Want the old maps back?[186 Signs]

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

No, do not want them right now. No offense but the WvW crowd apparently hates change and 3 years of Alpine was enough, I love the change and have had great fights in the new borderlands but the only problem with them is the fact that more people would rather avoid them than try and learn them, moving around the new maps is not bad once you’ve learned your way around a little.

Not for all of us that have huge lags on the new maps(and I dont have any lag on EB)

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

oh, i and many others have learned the maps just fine, we simply just do not think they are ideal for the type of game-mode for which they are used.
WvW crowd likes change, it would be nice to change opponents when stuck in a tier, it would have been nice to have added a few variations to the old map but not change the strategic value and make it virtually worthless.
If you think wvw people hate most of the recent changes, then yes, you are correct. But there are obvious reasons for this and ANET does not see that, thus everyone has become unhopeful and salty. How can you blame them.
The call for the old maps back is just the simpler alternative because the community feels that ANET will be incapable of adjusting the new maps enough to make them tolerable and forget about the bad taste they left.
If you feel those that want the old maps back are the minority, how many good fights are you gonna get when it is you vs all that like the new maps?

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

No, do not want them right now. No offense but the WvW crowd apparently hates change and 3 years of Alpine was enough, I love the change and have had great fights in the new borderlands but the only problem with them is the fact that more people would rather avoid them than try and learn them, moving around the new maps is not bad once you’ve learned your way around a little.

Not for all of us that have huge lags on the new maps(and I dont have any lag on EB)

You do realize the maps are coming back right?

Pretty sure they will make a “snow” map and revamp alpine and EB some, then bring them all back together. So 3 individual unique maps and EB…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

the WvW crowd apparently hates change

If this were the case then we’d never have asked for the plethora of changes to make the game playable. And just when I thought the game was getting to that point the new maps came and now I’m back to square 1! No I’m not dissing change, but change for the worse, that’s what I don’t like.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I’m up for a return of the old borderland map now. The desert borderland has some fun ideas and beautiful vistas, but it lacks the pacing of the original Alpine Borderland.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I hope they remake the desert maps, they are just not good at all.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

+10000000000000000000

in WvW

Akkeros.1675

I hope they remake the desert maps, they are just not good at all.

<sjs keydown (LEFT_KEY, function (]{
player.face.desert borderland
<sjs keydown (ENTER_Key, function(]{
destroy.desert borderland

just kill it, select all, backspace, delete, save changes: yes
p.s. i have no idea about code so please no criticism on my lil joke

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Its not a question of learning them. That was easy.

The issue is that IT IS NOT FUN!

It seems pretty clear from the feedback, the kills/deaths by map shows lots of people feel the same way.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: RoyalCrysis.1065

RoyalCrysis.1065

I would just like a rotation of the bl maps, would keep things fresh and be a relatively quick short term solution to help bolster wvw numbers.

I heard that maybe incorporating the new map would be tough because of old code or something, but the benefits to wvw would outweigh the cost imo

Zoren – BG – GoF

in WvW

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

I want the old ones back. I also want them to get rid of the stupid ideas that are stopping them from making the current maps functional. The waypoints being the biggest annoyances. Because of the state of the desert BLs it scares me that even if they do bring back the old maps that they will end up screwing those up because of a new vision they want to incorporate. I’m not saying I want WvW to sit stagnant though. We all know that there are somethings that need to be done but what I see is them doing is the complete opposite of what people are asking for. Its like someone with a big ego gets an idea and even though its in direct conflict with what WvW players want(less PVE for instance) that person with the big ego thinks its cool so it gets pushed through anyways. This I see as one of the biggest issues with the entire game. They keep adding things they personally think is cool and not what the actual community wants.

But yeah, bring back the old Alpine BLs exactly as they were.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I want the old game back, not the old borderlands.

I want to heal and use utilities in mist form again, I want to have points to spend in 5 trait lines that affect my stats, I wanna Ride the Lightning across EBG with the skill on a 12 second cooldown like it used to be, I want Meteornado back, I want SAB back…
There are so much things in this game that got removed, including the concept of build variety.

in WvW

Posted by: TOMMY skillfiger.5827

TOMMY skillfiger.5827

Yes. its not funny to play wvw anymore they could just change the visual style of castles etc to bring fresh air in wvw if they wanted to change it at all but with this new borderland its too much for me … also i hate desert i love to fight in places like it was before the new borderland make me feel sad so no reason to play this game at all(atleast wvw) ,the map is too big to bring great fights like old days but its not the only problem they ruined pvp too. im going to quit gw2 but the problem is i cant find something better i love gw2 playstyle /casual friendly so maybe its time to stop play games at all :p.

in WvW

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

I don’t want them . New maps are aesthetically much better and they could give really interesting meccanics. The real problem is the law wvw population . I think that when they will reorganize servers, new map well be really fun . The problem is that we have too many servers now , not the maps .

in WvW

Akkeros.1675

Just changing tower skins or slight changes in tower/keep wall setup every few months would have kept it fresh for new siege placement, new ways to attack and defend but they went frikkin crazy and really just killed it (not in a good way).

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Do you want the old maps back?

No thanks. :¬)

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: interloper.6892

interloper.6892

“no thanks” – why not?

the new BL map is unplayable. Most players hate it and refuse to play it.

HoT and Deserted Borderland in particular has destroyed entire guilds, entire communities.

WvW population has collapsed… and you want to keep this?!

in WvW

Posted by: sydney.4901

sydney.4901

I support this, My guild only goes to the deserted Bl’s for guild missions and that a little to much for myself. They’re just to big, I don’t want to run around for 20 min to find a fight – die – then have to run for a solid 15 min to get back to that fight. I want fights not running around all the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

YES. I want Alpine back so I can finally play WvW again. I realize a lot of dev effort probably went into Desert, but it is not a good map at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

YES. I want Alpine back so I can finally play WvW again. I realize a lot of dev effort probably went into Desert, but it is not a good map at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

I would sign in blood a petition to have old maps back.

Could we also add an animation sequence for the return of Alpine Borderlands that shows the Desert Bordelands being destroyed by a Glacial Storm and then, after the whole epic destruction of the map, the Alpine Bordeland resurfaces?

For good measure:

Yes I want the old WvW maps back

(edited by Azel.4786)

in WvW

Posted by: BlueBoy.1236

BlueBoy.1236

I really really really really doubt old wvw maps will bring back ppl to play wvw

in WvW

Akkeros.1675

i bet a buffalo nickel it will bring more than there is now

and every single day that goes by with new maps = more frustration, more attrition, and more players feeling jaded.

But, i do agree, the damage may be irreversible regardless of what they do now, people will have just moved on.

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

Don’t get me wrong. I want new maps, but not these new maps. They’re one gigantic maze. I HATE coming in to the map and having to catch up to the main group, it’s easily a 10-15 minute run and that’s if I don’t get wrecked by roamers.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

in WvW

Posted by: Rupture.7683

Rupture.7683

Yes I want the old maps back.

New maps have keeps with terrible line of sight and are so large defending is almost pointless.

in WvW

Posted by: Peura.3796

Peura.3796

Yes please. After a month of break from WvW i desided to jump to desert borderland. Still as confusing as it was when it was released and the stupid PvE event just screwed everyone up and people including me died on the lag.. Just, please get rid of this. I dont want this to WvW. Do some intelligent tweaking on the old maps and bring them back, but keep the PvE system out of it. It causes nothing but anger and trouble and that leaves EB queued around 50’s-80’s and desert borderlands, well… deserted.

Also i rarely if at all comment in the forums and this is serious concern for me and many other atm. I have slight hope that the developers will finally try to listen to reason and stop this madness. If you want people to play and spend money on your game, do it for the people and listen what people want and dont want. Happy customer is a returning customer.

in WvW

erKo.9586

List have been updated.

For you guys that say “its to late, the damage is already done”

Its never to late! And of course people would return if they take back the old maps, we all MISS IT SO MUCH, just be able to run to hills again and look out for enemies.. kitten i miss that. The list in this thread is growing, we can just hope that anet takes this serious. I have over 15 people that will return to wvw if the old maps return. Anet can make new skins on towers/lords etc but we want the old original maps – im not impossible -changes are good, but not these changes with desert borderlands.

in WvW

Posted by: Teej.9241

Teej.9241

Look at how one-sided the result of that strawpoll is. Just goes to show how ANET does not give one kitten about what the population wants. It’s really too bad.

Le

in WvW

Posted by: Floplag.4032

Floplag.4032

i do not necessarily want the old maps back, but i darned sure dont like the new ones.

whoever thought these overly huge 3d maze style maps worked in a pvp form of the game is nuts.

Not to mention wasting 20 minutes just to get too a fight only to get blobbed to death by 3-1 odds carrying dragon banners is really taking the fun out of the game mode for me.

In the old way i would enjoy doing it most nights, lately, i do it begrudgingly when i have to for the guild, not for me own enjoyment

in WvW

Posted by: LordAdre.8174

LordAdre.8174

Yes, I want the old map back.

because the old maps had way better spots to fight on, We havent enough peoples to handle 3 big maps, even for roaming, the old maps were way better, dont need to run an hour before meeting a guy to fight, so yea old maps were better, with better fight spot, I miss the dueling spot in middle ( above south camp ) I used to slack here, had nice fights ect. and last points, the verticality in desert maps are kittening me off. n_n

in WvW

Posted by: Sko.5048

Sko.5048

YES! Bring them back! I cannot stand the new maps. For so many reasons (see the many forum posts on the subject). Our roaming guild avoids them like the plague….it’s just too hard to find fights.

Bigbadsanta – Yes, the I’m that big norn thief in HOD that looks like Santa Claus.

in WvW

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

This is coming from someone that pumped a solid 500 hours into WvW when GW2 came out. I played so much that as a result i got the biggest burnout in my video game history. Didn’t touch the game for about 1.5-2 years. Guys… this game was awesome and I simply played too much of it.

Now, fast forward to today. I’ve been playing GW2 again for about 3 weeks or so. Addicted as can be and I predict a massive burnout again…. you know…. eventually.

WvW is really all I played in vanilla as I boycotted fractals and ascended at the time. Today, I’m focused on getting my legendary, an ascended set, and gold and so currently WvW is not on my list of things to do.

With that being said, I tried the new BL. It’s god awful. Not only is it a bit confusing but it takes forever to get somewhere. When I figured out how to get to some place the quickest way, I was blocked by a cliff or whatever the heck felt like blocking me. Forcing me to turn around.

Anet. I’m a loyal customer, your game is amazing and because I love this game, I feel like I need to sign this. Bring back the old BL maps – maybe look at what was so successful in the Alpine maps and compare them to the new BL’s. What’s the difference? Think critically and figure out why we don’t like it.

I’ll give you one of my gripes: It’s complicated – just like some parts of the HOT zones which were quite frustrating.

Signed: Exclamatory.8351

in WvW

Posted by: Caephire.5238

Caephire.5238

Honestly when they first gave a review of the new Desert Borderlands I automatically assumed it was to replace Eternal Battlegrounds due to its size. I was a bit disappointed to find out later on that that wasn’t the case. I liked the Alpine Borderlands, but it did need a refresh. I miss it, it was easily accessible. It’s been a few weeks now and our Commander’s still from time to time gets lost inside the Air Keep when trying to cap it. I wouldn’t say the Desert Borderland is bad, but it does prolong the process of capping things. I LOVE the new champion Lords though. Adds more diversity to the game and approach to capping.

Commander Foxblaze
Guild Leader: Zepheris Chronology [CHR]
Kaineng from Beginning to End

in WvW

erKo.9586

Honestly when they first gave a review of the new Desert Borderlands I automatically assumed it was to replace Eternal Battlegrounds due to its size. I was a bit disappointed to find out later on that that wasn’t the case. I liked the Alpine Borderlands, but it did need a refresh. I miss it, it was easily accessible. It’s been a few weeks now and our Commander’s still from time to time gets lost inside the Air Keep when trying to cap it. I wouldn’t say the Desert Borderland is bad, but it does prolong the process of capping things. I LOVE the new champion Lords though. Adds more diversity to the game and approach to capping.

I agree with ur last words, i would love to have the old maps with the new skins/lords etc… just dont like the new maps :E

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

This is coming from someone that pumped a solid 500 hours into WvW when GW2 came out. I played so much that as a result i got the biggest burnout in my video game history. Didn’t touch the game for about 1.5-2 years. Guys… this game was awesome and I simply played too much of it.

Now, fast forward to today. I’ve been playing GW2 again for about 3 weeks or so. Addicted as can be and I predict a massive burnout again…. you know…. eventually.

WvW is really all I played in vanilla as I boycotted fractals and ascended at the time. Today, I’m focused on getting my legendary, an ascended set, and gold and so currently WvW is not on my list of things to do.

With that being said, I tried the new BL. It’s god awful. Not only is it a bit confusing but it takes forever to get somewhere. When I figured out how to get to some place the quickest way, I was blocked by a cliff or whatever the heck felt like blocking me. Forcing me to turn around.

Anet. I’m a loyal customer, your game is amazing and because I love this game, I feel like I need to sign this. Bring back the old BL maps – maybe look at what was so successful in the Alpine maps and compare them to the new BL’s. What’s the difference? Think critically and figure out why we don’t like it.

I’ll give you one of my gripes: It’s complicated – just like some parts of the HOT zones which were quite frustrating.

Signed: Exclamatory.8351

They really do need to take this one back to the drawing board and design maps that the primary focus of the map is to keep people engaged in fun,challenging , strategic PvP the entire time they are on the map. If that isn’t the primary focus of the map, it doesn’t belong in a PvP environment such as WvW. People should spend more time in the PvP action while playing on it than looking for it.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Yes I want the old WvW maps back.

I loved roaming in the old maps. New ones are dead and everything is so far apart…

in WvW

Posted by: xXBAKESXx.6731

xXBAKESXx.6731

Aye, add my name to the list

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I want the old game back, not the old borderlands.

I want to heal and use utilities in mist form again, I want to have points to spend in 5 trait lines that affect my stats, I wanna Ride the Lightning across EBG with the skill on a 12 second cooldown like it used to be, I want Meteornado back, I want SAB back…
There are so much things in this game that got removed, including the concept of build variety.

My Norns would like Snow Leopard’s Rush back too

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Even though I doubt they care about what we really want, you can add my name to the list.

I stream WvW game play nightly, you’ll rarely see me on one of the new maps because there are no enemies to fight there. It is boring, the maps are too big, there are far too many ledges and things that make the map incredibly hard to navigate and the PvE factor on those maps is just too much.

I miss the ruins, for the daily that brought people there and encouraged more small player fights. I miss the over all layout of the old maps, it wasn’t a huge maze with towers bigger than keeps and keeps bigger than castles. The new maps are just way too much. Kudos for the effort, but please just give us back the old maps that are more practical for WvW.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

I really really really really doubt old wvw maps will bring back ppl to play wvw

It would. It really, really would.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Posted by: Diederick.7906

Diederick.7906

Pls give us the old maps back.
Current maps are too big and nobody plays on them. Because of that there is a queue on EB every evening.

in WvW

Posted by: floude.5291

floude.5291

Hello. People have made alot of stuff to get Anets attention to bring the old maps back.

Me & my friends suggestion is that in this thread you comment:
Yes I want the old maps back. – if you want so.
I would also like you to write WHY you want them back.

When you do that I will copy your account name and put in this list. If you also want to discuss you can do that below your comment. I will only copy the account name if I see “Yes I want the old WvW maps back” in your comment. But ofcourse feel free to discuss because its an important question.
I want the old maps because they were smaller, more lifefull(I like the Grass/water/mountain) not the new maps with desert and fog.
I also liked the balance of the map better, than the new ones.

Yes we want the old WvW maps back:
erKo.9586
Straegen.2938
Skynet.7201
NiloyBardhan.9170
Deniara Devious.3948
joneirikb.7506
Blockhead Magee.3092
GROMIT.7829
RodOfDeath.5247
Gunner Morton.8340
Sirbeaumerdier.3740
Tonk.7342
esparta.7028
Zioba.6182
Argos Helios.4965
Drizzy.1268
Daemon Artresta.9471
Colly.4073
DeWolfe.2174
Belghar.3024
Offair.2563
Zantisgod.1453
Aaron.4807
Buy Some Apples.6390
rchu.8945
Akkeros.1675
StormageddonBK.9842
Aeolus.3615
Huddi.8297
Wetpaw.3487
headraver.4862
Brutelas.2903
DeceiverX.8361
Fizzee.1762
Shukriyya.7629
Hubal.8571
selan.8354
lil devils x.6071
aboahmad.9216
Raf.1078
MidoriMarch.8067
Sikhtar.6042
Joey.2769
Trepidation Lost.3469
style.6173
DontPaniC.8740
hedix.1986
Tspatula.9086
BlacK.4927
Hennet.1530
Dangus.6572
msalakka.4653
PriestBlack.4791
msalakka.4653
Dangus.6572
Maladon.5760
Lawrencii.1356
FOKOZUYNEN.8206
Simonoly.4352
Trepidation Lost.3469
Lobo Dela Noche.5127
TOMMY skillfiger.5827
sydney.4901
Gotejjeken.1267
Azel.4786
Rupture.7683
Peura.3796
BlueBoy.1236
Exclamatory.8351
Sko.5048
LordAdre.8174
cranos.5913
xXBAKESXx.6731

+1, when i encounter with an enemy in new borderlands i only use /wave on them and leave, remaining players are too precious and scarce in WWW.

in WvW

Posted by: donkey.1653

donkey.1653

No, I like the new maps.

in WvW

Posted by: mixxed.5862

mixxed.5862

Signed. Bring it back, with some new bosses and keep designs, please!

The old map was so much more fun, running around peacefully without an enemy soul to be found in that maze just isn’t the joy of wvw :/
and that abundance of chokepoints and verticality is hampering fights…
though I don’t think the new map is beyond saving. If they just scrapped that terrible waypoint system it’d be way more enjoyable already. Without the southern keeps’ waypoints open on your homeborder there’s no point in defending half of the map, so why give a kitten? Let’s karma train, and even for that the map is subpar!

(edited by mixxed.5862)

in WvW

Posted by: Pirate.6257

Pirate.6257

In one word: Yes!

I bought HoT, and I do enjoy the new specs!
But please please remove the kittening banners and new maps.

The only thing Anet could do to kitten WvW up more than it already is, would be to allow gliding. That would be the day I quit.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I want to vote again, x2.

If they brought back old maps, wow, I’d play to midnight again and still show up for my job at 6 am. I love the old maps

in WvW

Posted by: Volti.6904

Volti.6904

well lets give it another try…yes

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

No thank you, I like the new maps more.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: DaviDoff.1450

DaviDoff.1450

well lets give it another try…yes

yea me too lets give it try…

in WvW

Posted by: sirloin.9145

sirloin.9145

Yes, bring them back. Work on new ones that make roaming, gvg etc esey. No pve in wvw…. Just do it anet. And nerf speci, they shold be on par with old builds. Hot fail.