Well played Anet

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I’d just like to make a note of one thing that I think people aren’t considering when they transfer to stacked worlds. You will not, repeat will not, be able to receive the reward based on overall world place in the league, unless you achieve the meta achievement for the season. If you aren’t able to get into WvW much, you won’t get the rewards. So it is absolutely taking a risk to transfer to a world that has a large WvW population.

I think you’re giving your players a little too much credit if you think they’re not dumb enough to pile into T1 servers. I’m sure you see it firsthand just by the amount of morons in this forum. It’s only natural though… people will go for what they think is the easiest way to get what they want.

I think you may be the dumb one if you really think people on tier 1 will have any problem getting the achievement.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

I’d just like to make a note of one thing that I think people aren’t considering when they transfer to stacked worlds. You will not, repeat will not, be able to receive the reward based on overall world place in the league, unless you achieve the meta achievement for the season. If you aren’t able to get into WvW much, you won’t get the rewards. So it is absolutely taking a risk to transfer to a world that has a large WvW population.

If overall world place is part of the meta, only the stacked servers will even get a shot at it.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

This… doesn’t… answer… the question. People transferring there are obviously there to mostly WvW.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: aramanu.5612

aramanu.5612

Doesn’t help that there’s an exploit to bypass the queue that hasn’t been fixed since DAY 1.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

(I put this in a separate thread, but it probably belongs in this thread with Devon’s post – Mods, please feel free to delete my other thread.)

You will not, repeat will not, be able to receive the reward based on overall world place in the league, unless you achieve the meta achievement for the season. If you aren’t able to get into WvW much, you won’t get the rewards. So it is absolutely taking a risk to transfer to a world that has a large WvW population.

Now that’s an interesting twist. But has it been thought through properly?

Population dominates in WvW, so the most stacked servers are most likely to get the top rewards. But if players on those servers will miss out if they don’t get enough WvW time on their own server to get the achievement, then the following seem to be logical consequences:

1. Some players will miss out on the rewards due to queuing and be really kittened off.
    If Anet set the requirements to get the achievement above what would be normal WvW participation on a stacked server, then there are likely to kitten off a lot of WvW players, and not just on the dedicated WvW servers either. I really can’t see Anet setting the requirements that high, in which case all of this redundant and Devon’s post is mere scaremongering.
  2. Players from stacked servers will spend more time playing in off-peak times (rather than miss out on the achievement) making it even harder for other servers to catch up.
    This seems inevitable if queuing on the most popular WvW servers really does get in the way of people on those servers getting the achievement.
  3. Players on stacked servers will stay with their server until they have a clear lead then transfer to another server to get the achievement. While on the other server they will have a vested interest in making sure that server does not threaten their home server’s lead.
    This seems inevitable if queuing on the most stacked servers really does get in the way of people on those serves getting the achievement. This is the worst consequence overall, as it rewards both stacking on the top servers and distorting play on the less populated servers.

I hope Devon’s post really is just scaremongering, because if it’s not then what he’s talking about has the potential to make the leagues even more of a mess than they are headed for already.

p.s. Please point out any errors in the logic presented here and add anything that’s missing.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

This… doesn’t… answer… the question. People transferring there are obviously there to mostly WvW.

I hear rumors that T1 has a 5 hour queue in the BLs.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: SQLOwns.7316

SQLOwns.7316

I don’t mean to be dramatic, but at this point WvW is nearing it’s end……Not to say that it will end for all the servers, but I’m betting at least half will be dead in WvW. Anet has not made a single good decision in weeks concerning WvW as a whole. I really wish they would just talk with the player base, not “talk to” but “talk with”. I just don’t think they care at this point. In all reality it is probably better for them to shut down servers and save money (the one bad thing about no sub)……I never wanted this before, but at this point I really would be happy with GW1 with better graphics……that was your plan wasn’t it Anet, GG.

SQL Owns – Elementalist
Dragon Steel [DSL]
Henge of Denravi

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

I hear rumors that T1 has a 5 hour queue in the BLs.

pulling things out of our rectums now are we

[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: InWhySee.2097

InWhySee.2097

1. Players on stacked servers will stay with their server until they have a clear lead then transfer to another server to get the achievement. While on the other server they will have a vested interest in making sure that server does not threaten their home server’s lead.
    This seems inevitable if queuing on the most stacked servers really does get in the way of people on those serves getting the achievement. This is the worst consequence overall, as it rewards both stacking on the top servers and distorting play on the less populated servers.

It also means more transfer fees.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

Just curious, is the meta achievement a full set of ascended for all your characters? Or even just one since y’all hate alts? Probably not. If I had to guess, it’s something far less than I would get if I had spent my time in PvE instead, as usual. I’d also guess that it’s account bound.

P.S. Honestly, if you think completing achievements is the incentive that WvW players were looking for and receiving some trivial reward, instead of fixing the broken state of WvW…

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

This seems unfair to those of us who’ve been in top tier servers since beta. >.>

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

devons post just shows how truly out of touch they r with WvW.

1. the top ranked server r gonna have no issue getting the achievements.

2. out side of reset night or the weekend even t1’s que times r rare or atleast not long, they r a whole 5 mins on 2-3 maps and 1-2 without any que.

3. how they heck didnt the WvW dev team see this coming??? EVERY single player saw this mess coming the day it was announced

4. the wvw population has been dropping steadily for all server’s in this game for awhile now, with ppl getting bored or lack of fixes/changes or content. T1 pop has also been dropping, and only able to stay where they r by eating up more players from lower tiers.

inclosing congrats anet You have actually managed to bleed out the only thing unique about gw2. Goodluck keeping players around to play your kitten Spvp and boring kitten pve

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Archon.7516

Archon.7516

Clearly thats what the WvW community was clamoring for! Meta Achievements! Not any of the below:

1) Income based on the amount of time we spend in WvW
2) Access to the best gear in the game (lol shorry you gotta go craft, but wait you are a WvW player, so enjoy your 1g/ 6 hours, and t4 mats out of bags, oh wait bags dont drop anymore)
3) Balancing away from AOE kitten kitten no skill play
4) The removal of terrible mechanics
5) A stress on actually fighting other players rather than hiding in towers with arrowcarts
6) GvG
7) More than 2 leagues
8) ONE THIRD the attention you pay to the Spvp crowd
9) Attainable WvW achievements (LOL 200 years to kill a billion yaks trololo)

Did I miss any? These are NOT new issues, only things your player base has BEGGED for for MONTHS now in some cases. Its really no surprise WvW is dying. You keep implementing what you THINK is a good idea instead of LISTENING to people that play this mode.

Vexzen Archonis – Lost [BP] 80 D/D Theif

(edited by Archon.7516)

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I’m sure we all know by now, we’re wasting our time with this.

http://i.imgur.com/BA20tY6.jpg

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I think what he’s trying to say is that there are personal achievements and if you’re stuck on a queue all the time because you transferred to Stackgate you’re never going to be able to get them.

Of course, whether this is actually the case and whether it actually acts as a stacking deterrent is yet to be seen.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Hipster.1264

Hipster.1264

I’m sure we all know by now, we’re wasting our time with this.

http://i.imgur.com/BA20tY6.jpg

True, but we can try anyway because we have the time to write here on the forums since WvW sucks and that’s the only part of the game most of us played.

Mirajane Grauwind Necro

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

I think what he’s trying to say is that there are personal achievements and if you’re stuck on a queue all the time because you transferred to Stackgate you’re never going to be able to get them.

Of course, whether this is actually the case and whether it actually acts as a stacking deterrent is yet to be seen.

i know what he was trying to say man, its just he really has no clue what he is talking about.

T1 ques r really not as bad as ppl wanna think they r, this is how they go.

Friday reset night- All maps during na r qued for 1-2 hours
Saturday- 3 of the 4 maps r qued for 5-20 mins
Sunday-3 of the 4 maps r qued for 5-10 mins
monday-thursday – 2 out of 4 maps r ques for 5-10 mins 2 r insta pop

This is for the NA timezone only.Ocx/sea/eu at max will hit 2 maps qued and even that is hit and miss. T1 servers r not as strong as they r because they que all 4 of there maps 24/7, its because they have 24/7 coverage and no other server has it.

the truth is the WvW population in this game is just dying, ppl r sick of waiting a year+ for fixes or changes.

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

(edited by SykkoB.9465)

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.8341

Sol.8341

• looks steadily over my cards at Mr Arrowcarter *

I call your bluff and raise !

guys, guys, guys … what are the chances Anet will allow him to upset their best gem-spending WvW customers ? He will be forced to dumb down the meta or allow some loophole that conveniently makes T1 players transfer out and in again.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: nielscase.6258

nielscase.6258

[quote=2926582;SykkoB.9465:]

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: nielscase.6258

nielscase.6258

i know what he was trying to say man, its just he really has no clue what he is talking about.

This is for the NA timezone only.Ocx/sea/eu at max will hit 2 maps qued and even that is hit and miss. T1 servers r not as strong as they r because they que all 4 of there maps 24/7, its because they have 24/7 coverage and no other server has it.

the truth is the WvW population in this game is just dying, ppl r sick of waiting a year+ for fixes or changes.

Fixed:

Friday reset night- All maps during na r qued for 1-2 hours*
Saturday- 3 of the 4 maps r qued for 5-40 mins*
Sunday-3 of the 4 maps r qued for 0-30 mins*
monday-thursday – 2 out of 4 maps r ques for 0-20 mins 2 r insta pop*

*Depends on time and matchup. If it is an even match ques are longer most of the week. Uneven then its easy to get in on any map usually after saturday.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Why will not be able to get into wvw? Ques? They are not that long., and we can’t ever que up all 4 maps except on reset.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: incognito.4019

incognito.4019

With the league nearly here and everyone is foolishly stacking up at t1 servers, Anet surely got themselves quite a lot of money. Will it end here? Nope. When t1 players realize that they will only meet their “real” opponent just one time through out the whole league while having blow out match up for the rest of the league, surely a lot of them will transfer to lower tier once they got tired of PvD, especially Oceanic/SEA players. Which also means kaching to Anet.

Well played sir, well played.

Elder scrolls, elder scrolls, elder scrolls, elder scrolls, elder scrolls!

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: incognito.4019

incognito.4019

So, how about ending paid server transfers and allowing us to transfer for free again? Get people off of these high tier servers. Once every three months seems fair. It won’t mess with WvW numbers a whole lot like it did when it could happen weekly.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: suprNovae.5410

suprNovae.5410

If you hint at massive queues due stacking on one tier you are so horribly wrong.
I’ve played on t1 servers in EU and NA. And the queue is not that long like it is used to be at the release of GW2. Back in the days I would agree with you (2-4 hours queue partially) but nowadays I doubt the queue will stop anyone to get the achievements.
Nevertheless your achievement is so cheap. Everyone who has kept one single eye at the development of GW2 knows that you build up the game mainly for the casually playing people.
So I guess the wvw meta achievement will be an advanced version of the normal daily achievements to lure the more pve people into WvW.

Clint B E Eastwood – Guardian
Callous Philosophy [LaG]
† Good Old Days [GD]

(edited by suprNovae.5410)

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Merrik.6734

Merrik.6734

Fixed:

*Depends on time and matchup. If it is an even match ques are longer most of the week. Uneven then its easy to get in on any map usually after saturday.

That’s before the season rollout. I’d probably expect all of those to at least double if not triple once the season starts for all servers, and if people try to stack tier one things could get out of hand. Take a look at Tequatl attendance since his upgrade.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Nozzie.2067

Nozzie.2067

With the league nearly here and everyone is foolishly stacking up at t1 servers, Anet surely got themselves quite a lot of money. Will it end here? Nope. When t1 players realize that they will only meet their “real” opponent just one time through out the whole league while having blow out match up for the rest of the league, surely a lot of them will transfer to lower tier once they got tired of PvD, especially Oceanic/SEA players. Which also means kaching to Anet.

Well played sir, well played.

Elder scrolls, elder scrolls, elder scrolls, elder scrolls, elder scrolls!

Unfortunately ESO & Camelot Unchained still appear to be a fair way off.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Merrik.6734

So, how about ending paid server transfers and allowing us to transfer for free again? Get people off of these high tier servers. Once every three months seems fair. It won’t mess with WvW numbers a whole lot like it did when it could happen weekly.

I wish they’d end server transfers altogether during the season. I haven’t transferred a single time and I’ve played since launch, so I guess I don’t really get the pressing need. After the season, open server transfers back up during the lull. I think transfers off high pop WvW servers should be free or very, very cheap.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Albane.3618

Albane.3618

Fixed:

That’s before the season rollout. I’d probably expect all of those to at least double if not triple once the season starts for all servers, and if people try to stack tier one things could get out of hand. Take a look at Tequatl attendance since his upgrade.

Yeah because Seasons are such a HUGE attraction. Come play our broken open-world PvP for some meta achievements and a gimmicky finisher. I think I heard the wind blowing…

Ledarius

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

“You might not get [a prize] if you’re on the server that is utterly smashing their opposition for all but one or two matches in the season! BEWARE!!!”

Seriously, I have to reevaluate some of my previously generous evaluations. This is just too much.

Ahh haha…

Yeah because Seasons are such a HUGE attraction. Come play our broken open-world PvP for some meta achievements and a gimmicky finisher. I think I heard the wind blowing…

And to think WvW used to have some of the most populated and interesting player driven dynamic events in the game…

That sound you heard was this:

http://youtu.be/z_MvHyAZ7xE?t=1m31s

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

Well played Anet

in WvW

Merrik.6734

The results of WvW will actually matter week to week in some meaningful way, and you get a nice chest of loot for being on the winning server. There’s a lot of activity in the player base preparing for season one and I think you’ll see a lot of people come back, play more, and try wvw out to try and help their server since these are the matches that “matter”.

I’m more excited for this than I was for Tequatl or SAB. People are still sitting around doing Tequatl and failing repeatedly because they want the achievements and hope that they can get some loot; once the WvW Season meta achievements roll out I suspect those people are going to be flooding the area trying to figure out what’s going on, and unlike Tequatl they have a better chance of having fun if they’re just casually doing WvW.

They’re also not direct competing the start of season 1 with Twilight Assault anymore, meaning that TA will probably be all farmed out by the time this update hits.

(edited by Merrik.6734)

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

man its just soooo funny heavy wvwers really dont get how much more attention they get then pvper and still kitten

You have to be joking.

What have sPvP players asked for and didn’t get?

Players: Paid tournaments don’t pop!
ANet: single round tournies so you don’t have to wait more than a few minutes

Players: We want more maps!
ANet: Have 3!

Players: We want a ladder to see who the best are!
ANet: Yes, my precious flower.

Players: we want to run our own tournies!
ANet: custom arenas

Players: We want to spectate matches!
ANet: yes my special flower. Anything for you!

Players: Premades stomp pugs!
ANet: solo queue

Players: Necros, warriors and rangers are garbage
ANet: Here you go, now they’re great!

Players: We want more game modes!
ANet: they’re coming soon my special flower.

You get almost everything you ask for, except maybe PvE rewards for sPvP and fixing it so ranked matches don’t start with less than 5v5.

Spvp is such a joke none of this really matters to be honest. And when did they confirm new modes? I find that hard to believe since lolconquest is their special little flower and it’s absolute garbage.

I think you’re suffering from “that other mode gets waaay more than our mode!” seriously try playing some spvp and tell me if you enjoy it, or can even stand to play it for a few days. At least you have ways of making WvW fun like guild battles or roaming, you aren’t locked into playing any specific way.

We’ve been asking for GvG since day 1, and you know what ANet is going to add? Some crappy death match mode or some half-conquest half-whatever maps.

They never give pvpers what they really want; first off soloq is garbage and matchmaking is terrible. Custom servers are mostly dead, no one even plays on them anymore except for MAYBE 1 duel server and the rest are ANet defaults.

We’ve been stuck in the same terrible condi meta for months, with no balance updates.

Spvp is dead for a reason.

I think we can all agree though GW2 is officially a pve game, and both pvp modes are completely boned. Hell, even pve gets terrible mundane content.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

(edited by Mathias.9657)

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

Few days ago I made a topic trying to discuss an alternative to WvW in terms of population differences between Worlds. Sadly however, the forum Mod quickly moved it from Discussion forum to the Suggestion forum, where it disappeared within 10 minutes to the second page and on into oblivion…

Anyway, this was it… https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/An-Alternative-to-WvW/first#post2908935

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Did people here not see the blog post on the launcher?

There will be 3 tiers in NA now: top 6 tiers are gold league, next 9 are silver, and the be t 9 again are bronze. It’s right on the launcher when you’re starting up the game.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: TPenny.5071

TPenny.5071

To combat arrow carts maybe make retaliation affect the operator. Would make for some interesting tactics.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Please, the list of pros and cons is ridiculous and has been so for a long time. People’s behaviour shows it.

Things you get for transferring to stacked worlds:
-more loot
-more WvW ranks for better stats/titles
-more WvW rank chests that come with more WvW ranks
-more people to play with, more organization, bigger scale fights
-fights everywhere all the time, you’re never bored

Things you get for transferring to smaller worlds:
-lotsa cool ~5 man fights (unless you’re in a bad timezone then it’s empty maps that sometimes you’re gonna have nothin to do in other than fights NPCs)

It’s now gonna be 14 months of people transferring up tiers, Devon. You gotta come up with an incentive to get them to transfer down too. Unless you like watching the bottom servers dry out.

This isn’t an issue of motivation, morale whatever. For months on all the bottom servers, people have been banging the drums gettin people to come out, gettin their guild organized, reaching out to transfers, talking to the PvE folk. Those are the people who burn out and then transfer up tiers or they quit. The game is actively working against them and quite frankly it’s somethin that kitten es some of us off.

Gate of Madness

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Provost.6210

Provost.6210

Please, the list of pros and cons is ridiculous and has been so for a long time. People’s behaviour shows it.

Things you get for transferring to stacked worlds:
-more loot
-more WvW ranks for better stats/titles
-more WvW rank chests that come with more WvW ranks
-more people to play with, more organization, bigger scale fights
-fights everywhere all the time, you’re never bored

Things you get for transferring to smaller worlds:
-lotsa cool ~5 man fights (unless you’re in a bad timezone then it’s empty maps that sometimes you’re gonna have nothin to do in other than fights NPCs)

It’s now gonna be 14 months of people transferring up tiers, Devon. You gotta come up with an incentive to get them to transfer down too. Unless you like watching the bottom servers dry out.

This isn’t an issue of motivation, morale whatever. For months on all the bottom servers, people have been banging the drums gettin people to come out, gettin their guild organized, reaching out to transfers, talking to the PvE folk. Those are the people who burn out and then transfer up tiers or they quit. The game is actively working against them and quite frankly it’s somethin that kitten es some of us off.

Styx is entirely correct. My server, Dragonbrand, just saw 99% of our decent WvW guilds transfer out because there was no incentive for them to remain on a tier 2 server. Sure, we sometimes get into tier 1, but we’ve never been able to hold it because we don’t have enough active WvW guilds — our night crew, in particular, keeps leaving.

So most people moved to tier 1 servers. That’s right, after massive recruitment drives in PvE to get people into WvW, and then attempts to teach the new folks that there’s more to WvW than following the blue dorito, everyone burned out and said “kitten it”.

We’re probably gonna drop down into tier 3.

Where’s your answer to this, Devon? Because at this point saying “it’s their risk” doesn’t help the fact that an entire server lost its WvW presence.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

You need to make map limits lower, will solve skill lag and will help in destacking
at the same time make a sale in gem prices.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Spvp is such a joke none of this really matters to be honest. And when did they confirm new modes? I find that hard to believe since lolconquest is their special little flower and it’s absolute garbage.

One of the recent leaks said King of the Hill and Deathmatch are being tested internally.

I think you’re suffering from “that other mode gets waaay more than our mode!” seriously try playing some spvp and tell me if you enjoy it, or can even stand to play it for a few days. At least you have ways of making WvW fun like guild battles or roaming, you aren’t locked into playing any specific way.

I played sPvP to rank 43 on EU and 30 on US. I didn’t exactly dedicate my life to it, but I’ve played a few thousand games. Custom arenas let you play any way you want. Kaypud’s 10v10 Beach Brawl was the best game mode in GW2. The only thing that locks you into conquest is ranked ladder matches. Most hotjoin players don’t even fight over the control points except to get extra glory/rank.

We’ve been asking for GvG since day 1, and you know what ANet is going to add? Some crappy death match mode or some half-conquest half-whatever maps.

They never give pvpers what they really want; first off soloq is garbage and matchmaking is terrible. Custom servers are mostly dead, no one even plays on them anymore except for MAYBE 1 duel server and the rest are ANet defaults.

They can’t force people to play custom arenas. There were tons of them when they came out, with game modes ranging from death match to zombie survival mode. The tools are there to do just about anything you want, but the players seem to want to play regular old hotjoin and ranked ladder (more accurately, most choose not to play at all).

We’ve been stuck in the same terrible condi meta for months, with no balance updates.

Spvp is dead for a reason.

Yes, the condi meta sucks, but believe it or not the players asked for this. For months they cried and cried about bunker and power spike metas, and how condi was useless, necro was garbage, etc. etc. They gave you what you asked for, and now you’re whining about that too.

I think we can all agree though GW2 is officially a pve game, and both pvp modes are completely boned. Hell, even pve gets terrible mundane content.

Well… yeah.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

The chance of getting the rewards if you’re not in the top servers is 0%. The chance of getting the rewards if you are is far higher even if you need to complete some monthly for it. You’re gaining some chance while losing nothing… thus there is no risk.

Lets take my server, TC, for example. Rank 4. Unless we’re put into one of the other tiers that doesn’t have the top 3, we have no chance of winning. If I transferred to one of them, I would increase my chances of getting these rewards. I won’t do this because I’m loyal to my server (a rare thing now a days because of the rampant lets transfer to win mentality).

Yes, the condi meta sucks, but believe it or not the players asked for this. For months they cried and cried about bunker and power spike metas, and how condi was useless, necro was garbage, etc. etc. They gave you what you asked for, and now you’re whining about that too.

I don’t remember people asking them to overbuff condition classes. Just to make them on par with the other options… and conditions on some classes certainly were in need of some love.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Stack tier 1, don’t get reward
Play in your home server from day 1 (not rank 1 or 13), don’t get reward

So what’s your point??
More importantly, what is the point of these stupid leagues and the rewards in the first place then? Pull your head out of the sand and fix the numbers problem, until then put the matches back to tiers, as that’s the best balance we can hope for for now. Thank you.

Wait why am I bothering talking to a brick wall?

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Did people here not see the blog post on the launcher?

There will be 3 tiers in NA now: top 6 tiers are gold league, next 9 are silver, and the be t 9 again are bronze. It’s right on the launcher when you’re starting up the game.

I would of if I had opened the game this week…..

Well I guess that’s SLIGHTLY good news?

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

The chance of getting the rewards if you’re not in the top servers is 0%. The chance of getting the rewards if you are is far higher even if you need to complete some monthly for it. You’re gaining some chance while losing nothing… thus there is no risk.

Lets take my server, TC, for example. Rank 4. Unless we’re put into one of the other tiers that doesn’t have the top 3, we have no chance of winning. If I transferred to one of them, I would increase my chances of getting these rewards. I won’t do this because I’m loyal to my server (a rare thing now a days because of the rampant lets transfer to win mentality).

This really depends on the rewards structure, which to the best of my knowledge we really haven’t heard anything about. If winning is literally just “grats on your gold dolyak stomp”, and any other rewards are just baked into participation, then I don’t see a problem.

Really wondering what the reward schema is though.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Gandalf The Grey.1058

Gandalf The Grey.1058

It’s not about the “rewards” because “rewards” in wvw are nonexistent. They transfer for balanced fights you nincompoop! Step in WvW sometime.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

The numbers will force their hand the problem is as it was with every other failed mmo of last decade. The dev fail to realize that once you lose a player you will never get him/her back. So as the numbers start to fall it’s more or less over.

lol, yah but most of those were pay per monthly….

Just take a break if you feeling burnt or left out, GW2 will still be here when you come back, less of course you need to free up 17 gigs of hard drive space to install your new MMO.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: irk.2047

irk.2047

If you aren’t able to get into WvW much, you won’t get the rewards. So it is absolutely taking a risk to transfer to a world that has a large WvW population.

soooo I’ve been in Jade Quarry since prelaunch… WvW queues are very long now to where I can’t even get in when I have time to play.

I guess I get to be suffering the consequences of other people transferring too.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

You really don’t get it, do you. The great majority of WvW’ers … at least the ones that have been playing it since launch … don’t (or at least didn’t) play it for “rewards”. We played it for an enjoyable and entertaining competition against other players in the context of medieval warfare involving equal measures of team strategy and individual player skill. You, or at least ANet, sold the game on that premise … minimal focus on gear and heavy focus on content. The great majority of what ANet has done in the meantime, however, and virtually everything that you (Devon) have personally done, has been contrary to that. You’ve taken the fun, excitement, and entertainment out of WvW and turned it into something to be endured. And you keep doing it over and over again.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

You really don’t get it, do you. The great majority of WvW’ers … at least the ones that have been playing it since launch … don’t (or at least didn’t) play it for “rewards”. We played it for an enjoyable and entertaining competition against other players in the context of medieval warfare involving equal measures of team strategy and individual player skill. You, or at least ANet, sold the game on that premise … minimal focus on gear and heavy focus on content. The great majority of what ANet has done in the meantime, however, and virtually everything that you (Devon) have personally done, has been contrary to that. You’ve taken the fun, excitement, and entertainment out of WvW and turned it into something to be endured. And you keep doing it over and over again.

+1
/stands and applauds

NAGA|TC

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Well said, BUT all of what you indicated is based upon those alleged ‘stacked servers’ having near 24-7 map ques….and they do not. Be assured, most will get their meta achievement completed even if they have to stay up past their bed times and get them done when there are no map ques.

Then again, as indicated, some to most of us play for the competition, not the mere rewards garnered….

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This is true. 100%.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Well said, BUT all of what you indicated is based upon those alleged ‘stacked servers’ having near 24-7 map ques….and they do not. Be assured, most will get their meta achievement completed even if they have to stay up past their bed times and get them done when there are no map ques.

Then again, as indicated, some to most of us play for the competition, not the mere rewards garnered….

What I don’t think people are factoring in is the pve crowd and their need to complete any achievement meta that anet releases. Almost every server will see an increase in participation, and the top tier servers will likely see their wvw population at least triple overnight as everyone races to get their points done. Imagine three times the current numbers playing trying to get into the map? How long do you think the queues will be then? Heck, look how many turned out for Teakettle. As well, a lot of these pve folks will be geared in yellows and greens and (gasp) glass cannon builds that are used to NPC fighting.

Yes the map queues may be manageable now, but I suspect it will be at the very least patience testing for the regular WvWers and I anticipate thread upon thread of people screaming over this issue when the wvw meta achievement rolls out.

L’enfer, c’est les autres