Thieves. The One man army.

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

I only have a level 50 thief, but I’m certainly enjoying it. Solo, I can engage level 80 players in WvW with a fair chance of winning. I can escape zergs where some of my other characters would get mown down. Shortbow is great on walls, (top or bottom). Poison and smoke fields are great for zergs. Spam-able bast finisher is great fun.

Ranged attacks are a bit meh, that’s the main downside to this class.

One of the things I have noticed is that it’s not just stealth that makes this class so hard to hit. You can heartseeker in and dodge out before most players react. And easy access to smoke fields means lots of misses.

In PVE I’m mowing down risen abominations two levels higher than me, doing skill points and veterans above my level. Often, unless I slip up, I can take out higher level opponents without taking any damage at all. As long as you don’t try and face-tank, or just stand there auto-attacking, thieves shouldn’t have any problems in open world PVE either.

in WvW

Posted by: idevourwater.3149

idevourwater.3149

I find thief to be the hardest class to master, but also the hardest to fight agaisnt…
Near perma stealth, with high burst, and grp utility via spammable blast finishers on shortbow make them both a great in small and large skirmishes…

TBH i dont think its that the thief is op or anything… its just that, a lot of classes dont have ways to deal with stealth reliabily… For example, a ranger pet whcih accounts for 40% of thier dmg is lost whenever a thief stealths.

Overall, I believe it is a design flaw. (thief is not OP, stealth is badly designed)

in WvW

Posted by: Blankverse.4927

Blankverse.4927

PS: Not USELESS in a zerg at all. Just cluster bomb alone makes them one of the strongest utility classes […]

… or pistols maxed + ricochet. Stand on the wall or in the backline and see the numbers: 3K dmg, 4k dmg, 5k dmg, 3k dmg… to multiple targets every 2 sec.
Theif useless in a zerg? …. mercy!!!!

I guess thieves who describe themselfs as useless in a zerg never even tried something else than d/d.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

-Thieves have a spammable blastfinisher and poison combofield. Hello spammable AoE weakness, might, retaliation, healing and all that good stuff. Not to mention it hurts.
-Hello to AoE stealth. Saving downed allies, because you cannot STOMP a stealthed player. Free rez! Thst doubles as a Dark combofield for delicious Lifesteal procs.
-Granting Poisons to nearby Allies.
-Granting various Boons to nearby Allies (if specced for it).
-The single best profession to use traps on enemy zergs, because he can build them right in the middle of the enemy zerg. Pray to whatever god you believe in when ANet descides to add combat usefull traps. For now, settle for Supply Sapping a zerg.
-Not to mention some of the goodies Thieves can Steal, like a Water combofield from Rangers. See point 1 for epic aoe healing.
-Blinds… so many Blinds. AoE even.

Thing is, every Thief ever would much rather go d/p and permastealth Troll enemy zergs. And gank enemy players. And play the Lone Wolf rather then coordinate with their zerg.
Cant blame em, i’d do the same if my profession was just as good at ganking, soloing, trolololing whole zergs and not dying just like a Thief.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

-Thieves have a spammable blastfinisher and poison combofield. Hello spammable AoE weakness, might, retaliation, healing and all that good stuff. Not to mention it hurts.
-Hello to AoE stealth. Saving downed allies, because you cannot STOMP a stealthed player. Free rez! Thst doubles as a Dark combofield for delicious Lifesteal procs.
-The single best profession to use traps on enemy zergs, because he can build them right in the middle of the enemy zerg. Pray to whatever god you believe in when ANet descides to add combat usefull traps. For now, settle for Supply Sapping a zerg.
-Not to mention some of the goodies Thieves can Steal, like a Water combofield from Rangers. See point 1 for epic aoe healing.

Thing is, every Thief ever would much rather go d/p and permastealth Troll enemy zergs. And gank enemy players. And play the Lone Wolf rather then coordinate with their zerg.
Cant blame em, i’d do the same if my profession was just as good at ganking, soloing, trolololing whole zergs and not dying just like a Thief.

You are mixing all the builds an traits, just impossible.
Just saying the op of thieves due to their stolen water field is enough for me.
Really funny.

Best,

Haltair, one of the Twelve Shadows

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I find it funny how Thieves blindly defend there class thinking that Perma Stealth, obscene damage, BS combat movement and ridiculous boons is perfectly fine thing to have and how its a “L2P” issue

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

You are mixing all the builds an traits, just impossible.
Just saying the op of thieves due to their stolen water field is enough for me.
Really funny.

Best,

Haltair, one of the Twelve Shadows

Where did i say its overpowered? Seeing things that arent there is a serious mental illness and i urge you to seek professional help.

I was listing things a Thief can do to the aid of their zerg and nearby allies, or effectiveness within a zerg. Saying Thieves are useless in a zerg is the only joke in this thread so far.

in WvW

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

I find it funny how Thieves blindly defend there class thinking that Perma Stealth, obscene damage, BS combat movement and ridiculous boons is perfectly fine thing to have and how its a “L2P” issue

Ridiculous boons? Your in the wrong thread mate, guardian forums are that way —→

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Ridiculous boons? Your in the wrong thread mate, guardian forums are that way —->

No seriously, He was going into stealth and coming out with like 6 different boons and doing it EVERY 3 seconds meaning they were either refreshed or replaced. I watched him fighting some people for a good 2-3mins he didnt have ANY time out of stealth where he didnt have like 6 boons on himself.

Mostly Fury, Protection, saw a few Swiftness in there as well as Aegis and some others

in WvW

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I was watching videos online, and I think this video of a D/P thief shows how much they can contribute to a zerg:

Something a lot of players forget is that quick, targeted kills are really useful in a group vs. group environment. Compare it to what happens when you don’t use targeted kills, then suddenly that enemy necromancer has rooted everyone and inflicted torment, that elementalist throws down so many water fields that you can’t do any good damage, or that mesmer throw down time warp and their team proceeds to just mess you up.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Ridiculous boons? Your in the wrong thread mate, guardian forums are that way —->

No seriously, He was going into stealth and coming out with like 6 different boons and doing it EVERY 3 seconds meaning they were either refreshed or replaced. I watched him fighting some people for a good 2-3mins he didnt have ANY time out of stealth where he didnt have like 6 boons on himself.

Mostly Fury, Protection, saw a few Swiftness in there as well as Aegis and some others

Are you a Mesmer? If not, did he have a sword?

in WvW

nirvana.8245

I was watching videos online, and I think this video of a D/P thief shows how much they can contribute to a zerg:

Something a lot of players forget is that quick, targeted kills are really useful in a group vs. group environment. Compare it to what happens when you don’t use targeted kills, then suddenly that enemy necromancer has rooted everyone and inflicted torment, that elementalist throws down so many water fields that you can’t do any good damage, or that mesmer throw down time warp and their team proceeds to just mess you up.

Dagger storm is not “a good tanking ability” unless the zerg is completely horrid. Sure, that’s often the case. But most of us play with the frame of mind that the opponents we are going to face are of decent quality and play as such, otherwise you will get schooled. People should always pay their opponents respect, not just in this game, for this very reason. Underestimating an opponent is in this game, just like everywhere else, a common way to lose a fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This thread has slid completely into fantasy land. Lets correct some misconceptions.

Boons: If they have lots they stole from a mesmer or they were standing next to a guardian/necro.

Zergs: Thieves not useless, but not particularly effective either. Other classes have FAR more group centric abilities, LOTS more AoE and certainly better utility. Traps in the enemy zerg is useless because the damage is not high enough to do anything. Stealth and combat mobility are the thiefs strongest traits… both are near useless in a zerg. DS is still good so long as the person is standing at or near the commander position.

Killing: They are very strong solo killers with a good blast finisher. They are excellent support in skirmish teams as they can dish out heavy damage and synergize well with tanks and field classes.

Oh and yes as a primary thief player I will concede that jumping through ones own field endlessly lands on the broken side. I don’t play it because I feel it is a bit on the cheap side but that is a personal opinion. The only way to fight that is to stand in the field which will usually cause the thief to target the player on the HS forcing their reveal and burning a lot of initiative.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Are you a Mesmer? If not, did he have a sword?

i wasnt in the fight, it was one i was watching and no i dont think he had a sword, it looked like he was swapping between D/P and D/D but cant be 100% i KNOW he was a Thief though.

in WvW

Posted by: HeliaXDemoN.1208

HeliaXDemoN.1208

Find the s.tupid damage on this pics:

http://i.imgur.com/BWmHLBO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IlL49CI.jpg

in WvW

Shemsu.8721

I don’t know what you saw, but thieves do NOT have access to protection or aegis, except thru boon steal or Mesmer juice

in WvW

Posted by: Archon.6481

Archon.6481

Glass cannon loses to a glass cannon thief.

Nothing new here, move on everyone.

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

I don’t know what you saw, but thieves do NOT have access to protection or aegis, except thru boon steal or Mesmer juice

Could be runes too, for example Rune of Lyssa (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Lyssa).

With Basilisk Venom all boons, cooldown 45 seconds without Quick Venoms. Combine with Larcenous Strike and other traited boons. Rate of getting boons was a bit exaggerated.

[Hex]

in WvW

Shemsu.8721

Ridiculous boons? Your in the wrong guythread mate, guardian forums are that way —->

Could be runes too, for example Rune of Lyssa (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Lyssa).

With Basilisk Venom all boons, cooldown 45 seconds without Quick Venoms. Combine with Larcenous Strike and other traited boons. Rate of getting boons was a bit exaggerated.

Yeah lyssa is a possibility, except he said 6 boons every 3 seconds. Cooldown on lyssa runes is 50 seconds, so If you use them with basi venom you gotta wait 5 seconds.

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

The Thief.

The most mobile class in the game
The class with the most and highest damage potential
The class that cannot be caught in combat or out of combat
The class with the best or close to the best talent synergy
The class with the (lets not lie here) overpowered Stealth mechanic
(perma in combat stealth anyone)
The class that is as easy to play as a warrior.

The class that offers NOTHING worth while to a group.
The class that is next to totally USELESS in a WvW zerg
The class that is Pretty much a leech in most large skirmish in WvW.
The class that is forced to Scout all the time because that is all they can offer.
The class that is forced to Kill quick or die by zerg
The class that is forced to roam solo or in a small group with other thieves, because they are forever alone and shunned by society and their mother doesn’t love them either.

Tbh while I find stealth stupidly broken and overpowered all else seem like a bad trade off for a game that is group pvp oriented

No..you offer a lot in a group. The problem is most thieves don’t want to change their build/gear to adapt to a zerg/group play. I have 5 sets of gear in my warrior’s bags to adapt to solo, group or zerg play.

There are viable thief builds/specs for groups/zergs. Venom sharing, group stealth, stealth finishers and revivals. Glass cannon isn’t smart due to the AOE flying around but you can still go a bit tanky and still hit the squishes at the back hard. You can have your warrior group buddy or guardian set up a target for you that can’t get away: Warrior LB5, Sword burst immobilize or guardian ring of warding. A smart warrior can set up 7 seconds of immobilize/stun for you on a clustered group.

As for zergs, if you wanna hang around with a zerg that means your a lemming that isn’t worth responding to but i’ll bite..

Sieging a tower? Go keep an eye out for incoming reinforcements and intercept them, even better if you are more than one thief.

Defending a tower? Most defenders use boring iphone games -siege- to defend. Whatever class you are you will get wiped off the wall with smart siegers/large numbers.

Zerg vs. zerg face off: I have no idea why anyone would bother staying in this situation except the pvers..i mean..‘WvW pvp players’..Just disengage and keep cutting the reinforcement route to their zerg.

I really have no idea why someone rolling a thief would run with a zerg..on that matter..why would anyone who enjoys a challenge roll with one?

in WvW

nirvana.8245

I have a thief and I really would like to adapt my build to a zerg build. My issue is I already require over a years worth of laurels for my 7 other chars, so its a long time before I can try building a zerg thief. I see a fair few things that they can contribute to a zerg. But the fact of the matter is there is nothing a thief can do in a zerg that I don’t think another class can do better. So I chose to have this as a low priority when I can just switch characters depending on what is needed at the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Iluth.6875

Iluth.6875

Thieves can contribute to a zerg just fine, shortbow with sigil of fire is very good.

I do agree we need more synergy with other classes or some way to contribute a little more to a group.

Also thief 1v1 can use some nerfs big time.

in WvW

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Yes well if I can easily stomp other stealth thieves without using stealth myself, I am pretty sure everyone else can too. It really is a L2P issue when fighting against stealth.

Secondly, what “ridiculous boons”? Thieves are incapable of boon spamming unlike guardians…

And last but not least, you are kittening about a class that is SUPPOSED TO HAVE HIGHEST BURST AND MOBILITY IN COMBAT.

It isn’t blind defense. We are arguing against ignorant and bad players.

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Anet wants everyone to play thieves.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Thieves are fine. And I solely play ranger. In fact, I’m the Ranger Extrordinare (2200 hours and counting) and I love thieves. I love fighing them. I love partying with them in all game modes (high level fotm, vw, tpvp). I love their spamming blast in my bonfire. Armageddon…you must not like AoE might stacks.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The Thief.

The class that is next to totally USELESS in a WvW zerg

They have the fastest blast finisher and massive aoe i have seen cluster bomb hit 6k+ on my theif. Dagger storm can put out some serious damage. Their also quite useful to res downed players in stealth.

Well if your cluster bombs hit for 6K the problem is that you’ll get steamrolled by the enemy zerg and you’ll be a rally magnet for the enemy. The only reason guild groups win is because they simply do not go down. Once you get that ball rolling… you’re finished.

Conservative thieves are quite effective skirmishers alongside the main zerg, but inside they are useless, yes. Their bow do offer a blast finisher but when it comes down to it the guild group would probably rather have a hammer guardian doing it.

In my experience its still very simple: up to a full 5 man group, thieves are great fun. Above that, easily replaceable with better professions. TBH it would be fun to see a guild having an “all thief” event with 30ish thieves running around just for laughs, but I dont think its going to happen.

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I find it funny how ppl with their limited imagination and lack of knowledge of tactics, the game mechanics provide, conclude defenite roles of certain professions.

Just this sentence disqualifies the OP already:

The class that cannot be caught in combat or out of combat

Really, you can not catch thieves? And therefor they are uncatchable? Why is it then, that it happens only rarely that I can not catch a thief? There are only a few good theif players I have trouble with, the others want to fight me, but die trying…

On the other side, I just finished leveling my own thief and equiped full zerker. And my shortbow from top of the wall does quite considerable dmg to an attacking zerg. As far as my experience with and against thieves goes, they are considerably different than the experiences a few ppl try relentlessly to convince all the other players of (did this sentece even make sense? It’s late…).

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I have no idea what they were doing, just every time they came out of Stealth they had ALOT of boons…

in WvW

Posted by: spRonin.7128

spRonin.7128

An easy suggestion; thieves shouldn’t be able to heal while stealth. Allow regen boon & food ticks sure, but no healing. That, or lower their condition removal, 1 instead of 3 conditions removed.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaz.9376

Kaz.9376

An easy suggestion; thieves shouldn’t be able to heal while stealth. Allow regen boon & food ticks sure, but no healing. That, or lower their condition removal, 1 instead of 3 conditions removed.

If you’re referring to shadowstep, those three conditions are only removed when the thief ports back. If you’re talking about the stealth condition removal trait, that’s 1 condition every 3 seconds. It’s really nice when you’re d/p, but I wouldn’t consider thieves to be really strong in the condition removal department.

in WvW

Posted by: spRonin.7128

spRonin.7128

I wouldn’t say that either, but combined with everything else a thief can do, it’s too much.

in WvW

TyPin.9860

I thought that too, when I didn’t run a thief myself. The heavy condition removal has to be traited, thus sacraficing a lot of helpful traits in the dmg department. Yes, such D/P thieves with heavy stealth are hard to catch, but they don’t deal that much dmg.

Again, once one has some practice dealing with thiefes, only the good thief players are a challange, and that is okay for they should give you a challange running any profession^^

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Everytime I die it’s either to a zerg or 1-5 thieves. But I honestly don’t mind. XD
A strong class role for them is player killer. Many players prefer to spec them to be such, and the balance is that they don’t have much influence on the map beyond picking off the odd player.

in WvW

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Stealth of thieves is not OP, it is just annoying with the average troll jumping on them in WvW. Talking 3xHS noobs here.

The problem is not the class, it is the people you play them in WvW that just annoy the majority of all other players.

Just roll a thief and start to play it until you understand how the thief works and then you can deal with the average thief in a roaming encounter.

And in WvW, don’t chase them with a group. Ignore them. Don’t feed the trolls. Take some keeps and loot opponents while they are just going for a yak-slapping title in about a decade.

Supply camps? Just upgrade them and the average thief will just go for the flag the randoms are taking care of later.

I had some great 1vs1 with good thief players. A lot of fun. And my main is a warrior, that is the worst 1vs1 class as we all know by far.

I encountered a lot of good thief players. The really good ones, don’t finish you, they let you stand up again waiting for some nice 1v1 fights. And then it is really fun playing against them.

But sadly most thieves are just annoying.

in WvW

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

And my main is a warrior, that is the worst 1vs1 class as we all know by far.

Not sure if trolling…

Stunlockers or GS/AS Warriors are great 1v1.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

highest mobility, burst and best defensive ability (stealth) – what’s not to like about thieves.

in WvW

Zumy.6318

Highest mobility: Meleeranger/GS+S Warrior
Burst: Warrior/Shattermesmer
Defense ability: Guardian/BM Ranger/Some crazy Engi kitespec

-Stealth ist not Aegis
-Shadowshot/HS eats up all your Initiative + no stability at all
-my lvl 74 Mesmer bursts higher and on 5 targets

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in WvW

Posted by: Direwind.8409

Direwind.8409

So after reading a lot of the replys I get the impression that;

None of you have denied the the pro+ to the class I stated (being highest dps and burst, speed, mobility, escape ability, class synergy and overpowered stealth)

But most of you totally denied the cons- those being that the class is worthless in a group and that the class is forced to solo for this reason.

you do know what that means if you are right and the thief is viable for group and zerg warplay while still being the best at everything else.

Overpowered. so, think hard. are thiefs group viable.

in WvW

Zumy.6318

I am still laughing about highest burst and dps. And I am trying to eat a Yoghurt, so laughing is quite counterproductive.

Stealth being OP, meh, i dont even. Class synergy, well, 0,20,30,20,0 is good for trolling. So some kind of synergy. No thief will ever catch a ranger or a warrior that does not want to be catched, so not even going to comment more about this.

Thief is broken against upscaled pvdoorlings.

Remove retaliation from the game or rework it if you want to change something in WvW, thieves really dont need another nerf.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in WvW

TyPin.9860

So after reading a lot of the replys I get the impression that;

None of you have denied the the pro+ to the class I stated (being highest dps and burst, speed, mobility, escape ability, class synergy and overpowered stealth)

But most of you totally denied the cons- those being that the class is worthless in a group and that the class is forced to solo for this reason.

you do know what that means if you are right and the thief is viable for group and zerg warplay while still being the best at everything else.

Overpowered. so, think hard. are thiefs group viable.

Okay, lets get to the core of it. Thieves can have a role in 1v1, small groups and even Zerg. Are they now OP? No they are not. The reason for that is simple. One and the same thief can not assume all the roles. While some spec in heavy stealth and therefor provide some heal and escape abilities for the Zerg via shadow refuge, other spec in full backstap dmg with venom to stun and sigil to increase dmg, they run quickly out of initiative and are simply one shot burst builds, that are very strong in 1v1 but only to a limited ammount in big Zerg vs Zerg engagements. There are the “i never run out of intiative”-builds, who can provide a lot in both aspects, in small scale fights (constant pressure, like the S/D jumper) and in Zerg fights (blast finisher after blast finisher), however, they are not as extreme as the two others.

No thief can utilize all the upsides at the same time, but some ppl wanna make the community beliefe they could. They are actually quite balanced. Other professions can provide to smal scale fights and to the Zerg aswell and are not considered overpowerd, because they can not use every build at the same time too.

And my 1st alt is a heavy condition dmg Necromancer and I dare to say, that she is with the same build (no trait and no utility has to be changed, the food buff remains the same) a heavy addition in small scale fights and in big Zerg vs Zerg engagements. And she is a respectable 1v1 and even few against many fighter (as I once shocked my guild leader, who was running after me, as I engaged 10 players at the same time, and when he joined the fight, some tragets were already downed and rdy to finish, so I could rally again and continue smashing them).

Don’t be ridiculous. Thief is okay as it is. They need of course still some fine tuning, as all professions still need imho, but they are not OP in the sense that one thief can take any role without build change.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: GenerationX.9178

GenerationX.9178

Every time people complain about thieves I just want play it more and really troll in ways you guys mention!

Generation [ RH ] [ EC ]

in WvW

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Dagger storm is not “a good tanking ability” unless the zerg is completely horrid. Sure, that’s often the case. But most of us play with the frame of mind that the opponents we are going to face are of decent quality and play as such, otherwise you will get schooled. People should always pay their opponents respect, not just in this game, for this very reason. Underestimating an opponent is in this game, just like everywhere else, a common way to lose a fight.

Am I the only one that thinks this response didn’t make sense? I watch a video on blind + stealth support and targeted kills, and then someone suddenly only talks about dagger storm.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in WvW

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

Tell ArenaNet to do something about Cloak and Dagger / Black Powder + Heartseeker.

Until then, ArenaNet has zero clue as to what the problem is with the class. Those two abilities I listed above are the cause of Thief issues. Anyone denying that hasn’t played a profession to 80. Want proof of denial?

Cloak and Dagger / Black Powder + Heartseeker Stealthing should be removed?
The guy on the Left is Reality. The Donkey on the Right are Thieves who will disagree:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqs9DYisSsg

By the way, I am a Thief. I just know how to play one better without the use of a Dagger.

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Surely a more simple fix is make stealth non-stackable?
Stealth should be more of a finisher or perfect timing sort of thing, not lolpermadstealth

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Denied! That is my official opinion on this statement.

Highest DPS belongs to AoE builds and thieves aren’t even in the running.

Highest single target burst certainly debatable. Thieves can deliver a lot of damage but not without face tanking which is inherently dangerous for a squishy class. The better thieves don’t burst, they whittle. Warriors probably have the highest burst.

Speed. Check, thieves are fast. Rangers and warriors also have fantastic sprint speeds that don’t burn out all their offense using. Eles can also be very fast especially if they trait the fire sword.

Escape. Yes no question thief is the best escape class.

Class synergy… not even in the running. Alt Heal Guardians and D/D Eles have vastly superior cross player skills/traits.

OP Stealth… we can just agree to disagree.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

The Thief.

The most mobile class in the game warrior
The class with the most and highest damage potential maybe
The class that cannot be caught in combat or out of combat engi and mesmer are fairly elusive
The class with the best or close to the best talent synergy what?
The class with the (lets not lie here) overpowered Stealth mechanic not really
(perma in combat stealth anyone)
The class that is as easy to play as a warrior. any class can be easy

The class that offers NOTHING worth while to a group. blast finishers, refuge, traps etc
The class that is next to totally USELESS in a WvW zerg ^
The class that is Pretty much a leech in most large skirmish in WvW. sounds like a player issue
The class that is forced to Scout all the time because that is all they can offer. Scouts have been useful since the beginning of time
The class that is forced to Kill quick or die by zerg
The class that is forced to roam solo or in a small group with other thieves, because they are forever alone and shunned by society and their mother doesn’t love them either. are we still talking about the thief?

Tbh while I find stealth stupidly broken and overpowered all else seem like a bad trade off for a game that is group pvp oriented

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]

in WvW

Posted by: yesfourme.8906

yesfourme.8906

I just “experienced” a thief who killed 3 of us, going stealth to kill me, and then the rest of us. We couldn’t see him the entire time, even when he finished us. While I am certain he got skill, the length he can go invisible is total BS.

(edited by yesfourme.8906)

in WvW

TyPin.9860

You have recording of that? I mean, without wanting to be mean, you all 3 could be not best suited to fight a thief (skill and/or build wise).

The last thief I met in WvW in a 1v1 situation was downed within 5 secs or so. Granted, he was not that skilled himself. A backstab thief using basilisk venom. His mistake was teleporting to me while I camp in all my marks… invisibility couldn’t save him^^

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: yesfourme.8906

yesfourme.8906

I wish I had. I didn’t expect that outcome at all. And I didn’t expect to meet him 2 times after that. On the other hand, after that he had friends. But I was tilted after the first encounter. I am still hell mad at my lack of pvp skills, but also at the fact I still have no idea if anything could have been done to prevent that.

What happened was simple: We were capping a spot. He shows up and target me, the mesmer. Half my life is gone. He went stealth. I can’t target him. Cast Chaos Storm, chaos armor, and healing. Suddenly he reappears. Almost dead again. Dodge, use distortion. Suddenly he reappears. Now I am down. Deception just in case. My “friend” came to res me. And suddenly he finished me. I still don’t even see him except the flag. Same fate for the next 2.

I feel robbed. How can a thief stay so long stealth and hit so hard?

PS: If you are that asura thief, well I dunno know what to say to you. I am the mesmer with blue clothes and the engineer backpack. You own. Congrats. I wish I knew how to put at least a challenge. If you have a few tips for me to survive longer your attack, then I can’t tell you how much I want to thank you in adv.

(edited by yesfourme.8906)