Magoonba/Fort JANTHIR/Dragonbrand 25/01/2013

in WvW

Posted by: Furgerat.7842

Furgerat.7842

Is BT the BT from Warhammer?? if so its furg/amanti hit me up for some puggage m8’s

Furrygreen-PAXA-BAMF
Furgerat-Virus23-DAOC
Furrygreen-Abstract-DAOC

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

So, since FA and Mag are much more awesome than us on DB (judging by the number of posts), what fun activities do you have planned for all of us tomorrow night before reset?

DB has a great community especially since the collaspe way back in week 7 or so when 5-6major guilds left for SoS, they’ve slowly rebuilt and they’ve climbed back to t3. Every server is good in their own way,

I personally being on all of these server at one point in time know these servers well. I started launch week on DB, hopped to kaineg after the collapse of DB in t2 and to escape the drama I went to the one place that TRULY didn’t care about winning because holding one tower for an hour=win! Came to maguuma, loved it there but left because of some issues, which i won’t discuss, went to JQ with tolbhrin which was just straight up awful, not that the server was bad, it was just too much of a stalemate because if you don’t run in groups of 15ish you get zerged over alot, so i asked tolbhrin if he wanted to go back down a couple of tiers to escape having to zerg with others as we usually run in small groups anyways, and here we are in FA now. But for the record we came here at the same time as the IoJ xfer but didn’t know about it or else i wouldve asked tolbhrin to go to DB to help balance the match.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

I can say without a doubt, the only thing I hate about Rebel, is that I read every single one of his forum posts in his voice.

Why does his voice have to be so memorable?

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

So, since FA and Mag are much more awesome than us on DB (judging by the number of posts), what fun activities do you have planned for all of us tomorrow night before reset?

DB has a great community especially since the collaspe way back in week 7 or so when 5-6major guilds left for SoS, they’ve slowly rebuilt and they’ve climbed back to t3. Every server is good in their own way,

I personally being on all of these server at one point in time know these servers well. I started launch week on DB, hopped to kaineg after the collapse of DB in t2 and to escape the drama I went to the one place that TRULY didn’t care about winning because holding one tower for an hour=win! Came to maguuma, loved it there but left because of some issues, which i won’t discuss, went to JQ with tolbhrin which was just straight up awful, not that the server was bad, it was just too much of a stalemate because if you don’t run in groups of 15ish you get zerged over alot, so i asked tolbhrin if he wanted to go back down a couple of tiers to escape having to zerg with others as we usually run in small groups anyways, and here we are in FA now. But for the record we came here at the same time as the IoJ xfer but didn’t know about it or else i wouldve asked tolbhrin to go to DB to help balance the match.

This must be the strangest reply to a post I’ve ever seen. Did you read the post you quoted? I don’t think it has anything to do with what you were talking about…
I’m confused.

PS. I’m in here requesting … NO DEMANDING that the thread title be changed. The server names are incorrect. It’s obviously:
Magoonba / Fort JANTHIR / Dragonbrand

kkthx.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

John Widdin.9618

Alrighty, done.

Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

This must be the strangest reply to a post I’ve ever seen. Did you read the post you quoted? I don’t think it has anything to do with what you were talking about…
I’m confused.

PS. I’m in here requesting … NO DEMANDING that the thread title be changed. The server names are incorrect. It’s obviously:
Magoonba / Fort JANTHIR / Dragonbrand

kkthx.

Well my understanding of his post was that FA and MAG doesn’t care about DB and it’s all about them. I was simply responding saying all servers are great in their own way and comes from great roots, and DB being my home server i still have pride about the server, in fact i’ll probably guest there since my former kaineg guild is in DB now.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

I hit Maguuma hard all week for a few reasons

1. You guys talk a lot on the forums, it’s easy to want to test you out.
2. You seem to enjoy direct conflict, and I still have a lot to learn about commanding. You’ve been educational all week on your BL.
3. You won a whole lot in lower tiers, and I want practice for fighting against Kaineng.

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

John Widdin.9618

Hope we put up a better fight for you when our servers meet again.

Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

We didn’t mind DRgn or RET or Gods. Honestly you guys need work on open field fighting. The biggest threat was when you set more people and siege on a safe treb then we could muster to counter it.

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Alrighty, done.

I love you.

Have my babies?

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

We didn’t mind DRgn or RET or Gods. Honestly you guys need work on open field fighting. The biggest threat was when you set more people and siege on a safe treb then we could muster to counter it.

Either that or attack repeatedly the same spot with the same tactics but with more people until it finally works hours later.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

John Widdin.9618

Either that or attack repeatedly the same spot with the same tactics but with more people until it finally works hours later.

Or pray for a WvW build shutdown.

Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

In short, there is a subset of Maguuma players who decided not to contribute to WvW on Monday and are actively trying to disrupt communication. It now costs GEMS to transfer so I find this behavhior unethical. I hope this stops because it’s embarrasing.

We tried to warn you. We tried very, very hard to warn everyone. Can’t blame us that everyone thought we were joking.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in WvW

Ninein.4782

In short, there is a subset of Maguuma players who decided not to contribute to WvW on Monday and are actively trying to disrupt communication. It now costs GEMS to transfer so I find this behavhior unethical. I hope this stops because it’s embarrasing.

We tried to warn you. We tried very, very hard to warn everyone. Can’t blame us that everyone thought we were joking.

To the people who think WvW belongs to them or Maguuma belongs to them and that it is an exclusive club, it doesn’t.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Pinko.2076

To the people who think WvW belongs to them or Maguuma belongs to them, it doesn’t.

I think you’re over exaggerating. People are not spending 10 hours a day grinding out defense because they don’t enjoy doing it for 7 days straight. You’re OG Maguuma, so you should know we don’t do things if we stop enjoying them.

We learned and know how to stop FA’s siege from the first 3 days, so why should we repeat it for the last 4 if it’s clear how tedious it is? I’d rather we play for fun, and the score we get is the score we get. That means we’ll eventually be in a tier where we can have fun instead of grinding out borderlands defense for 10 hours a day.

in WvW

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

I hit Maguuma hard all week for a few reasons

1. You guys talk a lot on the forums, it’s easy to want to test you out.
2. You seem to enjoy direct conflict, and I still have a lot to learn about commanding. You’ve been educational all week on your BL.
3. You won a whole lot in lower tiers, and I want practice for fighting against Kaineng.

… I think you all hit us very hard this week Especially the first couple nights, a lot of running back and forth, especially in EBG between both sides of our land, trying to fend off an FA onslaught in time to make it back to fend off a DB onslaught… We held SM for a while (my guild capped SM from FA with about 15 people on reset night? how the kitten did you let us do that?), and had almost constant North and South battles going on the walls. It was exhausting, felt like you forgot you were playing each other too

You guys gave us a great welcome to Tier 3 and personally I think it’s been a blast. Cant wait for reset next week, and after what I’ve seen, FA, I’ll be rooting for you in tier 2!!! And DB, we’re comin’ for ya, all in a love-of-the-game sorta way of course

in WvW

Ninein.4782

I think you’re over exaggerating. People are not spending 10 hours a day grinding out defense because they don’t enjoy doing it for 7 days straight. You’re OG Maguuma, so you should know we don’t do things if we stop enjoying them.

We learned and know how to stop FA’s siege from the first 3 days, so why should we repeat it for the last 4 if it’s clear how tedious it is? I’d rather we play for fun, and the score we get is the score we get. That means we’ll eventually be in a tier where we can have fun instead of grinding out borderlands defense for 10 hours a day.

Not complainging about WvW population per se. Just the disruption to my WvW experience exhibited by some “Get off our server” people.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Not complainging about WvW population per se. Just the disruption to my WvW experience exhibited by some “Get off our server” people.

if you’re not the target of those comments, then why does it matter? let the trolls troll, its what they do

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Isn’t that the Drgn who would spam for people on all servers from inside wvw?

[SU]

in WvW

Ninein.4782

if you’re not the target of those comments, then why does it matter? let the trolls troll, its what they do

It was disruptive and I didn’t want to be lumped in with the “our” part of “Get off our server.” Plus I couldn’t figure out what the heck was going on with all the spam and arguments instigated by said people.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Dragonbrand doesn’t even get to have their own nickname.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Ninein.4782

Does anyone even have a grudge against DB? You get an awesome nickname once you have a grudge match with someone.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

Does anyone even have a grudge against DB? You get an awesome nickname once you have a grudge match with CD.

Fixed since the nicknames were given by us. We did have a very brief grudge match with DB in the past but I’m pretty sure very few people remember it.

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

That isn’t trolling. That’s just being a dbag.
(the whole mess w/ ppl in wvw)

[SU]

(edited by xxxzavulonxxx.8413)

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Because we don’t need one. Everyone knows who we are and there’s no negative connotation involved.

I, personally, love that.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

Because we don’t need one. Everyone knows who we are and there’s no negative connotation involved.

I think they should have a nickname. Something that references Rodney Dangerfield. Dangerbrand? Dragonrod?

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I think they should have a nickname. Something that references Rodney Dangerfield. Dangerbrand? Dragonrod?

If you look at their rating evolution http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/35/#history,
it looks kind of like a parabola. Maybe call them Parabolabrand?

in WvW

Posted by: nalenb.1425

nalenb.1425

Well my understanding of his post was that FA and MAG doesn’t care about DB and it’s all about them. I was simply responding saying all servers are great in their own way and comes from great roots, and DB being my home server i still have pride about the server, in fact i’ll probably guest there since my former kaineg guild is in DB now.

Yeah sorry, I like DB and have been on it since the beginning. I was just joking that so many posts on the forums are from FA and Mag that they are the better forum warriors.

So, anything setup for tomorrow night? Something fun and light hearted?

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

If you look at their rating evolution http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/35/#history,
it looks kind of like a parabola. Maybe call them Parabolabrand?

Really, no love for Dragonrod? I’ll admit, Parabolabrand is more fun to say, but mine’s got way more immature innuendo….

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.7320

Mike.7320

What we OG deal with everyday. 13+ vs us 4 plus the two pugs doing something to the west lol.

Attachments:

Idolizethis Warrior

Arkham (Ark)

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow Gathering.5649

Shadow Gathering.5649

Dragonvdoorbrand? Because you have to admit this dragon breathes fire mostly during the night. No disrespect.

Rockrain
FA

in WvW

Posted by: nalenb.1425

nalenb.1425

Dragonvdoorbrand? Because you have to admit this dragon breathes fire mostly during the night. No disrespect.

I thought that was a passive aggressive jab at us who play during the NA prime time. Then I saw the “no disrespect” and the smiley. Phew.

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

Doorbrand, PvDoor so much that they left a watermark on every gate.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Rskippy.3620

Rskippy.3620

How about: Dovahbrand, all talk no action?

Just kiddin, great fights by all sides this week I have loved almost each and every individual fight we have.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Why give a nickname to somebody you never see?

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

WäR just running around with a 5 man team, ran into some DB. We decided to ram some PRO, some Krew were there as well.

(edited by Tricare.2946)

in WvW

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

There was only 1 krew there, which it was me and i do believe it took 5 of u to kill me.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in WvW

Posted by: Invalid.8765

Invalid.8765

1v5, wasn’t planning on killing all of you

Attachments:

Invalid Password [EVOH]

in WvW

Posted by: Pichichi.1975

Pichichi.1975

To the 222222222 thief that was counter ganking me as i was ganking your yak (FA BL). :O my queue popped

Tukuku – Mesmer / Mimiyukii -Thief / Sailor Mimi – Necromancer
[DERP] [iRez]

in WvW

Posted by: escobert.9024

escobert.9024

Nice exploit at the supply depot magumma. Too bad we still are kicking your butts :p

Blippy Azure – Asura Guardian
Acquire [ACE]
For Aspenwood Has A Giant [HAMR]

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Nice exploit at the supply depot magumma. Too bad we still are kicking your butts :p

In what way?

in WvW

escobert.9024

in the DB BL, behind the greenvale supply they found a spot where they could all run to and be invincible.

Acquire [ACE]

in WvW

Pinko.2076

in the DB BL, behind the greenvale supply they found a spot where they could all run to and be invincible.

An FA poster… complaining about sitting at the SW spawn invincibility spot? I’m sorry, but are you doing a performance piece in text form?

in WvW

escobert.9024

Sorry I don’t use exploits so I dunno what you’re talking about..

Acquire [ACE]

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

This news is older than the internet itself

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

John Widdin.9618

Sorry I don’t use exploits so I dunno what you’re talking about..

Just blanket statements met with blanket statements.

Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

It’s not an exploit. It’s just some people don’t know about the range of the spawn protection buff called “Determined,” which gives player immunities to all kind of damages to prevent the spawn camping.
So, “Determined” buff is part of the game, not exploit.

Players these days need to know the maximum range or distance where they can have the “Determined” buff to prevent them from calling it exploit.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

Had fun camping FA with random DB friends in the EB JP~ No free siege for you ;3
2nd one is for cuteness and random floating quaggy * o *

Attachments:

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in WvW

Posted by: Xthnru.2079

Xthnru.2079

To my comrades on Maguuma,

Some of you need to learn the difference between “trolling people with an icon,” and “screwing around with an icon because this is a video game.”

Seriously, some of y’all need to lighten up.

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

There was only 1 krew there, which it was me and i do believe it took 5 of u to kill me.

Haha I guess I am worth 5 people, I think I was the only one attacking you.