Some ANET interfered with our GvG

in WvW

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I still find it funny how people are complaining about a guy doing what he wanted to do inside their mini-game, while they were doing the same thing – on a bigger scale

In this case, i’m on the side of the developer.

Your again missing the point that an Anet employee used his tag as a means of trying to project himself over the GvG and troll.

Who cares… guild leaders and commander pull the same crap everyday.
Smart people understand that’s just a status gimmick that can be ignored

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I’m convinced all the anti-GvG people are casual WvWers who only play once or twice a week. They clearly have no idea how often the GvG guilds play.

is this the same group of people who tell havoc groups that spvp is → that way? I’m just wondering since I have seen gvg vids linked in the SIG of a few people who have told me that small group combat as no place in wvw.

not saying it was you at all. Just that I think gvg may need to work on its PR a bit.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

I’m convinced all the anti-GvG people are casual WvWers who only play once or twice a week. They clearly have no idea how often the GvG guilds play.

Personally I’m not anti nor pro GvG, I don’t care if people do it as it doesn’t affect me in game. What I dislike is the “me me me me me” attitude that occurs, livestreams and forums being spammed with ‘GvG’ and refusal to accept that it isn’t in the games design. That’s annoying enough, but then to insist other people not occupy the same space, and complain that someone was in the way (the fact he was from ANet doesn’t really matter) is silly. A thread about someone interfering with GvG in a game that doesn’t endorse it is a bit pointless.

I agree he should not have used his tag though.

is this the same group of people who tell havoc groups that spvp is -> that way? I’m just wondering since I have seen gvg vids linked in the SIG of a few people who have told me that small group combat as no place in wvw.

not saying it was you at all. Just that I think gvg may need to work on its PR a bit.

+1

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I still find it funny how people are complaining about a guy doing what he wanted to do inside their mini-game, while they were doing the same thing – on a bigger scale

No one cares that he disrupted it, or tried to, that happens all the time. The fact that he then flagged up and expressed his opinion on other peoples activity, giving an official overture to the entire interaction is the problem.

Oh well, at least they apologized in a nice spin doctor fashion while not addressing if ANET actually views GvG the way the employee did.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: spRonin.7128

spRonin.7128

Sigh. More friction between devs and players, and oddly even more friction between the players. Everyone is starting to feel alienated because of the direction they feel their game heading (their game being relative to the players who play it).

It’s pretty obvious that ArenaNet has a vision for this game which conflicts with what some players want. Whether that player base is the majority or not, will only be obvious when new games start coming out. Though if true, by that time it will be too late.

in WvW

Posted by: Veteran Oakheart.4035

Veteran Oakheart.4035

If i was an Anet dev, i would give you a flat fluo green square of land so you can do what you want with it, muhehehe !

Spirit Spammer Joe – Legend x2 (S1) ~ GW 2005-2007 best gaming experience~
www.youtube.com/user/stephnbf
www.twitch.tv/veteran_oakheart

in WvW

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

No one cares that he disrupted it, or tried to, that happens all the time. The fact that he then flagged up and expressed his opinion on other peoples activity, giving an official overture to the entire interaction is the problem.

Oh well, at least they apologized in a nice spin doctor fashion while not addressing if ANET actually views GvG the way the employee did.

He popped up the tag as soon as players started to insult him by calling him a kitten and gay. They are doing what they want and noone’s calling them tards for doing so. Now someone stands there and ignore their rules, and everyone go /rage mode.

Trolling or not, players didn’t react as they should either and it’s not only the devs fault. The fault was on both sides but mostly on players for not respecting the authority.

in WvW

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

They will just hide this under a new function that does nothing, like with Seasons.

Today in DevTalk

“oh our new match up system is completely broken so lets invent something that will lock servers to other servers around them and let them win a reward chest with flame ram and green item in it”

“and lets give them a finisher also”

“Ah yes. Cause finishers are so freaking awesome for WvW”

“So true mr rifle longbow warrior”

“lets make the finisher limited aswell”

“Awesome. WvWers get all the cool exclusive stuff

“Yeah. Like the armor sets we gave them. It looks so awesome and unique”

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Personally I’m not anti nor pro GvG, I don’t care if people do it as it doesn’t affect me in game. What I dislike is the “me me me me me” attitude that occurs, livestreams and forums being spammed with ‘GvG’ and refusal to accept that it isn’t in the games design. That’s annoying enough, but then to insist other people not occupy the same space, and complain that someone was in the way (the fact he was from ANet doesn’t really matter) is silly. A thread about someone interfering with GvG in a game that doesn’t endorse it is a bit pointless.

I agree he should not have used his tag though.

is this the same group of people who tell havoc groups that spvp is -> that way? I’m just wondering since I have seen gvg vids linked in the SIG of a few people who have told me that small group combat as no place in wvw.

+1

“GvG” people ARE WvW people. I think you need to examine where one person gets off intentionally ruining something that up to 40 ppl are participating in with multiple people spectating in the immediate area and on online streams because he’s bitter.

As for your anti-havok squad griping… One person told you something and you associate it with the entire community of people who GvG. That’s cute.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Besides being ridiculously unprofessional, blaming it on the players is probably the worst thing a game designer can do. If people are taking up guild vs. guild to the point that it’s “violating” his game type, then maybe guild vs. guild should be offered separately. The problem isn’t the players; it’s that game design is so lacking that people resort to shoddy alternatives.

QFT.
Anet is falling into the trap of blame the player base like all other failed mmo.

in WvW

Posted by: Mogrey.3891

Mogrey.3891

maybe it was unprofessional BUT pl he popped up his tag the time pl insulting him.and it’s sad he had to do that to get some respect from whiners.the guy who made the thread is a completely %#$#.

i’m a poor and lonesome ranger.
Mogrey Norn Ranger [DS]

in WvW

Posted by: Pendleton.6385

Pendleton.6385

To be honest this is disgusting that an employee would go to such an effort to attempt to ruin what is obviously a GvG.
Whether or not GvG belongs in WvW is irrelevant, this is blatant aggression towards a certain part of the Guild Wars 2 community and should not be tolerated.

What did the dev do to ruin it? I saw nothing bad in those pictures, honestly. What did he do to impede your progress?

Hi Chopps. I’m not a GvG’er. I normally solo roam. I watched the video. I think the issue is more his standing in the middle of the fight for a decent amount of time and not moving. Then, popping his Anet tag and so forth.

I don’t really have a horse in this race … but it did seem at the very least unprofessional.

As with any business, your perception and image to your customer base is very important.

Tarnished Coast
~ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Hebril Amolebin.9817

Hebril Amolebin.9817

Hi All,

I wanted to comment about the incident that happened recently in-game, surrounding some negative community interaction from a member of the ArenaNet staff.

Simply put a big mistake was made by one of our employees, for which he is both very upset and sorry. He allowed his personal feelings to affect his interactions in-game whilst representing ArenaNet, and this is absolutely unacceptable.

Like all players, we are human, and all have our opinions on the game. However these opinions should never disrupt other player’s enjoyment of the things they love. On top of this we have worked very hard to create a community that is respectful to one another, and for this behavior to have occurred while a developer is representing ArenaNet is doubly saddening.

We all cherish the opportunity to play with the community, and we absolutely rely on you all for in game feedback, and personally I hope that this incident does not hamper what has so far been an amazing relationship and opportunity for us all.

I would therefore like to sincerely apologize for this behavior on behalf of our staff member. We are taking steps to address the incident and for his part, he is very sorry for behaving in the manner in which he did.

Regarding Guild game play, please understand it is extremely important to us, and an area we are paying a great deal of attention to, so please do be patient with the developers who work tirelessly on making WvW the very best it can be, they have a great deal of respect for you all, and value your collaboration in pushing this pioneering mode forward. Also please note this member of staff is not on the WvW team.

Finally, World vs. World is a free-for-all battle. Our expectation of staff is that they should be playing, and enjoying the game like everyone else, and not being disruptive or disrespectful to others.

And in this spirit I hope we can move forward, and continue, what has up to this point, been a great community/developer relationship. One that I know our team massively values and loves.

Thank you all for your time and i hope you have a lovely weekend,

ChrisW

So basicly sorry mate but,you develop only blob mehanic and defensive masteries and force people to play pvd/point game. A small group try to make fun in this broken game mode and now it is a problem? Sorry but you give every 2 weeks pve events. We wait 1 year for guild halls for guild arenas things like this.
And you as producer and owner of the game just say in our face. Screw you this is wvw all should do what they want? You really think spvp can be e-sport? Open your eyes. GW1 was hit because of GVG and AB but now you dont give us anything… Give us GVG and wvw will go to be casual as you want. And you will have your healthy pvp mode that have massive e-sport potential.

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I just want ANETS reply. I hope the dev also got infracted like OP

Assuming said “Dev” wasn’t Devon himself.

I’m uninstalling this game. If only I could get a refund for all the gems I’ve bought…

I feel like spending that money was like handing the bully a club to hit us with. /smh

And nobody cares that you are uninstalling lol.

If some act by a single person is enough to make you uninstall, then don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

You cared enough to reply… You’ve also been asleep for the past 8 months if you think this is/was “one person.”

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

in WvW

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Your again missing the point that an Anet employee used his tag as a means of trying to project himself over the GvG and troll.

Who cares… guild leaders and commander pull the same crap everyday.
Smart people understand that’s just a status gimmick that can be ignored

Difference is those guild leaders and commanders dont work for Arena Net…

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Sigh. More friction between devs and players, and oddly even more friction between the players. Everyone is starting to feel alienated because of the direction they feel their game heading (their game being relative to the players who play it).

It’s pretty obvious that ArenaNet has a vision for this game which conflicts with what some players want. Whether that player base is the majority or not, will only be obvious when new games start coming out. Though if true, by that time it will be too late.

You new to MMO’s? Go read the WOW forums, their forums, particularly the pvp section has been the same QQ fest since launch date 2004.

The boards vibe here is nothing compared to WoW’s….

in WvW

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

As a longtime customer service professional I am humored with the lack of professionalism exhibited. I am also horrified that the Anet team plays on the live servers unmonitored.
No company legal team would ever let that happen for brand protection.
All I can say is WOW!

I wish I could hear the legal team’s response to this, at least let us hope that someone in the house even tell’s them…..

in WvW

Posted by: Chewy.9263

Chewy.9263

Has anyone else realized Chris W. didn’t use guild vs guild when describing the incident. He simply called it guild game play.

Something to think about.

Love

in WvW

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

This will probably drown in the amount of comments but I’ll try regardless:

Chris, you stated that the Anet employee was in the wrong. Then why did the OP get infracted for his post? This doesn’t add up.

He got infracted because it’s not allowed to name and shame people

Professional noob guardian

in WvW

Posted by: robinjam.3679

robinjam.3679

http://youtu.be/JcPTsIAKAbU?t=22m35s

The video of the conversation makes it quite clear that the dev did nothing wrong, and furthermore that your guild members need to learn some manners.

You can’t treat people like crap and expect them to just take it.

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

The people who were part of the event have mostly stopped posting. That official apology was enough.

The ones that keep posting are those trying to turn a regrettable incident into a casus belli.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Still no lock Devs/mods really sleeping in weekend.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

The people who were part of the event have mostly stopped posting. That official apology was enough.

The ones that keep posting are those trying to turn a regrettable incident into a casus belli.

People still posting are people arguing over GvG’s state in the game.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Khornet.9526

Khornet.9526

Not like the game is called GUILD WARS or anything.
By all means, let’s not add WARS between GUILDS into it.
In fact, let’s throw sand into the community’s eyes by posting the pathetic “adding this in would hurt our other PvP elements sorry guize it can’t be helped :((((((((((” excuse.
And THEN, let’s have our official developers scrutinize said community by trying their best to implement a feature so lustfully sought after on their own!

ANet has still yet to continue surprising me about how low can they fall, it would seem.

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Devs have also stated that the GvG projects were all scrapped.

Also, “griefing the players who want to play the mode as intended”? How? By taking up 15-20 slots in a strategically unimportant place for an hour? Oh, the humanity. Let’s just ban them all.

While we’re at it, let’s ban all karma trains, crafters, afk players at spawn, and anyone in the jumping puzzles. They’re not contributing to the almighty PPT, therefore they’re all scum.

Exactly. I’m not understanding why GvG is such a big problem. Can anybody explain why ANet is so opposed to playing this way?

To me it seem like a creative use of the game and something that promotes community involvement.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

like it would be ABSOLUTELY GREAT if a GvG set up outside this lonely tower I have been upgrading for the last 3 boring hours. I would love it.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Ironically, your post came right after a dev post saying that he was WRONG.

Yeah, you need to read up about public damage control. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in WvW

Posted by: bubblyball.7591

bubblyball.7591

I’m sorry but if doing GvG is a violation, then by all means why don’t the devs do anything about 2 servers working together to defeat the 3rd server in the same tier? Hmm? Sounds familiar dear german players? I think that this is way bigger of a violation isnt it? Just curious what you guys think…

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

Hi All,

I wanted to comment about the incident that happened recently in-game, surrounding some negative community interaction from a member of the ArenaNet staff.

Simply put a big mistake was made by one of our employees, for which he is both very upset and sorry. He allowed his personal feelings to affect his interactions in-game whilst representing ArenaNet, and this is absolutely unacceptable.

Like all players, we are human, and all have our opinions on the game. However these opinions should never disrupt other player’s enjoyment of the things they love. On top of this we have worked very hard to create a community that is respectful to one another, and for this behavior to have occurred while a developer is representing ArenaNet is doubly saddening.

We all cherish the opportunity to play with the community, and we absolutely rely on you all for in game feedback, and personally I hope that this incident does not hamper what has so far been an amazing relationship and opportunity for us all.

I would therefore like to sincerely apologize for this behavior on behalf of our staff member. We are taking steps to address the incident and for his part, he is very sorry for behaving in the manner in which he did.

Regarding Guild game play, please understand it is extremely important to us, and an area we are paying a great deal of attention to, so please do be patient with the developers who work tirelessly on making WvW the very best it can be, they have a great deal of respect for you all, and value your collaboration in pushing this pioneering mode forward. Also please note this member of staff is not on the WvW team.

Finally, World vs. World is a free-for-all battle. Our expectation of staff is that they should be playing, and enjoying the game like everyone else, and not being disruptive or disrespectful to others.

And in this spirit I hope we can move forward, and continue, what has up to this point, been a great community/developer relationship. One that I know our team massively values and loves.

ChrisW

first of all you are not him but someone else …. and your WvWvW team violate my game play with bloodlust buff and their thoughts about WvWvW game and how it should be …

second day without log and i (and many with me) will wait for your response ..From now on i will not accept further more explanations about how this happened but i will accept actions..

So less talking and more action .Listen to the people, hear what they have to say, pay attention to what they say because from what i see you don’t pay attention to anything..

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

:3 I’m glad they apologized. That’s a step in the right direction. ^_^

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Jansy.8463

Jansy.8463

Hi All,

ChrisW

Such unprofessional action really shows the community what you actually think of us.
Some of the responses from your Arenanet Employee is precisely how not to talk to the community.

I, personally, like the thousand’s that support your game, want a forum apology from the Arenanet Employee involved, not by yourself Chris. I am violated by this act and will not support your game via the gem store any longer.

Gold Cape via Hall of Monuments pls…

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

Exactly. I’m not understanding why GvG is such a big problem. Can anybody explain why ANet is so opposed to playing this way?

To me it seem like a creative use of the game and something that promotes community involvement.

This is my personal interpretation – been asking myself the same questions since launch. It’s not like they don’t know what GvG is and how to do it – see GW1.

My opinion is that it has to do with a choice they made – some sort of “inclusiveness”. You can participate in all parts of the game and no one can exclude you (except for dungeons and sPvP). It’s a choice – to cater to the casual MMO player. Good or bad – it’s theirs. See how the Teq battle is done, or world events.

GvG leads to some form of elitism – quite logical I would say. I miss the GW1 GvG, even though my participation was mostly watching on GvG TV.

Also – if all the GvG minded people would leave WvW the state of WvW would be … annoying.

I do not exclude GvG returning, probably with the next expansion. Even D3 decided to remove the RMAH come expansion time.

in WvW

Posted by: Theundersigned.4761

Theundersigned.4761

Consumers as a whole are always so quick to blame. From fast food restaurants to video game companies, customers take the littlest things and go to town with them, claiming their “rights” or “feelings” were woefully violated.

There are many consumers who are just real jerks. Anyone who has worked at a fast food restaurant, restaurant, or retail store would agree.

(edited by Theundersigned.4761)

in WvW

Jansy.8463

There are many consumers who are just real jerks. Anyone who has worked at a fast food restaurant, restaurant, or retail store would agree with me.

But when you work in this industry, you are constantly told that “the consumer is always right”. So another own goal by Arenanet.

in WvW

Posted by: Mogrey.3891

Mogrey.3891

Hi All,

ChrisW

Such unprofessional action really shows the community what you actually think of us.
Some of the responses from your Arenanet Employee is precisely how not to talk to the community.

I, personally, like the thousand’s that support your game, want a forum apology from the Arenanet Employee involved, not by yourself Chris. I am violated by this act and will not support your game via the gem store any longer.

did you notice that they were insulting him before he popped out his tag?no one is innocent here.and as the redpost says he’s feel bad for his action.it was unprofessional yes but he is not the only one to blame.after all he is a human and he was deserved some respect in the first time.now i know what “gvg” players think of other players

i’m a poor and lonesome ranger.
Mogrey Norn Ranger [DS]

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Yeah unprofessional, the hate for GvG is simple….. egos from a very few Anet devs they wish to flex their ability to change the game against the will of the operators/players there is no benefit they want hostile interactions as a way to prove something to themselves.

Seen plenty of smart engineers ignore good ideas from people they see as below them operators/players for no logical reason.

The best designer engineer etc… really listens to the input and ideas coming from the people that are going to be the users. I learned early on to put ego aside and really listen to operators when I design a machine. Then you have the types like some Anet folks, refuse to listen to those they consider beneath them and end up in a constant cycle of defensive mode battling with users.

There is nothing to be done on the players end, the people calling the shots in WvW are children.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in WvW

Posted by: Keirion.9105

Keirion.9105

1. It was indeed inappropriate for the player to use an ANet tag in the context of this interaction.

2. However, other than that this interaction was not inappropriate.

3. From a WvW standpoint, ALL players should stay near the zerg to make sure that they stay alive.

4. From my perspective, the activities of the others in WvW was trolling.

5. GvG is a gameplay style in GW1 and does not exist in GW2. I look forward to the day that ANet adds GvG to GW2.

(edited by Keirion.9105)

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

He has no authority in game.

Dude was just there to troll and see how people would react. Then once he saw they were telling him to move, he popped the tag to be the almighty anet employee that was ‘observing them violate his game’.

He moved out once he saw no one cared that he was there telling them to stop. Which he was trying to do. Putting the tag on and trying to ‘scare’ them to stop the gvg is pretty stupid.

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

Thanks for the response Chris, but personally yeh it was wrong of the Dev, but it never would have come to that if the GvG’ers had been more polite from the start, when ever our GvG’s get interruptions we ask politely on the grounds that the person may not know whats happening. At no point before the Dev was being verbally abused to the point of him popping his tag was he told/explained what was actually happening. It seemed very elitist the way he was spoken too, “move”, “go play somewhere else”, “move you kittening kitten ” << all before he popped his tag.

Personally in a situation like that I would have said “hey buddy, we trying to have a GvG here and your in the way, If you wanna watch, you can stand up with the rest of the guys on the hill”. At least then you can tell if he is really trolling or just clueless to whats actually going on.

So as I said yes the Dev was in the wrong but regardless who he was he should not have been spoken to like that without firstly being asked nicely, gives us a bad name and labels us as elitists.

And yes I am a GvG’er and support it fully.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in WvW

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

wow, that company statement… so people really acted rude, someone at anet allowed himself being drawn into that, from what I have seen, didn´t act insulting himself. Maybe not super professional, but understandable. Good thing I deinstalled the game today anway for different reasons. I am certainly not keen on supporting a company that so easily throws its employees to the wolves.

in WvW

Jansy.8463

did you notice that they were insulting him before he popped out his tag?no one is innocent here.and as the redpost says he’s feel bad for his action.it was unprofessional yes but he is not the only one to blame.after all he is a human and he was deserved some respect in the first time.now i know what “gvg” players think of other players

I completely understand that, but lets put this in real world terms.

If i punched someone, and they punched me back, would the latter be exempt from the law? No. The Arenanet employee could have muted/infracted/warned the trolls to stop. However, that was not the case and now you have this mess.

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Hi All,

ChrisW

As a representative of 5 major guilds;. we have decided to accept the Apology.

As the saying goes, “lesson learn with a Sincere Apology”

Thank You!

For being Sincere and Remorseful.

-Forgiven-

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: Theundersigned.4761

Theundersigned.4761

Just because someone is told the “customer is always right” doesn’t make it true. I’ve seen and heard of customers who are blatantly wrong, but the employees can’t do anything about it out of fear of being sued/fired/beaten/punished in some way.

They just have to grit their teeth and bear it.

At the end of the day, it’s very refreshing seeing an employee actually act like a reasonable human being instead of a freakin’ automaton.

For example, in many retail stores, if an employee sees someone shop-lifting, they are forbidden to do anything about it, ’cause employees have tried in the past, and the customer has sued the store as a result (and won).

Then there are the people who openly beat their children in stores. If an employee asks them to “calm down”, they’re punished by their superior.

In pet stores, if the employee is unable to take someone’s pet guinea pig, the customer throws the animal at them.

Fast food workers are constantly berated for every little thing they do by the customers.

People have sued companies for microwaving their wet cats because “there wasn’t a warning telling them not to.”

My point is that it is an enormous risk assuming that “customers are always right” because it pigeon-holes the company into putting up with a huge range of horrible things customers can do under that ridiculous protection.

(edited by Theundersigned.4761)

in WvW

Posted by: AeriaElara.4297

AeriaElara.4297

Sincere apology? Umm yeah… that needs to come from the person who actually interfered with the GvG and maybe some of the people responding to him (for good measure). This “sincere apology” is coming from someone who wasn’t even involved and while it’s pretty and all that, it doesn’t mean much aside from him saying “[guild gameplay] is extremely important to us, and an area we are paying a great deal of attention to”. However, those are just words and judging by the actions so far, and the most recent addition of these bloodlust buffs, I’d say they’re hollow words if not outright lies.

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

I’ve done both 15v15 and team play. They both differ so feeling threatened by one or the other is not needed. Bringing the 15 man teams would bring a lot more heads for this spvp grand plan of #esports and gaming houses. Those 15 mans would probably never go back to wvw and be in the heart of the mist. Something tells me they would 5man in off hours.

That was a free #protip

Limiting paying customers willing to spend money is dumb. First thing a consultant would tell Anet was give your player base gvg. Server rentals would go up player numbers in heart of the mist up.

Also the players acted rude but the dev was straight rookie. If the dev was sober he has issues.

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Hi All,

ChrisW

As a representative of 5 major guilds;. we have decided to accept the Apology.

As the saying goes, “lesson learn with a Sincere Apology”

Thank You!

For being Sincere and Remorseful.

-Forgiven-

As Yoda says :
“Putain de merde mais c’est n’importe quoi ces amerloques. Ils se prennent trop pour des stars” MDR.

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Assasin.3816

Mighty Assasin.3816

Now Areanet may see the importance of GvG, unless they don’t think this was a hit to their reputation.
If there were GvG arenas this would have never happened.

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Sincere apology? Umm yeah… that needs to come from the person who actually interfered with the GvG and maybe some of the people responding to him (for good measure). This “sincere apology” is coming from someone who wasn’t even involved and while it’s pretty and all that, it doesn’t mean much aside from him saying “[guild gameplay] is extremely important to us, and an area we are paying a great deal of attention to”. However, those are just words and judging by the actions so far, and the most recent addition of these bloodlust buffs, I’d say they’re hollow words if not outright lies.

Tell me one time when any Arena.net staffs had given an apology for bad actioins?

“This “sincere apology” is coming from someone who wasn’t even involved and while it’s pretty and all tha"

Shame, wouldn’t you say?

Not to get too personal, how many times have you felt so shamed in apologizing to others for your wrongdoings?

Does that make you a “coward” for doing so?

Of course not!

It is human condition to feel shamed.

Is that wrong?

I’m certainly not justifying that staff actions but our human nature ask us to accept apologetic wrongdoing and lesson to be learned not to repeat again.

(I’m not forcing you or anyone to agree with me but to take a second look at the human condition for making errors. When errors are sincerely remorseful and regretaful, it is the human nature calling us to embrace it)

Now the choice is in our hand, do we want to embrace our human nature or continue to enrage it to self-destruction?

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

In a circumstance like the one we had here it is usually the responsibility of not the offender but of those overseeing them to put out an apology. I can almost guarantee that they do not appriciate having to do so and will reprimand those in the wrong. It’s simply the way things work when companies are involved.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in WvW

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“I’m convinced all the anti-GvG people are casual WvWers who only play once or twice a week. They clearly have no idea how often the GvG guilds play.”

This is very wrong. I am not anti GVG per se. Do what you like in the game in my moto. I don’t understand the strong hate for not having it. I also understand those guild play a lot.