Maguuma, Tarnished Coast, Listen Up!

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

What’ll be funny is TC will not be laughing if they go up a tier. Most likely TC will be facing Dragonbrand again. We’ll see you guys the week after that.

Shockingly, I’d welcome it. If anything, that match up taught us a lot. Would we win? I don’t know; especially judging from queue data and the fact that they’re also very smart players or, rather, there’s a lot of good guild coordination on that side. But we learned a lot from that match so, if anything else it’d be fun because it’d be interesting.

in WvW

Posted by: bwookie.3807

bwookie.3807

What’ll be funny is TC will not be laughing if they go up a tier. Most likely TC will be facing Dragonbrand again. We’ll see you guys the week after that.

Shockingly, I’d welcome it. If anything, that match up taught us a lot. Would we win? I don’t know; especially judging from queue data and the fact that they’re also very smart players or, rather, there’s a lot of good guild coordination on that side. But we learned a lot from that match so, if anything else it’d be fun because it’d be interesting.

What it comes down to is logging in and playing at all times. The only times people dominate the map and pull down mega points is when they are unopposed. Has nothing to do with skill. When the servers are full point spreads are very close. Just from design of the maps; how easy it is to take keeps and towers and how hard it is to defend when you have most of the map and a full team of two opponents attacking points closest to their spawn.

TC has had very good attendance so far this week but my guess is it’s by 30% (from extrapolating from ArenaNet’s 30% of the playerbase has tried WvW; it might even be a much smaller percentage) of their server and doing that week after week is not possible. People will just get tired. The only ones who will be at the top tier are the servers where the WvW players flocked to. Which is not surprisingly HOD, and the other top score servers that got that rank from the round of 24 hour matches. All you can hope for is that your server gets better tactically and strategically which is where the real fun is. Trying to match the efforts of the top tier servers with a population that just isn’t as interested in WvW just isn’t going to work long haul.

in WvW

Posted by: Jestersmiles.4365

Jestersmiles.4365

If TC having this must trouble with us (Ebay) a low rank WvW server , well have fun fighting the big boys who dwarf you in number and alliances.

It pretty clear Ebay is never going to be a WvW server , we are only here because we steamrolled the last two servers but that ok with me, I am here for the SPVP not the WvW.

WvW is just who has the bigger number plain and simple.

Have run getting steamroll by ruin ….if you ever get that high.

“Thank you for rezzing me”- Thankful Stranger
“Np, it part of the Job :) " – Proud Guardian.

(edited by Jestersmiles.4365)

in WvW

Posted by: Jestersmiles.4365

Jestersmiles.4365

<—- Ebay player. Been in WvW almost exclusively all week.

Alliance or not, it’s pretty clear what the sequence of events were for this match-up.

Ebay gets an early lead. Prearranged or not, TC and Mag put the hurt down to claw back into the game. It’s a very smart strategic move.

Over the weekend, TC passes Ebay (and hasn’t given up the lead). Later, Mag and Ebay are close and Mag eventually pulls ahead. TC is opportunistic, taking easy points, beating up on whoever’s in 2nd and violently defending their holdings in their borderlands.

At this point, Mag and Ebay should have allied and put the smack down on TC. Neither server did, so TC gained what looks to be an insurmountable lead. Ebay and Mag continue to take points off each other, rather than work on shortening TC’s gap.

TC’s earned this victory through cunning. It’s been beautiful to watch. Regardless of whether they ‘played’ Mag or Mag and Ebay just aren’t smart enough to take points off the leader doesn’t really matter.

This has been a fun matchup, probably beyond repair for Ebay.

I’ve learned a lot by seeing how TC plays and hope my server takes the lesson to heart.

We won’t ,we are in no shape of form a WvW server. I bet most people spvp in our servers than WvW and there nothing wrong with that.

“Thank you for rezzing me”- Thankful Stranger
“Np, it part of the Job :) " – Proud Guardian.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

If TC having this must trouble with us (Ebay) a low rank WvW server , well have fun fighting the big boys who dwarf you in number and alliances.

It pretty clear Ebay is never going to be a WvW server , we are only here because we steamrolled the last two servers but that ok with me, I am here for the SPVP not the WvW.

WvW is just who has the bigger number plain and simple.

Have getting steamroll by ruin ….if you ever get that high.

DBs way up the list from our last pairing (probably because they stomped Mag and TC so hard). TC will probably be up against 1st and 2nd place finishers in the Blackgate/ Gate of Madness/Yak’s Bend match up. And Mag/EB will probably fight 3rd place.

in WvW

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

At this point, Mag and Ebay should have allied and put the smack down on TC. Neither server did

Half right, Ebay has largely tried to avoid Mag in general up to a point, but as someone put it. “It’s hard to fight TC head on when Mag is always nipping at your tail.”

FAR too often we would be fighting TC and then here comes mag behind us trying to pick off our stuff when they could have just as easily gone for TCs undefended spots since we were both distracted.

I mean good grief, I saw mag send 6 siege golems against our LONE fort in an area.

I think today I share the same sentiment as the rest of Ebay and it’s showing. Fine, Mag, if you want to fight for second instead of actually trying to win that’s fine. If you keep doing it we’ll start fighting for second as well and it won’t be pretty. You’ve only been doing as well as you have because we have been actively trying to fight off TC to try and decrease the point gap and all you have done is try to stab us in the back the entire time helping TC.

Don’t start complaining when you wake up tomorrow and most of your blue territory is either red or green because Ebay was intentionally leaving some of your territories alone and finally got fed up with Mag’s stupidity in general.

We had a chance to keep this game close, but you refused to play smart.

Don’t be surprised if Ebay soon gets sick of you and moves to completely crush you. Honestly, you won’t be able to stop us. From what I’ve seen Goon squad and friends are your only competent PvP guilds and they are tactically stupid. You don’t have the night presence. The only thing that could really save you is TC, which honestly, at this point, they are the second place kingmaker. Better hope they honor your alliance for second place.

in WvW

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

Hi, I’m part of TC’s night crew in Eternal. How can you think that there is an alliance between servers when the whole map is green?

Screenshot was taken at 2:30am EST, or around then.

Also shows that all 3 servers weren’t letting the other teams get a foothold in their own borderlands overnight.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

in WvW

Supersun.4603

Hi, I’m from Emmy Bay, the only place whose battle ground is still filled to queue at midnight EST even over EB :/

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

I heart this thread.

I think it highlights how Maguuma got outplayed in forum warfare by Tarnished Coast. Ehmry vs Maguuma is a close match but TC ran away with the score. We should have been working together against TC starting about day 2. TC doesn’t have a totally overwhelming night crew but it’s still better than either EB or Maguuma.

You Maguuma guys got played.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: whiran.1473

whiran.1473

evocati.8712,

I think you got the broad strokes of it.

In my mind, the only thing I think you left out was that the early lead that EB took is what really set up the rest of the events. TC players and Maguuma players didn’t want what happened the previous week to happen again. As such there was definitely a concerted effort to take back what EB took overnight. No, not an alliance. Just individuals who rallied around the big enemy – EB.

As EB’s lead dwindled and Saturday’s prime time came and went – TC’s morale was way high. I don’t know about Maguuma but I know that goonsquad always has great morale… (so they tell us).

I also think that EB’s confidence was shaken. While people on TC’s side were putting in extra effort to ‘keep EB’ back. Some EB players were looking for scapegoats or ‘reasons’ why they were being attacked by both Maguuma and EB. The simple reason was that EB had almost full control of the map so, of course, they were targeted.

Once a zerg starts winning it keeps going.

Once morale is disturbed the snowball thing kicks in. More TC players check out WvW. This fills all the borderlands with full TC groups during prime time and even beyond. Players who avoided WvW the previous week pop back in for the ~good fights. This brings more players out into WvW since people like “winning.”

For EB the opposite starts happening. Less people join in WvW since they are “being ganged up on” and have to go against the “alliance.” Once a zerg appears EB will break early. I watched it a couple of times from the TC side. We had a smaller force than EB and broke EB because the EB players started running almost immediately. Plus, if a maguuma player is anywhere nearby it’s suddenly an alliance attack or something – so more EB players break off.

Maguuma… well.. goons are goons. Plus the rest of ’em. ~Good fights. Brofists!

The start of the week proved that this group was and is a great match up. The servers were pretty equal across the board. EB seemed to have been stronger in the early morning but that got munched away and since Saturday morning EB hasn’t managed to do the same thing again.

I’d love to play the same servers again next week – not because TC is winning but because the fights are fun, the people are awesome, and it’s a good vibe.. other than some apparently delusional and sad pandas on EB’s side.

in WvW

bwookie.3807

DBs way up the list from our last pairing (probably because they stomped Mag and TC so hard). TC will probably be up against 1st and 2nd place finishers in the Blackgate/ Gate of Madness/Yak’s Bend match up. And Mag/EB will probably fight 3rd place.

Doesn’t matter. DB is getting spanked right now I believe, and they jumped up that high from winning one match. It’s possible TC will be paired up with them again.

in WvW

Posted by: gloombot.3519

gloombot.3519

Yep, good fights tonight, in EB.

I could really see TC and DB getting paired up again because TC is going up because this win and DB going down, should put them on even tier again.

/sigh at all the “play for seconds”. I see us play ruthlessly against anyone -not- Maguuma, honestly. Just because we’ll end up second doesn’t mean that’s what we were shooting for, it was definitely not (if you’re not first – you’re last!). And TBH – most of the WvW force I see out there on the regular is not Goon. They have commanders but I don’t see their guild in force out there, at least at night.

Doom Bot – One Man Riot [iRez] – Maguuma – Guardian

in WvW

Supersun.4603

I see us play ruthlessly against anyone -not- Maguuma, honestly.

This sure as hell isn’t playing to win when TC has +50% more score then you.

Really, you guys essentially handed this victory to TC on a silver platter. We could of had an awesome week of fighting if you guys had started singling out TC a few nights ago, but now from the way things are looking it’s just going to be TC snowballing for the rest of the week because Ebay’s and Mag’s population are starting to die off.

There have been some ridiculous double standards going on.
Ebay takes an early lead. LET’S DOUBLE TEAM THEM! TC takes the lead. Ehh, we’re going to be over here harassing Ebay while they are actually trying to fight TC.
Night time and low population right now? SEND EVERYONE TO EBAY BORDERLANDS! Don’t bother sending many to Mag’s borderlands.

in WvW

Posted by: Lohengrin.3284

Lohengrin.3284

Hi, I’m part of TC’s night crew in Eternal. How can you think that there is an alliance between servers when the whole map is green?

Screenshot was taken at 2:30am EST, or around then.

Also shows that all 3 servers weren’t letting the other teams get a foothold in their own borderlands overnight.

Wow, EB’s night crew was busy – I logged off at around midnight EST, and we had almost their entire borderlands captured. We took garrison, Cliffside, and EH … fought to defend each for a little bit, and then I went to sleep. Kinda surprising to see us lose it all in just two hours!

in WvW

gloombot.3519

Really, you guys essentially handed this victory to TC on a silver platter. We could of had an awesome week of fighting if you guys had started singling out TC a few nights ago, but now from the way things are looking it’s just going to be TC snowballing for the rest of the week because Ebay’s and Mag’s population are starting to die off.

Ebay takes an early lead. LET’S DOUBLE TEAM THEM! TC takes the lead. Ehh, we’re going to be over here harassing Ebay while they are actually trying to fight TC.
Night time and low population right now? SEND EVERYONE TO EBAY BORDERLANDS! Don’t bother sending many to Mag’s borderlands.

Let’s get something straight, when we do focus on TC, Ebay is right there to gank our behinds somewhere.

It happened the other night with the siege on SM. We were already on inner wall and would have taken it if you guys didn’t storm in.

It happens almost everytime we move SW in EB towards TC’s lands, you come up and take Umb and then start working our towers. Unfortunately we are shooting for first but it’s pretty much unattainable, between Ebay and Mag we’re making sure we hold second AT LEAST, and you WANT to try and at least grab second, so you find it easier to hit our stuff while we hit TC’s, hoping to sneak second, because of course TC would take it’s stuff back first, giving you guys double time to make maneuvers. I’m not saying it’s not expected, it is. I’m saying stop blowing every single action and reaction on the field into a stupid conspiracy, it’s utterly pathetic at this point. I don’t think we took 1 thing from Ebay in EB while I played tonight except Umb camp back several times. We hit TC holdings EXCLUSIVELY.

I give you a challenge. Transfer to Maguuma and play with us tomorrow night. I’ll even add you to friends. I guarantee you’ll see things different. I play after midnight PST.

TC has 50%+ more score than us because they field 4x our numbers, AT LEAST, 24/7. It has nothing to do with decision making. We’re simply outmanned.

The only time we even harass Ebay is when you guys harass us (we simply take our stuff back, AKA “harassment” according to Ebay conspiracy theorists)

… or when we want to draw TC’s ridiculously manned zerg into your territories by taking something near your two’s borderlands to cause you to fight each other for a bit, giving us an opportunity to reclaim our lost stuff or take a few of TCs.

We simply don’t have the man power to go tow to tow with TC, so we have to employ those types of tactics to give us breathing room.

Mag and Eternal have most of our numbers during the night BTW, not Ebay borders.

(edited by gloombot.3519)

in WvW

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

DB here, we went from 9th to 6th against teams with the same rating at the time. I don’t believe we will drop that much considering JQ is rated 200 points higher than both of us. We are going to either not move at all or go down to 7th at most. If I knew IoJ or SoS’s rating before the ET match we could probably solve this more easily, but they didn’t seem to move much anyway. So TC shouldn’t be worried imo.

I don’t want it to happen either.

Edit: I found it. IoJ dropped 26 points and SoS dropped 50 something. They got a beating too, so we shouldn’t drop much.

(edited by celeron.3469)

in WvW

Supersun.4603

Mag and Eternal have most of our numbers during the night BTW, not Ebay borders.

Was more referring to TC on that one.

I’m also well aware of the number difference between you and TC. It’s the same with us. I mean I wouldn’t be surprised if TC’s night crew is bigger then both of our servers combined. TC might think it’s their awesome server coordination or something, but if they actually knew what the night logistics looked like their victory would feel a lot less special. I mean if they knew how lopsided some of these fights are that they barely are able to come out on top on they would feel utterly ashamed.

I think I know which SM attack you were speaking of. I wasn’t part of it personally, but I was somewhat paying attention to what was going on (I was trying to disrupt their waypoint in their lowlands). It’s not like Ebay came behind you, used your hole and attacked you from behind. We were both attacking SM and sorta met inside. I’m not sure I know exactly what happened inside, but I know that we had to retreat from SM because Mag started attacking our forts near their territory.

I’m not as experienced as what’s been happening in EB as I tend to play more in the borderlands (which imo are just better designed maps), but some of the stuff I’ve seen Mag do there is just borderlinekitten

in WvW

Posted by: Monte.5013

Monte.5013

Drium you’re on crack man. I joined EB 4-5 days back. I’ve been in WvW every day usually in the mornings EST. Every morning I come in and see TC with the entire map. Every time I log out, EB has taken some of its stuff back to even things out. As a test, I stayed online into primetime. I logged off at 9pm EST after taking all our side of EB back + SM. Log in the next morning and all green, in fact the entire map is green. I definitely think you need to relearn your colours, because it is quite clear TC are the night raiders you so desperately fear and that doesn’t just develop overnight.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Top pic: The approach to southern SM from Maguuma.

Bottom pic: Ehmery Bay’s approach from northern SM resulted in them attacking us, instead of Tarnished Coast, the owners of SM. /facepalm.

Battle for first. Not second. Kthx.

Attachments:

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

TC has 50%+ more score than us because they field 4x our numbers, AT LEAST, 24/7. It has nothing to do with decision making. We’re simply outmanned.

The only time we even harass Ebay is when you guys harass us (we simply take our stuff back, AKA “harassment” according to Ebay conspiracy theorists)

… or when we want to draw TC’s ridiculously manned zerg into your territories by taking something near your two’s borderlands to cause you to fight each other for a bit, giving us an opportunity to reclaim our lost stuff or take a few of TCs.

You are correct, TC just has more numbers then both of us at all times. Hell you guys on Maguuma even out-number us on EBay. As far as pop goes TC > Maguuma > Ebay.

Its been a tough battle, this week for us on Ebay. Was actually fun compared to the previous week when we stomped Ferg and Boralis by 10x the score. I have not been to active the past 2 days in WvW but was Fri – Monday night.

As of Monday night Maguuma and TC were still allied against us Ebay for some reason. At least on the TC map my guild was playing in this was evident. Why Maguuma was not trying to grab from TC I do not know when you guys are in 2nd. Hell we started Monday night pushing TC in their borderlands. Had Maguuma pushed from the SW while we in the SE then TC would have lost a lot and Maguuma could have gained more score, but for some stupid reason Maguuma decided to work with TC to push Ebay in the SE and our Keep. Really not a bright move tbh Maguuma.

So overall gg to TC for having better numbers and being smart enough to come out on top with the alliance to Maguuma. GG to Maguuma for the alliance with TC that guaranteed them 2nd place against a lower pop server and still behind TC lol. I don’t understand why you guys were afraid of us to begin with. You both out number us anyway. Maguuma would have been better off making an Alliance with Ebay. Then you could have maybe taken TC in pts, pushed them down a rank and you up a spot.

Oh gotta bring this up because it was pretty funny. Monday night in TC Borderlands the battle for SH Keep was epic! Maguuma hitting us from the south and TC the North. Both you guys were throwing your siege and bodies against SH Gates at the SAME time lol and failed.

For about 2 hrs both you guys tried and tried and tried to take SH and the Orb back. With 3 to 4 times our numbers you failed! Was an epic siege and defensive on our part. Hell you even made it to the lord but our balistaes destroyed you guys and we pushed you out of the keep again and again. Just goes to show that a well defended Keep with skilled players manning the ramparts can repel 3-4 times their numbers if the zerg is stupid. Had you guys bothered to use siege you may have taken it at the time. I am sure in the end as the night got later one of you took it back once our players went to bed.

In the end overall this match up has been blast! Much better action, we actually had to fight. So I was happy with this and next week we will probably match up against servers with a pop relative to ours so thank you for that! Cheers to the victor and good luck next week. Maybe next time Maguuma if we match up you may want to consider an Alliance with us against the higher ranked server. Still dumbfounded by that alliance.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

(edited by Mog.1589)

in WvW

Posted by: Erbun.3564

Erbun.3564

Been an awesome week regardless, everytime Ive logged into WvW it’s been a hair raising blast, and quite honestly I would be perfectly happy if at 8:05 we start this all over:)

God knows if we drop a bracket and we just rick roll ending a week 600k – 50k – 50k kitten just gets boring.

I’d much rather have a battle to lose then to just hang out in wvw mining ore.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

What Mog just posted was complete nonsense. See my 2nd pic (directly above his post) for proof.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Vanisher.9216

Vanisher.9216

Well it’s a way better balanced matchup than last one. At least for now.

in WvW

Mog.1589

What Mog just posted was complete nonsense. See my 2nd pic (directly above his post) for proof.

That pic shows nothing but both servers being out manned and beat by TC which is exactly what I said. Read my post and understand it before commenting on it.

Well it’s a way better balanced matchup than last one. At least for now.

Totally true and I had soooooo much more fun this week in WvW then last.

in WvW

Posted by: Zoula.5139

Zoula.5139

While I may not agree with the sentiments said, those pics were great with the “Come at me Bro” golem and self-kittening. +1

Zoula Frostmane
<Bloodgale Vanguard>
www.vanguardgaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: Hix.8925

Hix.8925

TC was winning when the numbers were even, except for the first night. From what I can tell, our numbers aren’t overwhelming overall, except for in EB and our own borderland. We definitely had more numbers in EB at offpeak from Monday onwards. For most of the week we had almost no presence in either of the other two borderlands during the off peak hours, at least as far as captured points go. I don’t know what happened last night that allowed us to take the entire WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: eCheese.8240

eCheese.8240

Keep crying about the imaginary “alliance” EB, you will never get better if you continually play the “victim”.

Sur Phobos / Dr Quinn
Team X Gaming [TXG]
Maguuuuuma

in WvW

Mog.1589

Keep crying about the imaginary “alliance” EB, you will never get better if you continually play the “victim”.

Lol actually there is not much crying in this thread. Read and comprehend before posting or head over to the HoD, JQ, SIB thread, that there has a ton of crying.

in WvW

whiran.1473

Just a note: Any time there is a queue that means the battleground is at their population limit. If all servers have a queue that means that each server has the same number of people in the battle.

Unequal numbers only happen when there are no queues. That means one server will probably have more people than another server. It’s worse if one server has a queue and another server does not.

I believe that TC has greater numbers in during the off-hours now. The week didn’t start like that but it has gotten to that point. I don’t know if this is true or not but I think so.

During prime time the teams are equal in terms of numbers unless EB no longer has a queue for that time.

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

I think off hour rotations became more important to TC (and possibly to Mag too; I’ve seen them make some fair off hour pushes)because of what happened with DB. I don’t know if we’re, overall, a more populated server though. The alliance thing is still pretty funny because it really was little more than strategies lining up. It wasn’t anything agreed upon or particularly planned.

I think this match has been a lot better for all three server than anything we had last week and hope that we can all be matched again in the near future. It’d be fun!

in WvW

Posted by: eCheese.8240

eCheese.8240

I can state for a fact that Mag only has queues in roughly 2 BGs per night (during prime time). Eternal and our own.

As far as “there is no crying here”…

Im sorry, but…. no, just no.

Half the EB guys are saying good fights, fist bump, etc. The other half have cried a kitten river.

I suppose that we at Mag could make the same case that EB attacks us, Waaah Waaah etc. But we dont.

Frankly, from what I have seen, the choice of who to attack has been decided more by the easiest opportunities vs. who is in first.

When you aren’t at max population in a BG, or even worse, only have 10-20 people in the BG at all, generally you take what you can, and you dont stand on principles.

Sur Phobos / Dr Quinn
Team X Gaming [TXG]
Maguuuuuma

(edited by eCheese.8240)

in WvW

Posted by: Talgonadia.3194

Talgonadia.3194

I know yesterday EB had hardly any que in all 4 maps. The only queue was 4 min in EB

in WvW

bwookie.3807

DB here, we went from 9th to 6th against teams with the same rating at the time. I don’t believe we will drop that much considering JQ is rated 200 points higher than both of us. We are going to either not move at all or go down to 7th at most. If I knew IoJ or SoS’s rating before the ET match we could probably solve this more easily, but they didn’t seem to move much anyway. So TC shouldn’t be worried imo.

I don’t want it to happen either.

Edit: I found it. IoJ dropped 26 points and SoS dropped 50 something. They got a beating too, so we shouldn’t drop much.

Yeah but you went up a lot of points. It really depends on where TC finishes. If TC ends up with 300k score as well then they’ll jump up 3 spots and be number 8 on the list. Ehmry Bay ended up with us because they won huge the last round. TC and Maguuma lost and pretty much stayed where they were. Most likely EB and Maguuma will be taking on whoever is beating the crap out of the lower tiers.

That’s the problem with the score right now in skewing the current ladder system. Uncontested overnight points end up adding huge to a server’s score and so you get a lot of movement to the servers that win their matchups. Last week pretty much every match ended with 100k pts lead or more by the winner.

There aren’t negative points for a loss is what I’m saying. You just gain less points. So your point total determines your rank. If you guys are 6 but not getting a lot of points you will be passed by whoever is winning big in the two tiers below you (they will be the new 5 and 6) if the tiers are fairly close together and they are. Only the top 4 servers went into these one week matchups with a significant point difference.

(edited by bwookie.3807)

in WvW

whiran.1473

I know yesterday EB had hardly any que in all 4 maps. The only queue was 4 min in EB

It doesn’t matter how long the queue is. If there is a queue then that map is at its population limit.

The only reason I bring this is up is to get people to think about the ‘they outnumber’ us comments.

There is probably some truth to it (it being TC having more players on some, if not all, of the maps since Sunday night) in the off-peak hours – since no one has queues and it’s really hard to figure out how many people are WvWing – but during peak times when every server experiences queues then everyone is at equal strength in the map.

I’ll check tonight, if I log in, if TC has queues for all the borderlands.

I hope arenanet posts the queue stats again and I would love to see population stats as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Dwok Immortalus.2763

Dwok Immortalus.2763

Maguuma Border has been the primary target of TC most of the weekend. Overall, they’ve been fairly good sports about the amount of pain they’ve been eating all week.

If you’ve noticed, the East side of each borderland favors the bottom right Invader force heavily. The west side of the Borderlands ridiculously favors the home server. EB is too difficult to push in any direction without leaving yourself and your supply lines open, and the keeps are too close to the spawns.

Dwok, the Undying
Support Warrior of Defiance[RUN]
Sanctum of Rall Server

in WvW

Posted by: xgrogx.8154

xgrogx.8154

Honestly our guild at least had one mission when this week’s WvWvW started. Soon as we saw we were matched up against Maguuma we decided we were going to hurt them hard for attempting to ruin the last weeks against Dragonsbrand. As we were holding our keep and pushing Maguuma back as far as possible Ehmry decided to try and sneak up and attack us across map as opposed to pushing against it’s immediate border’s. This then made us focus on Ehmry more than just letting the zerglings handle them.

Anyone thinking there is any sort of alliance is out of their mind. Sometimes its not tactical to try and hold certain areas compared to others. Sometimes its best to just harass or even cap a point for a few minutes forcing the enemy team to then have to pull their zerg to go and cap their supply post back.

xgrogx
Officer of “Defiance[RUN]”

in WvW

Supersun.4603

Like I said, not sure how things were working out in EB that much, but you guys had a serious case of stupid going on in the borderlands.

I mean there were times where most of Ebay on the entire map actively decided not to attack Mag and focus solely on TC. Time and time and time again we had to keep retreating from our front and deal with Mag attacking from behind.

Also, I hardly call 10 people an orchestrated effort to keep mag from taking SM. I know our numbers are low, but they aren’t THAT low. Likely just those chat blind people that attack anything they see that is red that got separated from the other 10 people on the map that were leading the thing.

It doesn’t matter how long the queue is. If there is a queue then that map is at its population limit.

The only reason I bring this is up is to get people to think about the ‘they outnumber’ us comments.

There is probably some truth to it (it being TC having more players on some, if not all, of the maps since Sunday night) in the off-peak hours – since no one has queues and it’s really hard to figure out how many people are WvWing

It’s hard to get an exact number sure, but at night both Mad and Ebay have the outmanned buff. From what I can tell you don’t get this unless one side outnumbers you at least 2v1. If both Mag and Ebay have this then at least half the players on the map are TC if I am right.

in WvW

Posted by: Spongehunter.1743

Spongehunter.1743

Lets gets some facts here becuase most of the post are BS.

1. Mag and TC paired up at the start even before fighting against EB.
2. Mag is so dumb that they agreed to this knowing they could not win
3. Even today with a huge lead MAG and TC are STILL teaming against EB.
4. Both MAG and TC are trash and would have lost iff they didnt nutcup each other.
5. EB regardless of numbers has better Wvwers on it then either MAG or TC.
This match was ruined from the start which is a shame becuase it would have been a great battle
6. TC when it moves up next week will get crushed by whoever they play.
7. MAG next week will try to team up with again another server becuase they are not capiable of winning by themselves.
8. EB next week will move down a tier becuase we got 2v1 and crush whoever we face which will lead to another 2v1
9. 2 v 1 ’s and night capping will end this game. Check the logs this week already had a 20% reduction in players This trend will continue. If these are not fixed all the real pvp (not pvx who are really pve guilds) will hang until nov when df2 comes out and this will be left to the wow pvpers who really have no idea what pvp really is/.
10. The biggest shame of all is TC outmans both servers and has a bigger night early morning EST group then both. but yet they still needed a 2v1 …

Lastly regardless of this i had a fun week 2v1 and my group embarressed MAg and TC all week while outnumbered upwards of 10 to 1. thanks for the 5k kills and 2k badges..

(edited by Spongehunter.1743)

in WvW

gloombot.3519

4. Both MAG and TC are trash and would have lost iff they didnt nutcup each other.
This match was ruined from the start which is a shame becuase it would have been a great battle
6. TC when it moves up next week will get crushed by whoever they play.
7. MAG next week will try to team up with again another server becuase they are not capiable of winning by themselves.
8. EB next week will move down a tier becuase we got 2v1 and crush whoever we face which will lead to another 2v1
9. 2 v 1 ’s and night capping will end this game. Check the logs this week already had a 20% reduction in players This trend will continue. If these are not fixed all the real pvp (not pvx who are really pve guilds) will hang until nov when df2 comes out and this will be left to the wow pvpers who really have no idea what pvp really is/.
10. The biggest shame of all is TC outmans both servers and has a bigger night early morning EST group then both. but yet they still needed a 2v1 …

Lastly regardless of this i had a fun week 2v1 and my group embarressed MAg and TC all week while outnumbered upwards of 10 to 1. thanks for the 5k kills and 2k badges..

LOL. I don’t see any facts listed there, at all.
BTW, which group are you? You seem to think you’re completely hot kitten.
I’ve never lost a match against evenly numbered people yet in groups I’ve been in for WvW, so I don’t know where this utter domination in skills you seem to think you have is coming from. You must be wiping our bots all day and /flexing

In 15 years of MMO gaming I think the EBAY conspirators might just be the whiniest bunch of PVPers I’ve ever witnessed. It’s sad really, because you guys can field some good fights sometimes (since we are more evenly matched numbers wise than TC, which just zergs us)

in WvW

Posted by: Zoula.5139

Zoula.5139

I think off hour rotations became more important to TC (and possibly to Mag too; I’ve seen them make some fair off hour pushes)because of what happened with DB.

That’s probably really it. DB hammered both of us in the night time hours and there was plenty of discussion about having a larger night presence because of that. I personally, being lazy and indolent, didn’t do anything to recruit off-peak players but I suppose some others may have.

Zoula Frostmane
<Bloodgale Vanguard>
www.vanguardgaming.com

in WvW

whiran.1473

Since they are “facts” you can prove them correct? As such, let’s see your proofs.

I played on Friday and we fought hard against Mag in Eternal. Since there is only one of me I don’t know exactly what happened in the bordlands but since the score was pretty close the implication would be that it was definitely a three way fight.

I’m looking to your proof on this one. How are you going to prove that every player on Mag’s side or even the -majority- of them are “dumb.” And you also get to prove that there was an alliance.

Which battleground? The ones I visited this wasn’t the case at all.

Please prove this. This will be easy – just take every day’s prime time distribution of the map and compare them. Does EB control the majority of the map when all teams are of equal size?

Citation needed.

What logs?

Citation needed.

Screenshot of the kills and badges please.

Which map do you fight on? Which group are you part of?

in WvW

gloombot.3519

Lol spongehunter is the type that is giving Ebay server a bad name. Sad.

spongehunter and associated conspiracy theorists: since you STILL don’t understand, I drew some “pictures” for you to explain.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

Goons, or someone claiming to represent them, already admitted in another thread that this was “play to lose”. Not their exact words or intentions, but rather, the net result of an experiment that backfired on them. They had hoped to use this match to propel Maguuma and Tarnished Coast ahead in ratings at the expense of Ehmry Bay, but instead ended up causing Tarnished Coast to run away with the ball.

Dev posts in the past have said that rating changes are based not just on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, but also on the score. They didn’t spell out the formula, but I imagine the net result of this match is that Tarnished Coast will springboard into a higher rating while Maguuma and Ehmry Bay will both lose some points, probably about the same amount since they are almost tied in score.

Goons are famous for their forum experiments but they miscalculated a bit here, and they accidentally shot their own server in the foot.

(Although with server transfers still being free, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Goons simply move to Tarnished Coast by Friday. After all, their experiment was only a failure if you assume they are trapped on the server they caused to lose rating.)

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

Huh, I was wondering why I noticed Maguuma and Tarnished Coast slamming outposts together. I was also humored that though Maguuma had 5-10 people and Tarnished had 20 or so on a single outpost, Ehmry was able to hold them off for over an hour with a handful of arrow carts.

It was very clear that an alliance was being exercised by just the hour and a half I had to do WvWvW. Maguuma wasn’t touching Tarnished Coast and vice versa, but both sides did their best to flank us as much as possible while avoiding AOEing each other.

It’s a viable strategy to do so, but it is also really underhanded for two servers to ally in attempt to shove another server lower in the rankings.

in WvW

Zynthetic.2954

Not trying to brag or anything, but I just wanted to clarify something.

The guild I’m in transferred to Tarnished Coast on Sunday or Monday (I personally transferred a day late). We transferred from Sea of Sorrows, and are generally active when the Americans are asleep.

Yesterday we led zergs in both Maguuma and Ehmry borderlands, and capped most of them as a result (kitten buggy garrison lords). The previous 3 nights before this we also led the zerg that capped all of the Eternal Battlegrounds.

Hence why Saturday and Sunday where a bit more balanced (since we weren’t there), and why everyone’s woken up to full green maps lately.

For a small guild, seems our presence seems to have made a difference, albeit more then I’d personally like. I find doing supply runs more fun then baseraping with trebs.

(edited by Zynthetic.2954)

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Goons, or someone claiming to represent them, already admitted in another thread that this was “play to lose”. Not their exact words or intentions, but rather, the net result of an experiment that backfired on them. They had hoped to use this match to propel Maguuma and Tarnished Coast ahead in ratings at the expense of Ehmry Bay, but instead ended up causing Tarnished Coast to run away with the ball.

Dev posts in the past have said that rating changes are based not just on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, but also on the score. They didn’t spell out the formula, but I imagine the net result of this match is that Tarnished Coast will springboard into a higher rating while Maguuma and Ehmry Bay will both lose some points, probably about the same amount since they are almost tied in score.

Goons are famous for their forum experiments but they miscalculated a bit here, and they accidentally shot their own server in the foot.

(Although with server transfers still being free, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Goons simply move to Tarnished Coast by Friday. After all, their experiment was only a failure if you assume they are trapped on the server they caused to lose rating.)

So Goons were playing to lose, but now that the loss is assured, they’ve shot themselves in the foot? Explain this foul trickery. Sounds like mission accomplished to me.

(edited by Rhyis.7058)

in WvW

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

I’m from Maguuma. There was never a TC/Maguuma alliance. If we happened to be attacking the same thing, it was a coincidence. In the Maguuma Borderlands, we’ve been fighting tooth and nail with TC. We only really bother with EBay if they take our stuff, or if they’re in the way.

To reiterate: THERE WAS NEVER AN ALLIANCE BETWEEN TARNISHED COAST AND MAGUUMA.

Maguuma isn’t a server of dumb players and TC isn’t a server of evil genius tricksters. Both servers (and Ehmry) are totally fine, with good and bad players. This thread was created by those bad players to mess with people. Don’t feed the trolls.

OP, this thread has gone way too far. You haven’t just messed with peoples’ heads, you’ve damaged the reputation of two entire servers. Thanks a lot.

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: VisceralMonkey.6128

VisceralMonkey.6128

There is no formal “alliance”. Ebay was just easy to shove down in the ranking, the real fight here is and was between TC and Maguuma. When ebay shows up we both just sigh, disperse them and get back to fighting. TC deserves a move up, Maguuma needs to say where they are and ebay needs a boot back down to the minors for a while, they got stomped.

in WvW

Zynthetic.2954

To be honest I think the only reputation that’s been damaged is Ehmry’s, since they are the only one that think there is still an alliance.

The scoreboard says different, the map says different, even random players from TC and Mag say different.

There is no alliance. Everyone is indiscriminately targeting everyone else regardless of server.

The SS shows this. TC owns half of Mag’s borderlands. As for Eternal, TC has Quinten Lake, while defending our holdings at Anza and Mendons. And if you can’t take Mendons back…… Good game.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Floxxxy from The Shadow Legion here! I saw the alliance posts at the start and laughed. Them Mag’ GOONies and we have been slugging it out for a long time. When EBay came into this mix, we barely blinked as they approached. We fought them GOON whenever we had the chance, granted fighting for hours at Greenbriar in EBay’s borderlands and in the ruins got boring after awhile.

Still! Mag and TC have a history and during peak times, we still give each other bloody noses whenever possible.

I stepped into the Eternal Battlegrounds tonight and watched as all three servers repeatedly butchered themselves in Stonemist for over an hour, the blood! It was glorious.

Anyway, I hope TC doesn’t get separated from Mag for long, I enjoy having a constant rival to go up against. I just wish they didn’t seemingly give up as soon as they did, it felt like we soon had much more numbers and MAG was simply demoralized or not coming in during peak times like they were.

I look forward to future battles with all those around!