Thanks a lot for the patch!

in WvW

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

This is just the sort of update, content and attention to WvW we needed to revitalize and breath life into a dying game mod. Thanks anet!

World vs. World

-Fixed a bug in which Ballista Mastery V wasn’t working while operating a superior ballista.

-Updated the text for WvW-related daily achievements.

HOLY kitten LOOK AT ALL THE CONTENT UPDATES

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

You forgot:
•Blast Finisher: •Area Healing: Increased the culling priority on this combo’s effect. Reduced the size of the wave effect by 25%.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Wait, people still read WvWvW patch notes?

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Why not, it takes less than 20 seconds…

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Touché! That’s going to have me chuckling for a while.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

20? took me 5.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

They also stealth patched stacking sigils.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in WvW

Posted by: Delois.3974

Delois.3974

I am still HOPING they decided they wanted to wait to the end of tourny before they do anything that could change the meta.

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

are rangers now viable?

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

are rangers now viable?

Hahahahahaha

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

We just got the last update a quarter year ago, be more patient.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

It wasn’t meant to be a WvW content patch.

Complaining is one thing, but at least do it with brains. Wait for them to disappoint with an actual WvW patch before whining about it.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Fear not. I am sure ANET will amuse and delight us with a new mastery skill soon.

sigh

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I really like the new spinning rams, brilliant job. It is so much more enjoyable to watch the rams do continuous 360’s instead of … well you know … ramming the gates.

in WvW

Posted by: Heartpains.7312

Heartpains.7312

I suppose thats a great start to fix wvw bugs … =p
Seriously though, there are really lots of wvw bugs that people made list for them and i don’t know how many they were but i am pretty sure they were many and keep increasing.

Also it seems that every patch is a “pve” patch, we want them to fix bugs in wvw at least =/

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Wait, ANet still bothers to post WvW patch notes?

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Wait, ANet still bothers to post WvW patch notes?

Not Anet, silly, that one guy in a small deskroom who spends 10 minutes/month making up the patch notes for WvW, and rest of his time goes to nerfing classes.

Edit: +1 to y’all

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

are rangers now viable?

I use mine as a bank alt. I’d say it’s viable for that purpose.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Actually, in terms of what it does for WvW, one of the best Living Story(ish) patches ever..
So it doesn’t fix any of the bugs and issues that we know exist in WvW

But just read the QQ in the Living World sub-Forum:
“Boring…”
“Where’s the Loot?…”
“Benn there, done that!…”
And the best one yet, “SOB! Liadri is harder than ever!…”

All the casual WvW players and mandatory PUG PvE sc… erm .. casuals who have helped during the league have visited the Festival, found that it isn’t a patch on WvW gameplay, and have decided to give it a miss!

You want loot? Come to WvW! Talk about irony!

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

I saw that they nerfed the champ trains and just laughed and laughed.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in WvW

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

When I played WvW today I had no idea what was going on, it felt like a new game… I was stupefied and mystified at the same time… how could they unload so many changes on us all at once?

How were we supposed to digest all of the meta changes along with the bug fixes and improved commander/guild functions?

So content, many update, wow.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Well patches are usually mainly pve, hopefully we’ll get some wvw stuff this summer. I do remember them saying something big was coming; or was that the april feature pack?

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Realist.5812

Well patches are usually mainly pve, hopefully we’ll get some wvw stuff this summer. I do remember them saying something big was coming; or was that the april feature pack?

I remember them saying something like that, but I’m pretty certain it wasn’t for WvW.

WvW gets no content/updates/fixes/improvement, and it gets no developer/staff interaction or any kind, if something like that was specifically said for WvW, I would of fallen out of my chair and died.

And then got up, screenshotted it, printed it out, framed it, and hung it in the wall.

Then taken a photo of the framed and hanging screenshot of the promise to improve WvW and uploaded it to the forums to lead the oppressed WvW population to greener pastures.

ALL IS VAIN.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

This is just the sort of update, content and attention to WvW we needed to revitalize and breath life into a dying game mod. Thanks anet!

World vs. World

-Fixed a bug in which Ballista Mastery V wasn’t working while operating a superior ballista.

-Updated the text for WvW-related daily achievements.

HOLY kitten LOOK AT ALL THE CONTENT UPDATES

We need more Please fix them all.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

atheria.2837

are rangers now viable?

Since our pets still don’t do the instantaneous cast for their special skills, it’s not fixed – but we are viable as roamers and zerg backliners.

If you listen to trolls, you will not find out what works on a Ranger or any other toon.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

atheria.2837

are rangers now viable?

Hahahahahaha

Laugh it up while some Rangers kill, and kill, and kill….

in WvW

Realist.5812

That triple post though.

ALL IS VAIN.

in WvW

Posted by: sukilih.6913

sukilih.6913

I remember them saying something like that, but I’m pretty certain it wasn’t for WvW.

WvW gets no content/updates/fixes/improvement, and it gets no developer/staff interaction or any kind, if something like that was specifically said for WvW, I would of fallen out of my chair and died.

And then got up, screenshotted it, printed it out, framed it, and hung it in the wall.

Then taken a photo of the framed and hanging screenshot of the promise to improve WvW and uploaded it to the forums to lead the oppressed WvW population to greener pastures.

I laughed Soo hard, but in truth I would do the the same hahaha
+1.

Ron burgundy
TC- milk was a bad choice

in WvW

Posted by: strifer.7986

strifer.7986

i’m wondering if this game still have a wvw team…

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/devon-carver-on-the-future-of-world-vs-world/

(edited by strifer.7986)

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

What does it matter what they add to WvW if we’ll just give anet kitten about it no matter what they implement

95% of player made ideas and suggestions do not get supported or merely do by the “WvW community”

Admit it, we’re the hardest to please

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

strifer.7986

What does it matter what they add to WvW if we’ll just give anet kitten about it no matter what they implement

95% of player made ideas and suggestions do not get supported or merely do by the “WvW community”

i dont understand what are you trying to point out but this cant be in any way their excuse to improve this game mod.please…there is always someone not happy about change….just check pve forum.

(edited by strifer.7986)

in WvW

Realist.5812

EVERYBODY wants commander tag functionality improved.

EVERYBODY wants guild functionality improved.

Both of those are backed by 100% of wvwers. What goes under those headings won’t be 100% agreed upon but it won’t be far off.

Then there’s:
- Stop rewarding server stacking
- Fix bugs
- Ascended gear purchasable with Badges
- Tomes of Knowledge purchasable with Badges
- Auto unclaim structures when no guild buffs are present

And those 5 boast a very high number.

That’s all ANet needs to work on for now, and all they’ve needed to work on for more than a year (aside from tomes idea), yet here we are, ignored.

ALL IS VAIN.

(edited by Realist.5812)

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Really? Why would you say that? Because WvW players complain after being showered in love and attention? Oh, yah, that never happend.

All people wanted was a performance fix, actual unique WvW gear to work towards, a way to properly gear through WvW and better rewards (ingredients/gold). Thats it.

Lets take a look at how this, year and a half old list is doing.

1) Culling became a personal choice. But really, it didnt get fixed. It cant be fixed. WvW will forever have kittenty performance and poor optimization.

2) Unique WvW skins. We’re finally seeing some added in about 2 weeks. So, that took 22 months since launch. Meanwhile it doesnt help their case that PvE gets drowned in new skins. Its now slowing down a bit, but for a long time we saw new skins in pve every two-weeks to a month.

3) You still cannot properly gear through WvW. You cannot get all ascended types of gear, and you cannot get runes or sigils at all.

4) WvW is, and forever always has been, given less rewards for the player then PvE. Less gold, less mats. In an economy that for the longest time had been under constant inflation, if you are making less gold its going to become harder and harder to afford items.
Such as those runes or sigils.

Sure a lot of things happend, and some are positive such as putting OS on its own map, to avoid AFKers queueing for it in EB and taking up space. Or removing the ability to treb Bay from Garrison.
And we got EotM, a kind of overflow/alternate WvW map, which imo was cool.

But a lot of time and effort that arenanet spend on WvW has been wasted aswell. On things nobody ever asked for, or even cares all that much about.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

They also stealth patched stacking sigils.

This made me really sad.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Natronix.9827

Don’t get me wrong, we’re definitely not getting enough attention for such a good game mode that is WvW but read all the BS threads and non sense around this section and how split WvWers can get.

Blame ANet all you like, you will most of the time be right about it but think a little bit if we as a community have done any good to fix pop balances ( Remember T1 pre SoR implosion on constant guild buying from lower tiers) OR to express ourselves more respectfully. Its literally no counsidence match up threads were closed because of our general attitude, some people just cannot enjoy a game without constant massive improments that dont benefit the game but them as individuals

But hey its easy, #BlameAnet

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Realist.5812

but think a little bit if we as a community have done any good to fix pop balances ( Remember T1 pre SoR implosion on constant guild buying from lower tiers)

Um…. not every player is on Blackgate. And not every server buys guilds like Blackgate (read no one else does). Don’t try throw the blame onto players and servers that had no part is one servers sad antics.

ALL IS VAIN.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

It wasn’t meant to be a WvW content patch.

Complaining is one thing, but at least do it with brains. Wait for them to disappoint with an actual WvW patch before whining about it.

Uhh … speaking of brains, I think you’re missing the point. The problem is the waiting for an actual WvW patch. The problems are already there … we don’t have to wait for a busted patch to have something to complain about. And since we don’t have the slightest word from ANet on when some mythical patch might pop (even for major topics covered in previous CDIs) we have no reason NOT to complain.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Natronix.9827

but think a little bit if we as a community have done any good to fix pop balances ( Remember T1 pre SoR implosion on constant guild buying from lower tiers)

Um…. not every player is on Blackgate. And not every server buys guilds like Blackgate (read no one else does). Don’t try throw the blame onto players and servers that had no part is one servers sad antics.

You really eat up all the kitten on the forums if you think BG is the only server that has “bough guilds” , and its not just about buying coverage, is when already dominant servers keep recruiting or masses of players keep bandwagoning. That is the cause of imbalance, not Anet, that was my whole point.

I know how kittened a lot of you are at anet and hate that im being the devils advocate but im pointing out the truth

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Its not like the publisher is coming out with a competitor MMO in the next few weeks… oh wait.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

It would be kinda stupid to make changes when the game just came out in China, don’t you think?

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

It would be kinda stupid to make changes when the game just came out in China, don’t you think?

Because we saw so many improvements to WvW in the previous 21 months.

in WvW

strifer.7986

Its not like the publisher is coming out with a competitor MMO in the next few weeks… oh wait.

i hope you are not right…if i’m not wrong the gw2 team its different….( wildstar)

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Because we saw so many improvements to WvW in the previous 21 months.

Oh I was unaware we were talking about wvw since day one. The topic of the thread totally isn’t about this most recent patch. /sarcasm

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

are rangers now viable?

Didn’t you read?

Ranger Pets
- Ranger pet special (F2) skills are now significantly more responsive.

I mean, I know they say that in every update… but I’m sure that they really fixed pets this time.

In all seriousness I switched from roaming as an engi to roaming as a ranger a few weeks ago and it is flipping awesome. Rangers do just fine in small scale fights and let’s be honest, the biggest thing you need for a zerg is to just not be a rally bot and carry supply. I know there are zerg “tactics” but unfortunately numbers matter more than skill in zerg fights.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN