Maguuma, Tarnished Coast, Listen Up!

in WvW

Posted by: Drium.8509

Drium.8509

Let’s not risk being the underdogs a second week in a row. Until we’re 100% sure that Ehmry Bay won’t be abusing timezones to nightcap us, I propose that our servers work together to keep their presence on the maps to a minimum. This can only work if the major guild leaders get in on this and if you spread the word of this to /map and /team in the WvWvW maps, so please, do!

PS: There is no reliable way to make sure the entire servers respect the alliance, so, I mean, some sillies and baddies are going to run around breaking the terms all the time. It might be best to ignore those little conflicts and let the baddies fight each other while the good people focus on Ehmry Bay together. Let’s make sure we don’t end up with another unplayable week, huh?

in WvW

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

Let’s not risk being the underdogs a second week in a row. Until we’re 100% sure that Ehmry Bay won’t be abusing timezones to nightcap us, I propose that our servers work together to keep their presence on the maps to a minimum. This can only work if the major guild leaders get in on this and if you spread the word of this to /map and /team in the WvWvW maps, so please, do!

PS: There is no reliable way to make sure the entire servers respect the alliance, so, I mean, some sillies and baddies are going to run around breaking the terms all the time. It might be best to ignore those little conflicts and let the baddies fight each other while the good people focus on Ehmry Bay together. Let’s make sure we don’t end up with another unplayable week, huh?

maguuma resident here

unplayable? what are you talking about?

I had no problems playing this week.

in WvW

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

I am not from any of those servers but I show Ehmry Bay as the underdog. And looking at their queue past they have no where near full coverage.
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/6528/Ehmry_Bay.PNG

SOR – [Boss]

in WvW

Posted by: Vekseid.4286

Vekseid.4286

Yeah, it was Dragonbrand’s full coverage that did us in. It was pretty much blow for blow until nighttime. TC got a bit of an edge because of a bugged orb and I think Maguuma gave up earlier and more completely. I don’t think this is going to be as lopsided a fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruwe.9612

Ruwe.9612

Whats funny is that you guys are trying to build an alliance against the lowest ranked out of the three…..

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

Whats funny is that you guys are trying to build an alliance against the lowest ranked out of the three…..

If you saw the lack of organization there, you’d know that every little bit helps.

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

We’re not gonna be. It’s gonna be a pretty fair match all around.

in WvW

Posted by: Doc.6175

Doc.6175

Ehmry Bay player here! Saw this post and had to let you know it made our LA map chat laugh for a while.

in WvW

Posted by: Plutonium.1308

Plutonium.1308

Ehmry bay here, been a good fight so far. All the complaining about us overnight capping was unfounded.. the que charts prove that much. Gonna be a great week of fighting.

Observe Adapt Overcome
[FTF]Danke Bitte

in WvW

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

I don’t really care how this matchup goes, I just want it to last. Against DB was awful, I quit early into the first day. I heard they were exploiting, though. Something about Mesmers?

Either way, awful, awful matchup.

in WvW

Sharpclaw.7510

This has been a great match. I think that a lot of swings could happen over the session. TC on top but Ehmry with the orbs for now. Mag trailing but still putting up a good fight. I think we’re in for something fun!

in WvW

Posted by: Cufflink.3985

Cufflink.3985

Glad to hear it’s being competitive. I’ll be gone until Monday (clearly why Maguuma is behind!) and hope to have an even fight up ’til the end.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

TC here. When I saw we were up against Maguuma, I quietly cheered inside. Can internal cheering have a volume?

Anyway, from the past, we seem fairly matched against eachother so I think it’ll be good.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Extazy.5786

Extazy.5786

TC here. When I saw we were up against Maguuma, I quietly cheered inside. Can internal cheering have a volume?

Anyway, from the past, we seem fairly matched against eachother so I think it’ll be good.

2 servers fighting 1. How is that even?

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

The “night caps” they are referring to did happen but not because our server was playing unfairly. It was because there was absolutely no one online in the other two. I was on at 6AM and captured two keeps with a team of two before even seeing another person. We didn’t have guilds running around. After several days of the play being so completely one-sided, no one on the other team even wanted to play anymore. In fact, there were so few people playing that it would get to 5pm EST and you’d still be hardpressed to find someone from Ferguson’s or Borlis Pass.

Blame a one-sided match up. No one had fun that last one. If you think our server enjoyed wiping the other two, you’re wrong. There was nothing for us to do for a week. There was nothing for them to do for a week.

Next time before posting such a stupid rant on us playing unfairly, try to think of things from another angle. We look forward to this week – to a challenge – as much as Sarrs here does. If you think you guys will have fun by systematically killing off an entire server, you’re wrong. It will be just as boring for you guys as it was for everyone else playing last week.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

2 servers fighting 1. How is that even?

If that’s happening right now, it’s because you grabbed both of our orbs, you greedy gits.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Twinbros.5372

Twinbros.5372

I’m not apart of any big guild but I will agree to this. Besides looks like they have two orbs already so they only painted a target on themselves.

Tarnished Coast. 80 Elementalist , 80 Ranger, 80 Mesmer, 80 Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Kishandreth.2798

Kishandreth.2798

May i offer a “good luck” from Dragonbrand, and i’ll admit, it was no fun roflstomping everything into the ground. Most people quit playing wvwvw because it was getting boring.

The new match up we have looks like it will be intense. Jade Quarry > Dragonbrand > Crystal Desert. I’m betting the que data for this week will be intense for all 3 servers if it stays as competitive as it is.

Also, dont forget to have fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Asbrandr.6324

Asbrandr.6324

Not quite sure why TC and Mag are so intent on fighting each other at the moment. EB almost owns all three borderlands at the moment. It would make more sense to clip them down a bit than to fight for second place, as it’s still early in the game.

Zevkk | 80 Necromancer | Vyhrr Sootshroud | 80 Thief
Cyrus Quintillus | 80 Mesmer | Asbrandr Godrikson | 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in WvW

Drium.8509

I hate to say “I told you so” but “I told you so”. EB seems to have a very very solid night presence, and we’re getting owned overnight because we have very few people online.

Let’s stop messing around and actually cooperate here, or we’re gonna be in for another very very long week.

in WvW

Sharpclaw.7510

Except for the whole “We took back all of TC Borderlands” bit. Seems to have gotten EB a bit upset.

in WvW

Asbrandr.6324

They didn’t much like it when we attempted to take their Orb Keep in their borderlands. Map was empty because they were capping Maguuma’s stuff; when we started attacking it they swarmed back into the map with force. Within 10 minutes we had the Outmanned “buff”.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in WvW

Posted by: evocati.8712

evocati.8712

<—- EBay player.

Fun times last night! Pretty even matchup! I saw a fair amount of organized groups running around Maguuma borderlands last night – y’all had some very impressive team tactics on display!

We did recover a bit of ground overnight, but not nearly as much as we’ve done in past matchups – it’s still fairly close.

I think this weekend’s events will set the tone for the week to come.

Good luck and good fighting, Maguuma and TC.

in WvW

Asbrandr.6324

I’m just interested to see how it goes after Sunday night, when the weekend’s over. That will be the real deciding factor in whether or not we’re going to get rolled by a night crew again.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

EB has a very slight night advantage on TC and Maguuma. If you check out the queue charts, you can see they start 3 hours later and end 3 hours later. I was on until about 6a eastern and it was noticeable, but it wasn’t overwhelming. However, I did go back in to check on the scores and it seems EB grabbed a bunch of stuff after I left. He who scores last, scores longest.

At least it’s not Dragonbrand. Their oceanic players can rot in hell.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Alashion.3685

Alashion.3685

Maguuma just cost us GV and are simultaniously attacking our tower the same time Embyr is pushing.

in WvW

Posted by: Jasott.7914

Jasott.7914

Why must you guys be hating on Emhry Bay, we are just nocturnal is all… and we have a lot of people from Europe on our server thanks to WoodenPotatoes

in WvW

Posted by: Thagyr.4136

Thagyr.4136

The Dreaming Bay three way was awesome. Emhry pushing the north, Maguuma harassing the south, and TC managing to hold out for ages. It all came down to a mashup by the Keep Lord.

in WvW

Posted by: Seditiar.4036

Seditiar.4036

Ehmry bay here, been a good fight so far. All the complaining about us overnight capping was unfounded.. the que charts prove that much. Gonna be a great week of fighting.

That doesn’t say anything, you can easily have 100 people in every map without people noticing it on the graphs. If there’s no queue, it will not show up on the graphs.

in WvW

Asbrandr.6324

Why must you guys be hating on Emhry Bay, we are just nocturnal is all… and we have a lot of people from Europe on our server thanks to WoodenPotatoes

Because there are European servers for Europeans to fight on without unbalancing the population levels on NA servers. I’d say the same to the Oceanic players, but they don’t really have a choice in the matter. It wouldn’t be a problem if those players were more evenly distributed, but certain servers have large groups that ruin the fun the other servers try to have by making it entirely one-sided and a lost cause later in the week.

Besides, wouldn’t you rather be fighting against people during your prime time, rather than NPCs? Regardless, I’ll hold judgment until Monday; as it seems to be ok for now, even though you guys recked Maguuma last night.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

(edited by Asbrandr.6324)

in WvW

Posted by: RagingPwner.1530

RagingPwner.1530

Dont you guys think that its kind of pathetic that we have by far the least amount of the map control right now and you are still 2v1ing us? Explain to me how that makes the game fair. Just because you guys got stomped last week?

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

Dont you guys think that its kind of pathetic that we have by far the least amount of the map control right now and you are still 2v1ing us? Explain to me how that makes the game fair. Just because you guys got stomped last week?

We’re not doing it to spite you. We’re doing it because depriving you of the orb is the most tactically sound option in Maguuma Borderlands, and since we can’t do that directly, we’re applying pressure on your other holdings.

I can’t say anything for the other battlefields, except for seeing 4 golems stride past SM on their way to Anz, but if Maguuma wants to ignore us and beat you up it would be unbecoming of us to keep them from it.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

RagingPwner.1530

We’re not doing it to spite you. We’re doing it because depriving you of the orb is the most tactically sound option in Maguuma Borderlands.

We havent owned any 3 of the orbs in a couple hours there buddy. TC has more points than the other 2 combined and you guys still refuse to fight each other on any of the 4 maps. Say what you want but it is quite obvious what is going on.

in WvW

Posted by: Spongehunter.1743

Spongehunter.1743

If you cant beat them – goon them lol same in every game goons need people to help them becuase having 2k people isnt good enought. 20 goons vs 5 EB players = eb win

in WvW

Asbrandr.6324

I don’t control what everyone on my server does. If I had to guess, the commanders of the TC’s alliance probably want to get a point lead on the Bay before tonight as a buffer so we aren’t losing by 5k+ in the morning. I agree that the whole server alliance bit was probably a bit premature on the part of the OP. However, I can also tell you that stealing all the orbs yesterday, getting highest score, as well as capping all of Mag’s BL last night probably put you on the top of their list as well.

Don’t complain about being double-teamed when you were the leader in points. I expect you to tell me the same thing if I start complaining that TC’s being double-teamed when we’re in the lead; working as intended.

In addition, I can tell you that most of TC doesn’t read the forums; everyone I told last night about the queue details being released had no idea that they had been released. And all I did about the topic of this post was steer our group into EB’s BL last night instead of Maguuma’s because you had the orbs and the most points and were thus, the biggest threat. Not to mention, Maguuma barely had any players on, so it would have been boring to cap things there. Not like we would’ve held onto it anyway once your zerg reached the spots we had capped. It was more wise to whittle at EB’s point gain than Mag’s, in order to reduce the lead that you all already had on us.

We’re not doing it to spite you. We’re doing it because depriving you of the orb is the most tactically sound option in Maguuma Borderlands.

We havent owned any 3 of the orbs in a couple hours there buddy. TC has more points than the other 2 combined and you guys still refuse to fight each other on any of the 4 maps. Say what you want but it is quite obvious what is going on.

As for this comment, you’re still ahead by 5k total points; that means you’re in first. Placement is decided by total score, not points per interval.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in WvW

RagingPwner.1530

I don’t control what everyone on my server does. If I had to guess, the commanders of the TC’s alliance probably want to get a point lead on the Bay before tonight as a buffer so we aren’t losing by 5k+ in the morning. I agree that the whole server alliance bit was probably a bit premature on the part of the OP. However, I can also tell you that stealing all the orbs yesterday, getting highest score, as well as capping all of Mag’s BL last night probably put you on the top of their list as well.

Don’t complain about being double-teamed when you were the leader in points. I expect you to tell me the same thing if I start complaining that TC’s being double-teamed when we’re in the lead; working as intended.

In addition, I can tell you that most of TC doesn’t read the forums; everyone I told last night about the queue details being released had no idea that they had been released. And all I did about the topic of this post was steer our group into EB’s BL last night instead of Maguuma’s because you had the orbs and the most points and were thus, the biggest threat. Not to mention, Maguuma barely had any players on, so it would have been boring to cap things there. Not like we would’ve held onto it anyway once your zerg reached the spots we had capped. It was more wise to whittle at EB’s point gain than Mag’s, in order to reduce the lead that you all already had on us.

Ive been playing about 5 hours this morning in EB and there has not been a single battle between TC and Maguma. All of the fighting has been on our side of the map. When I look at all of the other 3 zones, the same thing is happening. There is no way that this is a coincidence. The word has obviously spread over the 2 servers and you guys are working together.

We were the 5th worst ranked WvW server coming into last week and now you guys are teaming up against us? Good job everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Fat.8965

Fat.8965

Pretty pathetic, but EB isn’t afraid.

in WvW

Asbrandr.6324

Ive been playing about 5 hours this morning in EB and there has not been a single battle between TC and Maguma. All of the fighting has been on our side of the map. When I look at all of the other 3 zones, the same thing is happening. There is no way that this is a coincidence. The word has obviously spread over the 2 servers and you guys are working together.

We were the 5th worst ranked WvW server coming into last week and now you guys are teaming up against us? Good job everyone.

You’re still in first; expect it to change if TC takes first place. Not to mention I’m sure AWC wants a point lead before tonight, I know that EB’s listed as a threat because of the night-time presence. At least we only have to worry about Mag during prime time. You having the ability to be on at all hours makes you more dangerous.

How do you think the other servers felt when you rolled them last week?

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in WvW

Posted by: Erbun.3564

Erbun.3564

All you twits have done is insured that no matter what, EB wins. Even if we lose. Because if we lose, it took both of you to do it.

If you were REAL pvp’rs, you shut up and put up, and wouldn’t need to outnumber your opponent to win.

Go ahead, keep coming 100 to out 20, we’ll keep holding you off.

in WvW

Asbrandr.6324

All you twits have done is insured that no matter what, EB wins. Even if we lose. Because if we lose, it took both of you to do it.

If you were REAL pvp’rs, you shut up and put up, and wouldn’t need to outnumber your opponent to win.

Go ahead, keep coming 100 to out 20, we’ll keep holding you off.

You’re being a hypocrite. Because it’s exactly the same thing your server does at night. Also, if you were a real PvPer, you’d be playing balanced sPvP, not WvW.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in WvW

Posted by: Katja.5649

Katja.5649

Thanks Maguuma, Tarnished Coast : we tons of exp (make it 2x) and karma thanks to that.

in WvW

Drium.8509

All I hear is a server that abuses their timezone advantage to win crying that their opponents decided they wouldn’t stand for it and fought back together.

Next time, don’t make both of your opponents angry in the first few hours of a new match up and you might avoid this.

It’s simple math, really. If you give your opponents a reason to take you seriously at the start of a battle, then you set the tone for the rest of it. By taking the orbs and getting such a ridiculous lead, you painted a target on yourself. And then it so happened your timezone advantage would have made it even worse, so we found a workaround.

(edited by Drium.8509)

in WvW

Posted by: Roland Falantyr.3290

Roland Falantyr.3290

Thats pathetic. Ehmry doesnt even have a great night presence.

in WvW

Drium.8509

You may certainly claim so, but those of us playing late last night saw otherwise.

in WvW

Asbrandr.6324

The queue charts only track when there is a queue; they don’t track how many players are on the WvW maps when there isn’t a queue. If the cap’s 300 and you have 299 that flatline wouldn’t have moved an inch. And as Drium has stated, you had a sizable zerg sweeping your BL, Mag’s, EB, and later, our own BL from 3:00AM to 8:00AM EDT.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in WvW

Posted by: Krustydog.1043

Krustydog.1043

Ummm…its daytime and we are still winning.

in WvW

Posted by: whiran.1473

whiran.1473

Having been part of the battles in this three I would like to note that it is fairly close.

While some on EB may think that Mag and TC are cooporating that isn’t really accurate. There have been many battles between Mag and TC.

What EB is experiencing is the result of having grabbed some ‘extra’ orbs and getting up on the point tally. To be up in points implies ownership of lots of stuff. That lots of stuff got taken back and the zerg groups just zerged onwards pushing back EB to a nominal presence on the map at the moment.

I’m sure once the zerg momentum breaks and EB regroups their zerg, the maps will even out again.

I don’t know why people actually think that there is some grand overall plan about how these maps play out. Organization is, at best, spotty. On TC we have a few ‘leaders’ but, the reality is that the zerg doesn’t read team chat anyway. People band together for protection. They act like a school of fish – all going together in one direction.

Once they get scattered they are shattered until the zerg reforms. It is very rare to see a cohesive and coordinated plan happening.

in WvW

Drium.8509

Ummm…its daytime and we are still winning.

You are, but at this rate you’re kind of screwed unless you retake a large part of the map while we make up for your unfair lead.

in WvW

Drium.8509

Having been part of the battles in this three I would like to note that it is fairly close.

While some on EB may think that Mag and TC are cooporating that isn’t really accurate. There have been many battles between Mag and TC.

What EB is experiencing is the result of having grabbed some ‘extra’ orbs and getting up on the point tally. To be up in points implies ownership of lots of stuff. That lots of stuff got taken back and the zerg groups just zerged onwards pushing back EB to a nominal presence on the map at the moment.

I’m sure once the zerg momentum breaks and EB regroups their zerg, the maps will even out again.

I don’t know why people actually think that there is some grand overall plan about how these maps play out. Organization is, at best, spotty. On TC we have a few ‘leaders’ but, the reality is that the zerg doesn’t read team chat anyway. People band together for protection. They act like a school of fish – all going together in one direction.

Once they get scattered they are shattered until the zerg reforms. It is very rare to see a cohesive and coordinated plan happening.

Actually our Maguuma commanders are telling people to ignore TC and focus on EB, and that’s how we’re operating on all four maps, so, huh… yeah.

in WvW

Posted by: Alandrian.5431

Alandrian.5431

I had to log on just to laugh at our (EB) taking everything late night.

Ive WvW some in each match up and almost every time we loose everything at night.

I most remembered when we fought the 2 new servers at the time one being ET (before i guess any big guilds went there). And we lost everything to them over night we were getting 10 pts the next day.

Lol also when Darkhaven was on the Guru (i know its Guru but) stating they were beating everyone during the day and loosing it at night. Its funny to me because we were the ones beating them during prime time and had the fewest points the next day.