SOS/JQ/SBI-Week of 12/7 NonScore Discussion

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

As stated in last weeks post. This thread is for the discussion of anything Non Score for the weeks matchup. The thread topic is anything as long as you remain civil, as laid out by the official rules and code of conduct.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Wow so is it official? PRX left SOS?

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

That’s what I hear. I’m trying to research now so I don’t get surprised later in the week by a massive PRX zerg while I’m picking wildflowers somewhere for Jang Gun.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

This is what I found. Seems Legit.

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

Yes they are moving to Seafarer’s Rest (EU) – looking for new challenges. I certainly wish them well as I think all on SoS.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

Our Champ just took a smoke break. :<

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: DaKenster.5801

DaKenster.5801

Clearly that is just Linnea in disguise going after the….Jackalope!

JQ- [VG]

in WvW

Posted by: Beyonce.3207

Beyonce.3207

Yes they are moving to Seafarer’s Rest (EU) – looking for new challenges. I certainly wish them well as I think all on SoS.

Not surprising. In SOS’s 2nd and 3rd wins, our average troop strength became less and less each passing week, with the outmanned buff a persistent problem during the EU prime time zone.

Mostly, the PRX commanders when on at EB would be at the jp asking for donations. Had it not been from rising commanders like Ama and Tritix from other guilds putting in long productive hours, we would not be where we are.

Good luck PRX, thanks for your contributions.

in WvW

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

I hate guilds that hop around and boost servers to where they shouldn’t be only to have them get pummeled

in WvW

Posted by: profitsports.5789

profitsports.5789

there is a prx on stormbluff and jq

the prx from sos left for a euro server

i think they were scared to lose and tarnish their record of weekly wins lawl

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Who says SoS will be pummeled? They got some pretty hardcore teams on their server..

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

From a 2 weeks experience in T1 euro, they will get bored doing player vs. doors. They will play when europeans are sleeping.

It really isn’t the same thing as what Oceanic/EU guilds are experiencing in T1 NA.

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

(edited by Troop.1369)

in WvW

Posted by: Avatara.1042

I hate guilds that hop around and boost servers to where they shouldn’t be only to have them get pummeled

Thank you for insulting all of SoS.

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

Dear OES commander with the legendary sword Twilight. That little SBI commander in the black and blue costume that chased you from bluebriar, all through bluelake, onto the vista platform, back into the water through bluelake again, and near bluebriar where you either alt+f4d or waypointed was me, and I’d appreciate if you came back and let me finish kicking in your helmet. I chased you forever and deserve that kill
Sincerely.
CG

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: Drop Bear.5839

Drop Bear.5839

Relax mate. We’ll demonstrate why we’re where we are this week.

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

There are a few ‘joke’ PRX guilds around, as I’ve seen them. They aren’t ‘real’ PRX

I’d say SoS should still have decent numbers due to the large amount of bandwagoners. Even when PRX/TA left HoD, it took a few weeks for the server to fall apart.

As always, the weekend is a crappy time to worry about the score. We’ll see what Monday brings. GL everyone. Let’s have another great week.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

You’re pretty much forgetting SoS has a solid Oceanic player base that aren’t abandoning ship any time soon. You won’t see SoS do a HoD dive.

That little SBI commander in the black and blue costume

Could of fooled me. Could of sworn you were wearing all red.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

in WvW

Posted by: Rusalka.5930

Rusalka.5930

It’s “could’ve” – aussies always piss me off with this grammatical error /endgrammarnazi

As for SBI’s very own [PRX] guild people keep calling out in map chat, I made it for the havoc squad I ran with

Forever home in JQ ~ [ATM]

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

You’re pretty much forgetting SoS has a solid Oceanic player base that aren’t abandoning ship any time soon. You won’t see SoS do a HoD dive.

That little SBI commander in the black and blue costume

Anyone that’s in first place for any length of time says the same thing… then the inevitable toxicity and complacency sets in. It’s cost many a good server in the end. I hope you can maintain it, just be prepared for the bandwagoners to flood in and start killing your morale. Tonight, on SBI, we had 3 or so guys screaming over and over for everyone to bring supplies to the Jump Puzzle because JQ was camping it. They would NOT stop. When confronted they began to attack the commanders and our servers skills to the point it became hard to do anything until we reported and blocked them. If you haven’t received similar people yet, enjoy when their ship arrives.

And naw. My cossie stays the same color because I’m that amazing <3

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: Kyiv.9621

Kyiv.9621

I don’t he was intentionally trying to SoS, but instead speaking generally about these no loyalty server hoppers that use the “want a new experience” excuse.

in WvW

SoS has never had many ‘bandwagoners’, and I doubt many people still even do that, seeing as Anet likes to ignore wvw.

in WvW

I don’t he was intentionally trying to SoS, but instead speaking generally about these no loyalty server hoppers that use the “want a new experience” excuse.

I have nothing against PRX. They were with us for months.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxon.5392

Jaxon.5392

SoS will be fine without PRX. Not sure their motivation for leaving, hope it’s not about trying to keep some win streak alive, that’s a sure sign of signing out of a game.

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

Did PRX start on SOS?

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

No but they came when SoS was ranked 10th.

They probably left because of their ‘little streak’. Anyway they probably went to euro so they can claim “yo we dominate euro wvw too!” They’re at Seafarer’s Rest now which is ranked 4th and is now dominating their current tier ( I don’t know how well the server played previously) but right now they’re decimating and looks to be a huge score line.

Illuc̩ption РMesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

in WvW

Posted by: Treylor.2849

Treylor.2849

Did PRX start on SOS?

PRX was in the Titan alliance on HoD at launch

Redneck Necro
The Old Timers Guild [OTG]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Leo Paul.1659

We’ll miss them..
So far, SOS is doing relatively good although I’ve noticed the outmanned buff more frequently on me now than in the past weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

Nothing to see here, just another group of locusts. All these team-stacking TA guilds hopping from server to server, “looking for a challenge”…they lack staying power, and that means something. TA was together on HoD for what, a month? If that? They spent an awful lot of time touting their “30-0 record”, which consisted of a multitude of 24 hour matches (some of these matches were even less than 24 hours), then spent the rest of their time in GW2 hopping servers. Not impressed. SoS, you should be fine, the bandwagoners were the least of your problems. In my opinion, the continued existence of these disloyal guilds that change direction with the shifting sand, are worse. If you’re bemoaning the loss of PRX from SoS, let me ask you a question; What about the players that originated on servers like HoD and ET, who were basically abandoned and left to slowly plummet down through the rankings, getting pounded week in and week out? The players and guilds that stuck around there, are far more deserving of respect, in my opinion.

And for those saying that these guilds are leaving because there “is nothing to do in WvW”; what about PvP? Honestly, if you aren’t playing WvW for the player versus player interaction, you’re something other than a PvPer. I’ll submit to you that these guilds are in fact frivolous, and chase the next shiny thing. This is good for GW2, it’s what it takes for the game to mature. Get rid of the pretenders and the ACTUAL GW2 community will develop and prosper. We’re getting closer to that every time a guild in the vein of Ruin, leaves the game. Good times ahead peeps.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

(edited by crewthief.8649)

in WvW

Jedbacca.6297

I may be quite hungover, but I do remember one thing I asked last night. “Can we leave Garrison open on the outer gates to have JQ and SoS keep flowing in? This is fun!” This was on JQ BL last night btw.

in WvW

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

I may be quite hungover, but I do remember one thing I asked last night. “Can we leave Garrison open on the outer gates to have JQ and SoS keep flowing in? This is fun!” This was on JQ BL last night btw.

I was in EB last night, and the fighting around Pangloss between us and SBI was awesome. Constant “push/pull” struggle.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

I remember I messaged you… about PRX, and you said something along the lines of :
“well girl It’s like this, you know my stance. I’m here to kill and it ain’t like that. fight the good fight and to the end. SOS will be fine. .Relax girl. oh I might be drunk”, then you disappeared.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: Ashlov.3819

Ashlov.3819

Most of PRX were really fun people to hang out with. Unfortunately, their GM is a megalomaniac man-child with a pathetically amusing Napoleon complex. Video games aren’t real life; it’s rather sad to compromise your integrity as a human being for pixelated glory.

Chuck Chuck Bobuck – Dwarec Mercs [DM] – NA Guild on Sanctum of Rall
http://www.dwarecmercs.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DARC_rwUQ

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

Most of PRX were really fun people to hang out with. Unfortunately, their GM is a megalomaniac man-child with a pathetically amusing Napoleon complex. Video games aren’t real life; it’s rather sad to compromise your integrity as a human being for pixelated glory.

wait.. wait.. whoa. are you telling me this isn’t real?!
Why the heck have I been sharpening this sword and standing on this hill for 4 hours watching for the SOS zerg?!?! No wonder my neighbors keep lookin at me. :<

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

Shhhh… don’t tell anyone. But, since I’ve learned that we can add anyone (IDs) to our contact list, I’ve been adding respectable commanders to my contact list in-game.

So here’s a question for the thread: Who are the leaders you respect or appreciate?

Since the best leaders make the best followers, I encourage leaders to respond to the question too and point out their favorites. We might not know them by their toon names, so it may be helpful to reference them by their IDs.

Take a moment out of you day and say something encouraging about one of your leaders… what is a quality that they possess that inspires you?

(edited by zortek.9607)

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

Amaranth of War: “Move Like Ball”, “Come in Me”, “Be like 300! Make all (insert our color)” nuff said.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

lol… the day SoS entered T1 I told you PRX was leaving.

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

This same crap happened on HoD. You win for a few weeks and then guilds leave because they feel they “beat the game”. Now SoS has to deal with one of their maps that PRX took care of having no coverage.

I don’t blame them though. Tier 1 isn’t what it use to be. It’s just sad seeing outmanned debuff constantly, but I honestly don’t see what kind of competition they’re going to get on European servers that are always medium – very high population.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

(edited by ComeAndSee.1356)

in WvW

Posted by: sil.4160

sil.4160

What sort of challenge do you think PRX will get? PRX is a US timezone guild playing on an EU server

in WvW

Posted by: coronbale.3894

coronbale.3894

Greetings all on behalf of TSYM!

First, let me just say VERY WELL DONE to all opponents, especially those on EB BL. We were all raring for a good competitive week, and you guys did not disappoint. Amazing response time especially when your keeps were in danger, was hoping we could get in there and reset, and both JQ and SBI denied us! Keep up the great work all competitors.

Good luck to PRX on the EU circuit, if you ever decide to come back to NA, we look forward to competing against you!

TSYM will be recruiting hard, working on our training, and trying out some new tactical plays in EB BL. If you are itching for a challenge, we would love to try our tactical plays against some good commanders! NOPE and SF proved a few of our ideas flawed, so well be working on improving them throughout the week. GL to all sides, and see you on the battlefield!

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

in WvW

Jedbacca.6297

Cheers Coronbale, it’s interesting to see new strats from all of us. I see a lot of strat stealing, which is awesome, it’s nice to have a large bank of options to choose from. I’m happy with the competition out there. If you are always dominating every single test option you go in to, then things may get boring.

There’s all sorts of strats to go over with your other team leads, especially when you have outmanned buff. It’s like, hrm, okay how can we make it look like we have more numbers than we really have

As for adding commanders to contact lists, I approve. I’ve been able to develop some pretty cool relations from SoS and JQ commanders and giving each other “good games” in chat. I remember a PM from one SoS commander, “I was at water gate garrison, then at the east gate garr, wtf do you guys keep going!! Well played sir, well played!” I like that competition, everyone’s constantly bringin’ it, even when outmanned, it’s really fun!

in WvW

Posted by: The Wild One.4760

The Wild One.4760

Meh. Sea of Sorrows lost a great (GREAT) guild. Most of us respect their choice and the course of action they took. I wish them nothing but the best of luck on heir conquests elsewhere.

“Oh no PRX has gone. Back to Tier 3 we go!”

Over my dead body -.-

It give the rest of us a shot at the spotlight. So come on lads, show them what we can do without PRX.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on the battlefield!

Founder of “The Shatter Legion” Sea of Sorrows largest guild.

Second Commander in Sea of Sorrows.

in WvW

Posted by: CarelessKrow.8032

CarelessKrow.8032

Mmm, we had some nice fights with TSym in EB yesterday.

I wasn’t very happy when you guys finally flipped my fully upgraded Danelon though. :/

[AoS] Army of Shepherds | Jade Quarry
That thief shooting rainbows at you? That’s me.

in WvW

Leo Paul.1659

Shhhh… don’t tell anyone. But, since I’ve learned that we can add anyone (IDs) to our contact list, I’ve been adding respectable commanders to my contact list in-game.

So here’s a question for the thread: Who are the leaders you respect or appreciate?

Since the best leaders make the best followers, I encourage leaders to respond to the question too and point out their favorites. We might not know them by their toon names, so it may be helpful to reference them by their IDs.

Take a moment out of you day and say something encouraging about one of your leaders… what is a quality that they possess that inspires you?

I got interested in wvw because of 1 commander only. The Illusion from SoS. I joined TS after even though I am mostly PvE prior.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxon.5392

Jaxon.5392

Jaxon likes speaking in the third person. Jaxon learnt this from Daish

(edited by Jaxon.5392)

in WvW

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

Well if they stay i’m fine with that but if you join for a few weeks than leave it messes up ranking and player distribution

in WvW

Posted by: Bashido.8694

Bashido.8694

It’s really not as big of a deal as everyone makes it out to be. We will do just as good without PRX here as with. No one team is going to make or break SoS, and the only people who thought of PRX in such a high manner were PRX and other servers we fought because they were in the original HoD or whatever alliance.

They are the same as every other organized guild on SoS. The loss of bodys sucks, but the other guilds here are just as skilled. We all hold our respective BL’s and together will do what we have been doing day after day.

I wish PRX luck, but lets not get shhht twisted, SoS is successful because of our organization and because we (generally) have an amazing Commander circle that with guild leaders stays in touch on a daily basis and change the game-plan depending on whats going on in the field. The other week, for example we started the week getting stomped and conceded a 20k+ lead. The leadership met midweek, changed our gameplan – rallied the troops – got people fired up – and got back out there.

That’s no small feat given that you guys have some amazing teams and organization.

The bottom line, at least in my opinion – is we are the same SoS we have always been, we just need to move some guilds around until we get a feel for who should be going where to fill the spot left by a guild who could field enough presence to fill a BL.

PRX is a great guild, but was only one of the many pieces of the puzzle that is SoS. We will continue to fight tooth and nail for every last camp =D

Good luck and see yah on the battlefield ~_^

in WvW

Jedbacca.6297

Agg, Thank you!!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: snivs.5134

snivs.5134

Agg, Thank you!!

LOL, Your welcome. Thank you for leaving the Lords room in Bay so we could take it without a fight. Seems like a good trade =)

Commander Oxram Ironbrow 80 Warrior
AGGRESSION [Agg] Sea of Sorrows
http://www.aggression-gw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: cold.3946

cold.3946

The non-score thread is a good idea but I don’t think it needs to be weekly. Perhaps think about making this a permanent thread and just call it Tier 1 non-score discussion.

If you want to segment weekly affairs you can just post in the thread with a reply that states Week of 12/7 below or something.

That way we can have one static thread that encompasses all the non-score issues and lets people read through previous week discussions more easily.

Keg – 80 Guardian | Mini Keg – 80 Mesmer
Strike Force [SF] Stormbluff Isle
www.strikeforceguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

What sort of challenge do you think PRX will get? PRX is a US timezone guild playing on an EU server

I hear they just want to talk to french chicks.

And who could blame them, lol.