Patchnotes regarding WvW, May 28th

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

WvW players don’t have any laurels at all.

By making it require laurels, you are requiring the WvW player to do extensive PvE just to get any ascended equipment.

Please reconsider.

Lol he is right and he got infracted.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Daethonfoot.3516

Daethonfoot.3516

I find the WvW cost a bit too high on the laurels, simply because the pve crowd got a 6 month head start.
That should be calculated too, when comparing the ‘time cost’.

Other than that, I still think the whole ascended gear idea is a bad joke, but that’s just my view on gearing up in this game.

you are a genius why cant all people be less kittened like you?

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

ANet is jumping through hoops to make the gear as accessible as possible.

8 Months for a vendor is hardly jumping through a kittening hoop by any stretch of the imagination. At this point it doesn’t matter, when something that doesn’t focus on firing a kittening arrowcart comes wvw will be a desert anyways.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

(edited by Odaman.8359)

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

but ya its still gonna take 566875763 trillion years to gear my 5 wvw toons. Thanks a-net. I wont be forced to play fractals so I guess ill be a lowly wvw peon for ever.

So, you’re characters are in full exotics and you keep dying in WvW and you think it’s because everyone else has ascended gear?

try growing the kitten up and responding with something more intelligent/relevant

what they were saying is that the gains from having ascended gear are not yet so great as to make you as you said “a lowly wvw peon”.

ah ok I understand. so ascended is like handicap for pve players? ya maybe I should just man up and realize they need it.

The only thing it does for pve players is keeping fractals from one shotting them. There are “WvW” players worse than some pve players even with those wvw players having ascended gear.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

banning ascended gear from wvw would fix the imbalance too. but that would be a shame. you should just hook wvw players up instead of making them second rate.

Lolz. There is already a PvP system in place like that… called… um.. sPvP? Where everyone is limited to the same possible sets of gear, and you get to go in and stomp other players to your hearts content.

WvW isn’t PvP, it is just PvE with a easier to troll AI.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

We included the laurel cost to prevent the economy from suddenly being blown out and to not invalidate the ways PvE players can get ascended items already. This system means that it is faster to get them in WvW, especially for players who already have badges, without being so much faster that everyone only gets them in this manner. As for the difficulty of acquiring laurels in WvW, we have taken steps to address that, including the fact that there will always be 3 daily achievements that are WvW specific. Speaking personally, I’ve been able to achieve my dailies in WvW even without that change, but this should make it even easier.

I have three level 80’s and 7 sets of gear. It will take me over 12 months to get the 490 laurels I need. Is that how you intended the system to work? Should I go play another MMO while I grind out my dailies?

Actually, yes. Ascended was made to fill a time-sink between that required to get exotics (non-existent) and legendary (forever, give or take an hour). For the minor stat increase involved it’s not like there’s any notable disadvantage as you would see in carrot-styled MMOs where gear matters significantly between tiers. It’s a modest increase for a modest time investment that ultimately isn’t necessary.

(1) Legendary weapons have nothing to do with this issue. I don’t have one and will never get one.

(2) A “time investment” of 12 months is not modest.

(1) Legendary weapons have everything to do with the issue where time sinks were concerned. There was a humongous time gap between exotics and legendaries that, quite frankly, needed to be filled. People were getting full exotics and not seeing a progression flavored goal that felt somewhat reachable.

(2). Per character. Took a few months to get my mesmer in ascended. It was fine… the marginal increase never held be back from being effective in WvW.

That’s great man, but we’re not talking about effectiveness in WvW and we’re not talking about the time sink involved in getting a legendary. I’m sure you have valid points to make on those subjects but that has nothing to do with the point I was making.

As I mentioned in my original post I have three level 80’s and 7, almost 8 sets of full exotic gear. If I want to upgrade all that gear to ascended I will need 490 laurels, 380 counting what I have now. That would mean earning all the dailies and the monthlies for the next 12 months. That makes no sense and I think most people would agree with me. The easier option, and the option I think most people will end up taking is just to suck it up and run fractals.

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

in WvW

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

We included the laurel cost to prevent the economy from suddenly being blown out and to not invalidate the ways PvE players can get ascended items already. This system means that it is faster to get them in WvW, especially for players who already have badges, without being so much faster that everyone only gets them in this manner. As for the difficulty of acquiring laurels in WvW, we have taken steps to address that, including the fact that there will always be 3 daily achievements that are WvW specific. Speaking personally, I’ve been able to achieve my dailies in WvW even without that change, but this should make it even easier.

ARGHH :\
The point isn’t about the “difficult” but the method…
A WvW player-only is forced to do something useless everyday that has nothing to do with the pvp for a single item. Gathering, kills npcs (kill variety), crafting, kill npcs in pve zones (mobs in ascalon/maguuma – veterans – pve events), ambient killer etc..
Why i have to wait 20+ days doing pve stuff for a pvp item? Why ectos are required? What about them and wvw?
Wanna make the hard to take? indeed totally agree, no one says that we wanna the easy win but meh.. this is ridiculous. I bought the game for the pvp not becouse i like collecting ectos o mining.. becouse for that minecraft is better.

in WvW

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

Answer this.. What am I supposed to do with all the badges I have right now? I have 8 laurels, some ascended items, stacks of superior rams, arrow arts etc.. I am sitting on over 4000 badges rotting in my bank that I was hoping to finally spend. What do I use them for Devon?

You claim you don’t want to blow up the economy yet you neglect the WvW community for months and release a lame patch that does nothing new for us. At least let us trade badges for laurels and for kittens sake please give us a non fractal way to get an ascended back piece. Listen to the community. We have been screaming for months. The only reason you don’t see a mass exodus is because the next great game isn’t here yet.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Daethonfoot.3516

banning ascended gear from wvw would fix the imbalance too. but that would be a shame. you should just hook wvw players up instead of making them second rate.

Lolz. There is already a PvP system in place like that… called… um.. sPvP? Where everyone is limited to the same possible sets of gear, and you get to go in and stomp other players to your hearts content.

WvW isn’t PvP, it is just PvE with a easier to troll AI.

lol another arrogant spvp dude that says wvw isn’t pvp. It has real players versus other real players. It is less tructured large scale pvp. Stop thinking you are special for spvp.

in WvW

Daethonfoot.3516

Answer this.. What am I supposed to do with all the badges I have right now? I have 8 laurels, some ascended items, stacks of superior rams, arrow arts etc.. I am sitting on over 4000 badges rotting in my bank that I was hoping to finally spend. What do I use them for Devon?

You claim you don’t want to blow up the economy yet you neglect the WvW community for months and release a lame patch that does nothing new for us. At least let us trade badges for laurels and for kittens sake please give us a non fractal way to get an ascended back piece. Listen to the community. We have been screaming for months. The only reason you don’t see a mass exodus is because the next great game isn’t here yet.

better wake up devon. tell those fractal spooks at a net to shove it. We need your help in stopping us wvw players from getting kittened over and over again plz help. you aren’t helping.

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

Badges should be tradeable for skill points and runes/sigils imo. Also! Give siege to your server mates, there is always someone in need of siege. I’ve used badges to buy siege for commanders from time to time.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Well, that is if you discout the PvE’ers who sit and grind fractals constantly and are able to get 50-60 rings that they don’t want. The statement SHOULD be “This makes it faster for WvWer’s to be guaranteed the ascended gear that they want faster than PvE’ers.” However, there are plenty of people out there who grind fractals nonstop and get quite a few ascended gear, meanwhile, WvW really has NO way to get ascended from RNG in the same way. So, in fact, it might actually take a WvW person slower. That being said, I personally think Ascended is COMPLETELY over rated unless you do fractals, since the stat increase is marginal. A zerg wearing full ascended is really no different than a zerg wearing full exotic. But, the statement that it is faster to get them with laurels in WvW is silly, because it’d be “faster” to just grind fractals for a couple weeks (still under 25/30 days for laurels), you’re just not guaranteed to get the piece you want. That’s what the laurels give you, a guarantee ,nothing else.

Personally, I would have rather seen some new cosmetic stuff, that is WvW only. The new “skins” they gave us a while back in WvW were really just the same skins in PvE, so it didn’t add anything. I’d be awesome if WvW could have some exclusive skins for the hardcore WvW’ers (maybe include a little PvE to “make” or something, similar to how legendaries are MOSTLY PvE with a little WvW)

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I have three level 80’s and 7 sets of gear. It will take me over 12 months to get the 490 laurels I need. Is that how you intended the system to work? Should I go play another MMO while I grind out my dailies?

Actually, yes. Ascended was made to fill a time-sink between that required to get exotics (non-existent) and legendary (forever, give or take an hour). For the minor stat increase involved it’s not like there’s any notable disadvantage as you would see in carrot-styled MMOs where gear matters significantly between tiers. It’s a modest increase for a modest time investment that ultimately isn’t necessary.

(1) Legendary weapons have nothing to do with this issue. I don’t have one and will never get one.

(1) Legendary weapons have everything to do with the issue where time sinks were concerned. There was a humongous time gap between exotics and legendaries that, quite frankly, needed to be filled. People were getting full exotics and not seeing a progression flavored goal that felt somewhat reachable.

(2). Per character. Took a few months to get my mesmer in ascended. It was fine… the marginal increase never held be back from being effective in WvW.

That’s great man, but we’re not talking about effectiveness in WvW and we’re not talking about the time sink involved in getting a legendary. I’m sure you have valid points to make on those subjects but that has nothing to do with the point I was making.

As I mentioned in my original post I have three level 80’s and 7, almost 8 sets of full exotic gear. If I want to upgrade all that gear to ascended I will need 490 laurels, 380 counting what I have now. That would mean earning all the dailies and the monthlies for the next 12 months. That makes no sense and I think most people would agree with me. The easier option, and the option I think most people will end up taking is just to suck it up and run fractals.

The only thing running Fractals will do for you is give you another option to get the rings, period. You won’t get any additional access to amulets or accessories that way.

As for effectiveness… if you’re in full exotics, you’re effective. Period. The nominal increases from ascended have little effect in WvW where a single dodge, block, avoid, move out of range, etc. completely negates any apparent numerical advantage people on paper. Full berserker to berserker upgrading, five pieces (not back piece) netted, when including crit chance and damage, a grand total of some 5 to 7% increase in total raw damage. So if I hit for 1000, that became a whopping 1050. That’s it. One dodge, one well timed heal, it’s meaningless. If you’re better you’ll still be better regardless of whether or not that guy you just got the loot bag from had ascended items.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Tekyn.5376

The only thing running Fractals will do for you is give you another option to get the rings, period. You won’t get any additional access to amulets or accessories that way.

As for effectiveness… if you’re in full exotics, you’re effective. Period. The nominal increases from ascended have little effect in WvW where a single dodge, block, avoid, move out of range, etc. completely negates any apparent numerical advantage people on paper. Full berserker to berserker upgrading, five pieces (not back piece) netted, when including crit chance and damage, a grand total of some 5 to 7% increase in total raw damage. So if I hit for 1000, that became a whopping 1050. That’s it. One dodge, one well timed heal, it’s meaningless. If you’re better you’ll still be better regardless of whether or not that guy you just got the loot bag from had ascended items.

Read my signature.

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Traps. Supply traps are proving to be quite useful used properly.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

Daethonfoot, no game prospers when part of its player base is actively defaming and ostricizing the others.

The reason wvw needs more love is that pve gets a lot of cool stuff, and if wvw got more cool stuff more people who only pve now may find out they like wvw. More WvW as with most pvp formats generally means a stronger game. People may like pve but it has been my experience that pvp and the community it breeds among team-mates is THE best way to develop a love for a game. Anet should want every aspect of their game to be engaging and until wvw gets some serious attention and love that just won’t be the case. There is a beautiful and awe-inspiring pve world out there but Anet has a chance to make a WvW experience that people will talk about as long as people have talked about Daoc and i don’t want them to squander that chance.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Read my signature.

Trolled by data? I sat down over a couple days and calculated it all out. It’s really that marginal of an increase.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Mooodster.3470

Mooodster.3470

might add gear for alt or siege prints to this here list

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Well, that is if you discout the PvE’ers who sit and grind fractals constantly and are able to get 50-60 rings that they don’t want. The statement SHOULD be “This makes it faster for WvWer’s to be guaranteed the ascended gear that they want faster than PvE’ers.” However, there are plenty of people out there who grind fractals nonstop and get quite a few ascended gear, meanwhile, WvW really has NO way to get ascended from RNG in the same way. …

Actually, that’s not entirely accurate. Your WvW leveling chests have a chance to drop an ascended ring.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Crap, you’re right. You can get full alternate sets of gear, siege blueprints… good point, thanks for the reminder.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

I don’t understand why WvW players don’t have laurels. WvW is pretty much all I do and I had all my ascended gear except for one accessory which I just bought today from the WvW laurel vendor. The daily laurel quest has always been easy and is even more easy now. If you have made the choice in the past not to gear up by doing this ridiculously easy quest everyday during the course of playing WvW then you need to live with that choice now and stop complaining. You messed up by not taking advantage of the opportunities available, shut up and live with the consequences.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Tekyn.5376

Read my signature.

Trolled by data? I sat down over a couple days and calculated it all out. It’s really that marginal of an increase.

I am not debating data with you. You are having a conversation with yourself mate.

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Read my signature.

I am not debating data with you. You are having a conversation with yourself mate.

Ah, ok. Well, at least someone’s listening then.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Berserk.2830

Berserk.2830

I find the WvW cost a bit too high on the laurels, simply because the pve crowd got a 6 month head start.

Other than that, I still think the whole ascended gear idea is a bad joke, but that’s just my view on gearing up in this game.

I agree.

Arnet should have made it so you get 1 laurel with each rank chest (past or present chest) to compensate for the time difference. That would have at least balanced the time difference for pve players and wvw players.

Or they could have made it so you could also exchange 250 badges for 1 “wvw” laurel and that laurel can only be used for wvw ascended gear, but the wvw vendor see’s it as a normal laurel so it can be used with daily/monthly laurels.

Taddyy [PK]

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

I agree.

Arnet should have made it so you get 1 laurel with each rank chest (past or present chest) to compensate for the time difference. That would have at least balanced the time difference for pve players and wvw players.

Or they could have made it so you could also exchange 250 badges for 1 “wvw” laurel and that laurel can only be used for wvw ascended gear, but the wvw vendor see’s it as a normal laurel so it can be used with daily/monthly laurels.

How would that have been fair then? I’ve missed maybe a handful of dailies at most, so this would be a huge boon of laurels for me that frankly I haven’t earned. There is no time difference. Just people that chose to do their dailies as well and those that didn’t.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

I don’t understand why WvW players don’t have laurels. WvW is pretty much all I do and I had all my ascended gear except for one accessory which I just bought today from the WvW laurel vendor. The daily laurel quest has always been easy and is even more easy now. If you have made the choice in the past not to gear up by doing this ridiculously easy quest everyday during the course of playing WvW then you need to live with that choice now and stop complaining. You messed up by not taking advantage of the opportunities available, shut up and live with the consequences.

God I wish this was a wvw loading screen comment. Right in the middle there so all these whiners would just kitten already and deal with it.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Beachead.4127

Can’t.. I need laurels so I have to wait days to do my daily… In the meantime I amass more badges. I average about 100 badges a day on the days I feel like logging in.

Don’t even get me started on traps…

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: tyandam.8962

tyandam.8962

why add more gear and not fix obvious class flaws?
why cant i hold all of these limes?

Attachments:

Dev 1: Ele’s are OP
Dev 2: Nerf warriors?
~Dwagonband~

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Can’t.. I need laurels so I have to wait days to do my daily… In the meantime I amass more badges. I average about 100 badges a day on the days I feel like logging in.

Sorry, meant exotics. You can buy full sets of exotics with badges for alts or your main if you want to try a different build.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Yes, because 25 days to get one ring is much faster than 10.

EDIT: Also, what economy? Badges and ascended gear can’t be traded to other players…

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

(edited by ParaldaWind.4523)

in WvW

Beachead.4127

God I wish this was a wvw loading screen comment. Right in the middle there so all these whiners would just kitten already and deal with it.

We have been doing the dailies… We also have tons of badges eating bank space with nothing real to spend it on… Everyone has enough badges… It’s the fact that we have to wait on laurels to spend the badges.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Beachead.4127

Sorry, meant exotics. You can buy full sets of exotics with badges for alts or your main if you want to try a different build.

My alts already are in full exotics with a few ascended pieces.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

You can get ascended in the wvw rank chests as well. Laurals is not the only way for WvWers to get ascended anymore.

But continue with your whining. As you were.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: IKaikiasI.1932

IKaikiasI.1932

in WvW

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

A few laurels less, a few more WvW ways to complete the daily for those laurels, and a few badges to be added to the daily laurels.

This took how many months indeed?

You lot have been busting your kittens of for WvW, in between events and stories have you?

I know it sounds harsh, but I have to be honest here: all the drama aside, this is all extremely underwhelming in terms of WvW innovations.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I also love that they couldn’t just give us wvw chests for the levels we’ve already earned. They have to ration them out as we continue to play.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Already have badges, they just need to remove the laurels from being needed in wvw.

Magumer Ranger

in WvW

Ynot.8397

We have been doing the dailies… We also have tons of badges eating bank space with nothing real to spend it on… Everyone has enough badges… It’s the fact that we have to wait on laurels to spend the badges.

I don’t have nearly as many badges as even the worst T1 player because I am in T8. Can I get a fix for that? Buy siege and give it away to other people. Go do some pve content. Getting level 10 in fractals takes no time at all. You can get that ascended back piece at random starting at level 1 in fractals. You can get the rings at level 10. You can make decent money in fractals. You can get 20 slot bags from fractals.

People need to stop complaining. There are methods people can use to get these better gear pieces. If you guys are mad that pve players can get better gear and you can’t I don’t understand. Pve players are competing against the content, not other players. PVE PLAYERS GAIN NO ADVANTAGE OVER YOU, ONLY THE CONTENT THEY CHOOSE TO PLAY.

Stop whining…

in WvW

Posted by: Berserk.2830

Berserk.2830

How would that have been fair then? I’ve missed maybe a handful of dailies at most, so this would be a huge boon of laurels for me that frankly I haven’t earned. There is no time difference. Just people that chose to do their dailies as well and those that didn’t.

How did you not earn it? Fotm has been out for 6 months and everyone who’s done it has tons of ascended gear. In that time wvw players didn’t get anything, so how would giving them 1 laurel for a rank chest not be fair? Arnet would just be showing wvw players some love for neglecting them for so long.

Taddyy [PK]

in WvW

Ynot.8397

I also love that they couldn’t just give us wvw chests for the levels we’ve already earned. They have to ration them out as we continue to play.

That is to stop the market from getting flooded from the THOUSANDS of ectos all of those rares would provide. You would devalue almost everything in GW2 if everyone got their chests right now.

in WvW

Beachead.4127

I don’t have nearly as many badges as even the worst T1 player because I am in T8. Can I get a fix for that? Buy siege and give it away to other people. Go do some pve content. Getting level 10 in fractals takes no time at all. You can get that ascended back piece at random starting at level 1 in fractals. You can get the rings at level 10. You can make decent money in fractals. You can get 20 slot bags from fractals.

People need to stop complaining. There are methods people can use to get these better gear pieces. If you guys are mad that pve players can get better gear and you can’t I don’t understand. Pve players are competing against the content, not other players. PVE PLAYERS GAIN NO ADVANTAGE OVER YOU, ONLY THE CONTENT THEY CHOOSE TO PLAY.

Stop whining…

So your solution to Anet’s broken promises is to go play other elements of the game I hate… Yea lets all be apathetic and not voice our opinion and call everyone else a whiner because they have been keeping up on all the promises that have been called out and are sick and tired of Anet’s lack of attention and poor execution on WvW since launch. Such whiners….

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Assuming all your ascended gear is through laurels, not counting back piece

For 3 characters

2 accessories (80×3 laurels),
2 rings( 70×3)
1 amulet (60x 3)
Total = 240+210+180 = 630 laurels

PvErs

They CHOOSE to grind fractals so they can negate the time cost of rings

Laurels 630-210 = 420 (10 months)

PvErs CHOOSE to do guild missions to negate some of the time cost of accessories.
( guild missions also can be done only on a weekly basis)

Accessories are 12 commendations x 2 accessories x 3 chars = 60

Assuming average of 4 commendations a week. To get 60 = 15 weeks or 3.5 months roughly

Laurels 420-240 = 180 ( 4.5 months roughly)

So PvErs who utilize all sources to get the ascended gear can expect 3 BiS characters in 4.5 months. Lets round it to 5.

PvPers

They get wvw chests with ascended gear for doing what they have been doing all this time, no extra effort.

Laurels 630-210 = 420 ( roughly 10 months)

Some* PvPers ignore guild missions and cry about time costs

TL:DR

Don’t expect to get the same item in the same time frame as others if you are not using all the opportunities that speed the process up.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

(edited by Kronyx.2570)

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

That is to stop the market from getting flooded from the THOUSANDS of ectos all of those rares would provide. You would devalue almost everything in GW2 if everyone got their chests right now.

I don’t think so. John Smith is always talking about how the economy is so much bigger than we could possibly imagine, and that it can’t be so easily influenced.

Plus the chest only give coins and badges for sure, there is a “chance” for other stuff only a small number of which are salvagable for ectos.

People have been harvesting world bosses for months, which are guaranteed to drop rares, all that’s done is keep the cost of ecto’s at about 20s.

I’d more likely believe that they simply cannot queue enough chests without some getting lost.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Earrings are the same as the NPC in LA. Laurels and globs. No reduced cost for badges. -.-

Aaaannnndddd ascended backs are still ONLY available through doing fractals. Even if you want to do the t6 mat version… you still need to go get a vial from doing fractals.

What the kitten a-net. MONTHS later and we get this kitten.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

ANET can not win with most WvWers when it comes to ascended gear, as they dropped the ball horribly, early on when ascended gear was implemented for those who pve. The lack of insight or understanding the possible backlash from those in WvW is well ….. startling. Its seems that those that only WvW can’t and won’t let this go, which is justified.

You didn’t want to invalidate the ways pve players received their ascended pieces, when it took 6 months for ANET to get this far with ascended gear for wvw? That sentence alone is just …… kittenbull. Basically he is saying in GW2 pve >wvw and this is just what we should expect. IF you took the time to understand the WvW community you would get why fewer laurels and more badges would have been the better option. Badges are not, as some have stated so readily available for those who don’t wvw on the regular. Therefore if you wanted to validate our experience as those who just WvW and and farmed our badges for so many hours vs being SOOO worried about invalidating those who pve for ascended gear, you might have gotten this right.

in WvW

Beachead.4127

Jesus Christ never seen a Dev been insulted so much because he’s trying to help so much. This is their game and they are doing everything possible to help, and let’s not forget without charging you a peny for that. You stil don’t like? Why are you stil doing here? Get the hell out and go find another game that’s better for you. Simple like that.

Help out is the wrong term… More like implement their vision of WvW and ignore the community.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Attic.1562

Attic.1562

You can get ascended in the wvw rank chests as well. Laurals is not the only way for WvWers to get ascended anymore.

But continue with your whining. As you were.

Per the patch notes you can get ascended rings via the chests ya berk, at an undisclosed but almost assuredly abysmally low drop rate.

Please note that rings != necklaces or accessories or back pieces. So no, you cannot “get ascended” from the chests. You can get 2/6ths (or if you prefer 1/3rd) ascended and they’re also the bits that are already the easiest and least time consuming to acquire.

But continue drinking your Kool-Aid.

in WvW

Beachead.4127

ANET can not win with most WvWers when it comes to ascended gear, as they dropped the ball horribly, early on when ascended gear was implemented for those who pve. The lack of insight or understanding the possible backlash from those in WvW is well ….. startling. Its seems that those that only WvW can’t and won’t let this go, which is justified.

You didn’t want to invalidate the ways pve players received their ascended pieces, when it took 6 months for ANET to get this far with ascended gear for wvw? That sentence alone is just …… kittenbull. Basically he is saying in GW2 pve >wvw and this is just what we should expect. IF you took the time to understand the WvW community you would get why fewer laurels and more badges would have been the better option. Badges are not, as some have stated so readily available for those who don’t wvw on the regular. Therefore if you wanted to validate our experience as those who just WvW and and farmed our badges for so many hours vs being SOOO worried about invalidating those who pve for ascended gear, you might have gotten this right.

this is summed up very well in what we are trying to say.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

What they should do is reduce ascended stats to be equivalent to exotic. but they cant walk back that wagon without huge backlash.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

You could make it 2k badges per item, no? Typical what I thought what would happen. You’re obviously more in PvE than WvW seeing you agree on the fact that 250 or 500 badges are a lot. You could’ve thought weeks ago that people would keep their BoH for the update after 3 months of waiting.

As hardcore WvW player I actually thought i would have my rings and amulet by now. But after keeping up 6k badges (someone in my guild got 11k) I feel very depressive that I can only spend like a 1/4th of it on asc items and not even being able to get 2 rings and 1 amulet. I’m still missing 10 laurels for my last ring which is pretty stupid ((( I already had my amulet with the normal vendor, but since you guys thought it to be funny to fully nerf and delete the viable condition mesmer builds, I cant use that amulet anymore. ))))

I hope that this will open your eyes seeing from a really hardcore speaking WvW player, but you’ll probably just read the first 2 and last words and go on with your kittened WvW updates.