SoS Vs JQ Vs BG 18/01-25/01

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I have a question for the SoS commanders, at what point numbers wise should a guild get in contact with you guys, like 10,20,30 on a map?

whenever you want, we have a few guilds who field only 10, or 15.
You are more than welcome

Screw that! Contact us when you have 2-5 people and are willing to do things like take supply camps/yak slap/ninja towers etc! The more coordinated self-driven people the better, zergs are good but can’t hold down supply camps everywhere.

If you feel like your group can do something that would help the cause let a commander know.

Alright cool, will do.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Jewel.1457

Jewel.1457

great fights in SoS borderlands tonight, still holding bay firm. And may I just say that zerg of yours is massive.. a sea of Sea of Sorrows

Attachments:

Gamey Blog: Healing the Masses - with the soul of thine enemy
Eriena of JQ-warrior forever

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

great fights in SoS borderlands tonight, still holding bay firm. And may I just say that zerg of yours is massive.. a sea of Sea of Sorrows

You should see the JQ during NA primetime. Its just that we have three massive servers whose numbers are never at their greatest at the same time.

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

I have a question for the SoS commanders, at what point numbers wise should a guild get in contact with you guys, like 10,20,30 on a map?

You might be surprised what 5 people can actually accomplish if what they’re doing is part of the larger plan.

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Last night on our VOIP on BGBL:

“Ten JQ hitting north hills. Never mind, they retreated.”

“Jade Quarry are easily startled, but they will be back, and in greater numbers.”

“Jade Quarry always run single file, and use culling to hide thier strength and numbers.”

“And these guild strikes, too accurate for Jade Quarry, only Sea of Sorrows are this precise”.

_I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of bags all dropped at once…

LOL’d hard. Looking forward to another night of gruesome battles

Good time to check the score on the old tier. Epic parody.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in WvW

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

Score update please.

in WvW

Posted by: Jedahs.2713

Jedahs.2713

ugh

So hard to even say good bye to my friends

anyways, go here

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/79536-farewell-from-jedahs-of-merc/

Now you need a message in that thread to state to come to this one.

oh, you’re right!

Jedahs, Sea of Sorrow’s 1st WvW Commander
Resigned Founder of Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Join 1500+ WvWers @ blacklion.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Kirbyprime.2645

Kirbyprime.2645

Quickie would be

JQ: 300
SoS: 230
BG: 165

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Tier 1 has the tightest grouping of scores of any of the top 5 tiers. They really have been great fights all week.

in WvW

Minoru.1237

I wholeheartedly agree that Waha is an excellent commander and deserves all the accolades he can get. What makes him even better in my opinion is that he is totally understated and reserved about his accomplishments as a commander.

I do have one suggestion with regard to your post: Try not to mix trash talking with praise because it will derail the discussion and obscure the original intention of your post.

Blackgate is putting up a hell of a fight, and JQ does indeed have mesmers, thieves, culling, and largeish zergs.

(edited by Minoru.1237)

in WvW

Posted by: Amity.8549

Amity.8549

You’d be suprised at our numbers, we were really only running 30-40 man zergs, the majority of which were on MERC’s VoIP. We’ve been emulating a lot of the open field combat techniques that I saw RG were using and having a lot of success with it. Now I’m not going to put on a stupid voice and say that we were constantly constantly wiping outnumbering forces but it was definitely a lot of fun seeing those large scale combat techniques pushed into play effectively

Oi Oi Oi ! i dont talk a lot in forums but this time i will !. i have to cheer Waha and his Foo guild for its Extreme efficiency : my hat is yours for all the time i spend in wvw … i have 1 word : wow ! . Countless sos zergs trashed again and again and again ! ( of course we barely attacked black gate since they hide and never attack sos…. ) Waha continue your excelent work, I am not in your guild but you have my hat and sincere admiration. Black gate continue your superb work at what u do best. Sos …. one day you will be able to win without mesmers , thieves, culling and 30-40-50+ zergs etc … also continue your excelent work .

Waha is amazing, but FOO run with zergs of equal or greater size. I’ve seen Waha being able to sit close to 70 people guarding one treb location, was pretty nuts.

Amarathy
[ETA]

in WvW

Posted by: Amity.8549

Amity.8549

Score update, 1:42am GMT+8

Attachments:

Amarathy
[ETA]

in WvW

Posted by: Ohai.8346

Ohai.8346

If i were a betting man id say JQ will win this game. Taking advantage of SoS’ lack of euro timezone then turtling up behind their walls through NA. Took them 7 guild xfers, but i think theyve got this one if it continues.

[FoE] Fist of the Empire
www.FistoftheEmpire.org
10x Tier 1 Champions

in WvW

Minoru.1237

I’m not sure JQ will make it this week because guilds are only halfway transferred at this point. It will be close, but I know there are going to be a few more blackout attempts on JQ during Oceanic prime time to help Yaki get in. SoS will be able to take advantage of that. I think the really interesting fight will begin on the 28th when everything becomes more stable.

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

If i were a betting man id say JQ will win this game. Taking advantage of SoS’ lack of euro timezone then turtling up behind their walls through NA. Took them 7 guild xfers, but i think theyve got this one if it continues.

Oh really? I thought you said this earlier

Not gonna happen. Unless JQ mass recruit skilled oceanics and do blackouts for the next month getting them in, they’re gonna lose every week to the superior oceanic forces of SoS.
JQ pull ahead only in euro timezones, around noon central. But thats it. Also when RG move away again, and when PRX move again when they lose (confirmed as being considered), then its 2nd place at best for JQ.

Sooo now you’re wrong? I just don’t get your posts sometimes.

Besides the obvious fact that you try modes of disinformation to see if anything sticks.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

(edited by Wotah.2975)

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Bitter much ?

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in WvW

Ohai.8346

Not gonna happen. Unless JQ mass recruit skilled oceanics and do blackouts for the next month getting them in, they’re gonna lose every week to the superior oceanic forces of SoS.
JQ pull ahead only in euro timezones, around noon central. But thats it. Also when RG move away again, and when PRX move again when they lose (confirmed as being considered), then its 2nd place at best for JQ.

Besides the obvious fact that you try modes of disinformation to see if anything sticks.

How am i wrong? The mass recruit happened, a minimum of 7 large WvW guilds poured in and is stopping SoS from retaking what JQ take in euro hours.
Next week it wont be so easy to cap everything when MERC etc go to bed.

[FoE] Fist of the Empire
www.FistoftheEmpire.org
10x Tier 1 Champions

in WvW

JaredKincade.9761

How am i wrong? The mass recruit happened, a minimum of 7 large WvW guilds poured in and is stopping SoS from retaking what JQ take in euro hours.

Black Gate is in the exact same boat, except you guys also picked up Never Die.

We picked up no one. On top of that SOR picked up the vast majority of what was left of SBI and we are getting squeezed between you guys. If SoR stayed the way it was and actually earned its rise in rating by gaining rating against SBI without the transfers, BG would have stayed in tier 1 for weeks, as it stands we will get pushed to tier 2 this week or next.

As bad as it seems for your first place team, its about 10x worse for us.

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

We picked up no one. On top of that SOR picked up the vast majority of what was left of SBI and we are getting squeezed between you guys. If SoR stayed the way it was and actually earned its rise in rating by gaining rating against SBI without the transfers, BG would have stayed in tier 1 for weeks, as it stands we will get pushed to tier 2 this week or next.

I think you are going to be ok actually. Its clear your server has a strong core and skilled playerbase. The fortunes of all servers will change alot over the coming months as other distractions come along. As long as your core stays true then you will be able to weather that. There are still guilds looking to move and they can only move to servers with available space. BG might very well be the recipent of some of those in the next few days.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

(edited by Kreen.3925)

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Bah. I play on BG, and I’d say “don’t be so negative”. Yeah, BG hasn’t been the beneficiary of much of the guild movements, but there have been a couple here and there and some individual players. There’s also still 5 days until free transfers end and anything can happen. Yes we will drop to T2 but it’s not the end of the world. We’ve been there before, and I’m confident we’ll see T1 again at some point. I’m personally excited to see some new servers in T2.

Sure SoR hit the lottery, and were in the right place at the right time, but in my opinion they earned it. Until last week they hadn’t won a match in 10 weeks, yet they never dropped a rank spot. Was it due to lack of any other competition? Maybe to a small degree, but it was mainly because they kept coming out every week even though they knew they were going to lose. They could have just quit at any time, but they didn’t. The same can be said for BG, who so far has been the only server kicked out of T1 that has not yet dropped below T2 (not counting SBI but, well, we know what’s going to happen … sorry).

Anyhoo my point is, there’s no reason to be bitter over the situation. With effort and confidence, things have a way of working out.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

Perhaps you’ve missed the contradictions in your own messages.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Blade.9317

Blade.9317

Score update brought to you by Feisty:

Attachments:

[ICoa] Feisty Brat, Mesmer
Blackgate

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

Main difference between this thread and the FA thread.

This thread – people still fighting, Ohai complaining and Azure being his usual self (take that as you will)

FA thread – something about a dolyak parade, and some fighting

This thread never lets me down when I’m bored.

I don’t want to think what will happen if FA ever makes it to tier 1, although this will be for certain a thing – Ohai complaining about dolyak parades.

Also, I came here for Feisty’s updates, because even though I no longer play for JQ, I still like to see how my old server’s doing, and well, Feisty still has the best update pictures in the entire forum.

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Magiofdeath… what are these “dolyak parades” of which you speak?

I think the reason these threads get so heated is because there are a lot of people in these servers that are more passionate about the WvW experience than even they’ll admit.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

if you do ever drop to T2 its because you’re not playing to your strengths. By having less numbers than the other two servers in tier but large enough to make an impact you could of focused on one server and slipped into second place.

It happened in the weekend but then you stopped focusing on JQ and therefore slipped to 3rd.

You don’t have to have the greater numbers to make an impact you can simply align yourself with another force. Its WvWvW afterall.

But its a little too late for that now.

in WvW

Posted by: Churros.7196

Churros.7196

if you do ever drop to T2 its because you’re not playing to your strengths. By having less numbers than the other two servers in tier but large enough to make an impact you could of focused on one server and slipped into second place.

It happened in the weekend but then you stopped focusing on JQ and therefore slipped to 3rd.

You don’t have to have the greater numbers to make an impact you can simply align yourself with another force. Its WvWvW afterall.

If BG wants to stay in T1, they should be hitting whoever is no.1 in the ratings (currently SOS and maybe JQ later on).

They have to remember, the smaller the gap between the top team and the other team, the higher the rating will be.

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

I think the reason these threads get so heated is because there are a lot of people in these servers that are more passionate about the WvW experience than even they’ll admit.

Go check the FA/CD/DB thread, it was actually pretty funny when I read about it. There’s a reddit link in that thread somewhere. I’ll IM it to you if I find it again.

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Truth

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: electricblues.1059

electricblues.1059

I hope you guys at JQ are proud of your victory, too bad you have to exploit potions that cause culling to get it. At 4:30 pm est at SoS garrison the zerg was about half made of up players using the ascalonian mage ghost potion. And no one could figure out how their zerg could disappear in such a small area, well that’s how. I didn’t even see them until I was dead.

Again, congratulations on exploiting culling to win, that’s really impressive.

in WvW

Posted by: moolie.5927

moolie.5927

I hope you guys at JQ are proud of your victory, too bad you have to exploit potions that cause culling to get it. At 4:30 pm est at SoS garrison the zerg was about half made of up players using the ascalonian mage ghost potion. And no one could figure out how their zerg could disappear in such a small area, well that’s how. I didn’t even see them until I was dead.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Veil

Just another careless bird.

in WvW

JaredKincade.9761

Bah. I play on BG, and I’d say “don’t be so negative”. Yeah, BG hasn’t been the beneficiary of much of the guild movements, but there have been a couple here and there and some individual players. There’s also still 5 days until free transfers end and anything can happen. Yes we will drop to T2 but it’s not the end of the world. We’ve been there before, and I’m confident we’ll see T1 again at some point. I’m personally excited to see some new servers in T2.

Sure SoR hit the lottery, and were in the right place at the right time, but in my opinion they earned it. Until last week they hadn’t won a match in 10 weeks, yet they never dropped a rank spot. Was it due to lack of any other competition? Maybe to a small degree, but it was mainly because they kept coming out every week even though they knew they were going to lose. They could have just quit at any time, but they didn’t. The same can be said for BG, who so far has been the only server kicked out of T1 that has not yet dropped below T2 (not counting SBI but, well, we know what’s going to happen … sorry).

Anyhoo my point is, there’s no reason to be bitter over the situation. With effort and confidence, things have a way of working out.

Ah, please do not confuse my attempt at adding perspective to Ohai’s post as being negative. I am very positive about BG and will remain so. That was a state the facts post more than anything else and definitely not bitter.

I actually feel great for BG’s WvW. Our core was tested and held up well, at this point we need to keep adding to the core of our WvW base, continue to train and improve no matter if we are in 3rd or 4th place in the overall rankings. The Tier 1 point spread is very close, closer than any of the top 5 Tiers, and that’s a result of everyone in BG who put in the time this week and last, from our core guilds to the lowest leveled pug who ran yaks, we all contributed and earned it.

I do not think a potential move back to Tier 2 would mean much in the long run to BG. We’ve weathered it once, we will do again and be back. There will be no repeat of what happened to SBI for us.

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I have enjoyed a lot of terrific fights this week. Whoever wins will have earned the weekly win and I congratulate all three teams for putting in again this round.

Good luck, enjoy the fights, try not to be petty.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

Must suck that culling only effects your server… /headdesk

in WvW

electricblues.1059

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Veil

It wasn’t just veil. I saw atleast 5 people with the ascalonian ghost thing on. Why even try to act like it didn’t happen? It’s not like its a bannable exploit, just a douchy move. You guys exploited a transformation in order to make your stealth from veil last longer due to culling.

in WvW

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Only thing I hate about this week is the coming of a certain guild that heavy abuses culling erhm… Basically my computer runs well enough but the other 9/10 players who do not suffer so badly they can’t do anything.

What am I talking about? Mesmer stealth. That ability lets you stealth an entire group of 40+ with just 1 mesmer due to how bugged it is at the moment and add stealth culling on top of it, I salute that guild that uses the broken mechanics of WvW to its fullest.

In case people don’t know yet, stealth culling adds another 3-5 seconds after you lost stealth before you can even see them load on you screen. RG you are great at keeping you’re guys together and moving like godzilla but you’re nothing but culling 24/7 made me lost all respect. But hey whatever it takes to win got it.

in WvW

electricblues.1059

Only thing I hate about this week is the coming of a certain guild that heavy abuses culling erhm… Basically my computer runs well enough but the other 9/10 players who do not suffer so badly they can’t do anything.

What am I talking about? Mesmer stealth. That ability lets you stealth an entire group of 40+ with just 1 mesmer due to how bugged it is at the moment and add stealth culling on top of it, I salute that guild that uses the broken mechanics of WvW to its fullest.

In case people don’t know yet, stealth culling adds another 3-5 seconds after you lost stealth before you can even see them load on you screen. RG you are great at keeping you’re guys together and moving like godzilla but you’re nothing but culling 24/7 made me lost all respect. But hey whatever it takes to win got it.

Can’t say for certain that is is RG doing it intentionally, as I didn’t see any RG guys with the ghost thing on. I did see 2 prx guys running in their zerg as ghosts though. “The Professionals” lol

in WvW

Posted by: wondo.2870

wondo.2870

you guys are aware that with a ghost tonic on you :
A) cannot use siege
B) cannot swap utility skills or elites
C) you can never really fully stealth as the top section of the ghost models hair never actually goes invisible.

also every server/player/guild/team has access to veil, just as they have access to portals.

Might just want to take a step back and think about what you are complaining about.

SAB is LOVE, SAB is LIFE #OccupySAB2014

in WvW

Ohai.8346

welcome VotF to Sea of Sorrows! Finally some euro coverage

[FoE] Fist of the Empire
www.FistoftheEmpire.org
10x Tier 1 Champions

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

We got 15-23 guys on US servers… if you got culling meeting us check your numbers first. Obvious troll is obvious. (HINT: culling starts at 50 players according to ANet)

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

A) cannot use siege
C) you can never really fully stealth as the top section of the ghost models hair never actually goes invisible.

also every server/player/guild/team has access to veil, just as they have access to portals.

Might just want to take a step back and think about what you are complaining about.

SBI

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in WvW

electricblues.1059

A) cannot use siege

No one was manning seige, they were running around and killing anyone who didn’t see them in garrison. Now lets think about that, you guys were able to hide an entire zerg inside garrison while 20+ people were defending. And how is that not an exploit? Veil (or any aoe stealth) + ascalonian ghost means that you guys were hidden until you appeared ontop of your next victim.

This is awful to see because before this week JQ was not known for abusing the games flaws to win. And I know that the majority of JQ wouldn’t condone this kind of blatant cheating.

in WvW

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

can some one provide a score update?

in WvW

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

Not really a RG thing even tho the chance exists they started with it. Even in T4/5 Euro i see tons of guilds using it. The MAIN reason is to make it even more clear who the leader is (we only use commander to lead pugs). Using a ghost plus mark makes it easy to follow in chaotic fights. That said, i never knew it would benefit those who abuse culling. I doubt it’s also their reason for using it because mostly only the leader and a few others use it (to confuse the enemy on who the real leader is).

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Ripred.4605

Ripred.4605

Dude, seriously? You say this as if there’s a way to master culling and use it to an advantage. The only way I know of getting enemies to show up is if you sit there a while or go right into the group. What your asking is for the whole group, (most likely not knowing you guys couldn’t see them) to stop moving so you can see them… Potions are in the game and as far as i’m aware they aren’t bugged, so how can you exploit them? Also, I’ve been part of a small group defending that’s been smashed by an invisible zerg because of culling. All I said was “well dang, at least Anet is working on that…” and respawned. So please, enjoy the game and have a nice day -Gorger

Stop calling me a cat! I’m obviously an over sized combat kitten…

(edited by Ripred.4605)

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Interesting development if true. If so, welcome back to the NA bracket VotF, and grats on the pickup SoS.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Interesting development if true. If so, welcome back to the NA bracket VotF, and grats on the pickup SoS.

It’s true.

Thank you for the welcome SOS.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

BG is playing for rating right now, and is doing pretty good with what it has. I won’t presume to guess how familiar you are with Glicko. Suffice it to say BG pushing back and forth to keep the score between servers closer, is better for BG than trying to focus JQ all week and let SoS have another run away lead.

-KNT- BG

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Lol everytime I read SOS complaining about something it’s a tactic we use and counter in t2 already. Is it because you guys get trapped in this tier and don’t see stuff till someone moves over or up? In my head I see pre bg tier 1 as all three servers arranged in the three lined sides of a triangle taking turns auto attacking each other.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

(edited by Sunspots.9861)

in WvW

JaredKincade.9761

Good luck squeezing them in ;P

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218