[Video] Thief PvP, Yippie Kye Yay 8 & 9

in WvW

Posted by: Slic.2406

Slic.2406

(vid 9 might still be processing – if so, it should be up in 1-2hrs)

Ever wondered who’d be crazy enough to craft The Quip and then actually use it in PvP? Ever wondered if it’s possible to go Rambo in WvW? Ever ponder the meaning of life?

Well, these vids might not answer all your questions, but have a look just in case!

Str8 clownin’ since launch. As a bonus, the end of video 8 includes a thorough, academic response to all the haters – be sure to watch it!

in WvW

Slic.2406

EDIT: vid 9 is now up as well.

EDIT EDIT: For vid 8, those of you who are Korean will probably appreciate the last song choice. It’s been stuck in my head for so kitten long that I even looked up the english/russian translations for its lyrics. Great melody, great lyrics!

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Brain imba.
Nerf pls, anet.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

I like the vids. I don’t get how you get along without Shadowstep though. How do you prevent getting blow’d up by B-Venom or KD+hundud burrds out of nowhere? Especially when fighting outnumbered the roots, knockdowns are just all over the place. Evade I know but eventually I always need a stun break. Also for catching d/d ele or warrior runners.

in WvW

Slic.2406

If there’s several enemies and I’m alone, the odds are usually very, very stacked. I’ve found that if they predict me at all, 1 stunbreak won’t save me. In these kinds of fubar scenarios, I prefer to chance it and bring other stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

If there’s several enemies and I’m alone, the odds are usually very, very stacked. I’ve found that if they predict me at all, 1 stunbreak won’t save me. In these kinds of fubar scenarios, I prefer to chance it and bring other stuff.

Makes sense. I was thinking that looking at the utilities you choose. Sort of a stand your ground sepc where you either win or die trying. I personally go with Shadowstep and SR, probably not as effective per fight but allows me to mess with bigger zergs which really is pointless but I find it fun.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I love watching these. Keep ‘em coming! The Quip sound effects are a nice touch… so friggin’ obnoxious.

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

this guy i respect as a thief, doesn’t use the cheap spam tactics.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

On the youtube you state

“On that note, I do not vastly out-level/out-gear my opponents, because that is simply impossible to do; upon entering PvP zones, every player is automatically raised to level 80, and in sPvP they gain access to all gear options.”

What about the culling/render advantage? Do you get that?

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

Just the fact that you’re holding a chicken at the beginning makes this vid worth watching!

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

Meh, another video of a thief “soloing WvW”…
If you want to show off your personal pvp skill vs worthy opponents, guess what – there’s whole sPvP thing going on around the corner

Not to mention that opponents who allow conditions to grow and prosper freely on them do not even fall into “warm up” category. It is more like gathering omnomberries. Or PvE at most.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in WvW

Posted by: NealCaffrey.6450

NealCaffrey.6450

After I watched for 5 minutes I didn’t know where I was anymore. That pistol sound is mind boggling. Legendary? Definitely. Ultimate troll weapon, right up there with getting killed by unicorns and rainbows I suppose.

Commander Rañger Dañger
Leader of Cryptic Gaze[iSpy]
Evermoor Alliance (iSpy, JAWA, WAR) – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

Just saw 9 was fun thanks! Man you make your enemies look so bad…I mean its one thing to win but you make them look like complete tools lol

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

your pretty much the reason i made my vemon build thief

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in WvW

Cempa.5619

Which runes/sigil do you use?

In WvW gear?

in WvW

Slic.2406

Cool 6 haters/ppl who died in vid 8 have watched it! Funny enough, it never changes on youtube – ppl who like comment WHY they like, but ppl who DON’T like and/or downrate never comment. Like they’re ashamed or scared or something. What are you scared of in online social media?

EDIT: 7 (ic u don like my message to u at teh very end of vid 8???)

Just saw 9 was fun thanks! Man you make your enemies look so bad…I mean its one thing to win but you make them look like complete tools lol

Heh, that’s because almost everyone IS a complete tool. They’re made of 100% social networking/friends/gear/looks.

I’m happy to say, with the Quip, I only look/sound like a tool in-game.

Which runes/sigil do you use?

In WvW gear?

Still using agony and corruption for combat, I haven’t found anything better. I use 50% endurance refill on swap on my running sets (d/d or sb).

(edited by Slic.2406)

in WvW

Cempa.5619

Armor is Carrion? Runes?

in WvW

Slic.2406

Armor is Carrion? Runes?

For all my vids, build link is always in the video description (hit the expand button).

in WvW

Cempa.5619

Build yes but it does not say which Exotic armor you are using or which runes you have inside that armor.

“Me, on my level 80 thief (using the legendary weapon Quip), always solo, always outnumbered, always surviving and always getting a ton of solo kills.

This video is of WvW versus mostly level 80 opponents from Sea of Sorrows, the new ‘Henge of Denravi’ (lots of organized, srs-bsns guilds once again all joined one server…).

This video is of both PvP modes of Guild Wars 2, a game notorious for continuing the PvP stat/gear normalization from its prequel.

On that note, I do not vastly out-level/out-gear my opponents, because that is simply impossible to do; upon entering PvP zones, every player is automatically raised to level 80, and in sPvP they gain access to all gear options.

Build (varies, not always exactly this one):
http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mckMzc0z0MMxvMMMxvMG0xG0mRosqcR

Music (in order of appearance):
Groove Addicts – Conviction
Groove Addicts – Drift (Extended Version)
The Dark Knight 2008 OST – Introduce A Little Anarchy
The Dark Knight 2008 OST – Like A Dog Chasing Cars
DJ DOC – I’m A Guy Like This

(The announcer voices (double kill, triple kill, dominating, etc.) are from the Unreal Tournament (1999) and Quake 3 Arena.)
(The clip at the end is from the infamous Doin’ Your Mom music video.)"

in WvW

Slic.2406

Yeah, sorry, looks like that site’s runes are broken.

I use 2 afflicted, 2 centaur, 2 krait (45% bleed duration). All gear is carrion prefix.

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

Its good stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

Good vids

I think I played Aion with you on newSiel…

Subtle (same name in aion as well – I was in BadWolf)

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Onur.5346

Onur.5346

Pretty good vids and yep, I remember both Subtle and Slic from Siel… ahhh r9h here

Onurx – Elementalist – Affinity [BADS]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Yaro.3251

Yeah, every such video looks really good (oh and btw that Quip sound… man, this probably induces tic and convulsions in your “returning encounters”).
But the thing is – while WvW is an easy way to have solo PvP fun and I don’t have anything against it, to brag about it and to make videos?.. I dunno.

You see, WvW is a game of numbers and tactics at scale without any qualification for participants. Two consequences of this would be:
1. There’s no way to predict personal pvp skill of random encounter. To the contrary, you may rely on it being mediocre most of the time.
2. Even if above is not the case, WvW (if you go there to affect server rating, score and income as part of raid) may require qute different skill- and statbuild. So those who come to WvW for what it is designed for may not be in a best position for 1v1 PvP.

I personally love 1v1 PvP encounters with those solo ninja thief types (or any class for that matter) on WvW with my raid-support-specced mesmer. Because it is often a real challenge and I don’t do sPvP that much.

It is a bummer hovever that you don’t have an optimal build or don’t have time to change utility skills and weapon to be ready for duel against thief.

Please keep that in mind while you are having fun soloing WvW and picturing all your opponents as tools.

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in WvW

Posted by: Daximus.8547

Daximus.8547

Yeah, every such video looks really good (oh and btw that Quip sound… man, this probably induces tic and convulsions in your “returning encounters”).
But the thing is – while WvW is an easy way to have solo PvP fun and I don’t have anything against it, to brag about it and to make videos?.. I dunno.

You see, WvW is a game of numbers and tactics at scale without any qualification for participants. Two consequences of this would be:
1. There’s no way to predict personal pvp skill of random encounter. To the contrary, you may rely on it being mediocre most of the time.
2. Even if above is not the case, WvW (if you go there to affect server rating, score and income as part of raid) may require qute different skill- and statbuild. So those who come to WvW for what it is designed for may not be in a best position for 1v1 PvP.

I personally love 1v1 PvP encounters with those solo ninja thief types (or any class for that matter) on WvW with my raid-support-specced mesmer. Because it is often a real challenge and I don’t do sPvP that much.

It is a bummer hovever that you don’t have an optimal build or don’t have time to change utility skills and weapon to be ready for duel against thief.

Please keep that in mind while you are having fun soloing WvW and picturing all your opponents as tools.

Part of WvW is picking off reinforcements as they try to make it to the zerg, picking off those who are on supply runs, and those who are taking out your servers yaks. Just because someone doesn’t follow a zerg or get into a group does not mean they are not helping out the server with the battle. If he takes out even 4-5 people on their way to join the other battles that is more than a lot of people who are just rolling with the zerg.

in WvW

Yaro.3251

Yeah, that’s perfectly fine, my point wasn’t about validity of ninja tactic. It was about depicting it as personal achievement in PvP.

in WvW

Slic.2406

For the zillionth time, repeating the 3 purposes of a Yippie Kye Yay vid:
1) Entertainment
2) Humor/laughter
3) Showing ways to effectively PvP (in this case, it means KILLING PLAYERS, not killing npcs or taking imaginary objective points)

Don’t knock it till you try it, as they say. Don’t confuse disliking ME with disliking my videos. Some ppl ignore the chaos and action in my videos and only try to point out how good/bad the opponents are, or how supposedly-OP my build’s stealth is. I’d say these 3 purposes are lost on them, and that’s a pity.

I don’t know where you see the ‘bragging’ part. If I was bragging about something, I’d make certain that you’d know it. I’m not very subtle when I do brag.

I’m sure I have an ego (doesn’t everyone?), but that’s not the reason I’ve agreed to continue to make/upload vids. If I didn’t get so many requests for more vids after like the 5th vid, I probably wouldn’t have continued playing until the Feb update.

(edited by Slic.2406)

in WvW

Posted by: ryodanspider.4180

ryodanspider.4180

This guy. Always impressive stuff. Like the fact that since aion you can use stealth class properly and even more impress that you are not running the same build as every other thief out there.

in WvW

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

Stealth builds are great for beginners…. It’s a confidence boost when u need it…allows u time to think instead of react…gives u the luxury of recovering from mistakes… And most importantly, promotes an avenue for disengagement for those who take dieing personally.

The pistol is a cute touch

in WvW

Slic.2406

Stealth builds are great for beginners…. It’s a confidence boost when u need it…allows u time to think instead of react…gives u the luxury of recovering from mistakes… And most importantly, promotes an avenue for disengagement for those who take dieing personally.

Well, since you want to take it to a scientific/philosophical level.

More like. Human males rely on eyesight too much, and ‘stealth’ in games like this punishes that weakness/habit.

So it’s not that ‘stealth’ is great FOR beginners, it’s great for PUNISHING beginners, unless those beginners aren’t overly reliant on eyesight. And since the overwhelming majority of the gamer demographic is males, most do rely too much on eyesight alone – males are biologically very visual-oriented creatures.

And trust me when I say this, this isn’t speculation or opinion. Human males are visual-oriented, human females are much less so (they rely on other senses more and their more primitive thought patterns ARE inherently different from males). But I will not get into the details of this here, PM me if you wish to continue down this line.

(edited by Slic.2406)

in WvW

Efface.8460

More like. Human males rely on eyesight too much, and ‘stealth’ in games like this punishes that weakness/habit.

So it’s not that ‘stealth’ is great FOR beginners, it’s great for PUNISHING beginners, unless those beginners aren’t overly reliant on eyesight. And since the overwhelming majority of the gamer demographic is males, most do rely too much on eyesight alone – males are biologically very visual-oriented creatures.

And trust me when I say this, this isn’t speculation or opinion. Human males are visual-oriented, human females are much less so (they rely on other senses more and their more primitive thought patterns ARE inherently different from males). But I will not get into the details of this here, PM me if you wish to continue down this line.

Honey pls….your even more terrible at trolling…Keep on “punishing” brother

in WvW

Slic.2406

I didn’t say that that’s why I personally play stealth classes. I just corrected you. Stealth isn’t FOR beginners, as much as it is for punishing beginners for a very common, chronic, biologically-rooted habit. This is also the very thing that has given stealth classes a long, long history of copious compaints/nerfs in every MMO.

If you’d like to know why I personally enjoy stealth classes, that’s also off-topic, but it revolves around laughter being good for my health (my doc says so!). And, to quote Shakespeare, “comedy is tragedy”.

I’m sorry, common sense should dictate that this whole response I’ve taken SOME thought into typing is obviously not a troll, because it lacks any sort of intentional humor.

(edited by Slic.2406)

in WvW

Efface.8460

I didn’t say that that’s why I personally play stealth classes. I just corrected you. Stealth isn’t FOR beginners, as much as it is for punishing beginners for a very common, chronic, biologically-rooted habit. This is also the very thing that has given stealth classes a long, long history of copious compaints/nerfs in every MMO.

If you’d like to know why I personally enjoy stealth classes, that’s also off-topic, but it revolves around laughter being good for my health (my doc says so!). And, to quote Shakespeare, “comedy is tragedy”.

I’m sorry, common sense should dictate that this whole response I’ve taken SOME thought into typing is obviously not a troll, because it lacks any sort of intentional humor.

My bad….I’ll correct myself….Keep on “punishing” and “laughing” about it, brother

Peace out, cubscout

(edited by Efface.8460)

in WvW

Slic.2406

My bad….I’ll correct myself….Keep on “punishing” and “laughing” about it, brother

Ok, so it’s now obvious that this is not purely scientific/rational with you, mayhap you have some unknown grudges/preconceptions/stereotypes of stealthers in general? Perhaps too many kids that wanted to be an ‘uber-ultra-cool-dagger-assassin’ have grated your sensitive ears with their naivete?

If that’s the case, refer to the very end of vid 8 for a rather final and succinct remark on any non-scientific/irrational matter you may have.

in WvW

Efface.8460

Ok, so it’s now obvious that this is not purely scientific/rational with you, mayhap you have some unknown grudges/preconceptions/stereotypes of stealthers in general? Perhaps too many kids that wanted to be an ‘uber-ultra-cool-dagger-assassin’ have grated your sensitive ears with their naivete?

If that’s the case, refer to the very end of vid 8 for a rather final and succinct remark on any non-scientific/irrational matter you may have.

Wow, you talk a lot…and if your frapsing this, i just wanna say: "Hi Mom! Your Christmas present is gonna be late again this year…Sorry about that :-( "

in WvW

Posted by: Ashlov.3819

Ashlov.3819

Every time this cat gets downed, he Alt-F4s. And I don’t mean once in a while. I’m talking ever single time he gets downed or realizes he’s going to get downed.

Chuck Chuck Bobuck – Dwarec Mercs [DM] – NA Guild on Sanctum of Rall
http://www.dwarecmercs.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DARC_rwUQ

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Every time this cat gets downed, he Alt-F4s. And I don’t mean once in a while. I’m talking ever single time he gets downed or realizes he’s going to get downed.

That’s fairly common with people who play stealth classes since the reason they are playing a stealth class to begin with is to avoid dying. However, you really need to bring some video footage if you are going to make that charge against an individual.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Ashlov.3819

Ashlov.3819

That’s fairly common with people who play stealth classes since the reason they are playing a stealth class to begin with is to avoid dying. However, you really need to bring some video footage if you are going to make that charge against an individual.

It’s a topic of mockery on /map and /team chat, so honestly, not worth effort. Not like it’s going to change anything anyhow. He can take his ball go home repeatedly, I have plenty of badges.

Chuck Chuck Bobuck – Dwarec Mercs [DM] – NA Guild on Sanctum of Rall
http://www.dwarecmercs.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DARC_rwUQ

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

this is true, stealth is great for beginners, you can even see it in the video (not saying the OP is a beginner) but it allows you time to reposition yourself/time to think since you can’t be targetted, and since you are using ranged melee have to close the gap even though you’re moving faster than them. The can’t use a gap closer since you’re stealthed.

When you stealth people are just standing there waiting for you to appear and due to the lovely nature of culling you would normally get in a few cheap shots before even being targetable.

in WvW

Slic.2406

Wow, you talk a lot…and if your frapsing this, i just wanna say: "Hi Mom! Your Christmas present is gonna be late again this year…Sorry about that :-( "

Hit teh nail on teh head din’t I.

this is true, stealth is great for beginners, you can even see it in the video (not saying the OP is a beginner) but it allows you time to reposition yourself/time to think since you can’t be targetted, and since you are using ranged melee have to close the gap even though you’re moving faster than them. The can’t use a gap closer since you’re stealthed.

When you stealth people are just standing there waiting for you to appear and due to the lovely nature of culling you would normally get in a few cheap shots before even being targetable.

Yeah, I don’t recommend “just standing there”… Again, not necessarily good FOR beginners. Just good at taking advantage of a common, chronic and biologically-induced habit of ‘beginners’. But, I’d say pretty much everyone has this ‘bad habit’, not just ‘beginners’ – it takes some willpower and insight to break the habit.

in WvW

Yaro.3251

It’s not the habit, it’s just one of two channels of information available during combat in a video game – video and sound. Everything else is a product of experience. To quickly get a grasp of opponents’ build major characteristics, to predict his actions and act accordingly.

in WvW

Slic.2406

It’s not the habit, it’s just one of two channels of information available during combat in a video game – video and sound. Everything else is a product of experience. To quickly get a grasp of opponents’ build major characteristics, to predict his actions and act accordingly.

I know this is going to blow your mind, but you don’t need to CONSTANTLY see your opponent to know where they are (or where they should be, if they are to continue to be a threat). I don’t know how many times I have to repeat this for others, frankly I’m beginning to think you don’t believe me enough to even try to change yourselves.

And it’s not experience that lets you just read someone else’s patterns from partial clues/observations, that’s something you CANNOT just learn with time. That is all on you, your natural talent and quick thinking and your ability to have what I call ‘battle calm’.

I don’t know how much more clearly I can put this, because when crap hits the fan, there are those that are rabbits and those that are tigers.

EDIT: Purposely seeking out crap-hit-the-fan situations is a good way to help yourself. Maybe if any of you do that enough, you will begin to understand what I mean about fighting with your mind.

(edited by Slic.2406)

in WvW

Efface.8460

I know this is going to blow your mind, but you don’t need to CONSTANTLY see your opponent to know where they are (or where they should be, if they are to continue to be a threat). I don’t know how many times I have to repeat this for others, frankly I’m beginning to think you don’t believe me enough to even try to change yourselves.

And it’s not experience that lets you just read someone else’s patterns from partial clues/observations, that’s something you CANNOT just learn with time. That is all on you, your natural talent and quick thinking and your ability to have what I call ‘battle calm’.

I don’t know how much more clearly I can put this, because when crap hits the fan, there are those that are rabbits and those that are tigers.

EDIT: Purposely seeking out crap-hit-the-fan situations is a good way to help yourself. Maybe if any of you do that enough, you will begin to understand what I mean about fighting with your mind.

Here you go again, trying to act like you know what your talking about….Your a great ninja blind samurai warrior, and all your victims are just pvp pups that need some hard learned lessons….pls

Your mentality is easily profiled by your posts and apparent reputation.

You are seduced to this playstyle, as are many regrettably, because the class can carry you…

You know full well of the rendering issues inherent to stealth, and how they haven’t fixed it in wvw yet, yet all the videos I see are in wvw.. (I may be wrong, I haven’t watched your whole series)

You know full well that along with that advantage, retargetting you takes additional time, time you don’t have to waste on most classes, and you capitalize on that with the thief elite. (as do many)..need I even mention the loss/redirection of local fauna and npc aggro?

If you misplace your Zatoichi judgement on other stealth classes, you have a stealth counter to fall back on and reset the encounter

CnD doesn’t even require you to leave your current target to trigger (at least from what I can see)

Healing while stealthed, condition removal while stealthed….pls hug it more

Your playing a behind the curve build, whether you wanna admit it or not….Do your server a favor and scout enemy zerg positions or something useful, and stop trying to showboat something that like 500 other thieves can’t do in their sleep

I mean do you really even have to have your monitor turned on to play a stealth thief?

(edited by Efface.8460)

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

I greatly encourage everyone to check out the thief forum version of this thread. It’s very illuminating.

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

It’s obvious that you have some skill, even though you are fighting REALLY bad people. But your attitude and messages used in the video just make me scoff and move on.

Not very mature. And if it’s true what people say about Alt+F4 … that’s kind of sad.

Hope you take it as constructive criticism and improve the product for the next time.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

Not very mature. And if it’s true what people say about Alt+F4 … that’s kind of sad.

No no, you’ve got this all wrong… if Slick goes down, it’s only because he was ‘zerged’ and zerging is bad. Therefore by alt-f4ing he’s discouraging the behaviour and changing wvw for the betterment of all. There is no ego in this. It’s pure selflessness.

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I don’t think slic has ever lost a 1v1

in WvW

Posted by: WarEternal.9162

WarEternal.9162

Hi Slic, Love the vids – I’ve been watching them for quite some time actually.

The vids show how great GW2 really is – its easy to play but difficult to master. This means there is room for skill and strategy.

They show a really important problem that the GW community has. The fact that a LOT of players are terrible. MOST players are terrible in my experience. The vids highlight the difference between good and bad – which is why i think there is so much hate against it. It’s easier to spew venom than it is to look in a mirror and take responsibility yourself. (I myself am always trying to learn more and get better)

The sad think is, the “bad” players are missing out on a great game. (I have the feeling that many people who have grown “bored” of GW fall into this category.) Most don’t even seem aware of the depth of the PVP aspects of this game.

I wish people should just roll a few new characters and take them out in sPVP and learn to play a few builds. The poeple I see in sPVP are definitely better than average. It’s a great place to learn and improve (with the right attitude). Go LEARN about the mechanics in the game (stealth, stability, stuns, conditions, stun breakers, condition removal, etc). Then learn about counters, etc.

I think doing this would give people an appreciate for when they see PVP done WELL.
It seems many people in this thread don’t fully appreciate what they are watching in these videos. Go watch vid #5 (@ ~6-8min part), for example. How many fireballs or arrows are dodged by just side-stepping (not even evading). Sometimes 3-4 in a row. Most people would simply tank all that damage. How many bursts were avoided with a dodge at the right time during these vids. These are skills that take experience to learn. This is skill, it is not an OP build/stealth mechanic abuse, or anything else.

I have played this build in sPVP. It is really fun, and it does take finesse – that is sure. I encourage anyone to try it, it is far from button mashing build.

BTW: I find it funny how Efface makes fun of you for an inferior build (“behind the curve”), and then says you’re relying on the strengths of your build, and anyone could play it (“monitor turned off”?). Contradict much? He can’t have it both ways.

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Thief videos can sometimes be entertaining it’s just your attitude that rubs people the wrong way.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Yaro.3251

I know this is going to blow your mind, but you don’t need to CONSTANTLY see your opponent to know where they are (or where they should be, if they are to continue to be a threat).

Did I say anything to the contrary?

I don’t know how many times I have to repeat this for others, frankly I’m beginning to think you don’t believe me enough to even try to change yourselves.

Bingo! Finally you’ve used basic logic to come to enlightening discovery: There’s atleast TWO options – either people do not understand what you are talking about or they just do not agree with you.

That’s exactly experience. Well, it may be either that or natural talent. “Battle calm” IS mostly product of experience.