New GvG Arena images (Obsidian Sanctum JP)

in WvW

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

Looks exactly how I imagined it would be
http://imgur.com/a/vhi1I

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Looks exactly how I imagined it would be
http://imgur.com/a/vhi1I

It’s a GvG CAGE MATCH!

WOW….Thunderdome! "Two guilds enter, ONE guild leaves!! "

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Does that look a bit small?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Spectators are allowed to build balista on the stairs and shoot at the downed.

in WvW

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

Spectators are allowed to build balista on the stairs and shoot at the downed.

thats not a bad idea, sell those obsidian sanctum exclusive ballistas at the gemstore arenanet!

in WvW

Posted by: Ninestrings.2815

Ninestrings.2815

Inc "omg kittening 5 h queue ".

[KoA] Raid Leader – SFR

in WvW

Posted by: Noodica.5428

Noodica.5428

Looks AMAZING. However, clearly going to be heaps of people in there screwing up GvG’s etc.

Midnight Mafia [MM]

in WvW

Posted by: Ciuffo.6384

Ciuffo.6384

now the tricky part is to allow a guild to go in the same arena together and eventually the possibility to face a specific guild on the other side.
the first may be achieved with an enhancement of the commander tag, when (s)he queue for a border, all people in his/her squad are queued for the same border
the second is more tricky and requires an arena-like access.
But at least the first suggestion would be greatly appreciated by everyone I think.

Ciuffo
GM and Commander of Leoni Bianchi [Lion]
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Hey people, a simple question.
Exactly how did this take 16 months to make?
I really, really wonder how. I’m willing to bet with the right tools some people would be able to create this Coliseum in less than a day.

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

hmm.. so no screening off the spectators.. was hoping for a Queen Jubilee solution..
or the kittencat arena in kittencat city..

and some small elevations to make the game practical for non melee..
then again.. they did build it. so we must now come..

(kittencat = char)

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

There are actually 2 people standing inside of it to give scale.

Attachments:

(edited by celeron.3469)

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

That the 1v1 arena?

If that is meant for 20vs 20 gvg then it’s a sad joke. I’m not even sure where squishies would position themselves to avoid standing in the opposition’s melee train…

But I guess with the new runes soon to be released in fractals it will only be warriors anyway so they can all just run into each other without being able to down anyone, then after 10 minutes of 0 deaths everyone will get bored and leave.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I imagine you can’t enter unless you’re queued or something. Else if 6 guilds want to fight against eachother at the same time… it will be messy.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

I thought it was quite small at first, but looking at the picture with the 2 people standing inside I think it’s probably alright. There should be enough space for some nice GvG action.

Member of TUP on Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Looks to be bigger than the present GvG location. You could even arrange a 2v2 match if ya wanted to.

in WvW

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

That the 1v1 arena?

If that is meant for 20vs 20 gvg then it’s a sad joke. I’m not even sure where squishies would position themselves to avoid standing in the opposition’s melee train…

Going by scale, it is larger than the current GvG area… I’m not sure where you get that it is somehow smaller from. I would guesstimate that it is 6000-7000 units, or whatever range is calculated in, across.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

That’s way too small for GvG. It would be good for 1v1.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

I’m not even sure where squishies would position themselves

If its like <<celeron>> have pointed us , then the big flames and the aligators statues can be used a LoS .
If the community later on wants more ancient rocks or broken statues or any LoS items in the mid of the map , they can ask it :P

in WvW

Posted by: Ciuffo.6384

Ciuffo.6384

any news if it is possibile to have a “guild” entry or if there is any overflow or if is 1vs1 server or 1vs1vs1?
didn’t found any specific communication from anet on the how to.
thanks for providing me the info

Ciuffo
GM and Commander of Leoni Bianchi [Lion]
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

It ‘might’ (Can’t honestly tell, it looks huge to me) be smaller length wise than the current gvg area, but it’s DEFINITELY wider.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

any news if it is possibile to have a “guild” entry or if there is any overflow or if is 1vs1 server or 1vs1vs1?
didn’t found any specific communication from anet on the how to.
thanks for providing me the info

its the same as the current ebjp.

as far as size goes, the current gvg area probably looks osmething like this inside the new one.

the current gvg area is probably even narrower than i’ve drawn. the new arena is definately huge.

Attachments:

(edited by wads.5730)

in WvW

Tibstrike.2974

After watching the video, the overall length of the field is probably shorter than the “official” GvG area in the BLs. But if you consider most of the battles take place in the same area it is approximately the same length as the “clash area”. It is much, much wider than the current area and without any trees to interfere!

here’s the video I watched

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

I love it!

:)

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Nice, but it would be better if they removed the lowest set of stairs to 1) make the area bigger and 2) create a physical boundary between the spectator section and the arena section.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

the area appears to be about 3 mini-maps in diameter.

it’s plenty big enough unless you’re playing bigger than 25v25

also, there will be no ‘reason’ for anyone to go to this area unless specifically to gvg or spectate or troll. which is basically same as current area except don’t have to worry about those kitten npc mobs.

in WvW

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

looks great queues gonna be long though

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

Well, I watched the video, and what I like about it as well is that when there’s trolls interrupting the GvG, you can just kill them and then put some people at the entrance towards the arena to stop them from interfering again. It’s a fairly long tunnel, so putting some ‘guards’ there would probably work. Though they would be unable to properly spectate while killing trolls, which kinda sucks for them :P

Member of TUP on Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Asrok.2193

Asrok.2193

Awesome, would be nice if they added different instances of this the same way they did the borderlands, I’m not convinced one will be enough to accomodate the multiple GvGs that go on during the week or on a day which will still result in GvGs happening in the WvW zones anyway. I reckon and identical zone you can queue up for would probably be enough room to make GvGs in WvW zones rare. Still better than nothing tho I suppose.

Asrok – Hand of Blood [HoB] – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

its about time!
Next on the list of GvG requests is the ability to fight guilds outside of our 3 server matchup.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Wahey, now Anet can use this as a excuse for not dealing with the glaring issues with wvw itself for a little while longer and their so called build/class balance., until they actually get some competition from another game

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: katsu.4052

katsu.4052

This just makes me miss GW1 GvG even more =(

The so-called “GvG” in this game is so lame compared to GW1

http://prescribedrx.com/
NA | Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: ko killer.3692

ko killer.3692

It looks beautiful

Jade Quarry- Fang

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

its about time!
Next on the list of GvG requests is the ability to fight guilds outside of our 3 server matchup.

That going to be the Spvp GvG set up or a Sgvg using the the Spvp system. It would make GvG into near espot level of play and i think that could be very fun.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

The arena look awesome, great job Arenanet, thank you.

I love the idea of the spectator ‘bridges’ so you can see the fight from above.

in WvW

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

To GvGers: Use this map, do not get mad about previous patches that ruined your gvg experiences. Anet spent resources on this because they see potential in it. If it’s popular there will probably be more content in the future for gvg.

in WvW

Brando.1374

its about time!

That going to be the Spvp GvG set up or a Sgvg using the the Spvp system. It would make GvG into near espot level of play and i think that could be very fun.

I have no problem using the Spvp system, just let me use the gear and food I want to use.
but back to this topic,

the map is Larger than the current Gvg arena which is great.
Spectators and Shoutcasters can have a really nice view of the fight without getting in the way.

Also with the spectators in attendance any person who tried to interrupt a match will get roflstomped each time.

in WvW

Jski.6180

its about time!

I have no problem using the Spvp system, just let me use the gear and food I want to use.
but back to this topic,

Spectators and Shoutcasters can have a really nice view of the fight without getting in the way.

Also with the spectators in attendance any person who tried to interrupt a match will get roflstomped each time.

Then the fight would not be fair the idea of wvw gvg is that its more for pure bragging rights of your guilds both in pve ability and in wvw ability. If you want true GvG that has ranks etc.. its going to need to be a Sgvg.

in WvW

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

lol …. gvg gw2 shoutcasters.

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

I dig it.

15 chars

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in WvW

Jski.6180

lol …. gvg gw2 shoutcasters.

O god that would be soo hard to keep up with lol.

in WvW

Brando.1374

its about time!

but back to this topic,

Then the fight would not be fair the idea of wvw gvg is that its more for pure bragging rights of your guilds both in pve ability and in wvw ability. If you want true GvG that has ranks etc.. its going to need to be a Sgvg.

We do have ranks, gw2gvg.com has our leaderboards. about as True GvG as possible atm.

and the fights are fair.
-15v15 or 20v20 Fight until the other side is completely down or the leader calls the round.
-we have agreements on what to do for disconnects/interference
-No stacking sigils or stacks of any kind.
-all gear is acceptable, all food is acceptable (anyone can get ascended gear with the help of a good guild)

whats not fair?

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Just from the images, the biggest complaint that will likely come from the GvG guilds pertaining to this area will be the need for more space to fight. We will see though.

in WvW

Brando.1374

Just from the images, the biggest complaint that will likely come from the GvG guilds pertaining to this area will be the need for more space to fight. We will see though.

By the looks of it, it already looks bigger than what we are used to. so I dont think any current gvg guild will have many issues.

in WvW

Jski.6180

its about time!

but back to this topic,

We do have ranks, gw2gvg.com has our leaderboards. about as True GvG as possible atm.

and the fights are fair.
-15v15 or 20v20 Fight until the other side is completely down or the leader calls the round.
-all gear is acceptable, all food is acceptable (anyone can get ascended gear with the help of a good guild)

whats not fair?

Its not fair in how much pve that guild runs. GvG in wvw is more then just a test of pvping skills there a lot to do with organization class comp and that guilds ability to raise up there players in pve (both gold and gear). That and any one can just simply jump in and troll the fight both by attking the other team and by buffing there side before or during a fight (its very hard to pick these up during a fight). I am not saying this is a bad thing ppl like this type of open pvp but you cant treat it as true GvG for ranks etc.. its more on the lines of free play pvp a lot like how wvw is made to be. A true GvG will be in Spvp with the Spvp stander gear and runes making it a pure skill / class comp game.

in WvW

Tibstrike.2974

I would be fine with a sPvP style of GvG if they allow us to customize our gear layouts and stats the same way in WvW. You can keep the food, but if I have to use a kittenty amulet to get pigeonholed into one stat combo I will not play it.

in WvW

Brando.1374

its about time!

but back to this topic,

and the fights are fair.

whats not fair?

Its not fair in how much pve that guild runs. GvG in wvw is more then just a test of pvping skills there a lot to do with organization class comp and that guilds ability to raise up there players in pve (both gold and gear). That and any one can just simply jump in and troll the fight both by attking the other team and by buffing there side before or during a fight (its very hard to pick these up during a fight). I am not saying this is a bad thing ppl like this type of open pvp but you cant treat it as true GvG for ranks etc.. its more on the lines of free play pvp a lot like how wvw is made to be. A true GvG will be in Spvp with the Spvp stander gear and runes making it a pure skill / class comp game.

Interfering in a fight in this new arena will be very noticeable due to the size of the area and where the stands are. also big gvg guilds have spectators from all servers to keep watch on interference.
Guild should PVE together. also [GF] does not pve often but we have our gear because it was needed to make our builds work. they wont work or have the same effectiveness in spvp with the amulet system.
My build would loose 5k+hp, close to 600 condi dmg, 40% condi duration
our other classes would probably get an even bigger nerf to out dmg and defense.

in WvW

Jski.6180

Interfering in a fight in this new arena will be very noticeable due to the size of the area and where the stands are. also big gvg guilds have spectators from all servers to keep watch on interference.
Guild should PVE together. also [GF] does not pve often but we have our gear because it was needed to make our builds work. they wont work or have the same effectiveness in spvp with the amulet system.
My build would loose 5k+hp, close to 600 condi dmg, 40% condi duration
our other classes would probably get an even bigger nerf to out dmg and defense.
[/quote]

Look at it like this we have rune sets in spvp that show up in pve but we also have rune sets that are in pve but do not show up in spvp. What this means is that these runes are not set up like the runes in spvp. You can say the same thing armor types sigles food etc.. Its cool you have that type of build and its ok that you run it in wvw and or GvG its just you will need to take your wins there not as serous as say in more of an Spvp setting.
I still think that the true GvG we are going to get will be in Spvp with the Spvp settings. But this will be fun to run and try out new ideals.

(edited by Jski.6180)

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I would love to see 2 character hight Podium sticking into the arena with a small sideramp.

And maybe a overhang that keeps people out of combat for spectating

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

There seems to be drakes missing in the middle of that arena.

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

in WvW

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

They should make it exclusive like an instance and have a small gem fee for a guild to enter, like a weekly fee to “rent” the instance. A proper GvG area, would be even nicer if it had some objectives that would be optional buffs/debuffs when taken.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…