[NA] Silver League: Predicted Rankings.

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

FA is 400 ranking point above HoD and 200 above YB, so get ready for a huge shock in coverage. Just being 100 ranking point above a server mean they enough coverage to stomp you. Skill that just varies no matter what server you are on, but the higher tiers have more guilds experienced in wvw. The next match-ups will have alot of lopsided matches

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

(edited by Ulion.5476)

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

even sentry guards are no match for a havoc group

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2iji7h0.jpg

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

FA is 400 ranking point above HoD and 200 above YB, so get ready for a huge shock in coverage. Just being 100 ranking point above a server mean they enough coverage to stomp you. Skill that just varies no matter what server you are on, but the higher tiers have more guilds experienced in wvw. The next match-ups will have alot of lopsided matches

Glicko ratings currently mean nothing, since a LOT of people have moved around just before the Season started, and Glicko hasn’t had time to adjust. HoD sounds like it has more coverage than FA at the moment. That said, they’ll probably still lose because it sounds like they’re squishy/uncoordinated (at least according to CD/NSP).

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

YB is very interested in the match up. This will determine where we really will be placed in the league. We have friends on both servers, so, yeah, we expect to be pushed. That and I know for a fact both outman us in pop.

We’ll probably get stomped, but don’t expect us to quit. We’ll enjoy the fights regardless of how paper our stuff is! HoD is the definite wildcard. Will the success of this week allow the regular WvW’ers to be able to get in to fight (who I think took a nice rest this week), or will we be facing AP hunters at first?

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

While EB on HoD is a free-for-all, there are plenty of solid skill groups running on BLs. FA will have to contend with numbers and quite a few guild groups. Keep in mind many of the transfers to HoD were experienced WvW players looking for a new home and not a “get out the PvE” player campaign. FA has the experience which gives them a solid edge, but HoD has a lot of excellent roamers and several solid skill groups.

Also, both CD and NS are not to be underestimated. They can both put together 40+ man zergs at various non NA-Prime hours. A couple hours ago CD wiped a nearly full HoD PuG train on EB with near equal numbers. They cannot sustain that momentum but against more competitive numbers do not be surprised if one breaks out and throws an upset in Silver.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Teknical.9746

Teknical.9746

1-2 FA/HoD
3-7 SBI/YB/IoJ/NSP/CD
8-9 BP/SoR

NSP/ET/SBI/KN/BG/SoR/GH/TC/Mag/CD/IoJ/YB/SoS/FA/DB/HoD/DH
NP : JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Gundail.7594

Gundail.7594

YB is very interested in the match up. This will determine where we really will be placed in the league. We have friends on both servers, so, yeah, we expect to be pushed

Pushed with love maybe <3 Yakkies

Also, both CD and NS are not to be underestimated.

^ This. I’d love to see CD and NSP perform beyond expectations. They still have some really strong guilds and their coverage isn’t awful. HoD might be getting a lot of spotlight but, these servers got some freebie transfers as well and might have a few surprises in them yet.

Gundent
Charr Warguardmeznecrotheifrangergineer
[ETA]-HoD or wherever Mega-server-blob who cares anymore?

in WvW

Posted by: Facet.5914

Facet.5914

Don’t count out YB out for the top 3 we now have a reason to make a massive showing in WVW. I will just point out season 1 predictions put YB at 5-7? yet we got 2nd. Put up a good fight and the results will be earned that’s something all your calculations and number crunching cant predict. Also have all you predicters also considered what effect the upcoming patch will have as well? Too bad it comes in the middle of season 2 but your only counting numbers, rankings, and coverage what if the wvw meta entirely changes? Not trying to talk trash but do not count your chickens until they have hatched.

YB during S1 was a militia server galvinized by just a few pivotal figures. I don’t doubt that they still have an enormous militia force that will turn out for the tourament. But few of the S1 leaders remain. I would predict YB for 2nd place if DK were still playing, but I don’t think anyone else can instill the organization and dedication that is necessary for militia to prevail (ppt-wise) against guilds.

I would love to be proven wrong.

Yaks Bend [SoF] [Me] [One]
Sea of Sorrows [All]

in WvW

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

As we all know matches are decided more by who gets pushed the hardest and population. While FA is the favored in the match up, will the servers that face them decide to hit them the hardest? As we have seen with the first week, it still seems that IoJ and SBI are fighting for second rather than hitting the highest target and focusing on FA. We saw this happen last season to the favored winner and it worked well. Aside from that I think it is way too early to tell how things are going to fall out as far as placement with all of the free transfers and achievement hunters; which will surely skew the match population for the first few weeks.

(edited by Adahilia.3678)

in WvW

Posted by: Zinrae.3769

Zinrae.3769

As much as I like reading all this speculation, I think it has so far missed a very large factor. With the swiss setup this time around, the servers from 2-8 will all be very close the entire league. Therefore, current server strength is not necessarily relevant for determining placement within that range. It will be more dependent on which servers perform the best in the last few weeks, after most of the achievement hunters are gone.

In other words, the servers that can keep improving during leagues, and keep their morale up, have a much better chance. This is obviously bad news for whoever is the second strongest server currently, since they will be stuck facing the strongest server every week and lose morale.

Henge of Denravi [PD]

in WvW

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Don’t count out YB out for the top 3 we now have a reason to make a massive showing in WVW. I will just point out season 1 predictions put YB at 5-7? yet we got 2nd. Put up a good fight and the results will be earned that’s something all your calculations and number crunching cant predict. Also have all you predicters also considered what effect the upcoming patch will have as well? Too bad it comes in the middle of season 2 but your only counting numbers, rankings, and coverage what if the wvw meta entirely changes? Not trying to talk trash but do not count your chickens until they have hatched.

YB during S1 was a militia server galvinized by just a few pivotal figures. I don’t doubt that they still have an enormous militia force that will turn out for the tourament. But few of the S1 leaders remain. I would predict YB for 2nd place if DK were still playing, but I don’t think anyone else can instill the organization and dedication that is necessary for militia to prevail (ppt-wise) against guilds.

YB was queuing 3 maps last night at 1 AM server. DK might not be back yet, but almost everyone else is. Not to mention the addition of new commanders and several new havoc guild xfrs.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

The fight that I would like to see… That wa are not going to get because the Swiss system sucks; is HoD-IoJ-SBI.
HoD has the numbers but those two servers have the experience.
People are talking big about next week’s match but HoD is going to experience it’s worst whupping since Nov 2012’s match with IoJ and SoS (they averaged about +10ppt).

Which will be good because they’ll learn where they will need to improve and maybe pull a surprise by the end of the season.

in WvW

Posted by: Ceres.4569

Ceres.4569

without our celebrity EU commander that left the game recently

Oh no who left?! The only one that springs to mind as “celebrity” is mouse click boom.

I’m NA, but due to a weird schedule I’ve been playing EU/SEA times lately, and [GLOB] has been absolutely rockin’ out non-primetime coverage.

You mean fighting close to 0 people? Those doors must be hard for glob.

No, IoJ and SBI have been putting up really impressive zergs during those times. It’s not GLOB itself, there is a particular commander that is organzing the PvErs and WvW PUGs into a fighting force. The action has been very hot during early morning NA times.

Like I’ve said many time, IoJ and SBI are really brining it arond the clock, and I think any other servers are going to have a wakeup call when they face these guys. Are you on HoD?

Heavens no lol.
Why would I wanna be on that server?
I’m on tc the best server in na
I just like reading forums

lol. Decided to bandwagon after BP’s fall?

in WvW

Adahilia.3678

The fight that I would like to see… That wa are not going to get because the Swiss system sucks; is HoD-IoJ-SBI.
HoD has the numbers but those two servers have the experience.
People are talking big about next week’s match but HoD is going to experience it’s worst whupping since Nov 2012’s match with IoJ and SoS (they averaged about +10ppt).

Which will be good because they’ll learn where they will need to improve and maybe pull a surprise by the end of the season.

I’m also wanting to see how HoD will fair, they got a ton of transfers so will have to wait and see what they pull out in the way of guilds and how their friendlies will hold up to the pressure. The people who transferred from the higher tiers will know what to expect, the ones that have never seen it will have an eye opening experience. Besides I’m sure FA is chomping at the bit to get in a new match up.

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

YB was queuing 3 maps last night at 1 AM server. DK might not be back yet, but almost everyone else is. Not to mention the addition of new commanders and several new havoc guild xfrs.

FA doesn’t even queue all the maps. Going to be a crazy matchup next week if all 3 servers have gold-league-coverage.

in WvW

Ulion.5476

Glicko ratings currently mean nothing, since a LOT of people have moved around just before the Season started, and Glicko hasn’t had time to adjust. HoD sounds like it has more coverage than FA at the moment. That said, they’ll probably still lose because it sounds like they’re squishy/uncoordinated (at least according to CD/NSP).

You are right the rating have not had time to readjust since some guild transfered 2 weeks ago. Still last time Ioj fought HoD they got stomped and FA is doing that to Ioj right now. Number can only take you so far until you encounter something unexpected like a guild wiping a pug zerg. HoD has not fought a t2 quality server in months and the last time the score was 470k to 50k. The score will not be that lopsided but the only time the match-up will be close is during reset.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Adahilia.3678

You are right the rating have not had time to readjust since some guild transfered 2 weeks ago. Still last time Ioj fought HoD they got stomped and FA is doing that to Ioj right now. Number can only take you so far until you encounter something unexpected like a guild wiping a pug zerg. HoD has not fought a t2 quality server in months and the last time the score was 470k to 50k. The score will not be that lopsided but the only time the match-up will be close is during reset.

Not to mention that FA friendlies are used to fighting T2, they are very experienced in fighting, generally run the right builds etc. Short of all of those people having left the server I don’t see HoD pulling it out. No offense to HoD, but they have had a huge influx of people that may or may not have integrated well into the community, and unless those guilds that moved there from the upper tiers have been working kitten training what they came in to, I don’t see it ending well with FA.

in WvW

Adahilia.3678

why is [hard] being sensored?

in WvW

Ulion.5476

Its because people have dirty minds :P.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

I got 3,000g on SoR. DONT LET ME DOWN.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Facet.5914

Facet.5914

I’m definitely rooting for you guys!

Yaks Bend [SoF] [Me] [One]
Sea of Sorrows [All]

in WvW

Banzie.5248

I’m definitely rooting for you guys!

3 maps @ 1 AM PST is scary tbh, and FA should be worried about that. However will you get that during the hard week coming up is debatable. Though YB militia has proven itself before! Just be sure to stomp the silly “HoDorians” and let em know what’s up

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

I’d love to be proven wrong, but I doubt if YB can stomp HOD or FA. We will do our best to be very annoying though. I’d like to see IoJ/SBI/YB. We would probably loose due to coverage, but NA and EU timezones should be fun.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Soon….

Attachments:

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Banzie.5248

Kinda Annoyed we’ll be getting CD and SoR. Hopefully CD isn’t as weak as when we last fought them with the free xfers, been wanting to see how Dead SoR is. Still a boring week though. Would rather face SBI/Fa over and over for fights.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Kinda Annoyed we’ll be getting CD and SoR. Hopefully CD isn’t as weak as when we last fought them with the free xfers, been wanting to see how Dead SoR is. Still a boring week though. Would rather face SBI/Fa over and over for fights.

SoR was DEAD… majorly dead when I last fought them on BP. CD is certainly stronger mainly because they have some decent coverage. Up to IoJ numbers, doubt it but hard to know for sure since they have been getting hammered by big HoD numbers.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Blackjack.2083

Blackjack.2083

Make sure you completely free up bag space before fighting HoD because you will need it! If you can field roughly even numbers, or anything close, than its just a glorious bag farm….like smacking the giant piñata of loot.

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

without our celebrity EU commander that left the game recently

Oh no who left?! The only one that springs to mind as “celebrity” is mouse click boom.

I’m NA, but due to a weird schedule I’ve been playing EU/SEA times lately, and [GLOB] has been absolutely rockin’ out non-primetime coverage.

You mean fighting close to 0 people? Those doors must be hard for glob.

No, IoJ and SBI have been putting up really impressive zergs during those times. It’s not GLOB itself, there is a particular commander that is organzing the PvErs and WvW PUGs into a fighting force. The action has been very hot during early morning NA times.

Like I’ve said many time, IoJ and SBI are really brining it arond the clock, and I think any other servers are going to have a wakeup call when they face these guys. Are you on HoD?

Heavens no lol.
Why would I wanna be on that server?
I’m on tc the best server in na
I just like reading forums

lol. Decided to bandwagon after BP’s fall?

Um I’ve been on tc for months now. Long before Sor came. I did not bandwagon, I left borlis cause none of the guilds were really good or friendly.

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

SO, Who were those people that doubted SBI??

Sure, we aren’t going to win Silver, but 2nd or 3rd is highly possible.

Looks like the week 3 showdown between FA, SBI, and HoD (or YB if the finish 2nd next week) will probably show who will finish 2nd.

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

SO, Who were those people that doubted SBI??

Sure, we aren’t going to win Silver, but 2nd or 3rd is highly possible.

Looks like the week 3 showdown between FA, SBI, and HoD (or YB if the finish 2nd next week) will probably show who will finish 2nd.

It’s WAY too early to even make that claim. Last season, servers that won at the beginning of the League were losing by the end of it. A lot of things change as the League progresses — PvE players stop achievement hunting, guilds move, people get bored of fighting the same server, new MMO’s are coming out, etc. We haven’t even finished the first week yet. The way it looks now, 2nd – 5th is all up for grabs, no matter who places where in week 3.

Second Child

in WvW

Banzie.5248

I hope HoD is ready for Ocx Prime up here..

Vid is from the epic Gunthix and GOG, Best of luck to wherever he is now!

Isle Of Janthir

(edited by Banzie.5248)

in WvW

Posted by: House Calls.7641

House Calls.7641

“Why is HoD wasting golems when they’re up 200k points on a paper keep with no defenders?
Should save them for next week.
Whatevs I guess.”

Kome on HoD regularly(daily) do 10-15 man Omega rushes, i have seen up to 24 in one hit. I know for a fact one of them just off loaded 1000 Omegas on the TP recently.
If you lose camps on your BL its likely Kome making Omegas and WPing bk to spawn. They then chain Mes Portals to any of the keeps. Unless they get spotted in the water in transit its very hard to stop. Run with them many times doing this

Charr Ger (Ranger OCAU)
Infantryman (Warrior OCAU)
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Aseus.6403

Aseus.6403

I for one am really hoping FA and YB bring a good match up, and that a tough match up will cut our queues. More fights for us! Plus being matched with CD and NSP every week is getting to be just a little bit stale.

Syndictive [Syn]

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

I for one am really hoping FA and YB bring a good match up, and that a tough match up will cut our queues. More fights for us! Plus being matched with CD and NSP every week is getting to be just a little bit stale.

Really excited for tonight. It seems like all 3 servers are going to bring it. May be the best fight of the silver league season!

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

I think Fort Aspenwood will win silver.

in WvW

Posted by: UndeadCorp.2198

UndeadCorp.2198

I hope FA wins silver. Rooting for them or YB.

in WvW

Posted by: TinkTinkPOOF.9201

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

HoD has far more people right now than you will see in the coming weeks. Right now the queues are because half or more of the people in WvW are PvEers and once things get harder they are all going to leave and you will see more of the core WvW players come back in because they will not have the same kind of queues, but the player base will be far more skill oriented then also.

Last night was following a commander and we went up to a keep on EB, about 3-4 AC were setup, HALF if not more of the zerg was downed, almost all zerker uplevels. Even though there were 50 people in the zerg, a good 15 man skill group would have wiped us because only a small amount were in TS or showed any skill. Now, with that said, I have seen some of the guild groups from HoD running around (often times tagless), and they are very good, I also know KOME will be sticking around and they also have lots of skilled players and enough of them to queue a map on their own.

So I think it will even out, HoD wont have the queues and numbers we are showing right now, but that will be offset by the skill players coming back in.

6700k@5GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB 850 SSD | GTX980Ti | 27" 144Hz Gsync

in WvW

Posted by: Lokan Tores.8736

Lokan Tores.8736

Honestly, I hope that both FA and HoD punch YB square in the face repeatedly this upcoming week. Wanna know how to beat us? Fight us. I (and fellow guild members) have been increasingly annoyed with the lack of willingness to stand ground and duke it out my my YB comrades. It’s just been K-Train all the way this week (avoiding any real fights) and I am hoping that this was just us being lazy and taking advantage of being pitted against weaker servers. But if the past few months are any indication than we are going to get stomped this week.

Either way I look forward to the fights and hope it either galvanizes our server or crushes our morale to the point that there is no other option but to get better. FA has always been an admirable opponent and it looks like HoD will provide us with plenty of undead hordes to wade through.

Here’s to the upcoming brawl on the battlefield. I even cleaned my weapons for this one.

Satsugeisha
Yaks’ Bend
The Sixth Degree {TSD}

in WvW

Posted by: Bear.7803

Bear.7803

I have been in the FA ~ SBI ~ IOJ match for more hours than I care to admit. I have seen how the Zergs have met and what decided the battles.
I can not wait to see how things turn out for all.
Out of our match’s progression, I think that FA lost ground as the other two teams gained. I also think that IOJ showed the most improvement of the 3 for this match.
So lets see what happens!

I love this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

… and I LOVE SBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

I have been in the FA ~ SBI ~ IOJ match for more hours than I care to admit. I have seen how the Zergs have met and what decided the battles.
I can not wait to see how things turn out for all.
Out of our match’s progression, I think that FA lost ground as the other two teams gained. I also think that IOJ showed the most improvement of the 3 for this match.
So lets see what happens!

I love this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

… and I LOVE SBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair, and I kitten love SBI and IoJ after the fights you guys put up, FA always quits halfway through the week because lot of our matches are blowouts. I am really hoping this week proves different.

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

Does anyone have any info on what’s going on in the FA/HoD/YB matchups? I can see the score, but I’m curious how the fights are playing out.

in WvW

Posted by: Lokan Tores.8736

Lokan Tores.8736

From what my guildmate is saying (I’m at work atm) and what I am seeing on BattleStats there is a lot of back and forth right now. Seems to be HoD is zerging hard, YB is playing the PPT game and FA is doing a mix of both. Looks like a brawl in there and I can’t wait to get home and blow my weekend on it.

Satsugeisha
Yaks’ Bend
The Sixth Degree {TSD}

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Match looks exciting from the score. Too bad I logged on late and every map has a queue right now lol. Gonna be a fun week.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

Same here. Too bad I couldn’t make it for reset, I look forward to some epic battles tomorrow. I’ll see you all on the battlefield around 11am server time. Hopefully my server won’t blow the close matchup before then, and in the meantime, Go HoD!!!

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

in WvW

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

Until now I enjoy the tournament, at first the fights with FA and SBI, now with CD and SoR. I thought there are no people on SoR, but they still have enough for a big blob and they still know how to fight. We had to remember our people, that SoR was once a T1 server and that there are still experience players on it. If SoR could somehow manage not to end on the last place of the tournament, I would be happy for them.

[KILL] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

Way to get my hopes up. HoD is just as kittenBI and IoJ. What I don’t think you people realize is that FA has been going head to head with SoS/Mag/TC and the best guilds in the game for the past 3 months. Silver has been a joke so far.

(edited by Sad Tas.2509)

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

Ok got in there for a few hours, it’s too early to tell. HoD is getting murdered by both FA and YB in fights, but coverage will win the match. We have to wait and see. Not looking good for HoD though.

Edit: Actually it may be early enough to tell, HoD is losing some fights where they seriously outnumber people. I’m talking 5 vs 20. Not sure why this is happening, presumably if you stacked a server you’d go in with a WvW char and not an uplevel.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in WvW

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

I don’t even care if FA loses, the amount of bags I’m getting from all these bads is ridiculous

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

HoD has late NA and some SEA it looks like. HoD will wake up in the morning feeling kitteny… And then the other boot will fall.

in WvW

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

I never fully grasped HoD’s zerg numbers until now. Good lord, I have yet to run into a HoD zerg that wasn’t around 50 people. I don’t know how long we can hold out against those numbers.

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]