Where are the new WvW content?

in WvW

Posted by: cpchow.7416

cpchow.7416

Are they going to deliver a 33% finish expansion? I didn’t see any information of WvW and PvP. Isn’t mount is more important than WvW and PvP? Are you kidding me? Why rush the sale of the new expansion before the WvW overhaul? I feel so bad because of the memory of a game call ‘Diablo 3’. Rush the sales with incomplete content and lost 99% of their supporters.

in WvW

Posted by: aragonx.7508

aragonx.7508

1. rush the sale of the new expansion
  2. Rush the sales with incomplete content and lost 99% of their supporters.

Agree 100% – the always the same, lost lot of players.

I dont play this game, for me it is dead. ( i play only WvW, and when the # Heart of Thorns killed the WvW )

My guild with 70+ players, ALL left the game.

Good luck all.

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Still no delivery on some of the promises with the sale of HoT, too. Don’t forget that one.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The competitive potential of this game has been pretty much wasted at this point.

Unless they came up with a fully polished GvG implementation there is little hat can be done to bring back all the competitive players they’ve lost.

WvW will just consist of zergs farming for rewards instead of guild having interesting fights using unique strategies like in the first 2 years.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

I don’t think you guys quite understand the direction they are going with.

Expansions are for pve content, new pve zones, masteries, and introducing new weapons and specializations to the game. It’s their biggest base of players and they will make their money in this area of the game. It was never about releasing equal sized content for pve wvw and pvp, I don’t know where you got that idea from, it’s not “33%” complete.

Content made for PVP and WVW are released for free, when they are ready and not going to be held for an expansion, including maps if they ever develop another one for wvw, you don’t need HoT to play on the desert borderland.

The only exception is you need the HoT expansion to use the new specs in wvw, mastery for auto loot, and the shield gens, this time you will only need it for the new specs with PoF.

There is no “big overhaul” coming, parts of that already shipped, get over it already.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

The competitive potential of this game has been pretty much wasted at this point.

Unless they came up with a fully polished GvG implementation there is little hat can be done to bring back all the competitive players they’ve lost.

WvW will just consist of zergs farming for rewards instead of guild having interesting fights using unique strategies like in the first 2 years.

That seems like a client-side issue.

Just last night my guild had insanely fun fights using great strategies and positioning to annihilate our enemies of equal or greater numbers. Both in the BL’s and in EBG.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I hear what the OP is saying but 9 new masteries is a giant new content update to WvW and sPvP. Even better if it is on par with HoT masteries and not mostly necessary for meta play.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Are they going to deliver a 33% finish expansion? I didn’t see any information of WvW and PvP. Isn’t mount is more important than WvW and PvP? Are you kidding me? Why rush the sale of the new expansion before the WvW overhaul? I feel so bad because of the memory of a game call ‘Diablo 3’. Rush the sales with incomplete content and lost 99% of their supporters.

WvW & PvP updates are no longer part of the expansions. It will be delivered through live updates aka unscheduled content patch.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

I realize I mispelled related. But kitten it.

I don’t have any empty threats about leaving the game. I don’t have a long rant. I’m not even going to pretend that I am surprised. Honestly, I knew this would happen. I will be here until they bury this game, but I am thoroughly disappointed. How about you?

[varX] Limitless Potential

(edited by Brutal Augus.5917)

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

WvW & PvP updates are no longer part of the expansions. It will be delivered through live updates aka unscheduled content patch.

But what would be included by most logical PR folks in the expansion announcement would be to announce that at approximately the same time as the expansion’s release, x y and z are going to be coming at around the same time so that we could enjoy some shiny new WvW content with these fun new specializations.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

new wvw content inc in 4th expansion

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Their tiny wvw team still needs another year to add in that additional reward track.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

lol you ungrateful lot.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

But what would be included by most logical PR folks in the expansion announcement would be to announce that at approximately the same time as the expansion’s release, x y and z are going to be coming at around the same time so that we could enjoy some shiny new WvW content with these fun new specializations.

They no longer want to over promise things and not deliver at a timely manner, just look at HOT. Which is why the price, the amount of content for that amount of price.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

They never talk about future updates, you guys must be new or something to expecting anything different.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

wvw doesn’t get anything (other than a new reward track basically a rework of spvp).

pve gets new fractals, raids, maps etc.

If people don’t realise by now that wvw is a total sideshow and pve is their entire focus, I can’t help you.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Im pretty sure ANet stated before that they wont hold anything PvP/WvW related for expansions. We will get the updates to these game modes when they become available.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

As several people mentioned, and Mo mentioned in the AMA, we release on our own cadence and will continue to release updates for WvW outside of the expansion release.

I also wanted to let everyone know that today is all about announcing the expansion, but later this week we will be talking about some of the upcoming updates for WvW.

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

As several people mentioned, and Mo mentioned in the AMA, we release on our own cadence and will continue to release updates for WvW outside of the expansion release.

I also wanted to let everyone know that today is all about announcing the expansion, but later this week we will be talking about some of the upcoming updates for WvW.

Awesome, you the man McKenna

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

So as always no real WvW updates or fixes, as usual.
But again, just before a DLC release, sorry expansion, they will release some QoL improvements to make it seem they are again going to work on WvW, to get us to buy the DLC, I mean expansion.

QoL improvements before a DLC release, TICK
We cant talk about it TICK
Soon™ TICK!

we release on our own cadence

As before, you cant release something you dont have!

(edited by DevilishLyx.2340)

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

That would be WOman!

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Pls nerf condis ty.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

At least they replied. Doesn’t really say much though. They’ve been releasing wvw content on their own “cadence” the entire time. It’s just been an extremely slooooow cadence. We’ll see what happens later this week but I’m not holding my breath. Either way, I know I’m going to buy the expansion no matter what happens just to stay up to par with the elite specs.

(edited by Brutal Augus.5917)

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

1. We got the major changes already

2. Not everything got revealed yet, be patient.

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

We got nothing that could be called major content.

We didn’t even get legendary armor, with swappable stats where it’s needed the most.
We got very delayed real auto loot, and legendary back item.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

That would be WOman!

Opps, my bad. Please don’t Ban me :p

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

We didn’t even get legendary armor, with swappable stats where it’s needed the most.

We can’t earn legendary weapons in wvw either, and it’s been 5 years, why no complaints about that?

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Pls balance your game, ty.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Thanks McKenna, good to know

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

Someone is hitting like a wet noodle.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

You’re comparing 25stacks of might, Assassin’s Signet, Full Berserkers, and I’ve already lost interest in this reply. Onwards! To the next thread!

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Jana.6831

you do get that it’s in and out and that I’m fighting the same guy with 2,5k damage who’kittenting me for 5+k, right?
I’m a valk/zerker – basically full zerker and playing against some cavalier’s guy – and that stuff isn’t balanced since june 2015 – and that is my major issue with this game.

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

We can’t earn legendary weapons in wvw either, and it’s been 5 years, why no complaints about that?

There have been plenty complaints about that.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

Thank you for the answer.
It’s with this recent post in the AMA that my concern has been risen, and I hope you can address it:
With a full on expansion scope and budget there is simply much more that you guys can do (Maps, mechanics, etc…) and this “Live updates only” announcement raises a concern for me that WvW updates will forever be bound to a limited live-update scope.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

You’re comparing 25stacks of might, Assassin’s Signet, Full Berserkers, and I’ve already lost interest in this reply. Onwards! To the next thread!

Oh you’re right, that thief is the only one that can pull that off. Please buff thieves along with their upcoming long range sniper rifle. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Oh you’re right, that thief is the only one that can pull that off. Please buff thieves along with their upcoming long range sniper rifle. Thank you.

I’d have to agree with you on this. I’m relatively tanky on my thief and still hit everyone for 8k+ backstabs. With the exception of druids of course with their 89088748617 passive abilities and crapton of damage reduction. So, unless its a broken druid you’re fighting, you should be hitting alot harder unless your build is crap. If i can backstab people for 8k in maruaders gear with defender runes…..yeah.

in WvW

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

Cadence: The flow or rhythm of events. The beat, rate, or measure of any rhythmic movement.

WvW Development “Cadence” is the equivalent to stretching a bad pop song out over the course of 5 or so years and occasionally you get some bad synth line where you force yourself to hear it only because you’re stubborn and want it to go somewhere.

My obvious cynicism aside, I would love to hear about some cool stuff for WvW. Right now we’re In J Biebs Condi Meta Chorus.

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

Cadence: The flow or rhythm of events. The beat, rate, or measure of any rhythmic movement.

WvW Development “Cadence” is the equivalent to stretching a bad pop song out over the course of 5 or so years and occasionally you get some bad synth line where you force yourself to hear it only because you’re stubborn and want it to go somewhere.

My obvious cynicism aside, I would love to hear about some cool stuff for WvW. Right now we’re In J Biebs Condi Meta Chorus.

How wonderfully appropriate. The condi meta right now does feel like listening to modern pop music. Although i would compare listening Beiber more to a Pulmonary Impact than I would to condis, unless you count torment and confusion. Can we go back to rock or metal Anet? Please bring back Metallica meta! Thanks to you I will now forever refer to a skill based power meta to the Metallica meta.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I’d have to agree with you on this. I’m relatively tanky on my thief and still hit everyone for 8k+ backstabs. With the exception of druids of course with their 89088748617 passive abilities and crapton of damage reduction. So, unless its a broken druid you’re fighting, you should be hitting alot harder unless your build is crap. If i can backstab people for 8k in maruaders gear with defender runes…..yeah.

Pfft you just outplayed them, clearly.

in WvW

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

is all about the expansion.. that has absolutely NO NEWS FOR WVW COMMUNITY..

yay.. cant wait to purchase it.
#NOTTT!

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

here is the new WvW content:
enjoy their mockery

Attachments:

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Jana.6831

Come to think of it: If the only reason for wvw players to buy the expansion is that the new elites are that OP that without you you don’t stand a chance, and if the new elites only suit their respective weapons (or D/P in thieve’s case because anet don’t get that the set itself is OP) : Then I am forced to play a certain set and that’s the opposite of “play how you want”. If you boil all of it down it’s really so sad.

in WvW

Jana.6831

You didn’t get the point. But other than that the skill level of the players has dramatically fallen the past 2 years, so they don’t understand what ‘balance’ even is. So, I don’t blame you – just jump on the ‘NERF THIEVES’ bandwagon every chance you get – the word ‘thief’ is enough – although technically 99,9% of them are daredevils.

in WvW

Jana.6831

I was fighting a warrior who likely had some tanky gear, with some tanky runes and some tanky traits – so yeah – I should be hitting a lot harder, giving that he hit me harder than I hit him while he’s got a healthpool which is +1.5 times my healthpool. Just go out and play thief some more to see whether or not you hit everybody for 8k or if your build is crap.

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

I was fighting a warrior who likely had some tanky gear, with some tanky runes and some tanky traits – so yeah – I should be hitting a lot harder, giving that he hit me harder than I hit him while he’s got a healthpool which is +1.5 times my healthpool. Just go out and play thief some more to see whether or not you hit everybody for 8k or if your build is crap.

Oh well, my bad then. You should have stated it was against a warrior. they may be subpar in pvp, but still broken af in wvw. Warrior, mes, and druid have all been stupidly broken and zero effort required, braindead gameplay for quite awhile now. What is risk vs reward? those 3 classes sure as hell don’t know the definition of that, atleast in wvw. But hey, they suck in other modes so its ok for them to be stupidly overpowered in wvw right? -cough-separate balance for all 3 modes-cough-

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Please show us on the doll where the warrior, mesmer and ranger touched you.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Extremely skeptical about this…

The “competive month” that was supposed to be all about patches and changes to competitive game modes brought barely nothing to WvW with all the supposed “hype”.

Now don’t get me wrong, the ascended items for WvW and the legendary backpiece are certainly a plus, but the pip acquisition is mediocre and the skirmish chests rewards are laughable.

Now add that to the fact that this was the highlight update of the “Competitive Month Feature Pack”, the absolute lack of WvW stuff in the expansion release draws a very despairing picture to the future of WvW.

We will see if this is a wrong impression, but I seriously don’t believe that there will be any worthwhile news this week.

My money stays safe in my wallet and if all I have to look forward with the expansion is “Condi Powercreep to the Max!”, my time will also go to another game.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Do something for roamers in wvw,and start looking at downstate already its carrying way too hard.

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

You didn’t get the point. But other than that the skill level of the players has dramatically fallen the past 2 years, so they don’t understand what ‘balance’ even is. So, I don’t blame you – just jump on the ‘NERF THIEVES’ bandwagon every chance you get – the word ‘thief’ is enough – although technically 99,9% of them are daredevils.

Sorry but it’s hard to take any thief seriously when they talk about another class’s damage, when they have the potential to be the top damage dealer and top mobile class in the game. That warriors damage didn’t look that bad to me, only one attack was over 5k the rest were mid 2k crits, I’m sure you even had time to reset the fight if needed.

Other than that yes balance has been a mess since the expansion, NO CLASS should be able to 2 shot any class, and conditions with passives along with the stat combinations have really screwed up balance. I don’t expect that will change with the next expansion.