[Suggestion] WvW achievements

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I have 27k dolyaks killed, so yeah thanks for de-valueing all my efforts… I also have 20k camps flipped, which I now suspect you are also going to nerf into casual player territory. It really is disappointing that it took you 3 years to fix the achievement situation and then when you do everyone that has put in any real work towards titles gets a slap in the face….

Pretty remarkable that they took years to change it and when they finally do its changed in a way that could have been done easily 3 years ago.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: KittyRiv.5291

KittyRiv.5291

2,500 is far to low for Yak Slapper. I think it should be something like 20k. As said above, basically the only title available to hardcore WvW players was 250k player kills. Now if you make them to easy there is nothing unique that people who actually put in the time are going to be able to display.

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

2500 is way too low for yak slapper. I have over 8k yaks killed and I’m not a roamer/havoc squad type of person. At least make it 10k or yak slapper will be commonplace which really screws over the efforts of wvw players.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

For Heart of Thorns, we are rebalancing the WvW Lifetime achievement requirements to much more reasonable numbers. At the same time we’ll also be updating many of their associated titles.

• We are not changing the Realm Avenger (“Ultimate Dominator”) achievement requirements or title, as some players have actually obtained it and it’s a bit of a status symbol.
  • The “Yakslapper” title will remain, but the requirement is being reduced to 2500 yaks.
  • As an example title change: “Ultimate Liberator” will become “Kingmaker”

I have 27k dolyaks killed, so yeah thanks for de-valueing all my efforts… I also have 20k camps flipped, which I now suspect you are also going to nerf into casual player territory. It really is disappointing that it took you 3 years to fix the achievement situation and then when you do everyone that has put in any real work towards titles gets a slap in the face….

Guess you’d still rather have impossible achievements? People have done math before. You’ve been working towards never getting them.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Olli.9028

Olli.9028

I honestly think 2500 is a bit low though. I have just under 7000 yak kills and I know many people have way more than me as well. To put it in line with Ultimate Dominator, I think it should be at around 10k

+1 why always black or white ?
to be in line with the 250k kills 2,5k dollys are way to low. 10k +/- 2k would fit better .

hope we not see that all hardcore wvw player habe all titles beside the realm avenger:(

yes we want a nerf to put the achievements in line with the 250k kills but not easy achievements for every casual

Stab Eins [aX] Axîom
professional WvW rallybotting since 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Ceeps.3185

Ceeps.3185

For Heart of Thorns, we are rebalancing the WvW Lifetime achievement requirements to much more reasonable numbers. At the same time we’ll also be updating many of their associated titles.

• We are not changing the Realm Avenger (“Ultimate Dominator”) achievement requirements or title, as some players have actually obtained it and it’s a bit of a status symbol.
  • The “Yakslapper” title will remain, but the requirement is being reduced to 2500 yaks.

I’ve gotten 7725 yaks. Can you make it 10,000?

Ceeps
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

2500 takes plenty of time required if you would start playing WvW now. I got more than 2500 myself, but think 2500 is a fair time investment. And it will only get worse that you can make dolyaks invulnerable in HoT and make them harder to farm.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Guess you’d still rather have impossible achievements? People have done math before. You’ve been working towards never getting them.

No I would not rather have impossible achievements, I was hoping for achievements to be nerfed to something that was still DIFFICULT to get, and I have been working towards that, sadly it seems they are going to completely gut them and make them a joke though.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

2500 takes plenty of time required if you would start playing WvW now. I got more than 2500 myself, but think 2500 is a fair time investment. And it will only get worse that you can make dolyaks invulnerable in HoT and make them harder to farm.

Yea, a lot of achievements in this game do not take years to do, after all.

Though this is why I suggested repeatable ones.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

Even thought there’s going to be lots of yakslappers running around now, I still take these as really great news since after 3 years they actually decided to make these achievements possible for humans

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Quick question though, are any of these achievements being made endless? Would really like to be able to see my stats even after I get the rewards.

in WvW

briggah.7910

No I would not rather have impossible achievements, I was hoping for achievements to be nerfed to something that was still DIFFICULT to get, and I have been working towards that, sadly it seems they are going to completely gut them and make them a joke though.

Those upset because they passed 2.5k already but really how long did it take them to get 2.5k yaks? I’m at 11,121 yaks killed, 8k+ hours in this game and above 4k rank. If it was 10k yaks that would still have taken me a couple of years to get.

Most achievements in this game are not hard to achieve. Why should wvw ones be any different?

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Great, 3 years later.

in WvW

Posted by: WolfWings.4086

WolfWings.4086

So does the ‘Yakslapper’ title being lowered to 2500 make about the same percentage of active players able to qualify for it as have the ‘Ultimate Dominator’ then?

That’s my thought, UD shows the level that dedication can reach. Compare that to the levels actually reached in the other trees across the entire game dataset, round down to the next lowest round number so a few extra people get it, and do that.

At this point ANet has 3 years of data they can mine for how far can people take the titles, for most of them keep them as status symbols, or at least add a comparable standalone item showing the levels a small dedicated percentage have gotten in 3 years of gameplay, titled and themed appropriately, and make the existing achievement-series have an ‘infinite progression’ available.

in WvW

briggah.7910

Great, 3 years later.

Better late then never right?

Ahh I’m done here we finally get good news and the grumpy people haven’t changed a bit. Seriously find new games to play already.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

2500 yaks still takes pretty long

it’s not like it requires any effort to even flip a camp if you’re zerker with blinds anyway

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

will these achievements continue to track “progress” the same way that master of entropy and hobby dungeon explorer track your salvages / dungeon completions?

i think thats the heart of the agitation that i personally have (and likely whoever else, but i only speak for myself). i want the titles because theyre awesome, but i really really like that i know i have 8.6k camp flips, 57k player kills, 12.7k yaks slapped, 1100 keep flips, etc, and i would like to continue to track that just for lulz. i kind of dont want any of the current iterations titles for the simple reason that as soon as you get ultimate dominator, it stops tracking kills for you.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Ok for the people who want to track their lifetime progress there could be a “Master of Overkill” like achievement which gives 0 AP but counts forever.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

2,500 dolyaks is a lot, but I think even as high as 10,000 is reasonable. WvW is forever. I’ve played tons (rank 800ish?) and I believe I have about 1.3k kills.

As long as you’ve got good rewards for each tier, I’d prefer a scale closer to 10,000. By good rewards mean giving us 20 AP every 2,500 past 2,500. Maybe it looks like a lot on paper, but that’s a lot to ask of a player, even when it exists alongside achievements that give, for example, 20 AP every 2,500 towers captured.

Alternatively, giving AP every X after a player’s achieved the title would be even better and really solidify that “WvW is forever”. If they were repeatable, I’d expect 10 AP per 2.5k slayed.

in WvW

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

I’ve seen a few people on reddit who claim to have achieved T4 or T5 of some of the achievements. I find this unlikely due to hypothetical times involved, but if it’s true I think you shouldn’t reduce the maximum number needed for each achievement below what people have already reached.

Reducing below current levels is very disrespectful and unnessesary as it’s clearly achievable at whatever level someone has already achieved.

I hope you guys learnt your lesson from the Fractured debacle, reducing players progress without even a slither of recognition isn’t the way to restructure a system.

Back when you guys capped the salvaging achievement, you left in the repeat counter. As someone who had over 10k AP taken away, that small mark of respect and consideration was amazing for me.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’m undecided to be honest:
I think I want the titles to be hard to obtain but the AP to be easier.
But most of the titles are unachievable, I think 10 or 15 k yaks would be something I’d like. No idea about the other titles – but they should still mean something.

it’s not like it requires any effort to even flip a camp if you’re zerker with blinds anyway

The npcs out-blind you nonetheless – go condi.

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

…snip

• We are not changing the Realm Avenger (“Ultimate Dominator”) achievement requirements or title, as some players have actually obtained it and it’s a bit of a status symbol. snip…

If by status symbol you mean “I farmed another server in obsidian sanctum” then yes it grants a form of status but not in a good way. I wouldn’t wear it even if I got in now. But thanks for listening to the players on the other changes.

in WvW

Posted by: Merus.9475

Merus.9475

Perhaps achieving some of the new titles should unlock a repeatable achievement, in the same way that long-term PvE achievements like dungeons and salvaging have repeatable achievements. The people with 25k yaks killed can wake up on HoT release day and have a ton of shiny new achievement points to show for their dedication, which will also help the imbalance between PvP/PvE and WvW in terms of opportunities to earn achievement points. (I’d suggest making the cap on the repeatable achievement equivalent to the current Yakslapper, but I doubt the game supports more than 255 repetitions of an achievement and you wouldn’t want to make the criteria for the repeatable achievement more than about 100 as it is. Unless you made two repeatable achievements: one that counts only yaks killed since Heart of Thorns, and a historical one with a higher cap as an attaboy for people who seriously went for launch’s Yakslapper.

in WvW

Posted by: Elterzzz.4378

Elterzzz.4378

2500 is way too low for yak slapper. I have over 8k yaks killed and I’m not a roamer/havoc squad type of person. At least make it 10k or yak slapper will be commonplace which really screws over the efforts of wvw players.

LOL its not too low. i only have 800… if you raised it to 10k as you proposed, people like me still wouldnt get it.

Dragon King of War; Death Divine X; Mesmereyezzz;
Founder of War Brigade [WAR] -[MERC][TF]
Sea of Sorrows. Crystal Desert.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

I’ve seen a few people on reddit who claim to have achieved T4 or T5 of some of the achievements. I find this unlikely due to hypothetical times involved, but if it’s true I think you shouldn’t reduce the maximum number needed for each achievement below what people have already reached.

Reducing below current levels is very disrespectful and unnessesary as it’s clearly achievable at whatever level someone has already achieved.

I hope you guys learnt your lesson from the Fractured debacle, reducing players progress without even a slither of recognition isn’t the way to restructure a system.

Back when you guys capped the salvaging achievement, you left in the repeat counter. As someone who had over 10k AP taken away, that small mark of respect and consideration was amazing for me.

I don’t think scaling the new achievement requirements based on the level of outlying grinder players is a particularly good idea, particularly for something like Yakslapper which requires no talent whatsoever beyond the ability to waste a colossal amount of your time. 2500 yaks is still quite a large number for reasonable players.

in WvW

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

Ultimate Dominator, there a title I like to get, sounds awesome, i bet it super easy (i say this after checking and seeing it not. also i see i not hit tier 2 of 5 yet, lol)

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Perhaps achieving some of the new titles should unlock a repeatable achievement, in the same way that long-term PvE achievements like dungeons and salvaging have repeatable achievements.

This I can support.

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Someone posted 700k yak kills on reddit so it must be true right?
So in essence you propose anet make the yakslayer title 700k because one guy claims to have gotten that?

Get real.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

yay. even if peoples complaining causes anet to raise yakslapper from 2.5k its sure to still sound a lot more reasonable than a million.
:)

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in WvW

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

ppl going bronze / t8 incoming to farm yaks

on a serious note i think 2500 is just fine… people forget how long they actually needed for it.. i bet most people didnt even pay attention cuz they would never egt it anyways but on popular servers it might take more than a few months to get it which is already longer than any other achieve.

Reaper – Anguîsh

(edited by Shakki.3219)

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

So for the Heart of Thorns or whatever its called you guys fixing some achievements that were set poorly 3 years ago? Can you explain why this has to be in HoT or why you mention HoT at all for this change? How is this even related to HoT? Isn’t HoT already hyped enough that every single fix has to have the words “Heart of Thorns” in it? I mean really?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Fowidner.6930

Fowidner.6930

OKay this sounds interesting but: Give the titles/rewards at like new requirements like 2500kills but let it count further after you got compleeted it, to keep track of how many kills you have a month or 2 further. I got the same with fractals, there is an achievement of do 500 times fractals but afterwards you have no idea how many fractals you have done. Im always interested to keep track of how many kills/captures I have and at this moment the achievements are really ‘lifetime’ experience, plx keep this experience.

or create some personal stats window like you can keep track of your spvp matches.

in WvW

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

Make it reasonable, but not too easy… I have double those yaks killed already, im sure 90% of active wvwers have too.

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Gladys.3542

Gladys.3542

Are you ppl actually complaining that they finally doing this :P!!!

ALL OF YOU SHOULD BE BEATEN TO DEATH BY A BIG STUPID STICK AND SHOW TO OTHERS !!!
Great work a-net i might actually want to WvW again.

by Holaadian.

in WvW

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

Are you ppl actually complaining that they finally doing this :P!!!

ALL OF YOU SHOULD BE BEATEN TO DEATH BY A BIG STUPID STICK AND SHOW TO OTHERS !!!
Great work a-net i might actually want to WvW again.

by Holaadian.

My feelings I don’t think you all should be beaten with a stick, but most reactions on the ArenaNet post are a little bit stupid. No idea if 2.5K Dolyaks is a good number for an achievement, but your reactions are not really constructive.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

in WvW

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

if anet could make it happen please let the counters continue after an wvw achievement is done.

Reaper – Anguîsh

in WvW

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

Nice, finally.

I think 2500 for yak slapper is a good number, after 2,5 years I’m around 1700 on both achievements escort and killing yaks. I play more in zergs and blobs.

[KILL] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: blubberblasen.3901

blubberblasen.3901

boa **** 2500 is high enough!
do not make it 10 000 or higher LoL

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodhokami.5739

Bloodhokami.5739

I have just read regarding change on success.

A good news ! (Sorry for my english ^^)

in WvW

Posted by: silmarilen.3218

silmarilen.3218

I think 2.5k yaks is a good number. Most people who are in the tens of thousands are forgetting that they have been playing for 2-3 years and that they spent several thousand hours in wvw. As someone who has been playing wvw on and off for a combined total of around 300 hours i am at a bit over 400 yaks killed. Now i understand i’m just not actively going for yaks, but even if you are actively going for yaks it will still take a couple of weeks to get it, which is an appropriate timeframe for an achievement in my opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

Glad to hear the achievement requirements are getting reduced to something actually attainable, but, really 2500? Really hope they left a 0 off that. 2500 is so low, lol. I think the pvers in this thread are forgetting that pve regularly gets more achievements added. WvW doesn’t. That’s why the pve achievements are so quick to get. WvW ones should take much longer than pve achievements (and really, should give way more AP than they do) . . . just not “1 million yaks” long lol.

in WvW

Posted by: AndyS.5630

AndyS.5630

I would assume that changing one extreme (impossible to get) to another (everyone gets it playing normally) isn’t the right way to go, considering that all WvW achievements yield titles. It should show some level of dedication.

The way to go probably is looking how many players have done Ultimate Dominator and adjust the numbers on other achievements to give each title to about the same number of players.

As for other achievements for WvW, we could get some other number achievements, like killing guards or whatever. Some achievements, not related to numbers, consider something like “Help capture every keep during one match.”

in WvW

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

If you compare this to PvP achievements for example, 2500 dolyaks appears to be fairly reasonable. For all people that want a counter, they can still add an infinite achievement that awards superior blueprints, gear and badges every further 500 kills. Other achievements can be treated similarly.

There can still be a selected few achievements like Ultimate Dominator that take a much longer time to get; so if you want to show your dedication to WvW, you can pick those titles. But those have to be the exception.

Also, everybody saying that they got more than this already so it should be something like 25k kills should keep in mind that the game has been out for 3 years already. Imagine how long it would take you if you started from scratch instead.

in WvW

Jana.6831

Nice, finally.

I think 2500 for yak slapper is a good number, after 2,5 years I’m around 1700 on both achievements escort and killing yaks. I play more in zergs and blobs.

I’m a roamer and at 8,5k – and at 50k kills – so by not making these titles super low, they still hold some meaning – I spent my time escorting and killing yaks, you spent your time in a zerg – I don’t think you deserve yakslapper while ultimate dominator is that far away from me.
No offense, I hope you get what I mean.

in WvW

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

2500 is way enough.
It really depends how you play : if you play often with a big zerk, killing yaks is really hard (they die in 0.25 seconds, only ppl at the head of the zerg can get credits for the kill) and there are no Yaks in EotM.

Really, 2500 is fine.

Just check the other achievements (even the repeatable ones) : how many times have you recycled 200 items without getting A.P., or how many dungeons have you ran outside the goal ?

in WvW

Posted by: LINKAZZATORE.8135

LINKAZZATORE.8135

i would prefer have something like yakslapper a bit higher… like 5k yaks? or maybe 10k? i’m not a roamer but i have killed 3.5k dolyaks already… at least 5k or 10k would be a long but makeable achievement.

also is possible have another realm avenger achievement? many got ultimate dominator already and can’t count their kills anymore (myself i’m almost done… 232k/250k) or would be awesome have some stats counter like pvp after match in the wvw tabbel (kills, camps, towers etc)

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

YAY! some obtainable titles

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: Quon Star.4678

Quon Star.4678

Do you guys think they will be changing the Edge of the Mist achievements too?

in WvW

Jana.6831

Do you guys think they will be changing the Edge of the Mist achievements too?

Are they hard to get?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

First people complain ( including me ) about the impossible to get acheivements. Now anet decides to lower them to more reasonable, maybe a bit too easy idk, and people going berserk about it being too easy.

Never good huh.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.