Stealth Spammers

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

wow! these thieves are really nice and humble. i’m using a laptop and a regular mouse to play this game. i dont know how to bind my skills, use a macro or what a gaming mouse looks like. since you think you are a really good player, im sure it wouldnt be hard for you to play a zerker ranger, find a bunker engi at duelling arena and fight him 1v1. tell us what happened after the fight or better yet post a video too. thank you.

So why you think you can decide what they need to nerf? You even didn’t know how to bind skills!

forgive me if i’m not a complete video game geek, man.
btw, it’s not just me who’s asking for it. there are more people who wanted to get that broken class fixed.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

(edited by Valentin.2073)

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

forgive me if i’m not a complete video geek like you.

btw, it’s not just me who’s asking for it. there are more people who wanted to get that broken class fixed.

The point he is trying to make is that you are calling for nerfs to a class that you don’t play, all while not even understanding or taking the time to learn even the simplest of in-game mechanics such as binding keys to increase your in-game reaction time and overall PvP performance.

No need for name calling.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

There is another mild yet potential fix to D/P and that is to make Heartseeker damage occur after the leap not before. This would allow players to close in on Black Powder and potentially cause the thief to reveal themselves on the Heartseeker leap. Currently getting close to the BP circle is a free shot and a blind by the thief.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

wow! these thieves are really nice and humble. i’m using a laptop and a regular mouse to play this game. i dont know how to bind my skills, use a macro or what a gaming mouse looks like. since you think you are a really good player, im sure it wouldnt be hard for you to play a zerker ranger, find a bunker engi at duelling arena and fight him 1v1. tell us what happened after the fight or better yet post a video too. thank you.

So why you think you can decide what they need to nerf? You even didn’t know how to bind skills!

Now you are just contradicting yourself. You claim that you are very good player – “ranger is my main class and i know how to play him really well. i can play ele, necro, warrior, ranger, necro, mesmer and thief in pvp” – this is your quote. And yet you cant even manage keybinds because you are not “complete video game geek”. Because you need to be “complete video game geek” to know how to manage keybinds.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

forgive me if i’m not a complete video geek like you.

The point he is trying to make is that you are calling for nerfs to a class that you don’t play, all while not even understanding or taking the time to learn even the simplest of in-game mechanics such as binding keys to increase your in-game reaction time and overall PvP performance.

No need for name calling.

im doing ok without binding my keys and i’m ok using my laptop. if only i can get this game for playstation that would be nice. this is the only game i play on my laptop. other games i have are on ps3 and vita.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

But you’re a Champion Hunter…

Shoulda listened to me and let this one die. It really needs to be closed since it’s ran it’s course.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Freewind.5149

Freewind.5149

A running loot bag zerker ranger in wvw who didn’t even know how to bind his keys crying on the forum and asking for a nerf. Thanks to people like these that anet nerfed thieves into oblivion.

Sincerely
Warrior.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

do you really need to keybind skills to be a decent player? is it requirement for a pvp and wvw player? O.o

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Arguing clicker, keyboard turner, etc makes it pretty clear that one is bereft of arguments. Plenty of us who play thieves can attest to the fact that the ability to continuously attack while stealthed is a broken mechanic. I hope anet realizes this too so that my class can be a little more challenging to play.

OP’d thief, lol

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

Plenty of us who play thieves can attest to the fact that the ability to continuously attack while stealthed is a broken mechanic. I hope anet realizes this too so that my class can be a little more challenging to play.

Desperate for a challenge, eh? Two suggestions:

1. Play a different class, or
2. Play without stealth (gasp!).

Oh, and finally I, as a thief, would love to know how you have “the ability to continuously attack while stealthed”? I feel so foolish since for over a year now my backstab/tactical strike always breaks stealth. How do you do this? Please share this secret!

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

do you really need to keybind skills to be a decent player? is it requirement for a pvp and wvw player? O.o

facepalm

Pretty much you asked here “do I really need to be able to react 0.5s faster to be a better player than now”. Awkward… But no, it’s not a requirement, you can be as awful as you wish, there are plenty like you in wvw from what I’ve seen.

And someone please close/delete this… it’s ran its course long enough.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

facepalm

Pretty much you asked here “do I really need to be able to react 0.5s faster to be a better player than now”. Awkward… But no, it’s not a requirement, you can be as awful as you wish, there are plenty like you in wvw from what I’ve seen.

Keybind what exactly, btw? You mean the quick turn?

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

I mean .. ok hes a clicker … w/e. But his video obviously shows that he allso used A and D to turn left and right:D

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

facepalm

Change A and D to strafe left and right. Bind your utillities, change your 1-5 f1-4 if you arent comfortable reaching it on the move, learn to move around using wasd+mouse instead of using A and D to turn your character. MMORPG basics.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

facepalm

Change A and D to strafe left and right. Bind your utillities, change your 1-5 f1-4 if you arent comfortable reaching it on the move, learn to move around using wasd+mouse instead of using A and D to turn your character. MMORPG basics.

I use the basic keybinds. Q and E to strafe, A and D to turn, etc. I use 1-5 for the weapon attacks, and I click on the 6-0 slots if I need to use them. If I lose a fight, I’m either outplayed, or it’s one of those close moments where one of us gets a Deus Ex Machina.

[hS]

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

facepalm

I use the basic keybinds. Q and E to strafe, A and D to turn, etc. I use 1-5 for the weapon attacks, and I click on the 6-0 slots if I need to use them. If I lose a fight, I’m either outplayed, or it’s one of those close moments where one of us gets a Deus Ex Machina.

Means you’re doing it wrong.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

facepalm

dude, i was maximizing my quickening zephyr speedness to burstdown the engie before he heals himself again. he was a bunker type and he could heal himself to full health. you clearly dont know how to play a zerker ranger. so what if i used my keyboard to turn my view, there’s really no need to turn that fast because i could anticipate where he was standing. a good player can still play on any circumstances.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Pavel.8531

I use e for targeting, a and d are for strafing, I turn with tne mouse. z is for “back vision” x/c/v are for utils. There are some other things too, but I won’t get into too much depth. Once I started using keybinds I found out my reaction times got much better, since I pretty much only move my “a” or “d” buttons fingers a bit to press what I need.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

facepalm

dude, i was maximizing my quickening zephyr speedness to burstdown the engie before he heals himself again. he was a bunker type and he could heal himself to full health. you clearly dont know how to play a zerker ranger. so what if i used my keyboard to turn my view, there’s really no need to turn that fast because i could anticipate where he was standing. a good player can still play on any circumstances.

You clearly dont know how to play. Period.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

facepalm

why dont you duel me then? you guys are all into criticizing too much but cant accept a challenge.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

facepalm

why dont you duel me then? you guys are all into criticizing too much but cant accept a challenge.

Sure thing. Ring me when when your server will be matched with Gunnars Hold.
But hey, didnt you forget your topic ? Your topic is about thief being OP.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

facepalm

i mean duel at a pvp arena not a duel in wvw. i will PM you later this evening. are you in NA?

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

facepalm

i mean duel at a pvp arena not a duel in wvw. i will PM you later this evening. are you in NA?

Noup, Im in EU.

You still didnt answer how your “Nerf stealth” topic became “Valentine wants to prove he dont suck at games” topic.

(edited by Karolis.4261)

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

facepalm

Noup, Im in EU.

You still didnt answer how you “Nerf stealth” topic became “Valentine wants to prove he dont suck at games” topic.

yah, i forgot. i’m sorry. you guys have too much free out-of-jail cards and it gets abused in wvw because of how big the place is. what i’m asking is to at least tweak it a bit so the game play would be a little more fair for other players who play a different class.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

facepalm

Noup, Im in EU.

You still didnt answer how you “Nerf stealth” topic became “Valentine wants to prove he dont suck at games” topic.

yah, i forgot. i’m sorry. you guys have too much free out-of-jail cards and it gets abused in wvw because of how big the place is. what i’m asking is to at least tweak it a bit so the game play would be a little more fair for other players who play a different class.

You mean nerf us till the point when you and your keyboard turning and skill clicking can beat proper movement and keybinds ? Noup.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

facepalm

Noup, Im in EU.

You mean nerf us till the point when you and your keyboard turning and skill clicking can beat proper movement and keybinds ? Noup.

i can beat thief 1v1 both in wvw and pvp. they are my favorite prey. as a matter of fact, my guild commander is very proud of me because i’m one of the guild’s best thief hunter in wvw and i’m a ranger to boot.

once i get a chance to see a roaming thief in wvw i will post a video again. i hope you’ll enjoy seeing me stomp your class with my tiger finisher.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

facepalm

Noup, Im in EU.

i can beat thief 1v1 both in wvw and pvp. they are my favorite prey. as a matter of fact, my guild commander is very proud of me because i’m one of the guild’s best thief hunter in wvw and i’m a ranger to boot.

once i get a chance to see a roaming thief in wvw i will post a video again. i hope you’ll enjoy seeing me stomp your class with my tiger finisher.

Oh you can bet we all enjoy your videos.
But once again you are contradicting yourself. You (and you skill clicking keyboard turning awesomeness) specialise in thieves hunting with your 2x bows glass ranger with no stun breakers and yet you want us to get nerfed.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Pavel.8531

Let me propose you go to the OS, mr. Valentine(no, not PvP, WvW is totally different) and make a video (unedited) of you dueling people. Around 10-15 mins, if possible. Let’s see how you fare vs proper wvw built duelers.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

facepalm

Noup, Im in EU.

But once again you are contradicting yourself. You (and you skill clicking keyboard turning awesomeness) specialise in thieves hunting with your 2x bows glass ranger with no stun breakers and yet you want us to get nerfed.

quickening zephyr is a stun breaker. :P

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

facepalm

Noup, Im in EU.

Will be too late anyways when you mouse click it.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

facepalm

Noup, Im in EU.

not only it is a stun breaker but it’s also an effective way to dps someone to death before he can react. i’m sure you’ve seen that on my video when i depleted more than half of the engi’s health in just a couple of seconds.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

facepalm

Noup, Im in EU.

not only it is a stun breaker but it’s also an effective way to dps someone to death before he can react. i’m sure you’ve seen that on my video when i depleted more than half of the engi’s health in just a couple of seconds.

Oh yes we have seen many things in your video, but I wouldn’t call any of those things “effective”.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

facepalm

Noup, Im in EU.

Oh yes we have seen many things in your video, but I wouldn’t call any of those things “effective”.

whatever… you’re just being biased and i dont wanna argue with you anymore.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Daaaammmm God...
I think, he is trolling us ><

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Nice derailment, you can’t even tell that this thread was about how cheap the stealth mechanic can be.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

Nice derailment, you can’t even tell that this thread was about how cheap the stealth mechanic can be.

Hey now, he derailed it himself by kittening around telling how good he is and how he destroys thiefs (in his own “nerf thief” topic) and then showing his video where you can clearly see him not only clicking skills, but also keyboard turning.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Close please….just do it.

This thread no longer serves its original purpose.

Take this to the balance sub-forum perhaps?

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

Close please….just do it.

This thread no longer serves its original purpose.

Take this to the balance sub-forum perhaps?

Oh but it serves another purpose – Valentines video shows everyone what level of players are demanding nerfs all over the forums. Speaking of that – I have put that video link in my signature, but now my signature magically disappeared, even though I didn’t change it. Now I wonder who didn’t like me spreading Valentines video over the forums.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

facepalm

Have you ever thought that maybe you’re doing it wrong?

[hS]

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

facepalm

Have you ever thought that maybe you’re doing it wrong?

Yes I did. Thats why i started using keybinds. And i dont recall myself ever using A and D as turn left and right, maybe except when playing Doom or Wolfenstein without a mouse controls.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

So we have a player here that actually by the looks of it spent quite some time doing pvp to get pvp archivements however in all this time he didn’t manage to learn the basics of movement and keybinding. Not only that he also apprently refuses to get any better or learn how to counter other classes and calls other players who actually put some effort into improving as “geeks”, “chicken” etc. Best part of it is that forums mods did amazing job at making sure that this guy doesn’ get offended by all means (we even got a red post here hey) yet he apprently is allowed to ridicule the entire pvp/wvw as well as thief community. I am speechless.

And this guy is actually the opnion he could deliever some valueable feedback and is competent enough to propose changes for a class he apprently has little experience on. All this just so he can easily kill (by using keyboard turn and clicking) a thief that probably invested a lot of time into improving his skill, a lot of gold/tokens on his armor.

I actually hope now that this thread won’t get deleted as it just shows WHAT kind of players ask for thief nerfs.

@OP: my offer still stands. Since thieves are so OP, go roll one and duel me. I won’t even play a thief, i will just play common meta class/build. Show me that OPness you are talking about. Don’t worry, i play on NA and know how to enter arena.

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

Rick Berry has a career free throw percentage of 89%, without having a fundamental shooting form (aka basic skill).

OP and les Thieves should duel or kiss already.

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

skill binding only makes you play the game a lot easier and it doesnt make you a better player. i’m playing with a handicap (laptop keys and a crappy mouse) but i can probably still beat most of these rude thieves 1v1. i’m a ransacker and played pvp since the day i bought the game. i got my ranger to lvl 80 by buying tomes of knowledge using my glory points.

i don’t need to play a meta – build to kill people in wvw. i’m running an underpowered zerker ranger but i can still kill most thieves i see roaming alone in wvw. and i can say that i’m never a liability when it comes to zerg battles because i make sure i get to kill more before i get killed. and last but not the least, i dont need perma-stealth and heavy armor to survive.

(edited by Valentin.2073)

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

That’s probably because most WvW thieves are garbage players looking for uplevels to kill. They’re not particularly effective against proper duelling builds, aside from their ability to waste time in stealth.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Azukas.1426

i got my ranger to lvl 80 by buying tomes of knowledge using my glory points.

We don’t even need to rip your argument down when you keep doing it for us

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I want to add my 2 cent

I been saying this for a while now. Thief stealth is OP.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

i got my ranger to lvl 80 by buying tomes of knowledge using my glory points.

We don’t even need to rip your argument down when you keep doing it for us

how long do you think does it take to get to lvl 80 in pve? probably a month or less. in case, you dont know it yet, getting to rank 46 takes almost a year.

i have nothing against wvw. when i was still doing pvp, i thought wvw was a big joke. people running in huge zergs, people just auto-attacking, players vs a very big door, etc… i actually enjoyed it a lot after i tried it. i started by wearing rare items, went back to pvp to farm more gold and bought exotic items after. im still using exotic armor and weapon. i only have trinkets as my ascended items. i also only get to consume food when a commander drops a cake at our base.

one of our commanders would always invite me to his party because he knows i can bring a lot to the table. when we get to fight in zerg, i position myself well so i can scavenge squishy enemies and wounded players.

what i really dont like about wvw are stealthy thieves. it’s ok when i’m fighting them 1v1 because at all times they will stay on the fight not knowing i can kill them faster than they can kill me but when i have allies with me, most of the times, they will stealth excessively, kill one of my allies, stealth and run away. i know some wvw players are not that good in fighting other players. i even had a warrior with me who made me tank the fight while he was using his longbow from a distance. lol. mmm… what i’m really getting at is that thieves shouldn’t be able to stealth that much. it’s insane. at least, minimize the amount of stealth that they can execute. it’s not really cool, when you fight someone who can easily reset anytime they want.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Not all of us thieves defend this op permastealth mechanic. I suggest that you send frequent, specific, persistant and respectful feedback to Anet to get this broken mechanic balanced. Thieves will not get the help that they need because stealth is horrifically op’d as is.

OP’d thief, lol

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I want to add my 2 cent

I been saying this for a while now. Thief stealth is OP.

I have an Asura thief called Stealthisop.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Azukas.1426

Not all of us thieves defend this op permastealth mechanic. I suggest that you send frequent, specific, persistant and respectful feedback to Anet to get this broken mechanic balanced. Thieves will not get the help that they need because stealth is horrifically op’d as is.

After watching the video provided and reading of Valentines exploits one would correct in deducing that rangers are OP