Removed crafting stations and vendors.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

I hope PvE players that were only coming to WvW to bank know they can do so just as easily by entering heart of the mists without interrupting the PvP matches in progress. :p

As far was I was aware the guild registrar already had a drop down bank access option.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Why can’t we have crafting stations in our Guild Hall?

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

in WvW

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

Why can’t we have crafting stations in our Guild Hall?

less people in the guild hall the better so cities stay populated

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

It’s interesting to learn that they made the change based on some data, but I can’t help but wonder if the data was granular enough. McKenna states that queue times are longer, and their data shows that there are people spending a (presumably) significant time crafting. But are those people crafting during queued times?

I realize it’s anecdotal, but having played WvW pretty much daily since launch I have some frame of reference. People don’t sit in a queue, long or short, to go craft. You go there for convenience, and it’s not convenient if you have to wait 15 minutes to get in. And if it’s not queued, why do you care what other people are doing on the map? They’re not preventing anyone from doing anything and may rally to help when they otherwise would never know.

The only potentially affected situation is when you have a zerg on another map AND something on your home is attacked that requires a response AND the full zerg can’t get in AND the other team has a map queue that results in a numbers situation in their favor and STILL that means the opponent outplayed you past your defenses. I really can’t see that these crafting squatters (who, again, I rarely see more than 1 or 2, and often none, in T1) really have as much of an impact on the matches as some people think.

Players coming in to WvW affect the total WvW population cap, throwing the WvW population off balance. That data is what is used to determine:

• What servers are paired together. The servers who have more players doing this will get paired up with less populated servers meaning they will have less WvW players in the game than other servers.
  • How much it costs to transfer to that server. Severs with more crafters will also have higher transfer costs making it more expensive and difficult to get players to transfer to their server. The higher the transfer fees the less players can afford to move there.
  • Whether or not that server gets locked as full and unable to transfer players on it at all. Some guilds are stopped from transferring their entire guild over mid transfer, so they get most of their guild on then it gets locked as full causing guilds to become split. ( As is the case with our guild at present). EVERY player actually does count when it comes to the WvW count, even if it is only 50 players on a server that are doing it, that is 50 actual WvW players a guild cannot get on to the server. 3-5 at a time can add up to a lot over time, then when you add the players coming in just to farm nodes and do dailies and it starts to really impact whether or not a server can compete.
[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I hope PvE players that were only coming to WvW to bank know they can do so just as easily by entering heart of the mists without interrupting the PvP matches in progress. :p

As far was I was aware the guild registrar already had a drop down bank access option.

The guild registrar allows access to guild banks, not account banks which is what the craft tables were also useful for aside from crafting. The only other way to get access to the bank was to get a t3 keep. But luckily now we will have an always accessible bank vendor.

I wonder if it would be acceptable to put crafting tables in the HoTM lobby as a compromise.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

Hello everyone,

Many of you have been inquiring as to why we made the decision to remove the crafting stations in WvW. We made this decision because we have been seeing an increase in queue times with world linking. Upon observation we found there have been players taking up space in the maps who are only crafting and not participating with their teams. However, we’ve been listening to your feedback today and we wanted to let you know that we will be adding a banker to each team starting area in EB, Alpine and Desert. Thank you for the continued feedback!

But banking wasn’t the point; people actually used the crafting stations -____-

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

The guild registrar allows access to guild banks, not account banks which is what the craft tables were also useful for aside from crafting. The only other way to get access to the bank was to get a t3 keep. But luckily now we will have an always accessible bank vendor.

I wonder if it would be acceptable to put crafting tables in the HoTM lobby as a compromise.

You can access your account bank from the guild registar too, there’s a pull down menu on the left side for it, but only your main bags, not the collections tab.

But anyone that was coming to wvw for banking have access to easier areas, as mentioned the spvp lobby(it’s free like wvw if you’re worried to save a silver), rata sum bank and trading post are both like 5 steps away from the waypoint, you can go to your guildhall if you have the scribe setup and access your bank there.

Moot point anyways since they will be adding a banker to all wvw maps.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

Actually, you can change the dropdown to account vault to see your bank. Alternatively, the scribing station has it like any other crafting station.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in WvW

Posted by: Sparky.8724

Sparky.8724

Might as well remove all non-player entities while they’re at it…

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I have been using the guild registrar to access MY bank for a LOOONG time now. Did they change it? You just select the drop down menu to vault and there it is. Doh! Ninja’d over and over and over again. XD

I agree adding crafting to HotM would help solve the problem.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Hello everyone,

Many of you have been inquiring as to why we made the decision to remove the crafting stations in WvW. We made this decision because we have been seeing an increase in queue times with world linking. Upon observation we found there have been players taking up space in the maps who are only crafting and not participating with their teams. However, we’ve been listening to your feedback today and we wanted to let you know that we will be adding a banker to each team starting area in EB, Alpine and Desert. Thank you for the continued feedback!

But banking wasn’t the point; people actually used the crafting stations -____-

WvW players actually used the crafting stations too.

I can see the reason for dropping them from the borderlands, but surely they could be added to EotM or even Obsidian Sanctum?

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

If you’re going to pop into Eotm or OS from wvw to do crafting, why not just pop into a city instead?

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Hello everyone,

Many of you have been inquiring as to why we made the decision to remove the crafting stations in WvW. We made this decision because we have been seeing an increase in queue times with world linking. Upon observation we found there have been players taking up space in the maps who are only crafting and not participating with their teams.

What a stupid change. The quality of the life just became worse for basically no good reason. I am sure the number of players who were at crafting stations are an extremely small number and much smaller than the number of players AFK at spawn.

The crafting stations only existed in home border. Since when have the queues been a problem at home border? I don’t remember this been any major issue already for 2+ years. The vast majority of the time there is no queue to ANY border and I am playing in so called “full” server in EU tier 1. If you want more players to attend WvWvW, this surely isn’t a way to do it.

If you want to remove something from WvWvW, please start by removing some of the power creep introduced after the launch:
- minor/major/superior bloodlust (30/50/60 ability points)
- HoT introduced power creep: SMC air strike and banners

None of these mechanisms are allowing the much weaker side for come back. In fact most of them merely benefit the winner to win with even bigger lead. Well designed games, like MarioKart, give better bonuses for those players who are far from lead, while the leading player gets weaker bonuses.

Please also significantly reduce the grind required for guild upgrades.

Thank you!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

Another stupid decision. Now if you need to craft food or utilities quickly you out of luck. Leave a qued map or spend gold on items you could easily craft. Much like making a Necro elite based on chill then nerfing it out of existance Anet seems to throw logic out the window and become slaves to the crying of babies lol.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

The sheer number of players complaining about removing them already only goes to show how badly this was needed.

• Crafters add to the actual WvW population that is used to determine transfer costs to that sever as well as who they are merged with.

Add crafting tables to HotM so they can get there just as easily without interfering with server populations.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Could we get a permanent bank NPC in the starting area for each side, then?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Hello everyone,

Very good!
Thank you.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Could we get a permanent bank NPC in the starting area for each side, then?

It is already there. Drop down menu the guild registrar to vault..

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I have been using the guild registrar to access MY bank for a LOOONG time now. Did they change it? You just select the drop down menu to vault and there it is. Doh! Ninja’d over and over and over again. XD

Oops sorry about that, did not know you can access account bank or at least part of it from the guild registrar. They could also try changing part of OS to be like a WvW Lobby that includes a condensed crafting station and merchant.

I am fine with them removing the craft tables, but I think it would be better for everyone if they replaced it by putting them in another area like HoTM or OS because there is the convenience factor of not having to port to a slow loading city and then port back to the map you were on. If its on a mists map you can just load in, craft, exit and be back where you were, and not conflict with wvw maps.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Yeah, I will miss them as well. Was the main reason I went to WvW.

lol

Don’t forget to cast your vote in all the polls.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Hello everyone,

thank you for both

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: phantom.1675

phantom.1675

Why not just have a system where if you don’t participate in an event for … 10 minutes you get kicked? Rather than it be based on “are you moving”, then the people only using the crafting stations for more than 10 minutes will just get booted and queues will keep moving?

90%+ of the time there are not queues on most servers (I am not T1) so I don’t see why you have to try to patch in a pathetic fix for only T1 servers during peak hours that makes fewer people enter WvW in all other Tiers.

You know how many times I have been in WvW (with no queue) crafting and I see callouts for defends and go help? It happens a lot and now it’s gone.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

We don’t need them in wvw or eotm or os or hotm…

Prepare stuff before you go. Craft stuff you use and keep it in your bags and bank. Buy stuff off the TP if you need as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Oops sorry about that, did not know you can access account bank or at least part of it from the guild registrar. They could also try changing part of OS to be like a WvW Lobby that includes a condensed crafting station and merchant.

I am fine with them removing the craft tables, but I think it would be better for everyone if they replaced it by putting them in another area like HoTM or OS because there is the convenience factor of not having to port to a slow loading city and then port back to the map you were on. If its on a mists map you can just load in, craft, exit and be back where you were, and not conflict with wvw maps.

it was THE place to go for toons parked at JPs / favorite farm spots because you end up back where you started.. if they made airship or that area in dr work that way, they would get gem sales and not even have to put in work in placing the stations elsewhere….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: telimo.7201

telimo.7201

Pls give us the stations back. We have and had never problems with ppl crafting at these stations and queue times on our server. Why not start a new survey for that? I think its just a small amount of ppl complaining about 2 ppl staying there. The big problem are ppl afking at the spawn when we really have a queue.

in WvW

Posted by: Bandini.6185

Bandini.6185

The sheer number of players complaining about removing them already only goes to show how badly this was needed.

• Crafters add to the actual WvW population that is used to determine transfer costs to that sever as well as who they are merged with.

Can even imagine for a minute that a lot of people who are complaining are WvW players and will be counted anyway in the actual WvW population ?

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Why not just have a system where if you don’t participate in an event for … 10 minutes you get kicked? Rather than it be based on “are you moving”, then the people only using the crafting stations for more than 10 minutes will just get booted and queues will keep moving?

90%+ of the time there are not queues on most servers (I am not T1) so I don’t see why you have to try to patch in a pathetic fix for only T1 servers during peak hours that makes fewer people enter WvW in all other Tiers.

You know how many times I have been in WvW (with no queue) crafting and I see callouts for defends and go help? It happens a lot and now it’s gone.

Are you suggesting they kick scouts in towers? YIKES.

I would rather keep our scouts and kick inactive players from the WvW count all together. They just Disconnect WvW from PvE and players lose WvW server and not counted as part of population if they dont play in WvW enough and have to rejoin a WvW server when they want to play WvW again If it is full then, at least it will be full of WvW players.

• Crafters added to the population that was used to determine how much server transfer costs to that server are and what servers they are linked with. Queues are not even as important as that issue.

They also need to add server wide chat and have cities server based to be able to receive recruitment and call outs.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Can even imagine for a minute that a lot of people who are complaining are WvW players and will be counted anyway in the actual WvW population ?

Those are already counted, however, we have already had repeated players come on this very thread and say that was the only reason they came to WvW.. This solves the problem.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Pls give us the stations back. We have and had never problems with ppl crafting at these stations and queue times on our server. Why not start a new survey for that? I think its just a small amount of ppl complaining about 2 ppl staying there. The big problem are ppl afking at the spawn when we really have a queue.

It isn’t just about Queues though. It adds to the numbers that determine which servers are linked and how much it costs to transfer to your server.

If they add crafting tables to HotM, PvE can access them just as easy and not offset the server population count.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Swagger.1459

It isn’t just about Queues though. It adds to the numbers that determine which servers are linked and how much it costs to transfer to your server.

If they add crafting tables to HotM, PvE can access them just as easy and not offset the server population count.

Players can conveniently go to lions arch or home city for all their crafting needs…

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Players can conveniently go to lions arch or home city for all their crafting needs…

Yea they want somewhere more convenient. Most don’t go to LA anymore since they made it a pain to access everything. It was actually better while it was blown up. haha!

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

anet removing good things
will this help the game??

This will help WvW but will hurt all the PvE players who used WvW for quick crafting so we could return to PvE in the same place we left it.

Exactly……WVW is for WVW players, not a “quick crafting” stop for PVE players.

So basically, not having the 2 or 3 players we used to see around the crafting stations is gonna fix the queue issue? How exactly?

It is going to help solve the population balancing issues. This was not just about Queues, it was throwing off the numbers they used to determine which servers should be linked, and how much transfer costs to the server should be. The server that had the more players doing this, the more unbalanced their population would be. They do not determine population by the 3 you see there at a time, but over a longer period of time so all of the people who used them over that period of time. Even if it is 50 on a server doing it, that is 50 players offsetting the numbers.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: den aelling.7681

den aelling.7681

Whatever Anet…..what’s next whenever you log out that character will be transported to the nearest city?

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

This will help servers in the long run, because people who go into WvW to craft count towards the server population. This may make a small positive impact on WvW servers that are full, but empty.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Seriously Anet? At least put a bank in the citadel if you’re going to remove the crafting stations. I don’t know of any wvw players who actually used them to craft, just to get stuff from the bank.

Edit: Ok, actually you can use the guild registrar to backdoor into your bank, so nevermind. Still, a normally functioning bank would be nice

(edited by Blix.8021)

in WvW

Posted by: antidote.7201

antidote.7201

Should be better to implement new stuff in wvw, instead of removing tbh. But it’s ok.

in WvW

Posted by: Meadfreek.6789

Meadfreek.6789

Hello everyone,

Does A-net honestly think removing the 2 or 3 people per server (at a time) coming to WvW for ~5 minutes at a time will make even an infinitesimal difference in the complaints about queues?

You guys and girls linked servers and went back to the Alpine Borderlands—mostly (compliments on both decisions btw) and you got some queues. That was expected, right? People popping in for a few minutes to craft aren’t the cause or rarely a perceptible contributing factor and removing them will help precisely…not one bit. While it will inconvenience many of your players.

Mead
Tol Acharn [PHNX]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

anet removing good things
will this help the game??

This will help WvW but will hurt all the PvE players who used WvW for quick crafting so we could return to PvE in the same place we left it.

Exactly……WVW is for WVW players, not a “quick crafting” stop for PVE players.

So basically, not having the 2 or 3 players we used to see around the crafting stations is gonna fix the queue issue? How exactly?

First of all, there are always more than 2 or 3, and second of all it will not fix but it will help. This is a very good change. Now they just need to add them to the guild hall.

in WvW

Posted by: ImNoir.5742

ImNoir.5742

I miss the crafting stations but pulling them makes sense. Could you please consider putting a Golem banker in Citadel so folks can at least get to inventory.

Darkhaven [DW] Devine Wind

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I miss the crafting stations but pulling them makes sense. Could you please consider putting a Golem banker in Citadel so folks can at least get to inventory.

Right click the guild banker.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

dumbest thing ever ANET. wtf, really? you think disabling stations will decrease que time? get real, NO ONE SITS AND CRAFTS IN WvW!!! sometimes we go there to craft our daily, or hop in it cuz there is not a que and do so quickly,but NO ONE SITS AND LvLs CRAFTING IN WvW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! spend your time and money actually improving your “*” servers power, not paying people to do such silly kitten stuff as come up with the idea of removing crafting stations to “decrease que times”… just flat out the ALMOST the dumbest solution you guys have ever come up with!!!! This REALLY makes me feel bad about ever defending you because, gosh darn you have all done some stupid **** one right after another. At this point hire me for a consultant or some one because you guys NEED one. or are you actually trying to drive your game into the ground? we’ve put up with alot, but kitten ……………

(edited by Fiddle Irk.9710)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

dumbest thing ever ANET. why why why why why? stop doing this stuff to us for no valid reason. this is very lame and ticking off your remaining player base.

Actually WvW players have been asking for the removal for years.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

Hello everyone,

Is this just a t1 problem? It’s so rare that I see my home bl queued, and I’m in t2. And even when it is, I never see more than 3 people at the stations, and usually it’s none, or it’s someone standing kinda near them, but not close enough to be crafting anything.

Why not go the opposite route instead and add the crafting stations to the other bls like it was a long time ago? That way, what few people are taking up queue—on the rare occasion it actually exists—crafting will be more spread out, reducing the problem without inconveniencing those of us who hop by it for a few minutes to refill our food or do the daily ascended crafting and get back to the fight?

I don’t think anyone wants to sit through the downtime of so many loading screens just to finally get to do what we want, and there’s no reason to require it when you have much better answers to a problem that rarely exists anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: ImNoir.5742

ImNoir.5742

Right click the guild banker.

and be kittened off its not a personal banker… -.-

Darkhaven [DW] Devine Wind

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Is this just a t1 problem? It’s so rare that I see my home bl queued, and I’m in t2. And even when it is, I never see more than 3 people at the stations, and usually it’s none, or it’s someone standing kinda near them, but not close enough to be crafting anything.

Its important because they need accurate population measures for the linking.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

Its important because they need accurate population measures for the linking.

Then they can adjust the way they determine whether someone is an active wvw player to whether the account has earned x wxp/ranks in the last y days/weeks. Which I thought was sort of how they already did it. I didn’t think they based on whether someone had stepped onto a wvw map or not. I could be wrong, though.

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

Hi Devs,
There was also a buff in WvW where chances of critical crafting is increased by a certain % …what will happen to that buff now that the stations are gone?

Are they going to be replaced by something else?

Separate note:
I think there was an upgrade before that allowed you to spawn crafting stations, can’t remember where that was from, but that can be useful if you ABSOLUTELY NEED to craft in WVW.

~Matty

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Doesn’t your world buff apply to your home server regardless of where you craft (wvw, la, or in the wilderness)? I thought it’s always been that way

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

For the people that missed this note by McKenna, and complaining about banking without the crafters in wvw still.

Bank vendors will be added to all start areas of alpine, desert, ebg.
Please also note you can still use the guild registrar npc to access your bank through the guild bank, there’s a pull down tab for it, they are also at all the start areas already.
You can also bank at all upgraded keeps.

Hello everyone,

Many of you have been inquiring as to why we made the decision to remove the crafting stations in WvW. We made this decision because we have been seeing an increase in queue times with world linking. Upon observation we found there have been players taking up space in the maps who are only crafting and not participating with their teams.

However, we’ve been listening to your feedback today and we wanted to let you know that we will be adding a banker to each team starting area in EB, Alpine and Desert. Thank you for the continued feedback!

If you want to craft, feel free to check out Rata Sum, all the crafters, bank, guild bank, trading post are near each other.

in WvW

Posted by: Depraved Ambience.7942

Depraved Ambience.7942

We made this decision because we have been seeing an increase in queue times with world linking. Upon observation we found there have been players taking up space in the maps who are only crafting and not participating with their teams.

Perhaps because of the exorbitant amount of materials crafting you need to craft ascended armour these days in order to stay competitive in WvW?

I’d really like for ANet to stop making a string of rapid-fire changes, the consequences of which are difficult to ascribe to one change over another. How in the world can they say, “After world linking, the return of the Alpine borderlands, and the implementation of reward tracks, including the Gift of Battle reward track, without a doubt it is the crafting stations that are causing unreasonable queues and we are therefore removing them,” with any expectation that we are to believe that?