What ever happened to taking PvP out of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Lacuda.8543

Lacuda.8543

They made the Obsidian Sanctum Arena explicitly for duelers. Come on guys, the EBG queue is through the roof on most servers right now. It really is becoming a matter of griefing if one of the reasons the queue is so high is because of the mass amount of players detrimentally dueling in mid-map locations.

We run all our zergs with a kill on sight rule of thumb for duelers. If you guys wanna do it, go to OS. That, or go to the wonderfully unused Oasis sections of the BL maps. Nobody, not even zergs go there.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Obsidian Sanctum Arena? Didn’t even know such a thing existed.

We run all our zergs with a kill on sight rule of thumb for duelers.

You mean: We waste time running our zerg around the whole of outer SM to run over any would be duelers in the area, cause unless we send a force 10x larger our zerg quality dueling haters will come back in body bags.

I mean seriously…..lay off on this. Most of us don’t have a home anymore for 3 months. The wins probably don’t mean anything when it comes to settings rankings during this beta period either. I highly highly doubt a bl winning all matches during these 3 months will mean it will be placed against a borderland with a similar win rate afterwards…lol. How would they even do that? Its 2 bl per team. Would both bl share the win rate at the end when they are split? Then they could be fighting against eachother as equals….only one is 3x larger than the other and will eat it whole.

The point of kicking duelers is to allow people who want to join ur zerg into the server faster right? The point of letting people into the zerg faster is to let them have fun…right? Then the point of the game is for each person in the game to enjoy it and have fun. So then why should a zergling’s fun be greater than a dueler’s fun? That’s like saying a player not getting enough kills or not being in the zerg or who is new and isn’t contributing enough should be kicked from the server so someone more desirable can join. It’s a very flawed mindset.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

It would be nice for duellers to arrange to meet in one of the Deserted BL- for a start, they might not have to queue for hours to get in…but it’s entirely up to them. Many duellers duel for a bit then go back to roaming/capping sentries/camps so asking them to leave EB isn’t really doing yourself any favours.

There aren’t that many of them anyway- if 3-5 people makes all the difference to your side then I’d suggest you get better:-)

I tend to leave duellers well alone as does our zerg- as they tend to fight away from where we’re going, and don’t try and sneak in or follow us to scout, it’s a waste of time stopping to kill them. I’ll occasionally kill one if I know that five minutes ago they were double teaming our strays returning from spawn.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: viikatemies.5347

viikatemies.5347

So do you really want to take player versus player out of wvw : D

If you just want to hit gates and guards go to EotM, there are no queues.

in WvW

Lacuda.8543

Obsidian Sanctum Arena? Didn’t even know such a thing existed.
You mean: We waste time running our zerg around the whole of outer SM to run over any would be duelers in the area, cause unless we send a force 10x larger our zerg quality dueling haters will come back in body bags.

They built a HUGE addon to the Obsidian Sanctum explicitly for Duelers that meet up in WvW. Also, we don’t waste time hunting duelers, we kill them on passing with a high frequency of passing those spots. We do this because duelers tend to “buddy up” with enemy players, and we have observed them allowing enemies to break siege or rez non-dueling enemy players. They even party up and provide intel about commander tag locations and newsworthy communication from the team. They also sit and whine constantly when anybody fights near them. The SMC outter rings are a new hotspot especially with the new “Tomato” siege tactic.

Frankly with the new WvW update though, queuing is crazy. Trying to get into EBG takes upwards of 10 minutes now during daytime on servers that only had that during reset day. Since there exists a designated dueling area, just go there. What’s the harm?

in WvW

Lacuda.8543

So do you really want to take player versus player out of wvw : D

If you just want to hit gates and guards go to EotM, there are no queues.

I’m all for players getting into combat with other players who are playing to the objective. However sitting around in an area dueling over nothing is literally no different than idling, which players get kicked for. I see no difference.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I rather see duelers who know what theyre doing instead of brainless zerglings that needs to be spoonfed ALL the time.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

With ques as they are this is getting out of hand. Furthermore duelers are know to break siege on the nearby wall to “prevent griefing”. Anet gave them an arena in OS, they gave them an arena in guild halls, and of course sPvP. To be dueling in WvW these days has no excuse.

I’m sorry; I really don’t understand this attitude! It seems to me that you are saying that since you want to play WvW “as Anet intended” .. which reads to me as “I want to play the game”, that someone who has as much right (since they too bought the game) to be there and duel doesn’t in fact have that right.

And then you quote several spurious reasons why they cannot.

Anet made OS specially for them. Wrong! OS now was re-designed to pander to the GvG community to shut out their complaints when the outcry began against the Anet employee who griefed the GvG community broke.

Duellers take up queue spaces: And? They want to duel in WvW .. let them.. they have the right to do so.

Duellers should go to PvP: so duellers who want the freedom to gear up how they want (and are constrained by the PvP restrictions) should just put up with it because it’s difficult for karma-trainers to get on EBG?

EBG has always had a strong duelling element. I have no problem with them .. nor am I one of them. In fact .. I find duellers to be the most polite and considerate players (in the main) of all the WvW players ..

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

What the actual reason that duels happening in EBG instead of OS? Blue sky?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Just roll over them with the zerg then. Create gank squads to kill them. WvW is an open game mode, if duelers want to duel in an area the eqvivalent of a pool of acid, that’s their choice. They arent going to stop if you ask them. I cant imagine you will be very popular on the server though.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Read the description of what WvWvW is. This will answer a lot of your questions. Any deviation from that is by your own design and not intended for the original game mode. You create your own problems and expect Anet to fix it.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

Even 5 dudes dueling osnt upsetting q. As a commander if they are in my way they just end up dead. There is no sacred dueling space and if ppl try to make one it doesnt affect whether I roll through that area or not. shrug

in WvW

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Go ahead and gank duelers you’re free to do so. And they’re free to duel and kitten up your back line and tail.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

World versus World (also known as WvW) is a Player versus Player game mode where players from three different servers, or worlds, battle in the Mists. It features open-world combat on five large maps with up to several hundreds of players per map. In World versus World, players can besiege objectives such as Keeps and Towers with siege weapons, and battle over resources, to win rewards for their world and World Experience for themselves.

I’ll just leave this here if you’re to lazy to Google it!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

He has a point, dueling in EBG was no big deal before because most servers were dead so it was the only place with players to duel and you werent likely holding other people up with queues
This is no longer the case. People responding with things like " i have every right to duel here if i want, its my playstyle" are being extremely selfish and self centered. Obsidian sanctum arena was specifically designed for dueling and GvG battles, now that the other maps are actually full if you want to duel you should do it where its intended. Your keeping other people from playing the game the way its intended. They have no choice but to play in EBG or borderlands if they want to actually WvW, you duelers have MULTIPLE different options for dueling, and ones that DONT deprive another player of playtime, yet your still selfishly choosing to take their place in queue to do something you could and SHOULD be doing elsewhere. If theres no queue, then sure, duel all you want in EBG, otherwise your just being a self centered prick

Its essentially the same thing as queueing into a ranked spvp match and then having 2 people run off to the corner of the map dueling without taking the objective, they took the place of people who want to actually play the game mode legit to do something they could be doing somewhere else, its just on a smaller scale and doesnt have as large of an impact, but its still the same concept

in WvW

Posted by: WarHawk.1892

WarHawk.1892

I mean seriously…..lay off on this. Most of us don’t have a home anymore for 3 months. The wins probably don’t mean anything when it comes to settings rankings during this beta period either. I highly highly doubt a bl winning all matches during these 3 months will mean it will be placed against a borderland with a similar win rate afterwards…lol. How would they even do that? Its 2 bl per team. Would both bl share the win rate at the end when they are split? Then they could be fighting against eachother as equals….only one is 3x larger than the other and will eat it whole.

The point of kicking duelers is to allow people who want to join ur zerg into the server faster right? The point of letting people into the zerg faster is to let them have fun…right? Then the point of the game is for each person in the game to enjoy it and have fun. So then why should a zergling’s fun be greater than a dueler’s fun? That’s like saying a player not getting enough kills or not being in the zerg or who is new and isn’t contributing enough should be kicked from the server so someone more desirable can join. It’s a very flawed mindset.

Part1: Oh poor grammar and no point to this entire paragraph.
Part2: So you’re argueing you want to duel on EB because you “can” even though better options are actually available to you. Zergs kill you on EB, you take up their Q – doesn’t happen in the Sanctum. Duelists have a safehaven there, Q a whole map for yourselves if you want, that’s why the old GvGs took place in Sanctum, but no duelists can organize this because you can’t think past me, myself, and I.

This “ruins” your fun because you have to do the duel someplace that doesn’t interfere with 50 other people trying to come through a Q. I guess we can rationalize your “fun” to simply stopping others from enjoying the map because, unlike you, they can’t “WvW” in the Sanctum, Guild Arenas, or PvP.

You’re dueling in EB on your server’s good graces, they’re not playing WvW on yours so no, they have every right to “lay-onto” you as they please.

Commander Pintsize
YouTube
No Fear is Folly; Persevering over Fear is Couragous

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Lol. I see no problem with duelers. It’s quite fun joining their mini-game. They don’t hurt your zerg. They don’t hurt your PPT. If what they do hurts you, you must really suck as a commander.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

K..this is just silly…

So how would anet solbe this problem.

New TOS…
When in WvW players must be only be in groups of 5+ inorder to not violate game,mode.

Anti dueling mechanic….
Players take damage if they are outside of an objective and further than 2k away from 5+ group.

in WvW

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Im roaming and dueling for some years now here in Sfr. No one gives a kitten . Even commanders Just Let us duel while complete zerks passing by. Ofc in every zerk you have no brainers that want to interupt your duel. Thats always funny, cause those who interupt are the ones who getting powned by the guy that they wanted to gank. Then they are screaming things to me like: why didnt you helped?! This is Wvw! Go to Os! Ofcourse I wont ress him, no, I body jump on him till hé wp’d back So in my experience. Only bad no skilled people complaining xD

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

(edited by Hoaxintelligence.4628)

in WvW

Kayberz.5346

Im roaming and dueling for some years now here in Sfr. No one gives a kitten . Even commanders Just Let us duel while complete zerks passing by. Ofc in every zerk you have no brainers that want to interupt your duel. Thats always funny, cause those who interupt are the ones who getting powned. So in my experience. Only bad no skilled people complaining xD

Your experience means nothing, the system CHANGED,players are now in long queues to get into wvw to actually play WVW. The duelers are essentially glorified afkers as far as the game modes objective is concerned, your contributing nothing and preventing an actual contributing player from playing
Of course no one cared about duelers in EBG for the past 3 years, there was no reason to care, but now there is.
No queue? Duel all you want.
Large queue preventing people from playing legit? Go somewhere else and have some common courtesy for your fellow players.

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

I don’t think it’s really an issue unless they are tapping things or messing with siege/dolys. Stomping, ganging up on incoming, flipping sentries etc etc.

Dueling in EBG is like playing basketball in the street though. You keep one eye on the road to make sure you’re not going to get run over.

in WvW

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Im roaming and dueling for some years now here in Sfr. No one gives a kitten . Even commanders Just Let us duel while complete zerks passing by. Ofc in every zerk you have no brainers that want to interupt your duel. Thats always funny, cause those who interupt are the ones who getting powned. So in my experience. Only bad no skilled people complaining xD

Your experience means nothing, the system CHANGED,players are now in long queues to get into wvw to actually play WVW. The duelers are essentially glorified afkers as far as the game modes objective is concerned, your contributing nothing and preventing an actual contributing player from playing
Of course no one cared about duelers in EBG for the past 3 years, there was no reason to care, but now there is.
Large queue preventing people from playing legit? Go somewhere else and have some common courtesy for your fellow players.

A duelers spot in queue is no less important than a zergers. There is no requirement to join a group or do anything. Once I get in I can do. Whatever. I. Want. No matter what anyone says. I don’t even frequently duel, I’m a small man havoc guy that often disrupts duel circles for lols and starting fights. But the amazing arrogance seen here from “real wvwers” is hilarious. Don’t want to wait in queue? Get here sooner stupid, I’m still playing with my slot in EB/BL.

And zergers can gank duelers idc. Just remember they are often a much higher skill level than your average zergling. Don’t complain when they start picking off your tail and back line.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

(edited by BeepBoopBop.5403)

in WvW

Hoaxintelligence.4628

@ Kaybers
Nah you go in Q for 6 hours while Im roaming, dueling, and slacking in EB, :P

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

(edited by Hoaxintelligence.4628)

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Zerg commanders just know there’s nothing we can do about roamers/duelers.

During queue times there is a limited number of population slots. The server that can allocate these slots to the zergs more than roamers will be successful. A server with more roamers than zergers will have ineffective zergs. There wouldn’t be a problem if there was an unlimited population cap but that’s not possible due to technical and balance issues.

Population slots count as a resource that gets consumed. Roamers and duelers consume these slots. They negatively impact zergs by denying them numbers. Duelers have a balanced impact in that they consume a slot on the enemy server as well. If there are people watching the duels then the consumption is no longer balanced. Even a slight number imbalance is enough to sway a zerg v zerg fight. You and your 3 friends watching you duel could be preventing smc and keep captures without even realizing it.

The spirit of the thread is to ask duelers to not consume queue slots by going to locations that are not contested (like borderlands or obsidian sanctum).

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

If all you care about is ppt then go to the bl. You’ll end up flipping more empty structures there.
Duels happen around SM because a lot of the time people start dueling after running into each other while roaming and having a good fight.
A lot of the duelers are the players that have been flipping camps, harassing the enemy back line, stopping their reinforcements, and scouting all day.
Even if all they logged on for was to go hang out by sm so they could fight people… who the kitten cares? WvW is a sandbox and they waited in the same queue as you. Are you really upset you won’t “win” at wvw?

Honestly….. this is such a stupid thread.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

A duelers spot in queue is no less important than a zergers. There is no requirement to join a group or do anything. Once I get in I can do whatever. I. Want. No matter what anyone says. I don’t even duel, I’m a small man havoc guy that often disrupts duel circles for lols and starting fights. But the amazing arrogance seen here from “real wvwers” is hilarious. Don’t want to wait in queue? Get here sooner stupid, I’m still playing with my slot in the BL.

I find it funny that people complain about duelist in the first place. The same people that duel are the ones that take enemy camps, disrupt reinforcement from getting to the main Zerg, kill the Dolly’s to prevent upgrades, and report on the position on enemy movement. So what if they stop by a forgotten corner of the map to do 1v1’s? They’re still serving an important role, much like the small group havoc teams that fight enemy zergs.
If anything people who want to Zerg need to go to EoTM because that was created for you. It’s all PvD, no PvP(which is what WvW is btw) and then you can be happy as cats in a field of catnip.

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Lol……..

There’s many people that enjoy large scale pvp and the teamwork that it requires.

Then there’s people that need to justify running over duelers. I mean you’re a zerg, you’re a train, it’s nothing unusual. Often times I’ll run over people without noticing and vice versa. It just happens; there’s no need to justify it and duelers dueling in a contested area are asking for it. Sure, but honestly I am not sure why one needs to claim the moral high ground, of accusing people of being selfish (Them not accommodating you is selfish, but you not accommodating them… no?) I mean why the vitrol? I mean do you keep tabs on them 24/7? What if they did your PPT 90% of the time and stopped to fight someone?

I mean that behavior is just totally toxic, and it seems that it happens when there needs to be something to blame, like a few people out of the whole map queue are causing failure, when it might, just might be the big zerg’s fault for not being good enough. Back when PvE and WvW were linked more closely, we’d have people going into PvE’ and berate them for not helping. Yep. Very helpful. But then again, if you’re using it to chase down solo players…

tl;dr lol #PPTingin2016

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

A duelers spot in queue is no less important than a zergers. There is no requirement to join a group or do anything. Once I get in I can do whatever. I. Want. No matter what anyone says. I don’t even duel, I’m a small man havoc guy that often disrupts duel circles for lols and starting fights. But the amazing arrogance seen here from “real wvwers” is hilarious. Don’t want to wait in queue? Get here sooner stupid, I’m still playing with my slot in the BL.

I find it funny that people complain about duelist in the first place. The same people that duel are the ones that take enemy camps, disrupt reinforcement from getting to the main Zerg, kill the Dolly’s to prevent upgrades, and report on the position on enemy movement. So what if they stop by a forgotten corner of the map to do 1v1’s? They’re still serving an important role, much like the small group havoc teams that fight enemy zergs.
If anything people who want to Zerg need to go to EoTM because that was created for you. It’s all PvD, no PvP(which is what WvW is btw) and then you can be happy as cats in a field of catnip.

Pretty much this, nobody enters the maps with the sole purpose of dueling all day.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Our server didnt merged and yet we have longer Q’s then normal. Maybe cause of the pve people that want to farm those silly reward tracks no one cares about? Just guessing
Even If it was cause of pve people, i still wont care, as long as I can roam free Im happy

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in WvW

Posted by: QuickRain.4735

QuickRain.4735

Its funny tho Duelers are more useful then regular Zerglings when Duelers decide to help partake in the Bigger Fights that may occur
Ex.
Zerglings instant die
Duelers live kill a few and then die

in WvW

Kayberz.5346

(Them not accommodating you is selfish, but you not accommodating them… no?)

The difference is they DONT NEED accommodation, if they want to duel they can go to any number of places including # guild halls, obsidian sanctum, a non queued borderland, edge of the mists #. A player actually trying to do zerg vs zerg fights and capture player contested objectives in EBG has no choice but to wait in the queue for that specific map

Duelers have a choice to not inconvenience other people, yet they choose the selfish option because no one can stop them

in WvW

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

The difference is they DONT NEED accommodation, if they want to duel they can go to any number of places including # guild halls, obsidian sanctum, a non queued borderland, edge of the mists #. A player actually trying to do zerg vs zerg fights and capture player contested objectives in EBG has no choice but to wait in the queue for that specific map

Duelers have a choice to not inconvenience other people, yet they choose the selfish option because no one can stop them

And the same people that want to do ZergvZerg can go to EoTM, OS, guild halls, etc. want to take contested objectives? Eotm. Or PvE both have that.
I mean, your argument is flawed because it goes both ways. I’ll say it again, a duelist is a roamer, roamers flip camps, interupt enemy movements, tracks zergs, kill Dolly’s and such that a Zerg isn’t going to be doing because it’s supposed to be taking the towers and keeps and it moves more efficiently if the camps are already taken.
No one here is complaining how people in zergs like to hump open field siege, only do PvE stuff etc because they’re playing how they want.
Let it be

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

They made the Obsidian Sanctum Arena explicitly for duelers. Come on guys, the EBG queue is through the roof on most servers right now. It really is becoming a matter of griefing if one of the reasons the queue is so high is because of the mass amount of players detrimentally dueling in mid-map locations.

We run all our zergs with a kill on sight rule of thumb for duelers. If you guys wanna do it, go to OS. That, or go to the wonderfully unused Oasis sections of the BL maps. Nobody, not even zergs go there.

lol thought they made OS Arena for gvg’s? not explicitly for duelers.

Anyways wvw is a pvp mode, all types of pvp players run in there, solo, duo, groups, zergs, duelers, gankers, gvg’ers, ppt’ers, defenders, etc. Players play what they want, when they want, wherever they want, however they want, and you have no right telling anyone else otherwise.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

I’ll throw my PoV about the “Duelers”. If you don’t go through with a full “Death or Stomp” for PPK, you’re wasting precious pixels!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Kayberz.5346

Also, there is a difference between a ROAMER actually capping camps and checkpoints while picking off stray players and KILLING them vs a dueler who just stands there outside smc 1v1ing til down state then letting them get back up.
The roamers actually contribute, thats an actual legitimate wvw playstyle

PS: dueling is FINE if there is no queue, but the moment your taking someone elses spot on the map that is actually trying to play the mode the way its intended is when you start being a problem

(edited by Kayberz.5346)

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

You must think that dueling is something that is planned. Most of my duels start if I 1v1 someone and it’s a good fight I don’t stomp them.
If people like me are such an inconvenience you do have the option to just run me over. I warn you though if you are on the enemy team I will spend the rest of my evening ganking your stragglers and being a general nuisance. Far more damage than me dueling.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

You must think that dueling is something that is planned. Most of my duels start if I 1v1 someone and it’s a good fight I don’t stomp them.
If people like me are such an inconvenience you do have the option to just run me over. I warn you though if you are on the enemy team I will spend the rest of my evening ganking your stragglers and being a general nuisance. Far more damage than me dueling.

At least then you’ll be productive if you kill them, lol.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Flamealchemist.2681

Flamealchemist.2681

Well I for one don’t care. Anyone who is in wvw is there for a reason and if the queues are there now, you shouldn’t complain now. Atleast there is coverage.
And if you disagree on pvpers dueling in eb, same could be said about all of you, there are three more maps where you can go and ppt. Please don’t criticise others because they don’t like the things you love.

By the way anet should close this thread, reason is little to none found in the statements put forward by the OP.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

They made the DBL explicitly for Zergers. Come on guys, the EBG queue is through the roof on most servers right now. It really is becoming a matter of griefing if one of the reasons the queue is so high is because of the mass amount of zerglings avoiding the Borderlands.

So true.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Perhaps they have exhausted those options? Do people maliciously wait hours in queue to prevent others from joining?

And yea, I view people dictating who is more important without any objective criteria to be selfish as being a bit selfish as well. Appealing to the supposedly impacted people of which probably consists of a chunk of people that are most likely of zero importance to you beyond this argument is just a cheap appeal to emotion argument.

It is honestly fine if you hate them for making you wait in queue. I just find it disingenous to speak beyond that in terms of scope.

And to me, with this being an aging game with a declining population that is only recently seen a resurgence I don’t think exclusion is particularly healthy.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

So you’ll build all the siege, pay for it too, refresh it every hour for hours and hours, scout, get zero loot, while I’m sitting in queue for an hour for taking five minutes to duel in OS and keep up on my skills so I can defend with a handful of people?

Ok.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Hah, he thinks OS was built for duelers.
Oh, you cutie, you.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

As far as queue times, duelers at least raise their level of play via practice and sometimes do some roaming or havoc. People standing around at spawn afk would be the dead queue spots.

Duelers can also act a bit like scouts.

in WvW

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Most duelers are roamers who finally found a fight, rather then being ran over by a zerg…

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I really do not mind duelers in WvW just as long as they do not think they entitled to be ignored by others. I do not concur that they take anothers spot but if they are in there dueling there should be no QQ if dueling and another passes by and takes them out. No QQ if dueling and a Zerg runs them over. No QQ if near death or downed while dueling and another passing by finishes humps in and downs them. If on the other side, expect to be a target.

People mention how duelists act as scouts or flip camps. Well thats part of the problem. If one is dueling and sneaks out to flip a camp one should not expect “sanctuary” because said person flipped a camp between duels or downed a yak while waiting for a duel. I myself tend to leave duelists be but if they are acting as scouts, flipping camps killing Dolyaks and the like during or between duels then they are always FAIR game even if in the midst of one of those duels , as far as I am concerend.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in WvW

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I don’t duel, I just have a hard time stomping, and some down state mechanics are op wink wink*

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Surely duelers can duel wherever and however they want. But please don’t cry like a baby every time you got run over by some zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

If 3 to 7 people doing things elsewhere are stopping your blob from winning fights and getting stuff done then your blob sucks and shifting blame won’t better your situation.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Duelers can duel if they want. Anyone else can interrupt their duels and kill them if they want.

Pretty simple.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Much in the same way duelers overtook the scene over the last year or so, zergs, large roaming groups and stationary gank squads have emerged with this beta and everyone must adjust.

Before, you’d have a situation of 1 server, learning and respecting (or not respecting) who’s dueling. Now you have 2 servers with duelers on both sides wanting to duel outside SM? SM, that’s regular patrolled by groups and zergs from 6 different servers? No one is going to stop and ask every time if it’s a duel, no one has time to, and by my estimation, the enemies that stand out in those spots now are not dueling or waiting to duel, they are ganking straglers, roamers and pepole wanting to duel. The rules have changed! Roamers must now take the long way or any way they can find through the waiting gank squads or Inc zergs and duelists must find some place else for a 1v1, it’s simple logic.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination