You must be new here…

[Hide]/[DP]

Obsidian Sanctum JP Etiquette

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

PvE players in a PvP area = QQ

Want to farm AP’s? Then don’t get farmed xD

What impresses me, more than anything is that some people are completely clueless. You stomp them again and again and again and they just keep coming back for more.

One time I was in OS and was hit by a guild group camping the JP. So i left…

I made a drink, checked my mails did a few non-eventful things and came back later. The guild was gone and I got to the top, no problems.

in WvW

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

If it bothers you that much, come back on April 15th when you at least won’t have to pay armour repairs. Trolls are going to troll, and if Anet wanted to stop them they’d have turned off combat in the JPs.

in WvW

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

With the release of the new Season, the amount of people in the OS JP trolling one another has increased. IT has gone from ganking people, to spawn camping. I am making this to remind people about the OS JP etiquette. I believe some level of respect should be shown in the JP. Let’s try and keep some class, and have fun. Fighting is saved for EBG, BL, EtoM, and the GvG arena.

- If others don’t attack you, don’t attack them
- If you see another being trolled, help them (even if they are from another server)
- Offer Mes ports if you can

Let’s respect one another, for honor is important.

What a joke. Attitudes like this is part of the reason this game will never have the longevity and respect that true RvR games like DAOC get. Terrible community.

in WvW

Posted by: EmoDevo.3209

EmoDevo.3209

Don’t try to go in alone or you’re gonna have a bad time. I usually jump with one or two friends and we never attack other players first because (1) it slows our jumping progress considerably which then leads to (2) getting ganked by a larger group. Unfortunately, lots of players think they can get free kills from us which they soon regret.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Thats a war zone. End of story

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

The only etiquette is that there isn’t an etiquette.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

With the release of the new Season, the amount of people in the OS JP trolling one another has increased. IT has gone from ganking people, to spawn camping. I am making this to remind people about the OS JP etiquette. I believe some level of respect should be shown in the JP. Let’s try and keep some class, and have fun. Fighting is saved for EBG, BL, EtoM, and the GvG arena.

- If you see another being trolled, help them (even if they are from another server)

What a joke. Attitudes like this is part of the reason this game will never have the longevity and respect that true RvR games like DAOC get. Terrible community.

Funny, I seem to remember that the few “gank squads” in DAoC were never wanted by their own realm mates. The community in DAoC, at least among the old school players, also believed in honor and respect.

Maybe that’s a universal concept. At least among the 90% of players (per Bartle) that do not fall into the “ganker” playstyle bucket.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

all i have to say it, haha u got ganked. Get over it its pvp, but i do hope to see more of these threads, kittens funny

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: ZhouFusion.1826

ZhouFusion.1826

All i can say is.
Thanks Gunners Hold, Abaddon’s Mouth & Aurora Glade for the friendliesness @ the Jumping puzzles today. Both in borders or O.S.

And to those annoying thiefs who tryed to gank & those other classes who tryed to push people off. Shame u didn’t make fair fights for enyone but just came to troll the friendlyness.

in WvW

Posted by: Tygr.9402

Tygr.9402

If you want the nice shiny loot in Living Story you have to run around Lions Arch and fight stuff. Sometimes the enemies are more than you can handle. If you have a group of people it helps.

If you want the nice shiny loot in the WvW Tournament you have to run around the wvw maps and fight stuff. Sometimes the enemies are more than you can handle. If you have a group of people it helps.

Do you expect the enemies in PvE to just lay down and give you stuff? You’re in a WvWvW tournament. A tournament is a competition involving a large number of competitors. Compete. Don’t try to badger people with honor and respect when you don’t even respect that you’re in a tournament. Have some honor and fight for your shiny loot.

Tygron Hynde
Order of the Bloodstone [OTBS]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

If you want to see honour, chivalry, whatever in the Obsidian Sanctum go and effect it yourself. You can help players from other servers or defend your own. But terms like honour and chivalry mean nothing without power.

If these gankers are really just the unskilled trolls that people claim that they are, they should be easy to deal with. Can’t defend yourself? Then don’t go to a PvP zone. You’re just a poor traveler caught by highwaymen, there’s no king’s patrol in the Obsidian Sanctum and you asking for respect and etiquette is like a sheep asking the same of wolves.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Lol at these threads, you got ganked by trolls ? L2P or bring more people, these guys who trolls others are probably 12yo and noob, they are very easy to kill once you have similar numbers, but don’t bring your pve equipe because that wont work well

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

So many internet hotshots in this thread, all of you who think there isn’t a JP etiquette make it seem like a PvE vs. WvW debate. I’m a WvWer and I never attack anyone doing the JP because it doesn’t make sense, it’s a waste of time for everyone involved. There are tons of places to 1v1 where you don’t get a terrain advantage or first hit advantage and you can fight people with a similar skill level rather than PvE scrubs. You guys just derive pleasure from inconveniencing other people.

Also if there aren’t any unwritten rules in WvW that means I can troll GvG happening in the arena right, after all red is dead. This selective hearing you guys have isn’t going to get you far if PvEers decide to interrupt your sacred GvGs.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

(edited by XacTactX.6709)

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

You guys just derive pleasure from inconveniencing other people.

That’s me!
15char

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

So many internet hotshots in this thread, all of you who think there isn’t a JP etiquette make it seem like a PvE vs. WvW debate.

Except there isn’t.

I’m a WvWer and I never attack anyone doing the JP

Good for you.

Also if there aren’t any unwritten rules in WvW that means I can troll GvG happening in the arena right, after all red is dead. This selective hearing you guys have isn’t going to get you far if PvEers decide to interrupt your sacred GvGs.

That’s the magic of it, you can interrupt if you want. Nothing stopping you besides yourself.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Bertrand.3057

And you’d get rolled if you tried. There’s GvG etiquette because those players can enforce it and can get help from their spectators. PvE players can’t enforce an honour code for the JP, when they’re asking for respect what they’re really asking for is a free pass.

in WvW

Posted by: Elusive.5817

Elusive.5817

<— Deso player & achievement point hunter (19.5k). Here’s a cause and effect for you gankers out there.

OS Jumping puzzle, rarely do I go to this, only if there are APs on offer. In order to avoid the obvious pitfalls you expect from this, I attempted it at around 3-4am this morning.

Near the end of the JP, I got ganked by 5-6 Augury Rock players – good pvpers I’ll give them that. The players who ganked me and a guy I met along the way were from Guild ‘PuL’, I saw some were fairly high ranked WvWers (silver rankings), certainly clearly play this WvW much more than I. Because of the time, couldn’t call on more friends to come with me. The JP was not possible due to these players. They were camping as I re-attempted and 20 mins later, the same thing happened.

As a result of this, today, I spent 6-7 hours in Augury Rock Boderlands, on my thief, killing EVERY single dolly from the north and east camp travelling towards thier Garri/Hills. I caught about 50% of dollys going towards Bay. I lost count of how many dollys I killed. I died once (I think it was due to stealth removal trap). We capped their crap a few times, I STAYED in the BL until they took it back to rinse/repeat. I was playing on half-screen whilst watching films.

I wish Augury Rock and Guild, ‘PuL’, all the best for the rest of the week. Sincerely.

Attachments:

(edited by Elusive.5817)

in WvW

Posted by: Elusive.5817

Elusive.5817

<— Deso player & achievement point hunter (19.5k).

OS Jumping puzzle, rarely do I go to this, only if there are APs on offer. In order to avoid the obvious pitfalls you expect from this, I attempted it at around 3-4am this morning.

Near the end of the JP, I got ganked by 5-6 Augury Rock players – good pvpers I’ll give them that. The players who ganked me and a guy I met along the way were from Guild ‘PuL’, I saw some were fairly high ranked WvWers (silver rankings), certainly clearly play this WvW much more than I. Because of the time, couldn’t call on more friends to come with me. The JP was not possible due to these players. They were camping as I re-attempted and 20 mins later, the same thing happened.

As a result of this, today, I spent 6-7 hours in Augury Rock Boderlands, on my thief, killing EVERY single dolly from the north and east camp travelling towards thier Garri/Hills. I caught about 50% of dollys going towards Bay. I lost count of how many dollys I killed. I died once (I think it was due to stealth removal trap). We capped their crap a few times, I STAYED in the BL until they took it back to rinse/repeat. I was playing on half-screen whilst watching films.

I wish Augury Rock and Guild, ‘PuL’, all the best for the rest of the week. Sincerely.

Result:

Attachments:

in WvW

Bertrand.3057

Tell your WvW regulars how many dolyaks you killed, then you might just get a hand with the JP

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

To the OP: Take heart. There are others like us out there who do believe in etiquette and being respectful. The sad thing about humanity is that there are far, far too many people who derive enjoyment from making other people unhappy (which is why any organised sport has rules to prevent such nonsense). It’s perhaps no wonder the world is in such a sorry state when you see the kinds of responses you got to your post.

As for me, whenever I run into another player in Obsidian Sanctum, I leave them alone unless I see them attack another player or they attack me first. At that point, all bets are off and I will defend myself with any and all means at my disposal. If that means trolling you back by stealthing and kicking you off a high platform to your death, so be it.

At the same time, take appropriate precautions. Bring stability, blocks etc. to guard yourself against unexpected attacks. Just because you’re nice doesn’t mean others will be.

in WvW

Posted by: NevilleDevil.4530

NevilleDevil.4530

Ok, since I last visited here there has been a lot of responses.

For those that wonder, I am not a PvE’r; I am a WvW’er. I like to go out and bust zergs, and during my off time I like to make money while having some fun. I am part of a WvW guild, and do GvG sometimes.

While I was doing the JP, and saw people from other servers (JQ and BG), I helped them by showing them the way through the JP. There may have been the accidental torch thrown, but it wasn’t intentional, but we got it done.

I honestly do not see the point in camping in one spot and ganking people. I just don’t see a point in doing it. Do people have nothing better to do in their free time? Maybe someone who did gank can answer my question.

If your wondering if I got ganked, the trolls tried. The gankers met a swift death through my hammer.

(edited by NevilleDevil.4530)

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

I am not a PvE’r; I am a WvW’er.

Sounds like your a zerg orientated player. You don’t sound like much of a roamer.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

The OS etiquette:
-Don’t interrupt duels at the duel spots, or finish a downed foe who was clearly involved in a duel
-Don’t grief GvGs
-Don’t spawncamp
-Don’t expect people not to attack you

You fourth rule runs counter to your first two.

No, since the (you meant to say first three) rulings supersede the last one. Law 101.

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Hmm no.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Its a pvp area and you want to get pvp rewards, so do some pvp. Its also way more fun when you have to fight yourself through the jp. I see so many people not even defending themselves, which is so sad because the jp offers a pretty unique and awesome pvp experience.

Agree… and as a bonus you actually get to experience seeing all your skills landing and cooldowns realistically being applied…
I took a trip into OS last night, first time in a whiles and immediately got ganked by 3 FSP players.. no issues WP and went back for more.. this time I knew what was coming and sure I lost but heck it was so much more fun than running around EB constantly spamming #1 and hope something happens before the sun comes back over the hills…

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Really ? This thread again ? It is a PvP zone, PvP happens in PvP zones. There are several other way to complete the achievement that do not include JP’s.

First it is a WvW zone if it were PvP I would not see so many nerf food, dire op, and assorted WvW isolated complaints.

Onto the main topic anywhere there are both Jumping Puzzles (and achievement for completing them) and the potential for Players to conflict with each other there will be people that will want to camp them.

First of all WvW=PvP. Google what PvP means and stop thinking that PvP means gw2 spvp/tpvp game mode.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in WvW

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Eh. Just wait a few weeks, if you’re having trouble. Or try at different times. At one point or another your server will be there in force, or you’ll have mesmer ports, or there just won’t be any enemies around who want to kill you. If you want the achievement so much, a little persistence will go a long way.

in WvW

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

PvP happened in PvP environment go figure…If you don’t like it stop going to PvP areas to be ganked.
other than that…grew some kitten balls and stop crying me rivers.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

in WvW

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

The question you should be asking is "why the hell is there a jumping puzzle, one of the worst implemented mechanics in the game (hit the right invisible spot, get dragged onto ledge by the game) in a PvP area? I for one have no answer to that.

in WvW

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

The question you should be asking is "why the hell is there a jumping puzzle, one of the worst implemented mechanics in the game (hit the right invisible spot, get dragged onto ledge by the game) in a PvP area? I for one have no answer to that.

hah, you probably think PvP is badly implemented in this game, like the thousands of delusional people out there

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I kill anyone and everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

I think it is a much better argument to have as to whether a jumping puzzle should ever be in a pvp zone (I don’t think so) versus

If ANET puts a jumping puzzle in a WvW zone, isn’t the whole point to kill the other player?

I STRONGLY support a lack of etiquette and the mass slaughter of those trying to do the jumping puzzle. Maybe then we will have less PvE in WvW.

Kill em all. Let ANET sort them out

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Why do you need to do all Achievements day one? What’s the point?
Last season I did all the JPs on last week, no one was there, OS and all the other WvW JPs were empty.

in WvW

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

There’s a reason why the obsidian sanctum JP is in the WvW tournament achievement list. And there’s a reason as well as why you only need to do it once.

It’s supposed to be kitten hard to do it, since people are supposed to kill you on the way.

in WvW

Posted by: allstarpro.4610

allstarpro.4610

Wait so your telling me that it feels like OSJP back in the day? Your telling me I can go there to prevent other servers from getting their achieves.

Thank you Anet, you bring me so much joy. I missed fights on the JP

Sovereign Union leader

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Slaughter all the PvE players punish them for their carebear attitudes. Even better if you get a reddit thread out of it like Maguuma did.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

I was bored while in queue last night in T1, so I took a leisurely stroll through OS… I was kinda sad that no one tried to gank me. Made it through without a scratch

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

This thread needs more kittens.

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

I personally would like to hear some more OS horror stories; they’re pretty entertaining.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Playing on OS last night, REAL late, round 2am. Figured, why the heck not. 3 FSP and 1PS camped on the jumps leading to the dark room. If they’d left me alone, I wouldn’t have taken em out. Get in my way and I’ll fight you. Leave me alone and we’re cool.

Pretty simple really

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

The nicest, sweetest thing I have ever saw was 5 enemys (2 from one server, and 3 from another) having a dance party on a ledge near the end of the JP. I was so touched by their display of camaraderie and good-sportsmanship that I shed a tear of overwhelming joy as I Feared them all of the ledge to their deaths.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: ExpiredLifetime.1083

ExpiredLifetime.1083

When mag was camping OS right after reset, I just called in a few buddies and we fought back. Somewhere around 300 kills in a couple of hours, and plenty of laughs from knocking people around or killing the guy that pulled you off of spawn.

As a general rule of thumb in OS – as others have said – expect a fight. That doesn’t mean to go and shiv the first red guy in the back if you’re trying to actively complete the puzzle, since chances are he’ll call in friends to ruin your day; it means that you need to put your big boy pants on and not go crying to mommy because someone decided they’d fear you off of a ledge. If you run into people who are using the PvP JP for its PvP content, then you get to find a way to deal with them – be it killing them, calling in friends to kill them, or sucking it up and leaving until a better time.

There is NOTHING wrong with PvP in a PvP zone.

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Particularly when people are obviously camping certain spots not just to kill you but to just frustrate you. Had a Piken Square warrior standing on the platform before the jump into the dark room. Immob’d me once and tried to keep me in combat so I couldn’t make the jump. Another Piken Square Ele and a Far Shiverpeaks Warrior were down below so it was kitten ed if I do and kitten ed if I don’t. Switched to staff and threw a few marks at the high up warr then jumped down and engaged the other warr. Musta been a low level noob since their sword attacks did virtually no damage and I just life drained them and conditioned them to death. Same with the ele. The other warr up high I just feared down with a mark then conditioned him to death as well. When they came around to make the jumps I repaid their “kindness” with a few chill marks when they jumped or feared them off the edges.

If you go in to OS not ready for a fight, you’re just asking for it

in WvW

Posted by: Erebus.3897

Erebus.3897

if it’s red its dead

Commander Gladius Deum [ART]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Adula.3698

Adula.3698

red = dead. There aren’t rules to how to wvw. If you guys want to do the JP, do it, but don’t come out of farming AC then get mad after you get 1 shot in the JP.

in WvW

Posted by: Adamus.1287

Adamus.1287

Threads like this are great because you can just immediately tell which one of the kittenheads replying to it is one of the ganking kittens. sorry but you are trying to bleed stone asking them nicely not to be kittens. Such lowly filth know not the word “reasonable” or “etiquette”.

in WvW

Posted by: Treebeard The Swift.9620

Treebeard The Swift.9620

Had a great run in it last night, had people from blackgate and jade quarry who just watched my little upleveled self pass. had a guy in the arena beckoning to anyone who passed if they wanted a duel. Fell a few times and still they just let me pass. was awesome, ty guys.

in WvW

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Threads like this are great because you can just immediately tell which one of the kittenheads replying to it is one of the ganking kittens. sorry but you are trying to bleed stone asking them nicely not to be kittens. Such lowly filth know not the word “reasonable” or “etiquette”.

PvP is not meant to be equal.If someone doesn’t like what is happening to him(ganking,farming) must stop doing the puzzle and go do it when there are less people.When you are PvP enabled there is no such thing as etiquette.Everything can happen to you.’’Reasonable’’?WTF are you talking about.PvP is never reasonable neither fair.It’s kill or be killed.Nothing more nothing less

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I hope u all know we are talking about a player versus player area. This jp is funny because you can fight with others.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+