New WvW blog post June 1 2017

in WvW

Posted by: atticus.5284

atticus.5284

I doubt the “commander” bonus will be that significant – in the time it takes you to earn 10 pips, the commander might earn 12…not a big deal. Probably get a lot of tags at the beginning but if you’re on a server for more than a few weeks, you already know the good commanders. I don’t see the veterans joining up with an unknown tag. When the unknown tag gets one-pushed a few times, their squad will quit. If you think your guild is too good for pugs, no problem – just continue to run tagless.

Personally, I remember back to Season 1 when I was a noob and I learned so much by following some good tags. We need new blood in the game – I hope the experienced tags will welcome the new pugs and train them.

The only thing that worries me is the AFK participation – with queued maps, people standing around isn’t good. However, it sounds like they are addressing it. If you’re not an active WvW’er, you will get less from your low rank and it appears that you’ll need to do more than tag a yak to get pips.

I hope this revitalizes the game mode!

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

I just want this to be clear that many of us didn’t leave because of burn out, but as a direct correlation to Anet’s changes right after the release of HoT.

That is all… and I do agree with the last proposal of letting people be where they please.

I want to be clear we were discussing why people left after seasons/tournament, not after HoT. People left wvw after seasons because of reasons I mentioned, which has also been mentioned multiple times by other players and the devs.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Blades Of Fatalis.1279

Blades Of Fatalis.1279

honestly I think that the best part of the pips system is one that people have been largely ignoring in this thread: That people will get extra pips for FIGHTING OUTNUMBERED, now whether that means just the outmanned buff or if its more details on a fight to fight basis, id say that this is actually a great addition and if anything should encourage people to be less blobby (as if people would actually do that.) but hey, I’m fine with a map blob following a commander on ebg ktraining objectives getting less rewards than me roaming on an outnumbered borderlands. In fact I’m quite happy with that :>

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Once again I ask. Can we get a way to lock the reward track to the one we want to run over and over.

Or a way to remove the reward tracks we don’t want on the list

this so much. I DONT WANT OR NEED COE anymore…

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Hagbard.7192

Hagbard.7192

How much player from one server can enter Battleground 1, 2 and 3 ?
Some said 100 player from server xyz can enter each Battleground.

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

I am sure the hordes who have left WvW will come flooding back with this change, oh wait, the lag is still is worse than ever, the meta is still worse than ever, the combat still more tedious than ever, the population balance is still non-existent, match-ups are still competitively a completely worthless joke, class balance is still non-existent, the guild arenas are still too small/uses PvE rules,the game mode still so poorly designed that PvDoor and avoiding fights in a mass scale PvP mode is the thing for PPT, etc, so maybe not…

Really it is just the PvP rewards all over again, rather than addressing the actual issues, all it will largely achieve is a temporary boost in numbers from “players” after shiny things not really interested in the game mode, that will end once those shiny things have been acquired.

Just another Anet band-aid.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

No ascended armour rewards.

Thanks.

Thanks a bunch, still forced to play a game mode i don’t like.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

I am sure the hordes who have left WvW will come flooding back with this change, oh wait, the lag is still is worse than ever, the meta is still worse than ever, the combat still more tedious than ever, the population balance is still non-existent, match-ups are still competitively a completely worthless joke, class balance is still non-existent, the guild arenas are still too small/uses PvE rules,the game mode still so poorly designed that PvDoor and avoiding fights in a mass scale PvP mode is the thing for PPT, etc, so maybe not…

Really it is just the PvP rewards all over again, rather than addressing the actual issues, all it will largely achieve is a temporary boost in numbers from “players” after shiny things not really interested in the game mode, that will end once those shiny things have been acquired.

Indeed a temporary boon, and irony is that players voted for this…

I am also holding my opinion for the actual implementation before stating any further complaints/praise about the rewards system.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Great news the skirmish rewards are finally ready to be revealed. But something essential is missing from the blog post.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Let-s-Talk-Scoring/first#post6145749

• In conjunction with population rebalancing, updating Scoring allows us to decide a winner of a match more fairly, and thus reward players more fairly
    • Currently we can’t give out worthwhile rewards for winning, as most match-ups are already decided before they begin

Where is the population rebalancing? Or how are the matchups not decided before they begin?

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

I am also holding my opinion for the actual implementation before stating any further complaints/praise about the rewards system.

Well… players weren’t exactly given a major choice on priority lol skirmish rewards or one up one down. Pick one, or none, we working on it anyways!

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I like some of these changes and the additional rewards are great but the core problems still remain.

This guy gets it. They keep dodging the real issues that plague this game mode.

People will just leave after they get the backpack because they realize (or already know) that WvW is a huge mess in it’s current state.

Enjoy your skill lag ladies and gentlemen, because there will be more than enough of it.

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Well… players weren’t exactly given a major choice on priority lol skirmish rewards or one up one down. Pick one, or none, we working on it anyways!

I picked One Up One Down last I remember, since it was the only option that actually affected my game play (face new players and avoid T1 servers random rolling into T3).

Irony is they’re doing something with One Up One Down. This still doesn’t remove the point that they decided not to tackle the difficult issues in regards to game play back then. Having reasonable balance for those newcomers could keep them playing after they got their new rewards.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: Dajas.4715

Dajas.4715

Skirmish sounds like a step In the right direction, now just take away all those pointless doors and just have a capture point and if there are more than ten attackers in the keep poison is applied to the attackers giving them a slow death and useless heal.
Risk VS reward

(edited by Dajas.4715)

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

I personally hope to see EBG look like it did when doc got game rage xfered to mag and tried to tag up. The colourful sea of commander tags was a beautiful site to see and a prime example of Maguuma sense of community.

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

honestly I think that the best part of the pips system is one that people have been largely ignoring in this thread: That people will get extra pips for FIGHTING OUTNUMBERED, now whether that means just the outmanned buff or if its more details on a fight to fight basis, id say that this is actually a great addition and if anything should encourage people to be less blobby (as if people would actually do that.) but hey, I’m fine with a map blob following a commander on ebg ktraining objectives getting less rewards than me roaming on an outnumbered borderlands. In fact I’m quite happy with that :>

You are just saying that because you can 1v15.

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

+1 x 17 million characters

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Blades Of Fatalis.1279

You are just saying that because you can 1v15.

shush if you let everyone know that ill never find a good group to yolo. also that’s just a tad exaggerated. I can only generate downs against 15 on my own, not actually wipe the group most of the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

shush if you let everyone know that ill never find a good group to yolo. also that’s just a tad exaggerated. I can only generate downs against 15 on my own, not actually wipe the group most of the time.

You sound amazing. Can we start a fangirl club for you?

WvW Necro

in WvW

Blades Of Fatalis.1279

You sound amazing. Can we start a fangirl club for you?

O.O?! I mean. if you want too?

in WvW

Posted by: MarkBecks.6453

MarkBecks.6453

WvW has been so devastated by core issues not being addressed, which has resulted in many players lost to other games or real life, that I fear this is to little to late, but kudos to Anet for trying to address some issues for the WvW community. I do not think this will rescue WvW, but then again, this is just my opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: Peppel.9736

Peppel.9736

Heya

nice things .. BUT … Anet worte nothing about guest servers the identity. Guest server continue to be the forgotten servers. We dont know, which peeps are from which server.

…………………….

I have made this thread for 9 months ago (after the first linking)

Slow death of the “forgotten” Guest server

…………………….

And this thread was opened 11 months ago:
World linking and names [Merged]

……………………

Will this be fixed? I really hope so!

We will see what will happen on tuesday ….

Tinka – Whiteside Ridge WSR - It’s a game, have fun and be kind to others
Slow-death-of-the-forgotten-Guest-server

(edited by Peppel.9736)

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Pips are earned every tick and are awarded based on the following criteria:

• Your world’s position during the skirmish (first, second, or third).

Can we drop this criteria until the population imbalance, server linking and manual rating adjustments are solved?

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Pips are earned every tick and are awarded based on the following criteria:

• Your world’s position during the skirmish (first, second, or third).

Can we drop this criteria until the population imbalance, server linking and manual rating adjustments are solved?

So important. Been trying to get some attention on this subject before I even knew about this patch. Very easy fix: currently, the =/- 100 glicko threshold is outdated. It is a part of the system that was there before skirmishes. it made sense when you had run away scores, but no more with fixed scoring as everyone’s glicko is closer. Simply change it to +/- 50 and you’re done. Heck, even one up, one down would be better. Anything. But, as Korgov pointed out, this is especially true with the weekly reward track.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I’m very much looking forward to the chaos and shenanigans that will ensue because of all this. So much new content ahead

The only question I have is how long until all this stuff arrives ? Month, 3 months ? 6 months ? a year ?

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

This sounds very promising and solves a lot of underlying “problems” in WvW by giving people a reason to tag up, a reason to win skirmishes while still being motivated to play when outnumbered, adding new WvW skins, and implementing a system that gives high rank in WvW a purpose.
I am looking forward to it. Thank you Arenanet.

in WvW

Posted by: Monica.9701

Monica.9701

I’m very much looking forward to the chaos and shenanigans that will ensue because of all this. So much new content ahead

The only question I have is how long until all this stuff arrives ? Month, 3 months ? 6 months ? a year ?

Today…

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

Hey look commander pip bonus is 1 out of 16 possible points.