Magoonba/Fort JANTHIR/Dragonbrand 25/01/2013

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Good long fight for the Bay in Maguuma BL tonight, so much superior siege in that lord room mang.

<3

That was around hour 12 of mostly non-stop west keep siege, except for one brief break to let us get supply in and repair. Did you enjoy being moa’d? When can we see the recording?

After that we were outmanned and I think by then you had more golems than we had defenders on the map.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Did we get Lady Sayrah = moa’ed on film? If so then YESSSSS. Every time I see the Sayrah on the field I just beeline towards him and switch my elite to Basilisk Venom. I’ve got to get a naked stake on his stream. This is my mission for the week. :P

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonHandHiro.9574

CrimsonHandHiro.9574

Rebel, I’ve bowed both forwards and backwards on 2 characters to the Internet at large but you say one thing about a West Keep killzone you can make the stream and be street like me.

Anyway I present a poem for you, Rebel.

There once was a thief dubbed Daughter
Who’s food couldn’t be any hotter
dinner cooking, no way
but siege, trebuchet
and Heartseeker Spam til he got her.

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

A poem about two theifs. One who can’t cook and one who substitues the bad cooking with siege engines and stabbing.

How about this one:

One flew east
One flew west
One flew over the cuckoo’s nest

so sayeth the great innuendo

in WvW

Posted by: Bit.2519

Bit.2519

Good long fight for the Bay in Maguuma BL tonight, so much superior siege in that lord room mang.

<3

That was around hour 12 of mostly non-stop west keep siege, except for one brief break to let us get supply in and repair. Did you enjoy being moa’d? When can we see the recording?

After that we were outmanned and I think by then you had more golems than we had defenders on the map.

Haha yes! I always try to spam 5 when I’m moa’d and I usually get away, but Immobilize + Moa = dead x_x

Did we get Lady Sayrah = moa’ed on film? If so then YESSSSS. Every time I see the Sayrah on the field I just beeline towards him and switch my elite to Basilisk Venom. I’ve got to get a naked stake on his stream. This is my mission for the week. :P

Oh my :<

Commander Lady Sayrah-Fort Aspenwood [PRO]
http://www.twitch.tv/bitcloud1 http://www.youtube.com/JetstormTV

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

So wait a minute who the hell is Tolbhrin? And what server is this person on?

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Besetment.9187

He is on Fort Aspenwood and his military genius is the primary reason you are winning.

in WvW

Posted by: Volatility.6729

Volatility.6729

Does Mag roam with anything other than FOTM D/D eles?

Ostrich Burger
The Patryns [TP]

in WvW

Posted by: Fiction.6418

Fiction.6418

Whatever toons I have listed, I use those.. mostly mesmer these days though. So at least 1 non d/d.

Evidence – 80Asura Thief | Skáldskap 80Human Guardian | Pirateking 80Human Mesmer
Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Besetment.9187

Yeah we do. Theres alot of Mags players who roam around solo for information gathering purposes and are capable of fighting 1vs1, 1vs2 (or more if the enemy players are not that good).

Yaks Bend had this one pistol dagger thief that was insane. He had an [IKF] tag (I Killed Rurik). He killed 15 our guys (not newbies either) before we invited him to an impromtu fight club. He then went 10 to 1 win/loss in 1vs1 duels.

We liked him immediately.

We also like small teams like Anonymous Defender [AD] on Devona’s Rest. I feel like alot of players that only play in the upper tiers are missing out on fighting guilds like that because they are highly accomplished, intelligent players that always give great fights. When they beat us they deserve credit where its due.

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

He is on Fort Aspenwood and his military genius is the primary reason you are winning.

Oh really? I haven’t seen him.

I was under the impression he had a huge ego. But I have a feeling my guild will out ego anyone on FA.

We’ll have to put him in his place.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

How are thieves under water? This guy panicked the second he chased me into the water, and I turned in on him.

Though it depends on build, thieves are one of the worst, if not the worst, underwater class, imo.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: DarthBenedict.3410

DarthBenedict.3410

Thieves and D/D eles are much better at escaping from zergs than other classes, so of course there will be more of them roaming.

[WäR]

in WvW

Besetment.9187

Nah they are far from the worst. Speargun 2 does insane damage. Spear 5 is ridiculous if you trait for initiative gain. Roll for Initiative can be used underwater.

A good argument can be made that the underwater skillsets for most classes do not mesh with the entire concept of the class. A Thief has no underwater stealth unless your heal skill is Hide in Shadows. Underwater combat for a thief is not based around trickery or deceptive movement.

Oh. and nothing underwater will ever be as strong as a Mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Yeah we do. Theres alot of Mags players who roam around solo for information gathering purposes and are capable of fighting 1vs1, 1vs2 (or more if the enemy players are not that good).

Mag is really the only server we have faced that uses an extensive network of dedicated scouts (although I’m sure other servers do it as well). It’s really quite effective. That’s one of the reasons I like Mag. They (for the most part) use their thieves as scouts and harassment instead of just for solo ganking.

We also like small teams like Anonymous Defender [AD] on Devona’s Rest. I feel like alot of players that only play in the upper tiers are missing out on fighting guilds like that because they are highly accomplished, intelligent players that always give great fights. When they beat us they deserve credit where its due.

Thanks. Right back atcha.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Nah they are far from the worst. Speargun 2 does insane damage. Spear 5 is ridiculous if you trait for initiative gain. Roll for Initiative can be used underwater.

A good argument can be made that the underwater skillsets for most classes do not mesh with the entire concept of the class. A Thief has no underwater stealth unless your heal skill is Hide in Shadows. Underwater combat for a thief is not based around trickery or deceptive movement.

Though it depends on build, thieves are one of the worst, if not the worst, underwater class, imo.

Try Speargun #2 as condition spec and tell me about how awesome it is. The key point is your second paragraph.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: WIGZ.8245

WIGZ.8245

Monday night was pretty dull in Maguuma BL. It is fun kicking the bee hive that the north camp is though. Granted culling is still somewhat broken. Even with decent client side hardware, players just don’t load. DB came out to play, was fun, kudos to you guys putting up a fight.

Score update anyone?

[BT] Wigz – Blackgate – 80 Engineer & Warrior
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I think necros and rangers are stronger underwater. Necros I know can blow up illusions before they do pretty much anything and have extremely strong underwater kits. A mesmer might be able to escape a necro underwater, but all else being equal, the necro will win the fights.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Mesmer was nerfed underwater this patch for starters. Spear 5 is trash against anyone who knows what they’re doing, and harpoon gun 2 is terrible for condition build, but at least it hits hard for power builds. Necro, Ranger, and Warriors are a pain in water… guardian isn’t that bad either. I’d still say mesmer is better off than thief even though they nerfed clone confusion stacking and slapped it on mariner instead, but we have to get 3 phantasms out before we get to the level 3 clones were at before.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

I certainly cant speak for an elementalist’s underwater DPS, but they’re kitten good at CC underwater. 3x movement controlling abilities. It’s quite fearsome.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in WvW

Posted by: Commisar.8695

Commisar.8695

I take offense to those saying we roamers are only d/d ele’s when I infact, run the single worst roaming build ever, glass cannon melee ranger, I’ve yet to win a fight but it counts okay! So suck it!

I also take offense to those saying our scouts were thieves, I’m looking at you oozy! I’m super pro numero uno scout fun tiem ranger!

Also score update… Nope update time, can someone post scores please?

Colhearthlevel80ThiefWithAPet/BearhearthThe BoldLevel55BubbleTank/TushyhearthLevel18 CloneRPBot.

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

I take offense to those saying we roamers are only d/d ele’s when I infact, run the single worst roaming build ever, glass cannon melee ranger, I’ve yet to win a fight but it counts okay! So suck it!

Nah… I got you beat… Upleveled guardian, with a build focused on gap protection/light fields. I can’t even run away properly. ;-)

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

in WvW

Oozo.7856

I also take offense to those saying our scouts were thieves, I’m looking at you oozy! I’m super pro numero uno scout fun tiem ranger!

Honestly, they should have given ranger the best scouting skills in the game, not thieves. :P

in WvW

Posted by: Commisar.8695

Commisar.8695

Honestly, they should have given ranger the best scouting skills in the game, not thieves. :P

We are the best class at running away. 2x dodge, use lightning reflexes, use sword 2×2, use warhorn 5, use gs3. You’ve successfully broken combat and have swiftness. Prepare to run into the nearest pool of shallow water you can find.

Colhearthlevel80ThiefWithAPet/BearhearthThe BoldLevel55BubbleTank/TushyhearthLevel18 CloneRPBot.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

I think Avatar Dynasty has stumbled onto one of the cheesiest zerg comps in the game. Multiple glamour mesmers spamming feedback and null field. Got to admit it’s effective but if you thought multiple support guardians or d/d eles was cheese wait until you see multiple glamour mesmers.

Oh, I was wondering if that was a tier thing that everyone just did. I think everyone noticed all of that glamour on Friday night, it was nuts.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: RockonHarder.7235

RockonHarder.7235

Welp with the announcement of the reset and maguuma not having a strong night time, we’re currently outmanned in our bl. This kinda sucks.

after next weeks match up change it’ll be interesting to see how Dragonbrands and Kainengs Asian hordes handle each other. either way maguma will be waking up to a fully occupated BL i think.

you guys have a pretty strong early morning crew so they will get put to the test for clean-up.

Deathmonger esq lvl 80 necro
DB forever!!

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Welp with the announcement of the reset and maguuma not having a strong night time, we’re currently outmanned in our bl. This kinda sucks.

after next weeks match up change it’ll be interesting to see how Dragonbrands and Kainengs Asian hordes handle each other. either way maguma will be waking up to a fully occupated BL i think.

you guys have a pretty strong early morning crew so they will get put to the test for clean-up.

There is no guarantee that we will face either Kaineng or Maguuma next week. The entire ladder is being reset.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

There is no guarantee that we will face either Kaineng or Maguuma next week. The entire ladder is being reset.

Next week’s match ups still are calculated as usual, I believe.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Oozo.7856

As I understand it, they are just resetting server history/past performance from the scoring process. The projected matchups for next week will remain the same.

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

As I understand it, they are just resetting server history/past performance from the scoring process. The projected matchups for next week will remain the same.

Indeed.
The tiers next week will remain the same, they’ll just be reseting the server’s ratings and starting gathering numbers again.

I’m not excited about this.
To me, what this means, is that if Kaineng comes into tier 3 next week and steamrolls anywhere near as well as it has been, DB is going to plummet in tiers the following week.

Reseting the ratings feels like a really stupid decision when compounded with week long matches. If they went back to 24 hour matches for the first week or something it would be fantastic. But volatility is going to be so high after the ratings are reset that I kinda see wvw being more unbalanced than it already is for the coming 2-3 weeks; minimum.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: luckyninja.3405

luckyninja.3405

now that sever reset is happening friday maybe all BL will be full again and we will have some great fights till friday like when we fough aspen couple nights ago for west keep on our home BL for over a hour

Giffany [EOH]
Equal Opportunity Haters – Maguuma Chapter

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

now that sever reset is happening friday maybe all BL will be full again and we will have some great fights till friday like when we fough aspen couple nights ago for west keep on our home BL for over a hour

We made FA work for West keep last night. It lasted 8+ hours and they paid dearly everytime they tried to push in. They finally got it around 5:30 AM EST. By that time a lot of people had to go to sleep.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: nalenb.1425

nalenb.1425

Reseting the ratings feels like a really stupid decision when compounded with week long matches. If they went back to 24 hour matches for the first week or something it would be fantastic. But volatility is going to be so high after the ratings are reset that I kinda see wvw being more unbalanced than it already is for the coming 2-3 weeks; minimum.

Yep. I see next week being a pretty even fight, but us coming in 3rd. Then we’ll fall to the bottom of the ratings and spend another 4 weeks PvD to get back up to where we should be.

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

Yep. I see next week being a pretty even fight, but us coming in 3rd. Then we’ll fall to the bottom of the ratings and spend another 4 weeks PvD to get back up to where we should be.

The problem with predicting how next week is going to be is that both us (Dragonbrand) and Kaineng were reaching +695 during Asian primetime. So it’s hard to tell which one actually has the stronger Asians (I think we all expect it’s Kaineng, though I’d be really happy to be proven wrong).

While our NA primetime is stronger now than it’s been since early September, it is still not a time of day that DB tends to dominate.

With the increased volatility in ratings next week, it won’t surprise me if we end up dropping several ranks if Kaineng wins by a large margin. I don’t really look forward to ricocheting between like tiers 5 and 3 for the next month because we go back and forth from being steamrolled and steamrolling ourselves.

Again,
I’d like to be proven wrong,
But I suspect the servers in tier 3 with Kaineng next week are gonna get a pretty kittenty end of the WvW stick. It’s a bad week for ratings to reset.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: JoshuaLim.5197

JoshuaLim.5197

Shout out to the db pistol theif at the ruins in maguuma borderlands. You’re awesome :O I was the guardian that came to help the elementalist

Joshua Omgculling (Thief)
Fort Aspenwood | Deep Penetrations [DPS]

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

Shout out to the db pistol theif at the ruins in maguuma borderlands. You’re awesome :O I was the guardian that came to help the elementalist

Don’t take this as a complaint, I usually find thieves pretty fun to fight.

But I have never seen anyone give a complimentary shout out to a thief.
+1

Dragonbrand

in WvW

JaironKalach.4938

The problem with predicting how next week is going to be is that both us (Dragonbrand) and Kaineng were reaching +695 during Asian primetime. So it’s hard to tell which one actually has the stronger Asians (I think we all expect it’s Kaineng, though I’d be really happy to be proven wrong).

While our NA primetime is stronger now than it’s been since early September, it is still not a time of day that DB tends to dominate.

I think Mags will be able to make a much stronger showing next week, and scores will be even tighter. Right now we seem to be able to manage DB most of the day, but we get railed during Asian primetime. We could survive that, though, by regaining during Europe and holding during NA. I think we have a relatively strong even coverage. The problem with this match up is that we also aren’t able to dominate FAs NA enough to make up the point differential. I don’t think Kain has both DB and FAs strong times, so I would expect to see DB and Kain struggle with each other during Kain prime time (but basically wipe Mags out), but then Mags will come back during Europe prime time and be able to hold out long enough to even out or even take over.

In either event, I expect to see constant score updates, since I’ll be out of town travelling, and probably won’t be able to log. :-(

I play on Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Maguuma will always lose the night time in the top 9 ranked server area. Most of our asian/oceanic coverage is just NA nerds that don’t sleep, and even then we can’t compete with any real night time servers. Get used to losing your stuff overnight, because that’s how we’ve had to play forever.

in WvW

Posted by: RockonHarder.7235

RockonHarder.7235

I think Mags will be able to make a much stronger showing next week, and scores will be even tighter. Right now we seem to be able to manage DB most of the day, but we get railed during Asian primetime. We could survive that, though, by regaining during Europe and holding during NA. I think we have a relatively strong even coverage. The problem with this match up is that we also aren’t able to dominate FAs NA enough to make up the point differential. I don’t think Kain has both DB and FAs strong times, so I would expect to see DB and Kain struggle with each other during Kain prime time (but basically wipe Mags out), but then Mags will come back during Europe prime time and be able to hold out long enough to even out or even take over.

In either event, I expect to see constant score updates, since I’ll be out of town travelling, and probably won’t be able to log. :-(

This is 100% correct. Maguma has a very strong early morning crew. which comes on right after the asians go to bed. the real test for next week is who actually has the stronger NA coverage between the 3 of us.

Who every can fill FA’s coverage the best should come out on top. with kaineng and DB fighting during the late night shift maguma should have a big advantage.

Deathmonger esq lvl 80 necro
DB forever!!

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Maguuma will always lose the night time in the top 9 ranked server area. Most of our asian/oceanic coverage is just NA nerds that don’t sleep, and even then we can’t compete with any real night time servers. Get used to losing your stuff overnight, because that’s how we’ve had to play forever.

Say word son.

It’s actually much better nowadays. Back in the day, we really did lose absolutely everything within 5 minutes at night.

(edited by Rhyis.7058)

in WvW

JaironKalach.4938

Oh, yeah… I assumed this will be our lot for a good long while. Our Euro crew does a great job of resetting the field for us, though… I just wish we were having better luck holding during NA, this time around. We just get momentum going and then FA (I’m thinking it’s an late east/ early west cosat crew?) stomps around and we can’t quite hold long enough to beat the differential.

I play on Maguuma

in WvW

Besetment.9187

Our Euros are awesome. :]

Toot toot!

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I think Avatar Dynasty has stumbled onto one of the cheesiest zerg comps in the game. Multiple glamour mesmers spamming feedback and null field. Got to admit it’s effective but if you thought multiple support guardians or d/d eles was cheese wait until you see multiple glamour mesmers.

Oh, I was wondering if that was a tier thing that everyone just did. I think everyone noticed all of that glamour on Friday night, it was nuts.

Well Kylia was one of the pioneers of the glamour mesmer since when I started playing mesmer and when I faced Avatar when they were on IoJ they ran a couple of glamour mesmers. But it looks like they asked themselves “why have one or two when you can have five or six?” It’s a brutally effective spec if there are enough of them because the constant confusion effectively shuts down the enemy allowing the dps to come in and roll everyone. It’s also very hard to keep track of the real mesmers when they’re generating that many clones. The only problem with glamour mesmer is that the spec has room for only one break stun so you really need a lot of support while running it. It’s funny though I hadn’t really seen anyone run that many glamour mesmers until them. I believe it may be the cheesiest zerg comp in the game.

(edited by Israel.7056)

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I’m sorry you couldn’t defend that camp I was taking. Don’t feel bad. No one else on your server can either.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Well Kylia was one of the pioneers of the glamour mesmer since when I started playing mesmer and when I faced Avatar when they were on IoJ they ran a couple of glamour mesmers. But it looks like they asked themselves “why have one or two when you can have five or six?” It’s a brutally effective spec if there are enough of them because the constant confusion effectively shuts down the enemy allowing the dps to come in and roll everyone. It’s also very hard to keep track of the real mesmers when they’re generating that many clones. The only problem with glamour mesmer is that the spec has room for only one break stun so you really need a lot of support while running it.

Doesn’t seem like a problem at this tier… :P

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Wasn’t there a philipino guild that covered the morning too?

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: nalenb.1425

nalenb.1425

So where are the duels? I’ve only had 2-3 so far this match. It breaks up the monotony of running supply and building siege for me.

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Vizier.3164

Vizier.3164

Updates!

Since db likes to treb us all day in eb, we had to take your keep again to give our defenders a little break :P

Attachments:

i7-3770K, XFX HD7970, ASUS SABERTOOTH, G.Skill ARES 16 GB 1600
Vizier: 80 mesm-guard-ele-war
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Whenever you guys say “when our Asians go to sleep”, I picture our Asian players all lined up in some Maguuma boarding house being tucked in for bed by our NA players. Then a bell rings the next day and they all jump back into WvWvW.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Well Kylia was one of the pioneers of the glamour mesmer since when I started playing mesmer and when I faced Avatar when they were on IoJ they ran a couple of glamour mesmers. But it looks like they asked themselves “why have one or two when you can have five or six?” It’s a brutally effective spec if there are enough of them because the constant confusion effectively shuts down the enemy allowing the dps to come in and roll everyone. It’s also very hard to keep track of the real mesmers when they’re generating that many clones. The only problem with glamour mesmer is that the spec has room for only one break stun so you really need a lot of support while running it. It’s funny though I hadn’t really seen anyone run that many glamour mesmers until them. I believe it may be the cheesiest zerg comp in the game.

I’ve heard Klunk mention it before. I can imagine TriM would probably run groups like that if we were ever given the option for premade spec swapping, so we don’t have to respec every single time we enter.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]