Requesting WvW status update

in WvW

Posted by: TogoChubb.3984

TogoChubb.3984

The entire Anet staff should be repurposed to fix CULLING! Until that’s fixed the game will suffer greatly.

Honestly, the new system has mostly fixed culling for me.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Culling-Poll-1327-votes-23-Better-64-Worse/page/5

It’s not scientific, however, I haven’t seen anything that points to an improvement in culling aside from a small minority of players.

Commander Togochubb aka Chubby
Perfect Dark [PD] – Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

The entire Anet staff should be repurposed to fix CULLING! Until that’s fixed the game will suffer greatly.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Culling-Poll-1327-votes-23-Better-64-Worse/page/5

It’s not scientific, however, I haven’t seen anything that points to an improvement in culling aside from a small minority of players.

I feel as if mist people voting in that poll are either mostly upset (people with no problems don’t come on forums to complain), or are suffering from confirmation bias.

I could be wrong, but the difference in culling has been extreme. Perhaps it’s a rendering issue for those still having problems?

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

TogoChubb.3984

I feel as if mist people voting in that poll are either mostly upset (people with no problems don’t come on forums to complain), or are suffering from confirmation bias.

I could be wrong, but the difference in culling has been extreme. Perhaps it’s a rendering issue for those still having problems?

I hope you are right b/c if not there are a lot of people that will leave this game and I do not want that to happen. I want this game to succeed as it is a great game other than the culling IMO. Maybe it is a server to server issue, however, I haven’t spoken with many people on my server that think it has gotten any better. Just one man’s observation of discussing the issue with guild leaders on my server.

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

I think there were a fair amount of votes also in the first week, when they sneak-fixed whatever the problems were with the population, it also made culling a bit better.
I voted worse, and it still is, just not as bad as at start.

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

I voted worse, but the last 2 days it has been both better and worse.

Trying to take hills, 20 vs 25ish: friendly – could only see green dots on the mini map, and the 2 guys downed near the cats and ac; enemy – could see about 10 on the wall, the 15ish [no idea really since they kept appearing and vanishing (not thieves or mesmers) every other second] that jumped out to wipe us, only got half of us, I believe they had the same trouble. They couldn’t see us to attack us, as the red names just appeared/disappeared/reappeared, as if the game couldn’t figure out what was real to tell my client about.

Defending Hills, 3 way fight 25ish vs. 25+ vs 20+, with great movement by both BG and KN inside – not to mention them going at it: I could see most friendly players without any vanishing. Occasionally someone would appear I hadn’t seen, but these were away from the main fight. The wall engagements vs. KN where BG kind of pushed them over, with KN coming back for an awesome rally, BG strategically withdrew, and honestly helped us keep hills – …the point here is I saw it all, every enemy attacking inner, those on outer, the siege they had down, and other than some minor server side ability lag, it rocked. If it was like this for every fight, no one would complain about culling, ever.

But than we go back to, nowhere near anyone/anything, get killed by a warrior (hammer) and ranger. Took them about 10 seconds to kill me, I dropped marks on the ground under me when I took the first hit thinking thief, and they were still there when I died. I could never target them, and they never appeared until I was dead and I saw them heading off. Had to check the combat log to see what skills hit me, hammer and shortbow. At least the server was kind enough to tell them I existed.

I’m not holding my breath for a fix.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

I think, from reading the thread, people are voting “not fixed” as opposed to “not improved”.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

Still waiting for a response anet …

Any news of ESO?

in WvW

TogoChubb.3984

From my guilds experience it’s much worse. People never seem to render completely atm on Darkhaven. It’s like there is a cap on how many people render in a given radius. I have a higher end PC and have settings at optimal performance so I do not believe that is the issue and it isn’t just me noticing this on our server. I guess these threads don’t really matter since only the complainers come here to voice their opinions….problem I have with that is I can’t seem to find many in the game that agree with your perspective. To the contrary I’m hearing complaints now from the PvE folk. Also, cherry picking a couple of people saying they voted "not fixed " from the poll is worse then saying the poll is right. The poll was clear with it’s question and If someone can’t understand the question then that person’s opinion/vote is severly discredited. Anet said that culling isn’t fixed and the poll asked if the update was better or worse.

Glad it’s better for you.

in WvW

Posted by: ViperWire.4261

ViperWire.4261

This is not a thread discussing culling as much as the communication lacking from Anet to update us on the game they told us would be earthshaking.

As I post this, unannouced new build that took me out of WvW 2 seconds after notification. Thanks for the heads up as usual Anet

Invalid Password [EVOH] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

This is not a thread discussing culling as much as the communication lacking from Anet to update us on the game they told us would be earthshaking.

As I post this, unannouced new build that took me out of WvW 2 seconds after notification. Thanks for the heads up as usual Anet

It’s cool man they were going to fix this in December then it got delayed just keep ya chin up!

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: CrAzY.3275

CrAzY.3275

It’s cool man they were going to fix this in December then it got delayed just keep ya chin up!

This. All of this.
Please just stop kicking us out every single reset, not to mention all the other times everyweek…

in WvW

Posted by: Hasteo.6437

Hasteo.6437

Great post Invalid.

TBH I think ANET has too much on their plate and I think we’ll be lucky if we get any feedback from them on the well your noted points. They are pretty good at keeping us out of the loop when it comes to upcoming changes that are in progress. Lets hope for a nice suprise in March for WvW updates, I really don’t think we’ll see much this month.

Hasteo [EVOH] – Maguuma

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

Great post Invalid.

TBH I think ANET has too much on their plate and I think we’ll be lucky if we get any feedback from them on the well your noted points. They are pretty good at keeping us out of the loop when it comes to upcoming changes that are in progress. Lets hope for a nice suprise in March for WvW updates, I really don’t think we’ll see much this month.

Oddly enough, they were the polar opposite during the betas. Hell, I still have PMs from guildwars2guru from Anet staff.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

For example, they said that they are

“Exploring ways to help get more people playing WvW, as well as dealing with queue issues that come with those inherent issues of player population and demand.”
Well cool that sounds great in a general sense. But what actual ideas are being considered and what is being implemented? Are they actually good ideas? We players should be informed of their plans, give our opinions, before Anet spent man-hours on these ideas.

That actually flies in the face of the recent queue issues seemingly to do with anet reducing the population on the maps.

That sucks. Queues are already pretty bad on Fridays.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

The single greatest source of customer dissatisfaction in any arena is the feeling that you’re being ignored or aren’t important. ANet has raised this to an art form.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

ViperWire.4261

The single greatest source of customer dissatisfaction in any arena is the feeling that you’re being ignored or aren’t important. ANet has raised this to an art form.

You are referring to Anet 2.0

Anet that was active during Gw1 before 2006~ was the best customer service I have experienced to this day.

It’s terrible that even Gaile Grey cannot communicate as she had in Gw1, either she is being suppressed from doing so; OR whoever makes the decision, decided that keeping an open line of communication is not necessary if your goal is to deceive for quick profits then back with false promises.

The gem store would have never happened in Gw1 because Gw1 was too busy trying to grow the amount of players in Gw rather than what will make more short-term profit.

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

Anet that was active during Gw1 before 2006~ was the best customer service I have experienced to this day.

It’s terrible that even Gaile Grey cannot communicate as she had in Gw1, either she is being suppressed from doing so; OR whoever makes the decision, decided that keeping an open line of communication is not necessary if your goal is to deceive for quick profits then back with false promises.

The gem store would have never happened in Gw1 because Gw1 was too busy trying to grow the amount of players in Gw rather than what will make more short-term profit.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nexon has had some say in the customer service/press department…

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I personally think they went dark because Colin’s post got ripped to shreds to the point where they had to close their own thread. Why post anything that could change before it’s patched and only have more people jump down your throat?

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Yep its amazing how they’ve almost completely trashed their brand since those days.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

ViperWire.4261

I personally think they went dark because Colin’s post got ripped to shreds to the point where they had to close their own thread. Why post anything that could change before it’s patched and only have more people jump down your throat?

If that is the case, they are the kid in class that does not want to read his presentation in front of the class in fear of getting picked on or someone not agreeing with every word they have to say.

If Anet neglects a game this much, they should expect bitter feedback. The longer they wait to respond, the worse it will get.

Best thing they could do is grow balls and communicate, whether or not they get attacked should never matter. This is a job/career, they need to treat it as more than an internship and defend their company by improving their product; not by deleting every suggestion and then some from their forums.

If your product is not up to par, and you are SO FORTUNATE to have a client/customer base telling you EXACTLY what is wrong with your product. Then, it is solely your fault if your product is not up to par with the standards that you have implanted into your clients/customers.

That is actually how product and service based companies operate. If they are doing a poor job and are told what they did poorly, they improve.

Anet has done a poor job communicating to their players, they need to improve that.

in WvW

ViperWire.4261

Yep its amazing how they’ve almost completely trashed their brand since those days.

Very sad really

And the fact that I am 1 infraction away from a permanent forum ban is just disgusting to say the least.

Offer feedback, get infracted :\

in WvW

Posted by: silkysoft.6749

silkysoft.6749

Also hope this wvw update removes commander tags, with gold refund and make them only available through guilds and influence. Pve players do not deserve to have a pasty blue icon on the map. They already have better gear then us.

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

Very sad really

And the fact that I am 1 infraction away from a permanent forum ban is just disgusting to say the least.

Offer feedback, get infracted :\

How many infractions does it take for a permanent forum ban? There were a few of my posts that got removed. Do those count as infractions?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

How many infractions does it take for a permanent forum ban? There were a few of my posts that got removed. Do those count as infractions?

They won’t tell us how many because we could manipulate it. And I think they probably would count.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Nfamous.4168

Nfamous.4168

camelot. unchained.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

OP ought to be infracted. How dare he ask questions that require informative answers!

(bump for Invalid)

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

They won’t tell us how many because we could manipulate it. And I think they probably would count.

Whenever a post gets deleted or moved, you get a pm about it. Count your “Infraction” PMs.
I have a fair amount of infractions (can’t be bothered counting), but no clue how close or far i am to a ban.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Still waiting for a response anet …

Any news of ESO?

ESO release date is January 2014 with public beta starting some time in third quater of this year.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: codiac.5642

codiac.5642

World vs world should be a FOUR SERVER MATCH UP.

THIS! Trivial to implement with a small change to the current BL map.

You end up with 6 Tiers of 4 teams.

+ at the end of the run the lowest ranked team is demoted, and the highest rated team is promoted, regardless of their scores relative to the tiers above/below.

Yes, just like divisions in football, duh.

+ if you are the highest ranked team in Tier 1 & your participated in W4Wyou get one point in the title Champion of Champions and a well spec’ed amulet.

+ if you are the bottom team in Tier 6 and you participated in W4W you get the title Wooden Spooner, yes the whole tile, + a profession appropriate skin to make a one handed weapon look like a wooden spoon.

++ for extra credit you should be able to ally with another world, which allows you to enter their keeps and heal them, etc, but still doesn’t allow you to chat (mwahahahahaha) because all is fair in love and W4W. However if one of the teams is leading the Tier then the other team should be able to break the truce “just a little bit” without breaking the treaty (again mwahahahahaha).

HOD since beta

in WvW

Posted by: codiac.5642

codiac.5642

+ a profession appropriate skin to make a one handed weapon look like a wooden spoon.

Clearly on reflection a hammer that looked like a wooden spoon would be awesome, so two handed spoony skins should also be available.

HOD since beta

in WvW

Posted by: Scleameth.6809

Scleameth.6809

Let’s stick to the OP and other probs you see with WvW. Don’t come with solutions or views… doing so might just see this thread being moved to the “suggestions” section – never to be seen again: “out of sight, out of mind”.

FC – [SNKY]
Keep the Faith (and stay out of AC fire)

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

World vs world should be a FOUR SERVER MATCH UP.

THIS! Trivial to implement with a small change to the current BL map.

…how can you honestly say it’s trivial to implement?

And why do you want a 4 server matchup?

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in WvW

Posted by: Veles.1405

Veles.1405

B-b-b-bump! <3 Invalid

Anyways, we got small tidbits today… Something, but definitely hoping for more

https://twitter.com/DragonSeasonCom/status/304249153335218176
“Colin: Orange swords in WvW won’t show if there are less than ~25 people after February’s update (unsure exact number)”

https://twitter.com/DragonSeasonCom/status/304240335310159872
“Colin: WvW updates will not introduce new skills. Will bring passive abilities aimed towards group play eg. Extra supply”

The silence has been broken-ish but just makes me want more… Please come to tell us on the forums, Anet instead of retweets!

All hail the Great Lord Flame Ram!
(Supply be unto him)

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

B-b-b-bump! <3 Invalid

“Colin: Orange swords in WvW won’t show if there are less than ~25 people after February’s update (unsure exact number)”

“Colin: WvW updates will not introduce new skills. Will bring passive abilities aimed towards group play eg. Extra supply”

The silence has been broken-ish but just makes me want more… Please come to tell us on the forums, Anet instead of retweets!

That’s pretty lackluster, and gives the impression the update is going to be very small in comparison to what I was expecting, or hoping for.

This update is really a make it, or break it scenario for me.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

B-b-b-bump! <3 Invalid

That’s pretty lackluster, and gives the impression the update is going to be very small in comparison to what I was expecting, or hoping for.

This update is really a make it, or break it scenario for me.

Same here……..

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Personally, the silence from Anet has more to do with the past issues with making promises and then having to retract them (Rangers promises and re starting w3 are two examples). Anet is figuring out it is better to stay quiet and deliver product then make promises they have to back track out of. Tell us about it once it is finalized rather than tell us what they’re planning to do, then not be able to deliver it.

my 2c.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

The more i read this thread the more i want answers. Concurrently, the more i read the less likely it is that ANet will respond.

The reason is because, as most of you would know if you’ve been following, ANet are so far behind relative to what the WvW community expects. That ANY answer we get from them is going to be total bull kitten. I’m not expecting much from this March update.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Bumping this in the hopes for a reply to even one of these items.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

Personally, the silence from Anet has more to do with the past issues with making promises and then having to retract them (Rangers promises and re starting w3 are two examples). Anet is figuring out it is better to stay quiet and deliver product then make promises they have to back track out of. Tell us about it once it is finalized rather than tell us what they’re planning to do, then not be able to deliver it.

my 2c.

Of course the risk of this is spending 100s of hours coding something, only to find out later that the players absolutely hates that idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

camelot. unchained.

If Mark Jacobs involved, it will be trash.

in WvW

Posted by: Bluesavanah.8562

Bluesavanah.8562

If I were a betting man I’d stake money on the next serious overhaul of WvW will be bundled in the next expansion available to buy from your local game store. Until then expect a few tweaks here and there but nothing that’s going to thrill anyone.

Commander, Malicious Mischief [MM] ,Gandara
[MM] recruiting currently

in WvW

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

There should be multi-guild alliances which can be created across all servers with a “roster cap”, and then those alliances compete against each other in a BL. it is the responsibility of the alliance to fill in their coverage gaps for the 1 BL for 3day-1 week matchup.

That way alliances create their own roster and then go at it, and alliances move up or down.

A NA guild(s) from JQ, with a Oceanic guild(s) from SoS and an asian guild(s) from Dragonbrand and a Euro guild(s) from Blackgate can form an alliance within their roster cap and fight other guild alliances.

Game would be 100x more fun and interesting. Be a lot of dynamics and change, with the ability for anyone to put together an “alliance” and be competitive, right now the server v server is stagnant.

And quite frankly, this type of system would actually fit the game name infinitely better than what the system is now.

in WvW

Posted by: Nameo.6842

Nameo.6842

There should be an invulnerability buff to wall and gate (maybe siege and prevent siege placement) in WvW after an update to prevent ennemies to rush undefended towers and keeps.

Dunno what people may think of this idea, but a 5-10-15 minutes buff would help.

Losing a fully upgraded garrison full of supply and weapons just after an update because some ennemies logged back faster and choose to rush a keep on a borderland isn’t a fair thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

• Siege blueprints being soulbound but still able to transfer between characters (seems like 2 people in the same department disagreed on this solution which is why we can trade the blueprints by dropping them but yet they are “soulbound”)

Anet has commented on this specifically.
1) Anet intended them to be unbound
2) The #2 ability that stows the item, requires the item to be soulbound under the current inventory system, otherwise the #2 becomes broken
3) The current method of transfering the items is intended, when the above is resolved they will probably remove the soulbound designation.
4) It is not currently high priority to fix this, as there are things with higher priority, such as culling and queue issues.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Probably because they are spewing combofields like no ones business on top of themselves, and your computer cant handle it.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]