Week of 11/23: SOS vs JQ vs SBI

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

Perhaps the biggest lesson SoS can take out of this week is that we have to be more flexible about guild map assignments on the fly and be able to adjust appropriately to maps that are getting overwhelmed.

I agree, and the guilds also have to work a lot better together and communicate better with the militia. The last few nights have been a bit slapstick. 5 commander tags on, no one commanding. That kind of silly lower tier nonsense.

in WvW

Posted by: Kyiv.9621

Kyiv.9621

Can we just get a score in the answer and not a essay please? lol

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

SoS’ main force are doing fractals this week, dont get too comfy up there SBI, next week its back on.

That’s such a weak cop-out. Go all in during the ‘holiday/event week’ then expect to be taken seriously if you decide to relax the week after, when the other two servers get off their break.

Sounds like poor decision making being made by SoS to me. There are no breaks in T1, it’s week after week. If you can’t commit one week because you decided to go ‘all in’ the previous week, you may want to consider reviewing your decisions.

The weekend has just ended, there’s no excuse to be pulling the ‘next week’ card already. You can still come back and win, there’s no reason you can’t other than your own servers motivation (or lack of) to do so. Giving up now is basically admitting that you bit off more than you could chew.

It’s not about skill, but who has the best coverage.

JQ has their home map fully conquered at the moment which clearly means SBI and SoS don’t have any players on that map.

SoS is the only Tier 1 server I’ve actually been on that has instant queues. When I was on JQ and SBI they were over an hour.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Kyiv.9621

SoS’ main force are doing fractals this week, dont get too comfy up there SBI, next week its back on.

That’s such a weak cop-out. Go all in during the ‘holiday/event week’ then expect to be taken seriously if you decide to relax the week after, when the other two servers get off their break.

Sounds like poor decision making being made by SoS to me. There are no breaks in T1, it’s week after week. If you can’t commit one week because you decided to go ‘all in’ the previous week, you may want to consider reviewing your decisions.

The weekend has just ended, there’s no excuse to be pulling the ‘next week’ card already. You can still come back and win, there’s no reason you can’t other than your own servers motivation (or lack of) to do so. Giving up now is basically admitting that you bit off more than you could chew.

JQ has their home map fully conquered at the moment which clearly means SBI and SoS don’t have any players on that map.

SoS is the only Tier 1 server I’ve actually been on that has instant queues. When I was on JQ and SBI they were over an hour.

Most servers awhile ago had long queues, JQ had outmanned buff on 2 BL late Friday night and never have queues on anything but EB and even that was out manned 30 mins ago.

BTW why are you jumping servers so much lol

in WvW

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Last week it was “SBI is known for crappy weekend attendance” to this past weekend being “round-the-clock presence”. Funny how a little motivation can do lots of good. I’m thinking next week, when neither side has an excuse to lean on (new content vs Thanksgiving vacations), will be very telling.

SBI had outmanned buff most of Saturday afternoon and a fair portion of prime time (EST) on SoS zone.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in WvW

alanis.6094

I haven’t sat in a Q on SBI for over three weeks. Admittedly, however, I never Q up for EB and rarely for our home battleground.

Instant every single click, with most of those being prime-time EST.

Additionally— I’ve seen the outmanned buff on JQ, and I’ve had the outmanned buff several times this weekend. I’ve -never- seen the outmanned buff on SoS. (Though again, I think most of my time has been on the SOS BG).

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in WvW

ComeAndSee.1356

1-2 hour queues WvW.

in WvW

ComeAndSee.1356

I haven’t sat in a Q on SBI for over three weeks. Admittedly, however, I never Q up for EB and rarely for our home battleground.

Additionally— I’ve seen the outmanned buff on JQ, and I’ve had the outmanned buff several times this weekend. I’ve -never- seen the outmanned buff on SoS. (Though again, I think most of my time has been on the SOS BG).

I’m not sure if people quit or moved on to other servers. I remember when all Tier 1 servers had 1 hour++ queues.

in WvW

Kyiv.9621

1-2 hour queues WvW.

Not judging just wondering why the variety. You know lower tiers have less queues too =D

in WvW

Kyiv.9621

I’m not sure if people quit or moved on to other servers. I remember when all Tier 1 servers had 1 hour++ queues.

Fractals is hitting WvW hard. A lot of people do 2 runs a day for dailies and progression and unlike events keeps going. Though eventually it will get worn out and people will start to trickle into WvW from fractals. Hopefully the stealth capture nerf and other wvw improvements, like culling issues and new contect will keep people coming back

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

As Bob Dylan once said … “the times they are a changin”.

T1 won’t see 1 hour+ queues again until the fabled WvW content patch. At which time everyone will come back to WvW to see what the hubub is about, then probably vanish again unless the patch brings meaningful long term change for the better.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: zoobaby.7804

zoobaby.7804

SBI only has a queue on Friday, post reset. The EB map may have a queue from time to time, but longest I have ever sat in it is ~15 minutes. Boarder Lands are insta pops 99% of the time minus Friday reset.

SBI native and Altoholic
[Rage] Smelly Tree Sap — Band Camp Babe — Bannned Character--Spooner

in WvW

alanis.6094

As have I. What I was doing was merely correcting your assertion that SoS is the server that has the lowest coverage in T1 — especially considering it is likely the opposite.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in WvW

Posted by: hoschi.8693

hoschi.8693

Score Update 6:50pm EST

SBI 109.933 +190
SoS 84.301 +255
JQ 74.449 +250

Saint of Destruction of the Holy Church of Jedsus Chris of Saturday Feints
Strike Force [SF]

in WvW

ComeAndSee.1356

As have I. What I was doing was merely correcting your assertion that SoS is the server that has the lowest coverage in T1 — especially considering it is likely the opposite.

SoS didn’t have full map coverage in T2 either. To be honest the only server that every had FULL 24/7 map coverage was HoD when TA was roaming around, but that was because there was like 20 guilds on there.

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

meh…sBI brought it this week so far, and deserve to be ahead. Does it matter why SoS and JQ haven’t? On this forum?

The competition this week has been much closer and the fighting even more enjoyable than last.

in WvW

Posted by: dekyos.1548

dekyos.1548

huh strange, all the SoS players who said SBI was making excuses for losing last week, are now making the same excuses this week.

Maybe you should stop doing fractals and try to come kill me. Oh, and our lead didn’t get established in 3 hours like yours did last week, strange how that works.

Gearmatrix – Level 80 Crash’N’Burn Engineer
[MORD]
SBI WvW Junkie

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

felt like we had about 10 people in EB last night (10 hours ago) had the outmanned buff and no commanders, still fun though

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Last week when fractals were released, and the one time only new event, SBI players attended… and some SOS players on the forums said “stop making excuses”. when SBI players said next week, some SOS players said “stop making excuses”.
What a difference a week makes.

actually I’m pretty sure that was BG people who said that.

We were just happy enough to be in T1, winning and still doing the 1 time events. That was my focus anyway. Now that I was part of taking the top spot I took my foot off the pedal. Haven’t spent more than 4-5 hours in pvp this week and everytime I do its been a mess, maps with no commanders, random pver’s and just basic chaos.

Just saying its what its like atm which was completely different from last week. Not an excuse, just saying its how it is. SBI fully deserve to be winning right now I think coming last in the previous match must of sparked some interest back into WvW which is a good response.

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

For the first few days of wvw after we won, SoS participation really dropped (literally no commanders on sight). There is no excuse for that, it just happened. Anyway, I’m glad that SBI are bringing it this week.. I hope JQ goes all out too.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in WvW

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

Really phenominal battle at Garrison in SBI BL. It was an outstanding attempt at defence from SBI. You guys must have pulled everyone from other BL to try and hold that keep. If anyone should complain about getting 2v1’d NOW, its SBI. SOS constantly attacked SOS while we successfully took and held cliffside.

Nice try on the ninja cap on lowlands but we did indeed kick your butts. Eventually you did take it though:( Grrr.

But the fight at Garrison was a memorable experience. You guys successfully defended the keep when we were in the lords room with the ring up. You guys have to say thank you to those few individuals who kept the ring up, we were inches away from capping and then you wiped us. Then, SOS made it to the lords room and once you guys got wiped we were right behind SOS trying to prevent them from getting the cap. Unfortuneatly SOS got it:(

Really, it was an excellent attempt at defending that keep. You guys really did get 2v1’d for a good 1-2 hour(s)

And that 3 way battle where we got sandwiched between SBI and SOS. Wooooooow. We wanted SOS to go in first but they decided to attack us:(

in WvW

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

I hope devs gets banned, exploiting into bluebrair on SOS BL. Cost us our push the first time having to retake, this was the second try.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: cold.3946

cold.3946

Current score as of 10:28 pm PST on Monday, 11/26:

Stormbluff Isle    116,738 (+215)
Sea of Sorrows      95,018 (+300)
Jade Quarry           81,643 (+180)

Attachments:

Keg – 80 Guardian | Mini Keg – 80 Mesmer
Strike Force [SF] Stormbluff Isle
www.strikeforceguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

SOS has had outmanned buff plenty of times, i know last night we had it all during primetime EST. Though it was on SBI BL

Ive heard ppl talking about taking a break attributed to finally achieving t1 victory (long push from.. wait what tier was it?) Though not an excuse I think were seeing just an overall decline in participation in the game in general on all three servers, and all tiers.

Personally ive been demoralized by Anets decision to include PvE based top gear (treadmill) and as WvW’ers im sure you all can agree. Though ironically i think it may be the only thing to save this game, even if I do not agree with it

in WvW

Posted by: uplaabura.3289

uplaabura.3289

Don’t worry about SOS, friends.
We have time to make a comeback, but most important thing is don’t be afraid of losing.
If we Lose it, we lose it. We don’t need to prove anything like “We are the best of the best” or “We want to stomp you all”. Our enemies are so good that we lose, it’s ok.
We may get rid of some bandwagoner so it’s not that bad.

I still want to win so I’ll fight on.
The intense fighting gives me so much fun and I do the best.
We are in a very nice server. We have very good and healthy communication between guilds. PvE ppl help and support us.
Keep going. It’s fine.

Tomizu Intrepid, Guardian
Sea of Sorrows
For Taiwanese ppl, plz feel free to join our RC channel 25383023 for group fighting

in WvW

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

I love playing EB on SBI. It is so much fun. One moment you are sitting fighting off both servers, the next one server decides to make a pass on the other and you are double teaming them, on top of having loads of people swarm into the ever conflicting Stonemist Castle.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

in WvW

ComeAndSee.1356

Lol, that was funny yesterday. SoS hit hills with golems while JQ had the exact same plan. Total coincidence, but felt like we were double teaming SBI.

(edited by ComeAndSee.1356)

in WvW

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

week isn’t over yet smokey. SoS FTW

Just don’t ever give up!!! Fight to the death!!! I just really want to see a SoS, SoR, SBI, TI matchup hehe

We don’t have the coverage for t1. That is the plain and honest truth. We have big hearts in SoR, we just don’t have enough of them.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

On behalf of SoS I hereby evoke the Fractal Turkey Clause (hereafter: FTC).

The FTC allows a server a free ride for the remainder of the current matchup(s) or until the issuing server takes a winning position in aforementioned matchup(s). Therefore, any discussion of the current score, situation, tactics, strategies or sandwich preferences of the servers competing in this matchup(s), must be prefaced with the phrase; “SoS was hit hard by the Fractal Turkeys this week – so it doesn’t really count”.

Thank you all for your compliance and especially to SBI for their strong leadership on this issue last week.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I just need a pic of someone eating a turkey leg while fighting jade maw and i’m sold.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

ComeAndSee.1356

Well, the problem now is.

#1. Servers are full 24/7 which makes getting reinforcements or new guilds difficult.
#2. Players are obviously more interested in new PvE content than WvW. I mean, you have to do it 20+ times to get the top gear so its a carrot on stick.
#3. Player activity is down overall.Tier 1 use to be slam packed ques 24/7 now they’re instant except for a few maps at peak times.

Basically #1 and #2 is going to hold you back because there’s nothing you can really do about it.

(edited by ComeAndSee.1356)

in WvW

Posted by: Walay The Brave.6813

Walay The Brave.6813

week isn’t over yet smokey. SoS FTW

Just don’t ever give up!!! Fight to the death!!! I just really want to see a SoS, SoR, SBI, TI matchup hehe

We don’t have the coverage for t1. That is the plain and honest truth. We have big hearts in SoR, we just don’t have enough of them.

… and most of the times big hearts all you need to start a revolution, GL to all SoR, will be looking forward to a match with you guys

[TEAR] – Stormbluff Isle
There is no time to talk! We must concentrate on the matters at hand — Brother Mhenlo
http://www.gw2guilds.org/view-guild/893

in WvW

Posted by: Xyanide.8650

Xyanide.8650

Anyone experience connection error? When you use waypoint or change a map (eg. from Lion’s Arch to EB) you will get kicked.

[Ele]Sereniah/[Nec]Xyanade
[NöPë] from Stormbluff Isle
In morte ultima veritas

in WvW

cold.3946

Someone post a score update please.

www.strikeforceguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Militiaa.9735

Militiaa.9735

Here are the current scores…. I see a comeback on the way

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

Lol, that was funny yesterday. SoS hit hills with golems while JQ had the exact same plan. Total coincidence, but felt like we were double teaming SBI.

Yeah, those instances are pretty comical. What’s the etiquette? Is there a give way rule? lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Yeah, those instances are pretty comical. What’s the etiquette? Is there a give way rule? lol.

always give way to the omega golem or else become roadkill

in WvW

Posted by: Militiaa.9735

Militiaa.9735

Things are getting ugly for SBI

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: neostars.7029

neostars.7029

Good job SOS counterparts.
Oceanic will be in full support tonight
Now need to get home from work.

Sea of Sorrows
(Level 80 Ranger/Guardian)

in WvW

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

You say comeback. I highly doubt it. SBI has a strong night capping and Oceanic coverage. It’s the middle of the week, and I’ve noticed this was always the time of day it went down. During NA Prime Time. Wait another 3-4 hours and we’ll be on top again. Can’t bring us down that hard

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

Whoever that stealthed thief was in vale on SOS BL preventing the cap for a good 5 minutes…. don’t pull that crap again. I don’t give two craps if you did that in other tiers, keep it away from T1 and have a good sportsmanship attitude. We capped it, now deal with it

It was an SOS player btw

in WvW

Posted by: Destroyer.1306

Destroyer.1306

Whoever that stealthed thief was in vale on SOS BL preventing the cap for a good 5 minutes…. don’t pull that crap again. I don’t give two craps if you did that in other tiers, keep it away from T1 and have a good sportsmanship attitude. We capped it, now deal with it

It was an SOS player btw

Literally the same thing happened in the same supply camp earlier today, but it happened to us. We just moved on and capped Briar.

They said they’re removing stealth capture prevention from the game. Anyone know if the most recent patch this evening fixed it?

Stinky Garbage, Engineer. Meatbag, Guardian. Dum Dums, Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Syphen.1980

Syphen.1980

It was an SOS player btw

Luckily they are going to patch it so they can’t do that lame crap. I for one will be gratefull when they do since having one stealthed thief stop a cap with 20+ people is stupid.

in WvW

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

PRX are back out, game on SBI

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

in WvW

ComeAndSee.1356

What a big difference from yesterday. All SoS maps have coverage and there’s actually queues for every map.

Going to be a tight race.

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I like how WvWvW unites everyone in a server. All are equal in wvw! Except charrs, sylvari and asuras who are obviously inferior. Calling all SoS able-bodied human males, ages 16 to 40, are able to take arms and are white, please proceed to WvW. Your server needs you. Those who do not qualify are free to give donations instead. Norns are just humans who eat and drink more.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

in WvW

cold.3946

The current score as of 9:02 pm PST on 11/27:

Stormbluff Isle     140,514 (+110)
Sea of Sorrows     132,927 (+385)
Jade Quarry          103,080 (+200)

Attachments:

www.strikeforceguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

PRX is SOS’s version of WM.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: ISteveI.9732

ISteveI.9732

Finally, most of the sos wvw-er is back after taking a short break.
The gap is very close now. Hope we could pull this through…
Nevertheless, expect a very tough and intense fight up ahead.

Good luck to all!

Sea of Sorrows
Q Xoxo – Elementalist | Styls – Warrior | Stylic – Theif | Stylc – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

It’s been such an obvious double-team that it’s almost comical. Both SoS and JQ spending most of the night just camping outside of SBI’s spawn in EB. No trebs from SM are even active.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)