Want the old maps back?[186 Signs]

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

What I would like most is a rotation:

• 1 week EB+EotM map for WvW (no BLs)
  • 1 week old BLs only (no EB)
  • 1 week new BLs only (no EB)

Most server aren’t able to fill 4 maps anymore, only 2-3 maps would be better.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Peazomanco.7259

Peazomanco.7259

I want old maps style but in new BL.

in WvW

Posted by: Jereme.1840

Jereme.1840

Yes.. I find the new maps to be too much like EOTM.. If I wanted to do EOTM I’d go do EOTM..

in WvW

Posted by: Deemo.6094

Deemo.6094

YES x1Trillion

Persistence overcomes resistance. In the end, all things you work for can be yours, except in gw2.

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

List has been updated.

I also found this in another thread, it doesn’t hurt to sign this aswell:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/alpine/

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

Sure it does, it wastes one’s time. Unless you’re not aware that ANet isn’t going to give your petitions the “time of day”… … …

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

in WvW

sparc.3649

There’s one thing you have to know about running a game. That is, you CANNOT make EVERYONE happy. You accept what they do, or you move on – that SIMPLE.

For every person that putting these maps on has angered, I can almost guarantee that there’s one person that would get equally as ticked if they put back the same old boring maps (I know that at least I’m one of them). I don’t want those stinkin’ boring @$$ maps back. But I aint gonna start no petition if they do, cuz I’m well aware of the fact that ANet doesn’t work like that. As they shouldn’t – I fully support them doing whatever they want with THEIR game. if they do something I cannot tolerate, simple, I leave the game…

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

in WvW

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

I strongly support your cause.

Reason for me wanting the old alpine BLs back are:

- much more visually appealing (yeah, 100% personal taste but still…)
- smaller, thus feeling more intense
- smaller, thus having more actual fighting and less wandering around for hours without a single enemy in sight
- less gimmicky, more focused on actual WvW play

There are even more reasons, but I realized that those affect WvW in general (like auto-upgrades ’n stuff), so no reason to show them up in this thread (again).

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

in WvW

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

+1

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

7 pages of most people saying they want the old maps back, and no red post.

Yet Gaile jumps into the Top 5 Priorites thread within a day of it starting!

Pretty sure Anet’s top priority should be getting their priorities straight!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Look the old bl will not simply fit in the current wvw you will need to update the old maps to fit. So its not as simple as flipping a switch.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

There was a poll out there somewhere too… anyone remember the link?

Nvm found.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

There was a poll out there somewhere too… anyone remember the link?

Nvm found.

Most players wont sign off sight polls they have to give info to sign, and Anet will not accept them so they are pretty useless in the end. posting on gaming sites/ forums/ reddit ect will get their attention faster than the poll.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Look the old bl will not simply fit in the current wvw you will need to update the old maps to fit. So its not as simple as flipping a switch.

Ruining the alpine maps with the HoT stuff will not make players come back to the game, that will just kitten them off further. Players want them to REMOVE the Hot junk instead of put the HoT junk on them. Removing airships , fog, Banners, NPC garbage, crap coming out of the ground, Auto WP, ect is what players DO NOT WANT in EBG or Alpine.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

Oh yes, the old BL, without HoT crap… But the old BL with the HoT new stuff will be boring like hell…

in WvW

Posted by: Petez.2975

Petez.2975

Alpine Borderland Maps back please. I never minded the Skritt, Wolves and Centaurs therein.

in WvW

sparc.3649

It is not and SHOULD not be a priority to bring those CRAPPY BORING OLD maps back!

Just sayin’ – why would they make progress out of reversion… To revert (bring back old maps) would be a step BACKWARD, BAD idea!

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

It is not and SHOULD not be a priority to bring those CRAPPY BORING OLD maps back!

Just sayin’ – why would they make progress out of reversion… To revert (bring back old maps) would be a step BACKWARD, BAD idea!

Of course what the majority of WvW players want should be a priority. they should bring them back while they make actual PvP maps for WvW and Bin the DBL. If they actually properly solved the queues and population issues by having the population of all 3 servers in the match determine the number of maps in play at once, they would HAVE to scrap the DBLs along with the Alpine and design new maps based on EBG setup anyhow providing 3 equal regions on all BLS. The base design would have to be scrapped on both of those, however they can mod EBG and reskin it to create a variety of BLS that would work for the population based map design.
What would be a BAD idea would be to ignore what the majority of players want and continue to allow the game to bleed out the top.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Anatolian Turk.4057

Anatolian Turk.4057

+1 for Alpine map!!!

Honourable Guardian | Desolation
Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

in WvW

sparc.3649

Of course what the majority of WvW players want should be a priority. they should bring them back while they make actual PvP maps for WvW and Bin the DBL. If they actually properly solved the queues and population issues by having the population of all 3 servers in the match determine the number of maps in play at once, they would HAVE to scrap the DBLs along with the Alpine and design new maps based on EBG setup anyhow providing 3 equal regions on all BLS. The base design would have to be scrapped on both of those, however they can mod EBG and reskin it to create a variety of BLS that would work for the population based map design.
What would be a BAD idea would be to ignore what the majority of players want and continue to allow the game to bleed out the top.

What’s even more funny is you think that just because some forum warriors are indeed complaining about them that a “majority of players” dislike them.

I’ll twirl my finger in the air for you as I note the 172 “signs” here, and you and your guild and your friends, and even your dog (cuz I’m sure you’re counting him/her too)…

Funnily enough I’ve been finding and getting more and more people interested in these new maps. Also funnily enough, after I run people through them I almost always get the same response “wow these maps are actually pretty cool!”… That’s kind of funny.

So no, removing them isn’t the answer, not even if your “majority” “say so”. The answer is – get out there and play in them. Learn them. Teach them to other people.

The winds of change are here, and you can attempt to build a shelter, but that will turn out a waste in the end when your makeshift shelter is blown over by the gusts of wind! Instead, rather, you should be making a kite and taking advantage of these winds of change!

Oh well, unless you’re the “glass is half full” kinda guy/gal; you’re just going to continue to complain. If so, complain away – I’m gonna head off to enjoy the new BL’s

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Signed. I haven’t posted in months, I barely play the game anymore since they ruined WvW. They need to return the alpine map and the old upgrade system so roamers and defenders have something to do.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

What’s even more funny is you think that just because some forum warriors are indeed complaining about them that a “majority of players” dislike them.

I’ll twirl my finger in the air for you as I note the 172 “signs” here, and you and your guild and your friends, and even your dog (cuz I’m sure you’re counting him/her too)…

Funnily enough I’ve been finding and getting more and more people interested in these new maps. Also funnily enough, after I run people through them I almost always get the same response “wow these maps are actually pretty cool!”… That’s kind of funny.

So no, removing them isn’t the answer, not even if your “majority” “say so”. The answer is – get out there and play in them. Learn them. Teach them to other people.

The winds of change are here, and you can attempt to build a shelter, but that will turn out a waste in the end when your makeshift shelter is blown over by the gusts of wind! Instead, rather, you should be making a kite and taking advantage of these winds of change!

Oh well, unless you’re the “glass is half full” kinda guy/gal; you’re just going to continue to complain. If so, complain away – I’m gonna head off to enjoy the new BL’s

Yes, you and your two friends enjoy the DBL. While the thousands of players that are not playing due to them take their $ elsewhere because they want to actually PvP not PvD. One game’s loss is another games profit eh? You know, you don’t have to go to WvW to PvE since you like it so much. When they remove DBL, they can stick it in PvE for you to play as well and it would be no different experience for you than it already is. You wouldn’t even notice. XD

The few players signing this are not anywhere near the many who are not playing due to this. Many gave up on GW2 forums long ago and no longer come here since the devs do not even want to use them, and I would not ask anyone to use something the devs wont even use.

JQ was one of the most populated servers prior to HoT. In case you do not fully understand what that means, that means more players played on JQ than most of the servers below combined. There used to be ques in all time zones. Remember that when it becomes a ghost town because no one is playing eh? All of those players that were spending $ are no longer going to be here, they will still be spending their $, just not in this game. But I guess you are fine with every server becoming a ghost town.. you play on Anvil Rock LMAO. You think Anvil Rock has enough players to support paying for the work it takes to keep the game mode?

WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: TripleZ.4630

TripleZ.4630

Desert Borderlands literally feel like deserts in lower pop servers. Alpine maps felt more alive.

EDIT: Consider that as a sign.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Snip

Bla bla

Yes, you and your two friends enjoy the DBL.

I lol’d. A real stinger.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Snip

Bla bla

I lol’d. A real stinger.

ONLY if they can find each other. :P

in WvW

sparc.3649

Yes, you and your two friends enjoy the DBL. While the thousands of players that are not playing due to them take their $ elsewhere because they want to actually PvP not PvD. One game’s loss is another games profit eh? You know, you don’t have to go to WvW to PvE since you like it so much. When they remove DBL, they can stick it in PvE for you to play as well and it would be no different experience for you than it already is. You wouldn’t even notice. XD

The few players signing this are not anywhere near the many who are not playing due to this. Many gave up on GW2 forums long ago and no longer come here since the devs do not even want to use them, and I would not ask anyone to use something the devs wont even use.

JQ was one of the most populated servers prior to HoT. In case you do not fully understand what that means, that means more players played on JQ than most of the servers below combined. There used to be ques in all time zones. Remember that when it becomes a ghost town because no one is playing eh? All of those players that were spending $ are no longer going to be here, they will still be spending their $, just not in this game. But I guess you are fine with every server becoming a ghost town.. you play on Anvil Rock LMAO. You think Anvil Rock has enough players to support paying for the work it takes to keep the game mode?

LOLZ, certainly thanks for the lolz – seriously.

First off, yes, AR along with EVERY other server there is support the game enough, since PvE players support the game financially more than WvW players in the first place.

Second off, you act like T1 means ANYTHING to me. I had an alt account on T1 for quite a while, wait for it, JQ, and guess what. During the week, JQ or ANY T1 server, FRIGGIN DEAD – literally a GHOST TOWN. I literally saw a new mob called “tumbleweed” that I think they made just for T1 during the week! AR has (had?) more people during the week. Sad thing, it’s ALWAYS been this way as far back as I can recall! You act like being in T1 makes you some kind of expert (who am I kidding, you still think WVW players cash shop more than PVE players)…

Not to mention, I’ve already seen you ‘called out’. You talk about “boycotts” and how even JQ is dead now and well [img]http://coldwarradio.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/mp1.jpg[/img]

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

First off, yes, AR along with EVERY other server there is support the game enough, since PvE players support the game financially more than WvW players in the first place.

Second off, you act like T1 means ANYTHING to me. I had an alt account on T1 for quite a while, wait for it, JQ, and guess what. During the week, JQ or ANY T1 server, FRIGGIN DEAD – literally a GHOST TOWN. I literally saw a new mob called “tumbleweed” that I think they made just for T1 during the week! AR has (had?) more people during the week. Sad thing, it’s ALWAYS been this way as far back as I can recall! You act like being in T1 makes you some kind of expert (who am I kidding, you still think WVW players cash shop more than PVE players)…

Not to mention, I’ve already seen you ‘called out’. You talk about “boycotts” and how even JQ is dead now and well [img]http://coldwarradio.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/mp1.jpg[/img]

I have played on MANY servers, not just in T1. If AR is ever more populated than JQ the game is seriously broken. LMAO

“Called out”? Really? When? GL with that. Too funny.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Snip

Bla bla

I lol’d. A real stinger.

He said he and his 2 friends Rolled the entire DBL . PvD super heroes.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

sparc.3649

Snip

Bla bla

I lol’d. A real stinger.

He said he and his 2 friends Rolled the entire DBL . PvD super heroes.

Better than those who are too dumb and or lazy to go there! At least I did something other than QQ about how bad the new maps are. I PLAY on them. Rather be a PvDer than a Forum warrior…

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

(edited by sparc.3649)

in WvW

sparc.3649

I have played on MANY servers, not just in T1. If AR is ever more populated than JQ the game is seriously broken. LMAO

“Called out”? Really? When? GL with that. Too funny.

I’m not talking about now, I’m talking about how it’s always been. You’d have known that if you actually read… This dates back to 2012/2013. Yes, JQ and ALL of T1 was an absolute GHOST town during the week. The ONLY time they saw action was weekends, go figure, all the weekend warriors. So yes, it bored me to death so I put my alt account back to AR!

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

in WvW

Posted by: Luffy.3412

Luffy.3412

Bring back our old maps with water combat in middle, had so much fun what are these meaningless new maps so boring. i am only playing eb after they changed maps. listen to community for success dont make wrong decisions. This game attracted so many people only because of wvw and devs ruined it, with so many new mmos out there it wont be long for the downfall of this game with decisions like this

(edited by Luffy.3412)

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

+1 for bringing back alpine BL.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

*List has been updated.
*Got an email from a person that noticed 5 names that had been double-posted in the list – this is now fixed.
*Great info that Anet has removed the Oasis-event on the new maps, they are also thinking of ‘maybe’ change back to the old WvW-reset-friday. Its good stuff in the right direction – and ofcourse the old maps back if they listen to us

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: ChuckNorris.6703

ChuckNorris.6703

Why not make a separate place for the desert borderlands ANet? (TBH I thought they’d make the original and the new separate , sigh..)

Rin Akumu

in WvW

Posted by: Aeowia.7214

Aeowia.7214

Yes, want Alpine bordeland back, CLEAN from any HoT (though I preordered that and “happy” owner)

Never want to see the Desert Borderline ever, because:
1. navigation is like a puzzle, traps, verticality, long one way routes that takes up most of playtime with no action – except walking, jumping
2. full of ideeas fitting into PvE, such us environmental traps, jumping puzzles, difficult or impossible to flank – chokes on chokes all over, and so on – which contributes to a map versus player feeling, unacceptable on a map that should encourage competitive PvP
3. for a full list contact me, I feel it’s a waste of time giving feedback here on this – but nr.1 on my list is enough to not want to see these kind of maps ever again, and it’s not fixable – same like the EoTM map

Also want the Eternal Battlegrounds cleaned up from all that HoT PvE features:
- PvE guild upgrades like disneyland ships, banners, everything
- You can even take away good things like the protection aura around dolyaks when escorted because the bad things so much overwhelm the good parts that would be a relief to get rid of all HoT.

Want the old WvW back, the one before stability changes and power creep patches, new HoT class “balance” and all the HoT, everything.

Start over and this time test new things step by step, and look at reactions… and act based on results. I know it’s too late already, but maybe some future developer in a future game will read this…

[FV] Fearless Vanguard, The Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Anatolian Turk.4057

Anatolian Turk.4057

Yes, want Alpine bordeland back, CLEAN from any HoT (though I preordered that and “happy” owner)

Never want to see the Desert Borderline ever, because:
1. navigation is like a puzzle, traps, verticality, long one way routes that takes up most of playtime with no action – except walking, jumping
2. full of ideeas fitting into PvE, such us environmental traps, jumping puzzles, difficult or impossible to flank – chokes on chokes all over, and so on – which contributes to a map versus player feeling, unacceptable on a map that should encourage competitive PvP
3. for a full list contact me, I feel it’s a waste of time giving feedback here on this – but nr.1 on my list is enough to not want to see these kind of maps ever again, and it’s not fixable – same like the EoTM map

Also want the Eternal Battlegrounds cleaned up from all that HoT PvE features:
- PvE guild upgrades like disneyland ships, banners, everything
- You can even take away good things like the protection aura around dolyaks when escorted because the bad things so much overwhelm the good parts that would be a relief to get rid of all HoT.

Want the old WvW back, the one before stability changes and power creep patches, new HoT class “balance” and all the HoT, everything.

Start over and this time test new things step by step, and look at reactions… and act based on results. I know it’s too late already, but maybe some future developer in a future game will read this…

+1

I would go further back then stability change. i believe A-net should re-roll WvW back to its pre-release days, minus the culling.

Honourable Guardian | Desolation
Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

in WvW

Posted by: emma.5967

emma.5967

i’d like to see the old maps coming back, too

in WvW

Posted by: Nano.3706

Nano.3706

Yes!
/15character

in WvW

Posted by: Ogre.3124

Ogre.3124

Sign me up, breh

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Stilk.6312

Stilk.6312

I support the idea of this topic.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I already voted in favor of Alpine BLs so don’t count this again. I just want to add that the only HoT addition I want on the old map, is the sentry reveal. That’s it! No chilling fog, banners, air turrets and peek a boo rock walls. Don’t even think about adding stability ripping avalanches either =.=.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: TheBlueLight.1762

TheBlueLight.1762

I like the old maps back. For a few reasons. I like to be able to autorun sometimes, salvage stuff, eating something, or map reading while running towards a keep that needs to be saved. Without having to be busy all the time, to watch out for falling or whatever. I don’t wanna have to be full 100% focus all the time.

Yes great to be full focus in a fight, but not when running to a hills or bay. (old names i guess you get used to them) . I don’t mind some extra area touches that can create nice fight situations. But just not all over the map just more centered around a keep or camp. And not all over the place .

This is still a nice ascpect of ebg in my opinion. I can auto run map read and not having to worry i am falling down all the time. Just be laid back for 1-2 min before going into full focus mode again.

Sometimes KISS is really an nicer approach than some complicated area, where your too busy on running jumping and not having the feeling of any flow

So please return them, however some twist new chokes are welcome but don’t overdo it as i am sure less will actually create more good fights than more..

(edited by TheBlueLight.1762)

in WvW

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

Signing my name for the old maps! Bring back the Alpine Borderlands!

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

yes old borders back

Find it lame to run from top to bottom for 10-15 min to flip a camp..and get ganked when you finally reach it zzz
waste of my gamingtime

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

I want the alipine borderlands back to, and without the ruins.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: DocHoliday.9218

DocHoliday.9218

One small reply for the Alpine supporters, and one giant bump for the WvW community.

in WvW

Posted by: mindcrime.2019

mindcrime.2019

please bring the old borderlands back

in WvW

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

nn desert stuff. gimme my old bay back or riot

in WvW

sparc.3649

Go ahead and start your “riot”, you aint gettin those crappy old maps back!

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

in WvW

Posted by: DocHoliday.9218

DocHoliday.9218

Go ahead and start your “riot”, you aint gettin those crappy old maps back!

Well, to each his own. The old maps were infinitely better for fighting/defending. But, that’s just my opinion,