Server of the year

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Riiko.4512

Riiko.4512

I vote for FA. You guys have one of the best roamers out there. ( Mag has some lovely roamers as well )
I miss the good old TC-FA fights.

[AHMA] – Rev
Perpetually in the mists

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Now we need a thread for guild of the year!

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

inb4 redguard

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

I’ll go with JQQ. Those kids are like a walking bag piñata and challenge my inventory management skills every time we fight them.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

inb4 redguard

I’d nominate one but T1 NA would try to steal them

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

inb4 redguard

I’d nominate one but T1 NA would try to buy them

Fixed that for you

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Curious how should you measure if a server should be server of the year? Sololy based on wvw then one of the top 4 server. If it is pve which server would be number 1 or which server do most player like to guest to.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

Vizunah Square – Free bags day (French) and night (Canadian).

But seriously, even though I didn’t like how they cooperated with certain servers (even some guilds from my server) they were still pretty dominant and it was always fun fighting against them.

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

Vabbi.
They have been the most consistent of all

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

inb4 redguard

Fixed that for you

You get my +1 for the day. Coming from the #1 buyer of guilds server and not publicly denying it like everyone else.

Isle Of Janthir

Server of the year

in WvW

Zikory.6871

inb4 redguard

Fixed that for you

You get my +1 for the day. Coming from the #1 buyer of guilds server and not publicly denying it like everyone else.

You don’t see the joke in it, We have tried to correct the allocations of buying guilds and what exactly constitutes “buying”. Also have asked repeatedly for any names, rates, and proof of any claim made, all of which have failed to do. So as far as I’m concerned, might as well jump on the bandwagon and make a joke out of it.

Zikory – Retired Thief

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

inb4 redguard

Fixed that for you

You don’t see the joke in it, We have tried to correct the allocations of buying guilds and what exactly constitutes “buying”. Also have asked repeatedly for any names, rates, and proof of any claim made, all of which have failed to do. So as far as I’m concerned, might as well jump on the bandwagon and make a joke out of it.

Outside of T1 almost every server constitutes buying guilds as paying any sort of transfer money. I hope I cleared that up for you top 3 <3

Isle Of Janthir

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

inb4 redguard

Fixed that for you

Lol, hilarious choice of words

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Server of the year

in WvW

Zikory.6871

inb4 redguard

Fixed that for you

Outside of T1 almost every server constitutes buying guilds as paying any sort of transfer money. I hope I cleared that up for you top 3 <3

Oh yeah? All the people on all the servers have one like minded opinion? How would one gather that much data?

Zikory – Retired Thief

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

For all their trash talking roamers, I’ll still put in vote for Maguuma. Plenty of good fights to be had with them

[DONE]

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

I’d vote BG. World first Tequatl kill, on the way to NA Season 1 champ, a class act even/especially when steamrolling lower tier servers (like the ~8wks TC spent in T2 with BG last spring).

Even though BG is taking some chaff for now for recruiting for Season 1, they’re one of the few servers that rose steadily through the ranks to T1 with hard work and perseverence, rather than a single instant big influx of guilds from an imploding server that shot them up to T1. Only JQ has a better record in that respect, having started in T1 and never fallen out of it.

JQ would be a close second, simply by virtue of never having been out of T1 in the history of the game. It would be interesting to see how they’d handle it if they did get dropped to T2, though I don’t foresee that ever happening now that server transfers are so expensive.

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

I’d vote BG. World first Tequatl kill, on the way to NA Season 1 champ, a class act even/especially when steamrolling lower tier servers (like the ~8wks TC spent in T2 with BG last spring).

Even though BG is taking some chaff for now for recruiting for Season 1, they’re one of the few servers that rose steadily through the ranks to T1 with hard work and perseverence, rather than a single instant big influx of guilds from an imploding server that shot them up to T1. Only JQ has a better record in that respect, having started in T1 and never fallen out of it.

JQ would be a close second, simply by virtue of never having been out of T1 in the history of the game. It would be interesting to see how they’d handle it if they did get dropped to T2, though I don’t foresee that ever happening now that server transfers are so expensive.

JQ has dropped to T2 for 2 matches.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

i’d vote BG. what they would have never won on their own they flat out dominated via their buying and renting of guilds. well played.

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

FA I guess.

TC x FA 4ever, what is this T1 bullkitten?

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

Voting for Vabbi – simply because I’d be there had we not won gold league.

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

my vote is for the last place gold, silver and bronze servers and their players who logged in every day and fought even tho they got [kittened] in their [kitten] for 7 long weeks in a row.

^ This, except extended to all of the non-stacked servers in each of the league tiers.

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

GoM

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Sam Gem.1246

Sam Gem.1246

You obviously don’t know about the rating system prior to seasons. Ratings were based on a variation of elo, a chest rating system. Even though the server found itself in T2, its rating was not T2. It was only a random algorithm that placed the server there. For example, from July 20, 2013 to August 10, 2013, JQ was in T2 but still won third place.

A history of JQ’s performance can be found here:
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/29

(edited by Sam Gem.1246)

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

You obviously don’t know about the rating system prior to seasons. Ratings were based on a variation of elo, a chest rating system. Even though the server found itself in T2, its rating was not T2. It was only a random algorithm that placed the server there. For example, from July 20, 2013 to August 10, 2013, JQ was in T2 but still won third place.

JQ actually spent at least 1 week in T2 proper back before random matchups, when it was JQ/SBI/HoD/ET as top 4. I believe it was something like JQ/DB/CD? That’s probably what was being referred to. This was before mos.millenium records though, pretty much ancient history.

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Ghrimboff.6357

Ghrimboff.6357

yask bend need to be disqualified from any of those rewards for kitten griefing

[KWBH] The Foo Fighter
SBI Commander

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

Clearly you do not know that the game was released before MOS started updating the matches. There is a 2 month gap. August 28 – October 28. There are pictures of JQ in T2 fighting CD and DB.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

rather than a single instant big influx of guilds from an imploding server that shot them up to T1.

wat

you realize that, this is tier 1, right? BG/SoR are only in T1 because of SBI/SoS implosion…

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

Suprise, surprise.

My vote goes to BG.

Trolling aside (I troll a lot and say some mean things ) this is a server that has hovered around the top for the longest time. They have a core group of guilds who have kept the server at the top in WvW for the longest time. Oh, and that pride. Of course, there is #magswag, but the ammount of hashtags applicable to BG is unmatched.

Their roamers are also some of the best and most coordinated. When the mid-tier servers call T1 zerg trash, it is the might of RIOT and oPP that really show off their small man might to a level that just makes them unmatched. The RGs of the roaming world.

First to kill Teq, and clear winner of season one WvW. BG deserves my thumbs up.

If I were to pick a second, I would pick Maguuma. I server which I can respect, AGAIN, trolling aside. A server that doesn’t care about winning or losing. They care about the fights and having fun. Some kitten good roamers too, and all around just an amazing mindset to be for a WvW server. Thumbs up.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

(edited by magikfox.9658)

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Suprise, surprise.

My vote goes to BG.

Trolling aside (I troll a lot and say some mean things ) this is a server that has hovered around the top for the longest time. They have a core group of guilds who have kept the server at the top in WvW for the longest time. Oh, and that pride. Of course, there is #magswag, but the ammount of hashtags applicable to BG is unmatched.

Their roamers are also some of the best and most coordinated. When the mid-tier servers call T1 zerg trash, it is the might of RIOT and oPP that really show off their small man might to a level that just makes them unmatched. The RGs of the roaming world.

First to kill Teq, and clear winner of season one WvW. BG deserves my thumbs up.

If I were to pick a second, I would pick Maguuma. I server which I can respect, AGAIN, trolling aside. A server that doesn’t care about winning or losing. They care about the fights and having fun. Some kitten good roamers too, and all around just an amazing mindset to be for a WvW server. Thumbs up.

Who are you and what have you done with magikfox?

Haha jk well said bud, well said ^^.

I’d pick BG obvious reasons, but since we are disqualified from picking our own, I’d say SoS fun times, my ex-server so a lot of friends there and some quality guilds fighting hard like CNB who remind me of MERC back when we were on SoS fighting WM and FOO 80mans with our 40, cept when I fight them I feel like FOO/WM xD!

Keep fighting SoS keep the Oc/SEA coverage up and build on it and you’ll be knocking on T1’s door soon enough.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

Server of the year,belongs to the people whom remained in the last ranking world in the bronze league and continue to fight.Respect to those who don’t give up against all odds. Salute.

Why thank you its not easy to get the urge to play WvW when you lose every week for 8months straight, meh o well u get used to it, particularly if your a 1man army defending a lone tower cause everyone else is asleep and your the only oceanic. (A little exaggerated but has happened to me several times)
But seriously being in stale match ups with HoD, SF and Fergies I’d say FC gets the honor since they have also experienced many losses, but it seems like things are getting better for them.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

If this poll comes to a vote, stacked servers win.. again ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I’ll pay you 50g from our warchest to vote for beegee!

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Winespring Brother.2970

Winespring Brother.2970

Ehmry Bay, who is putting up a good fight in the current week’s matchup.

Yak’s Bend
Charr Ranger of the Iron Legion

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: lept.4692

lept.4692

Any and all servers in Bronze league. Rebuilding the communities there is a daunting task, and the people who take on those challenges don’t get near the amount of credit they deserve.

Emu [VLK]

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Traitine.8713

Traitine.8713

I co-nominate SoS and Mags. They got stuck in a horrible spot, but still toughed it out. Didn’t win a single matchup week, but still pushed on.

+1 to both of your servers.

80 Warrior – Akallos Traitine
www.ConstantWarfare.com

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

IoJ would be my vote. Friendliest community I’ve ever seen. Survived after a major exodus, kept fighting overwhelming odds for months against DH and was able to build itself and rise. Experieciencing another exodus just days before leagues

Sad that it didnt end well this year (not over yet but so far) for them. I hope their community is still as good as the day I left

Commander Nachonix

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Vabbi. Best server in EU.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: zoidberg.7801

zoidberg.7801

I am voting for BG. I am from Kaineng, so I’ve only fought them once before, but their reputation as one of the toughest servers to fight is in my opinion well earned, and they definitely deserve it.
I think though that any server that continues to fight after other guilds left them (can you tell I’m a tad bit bitter?) deserves congratulations for putting the time in every day. While not the best server, anyone who puts the time in to making the WvW experience fun deserves a thanks.

Kaineng 4 lyfe yo
Samuel Stormwalker

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: MrFluffy.9307

MrFluffy.9307

+1 for IoJ, tough kittens

Hi

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

Suprise, surprise.

My vote goes to BG.

kitten mate, that’s a nice thing to say… Just so you know, it’s on the testimonial page now! You can’t take it back

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: nomdeplums.5780

nomdeplums.5780

My nomination goes to NSP. I’ll never forget those fun fights with tM, SPCA, and Holy, and I hope they never forget the Abe Lincoln thief. That was the best match-up of Silver League hands down.

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

+1 IoJ hands down – these guys are spunky <3 um

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: QueenEtna.3580

QueenEtna.3580

I vote ehmry bay. They iz number 1 server. Great community and the best small scale roamers. BTW thanks for the bags squishy zerg servers FA, SBI, YB so on

80 War, Thief, Mesmer, Ele, Engi, Ranger, Guard and Necro. Main War: Shiva Mahadiva
Server – Maguuma

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Simply Nooby.6294

Simply Nooby.6294

All Gold League servers (Not hating on Silver or Bronze – Only because I have not been in Bronze and I’ve only been in Silver for a few weeks) get my vote.

Despite the ongoing war going on in the match-up forum, each server has tried extremely hard to make it to the top. Blackgate (my server) came out on top but kudos to everyone else that was there!

As for PvE.. IoJ – without a doubt. No matter the party, each time I’ve been in a group with 1 or more IoJ players, they’ve been quite friendly.

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

TC, the little RP server that could

I still remember our 3 week epic matchup thread with KN, which just also happens to be the last match BG had without SoR or JQ in the matchup, until this weeks with SoS n Mag

any server which goes out no matter the score and despite being outnumbered while having fun

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Glad to see IoJ getting some love.

Tough call for best server of the YEAR, since so many guilds have shifted around. I’d put in my two cents for FC (good players and friendly people, from what I recall), YB (greatest upset in Silver), and Mag (trolls be trolling).

Also, as much bad blood as there is between IoJ and NSP, I still feel they deserve props for being right there with us, getting farmed by the rest of Silver League. And they have some godkitten good roamers.

Second Child

Server of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Recursivision.2367

Recursivision.2367

WTS vote. Minimum offer starting at 50g.

Server of the year

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

WTS vote. Minimum offer starting at 50g.

IoJ is what again?
~Blackgate – Your Vote, Your Wallet.~

Server of the year

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

INB4 rage: I’m joking

Server of the year

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

Server of the year,belongs to the people whom remained in the last ranking world in the bronze league and continue to fight.Respect to those who don’t give up against all odds. Salute.

Vabbi.
They have been the most consistent of all

Voting for Vabbi – simply because I’d be there had we not won gold league.

Vabbi. Best server in EU.

So everyone agrees best server EU = Vabbi right? Kthnx ^^