This will get thieves nerfed again.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I fail to see the point really in this at all…looks like all this is, is 1 thief who decided to be a pest to a small little group by just spamming c/d and refuge while not even attempting to kill anyone lol

I keep saying that same thing over and over again … a thief can be exceedingly annoying, but unless he manages to burst you down right away he is either dead or merely annoying. If he simply kitten es you off without killing you he isn’t overpowered, no matter how many times he manages to do it.

Annoying does not equal overpowered.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

If you stop attacking when a thief stealths shame on you. If you’ve never down / killed one in stealth I don’t think youre playing the same game as me.

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in WvW

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

The fact that you can chain CnD forever, shadowstep away and try again, means stealth is a broken mechanic. If they nerf CnD, they still have smoke field + Hs . Not sure how to fix these things whitout break the entire class though.

in WvW

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Any decent player should be able to 1v1 a thief.

People who claims otherwise have never played a thief.

Lol and the two classes you have played are thief and elementalist, (D/D ele i bet my balls),

What he said was true. Want to lose the fear of thieves? Play one and learn the mechanics of it. They’re not that scary. Not to mention thief on thief fights are easily some of the most fun battles you’ll ever find in WvW. This particular thief in the vid was even pretty tanky at that. As far as thieves go anyway.

Surely you didn’t play another class otherwise you would know that fighting against a thief is boring as hell,

50% he’s invisible, the rest of the time hitting you like a truck pressing one key,

And if you start winning he just run away,

Sadly to say this is the truth. You can play a thief to 80 learn all the mechanics and you’ll have to face the fact that a good one can disengage at their own pleasure. Fighting a thief is never fun. It is not fun to fight a class you can get to 10% health and puff they are gone. It’s not fun to fight a class with so much mobility that chasing them is a joke. We can debate the merits of trolling a zerg but fact is thieves just happen to have a distinct advantage in Wv3 where there are bunches of critters to CnD off of and lots of places to run to.

As far as 1v1 a thief isn’t that crazy hard to beat even D/P has its flaws. By beat I mean get them to run lol.

All the hate aside play a thief and you’ll understand that there are drawbacks to the class. If you do get caught off guard your screwed. If shadowstep is down your screwed. If you encounter a good zerg before you can stealth your screwed.

We have squishy class here with low stats and an OP mechanic that’s UP everywhere else. As much as I dislike the trolling of thief nerf stealth too much and you kill the class.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in WvW

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

Thieves are broken, they deserve to be nerfed. No one can kill a proper thief, no one.

in WvW

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

All the hate aside play a thief and you’ll understand that there are drawbacks to the class. If you do get caught off guard your screwed. If shadowstep is down your screwed. If you encounter a good zerg before you can stealth your screwed.

If you get caught and your escapes are down, ofc you’re going down. You still can aoe blind or stealth and troll restealth whit CnD or D/P, port whit SB, and wait for some utility up. But if you get caught that means that your awareness is still very very poor, or a full zerg just wants to gank you.
Infiltrator’s strike has also a broken range since forever, you can port back from any range, even after switch weapons.
That’s the main problem I think, they can reset fights forever. Rogues in wow for example have vanish (2 min cd) and preparation (5min). If they mess up their initiation, they have to blow a big cd to reset.

in WvW

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

Rogues in wow for example have vanish (2 min cd) and preparation (5min). If they mess up their initiation, they have to blow a big cd to reset.

This is joke ? Rogue in WoW has 10x better stealth and control.

Cheap shot(4sec stun)—> Mutilate—>Mutilate—>Kdiney shot (6sec stun on this combo only 3 beacose DR)—>Mutilate—>Mutilate—>Blind(disoriented 10sec)—>8 sec latter out of combat—>restealth and this combo again and again

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Rogues in wow for example have vanish (2 min cd) and preparation (5min). If they mess up their initiation, they have to blow a big cd to reset.

This is joke ? Rogue in WoW has 10x better stealth and control.

Cheap shot(4sec stun)—> Mutilate—>Mutilate—>Kdiney shot (6sec stun on this combo only 3 beacose DR)—>Mutilate—>Mutilate—>Blind(disoriented 10sec)—>8 sec latter out of combat—>restealth and this combo again and again

I found rogues in warcraft a hell of a lot more balanced then thieves in this game, knowing even when on my undergeared Foolkin, even easier on my main (fire mage) I could handle them. Sure stun locks could be a pain, but if trinkets were off of cd, life was a breeze except against the extremely/1% really good ones that I regularly used to duel.

Any muppet can pick up a thief & do some stuff that really shouldn``t be in this game (or any that is hoping to be an esportlol).
I know, because I`ve got one

P.S. Inc infraction for me once again mentioning another game on the market ;p

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

P.S. Inc infraction for me once again mentioning another game on the market ;p

You get infraction for that? Other games are mentioned all over the forums, and I don’t see them removed from the threads. As long as its not an advertisment, but a comparison I don’t think you get in trouble for that. Which is great cause the MMO I played before didn’t even allow so much.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

What I don’t think people realize here:

1 thief doing this = annoying.

5 thieves doing this = broken.

That is the reality, it’s not being properly taken advantage of. If those 5 thieves intentionally targeted the few classes that could interfere with them one at a time, the rest would be easy pickins. 1 thief gets downed? He gets stealth from self/friend then teleports to the side and the others spike the guy they were targetting while everyone is distracted. What, rally, no way!.

5 thieves could easily take on that many people and get kills safely if built right. Not much the people could do about it honestly.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

What I don’t think people realize here:

1 thief doing this = annoying.

That is the reality, it’s not being properly taken advantage of. If those 5 thieves intentionally targeted the few classes that could interfere with them one at a time, the rest would be easy pickins. 1 thief gets downed? He gets stealth from self/friend then teleports to the side and the others spike the guy they were targetting while everyone is distracted. What, rally, no way!.

5 thieves could easily take on that many people and get kills safely if built right. Not much the people could do about it honestly.

I 100% agree with you here. 1 thief is SUPER annoying, but 2 or more just gets to be a slaughterhouse of invisible blades. PLEASE do this with a group of thief friends you might have, show proof of how broken it is, and make other people abuse it to the point that stealth will finally have to be addressed. Sometimes it has to get worse before it can get better.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Any decent group of 5 could take on the people in that video. In a well skilled 5v5 you wouldn’t win with just a team of thieves though…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

Any decent group of 5 could take on the people in that video. In a well skilled 5v5 you wouldn’t win with just a team of thieves though…

In sPVP no, in WvW yes. Basically unless the thieves misplay really badly the most you will ever kill is 2. Really for them to lose 1 requires them to misplay. WvW isn’t sPVP that forces you to play in a certain way. Open field combat serves only the thieves side.

Whether or not the 5 skilled people would kill that group depends alot on group composition and how good the players are vs things they cannot see. Alot of people do not understand how to counter thieves as they are the 1 class you have to play to understand how to counter.

Actually according to Anet in a recent video the counter to a good thief is “move on” lol. Acknowledging that a good thief can tie up countless players for long periods of time and you were not going to kill them.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Using Cloak and Dagger is really difficult, okay?

It is, and backstab all the more.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

So many noobs in this thread. Seriously learn to count to 4 and no more c&d chaining. D;
I think it’s entirely fine that a good thief can give something to think for all these zombies running in zergs. In that particular video they seem a lot dumber than AI.

It’s not that simple. The reason it works is that those idiots in the video don’t know what’s going on. If you try to do this against a guild group you are dead in 1 second.

Please, the group will just blob and spam aoe.

Any muppet can pick up a thief & do some stuff that really shouldn``t be in this game (or any that is hoping to be an esportlol).

WvW has never meant to be very balanced, let alone esport.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

So many noobs in this thread. Seriously learn to count to 4 and no more c&d chaining. D;
I think it’s entirely fine that a good thief can give something to think for all these zombies running in zergs. In that particular video they seem a lot dumber than AI.

It’s not that simple. The reason it works is that those idiots in the video don’t know what’s going on. If you try to do this against a guild group you are dead in 1 second.

If the thief is dead in 1 second they are glass cannon and don’t know what they are doing. We have moves you can preemptively use that removes conditions, break stuns, AND teleport us a long distance after all.

Please, the group will just blob and spam aoe.

So to counter 5 thieves 15 or more people are supposed to circle wagons, huddle in fear, and spam AOE’s on themselves? LOL how could you even think this is a defense of thieves instead of an indicator there is a problem? Especially since you could still hit them through this safely.

WvW has never meant to be very balanced, let alone esport.

They changed their mind on that. For proof see any of the WvW nerfs and the video admissions that they will be having 3 rulests of balance now.

in WvW

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

You’d also be in favor, then, of reverting the confusion and retaliation change so that I can continue to ‘give thieves something to think’ before they kill themselves by attacking me, right?

I do miss that… but thieves and warriors got their way with that ‘issue.’

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread is not inviting to constructive and healthy discussion, it is now closed.

Thank you.