Most annoying class to deal with in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

Thieves, I’m a Mesmer and can at times beat them, but they run away or call friends when they start losing

Mesmers are easy to take out because I only need to look for the Mesmer image that moves like a real player — and AoE all his/her images. A lot of Mesmers do not move tactically, there for making their images quite useless.

in WvW

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Thief, because fighting enemies that can turn invisible whenever they want is not fun.

This could be the heart of the issue here. Stealth isn’t unbalanced, but it isn’t much fun to counter due to the low combat feedback it provides.

Players experience a similar issue in FPS wherein no matter how well-balanced snipers are they’re still straight-up less fun to fight just due to the low-feedback nature of combat with them. Nobody likes being killed without knowing exactly how. FPS developers implemented the “kill cam” to combat this, giving a player immediate feedback on who killed them. Perhaps a similar system is in order for GW2.

I don’t really have any problems in that way.

I simply play a Guardian, all support traited and with vitality & toughness gear. Thiefs can’t kill me, and I can’t kill them.

It’s just that, fighting something that can just turn invisible, and just… disappear, is not fun. It’s not fun fighting 1vs1 against an enemy and suddenly, gone…

I don’t even know if they alt+F4 the game, logged out, rendered away or stealthed.

I have never liked fighting enemies that can just disappear whenever they feel like, and you can’t even prevent them from doing it if you don’t try to stun lock them which doesn’t work, and damage doesn’t break stealth either.

in WvW

Posted by: Awesomesauce.9528

Awesomesauce.9528

Since I play a d/d ele, most thieves just ignore me. The thieves that do try to burst me down from stealth realize they only crit for 2-3k on their opening hit, then stealth and run away, which can be pretty annoying. I spent 10 minutes one time chasing a thief all around a BL. He kept escaping and stealthing and teleporting (or whatever that skill is) and I just couldn’t catch him. That sucked.

But honestly, I find mesmers hardest to deal with. I’m just not used to them. If a mesmer gets the drop of me, I’m basically screwed. I need to learn how to play against them.

Famous last words
“You put WHAT in my drink?” – Socrates
“There’s only like eight of them over that hill.” – Custer

in WvW

Posted by: Sokina.8041

Sokina.8041

Thief, because literally every single one I fight in WvW runs the same generic build. Not saying all thieves are alike, but I only fight D/D thieves, and they never even change their weapons. They probably have another set of daggers anyway.

This isn’t a “Omg imbalanced” post. This is a “Wow. Another D/D thief. How boring” post. Thief just bores me as an opponent. “Gonna go all stealthy, and then basilisk backstab….nobody will ever see that coming. And I can probably just spam heartseeker until she gets downed, then promptly stealth stomp… If my first burst doesn’t down her…I’ll run away and try the exact same tactics in 45 seconds…Solid plan.”

My favorite is when I block basilisk venom and they promptly run away. Even when I’m totally ignoring them because I play very defensively and I don’t afraid of anything.

Or they could do a more mindless approach and open with a backstab, follow me around with Daggerstorm, and then tactlessly strafe around trying to 1111111 me if I’m not dead yet.

Disclaimer: Your thieves might be different. I’m not saying every thief plays the same way, just literally every single thief I fight in WvW plays this way. (Well, at least 95% that is. Occasionally there’s one thief that tries to do P/P, and it’s fairly sad because P/P gets no love.)

After thief, it’s Guardian. Mainly because Greatsword, shouts, blah blah blah. That same song and dance.

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

The players who spec’d in the ALT+F4 skill…. they are very hard to kill and annoying.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

in WvW

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

Thieves just because it isn’t fun to fight them, it is just annoying and frustrating. I don’t have the hardest time against them because I run a tankier build. But I hate spending half the fight not being able to hit them because my one AOE is on CD and I didn’t kill them or half the time even hit them because I have to play whack-a-mole with an invisible mole; or wondering if they stealthed to run or to attack. It just makes for an annoying fight that doesn’t end up feeling fun, just frustrating.

And after that, if you get the upper hand they just stealth and leave, and given their mobility and the head start of running in stealth, they almost always get away if they are good. So all that annoyance, and still no kill even if you were going to win the fight.

Although d/d elementalists can leave they are still fun to fight because you can easily see and react to their attacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Thevoidiscold.4910

Thevoidiscold.4910

Thief’s and mesmers. Because they are kittens.

Ariel Ostrovsky
Blackgate/Guardian
Ayy Lmao

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Thief and mesmer.

Invisibility (and rendering issues), and clones are really annoying…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

In a siege, Eles and Necros.

In the open field, Thieves. But that’s kinda their job.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: Astry.9476

Astry.9476

Thieves. Not because I really get killed by them – I just find it completely absurd that any class can completely remove themselves from combat as often as they want.

That, and it’s silly that they can open up with the amount of damage they do. That’s just my opinion of course. But it might just be my distaste for the class in general as I’ve always despised thieve/rogue type of classes in any game lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Abigor.4952

Abigor.4952

Thieves, I won’t complain that they op and all that(for now(or will – 7k damage from steal kitten ),but like people said before, it’s just not interesting to fight them, they either spam 12121212/stealth, or you run around 5 min trying to find them, dealing 1-2 hits and running around again. With warrior or ranger it’s at least dynamic combat when you utilize dodge different skills, observe enemy to predict and counter his abilities, getting beaten in the face what calling his mom fat etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I think everyone knows there are issues with thieves, except thieves, who live in denial.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

Def has to be the Thief and Mez even more so when they are teamed up and over 60% of GW2 plays those classes now they are becoming the only 2 classes you get to see or not see lol in WvW these days

This! Every second enemy is a thief, every 4th a mesmer.
I rerolled a mesmer too because engineer is nearly unplayable atm due the ridicoulus amount of projectile reflection which comes from ….right thiefs roflstorm and mesmers in generell.

Memser is so easy, i play him with a steering wheel, while my engineer …. naahh it makes me to sad to talk about.

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

Rangers! Wait wha…?

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: Shrack.8013

Shrack.8013

Def has to be the Thief and Mez even more so when they are teamed up and over 60% of GW2 plays those classes now they are becoming the only 2 classes you get to see or not see lol in WvW these days

I rerolled a mesmer too because engineer is nearly unplayable atm due the ridicoulus amount of projectile reflection which comes from ….right thiefs roflstorm and mesmers in generell.

Memser is so easy, i play him with a steering wheel, while my engineer …. naahh it makes me to sad to talk about.

Well, according to the Anet September 15th statistics, the most played classes (in order) are:

1.) Warrior
2.) Ranger
3.) Elementalist
4.) Thief and Guardian
6.) Necromancer
7.) Engineer
8.) Mesmer

I’m going to make a guess and say it hasn’t changed THAT drastically in 3 months. Though thieves/mesmers have probably seen a bit of an increase. http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/guild-wars-2-gender-profession-race-and-craft-statistics-released-15061

What really scares me is a well played ranger because most of them are incredibly bad at the game. You walk up to rangers pretty much expecting free kills only to finally find someone who actually knows how to dodge roll and kite. Then you’re doing the ‘o’ face because this ONE ranger out of hundreds is actually at least a decent player. He is not just a keyboard turning backpedaling free loot bag like all of the others. He is the highlander. There can be only one.

edit: what I do find funny is this: if Anet completely just flat out removed Cloak and Dagger from the game, people would still cry about the class. Sure, culling is a monumental issue that needs to be fixed. But if and when culling is fixed, people will continue to complain about stealth and thieves ability to burst in general. People don’t seem to understand that thieves offer barely any viable group utility. Their utility is their fast ability to down players and mobility (allowing them to actually run glass cannon if played properly whereas most other classes cannot). That’s it. They have shadow refuge, blind spam if specced for it, and traited Steal group buffs for their true group utility

I really think people only mainly complain about thieves right now because it is a rather easy class to jump on and start killing bad players. Single target damage is the easiest thing to notice. People don’t seem to realize or care that Guardians can pump out group stability, full group heals, aoe pullins, and still manage to pump out 2000-7500 aoe damage bombs near constantly. They don’t notice the mesmer who puts multiple stacks of confusion on a gigantic glob of players for the duration of a fight. They don’t seem to care that an engineer just invulnerability dunked them and half of their team causing the whole enemy zerg to rally, effectively winning the fight. All they see is the one thief that burst them down in their combat log because they never have their camera panned back far enough to notice who is behind them.

Thieves will continue doing incredibly high damage until glass cannon is not a viable spec for them. It has nothing to do with backstab, heartseeker, dancing dagger, pistol whip, cluster bomb, etc etc (basically every thief skill has been complained about) but it has everything to do with them being able to go full glass cannon spec/gear and get +40 to 50% damage output from traits alone and still survive due to shadowstep, infiltrators arrow, stealths, etc. And honestly, I’m not really defending the class either. because personally I would like to see it completely overhauled. There are plenty of broken things about it, but it amazes me how people fail to see the obviously broken aspects of other classes. Everyone is so tunnel visioned on this one class that they can’t see the overpowered aspects of other professions in the game, especially in COORDINATED group situations. You know, the part of the game that actually matters.

Shrack – 80 Thief
Formerly GoM, now Dragonbrand – [NEWL]

(edited by Shrack.8013)

in WvW

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

Well, according to the Anet September 15th statistics, the most played classes (in order) are:

1.) Warrior
2.) Ranger
3.) Elementalist
4.) Thief and Guardian
6.) Necromancer
7.) Engineer
8.) Mesmer

I’m going to make a guess and say it hasn’t changed THAT drastically in 3 months. Though thieves/mesmers have probably seen a bit of an increase. http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/guild-wars-2-gender-profession-race-and-craft-statistics-released-15061

What really scares me is a well played ranger because most of them are incredibly bad at the game. You walk up to rangers pretty much expecting free kills only to finally find someone who actually knows how to dodge roll and kite. Then you’re doing the ‘o’ face because this ONE ranger out of hundreds is actually at least a decent player. He is not just a keyboard turning backpedaling free loot bag like all of the others. He is the highlander. There can be only one.

people make charactors and quit or make new ones. Thiefs probably make up more than 30% of players in WvW now.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in WvW

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

1.) Warrior
2.) Ranger
3.) Elementalist
4.) Thief and Guardian
6.) Necromancer
7.) Engineer
8.) Mesmer

Dude, are you a troll or something? ahhh wait, you play thief right?
If i say every second enemy (and ally btw.) is a thief im NOT exaggerating, not a single bit. So why do you respond with such a nonsense like gamestatistics from september?
Are you trying to insult me?

Edit: ok obviously a biased troll and i was right about the thief part as well rofl.

There are plenty of broken things about it, but it amazes me how people fail to see the obviously broken aspects of other classes. Everyone is so tunnel visioned on this one class that they can’t see the overpowered aspects of other professions in the game, especially in COORDINATED group situations. You know, the part of the game that actually matters.

1. This thread asked about which enemy is the most annoying and 99% of players have the same answer, so take it, just get over it.

2. COORDINATED group situations…? srsly? in GW2?

Did you even visit WvW? just once in the last 2 months?

(edited by Kontrolle.3514)

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

lol those stats are probably not WvW because most people are now seeing the damage thieves are doing and building them. I see so many of them in WvW. Good thing is you can kill the underlevelled/undergeared ones but sooner or later they will become killing machines.

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

If you let all the tears that were dropped in this thread roll down a mountain and make use of some kind of hydroelectric generators you can supply a small country of energy.

EDIT: You can still kill a thief. You can’t kill a D/D Ele.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I really think the amount of thieves and mesmers is being over exaggerated here. The above list posted by Shrack mirrors what I see the most, that is a lot of elementalists, warriors, guardians and rangers. After that it’s thieves that I sometimes bump into soloing sentinels and caravans, then necromancers and engineers. But I hardly ever see mesmers from either my server or an invading server. In fact I’ve counted just 8 mesmers in I don’t know how many hundreds of players I’ve encountered this week.

Also, just because a class is deemed to be the strongest at present does not mean everyone is going to flock to that class. Most people will just play what suits their play style or simply what they find to be the most fun. I know I do.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

edit: what I do find funny is this: if Anet completely just flat out removed Cloak and Dagger from the game, people would still cry about the class.

TBH I don’t find them an issue in SPVP any more. They seem pretty balanced and only need small tweaks there. Some of the changes are not in place in WvW. Add in the culling and you have a heap of problems.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

While I have no problem with thieves I cannot fail to see how much of a problem they are for most classes/builds. I don’t understand how this is good or intended design.

(edited by Zid.4196)

in WvW

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

Thiefes. It is not even their dmg it is just the fact that it can take 5 sec for them to render and then they invis again and run. THAT is the annoying point. So in the end you got tons of ppl running glasscanon thiefes running around and if you clash with one he either runs and denies you farm like no other class could ( Mesmer are annyoing but they can stealth/ heal, stealth again and have mulitple blinks( the fact theat they are blinks and not dashes is the annoying thing) is making it pretty much the most unfun class to play against in WvW.

Blub.

in WvW

Posted by: Shrack.8013

Shrack.8013

1.) Warrior
2.) Ranger
3.) Elementalist
4.) Thief and Guardian
6.) Necromancer
7.) Engineer
8.) Mesmer

Dude, are you a troll or something? ahhh wait, you play thief right?
If i say every second enemy (and ally btw.) is a thief im NOT exaggerating, not a single bit. So why do you respond with such a nonsense like gamestatistics from september?
Are you trying to insult me?

Edit: ok obviously a biased troll and i was right about the thief part as well rofl.

There are plenty of broken things about it, but it amazes me how people fail to see the obviously broken aspects of other classes. Everyone is so tunnel visioned on this one class that they can’t see the overpowered aspects of other professions in the game, especially in COORDINATED group situations. You know, the part of the game that actually matters.

1. This thread asked about which enemy is the most annoying and 99% of players have the same answer, so take it, just get over it.

2. COORDINATED group situations…? srsly? in GW2?

Did you even visit WvW? just once in the last 2 months?

Yes, contrary to popular belief, there are people who actually play in coordinated groups in this game instead of running around solo (or solo in a zerg) using 1v1 builds. And you clearly didn’t even read my post, but that’s okay.

And no, your “every other person is a thief” is garbage. Is every other player a thief in every spvp game? No. Is every other play a thief in dungeon runs? No? I didn’t think so. So chances are it’s not in wvw either. Though, I’m glad you managed to figure out that I’m a thief since it is in my signature and I was making a post about the class. Good job. I’m promoting you to detective.

edit: and like I said, I’m not defending the class. Personally I’d be okay with stealth completely being removed from the game as long as another viable mechanic was given in its place. But I don’t see that ever happening.

Shrack – 80 Thief
Formerly GoM, now Dragonbrand – [NEWL]

(edited by Shrack.8013)

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Thiefes. It is not even their dmg it is just the fact that it can take 5 sec for them to render and then they invis again and run. THAT is the annoying point. So in the end you got tons of ppl running glasscanon thiefes running around and if you clash with one he either runs and denies you farm like no other class could ( Mesmer are annyoing but they can stealth/ heal, stealth again and have mulitple blinks( the fact theat they are blinks and not dashes is the annoying thing) is making it pretty much the most unfun class to play against in WvW.

Yes, this class gets enormous benefit from the culling bugs. If that cannot be fixed, stealth needs major changes.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: Avalon.4809

Avalon.4809

Thieves not rendering got my vote… going from 100% to 20% to an invisible foe = broken

Who here knows the mechanics of stealth and thief? Im judging no one above.
The first hit from stealth is pretty much always for free and invisible and usually a backstab or backstab combo.

A fully geared backstab that takes down another glass cannon with no toughness and no orbs and has the HP of a rabbit (or under lvl 80) is perfectly normal.

There are to many glass cannons saying they die to quickly…… thats the issue. Glass cannon is the thiefs favorite prey

I assume you play a thief, and therefor haven’t noticed it.
Spvp and wvw are different. Loading issues in mass pvp, and even when alone if the wvw world is lagging a bit, mean you don’t render after you break your stealth. 4-5s of “loading” invis every time you break your stealth.
Its an issue of visual culling and lag. Again, even with SSD here. There is often a large delay, or as mentioned server side culling.

Yes I play a thief, and Ive killed 3000 people in WvW, a large part of them thiefs. And I didnt use stealth in my build. (Withdraw and RoI)

I have not noticed a rendering issue when killing thiefs that use stealth so must be something your end

Ive only died once from a thief in under two seconds: He used a back stab combo on me but was still able to get him to 5% health in 2 moves before i dropped in about a second flat as i saw him first and took the first move

Looked on youtube… No videos of this rendering issue either and no posts by dev acknowledging it. And lets be fair to Anet…. They acknowledge the issues players have raised pretty well

What do you mean? We all lie?

Most annoying class is thief !
They go stealth, then hit you and go out of stealth, but still u can’t see them because of rendering problem. They get me down until I get what’s going on. Their backstabbing is too OP and needs to get nerfed !

By the way, I don’t get why people are saying mesmers are annoying… I play as an elementalist, mesmer and thief and I often kill them one way or another. Mesmers can’t be a match for thieves. There is a large gap between each of them and thief certainly is the most annoying…

(edited by Avalon.4809)

in WvW

Thobek.1730

Yes I play a thief, and Ive killed 3000 people in WvW, a large part of them thiefs. And I didnt use stealth in my build. (Withdraw and RoI)

I have not noticed a rendering issue when killing thiefs that use stealth so must be something your end

Ive only died once from a thief in under two seconds: He used a back stab combo on me but was still able to get him to 5% health in 2 moves before i dropped in about a second flat as i saw him first and took the first move

Looked on youtube… No videos of this rendering issue either and no posts by dev acknowledging it. And lets be fair to Anet…. They acknowledge the issues players have raised pretty well

What do you mean? We all lie?

Most annoying class is thief !
They go stealth, then hit you and go out of stealth, but still u can’t see them because of rendering problem. They get me down until I get what’s going on. Their backstabbing is too OP and needs to get nerfed !

By the way, I don’t get why people are saying mesmers are annoying… I play as an elementalist, mesmer and thief and I often kill them one way or another. Mesmers can’t be a match for thieves. There is a large gap between each of them and thief certainly is the most annoying…

actually Webley, Anet HAS posted on this an have admitted thieves are an issue due to the culling problem. They continued to say that they are trying to find a solution for the problem. It was a reply to video posted showing how the thief was attacking while stealthed and his opponent couldn’t even select/target him.

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

Whichever class just killed me.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

Was there ever any question? Thieves, for the obvious reasons.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

I think the most annoying part about thieves and DD eles, beyond their broken movement, is that most of them simply won’t give up on pointless 1v1’s in the open. It’s pretty boring playing as a guardian and having 5+ minute battles of the button mashers when you have zero interest in a 1v1, but no way to withdraw from combat…again since their movement advantage is broken in WvW.

I also think back to when GW Factions launched, and assassin shadow steps completely broke movement / positioning in that game. Why anet chose to go down this road again and double down with even more gimmicky game mechanics is quite baffling.

in WvW

Posted by: Nashaan.3160

Nashaan.3160

Most annoying class to deal with in WvW? Any class that is being controlled by someone who knows how to play that class to the best of its ability

in WvW

Posted by: Sajec.5302

Sajec.5302

Its that trash rabbit outside of the supply camp north of the hills in Ferg’s BL. you cant hit him and he does a 1000 hop attack on you!

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

Most annoying class to deal with in WvW? Any class that is being controlled by someone who knows how to play that class to the best of its ability

I’ve never encountered a lone ranger that I was annoyed with or had to run away from. Can’t say the same for some other classes

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Nashaan.3160

Nashaan.3160

EDIT* Except for rangers because even though Anet showcased GW2 with the ranger class, they still managed to turn out like an afterthought

I’ve never encountered a lone ranger that I was annoyed with or had to run away from. Can’t say the same for some other classes

There ya go, I fixed it lol

in WvW

Posted by: brogarn.8723

brogarn.8723

Just got out of WvW… BAM BAM BAM poof BAM BAM BAM poof … Ya, I’m all done with that. Thief needs SERIOUS looking at with stealth. Revealed does absolutely nothing. Should be 10 seconds at least between stealth abilities. I thought this game wasn’t going to have perma stealth rogues. Guess not…

in WvW

Columba.9730

Just got out of WvW… BAM BAM BAM poof BAM BAM BAM poof … Ya, I’m all done with that. Thief needs SERIOUS looking at with stealth. Revealed does absolutely nothing. Should be 10 seconds at least between stealth abilities. I thought this game wasn’t going to have perma stealth rogues. Guess not…

complain to anet. enough complaints and this class will get what it deserves,

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Thobek.1730

enough complaints? are they blind? These forums are full of complaints about thieves. Maybe they are taking their time in trying to find the best way not to over nerf them but limit the amount of burst + mobility + stealth + culling issue.

in WvW

Columba.9730

for some reason, they believe that highest burst dps, perma stealth and highest mobility is balanced, lol. this is hands down the most imbalanced stealth class I’ve ever seen. ridiculously broken.

in WvW

Posted by: TheComet.6471

TheComet.6471

I’m going to go out on a limb here….don’t kill me…

Guardians.

As a Mesmer player every now and then I find one of these that understands how to shut down our everything (thanks to the patch which made phantasms damn near impossible to cast vs players), put up walls we can’t pass, and just generally sustain through even my sustaintastic build.

It’s a scary thing

edit: every 4th player is a mesmer? I’m sorry, but I can’t help but laugh at that. I’ve watched more mesmers jump ship to other classes than I can count over the last 2 months, I highly doubt there’s even that many of us left, and those who try to start a mesmer tend to get thinned out by about level 30 before the tier 2 traits kick in

Kaineng – Co-Leader of Skrittical Hits
Sybol – Healing Bunker Charr Mesmer (80)
Dresdon Honorclaw – Zerk All-Ranged Charr Warrior | Hawke Fullmoon – Melee Ranger

(edited by TheComet.6471)

in WvW

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

Thieves and mesmers, then D/D ele’s

Anyone that says other wise is in denial.

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

enough complaints? are they blind? These forums are full of complaints about thieves. Maybe they are taking their time in trying to find the best way not to over nerf them but limit the amount of burst + mobility + stealth + culling issue.

Yup thread after thread of the same people complaining about the same thing over and over. And in every thread there people who say that the have no problems vs thief and even give you ideas how to beat them.

More on topic. Most annoying class for me to fight in WvW would be a well played necro.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Grimpaw.7493

Grimpaw.7493

If things were working as intended the list should look like:
Mesmers, Thieves, defensive specs of other classes

Mesmers class is designed to be annoying (i.e. slippery, confusing, punishing, etc). Thieves should be annoying because of their mobility, surprise and damage output, but they shouldn’t be as annoying to counter/kill as mesmers.

It seems like thieves should have to choose between mobility, stealth and damage output moreso then currently. 2 outta 3 seems fine, but maximizing all 3 seems like the risk/reward level for the thief is broken.

~ Sleight of Mind ~ mesmer
~ Ann Du Lance ~ guardian
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

My L66 thief is pretty balanced. Problem is she has 14 levels to go.

in WvW

Thobek.1730

Yup thread after thread of the same people complaining about the same thing over and over. And in every thread there people who say that the have no problems vs thief and even give you ideas how to beat them.

yeah I’ve seen those threads, they consist of – L2P your class, build toughness, dodge the opening attacking (even though they are stealthed), Do x when they come out of stealth (you know thieves also can dodge right?)

it laughable they have this way to deal with thieves. Terrible thieves no problem but a good thief will either kill you or escape – unkillable.

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Thief #1. Mesmer #2.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in WvW

Posted by: brogarn.8723

brogarn.8723

What people are missing with the posts on how to beat a thief is the fact that there are so many of them in every class forum on every GW2 board. That, to me, speaks volumes. Let’s say, for example, there were a ton of “how to beat a ranger” threads on every forum. Think about that (and try not to be sad, rangers, this is hypothetical). Wouldn’t you think that maybe there’s something wrong there? Well, it’s Thiefs and there is.

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Thieves and D/D Elementalists

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: IsilZha.3608

IsilZha.3608

There needs to be actual counters to stealth, or a change in the mechanic. As a tanky Guardian I can survive the burst, and use binding blades to counter the stealth, but it’s not really a true counter for it (for one, you have to know that they are there beforehand.)

I’m going to go out on a limb here….don’t kill me…

Guardians.

As a Mesmer player every now and then I find one of these that understands how to shut down our everything (thanks to the patch which made phantasms damn near impossible to cast vs players), put up walls we can’t pass, and just generally sustain through even my sustaintastic build.

It’s a scary thing

edit: every 4th player is a mesmer? I’m sorry, but I can’t help but laugh at that. I’ve watched more mesmers jump ship to other classes than I can count over the last 2 months, I highly doubt there’s even that many of us left, and those who try to start a mesmer tend to get thinned out by about level 30 before the tier 2 traits kick in

Why hello there…

“To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”

in WvW

Posted by: kazi.6438

kazi.6438

I’m going to break with the majority here and say that I think thief should have a small damage/health buff and have a massive nerf to mobility. The reason this class is so frustrating is that no one can catch a thief once they’ve started running. Surviving a thief is easy. Catching them is an entirely different story.

Right now, thieves can run up to anyone, burst, and then run away with ZERO consequences (since no one can catch them). I’m in favor of changes that would increase the chance of them killing their target, but if they make a bad judgement on who to strike, there’s no easy escape.

I play mesmer and engineer, for the record. Engineers need some love, currently every class does what an engineer can, but better. Once my mesmer reaches 80 and gets gear, I’ll decide how OP it is.

Inir [CAT]

in WvW

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

for some reason, they believe that highest burst dps, perma stealth and highest mobility is balanced, lol. this is hands down the most imbalanced stealth class I’ve ever seen. ridiculously broken.

they come out of stealth pretty quick, and if the dozen or so of your teamates can’t react quick enough to burst down the thief when they come out of stealth or, dare I say it…… use AoE skills then I’m inclinded to say your server blows kittens. Thieves arn’t invulnerable during stealth, only untargetable. Use an aoe near you that immobilizes or cripples and dodge, done deal. Not to mention the dozen of traps that immobilize or cripple or the simple Tap+Kb combo that many professions are capable of. Starting to think those who complain about thieves have not invested a single minute into figuring out the numerous counters to us…

As for the post, I have to say mesmers. I never know which is the real one when there are 3 of them sending endless clones at me or teleporting up walls.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”