Removed crafting stations and vendors.

in WvW

Posted by: Cybil Song.2359

Cybil Song.2359

Good change. We have been asking for it for a long time now. Thanks for finally remove the craft stations, Anet.

For those saying to put the craft stations in the HoTM, as much as bad as it is to stay there with nothing to do, a big and resounding NO. Map load often is taking longer than it should during prime time. There is no need to make it longer because people are idling at the craft stations just so they can keep their PvE location. Remember we have a 2 minutes grace for disconnect and crowding HoTM to make the come back harder isn’t the solution.

Make the Obsidian Sanctum the WvW lobby, add the craft station there. However, I wouldn’t make people immune, just for the fun of it since the map is a pvp jumping puzzle/gvg/duel map. You gotta fight for your privilege to use the stations! lol

The problem is removing the services and not providing a viable alternative, that does not impact peoples or play style. What we have is a no-brain decision. “I don’t use it, remove it for everyone, because it is certainly not useful”. No thinking about how it impacts players. There is something, that is always true, however. Make it hard and a nuisance for peoples to come to WvW and they won’t come. Next thing you know, there is another hare brain solution: “Oh well let’s group 4 servers, now because the WvW population is dwindling.” I call it the slow death of something, ill conceived where one forces everyone in inconveniences.
Peoples idling at craft stations are very few and just a myth. They never stay there for a long while. I see more idling in other parts of the map and no one does anything about that.
For WvW, the equation is simple: Make it difficult to incorporate in your play style and less will come, then everyone can cry why the maps are so deserted or no one want to stay or come. It will fix all problems when WvW is truly dead with no one on the map.

(edited by Cybil Song.2359)

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I’ve no idea how ANet implemented the population count.

But I think one of the easiest to implement count would be:
Whenever someone enter a WvW-map the Counter is increasd by 1

If they really did something like that, then
Imagine the effect of crafters and other PvE-travelers to wvw-pop ….

So I guess instead of implementing a better population-function (e.g. The same, but only counting the people without the spawn-buf), they dropped the crafting to fix this Problem.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I’ve been crafting lots of times only to hear word of a massive zerg attacking… whatever. Had it not been for crafting, I would have never gone to participate in a defense.

Towns are not an alternative to wvw. The load times are obnoxious.

in WvW

Posted by: NixNutz.5309

NixNutz.5309

Why ANET remove the crafting stations ?
Cause the want to sell the new “Home Portal Stone” for 900 Diamonts what else?

Telling us, those crafters steal places for real WvW playing people is pure nonsence!
No pure crafter would take a place in a waiting loop never.
In the opposite, many of them take a look on the map and may help there for a while and thats what WvW realy need.

Please bring the crafting stations back. FAST !

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I would immediately buy that stone and a shared inv slot for it, if it would offer what the crafting stations in wvw offer, but it does NOT.

• no crafting in home instances
  • automatic fall-back to the place where I enternd WVW on Logout (this saves me a load-Screen, and without SDD every load-Screen of a City Or normal map take several minutes …)
Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

You want people who craft out of the WvW borderlands?

A better solution would be just to boot the WvW players who give no contribution (ANet, you have a track progress mechanic already in the game) after 30+ minutes of non-participation, you get booted. Easy. Done.

Removing convenience vendors is horribly bad design decision. It lessens people actually in the maps (go there to craft because WvW activity is low, see a cry for help in map chat, go and actually defend …)

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Pls give us the stations back. We have and had never problems with ppl crafting at these stations and queue times on our server. Why not start a new survey for that? I think its just a small amount of ppl complaining about 2 ppl staying there. The big problem are ppl afking at the spawn when we really have a queue.

It isn’t just about Queues though. It adds to the numbers that determine which servers are linked and how much it costs to transfer to your server.

If they add crafting tables to HotM, PvE can access them just as easy and not offset the server population count.

Players can conveniently go to lions arch or home city for all their crafting needs…

Yeah… NO. Going to LA is not convenient at all, unlike the borderlands was. Besides the horrible load time, going to the borderlands allowed you to go right back to where you were. This wouldn’t be that bad if they either put them in the EoTM or if the airship/royal pass actually returned you back to where you were.

This will help servers in the long run, because people who go into WvW to craft count towards the server population. This may make a small positive impact on WvW servers that are full, but empty.

I highly doubt they count those that just go to craft. If they did, Anet needs to change the way they calculate it, because thats just stupid they only count those that zone into it and not actually do events. I bet they have the data needed to determine those that actually do something in wvw (either kills or events), so they should be able to weed out those that just zone in for crafting or using the portal to LA.

Is this just a t1 problem? It’s so rare that I see my home bl queued, and I’m in t2. And even when it is, I never see more than 3 people at the stations, and usually it’s none, or it’s someone standing kinda near them, but not close enough to be crafting anything.

Its important because they need accurate population measures for the linking.

Well they need a better way to determining the populations then. Base it on actually doing events in wvw. Crafter wouldn’t be doing events so they wouldn’t count. Done. No need to remove the crafting stations.

All this change does is make me want to just go to wvw and afk in the borderlands, just to spite those that support this change, but none of the maps have queues most of the time (I think only borderlands has a few times, and its never been more than 10 in queue).

Since they’re doing polls, why can’t we get a poll on this? It seems like enough people want them back, that it should be up to us to decide whether or not they get removed.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in WvW

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I get that some people find it inconvenient, but they want people who join WvW maps to be doing that content. If you only went to a WvW map to craft and leave, you obviously weren’t interested in WvW (at that moment), so you really don’t need to be there.

The change actually makes sense.

I totally agree with that. However, at the same time, this removed a feature from PvE. Adding crafting tables to the PvP lobby sounds like a good compromise and should make everyone happy.

in WvW

Posted by: The Ventari Ele.5812

The Ventari Ele.5812

Wont happen as it will affect gem sales.

Anet have the airship pass in the gem store, which has all the crafting stations in one place. SO they’ll wait to see if people buy those.

Yes they werent selling due to people able to just port to WvW, but now if there is a demand for such an area, and such an area currently exists but require buying a pass, well then they’ll expect people to buy gems for that pass.

We’ll release SAB, everybody loves SAB they wont notice the lack of other updates!

in WvW

Posted by: KalasDelRio.8921

KalasDelRio.8921

Hello everyone,

Many of you have been inquiring as to why we made the decision to remove the crafting stations in WvW. We made this decision because we have been seeing an increase in queue times with world linking. Upon observation we found there have been players taking up space in the maps who are only crafting and not participating with their teams. However, we’ve been listening to your feedback today and we wanted to let you know that we will be adding a banker to each team starting area in EB, Alpine and Desert. Thank you for the continued feedback!

Yes! Thankyou!

Majestic Mez | Snoop Doggs Blunt | Majestic Tracer [OMEN]

in WvW

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Anet have the airship pass in the gem store, which has all the crafting stations in one place. SO they’ll wait to see if people buy those.

Yes they werent selling due to people able to just port to WvW, but now if there is a demand for such an area, and such an area currently exists but require buying a pass, well then they’ll expect people to buy gems for that pass.

Use of the airship pass causes you to LOSE YOUR PLACE in the world. Ergo, it is not a replacement for the convenience that has been lost.

(If you went into WvW and then left it, you returned to the exact place in the world where you were standing when you decided to enter WvW).

The Airship Pass/Royal Terrace argument always seems to omit the actual reason people used WvW crafting.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: icecreamedhotdog.3607

icecreamedhotdog.3607

taking crafting out of wvw?gee thanks.can anet at least put all the crafting professions into the guild hall?

in WvW

Posted by: Brokenbone.8759

Brokenbone.8759

I don’t mind the change one way or the other, hypothetically if it deters “non-participants” from taking up queue space (i.e., press B, it’s the poor man’s Royal Terrace / Airship pass), cool.

Even in T1 though, where queues are often a thing, I don’t often see hordes of people at the crafting stations… maybe three hovering around there to dip into their bank or quickly bang out something time gated, then either on you go back to PvE land or back into the fight. I suppose I do see people hanging out around spawn even if not to craft, maybe it’s a guild group forming up and waiting to roll out as people arrive late or the tag takes a bio. Maybe there’s also PvE “gift of battle protesters” who max participation and hang at spawn til they notice decay, then go bother a yak or something easy. I suppose there’d be data on who’s at spawn for how long, if queueing across too many maps is really a problem, other than at times like say, reset.

If non-participation is such a problem, I guess devs could tinker with participation decay more, maybe if the “Determined” buff is on you, it decays faster. People would still play around that though and AFK in some T3 lord’s room and hope it’s safe-ish, so maybe there’s no point in throwing resources at what doesn’t seem to noticeably be a problem.

The cynical side of me is wondering out loud if Royal and/or Airship passes are about to go on sale, again, if pressing B for free and selecting home BL is no longer an option to go craft some junk. Oh well, neither here nor there on the change, I’ll port to LA or wherever when needing more food, oil, stones, whatever.

in WvW

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Why can’t we have crafting stations in our Guild Hall?

less people in the guild hall the better so cities stay populated

uh … because there is no reason to be anywhere else in the world?

in WvW

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Why not just have a system where if you don’t participate in an event for … 10 minutes you get kicked? Rather than it be based on “are you moving”, then the people only using the crafting stations for more than 10 minutes will just get booted and queues will keep moving?

90%+ of the time there are not queues on most servers (I am not T1) so I don’t see why you have to try to patch in a pathetic fix for only T1 servers during peak hours that makes fewer people enter WvW in all other Tiers.

You know how many times I have been in WvW (with no queue) crafting and I see callouts for defends and go help? It happens a lot and now it’s gone.

Are you suggesting they kick scouts in towers? YIKES.

I would rather keep our scouts and kick inactive players from the WvW count all together. They just Disconnect WvW from PvE and players lose WvW server and not counted as part of population if they dont play in WvW enough and have to rejoin a WvW server when they want to play WvW again If it is full then, at least it will be full of WvW players.

• Crafters added to the population that was used to determine how much server transfer costs to that server are and what servers they are linked with. Queues are not even as important as that issue.

They also need to add server wide chat and have cities server based to be able to receive recruitment and call outs.

Separately people who use WvW purely for crafting from those who participate should be trivial. They might already keep track of that for the purpose distributing the bonus world chests.

Pls give us the stations back. We have and had never problems with ppl crafting at these stations and queue times on our server. Why not start a new survey for that? I think its just a small amount of ppl complaining about 2 ppl staying there. The big problem are ppl afking at the spawn when we really have a queue.

It isn’t just about Queues though. It adds to the numbers that determine which servers are linked and how much it costs to transfer to your server.

If they add crafting tables to HotM, PvE can access them just as easy and not offset the server population count.

Players can conveniently go to lions arch or home city for all their crafting needs…

Yea they want somewhere more convenient. Most don’t go to LA anymore since they made it a pain to access everything. It was actually better while it was blown up. haha!

Ebonhawke in Fields of Ruin

I can’t understand this decision. All my characters are in Southsun Cove to mine the Orichalcum node there. It is more time spending to travel to a city for crafting.

Please give us an alternative who satisfied all people, as example in the guild halls.

A good example on why the removal was justified. Crafting stations in the guild hall would be OK i guess as a substitute.

That is going to be a 600g upgrade followed by whatever the crafting station upgrades cost or possibly a separate upgrade for each.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

in WvW

Posted by: Cybil Song.2359

Cybil Song.2359

Telling us, those crafters steal places for real WvW playing people is pure nonsence!
No pure crafter would take a place in a waiting loop never.
In the opposite, many of them take a look on the map and may help there for a while and thats what WvW realy need.

Please bring the crafting stations back. FAST !

I can’t agree with you more, less reasons to come to WvW and eventually we forget about contributing into such an ackward place to use. ANet, in their great wisdom, will certainly find another way to degrade it further with the likes of their useless Desert maps, who, the hell ever requested that?
I used to come in a map that felt like home with my server’s name on it and what do I have? Something shared with transient players that won’t be there in a few months, WvW is getting so boring, more will leave and reorganize their toons to avoid this lame WvW anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

Yeah, I will miss them as well. Was the main reason I went to WvW.

So the main reason you go into WvW is to not actually WvW. . .? Nice, posts like this make me happy they removed the crafting stations. Go to PvE or get a Royal Terrace Pass and craft there.

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game

in WvW

MomentofWeakness.1246

The problem is not going to LA to craft. It’s coming back.
I have characters all over the map, each there for a purpose. If I have to move them to LA and back each time I have t craft something, it really gets tiresome.
And I’m not even talking about the loading time of LA…

And seriously, changing this after almost 4 years is really sadistic.

So go craft before or after you decide to go into WvW so you don’t have to back out in the middle of your WvW session? Like seriously who is playing WvW and randomly gets struck from behind by a crafting-bug and goes “oh I really need to craft right now, but oh no the queue!” Its called preparedness, you should have things like your gear and food ready to go when you are in WvW and you should already be doing this, especially after 4 years. . . .

WvW Commander – NA PST

in WvW

MomentofWeakness.1246

Use of the airship pass causes you to LOSE YOUR PLACE in the world. Ergo, it is not a replacement for the convenience that has been lost.

(If you went into WvW and then left it, you returned to the exact place in the world where you were standing when you decided to enter WvW).

The Airship Pass/Royal Terrace argument always seems to omit the actual reason people used WvW crafting.

Yes holding up a WvW player position for perhaps a long duration of time while you craft is really a “convenient” thing to do (sarcasm).

You should be going into WvW ready to go (food, gear, traits, skills, etc.) not going into WvW unprepared and thinking “okay I think I will go ahead and craft here for an hour and hold up a players spot in the map because I am a special snowflake.”

WvW Commander – NA PST

in WvW

Posted by: Gunner Morton.8340

Gunner Morton.8340

Go back to PvE if you are into crafting and stop bothering WvWers by taking up map space

I used to play WvW on Gunnar’s Hold, then I took a flawed serverlink to the knee.

in WvW

Posted by: Mushin.3928

Mushin.3928

Removing these is a bad change. Few spots were actually used, and were only a “problem” at peak time anyway on weekends/reset.

Its also one fewer way for new players to get into WvW. This is how I got into it.

This change has my downvote.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Go back to PvE if you are into crafting and stop bothering WvWers by taking up map space

And yet ANet introduced the gift of battle changes that go against this where afking within reach of a ruin capture to keep participation going is encouraged, taking up valuable map space.

Quite the contrast.

in WvW

mtpelion.4562

Yes holding up a WvW player position for perhaps a long duration of time while you craft is really a “convenient” thing to do (sarcasm).

You should be going into WvW ready to go (food, gear, traits, skills, etc.) not going into WvW unprepared and thinking “okay I think I will go ahead and craft here for an hour and hold up a players spot in the map because I am a special snowflake.”

I’m explaining the why, not offering a value judgment.

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

I WANT THIS! HAhahaHaha

You want to maintain your position in the PVE world, you take your chances and go here :

Make the Obsidian Sanctum the WvW lobby, add the craft station there. However, I wouldn’t make people immune, just for the fun of it since the map is a pvp jumping puzzle/gvg/duel map. You gotta fight for your privilege to use the stations! lol

Random Player Say chat: "Cover me while I craft these Ori Ingots! "

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

in WvW

MomentofWeakness.1246

Actually you were arguing in favor of convenience which is why I replied in the first place.

WvW Commander – NA PST

in WvW

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

So go craft before or after you decide to go into WvW so you don’t have to back out in the middle of your WvW session? Like seriously who is playing WvW and randomly gets struck from behind by a crafting-bug and goes “oh I really need to craft right now, but oh no the queue!” Its called preparedness, you should have things like your gear and food ready to go when you are in WvW and you should already be doing this, especially after 4 years. . . .

Why on earth would a wvwer sit on that many loading screens to craft what we need for wvw when we could just do it in one short one that still allows us to see call outs?

Chuu, I’d have thought you of all people would understand that much.

In any case, this is just an example of Anet treating a symptom, not a cause. If pvers were creating a problem in the queues by crafting there (a problem that I’m assuming only happens in t1 anyway, since I’m in t2 and rarely see queues in the home bl), then obviously the real problem is that crafting stations aren’t accessible enough for them. Adding the stations to HotM and/or guild halls while keeping them in the borderlands would address their issue without creating queues and without inconveniencing the wvwers who want to use the borderlands crafting stations, too. Adding them back to all the borderlands maps like they were during the BWEs would spread out the people using them, lessening the issue, too.

I really don’t understand why people defend Anet’s decision when there are much better solutions that don’t inconvenience anyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Why on earth would a wvwer sit on that many loading screens to craft what we need for wvw when we could just do it in one short one that still allows us to see call outs?

Mind walking us through how many loading screens you sit through to craft?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Depraved Ambience.7942

Depraved Ambience.7942

Yeah, I will miss them as well. Was the main reason I went to WvW.

So the main reason you go into WvW is to not actually WvW. . .? Nice, posts like this make me happy they removed the crafting stations. Go to PvE or get a Royal Terrace Pass and craft there.

So, you don’t want more bodies to stack your zerg? You don’t want more players to come help and learn how to help your server increase PPT or win big fights? Oh, you only want players who realize that WvW is srs bizniz! Okay.

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

I’m am confused. What does putting crafting into guild halls accomplish? Why can’t people just craft in the cities? Why is this a problem? WvW is not for crafting, it is for WvW.

This is like complaining that you can’t drop an AC in Orr.

in WvW

skullmount.1758

I’m am confused. What does putting crafting into guild halls accomplish? Why can’t people just craft in the cities? Why is this a problem? WvW is not for crafting, it is for WvW.

For most of us I think, its because of two things. 1) We could go right back to where we were on a map, no having to zone to a city and than back to a close (hopefully uncontested) waypoint and then run back to where were we. 2) Cities, for some of us, have horribly long load times, which the borderland did not.

Darkhaven server

in WvW

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

…Do you really need that much handholding for simple math?

The problem according to Anet is that pvers were taking up queue spots (again, apparently only in t1) crafting. The reason pvers use them is that they can return to where they were in pve afterwards. Also, wvw loads faster than the cities, so it’s less downtime, too.

Adding stations to guild halls and/or hotm would also give them that convenience while also addressing the issue with queues, and without inconveniencing those of us who used the wvw stations to craft what we need on a map where we could see call outs.

This has been explained so many times already. I’m not sure why this is such a hard concept to grasp.

in WvW

skullmount.1758

The PvP lobby is to ‘close’ to LA to get crafting stations. You can just walk through the gate to get to the ones at LA.

It’s not hard to get to other crafting stations, but the WvW one was the only one that allowed you to keep your “place” in the outside world. Going to Lion’s Arch means you lose it.

Hence why we should have two things in exchange: Crafters in the Guild Hall, and the option to return to whence you came in the Royal Terrace and Captain’s Airship.

This. If they won’t put the crafting back into the home borderlands, then they need to either add them to the GH or make the gem items able to return you back to the same spot you used them in (currently, they’re a waste of gems, imo).
Anet, give us a week poll on whether or not the crafting stations should come back. I doubt the people crafting took that many spots from the queue, and if it was because of counting server population, you need to rethink how you count that. That should only be on those that get kills/events in the wvw maps and not just those that zone into it.

Darkhaven server

in WvW

Posted by: Meadfreek.6789

Meadfreek.6789

The PvP lobby is to ‘close’ to LA to get crafting stations. You can just walk through the gate to get to the ones at LA.

It’s not hard to get to other crafting stations, but the WvW one was the only one that allowed you to keep your “place” in the outside world. Going to Lion’s Arch means you lose it.

Hence why we should have two things in exchange: Crafters in the Guild Hall, and the option to return to whence you came in the Royal Terrace and Captain’s Airship.

Or crafting station in Home Instances. They already sell a Home Instance Portal that will bring you straight into your home instance, then with a doubleclick, return you to were you were.

Mead
Tol Acharn [PHNX]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

mtpelion.4562

Actually you were arguing in favor of convenience which is why I replied in the first place.

I suggest you reread what I said. I made no arguments for anything. I was stating the “why” with regard to why people use it.

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

…Do you really need that much handholding for simple math?

Yes please.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

I still don’t understand why people don’t get prepared before they Queue or jump into action.

Making a sword at a crafting table in WvW? I mean, what the hell were you using before bare hands on Teq?

The way I see it … there will be no common ground in this argument. One side won’t push till they get what they want, the other see absolutely no use for it. No one budges. Change is done.

And who gets loading screens, the only time I hear it in WvW is when someone ports back to spawn/keep wp and they say … ‘crap, loading screen bug’ brb

This game doesn’t take much on your computer to run effectively.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Hello everyone,

Many of you have been inquiring as to why we made the decision to remove the crafting stations in WvW. We made this decision because we have been seeing an increase in queue times with world linking. Upon observation we found there have been players taking up space in the maps who are only crafting and not participating with their teams. However, we’ve been listening to your feedback today and we wanted to let you know that we will be adding a banker to each team starting area in EB, Alpine and Desert. Thank you for the continued feedback!

Well, apparently it’s severe enough to register a blip on your radar and screw with population calculations. I didn’t know it was that significant, but facts are facts. In that case, given that you’re giving a bank at spawn I should be okay.

Consider adding a Permanent crafting station as an item as well.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Leetsura.3507

Leetsura.3507

Not to mention that stopping by my home BL to do a quick craft or drop things off has frequently resulted in my staying a few extra minutes (or, er, hours) to defend a camp, rally to tag, or help out in some other way. With no way to communicate with your server at large (megaserver), and reduced incentive for people to “come for one thing, stay for another,” it can only hurt the awareness and use of the game mode. Really wish they would not have listened to the complainers on this one.

This^

Just a few days ago I was waiting for a bandit boss to spawn when I thought I’d craft that sigil I wanted to swap to. So instead of waiting 2 mins to load up Rata Sum and then run back from the nearest wp, I hopped into wvw. No queue on any of the maps (I’m on Yak’s bend). I made my sigil and in that time, I saw things happening on the map so I joined up with a small group of people to help out with capping some objectives.

And naturally that was not the first time I’ve stayed in wvw because of just that.
As many have mentioned, there is no easy way of knowing when your borderland needs help since we got the megaservers.

Even on those days I have been in wvw on purpose I have had great use of the crafting stations. Because despite what some people may think, it’s not always so easy to ‘plan ahead’.

Gonna swim with the big fish. You’re gonna get your wish. Ooooooo. Little barracuda.
When you awake, quaggans will be here, and there’ll be a crab cake, just for you…
oooOOOOOoooooOOOoooo…

in WvW

Posted by: Depraved Ambience.7942

Depraved Ambience.7942

I’m sitting AFK at the crafting stations in my “home” borderland right now!

I highly doubt my presence is a hindrance to the, literally, handful of other people on the map.

Also, if the metric to determine WvW active population is based on players simply entering the map, it is seriously flawed. That’s like counting airline passengers based on how many people enter an airport…

in WvW

Posted by: codenemesis.4603

codenemesis.4603

I’m glad, I hope they never put them back in wvw again.

in WvW

Posted by: greens.1687

greens.1687

Seems like this change was mainly for peak hours and weekends
They probably have the information to back up their choice, then again they did introduce the much loved desert borderlands, which help control server population in itself by promoting us the most fun part of wvw, walking. It did add variety and some changes so it was a decent map, just wished it was smaller.

I am unsure exactly how a majority players will see it as I hear as much as 80-90% or more of the gw2 population plays for mainly pve. The wvw population that plays a majority of the time in wvw would probably have the most vested interested in changes.

Also if there is one thing players hate more than broken promises in games and that is taking away what players used to have, when they might be able to just remove it and/or add it to other places

A banker in each zone and also a crafter in each zone would be nice as well

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

I’m waiting for people to ask for crafting stations in the raids.

in WvW

Posted by: albsi.7153

albsi.7153

Removing the crafting stations is ok, but i never saw more than five players near the crafting stations and most of them less then 5 mins. So i doubt it had a big impact on the wvw population.

Now we need a bank on every WvW map. Yes, there is the the guild bank with the drop down menu, where i can reach the bank, but it has the limits of the guild bank and is annoying.

Leaving the WvW map, to get to a bank, may put you in a queue to get back and you have to get back to your group / zerg / blob. So its often not a good option.

Waiting for a fortress to get to a Tier with a bank is often also not an option.

And i miss the crafting stations and the forge in the guild hall, they should add them.

in WvW

Posted by: maybe.5086

maybe.5086

Just the interest in this thread is proof of how actively those crafting stations used. I wonder how much it was affecting the population count. Good job on removing them. Please remove the gathering nodes from towers/keeps as well.

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Now we need a bank on every WvW map. Yes, there is the the guild bank with the drop down menu, where i can reach the bank, but it has the limits of the guild bank and is annoying.

They’re adding bank npcs to all wvw start areas… there would be a separate psa thread to highlight this, but the wonderful mods have kindly merged that thread into this thread to reduce “visual clutter”…. Meanwhile there’s another remove crafting complaint thread still floating out there on it’s own.

in WvW

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

At one minute intervals, run the following script on WvW maps with crafting:

If this map has gone over 75% of its max occupancy during the last 5 minutes, disable crafting on this map for the next five minutes.

in WvW

Posted by: Pyx.1906

Pyx.1906

It seems like Anet should be interested in increasing the participation in WvW, not killing it. The only time I even think about WvW is when one of my toons is visiting for the crafting station and sees some interesting activity, which I join. This change will reduce my interest and participation in WvW by 99%. Every time I wait 5 minutes to load into LA and spend time and money WPing back to my location, I’ll be building an additional resentment for the WvW world that used-to-be. This helps active WvW players by a tiny amount (I see queues about twice a month at most), really kills interest and participation by occasional WvW players. See you all much, much later.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

It seems like Anet should be interested in increasing the participation in WvW, not killing it. The only time I even think about WvW is when one of my toons is visiting for the crafting station and sees some interesting activity, which I join. This change will reduce my interest and participation in WvW by 99%. Every time I wait 5 minutes to load into LA and spend time and money WPing back to my location, I’ll be building an additional resentment for the WvW world that used-to-be. This helps active WvW players by a tiny amount (I see queues about twice a month at most), really kills interest and participation by occasional WvW players. See you all much, much later.

Players that are interested in going in to WvW to craft and farm are not actually interested in WvW. The point is those that come to WvW for crafting and farming are hurting WvW, not helping it. Being interested in WvW means to actually change from PvE builds and run WvW builds, get on voice coms to hear what is actually going on and get involved with the WvW community. Coming in and trying to play on a PvE build running around not understanding you are scoring for the other team isn’t helping anyone.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Personally I use Rata Sum to craft. Lion’s Arch is horrible but honestly why go through all these loading screens when you can just pay a few silver? And do you really have to craft that much? I find it more efficient to just place orders for stuff I need and make it advance instead of crafting it on the fly because you’ll be more disorganized.

Also, I would strongly suggest to stop forging siege save for golems for now. You’re saving 6s as opposed to buying the siege straight off the TP, If we factor in buy orders since you’re spending the time forging them anyways, you’re actually spending a lot of time to lose gold while going through all that trouble to craft them one by one. If you’re going to spend time on the forge, you’re better off using many of the other mystic forge formulas with your spirit shards to make a lot more gold and buy siege off the TP. (Not to mention you could sell those materials and regular siege blueprint anyways)

http://www.gw2shinies.com/alchemy.php Just look at how terrible Superior Siege (except for Omegas, but that’s not even that good) is for the value of the spirit shards. Look at what you could do in less time and for more gold.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Okay … what are all these loading screens people are complaining about taking minutes long?

I must be missing something because every time I log in , I load to LA and it takes like maybe 8-10 seconds (generally acceptable imho) and I’m in LA