No Loyalty Bonus

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

It looks like this loyalty pip will be a disappointment for me. I play since the pre-release on the same server. Mostly PvE but also some WvW almost every day. But based on the number of pips I got yesterday not enough to get 100 pips every week. And yesterday was a day off from work so I had more time to play WvW.

Let me say that this implementation was not what I expected from a server loyalty pip. Maybe try to communicate better next time? Oh, we are talking about ArenaNet, communication is difficult for them as we all know.

Maybe I should just stop making forum posts about poorly implemented and communicated features

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Additional clarification on “can you lose the loyalty pip if you can’t play for a week?” would be good, though it seems like the requirement for consecutive wood chests answers that.

Considering the hype caused by the blog post

Pips are earned every tick and are awarded based on the following criteria:
Your world’s position during the skirmish (first, second, or third).
Your WvW rank.
Whether you’re commanding a squad with at least five people in it.
Whether you’re fighting while outnumbered.
If you’ve been playing on the same world for at least three weeks.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

This isn’t a loyalty check, it’s more like the account activity check.

Maybe they don’t have the means to check on how long the account has been in a world for the reward system. Which is why we don’t even have the bonus pip activated from the start for people who have been on there for longer than three weeks already.

The only solution I guess was for the system to do the checking by seeing how much pips you earned in the previous weeks. So playing for three weeks in a row activates the bonus pip, but then moving and not being able to earn pips for a week basically breaks this and why playing in a regular week but not earning 100 pips also breaks it.

Playing three or more weeks in a row to get +1 pip seems low, adding another pip or two would be nice. Get it from where? probably take a point from outnumbered and the 10k ranks (honestly how many players are at this point without k-training in eotm? probably less than half dozen of them active anyways too).

But then again adding more pips will seem even more punishing to players who aren’t able to play for a week. So meh, can’t even increase this without making players feeling forced to play every week now, if only they could do the server check instead.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

In its current form this loyalty pip is a disappointment.
It shouldn’t punish people taking a week off. It should rather discourage bandwagoning.

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

I don’t have a problem with how the loyalty bonus works. Promotes active WvW participation.
Why should someone be rewarded for not wvwing for months on end and logging back in when a new shiny skin is added to the vendor. We’ve seen this week how many of those players there are.

I’m hoping that the loyalty bonus would be a 3 tier bonus for each week you are active giving +1, +2 and +3 pips.
If that was the case, the loyalty bonus could decay by 1 tier for each week inactive.

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

^ +1
I throw a ton of hours at wvw most weeks. That said, last week I was unable to log into the game because I was on vacation from work (out of town, away from computer, visiting family). It’d be silly for me to have to work at it for three weeks again just to make up for being away one week.

Have it decay.

The current system also makes it somewhat more difficult for people of a lower wvw rank to meet the requirement. While I’m not against small loot bonuses for players who have been active in the gamemode longer, (like myself) I feel like weekly participation specifically in regards to a loyalty bonus should be calculated and awarded based on the number of skirmishes active in, not by total pips gained.

That said, I really like this system, (though with all of these additions to wvw it might seem a little clustered and confusing to the new player.)

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

We need to update the loyalty pip description.

You need to earn at least 75 pips for 3 weeks in a row to earn the loyalty bonus. We wanted players to have to participate in skirmishes to be considered loyal.

75 pips…

So if you’re a new WvWer, your world is placing last, and you don’t manage to get any of the other bonuses, you’d need to play for over 6 hours a week for three weeks in a row to start getting the loyalty bonus.

Ouch.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

You need to earn at least 75 pips for 3 weeks in a row to earn the loyalty bonus. We wanted players to have to participate in skirmishes to be considered loyal.

75 pips…

So if you’re a new WvWer, your world is placing last, and you don’t manage to get any of the other bonuses, you’d need to play for over 6 hours a week for three weeks in a row to start getting the loyalty bonus.

Ouch.

6 hours is not that bad, its basically 2 primetimes in a week, or half a day during weekend. But the chances your world is last all the ticks during those 6 hours and not having outnumbered buff on any map, is kinda low anyways. Also you will easily reach bronze rank within 3 weeks to replace that extra pipperino

I think the biggest issue here is the 3 weeks in a row which causes people not to be able to take a week off, but on the other hand he didn’t help his world for 1 week so he lost a bit of pip income for that.

Now the good thing it does is : if you transfer, you wont earn pips for over a week, which means you wont get any pips for a week and you miss that extra pip for 4 weeks, which means transferring has some a punishment that might actually limit it now

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

draxynnic.3719

I actually missed McKenna’s second post, which makes it 8+ hours. That’s a pretty big commitment in just one game mode, and it’s not considering the time it takes to get to participation 3 in the first place.

Yes, the odds that a losing server doesn’t have at least one outnumbered map is pretty low – however, getting players to compete with each other to get onto an outnumbered map for a tick isn’t exactly healthy gameplay. I was trying out the system yesterday, and I got more pips from ten minutes idling in an outnumbered map then I received from about an hour of actively playing.

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

If you got more pips by doing nothing then I suspect you didn’t get much? I was active this morning running all over the place with my group and popped 10 pips solid for a couple hours…

… just call me … Tim :)

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Those who moved, who should have been warned in an in game email, are not getting a thing.

You penalized anyone who moved because of bullying. And I did.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

draxynnic.3719

If you got more pips by doing nothing then I suspect you didn’t get much? I was active this morning running all over the place with my group and popped 10 pips solid for a couple hours…

Basically, yeah. I have a low WvW rank and my server was coming last, so the rate I was getting pips without the outnumbered bonus was basically in “not worth the time” territory.

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: syntohras.1064

syntohras.1064

The loyality pip should be for peoples who stay loyal to the server and do not trans for EZ Mode.

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

This just means the loyalty bonus is stupid. 3 weeks mean kitten. Make it two months and give loyal players +6-10 pips.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

This just means the loyalty bonus is stupid. 3 weeks mean kitten. Make it two months and give loyal players +6-10 pips.

making the buff even more essential, and even more difficult to maintain?

No thanks.

WvW is not only about the “wvw only” crowd. it needs to encourage new and casual players in too, to keep population up ( and to give us loot bag carrying bunnies to farm).

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

I would not keep the loyalty bonus as it is now. It makes no sense to punish people that can’t play a week, but it makes sense to punish people who transfer servers every few month.

I’d give people for every 6 month they have stayed on a server bonus loyalty pips (3-5-7-10-15). If you have transfered recently, you get none of this, but you still get the normal ones.
If you can’t or don’t play a week, your progress wouldn’t be lost.

The actual system seems not well designed to me.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

I would not keep the loyalty bonus as it is now. It makes no sense to punish people that can’t play a week, but it makes sense to punish people who transfer servers every few month.

I’d give people for every 6 month they have stayed on a server bonus loyalty pips (3-5-7-10-15). If you have transfered recently, you get none of this, but you still get the normal ones.
If you can’t or don’t play a week, your progress wouldn’t be lost.

The actual system seems not well designed to me.

as in.. a tweaked version of what was hyped in the blog, and (as of several hours ago) still how in-game tool tip describes it.. +1

edit: another option is use x wood chests earnt as the metric, not time.
eg: after you’ve earn 3 wood chests: +1 pip, after 9 wood chests: +2 pips. With the counter resetting on transfer. So you do need to participate to earn the bonus, without punishment for not being available every single week.

(edited by Artemis Thuras.8795)

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I think the pip counts should be based on the map score, not the overall world score. My world only has enough players (generally) to fill one map (EBG) and be competitive but since we then leave the other maps severely out manned we lose every where else. I played in EBG for several hours the last two nights and saw 2 pips per tick all night.

The first night I played in the ‘empty’ maps as a roamer and was seeing 7-10 pips per tick it seemed, but it was not really any fun playing there as everywhere I went I was ganked by a dozen or more players. That leaves me two choices, fair fights for no rewards or getting crushed (or just standing around) for high rewards. Not a very well thought out system.

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Hello, I’m not quite clear on this.

So you need to get
75+ pips on week 1
75+ pips on week 2
75+ pips on week 3

And then so long as you remain on the server, you will get the loyalty bonus?
Or will the streak reset if you miss a week, and you need to do all 3 again?

Needing to earn 100+ pips weeks 1, 2 and 3 is correct. If you miss a week you will need to do all 3 again.

*Edit: It should be 100 pips not 75. So you need to complete all of Wood Tier for 3 weeks.

I am of the opinion that this is not well-designed

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Loyalty and Activity should be two separate ways to get pips.

Loyalty pips should be based on the number of months you’ve been on the server (i.e. 1 pip for every 2-3 months, capped at 5 pips).

Activity should be based on earning pips every week (like the current “loyalty” bonus).

Server: Devona’s Rest

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

You people are being sensationalists. It’s just one pip per the tick requiring what most people in wvw do in a single session. Chances are if you are playing on a server always in third you will get outnumbered ticks more often to make up for those with abysmal ranks. And yes if you go on vacation you lose the bonus. Who cares. Keep playing game before our know it the pip will be back.

No Loyalty Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

3 weeks is not really a “loyalty” bonus. I don’t know what it is but 3 weeks is ceirtainly not loyal. 3 weeks is roughly the amount of time it takes to transfer a guild as people log in / out and get it set up within the destination match up.

Now if it was 3 and a half months, or 6 months and incrimentally increasing every month, then it might be somewhat of a positive incentive to remain. 3 weeks is just too irrelevant.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF