One Last Huzzah for Confusion!

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Glamour mesmers are extremely tanky while at the same time dealing extreme amounts of damage. That’s not how thieves function.

Are you saying that a toughness/condition thief with a shortbow doesnt deal AoE damage while being very tanky and stealthy? The theif still has this option, its just that not many choose it.

Different builds, different things. A BS theif is an extreme example, just like a confusion Mesmer is. And the BS theif does 10x single target dps than the AoE based Mesmer.

Hardly as much AoE damage as a confusion mesmer.

I am saying that confusion mesmers are way stronger than BS thieves, and that they should not be used in an attempt to justify the current state of confusion.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Azylir.9137

Azylir.9137

Confusion needed a nerf, I cleanse confusion the best I can, have 3 utils that cleanse my resolve, every 10s I remove 2 conds, and the rate you can stack it back is just dumb, literally if a mesmer knows how to use confusion, you run outa cleanses because he doesn’t use all his confusion skills just enough to give you enough stacks to have you cleanse and continuously does so. The way a good mesmer stacks confusion is either they force you to attack killing yourself eventually because you run out of cleanses or buries it under other conditions so even after you manage to cleanse it hes filling you up with it again, and if you don’t attack, you either run or get auto attacked dead because he doesn’t need to even try.

Pretty sure its “nerfed” in sPvP and im sorry but its still a threat there too, the nerf hitting even at least wvw is well due. You have enough utility that a nerf to you’re basically marquee condition isn’t gonna really kill you guys, just learn something other than glamour mesmer.

FYI: if you have issues with thieves don’t build glass and learn to cc, shadow refuge is fairly easy to take care of you just have to knock them out once, its only an issue if they have stability granting teammates around, oh shadow refuge revive, knockback where the downed guy was. Maybe actually learn to pvp instead of just blowing all your CD’s at the start of the fight in hope of winning in a quick burst fest. And I’m sorry in pvp conditions are actually way more useful than direct dmg, because if someone knows how to apply them, you run out of cleanses and theyre still putting conditions back on you.

in WvW

Posted by: TonyDiMeglio.5461

TonyDiMeglio.5461

Confusion needed a nerf, I cleanse confusion the best I can, have 3 utils that cleanse my resolve, every 10s I remove 2 conds, and the rate you can stack it back is just dumb, literally if a mesmer knows how to use confusion, you run outa cleanses because he doesn’t use all his confusion skills just enough to give you enough stacks to have you cleanse and continuously does so. The way a good mesmer stacks confusion is either they force you to attack killing yourself eventually because you run out of cleanses or buries it under other conditions so even after you manage to cleanse it hes filling you up with it again, and if you don’t attack, you either run or get auto attacked dead because he doesn’t need to even try.

Pretty sure its “nerfed” in sPvP and im sorry but its still a threat there too, the nerf hitting even at least wvw is well due. You have enough utility that a nerf to you’re basically marquee condition isn’t gonna really kill you guys, just learn something other than glamour mesmer.

FYI: if you have issues with thieves don’t build glass and learn to cc, shadow refuge is fairly easy to take care of you just have to knock them out once, its only an issue if they have stability granting teammates around, oh shadow refuge revive, knockback where the downed guy was. Maybe actually learn to pvp instead of just blowing all your CD’s at the start of the fight in hope of winning in a quick burst fest. And I’m sorry in pvp conditions are actually way more useful than direct dmg, because if someone knows how to apply them, you run out of cleanses and theyre still putting conditions back on you.

Ok so because YOU can’t handle a glamour mesmer they should blast it completely?

Forum is full of idiots.

in WvW

Posted by: Gnat.5124

Gnat.5124

Ok so because YOU can’t handle a glamour mesmer they should blast it completely?

Forum is full of idiots.

It’s hilarious isn’t it? People complaining that someone elses class is OP and deserves a nerf – but if you say anything against their class, it’s a learn to play issue haha

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Can someone post the source link? I can’t seem to find it.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: BlueViking.7105

BlueViking.7105

I Think the way anet does their Changes is wrong. I agree confusion did very much damage, but i dont agree with removing half of most mesmers damage, and fully understand the pain mesmer player feels now. Why every time anet decides to nerf something they do it that hard? come on 50% damage reduction is MASSIVE, loose 10% or maybe 20% and that would be good, confusion would still be strong.

I Think the buffs the weaker classes recivie is enough really. The new warrior traits for example are great and in itself enough for a balance patch together with ranger pet buffs etc. these are small reasonable Changes that doesnt turn the game upside down. Tuning down DD ele slightly would also be good but again it gets hit just too hard.

Just take a look in the forums now and see all the QQ, lots of people are really upset (alot of too upset people imo but people are people…). This could be avoided so easy with buffing instead of nerfing, or atleast make the nerfs you put in small and not HUGE.

Btw i like that retaliation damage will now pop up simularly too confusion. That in itself is a good and reasonable nerf. Dont need to reduce its damage anything.

in WvW

TonyDiMeglio.5461

Right? Glamour is NOT god mode. It takes a fair amount of time to learn how to master Glamour mesmer. Thats what drew me to it and thats whats going to drive me from the game. I just started figuring out all the nuances and almost have my fully ascended Condition gear… FOR WHAT? If i move to another build… ALL my gear has to be replaced. I would rather cut my nuts off than go through that many fractals, Guild missions ( please GOD no more guild missions where I am turn into a kittening duck or some kitten and have to avoid red circles), or dungeon farming.

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

Confusion stacking glamour build is trully by far the most overpowerd thing in the game but only a very,very few players did manage to master it at 100%.Ofcourse everyone whining about how it was only players being bad ,lmao,never had a clue about how powerfull and downright godmode/i win button is in WvW.IF you still think bringing condition removals would save you to blow yourselves up only by removing the wrong condition instead i only have i thing to say : prove without it how really bad the other players are or forever shut it and suck it up.It’s enough you got away for 8 months with this kind of easymode unbalanced bs.
It is you that has the “skillz” and players of other classes are just bad ?Prove it.Plenty of builds out there for you to show the world how glamour players were the true elite and not the condition or build itself.Easy right ?

I’ve played a shatter confusion mesmer since day one, thus have a full grasp of how confusion works, what to watch for, and how to beat it. In all that time (spent almost entirely in WvW) I’ve never lost to a glamour mesmer.

In Tier 1 there are a lot of veteran players (aswell as a higher concentration in general). When our server got to Tier 1, I immediately noticed a difference in players skill level in that the moment I put confusion on a target, they altered their play accordingly. That was condition removing, bunkering builds aside (guardians, eles, stealthing thieves) who could just fight through it.

It’s clear you have little to no experience in confusion combat at higher levels of play.

You made me lol.The part where in t1 players are better is my favourite,l2p comming from a mesmer like i don’t own one apart ^^.
The ammount of l2p and everyone else is a bad player comming from 1 build only is ridiculous.Not even thieves ever used so much l2p combined from the release of the game.Looks like this one was really special.Good luck playing on par with the rest of the “noobs,bad players,etc” now

Oh and Aneu,don’t worry so much about the confusion nerf,you don’t really need it to blob poor puggies in t7.

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

(edited by graverr.6473)

in WvW

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

As an engi with no confidtion damage or duration (cleric gear) running around with 10-15 stacks of might i could easily get 700+ damage per tick with a prybar. Confusion itself is really strong in actual WvW. Like someone mentionned earlier, if the only condition you have on you is confusion, you can either not use a skill nor dodge (even more important when specced for something on dodge), but try that in WvW when you get hit by like 5-6 different conditions. Not all classes/builds run 5+ cond removal and we cant choose what condition we want off. If I get hit by a 12 confusion stack burst and I need to grab my medkit + drop antidote + hope I get confusion off, meanwhile im being constantly hit, I get 2 confusion procs if im lucky and the extra damage dealt… I’m sorry, but the l2p argument is not a good one, it does way too much damage as is.

As for the argument of rerolling + regearing, stop your QQ. You need less than 100g to get from 1 to 80 and get fully geared in less than a day.

TL;DR the nerf was meant to be one day or an other, it doesnt make confusion useless, just makes it more balanced.

Then surely the problem is might stacking and Not the confusion mechanic.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

Right? Glamour is NOT god mode. It takes a fair amount of time to learn how to master Glamour mesmer. Thats what drew me to it and thats whats going to drive me from the game. I just started figuring out all the nuances and almost have my fully ascended Condition gear… FOR WHAT? If i move to another build… ALL my gear has to be replaced. I would rather cut my nuts off than go through that many fractals, Guild missions ( please GOD no more guild missions where I am turn into a kittening duck or some kitten and have to avoid red circles), or dungeon farming.

This is really a big issue Anet needs to consider. By eliminating the condition Mesmer they are really screwing over people that farmed a ton for their condition gear. It’s not just a matter or repeccing. Even I didn’t have the patience or time to grind ascended gear. I really sympathize with what this guy’s going through. They should at least make ascended gear account bound so you can move it to another character.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

As someone is plays a glam exclusively in wvw I have to admit it probably did need a nerf but 50% is too extreme. It pretty much forces us to play other builds, way to narrow our choices down Anet… GW2 already doesnt have the depth of builds that GW1 did and now they are taking more viable builds away from us,,, not that big of a surprise, they nerfed constantly in GW1.

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

I don’t see how you will be forced to respecc after a simple nerf to confusion.

Glamour mesmers have a ton of utility and survivability too, confusion was just one of the things that made them good.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Will Glamour builds actually be broken? My guild’s Mesmers run Condition/Glamour builds currently and I’d like to know if it’s actually going to hurt that bad if they don’t swap over to Power builds.

Can Glamour builds be run on Power setups?

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: ChapDev.7650

ChapDev.7650

As someone is plays a glam exclusively in wvw I have to admit it probably did need a nerf but 50% is too extreme. It pretty much forces us to play other builds, way to narrow our choices down Anet… GW2 already doesnt have the depth of builds that GW1 did and now they are taking more viable builds away from us,,, not that big of a surprise, they nerfed constantly in GW1.

I’m not sure if it needed the damage nerf to be honest just the way the damage was applied, For example I don’t think Confusion should damage on Elementalist Attunement swapping or using a healing/Cleanse utitility or Passive damage like a Thieves Caltrops should not do continued confusion damage to the thief if you know what I mean.

Really I think Confusion should have stayed at the same damage but caused damage on weapon slot skill use imo.

Bad Looking Necro Tryhard [BLNT] ~ Maguuma

in WvW

TonyDiMeglio.5461

Glamour mesmers have a ton of utility and survivability too, confusion was just one of the things that made them good.

You are joking right? All my damage pretty much comes from Confusion. The only other way I can damage is my Warden ( which rarely does any damage since all you have to do is move two clicks in any other direction. UNLESS i combod it to shoot more confusion out) or my Warlock. BOTH which usually die within a matter of seconds.

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

You are joking right? All my damage pretty much comes from Confusion. The only other way I can damage is my Warden ( which rarely does any damage since all you have to do is move two clicks in any other direction. UNLESS i combod it to shoot more confusion out) or my Warlock. BOTH which usually die within a matter of seconds.

I don’t think you understand my post at all.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

TonyDiMeglio.5461

This is really a big issue Anet needs to consider. By eliminating the condition Mesmer they are really screwing over people that farmed a ton for their condition gear. It’s not just a matter or repeccing. Even I didn’t have the patience or time to grind ascended gear. I really sympathize with what this guy’s going through. They should at least make ascended gear account bound so you can move it to another character.

Not to mention the fact that i went with FULL Apothecary gear. You cant buy that with tokens ANYWHERE in the game and each piece is at least 4 gold each.

AWESOME.

in WvW

TonyDiMeglio.5461

I don’t think you understand my post at all.

I do understand your post.. but taking away 50% of their damage is pretty much destroying the build. There are way better support builds for Mesmers and who would want to play Glamour support?

in WvW

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

your build shouldn’t be based solely around confusion/1 condition skill

in WvW

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

confusion damage is just ridiculous.

not even going into other builds.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in WvW

TonyDiMeglio.5461

Well I dont really have many other reliable conditions… so as a condition based mesmer… yes it should be.

Get the kitten out of here.

in WvW

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

It’s how Anet designed it: 5 traits relative to glamour fields and confusion. If you chose those traits you won’t be able to have any other effective condition.

in WvW

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

Well I dont really have many other reliable conditions… so as a condition based mesmer… yes it should be.

Get the kitten out of here.

lol      

in WvW

Posted by: Torres.2890

Torres.2890

It didn’t need a fix. And nice job Anet on “discussing” WvW changes to players that only kittening play sPvP. It’s always the same people from Team Parakitten on the SOTG.
I’m amazed how nobody objects changes at all. Bunch of sheep just nodding yes the entire video.

Baruch Bay.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

account bound aint gonna change the fact, that all the grinding was for nothing as most of the mesmer builds got destroyed with that nerf. So i finally get my abyssal scepter and all that ascended gear right and i am used to condition builds so i am used to certain weapons, well bye bye all that i am forced to run shatter now and extreem glasscanon with a whole new set of weapons which i barely use. hello another 80 gold for a build i don’t wanna use but am forced to use now.

people are scarred in spvp from a condition mesmer?yeah rrriiiiiight!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

When another MMO comes along, I’m gonna be tempted to leave now. Big time.

+1. The whole reason I left WoW after eight years was because they dumbed everything down to make it so anyone who can faceroll a keyboard could play well. Skill failed to matter. Sad for me to see this game follow that same model, and I doubt this is the end of it. Confusion was a great thing IMHO – killed the bads, forced the good players to play well.

Next thing you know, GW2 will have playable pandas.

Oh, I’ll still be in the game – but I really can’t wait for something else to come along.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

TonyDiMeglio.5461

account bound aint gonna change the fact, that all the grinding was for nothing as most of the mesmer builds got destroyed with that nerf. So i finally get my abyssal scepter and all that ascended gear right and i am used to condition builds so i am used to certain weapons, well bye bye all that i am forced to run shatter now and extreem glasscanon with a whole new set of weapons which i barely use. hello another 80 gold for a build i don’t wanna use but am forced to use now.

people are scarred in spvp from a condition mesmer?yeah rrriiiiiight!

Exactly. I am going to all my kitten right now figuring out a Shatter build that

I DONT WANT TO PLAY.

And for all those people that will say “Then dont play mesmer”

Let me completely destroy your build you have been working on and/or playing for months and see how you feel about it.

in WvW

TonyDiMeglio.5461

And every Glamour mesmer is going to play Shatter build … own on it… and then enough r – kitten will complain and they will nerf shatter.

Lets just delete the Mesmer now shall we?

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

And every Glamour mesmer is going to play Shatter build … own on it… and then enough r – kitten will complain and they will nerf shatter.

or we just faceroll them with our new “forced to have” builds and destroy them over and over and over again untill all the qq’er wish they would have never nerfed confusion as they created a monster.

(btw 6 months mesmer building and grinding and playing different builds, all with confusion though, 1700 hours playtime)

hello huge crit shatter build i hate u,but hey thats what they forced me to use now, so i can’t wait to see all those new uplevels out there and new wvw players that still got the invader title.i’ll focus on u guys as aparently that’s the reason we get this giant nerf!

oh and if there is a panda out there in future:I’ll find u!!!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

These would have been proper ways to fix confusion:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Confusion-1/first#post1886024
Well, at least now I could spec back to a power build which is also viable in PvE, but probably I’ll just quit playing as I won’t spend another 500k karma on gear.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I just hope mesmers and engineers have other skills buffed to compensate.

Yay! More turret buffs!

>.<

One less Engie build to worry about.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Oh and Aneu,don’t worry so much about the confusion nerf,you don’t really need it to blob poor puggies in t7.

We only run with 2 mesmers usually 3 at a push so its not like we really care about this nerf affecting us and it wont affect our damage output at all really but its the precedent that this nerf sets by dumbing down mechanics or degrading damage on mechanics that require a slight bit of thought to counter.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

TonyDiMeglio.5461

or we just faceroll them with our new “forced to have” builds and destroy them over and over and over again untill all the qq’er wish they would have never nerfed confusion as they created a monster.

(btw 6 months mesmer building and grinding and playing different builds, all with confusion though, 1700 hours playtime)

hello huge crit shatter build i hate u,but hey thats what they forced me to use now, so i can’t wait to see all those new uplevels out there and new wvw players that still got the invader title.i’ll focus on u guys as aparently that’s the reason we get this giant nerf!

oh and if there is a panda out there in future:I’ll find u!!!

Exactly.

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Another good proof that anet balances for casual noobs. I quess they buy more ridiculous virtual clothes from the item mall.
Yah, condition mesmer is now useless, as is the condition engineer. Whatever, I only play thief nowdays anyway. Simple* to play and more effective in 90% of situations that doesn’t involve a zerg.

To compensate, they definitely should reduce the thief bs damage by half. Not to mention that kittening utterly ridiculous skill called shadow refuge:
1/4 cast time, 10+sec stealth, heals allies, stealths allies, is a dark field, 60sec cool down without traits.

*I often watch Emmerdale while rolling against 2 on my condition thief.

exactly, fight nerfs with more kittening and moaning. If Confusion really gets nerfed, let’s all gang up and kitten about other classes abilities, that’s how it always goes in MMOs. You dont get balance, you get revenge by getting other classes nerfed to be equal to your main class.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I personally did not think damage was the issue, rather the number of stacks. Rather have seen the damage left alone and just cap the number of stacks so that a person has a chance to react to suddenly being hit with stacks and not one shot themselves on an already triggered attack.

ANET is all about the easy, quick and lazy approaches to fixes though, so not surprising this is what they did.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Evo Nightcrawler.1902

Evo Nightcrawler.1902

ANET is definitely following the BFBC2/BF3 philosophy for nerfs.
If <insert skill/weapon> kills me, it is OP and needs to be nerfed. At this rate, I’m expecting every class to have 1 identical attack and heal skill by the end of the year.

[RE] Commander – Dragonbrand
Evo Nightcrawler/Good Guy Mesmer/Good Guy Thief
Former [EMP], [TSym]

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Well it’s official. Our glorious purple swirls of confusion will be broken. Destroyed. Rendered essentially useless. The forces that be caved to the lamentations of warriors and thieves everywhere. A 50% damage reduction

So… not destroyed, then. Thanks for making that clear.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

I personally did not think damage was the issue, rather the number of stacks. Rather have seen the damage left alone and just cap the number of stacks so that a person has a chance to react to suddenly being hit with stacks and not one shot themselves on an already triggered attack.

ANET is all about the easy, quick and lazy approaches to fixes though, so not surprising this is what they did.

The lazy fix was back when they doubled confusion damage for PVE balance. They did this because MOBs attack so slowly they had to increase the damage to make confusion builds viable for PVE. Since WvW rule sets were bound to PvE the change went in for WvW as well.

The problem with Anet is that they don’t fix obvious issues fast enough so a bunch of people went confusion builds and got the gear to support it. The same people who say that it is only good at killing bads are the same people who leveled a class to 80 and invested their time and money into building a gear set to exploit it. It always amazes me how many people will reroll into classes and builds that are only good at killing bad players.

I wish i’d recorded my ranger playing yesterday, that highlights Confusion killing stupid people in PvP.

I got into a fight on my ranger with 2 Heart Seeking Spamming Thieves…That’s basically all they did…was spam Heart Seeker like nubs.

I pain inverted them and watch them proceed to kill themselves spamming HS on me….

It was a prime example of why Confusion doesn’t need a nerf…People just need to quit being stupid and play better.

Which would you say is worse? Someone killing themselves on confusion or a ranger killing themselves on wall of reflection? I’m going with the wall of reflection since it is far more obvious and has a much smaller uptime than confusion in most cases.

Would you be okay with wall of reflection doubling or tripling the damage that it reflects? I mean, it would only kill bad players anyway. Right?

http://youtu.be/Y9vnb9yCslQ?t=31s

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

This was sure nerf. Come on… I play warrior banner with a build and gear i like and whenever I would encounter a zerg using stacks of confusions i had to switch to pvt gear soldier’s rune and healing shouts traited with 3 shouts to clean up to 4 conditions in 30sec timeframe + the heal+3condition removal (total 7cleanse). I hate to HAVE to play specific build to keep my zerg and myself alive, I had a specific gear and a set up specially to counter this OP mesmer stack of confusion so now at least we will be able to play like we want. When a specific build push others to run another specific build to counter it then something is broke. TY Anet to fix that.
Nerf Hammer Hit Hard but Fair.

(edited by Titan.3472)

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

I will continue run a confusion build, as I have from the very beginning (though Ive been changing confusion build variants every so often). I think the issue I have is that confusion is so much at the core of mesmer, doing a seemingly blind (number-wise) nerf doesn’t seem to be a very smart way to do it. They could have reworked the mechanic so that it is easier to deal with, maybe did less damage, but not an overall blanket nerf. It seems like they just had to think of a number, and 50% sounded good. As such, I think glamour builds aren’t “dead”, just that the only mesmers left using it will the mesmers who took time to be good at their confusion build.

As such, I find it laughable at how much people whine about mesmers over stuff, it gets nerfed, and nerfed, and nerfed, and we rarely get stuff back. Soon enough, when there is a huge influx of shatter mesmers, people will start a massive forum QQ-festival about how mesmers making so many clones is OP. Shatter builds are boring to play, so, I’m staying with my glamour build, or by “glamour rez” build.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Why are people bringing up BS thieves lol?

Glamour mesmers are extremely tanky while at the same time dealing extreme amounts of damage. That’s not how thieves function.

Confusion is one of the few viable mesmer builds that works against elite sword + d/x or SB thieves in duels. Though good counter against certain type builds, I never found confusion spec op in duels. I lost to condition thieves, condition rangers, certain type guards and to glassy phant mesmers. I also lost to good enough d/d eles once they learnt to watch their dodges after a few failures.
Oh yea, tanky phant spec might also work against those thieves but who wants to play that crap: it gives you ties 90% of time.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in WvW

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

My first choice when I levelled my Mesmer was the Shatter build. Turns out its freakingly easy to play, won a 5vs1 within a few hours of gearing up. I like a challenge, and Shatter just made me feel like I roflstomped, so she got a bit benched. It’s also impossible to run it in my WvW raids, my lack of toughness = insta death, and the overall usefulness of her… Not so great.

Two days ago I thought I’d level a second Mesmer for the Glamour build. Spent ages on a spec, testing all sorts out. She’s level 67 and I figured I’d finish her off today and gear her. Now I’m at a loss of what to do with her, there’s no point speccing Shatter, I already have one haha, no point in two.

Do you guys think it’s worth me speccing her up for confusion still? Or should I wait out the nerf and decide after?

Wait….you leveled 2 seperate Mesmers, just for different builds? You are aware of the respec option the trainers give right? XD

Haha
When a build requires totally different gear I figure why not a new character? Takes a couple of days to get max level, might as well have a lot of shiny characters!

Got 2nd Mesmer to 80 now. Really don’t know what to do with her. Do I take the risk and just gear her anyway? or wait?

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in WvW

TonyDiMeglio.5461

This was sure nerf. Come on… I play warrior banner with a build and gear i like and whenever I would encounter a zerg using stacks of confusions i had to switch to pvt gear soldier’s rune and healing shouts traited with 3 shouts to clean up to 4 conditions in 30sec timeframe + the heal+3condition removal (total 7cleanse). I hate to HAVE to play specific build to keep my zerg and myself alive, I had a specific gear and a set up specially to counter this OP mesmer stack of confusion so now at least we will be able to play like we want. When a specific build push others to run another specific build to counter it then something is broke. TY Anet to fix that.
Nerf Hammer Hit Hard but Fair.

You are a Drama Queen. Sorry you and your zerg are kitten but it does not take all THAT to deal with a glamour confusion mesmer.

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

Confusion is one of the few viable mesmer builds that works against elite sword + d/x or SB thieves in duels. Though good counter against certain type builds, I never found confusion spec op in duels. I lost to condition thieves, condition rangers, certain type guards and to glassy phant mesmers. I also lost to good enough d/d eles once they learnt to watch their dodges after a few failures.
Oh yea, tanky phant spec might also work against those thieves but who wants to play that crap: it gives you ties 90% of time.

What’s the purpose of WvW? Solo killing players or large scale battles?

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: wispi.2194

wispi.2194

Well it’s official. Our glorious purple swirls of confusion will be broken. Destroyed. Rendered essentially useless. The forces that be caved to the lamentations of warriors and thieves everywhere. A 50% damage reduction will render Mesmer glam builds extinct, along with the confusion engineer. Many brave forum warriors died to prevent this needless nerf. But we failed. Now nothing stands between the massive, mindless hordes of button mashing mega-zergs. Don’t come crying to us when you can’t break up that mob camping your spawn. Don’t come crying to us when your keep is wiped in seconds. Those days are over! Most condition Mesmers, myself included, will retrait power shatter builds. All that carrion / rabid gear we grinded is useless. But we still have one last weekend to give confusion the noble funeral it deserves.

I call on all confusion Mesmers! Rise up! Storm WvW this weekend in one last huzzah of glorious pink spirals!!! They’ve called us OP, they’ve QQ’d us into extinction! Let them feel our wrath one last time!!

And post your new builds below or what class you are going to re-roll as. Post how you think this will effect WvW long term. Discuss.

The bad players will still die to confusion, just not as quickly. I wouldn’t panic just yet.

The interesting thing is that condition removal is also getting tweaked so that the good players won’t be able to ignore confusion as easily, as they already are doing.

I used to die to confusion until I learned what it was. Then I laughed at myself for killing myself. I cannot remember the last time I died to confusion, probably months. But, I have so much condition removal as a support Elementalist. It is not that I am a good player, which I am not. I just learned what confusion was and stopped killing myself with it.

It will be interesting with my condition removal being lessened.

Wispi of Dragonbrand (since headstart), Guild: Elephant Ambush [EA], 80 Staff Elementalist

(edited by wispi.2194)

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Think I will just grab my warrior, leap in and hammer burst on all those boons for 8-12k on every target – should knock a few down with the help of some friends.

Seems like any build that actually needs much skill to play well gets nerfed whilst failing to address many central issues, such as rangers being half a class in so many situations- no other class loses half it’s damage so often and in so many situation…

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Seems like any build that actually needs much skill to play well gets nerfed whilst failing to address many central issues, such as rangers being half a class in so many situations- no other class loses half it’s damage so often and in so many situation…

… Except of course Mesmers, which loose about as much damage when their illusions get killed.

in WvW

Posted by: Sega Mega Dave.4195

Sega Mega Dave.4195

So let me get this right.

Thieves can invis for far too long then attack you with huge numbers and then stealth again. Repeat and rinse. That’s ok?

Warriors spam 2 buttons and hit with huge numbers. That’s ok?

Condition Mesmers pray on people who are useless at the game and pay no attention to whats going on. Conditions can easily be removed and are very hard to maintain. Nerf the hell out of it.

So what we can confirm then is all Anet care about is pleasing those who have no idea what they’re doing.

Along with these uneeded nerfs and the buggy crap they have produced that’s WvW, they’re on a roll.

Knee Deep In Crit [CRIT] – Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

What’s the purpose of WvW? Solo killing players or large scale battles?

If they want to balance the large scale battles, then confusion isn’t where to start from. They should start from fixing their broken match-making system that has sucked since release.
That’s the first thing. After that they should look into boon stacking, blobbing tactics and perhaps the Mesmer skill Veil. But I don’t think they play their own game …

At some point you might then consider tuning down the confusion, that is, the glamour builds as we are balancing for the big fights here. However, that doesn’t mean that they should outright cut half all confusion damage – that’s bad because it affects all builds that use confusion, not only the particular tactic that you want to balance. The correct fix here would be to tune the glamour related traits so that “glamour bombing” would no longer be as powerful. But again, I don’t think they play their own game… Well at least they don’t really seem to care for it.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

It’s the only condition a mesmer has. Why don’t you people get this. We have some with the staff auto attack, but that is dependent on clones for damage, which are insta killed.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.