in WvW

Posted by: madpig.3615

madpig.3615

yes, i want alpine back. sign me up please

Want the old maps back?[186 Signs]

in WvW

Posted by: superpartiaa.1436

superpartiaa.1436

Yes pls bring back old borderlands and repurpose the new ones or make them rotate!

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

Feels completely pointless… But sure sign me up…

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Hello Mr anet, can you hear us?

in WvW

Posted by: Meadfreek.6789

Meadfreek.6789

Add me to the list. And most of my (small) guild left the game when they switched the Alpine maps for the Desert(ed) BL maps.

Too much PvE in WvW , unnecessary and annoying gimmicks, and you run for 15 minutes to find a fight and hope you don’t get steamrolled and have to run 15 minutes back. Plus with the guildhalls/scribing for guild buffs and the airship it’s just “join a huge, impersonal guild or GTFO”. And I’ve also noticed a lot more toxic attitudes in WvW and sPvP. Possibly due to the change to F2P or the increased focus on esports.

Mead
Tol Acharn [PHNX]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: tony.9425

tony.9425

#alpinoerino back pls

in WvW

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Signed, sealed, now deliver please.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in WvW

Posted by: Krabathor Deus.5432

Krabathor Deus.5432

alpine back… alpine back…

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Bump, topic belongs at the top of the forum

in WvW

Posted by: sdluca.4706

sdluca.4706

I do want the old maps back

in WvW

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

yes plz

k thx byw

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in WvW

Posted by: Dipdoo.4861

Dipdoo.4861

At the very least have a map rotation with Alpine. Most of my good memories come from those maps and nostalgia has hit like a brick and I teared up a little bit thinking about the good ol’ innocent days when I wasn’t bitter.

Big Cat Dipdoo ~ Warrior, Caeda Ripstep ~ Revenant, Braum Has Arrived ~ Guardian [SQD]
“It’s time to Rim Ram their Jim Jams.”

in WvW

Posted by: Esca.8569

Esca.8569

old maps black..!!! fast..!!!!!before all stop playing

in WvW

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

You don’t need a petition, alpine Is going to be back. I’ve suspected for a while that Anet didn’t like the fact all 3 borderlands where the same exact map. However they didn’t have enough resources to build 2 additional maps. Now that they have the desert borderlands they just need a third and we’ll have one unique borderlands map per side.

in WvW

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

You don’t need a petition, alpine Is going to be back. I’ve suspected for a while that Anet didn’t like the fact all 3 borderlands where the same exact map. However they didn’t have enough resources to build 2 additional maps. Now that they have the desert borderlands they just need a third and we’ll have one unique borderlands map per side.

That would cause major balance issues with points and capping. Desert Borderland is far bigger and use way more gimmicks than Alpine Borderlands.

They need to be the same.

in WvW

Posted by: SilverSword.8053

SilverSword.8053

I want the old maps back. I hate desert and like the moutains and lakes more.

in WvW

Posted by: Dreiji.5419

Dreiji.5419

I also want the alpine map back. Sign me up!

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

Its getting to the point where everything is too little too late. No matter what change they make and what they overhaul it will be for naught.

Do I want the Alpine maps back? Absolutely
Do I want them six months from now???? I think that would just make me more angry since they already had a temporary solution to wvw attrition and didn’t use it.

Does that mean I want to keep desert bl? kitten no, I just won’t be playing by that time to notice

in WvW

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Yes, it was better before they added all this fodder.
I vote to roll back to when the Quaggan weather nodes were in the water.

in WvW

Posted by: NekoNoKoi.9137

NekoNoKoi.9137

An unequivocal yes. Hell yes I want the old bls back. I don’t (and won’t) play the new bls. I’ve tried over and over again to get into them but it’s just impossible because they have so many flaws. It’s like anet completely forgot what wvw is about and went overboard on design > functionality.

-Far too big. Just far too big, seriously.
-Far too complex and with too many levels – this makes it almost impossible to navigate if you’re unfamiliar and quite frankly it’s just not necessary. Sure, the odd cliff is fine but you don’t need them all over the place, everywhere.
-Just really crappy to fight in due to above reasons
-Why on earth are the hills and bay wps contested on your home bl constantly?
-Speaking of hills and bay – they’re far too big, making chasing down people hiding in them a pain in the kitten.
-Taking towers etc is a pain if you’re a roamer because camps are miles away and the lord fights make solo capping ridiculous. Solo roaming certainly wasn’t dead in the alpine bls, but it sure as hell seems to be now.
-Please just get rid of the oasis event.
-Too many seemingly pointless functions such as the rocks that come out of the ground (they don’t do much realistically), random cripple, random stealth for no apparent reason

Anet, the alpine borderlands were great in comparison to the current ones because they were simple, they were of a good size and towers were spaced out well. There were no bs canyons and cliffs and it was almost always easy to fight without having to worry about getting knocked off. Eotm is more fun that the desert borderlands, kitten.

in WvW

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

I actually like both the old maps, with the exception of the Oasis event. Once you get used to the layout of the new maps the objectives are spaced out about the same. The shrines could use some work… like if you take a shrine your team should get that buff, not the hold all 3 plus the keep. Also, the fire keep could use a rework as it is the only keep with literally 1 way in or out. Oasis could be completely nuked. Hell, flood it and put an underwater keep if you must.

in WvW

Posted by: Dagger.2035

Dagger.2035

Sign me up too. I don’t bother playing WvW outside of prime time and usually only join the EB zerg when I do play. I miss roaming and playing home borderlands defense.

Human Thief [DOA]
Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

Take out Oasis event and I could care less.

in WvW

Posted by: Laivine.9308

Laivine.9308

Sign me up. Currently being playing only in EB because I can’t stand the new BL…. and I used to hate EB. Go figure.

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

Love the New maps, make a list of people who embrace change and learn from it and then have fun!

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: Peazomanco.7259

Peazomanco.7259

I think the issue is not the scenario, but the mechanics asociated: If old bl are brought back with all new stuff it would be a major failure. I think some rework is needed over new map, remove or rework many useless elements which only are nuissances in order to fight: Shrine buffs, guild upgrades, barricades and also make the map little flatter. I´m there to fight not to perform a jumping puzzle.

Also Oasis should be changed, i think some sort of king of the mountain event where many players could collide would be great.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

No I want new maps as well as the Alpines back! Just not the Deserted BS ones!

In fact I want another 2 minimum! So that we can finally get a map rotation going on!

THIS!

BOTH.

Not one or the other, BOTH.

And don’t you dare touch EB. Just don’t.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Chingiz.9167

Chingiz.9167

Map rotation please. 1 week alpine and 1 week desert

in WvW

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

I had way more action/fun on the old maps (roamer). The new ones are boring, to much pve, hardly meet other roamers (big maze).
What is with the air and fire keep waypoints being contested all the time?
Weekly map rotations could be fun, need 1 more map for that probably.
What about water, you guys like very little water (like new maps) or a fair amount of water (old maps) on your borderland? I like having the option to use water as an escape route.

(edited by santenal.1054)

in WvW

Posted by: Amon.3849

Amon.3849

yes i want the old borderlands back! sign me in pls

in WvW

Posted by: Firelysm.8190

Firelysm.8190

I do, and lets bump this up for as long as it takes.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Love the New maps, make a list of people who embrace change and learn from it and then have fun!

Couldn’t just say you love the new map? Why imply something you have no idea of?

in WvW

Posted by: GuilhermeAlves.4156

GuilhermeAlves.4156

yes, i want alpine back. sign me up please

in WvW

Posted by: casantis.3106

casantis.3106

I also want old maps back. New ones are crap.

Por la Razón o la Fuerza [CL]

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Signed, yes, 15 chars

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: Samis.1750

Samis.1750

Alpine BLs were better, but they were also flawed. They were too easy to karma train, and losing a WP in garrison was so disastrous since citadel was far back from Hills and Bay (Desert BL is not as far from Hills and Bay). It was also much easier to 2 v 1 the home side, too much so in my opinion.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: vaxjani.9073

vaxjani.9073

yes /fifteencharacters

Lagspike – Never Gonna Find Me – Happy Burstday
War/Ranger/Thief Roaming Vids

in WvW

Posted by: xXBAKESXx.6731

xXBAKESXx.6731

more, more MORE

in WvW

Posted by: StinkyLord.7950

StinkyLord.7950

What happened ?

Let me give you few hints:

1. PPT became more PPT as enemy bunkering more inside more defensive structures.

Basically i still remember one of my friends telling me that when HoT comes, the national servers will crush others server since the maps favor PPT than fighting. BB is now the first server in EU. Beautiful.

Even PVP became about PPT kitten .

2. Marathon time: you spend more time running in the map to reach destination instead of actually fighting.

3. Splitting time: Now the enemy can actually split up into groups and avoid the enemy to PPT more.

Enjoy the death of WvW. Amen and may gw2 rest in peace.

in WvW

Posted by: DocHoliday.9218

DocHoliday.9218

We want these maps UNTOUCHED, Anet. I can almost assume that the devs are adding all of the gimmicks from the desert maps into the alpine maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Kilver.7094

Kilver.7094

yes, alpine back plz!

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I’m grateful they put superior siege on vendors. That was a step in a good direction. I like the buff shrines on the new map but I’m not crazy for all the npc/pve elements. When I go to a WvW map I’m looking for a team vs team. I’m ok with the guards, lords, yaks and sentries. I just don’t like mini pve events in the middle of wvw.

The new map has some cool elements but OMAGAWD it takes forever and a day to get anywhere. I miss WvW but there really isn’t enough incentive in it to keep putting up with the frustration I’ve felt over it. I stand by my words that I thought it was the most epic game experience I’ve ever had.

PvP is ok, but it just falls flat compared to the challenges I experienced in wvw. I keep saying epic because it really did impress me enough to make a 360 in my casual pvp play style. I was hooked and hooked hard before all the changes

To be fair I was pretty new to game, and I’m sure what I was so thrilled about was old news to most WvW players.

The rewards are still pretty so-so and don’t come close to covering the cost of the consumables one uses in a nights play. So for the good that has been done I’d like to give credit to the team but with the other changes that have made a negative impact its been like two steps forward and three steps back :/

I’m still angry over the golem rush and that no one listened or seemed to care what so many wvw players were trying to report at the time, and the lack of communication (which hasn’t improved) between WvW players and their game gods has done little to give me any optimism. Its taken too long at this point.

(edited by Kamara.4187)

in WvW

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

Yes, I’d love the old maps back. These are too big and don’t allow for more PvP to happen due to the size alone.

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Alpine or Riot. It needs to happen now, as in this week’s reset. Do it. Just switch it back on, and … leave it. Let us have at least a few months of fun before you guys do…. you know, whatever you’re going to do. If you’re going to do anything.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: gloflop.3510

gloflop.3510

Alpine back!

The new borderlands have many nice features. However, also few major flaws. Most important: The map is too large. Hence, I would recommend to bring back the alpine BL and adjust the desert BL. It would bring back players who left before. Otherwise there will not be a WvW when the map is finally fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Asator.3065

Asator.3065

Yes. There’s nothing in the new borderlands that I prefer over the old ones.

The map layout is bad and I don’t like the castle design. It looks bad and doesn’t make any sense. The medieval design looked much better and everything was more accessible.

I pretty much stopped playing because of this.

in WvW

Posted by: DocHoliday.9218

DocHoliday.9218

Buuuuummmmpppp.

in WvW

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Yes, I’ll sign. Go ahead and put my name on that list, OP.

in WvW

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

“HEY ANET WE WANT SOMETHING NEW”

ANet /gives new BL maps

“NO, GIVE US OUR OLD MAPS BACK OR WE RIOT”

Are you kidding me!?

NO, I do NOT want the old maps back, especially not if it means replacing the new BLs.

I COULD be okay with getting the old maps back if it’s an ADDITION, that is, WvW becomes EB and SIX (6) BL’s simultaneously. That would be nice, SO much more land to cover, SO much more to do! (and then my two friends and I could still roll entire desert BLs while you QQ babies stay in your old BLs >.>)

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I was never rooting for new maps. I was asking for:
- better skill/profession balance (HoT specializations + rev hammer made things just worse)
- solution for population imbalance (never addressed)
- fix the bugs & lag (new BLs gave us loads more)
- better rewards e.g. copy reward tracks from spvp (never address)
- less pve (new BLs gave us more)

I am surely NOT the only one.

If you think about popular competitive games like Counter Strike. It has been around already soon 17 years. Many of the maps have remained more or less the same for much longer than GW2 has existed. Yet CS players love to play these maps. I could just barely imagine the rage if the original Counter Strike maps would have been removed and replaced with a massively overdesigned map full of gimmicks and places where you can fall to your death and it takes forever to find enemies to fight with. The player base would have sunk and this is exactly what happened with GW2 WvWvW.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)