Most annoying class to deal with in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

I say thieves and I play a thief….mesmer and guardian come in close second

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Just thiefses .

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Erebus Delirium.4892

Erebus Delirium.4892

Thieves are by far the most annoying class. When they are completely outplayed, they can still get away, reset the battle, and come at you again. They can stealth cycle until they kill you or realize they have to run. There is absolutely no killing a competent thief.

A few Thieves can successfully hassle a group of players twice their numbers.

A Mesmer will be quickly decimated by two players. There is no comparison.

-Tarnished Coast since the beginning

in WvW

Posted by: Lawbringer.1956

Lawbringer.1956

Depends on situation, dont care about the OP thieves during keep sieges which is 90% of WvW, elementalist kitten aoe spam takes the skill of a monkey and can end up killing half your zerg if its well placed

in WvW

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

Thief

Even in full defensive armor their burst is still insane especially since it’s virtually risk free since any competent thief will generally be able to escape unless your current build happens to have the right tools to actually stop them.

The fault here doesn’t lie entirely with thief though as much as the lack of ways to mitigate critical hits on your armor. Toughness and Vitality isn’t nearly as effective in reducing your damage as Power, Precision, and Crit Damage is at increasing it.

The only decent counters to a glass cannon thief is either to grab enough survivability to survive their initial onslaught then burst them before they burst you or go glass cannon yourself and burst them before they burst you.

…assuming they don’t just run away first.

in WvW

Posted by: Ashes.6418

Ashes.6418

Probably Guardian or Necromancer. Necro has effectively two HP bars, makes them annoying to kill. Guardians can do some pretty awesome heals, makes them annoying to kill.

Thieves and Mesmers? Nah. Any Thief that has enough burst to scratch my Engineer has no HP or Defense, and dies in two seconds to my conditions. Same goes for mesmers, soon as I get a bead on the player, drop dead.

Get Vitality. Get Conditions. Melt face.

in WvW

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

Let me sum up the complains so far.

Thieves are annoying because they run AWAY.

You know what’s more annoying? Logging out before dying, and every class can do it.

in WvW

Posted by: Scribbles.7493

Scribbles.7493

Thieves.

Insane damage, invisibility and a million get out of jail free cards.

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

When plaid well… Mesmer

Imo all the thief QQ will disappear if the rendering is fixed. Even without it being fixed I would still rather fight a good thief vs a good mesmer.

Then again I stay aware of my surroundings and have good reaction times… so I don’t have issues with avoiding that large initial burst damage which most people seem to have issues with. Good condition thieves give me a much harder time than those noobs.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: shagworth.5017

shagworth.5017

Webley.1295:

Yes I play a thief, and Ive killed 3000 people in WvW, a large part of them thiefs. And I didnt use stealth in my build. (Withdraw and RoI)

I have not noticed a rendering issue when killing thiefs that use stealth so must be something your end

Ive only died once from a thief in under two seconds: He used a back stab combo on me but was still able to get him to 5% health in 2 moves before i dropped in about a second flat as i saw him first and took the first move

Looked on youtube… No videos of this rendering issue either and no posts by dev acknowledging it. And lets be fair to Anet…. They acknowledge the issues players have raised pretty well

This post made me lol..it’s like he works for Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Hard to choose between Mesmer and Thief.

Thieves pop out of nowhere and kill you before they even become visible, while at the same time being incredibly hard to actually catch. If a Thief wants to escape and he is half decent, he will escape. Blinks, speedboosts, stealth.
At the same time, its also kitten near impossible to escape from a Thief.

And then there is the Memser. Even harder to catch then a Thief with the gazilion illusions, blinks and invisibilities. They can also go quite high-damage builds without losing in their hard to kill department.
And Teleport is just gamebreaking. It can induce the rendering bug to make a whole zerg invisible. And it can also bypass defenses, especially in SM castle its incredibly easy for a Mesmer to hide because its so big and a Mesmer is impossible to catch.
SM is typically under attack rather fast, so then the Mesmer can Teleport his whole zerg passed the walls. Only takes 2 hiding around to get their whole server into the Lords room in under 30seconds, bypassing ALL defenses and the concept of siege warfare.

And with rampant cheating going on in WvW, a single mesmer can use cheats to get inside a keep and use Teleport to get their whole server in to claim it. They probably dont even know that Mesmer cheated, or care.

Both of these professions also take copious advantage of the rendering bug after stealth, extending their invisibilities by a good 2seconds at times. And stealth imo is an aweful mechanic.

in WvW

Posted by: SPARTdAN.2091

SPARTdAN.2091

I am a thief and I would say thief is the most annoying to fight because of this rendering issue. I feel bad when I kill people in WvW or they see me and run because I just know it’s an unfair fight, not because of the class but because of the really bad lag in this game which I hope can get fixed or people will give up.

I go pistol/dagger so I’m in/out of stealth constantly and I can just picture the other player getting kitten off with my characters rendering, lol.

in WvW

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

My only 80 is an elementalist. I know, there aren’t many in WvW because of low survivability, but I like ae. There are often times when a thief frustrates me with the pull, or a mesmer can’t be found or hit, but the class that is annoying for me is actually another elementalist. Trying to race another ele to get off a round of spells first can be a flirt with death over and again. Seeing their #s hit higher than mine also hurts deeply.

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

All these people are complaining about thieves only because ANET’s broken game. Its not that we have Invis. Its that we are not rending after the invis.

That is not our fault. So……. yeahhhhhhhhhh lol

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

Im sorry but i laugh at everyone who says thief’s. I play my ranger and have really no problem killing a glass cannon thief’s in secs. Most of the time they try to backstab me and after they hit i evade/stun/kill them.

For me its a Guardian or nerco who know how to stay alive.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

in WvW

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Im sorry but i laugh at everyone who says thief’s. I play my ranger and have really no problem killing a glass cannon thief’s in secs. Most of the time they try to backstab me and after they hit i evade/stun/kill them.

exactly this!!
as I said in the other topic, everyone cry and ask for a nerf of his counter build.
there’s plenty of builds that can counter my glass cannon thief and plenty of builds I can easily counter and kill.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in WvW

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

The burst thieves that everyone is complaining about tend to run around alone looking for enemies running around alone. Simple solution for you, stop running around by yourself and and use some teamwork. WvWvW is meant to be a team endeavor if your getting bursted by thieves its because your running solo.

in WvW

Posted by: Lappdancer.4857

Lappdancer.4857

Don’t Warriors have an AoE with Immobilise on Longbow?
Bull Rush to charge and knockdown?
Shield slot 4 to charge and stun?
Hammer burst skill?

Infiltrator Arrow allows the thief to shadow step away but he’s still immobilised at the other end.

AoE with immobilize? No. They have an immobilize ability that last 3s on a 25s cooldown. Completely ineffective against infiltrator arrow.

Longbow has two AoE abilities (#3 and burst) but both have very slow travel times and a half way decent player should be able to avoid them pretty easy. (Not to say I haven’t hit a thief with them a few times…but I have to get pretty lucky).

Bulls charge, hammer burst are 600 range. Shield stun is 300. None of them are able to catch up to a single infiltrator arrow.

in WvW

Posted by: Balidore.2790

Balidore.2790

Thieves.
Why? Because my first char was my lvl 80 thief, and I promise you. It takes absolutely no skill at all, once so ever to kill 90% of people with a Thief. Literally… I kid you not, simply stealth, backstab, and spam the 2 button till you get carpo tunnel. 90% of poeple will die. Doesn’t matter if they’re snare, have defenses…. Whatever they wanna do, it makes no difference. First hit’s was free, heartseeker cant be snared, and doesnt have a cooldown to slow. No brain killing, it’s why I rerolled.
Effective pvp classes r fine… but not ones that take no skill.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

I love all these x-thieves that stopped playing the class because they were kicking way too much tail and come to the boards to cry nerf. I’m sure that’s exactly how it went down.

in WvW

Balidore.2790

I love all these x-thieves that stopped playing the class because they were kicking way too much tail and come to the boards to cry nerf. I’m sure that’s exactly how it went down.

Yep. It’s that sad and easy to play. It’s truly boring easy.

Attachments:

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

tbh I get bored by 90%+ kill rate even on my mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

Thieves are only annoying when you DON’T detect them. Once detected, any class should be able to hold one off with utility skills. That said, some utility skills show always be spec-ed for survival such as blocking, teleporting/jumping out, etc.

That said, I think a good mesmer is much more troublesome than a good thief. Me (level 80 staff ele) and and 2 other allies (ranger, guardian) fought this one mesmer in Wv3 and it took us a good 2 minutes to take him down. He was the toughest mesmer I ever fought, and he used both short-range and long-range abilities to great use.

Right now, I am leveling a mesmer and at level 26, I can assure you that my mesmer causes more chaos in Wv3 than my ele, and I can easily challenge level 80s and troll all day with clones. It’s a real fun class to play in Wv3, indeed.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

in WvW

Balidore.2790

That’s because people don’t know how to fight Mesmers. With Thieves, there’s no defense for most classes at all.

101 on how to kill a Mesmer: The clones only use auto attack, also, they only either stand still, or move towards the target. Clones can’t dodge, they can’t weapon swap, can’t even pretend they’re using a different ability. In other words… Attack the one that’s not auto attacking., Clones can also be ignored, they do about 3-4 dmg a hit, lol. Also…. when ya down em, they’re gonna make a clone, but when they do, it’ll teleport their char towards u, so they won’t go far. All ya need to watch for, is they’ll vanish, then one will pop, then a second after, another will pop, kill the second one, that’s the mesmer.

There ya go. Now every class here is able to kill a Mesmer, as long as they’re paying attention

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

exactly this!!
as I said in the other topic, everyone cry and ask for a nerf of his counter build.
there’s plenty of builds that can counter my glass cannon thief and plenty of builds I can easily counter and kill.

>[Rage]
>SBI
>Thief
>Glass cannon

ffff do you have a female human thief with short black hair (style #3 in this image, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Human_female_hair_styles.png)
because if so I hate finding you

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

(edited by fractalKinesis.8569)

in WvW

Posted by: Salamol.7963

Salamol.7963

Thief. Probably 10 characters.

Follow me: @Salamolign
Mist Angels [Mist] – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Lianna.6980

Lianna.6980

Thief – insane amount of damage in too short time. Tanky or no tanky, you are gone, if he has CDs ready.

I love the quote about “so wut, grab a squad to kill Thief”.

in WvW

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Rangers and Eles.

…….hey I spend very little time on the front lines and a fair amount of time on the wall, Barrage and other AoEs are annoying.

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

Theives. The delay in rendering makes them absurdly overpowered. It takes more time to draw them than it takes for them to restealth. As it is they are the hardest class in the game bar none to actually kill, while simultaneously killing people within just a couple seconds.

Mesmer’s are annoying too, but at least you can kill them if they screw up and you catch them.

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

A thread designed to bring out the ego boosting trolls…

~"I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. "

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

in WvW

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

I’ll start right out saying I’m being an ars here so, when you create a new character it pushes the old ones to the right? I really don’t know cause I just have one char. To me it looks like you re-rolled to Thief, not the other way around :P

in WvW

Posted by: Air.6452

Air.6452

I feel like a lot of people here forget that there is an evade option. A thief, at most, can only stay stealthed for 5seconds on any given attack, with the exception of Dark Refuge, which allows up to 13seconds in 1 aoe area.

That being noted, if you see a thief go invisible, you should probably just roll away in an opposite direct and try to face towards them. Backstab don’t work in front.

I will say, I play as a thief and I spend a lot time abusing stealth and backstab, but there are MANY players that know how to handle that situation that don’t post here I am sure. As a thief, I gotta say that mesmers are by far the most annoying, 3 illusions at any given time and the ability to stun, explode, and confuse them on you… Ughhh. Couple that with invisibility, porting, haste, null fields, boon pulling… What a bloody nightmare.

Chody – Leader of We Came To Dance GW2
Crystal Desert
We Came To Dance [WCTD]

in WvW

Posted by: Kazak.8459

Kazak.8459

Annoying = Mesmer
Hard to catch/kill = Theif

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

LoL ^^^^ now thats funny

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Balidore.2790

No Stiv…. The most recent played gets pushed to the left. I haven’t logged my thief in about a month.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Rehk.6574

Rehk.6574

People who don’t play thieves say they are OP.

People who play thieves realize they do exactly what they are advertised to do, and have legitimate counters.

I play a thief, and for those crying you can be killed in one shot….Ya. its possible. If you are glass cannon spec and so is the thief. Then he can one shot you ONCE every 45 seconds to a minute if your completely unaware he is there, and then he is completely useless until he can do it again.

This game has NO long term stealth. The MAXIMUM stealth duration is around 12 seconds with Shadow Refuge, and is in an area he can’t leave without unstealthing.

Keep your eyes open and pay attention. This isn’t WoW where Rogues have perma stealth. No one should be sneaking up on you completely undetected unless you just ARE NOT paying attention.

Thieves successfully fill their niche role of being squishy assassins with high burst damage and relying on dodging, acrobatics, and stealth to survive. The key to countering a thief is: Attention, crowd control, defense, and sustainability. Bring those to the table and you will defeat a thief. Don’t and you die.

You should know that we CAN be hit while in stealth. And right now, there are TONS of bugs that totally give away a thieves position, (pets, and turrets still go for, and hit us all the time in stealth)

If you can’t deal with a thief….try playing one. I ASSURE you. You will learn their weaknesses first hand.

As to what I find is the most annoying in PvP. People who know about their turrets and pets being able to key in on where I am while stealthed, know how to kite, and run speed + cc or sustain builds.

(edited by Rehk.6574)

in WvW

Posted by: Scyndek.5273

Scyndek.5273

I’ll start right out saying I’m being an ars here so, when you create a new character it pushes the old ones to the right? I really don’t know cause I just have one char. To me it looks like you re-rolled to Thief, not the other way around :P

Since you appear to not have a second character I’ll fill you in, the character on the way left is the one last played.

Elementalist – Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

Thief = Can kill you while stealthed if you time it right with render lag

I think real culprit here is just that, stealth doesn’t break on anything

in WvW

Posted by: Rehk.6574

Rehk.6574

It doesnt need to break on anything when most stealth skills last 3-4 seconds tops and you can still be hit while in stealth.

If you made stealth break on Damage, you’d see the thief class numbers DROP to next to nothing, they would not be playable without stealth. It is the PRIMARY form of defense. Take that away and we might as well role warriors.

Do you REALLY want this game devolving into something where everyone is a carbon copy of everyone else?

in WvW

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Thieves, they get perma stealth due to this last patch along with their simply ridiculous dmg.

Second would be mesmers, all their builds destroy. From their clones climbing walls and killing siege (and taking 3/4 my HPs off in one hit with 2k toughness), to infinite number of players ports, and last but not least: being able to pull me over walls that I would have to jump over to get down from and in some cases dragging me right through solid objects.

(edited by fixit.7189)

in WvW

Posted by: Air.6452

Air.6452

Thieves, they get perma stealth due to this last patch.

Second would be mesmers, all their builds destroy. From their clones climbing walls and killing siege (and taking 3/4 my HPs off in one hit with 2k toughness), to infinite number of players ports, and last but not least: being able to pull me over walls and in some case right through solid objects.

I can definitely see how thieves are worse.

Chody – Leader of We Came To Dance GW2
Crystal Desert
We Came To Dance [WCTD]

in WvW

Posted by: Lappdancer.4857

Lappdancer.4857

It doesnt need to break on anything when most stealth skills last 3-4 seconds tops and you can still be hit while in stealth.

If you made stealth break on Damage, you’d see the thief class numbers DROP to next to nothing, they would not be playable without stealth. It is the PRIMARY form of defense. Take that away and we might as well role warriors.

Do you REALLY want this game devolving into something where everyone is a carbon copy of everyone else?

Wow…you really ran with that one.

Damage breaks stealth => stealth doesn’t exist => thieves are the same as warriors.

in WvW

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

I can definitely see how thieves are worse.

Forgot to mention that mesmer porting zergs also = perma invisible armies thanks to last patch as well which is infinitely worse than getting insto killed by a thief pressing three buttons. You get whacked by a thief, no biggie…just respond. Well used Mesmer ports on the other hand takes objectives and wins WvWvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

As a Thief, the Thief is the least annoying. More than likely he is a burst spec. I’ve walked around autoattacking into a burst spec thief, watching my autoattack #1 to get hits and downed an L80 burst spec Thief. It’s hilarious.

Then again, I pan my camera, pay attention to my flank and rear, and everyone on voice comms are talking about what’s going on. So it’s easier to avoid Thieves because we’re coordinated.

So, annoying profession, based on profession alone?

Guardians are the most annoying. They twirl around and chain some damaging AOEs together doing good damage. They apply a shield to themselves and their teammates so my Cloak and Dagger gets blocked and I’m out of initiative and out of stealth. They have knockdowns, knockbacks, and immobilizes all on quick casts and/or instant, and have elite skills which seem to fully heal them, or otherwise tank tons of damage.

Seems Guardians are best at countering Thieves and many do it very well. As a Thief, fellow Thieves are free kills, and I love seeing them in the fight because knowing their weakness makes them easy to deal with.

Engineers are also very annoying as a Thief. But only a few good Engineer players encountered so far, so I won’t list them just yet.

I’ve run into good players of every class at some point; the good ones know how to deal with stealth. They all have given good fights at one time or another, so eh, annoying is always going to be the class you have the most trouble with. Seems like everyone is bad at killing Thieves except other Thieves…

in WvW

Posted by: Navaris.5087

Navaris.5087

Surprised nobody mentioned rangers and the kitten root snare.

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

Anyone who is geared at lvl 80.
Because I’m only a 40.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

My group ran into a group of thieves from Yaks Bend last night in Sanctum of Rall Borderlands. Our group had two thieves, a warrior, ranger and guardian, their group had four thieves and a necro. It was the most epic fight I have experienced in the game so far. Yes they were constantly in and out of stealth, using backstabs and rotating their Dagger Storm like pro’s but we still beat them in the end, with three dead and two escaping. They are challenging, but it is not overpowered or impossible with smart play. They are good at taking down other glass cannons, but put them against a group with immobilise, AoE and condition damage and they will run like kittens. If they Dagger Storm, just move away and they run out of steam, then use knockback/knockdowns, stuns, immobilise, daze, blind, etc etc every class has a few tools to deal with them.

in WvW

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

Wow…you really ran with that one.

Damage breaks stealth => stealth doesn’t exist => thieves are the same as warriors.

Wow, all i said was stealth doesn’t break on anything and they can have perma stealth in WvW due to rendering issue on top of how stealth currently works. If you don’t think perma stealth is not broken in PvP, I’m not sure what to say

Did I say they it should break on damage? No

C’mon guys let’s at least pretend like you’re not playing thief who abuse this mechanic

in WvW

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Thieves.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/28K-in-two-seconds/first#post399380
And no, its not about everyone playing glass cannons, people generally don’t have 40k worth of HP to play with, and even with maxed out toughness/vit there is no way I can make that 38k mentioned into less than 15k. (I’m squishy and can’t help it.)
I mean, instakills are kinda boring.

Oh, I made a thief too, for obvious reasons. I’m level 15 and have only ever used mainhand dagger 1 & 2 to take down opponents. Well, my doctor says I should stop banging my head on the keyboard, but thats just the most efficient way to play thief tbh.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

(edited by Fred Fargone.3127)

in WvW

Posted by: Nycthemeron.7690

Nycthemeron.7690

Everyone griping about Mesmers… go roll one up and try it for a while.

Heh.