White Sword Removal Very Helpful

in WvW

Posted by: Mitch the Fish.1947

Mitch the Fish.1947

With the white swords gone the smaller guilds in all of Tier 1 now have a chance to show just how useful they can be. Instead of forcing servers to blob up in order to defend then now have to spread out which makes the game much more fair for all size groups to both attack and defend. Personally my guild is a havoc guild and now we have the capability to not only attack waypointed structures but if the scouts are not paying attaention we regularly capture them. Scouts now actually have to pay attaention to all the sneakier places for siege units to be placed instead of just semi-afk and wait for swords to pop then start looking. That being said ArenaNet should definately work out a reward system of some kind for those who ACTIVELY scout and find havoc teams being sneaky.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

One idea Ive had on the scouting thing would be an item a scout could get at the quartermaster. Upon use it puts up a dark red circle on the map and makes an announcement stating how many of what server are in the scouts current Line of Sight. At that point whatever force that has been “scouted” receives a 10 minute debuff that cant be removed. Only one debuff from one scout can be active on a target at once. From then on whenever one of those players die the original scout recieves a small xp,gold,and karma reward. Effectively rewarding them for telling a larger force where the enemy was and leading them to the target.

Ghost Yak

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

With the white swords gone the smaller guilds in all of Tier 1 now have a chance to show just how useful they can be. Instead of forcing servers to blob up in order to defend then now have to spread out which makes the game much more fair for all size groups to both attack and defend. Personally my guild is a havoc guild and now we have the capability to not only attack waypointed structures but if the scouts are not paying attaention we regularly capture them. Scouts now actually have to pay attaention to all the sneakier places for siege units to be placed instead of just semi-afk and wait for swords to pop then start looking. That being said ArenaNet should definately work out a reward system of some kind for those who ACTIVELY scout and find havoc teams being sneaky.

This. I experienced the same thing and I’m on tier 6-7.

It’s a good change.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

It’s a good change.

I absolutely agree.

The problem as I see it, is that players posting here are simply crying because the game doesn’t tell them where everyone on the enemy team is anymore, instead of having them break into smaller groups and do a little thing commonly known as “searching”.

everyone posted crying about “blobs”, and “zergs”, now everyone is crying about not wanting to pull out of the zerg and actually roam around and “look” for the enemy. Then they want to make snide comments towards Anet.

Danged if you do, danged if you don’t, when it comes to the forums.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

The problem as I see it, is that players posting here are simply crying because the game doesn’t tell them where everyone on the enemy team is anymore, instead of having them break into smaller groups and do a little thing commonly known as “searching”.

Oh ya. Nothing says buttloads of fun like a group spending 20-30 minutes tracking down another group only to have to start all over again after one of them is wiped.

GW2 Best Cross Country Running Simulator 2014

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

coglin.1867

Oh ya. Nothing says buttloads of fun like a group spending 20-30 minutes tracking down another group only to have to start all over again after one of them is wiped.

Some of use are intelligent enough to deduce locations based on patterns on the map, without taking 30 minutes to turn over every rock.

Simply because a change doesn’t serve your personal needs, doesn’t mean it is bad for everyone else. Stop following the blob and only sending one group out and have everyone form smaller, more cohesive groups.

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

yes, so the 10% of the group that finds the other group can have fun.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Since the change, it’s been hilariously easy avoiding the enemy zerg and just choo choo the night away.

FL #1 Karma Train guild OCX

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

It’s a good change.

I absolutely agree.

everyone posted crying about “blobs”, and “zergs”, now everyone is crying about not wanting to pull out of the zerg and actually roam around and “look” for the enemy. Then they want to make snide comments towards Anet.

Thats not true. I don’t zerg and I have a much harder time finding enemies now. Yes, sometimes there are clues to where the enemies might be going but thats only if they want to. It’s too easy to avoid being detected.

also, thats only part of the problem. I’d often attack stuff just to call enemies to fight me or my group when wvw is slower. “ringing the doorbell” we’d call it. Now we just stare at each other till someone says -meh I’ll go play dragon age instead, this is boring- .

white sword removal didn’t bring anything good to wvw. the op saying he caps undefended stuff is exactly the kind of thing thats bores us to death. I’d much rather have a fight vs players than fight structures.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

It’s a good change.

I absolutely agree.

You guys are completely misinformed on why people hate this change. First, for fights-oriented players, this change makes finding enemies or drawing enemies to yourself very difficult. Second, for PPT-oriented players, this makes defending near impossible on the outnumbered server. This change greatly benefits the larger server, or servers that have enough people to scout (and not just because they can build waypoints, which is another major flaw).

Here’s the situation for pretty much all servers under T2:

(A) You split up your zerg so you can scout your structures. However, in doing so, you lack the manpower to efficiently recap lost structures or to defend against a zerg hitting the structure you were scouting. Even if you put a tell in map chat, in order to push the zerg off, you’ll have to pull scouts from your other structures, leading to situation (B), described below.

(B) You group your players together so that you can recap lost structures quickly and defend against a few attacks. However, in doing so, you lack scouts for the other structures on your map, which are quickly capped since you have no idea they’re being hit.

Most servers simply don’t have enough players to be able to both scout and defend/recap, especially during offhours. The way you talk about this suggests you’re on one of the privileged servers that have enough players for both, but this is the minority of servers in the game.

TL;DR: No one is complaining because this change makes them split up from a zerg. People are complaining because this change discourages fights, benefits the larger server, and makes defense impossible for most servers in the game.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

This game would be a better game if we don’t have those “It is a good change, because I am enjoying even if the rest of the universe suffers” people.

And because of such people, ANet won’t bring back white swords.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

It’s a good change if you like karma training and avoiding fights. That’s all. Everyone should hate it, and rightfully so. It brings less fights, reduces map awareness, forces players into scouting (an awful boring role). And more or less casts a fog of war on the map. If ANet thinks that’s more fun, well, it’ll take some time to adjust. White swords have been so important for so long is pretty tough trying to defend without them

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

It’s good change if you like pvd- for which you could have just gone and joined eoTM for the karma train. For less populated servers and those that actually want to fight against other human controlled toons, it’s a disaster.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

It was only good if you like k training and not fights. No fights no fun

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It’s a good change if you like karma training and avoiding fights. That’s all. Everyone should hate it, and rightfully so. It brings less fights, reduces map awareness, forces players into scouting (an awful boring role). And more or less casts a fog of war on the map. If ANet thinks that’s more fun, well, it’ll take some time to adjust. White swords have been so important for so long is pretty tough trying to defend without them

Spot on, exactly as peoepl predicted.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

I’m on T3. Found the change refreshing to say the least. Even though we came a distant second, it gave our server the opportunity to cap the winning server’s territory. Before this change, they would have come along with their zerg/blob & steam rolled us. Heck, we even got lord room gates down in their keep before the blob overwhelmed us. No way this would have happened in the past.
The non white swords are going to have little impact on PPT. It does make life a lot easier for servers with smaller populations to roam & cap without being wiped 90% of the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

This was working already before. More small groups atttacking different object at same time were more effective ppt wise, then one big group. This update just made caps easy, but for the prize of less fights. For me personally PvDing the objects w/o any rezistance is just boring. I play WvW mainly for the fights, specially epic fights for keeps.

Stronger servers won’t let you cap keeps anyway, since they see wp being contested. It’s the other way around, stronger servers will keep your stuff wooden all day long, since you can’t even see them coming and call for help unless you have army of scouts watching every destroyeable wall and gate of each struckture. Enjoy your small caps while you lose your entire home map. This update favors PvE part of WvW, but who the hell likes that?

in WvW

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

I agree with you all the way OP makes for small scale skill based fights vs large scale numbers fights. +1

in WvW

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

The no white swords is only temporary, they will be back in January when the sneak attack event is over.

Jade Quarry since Beta

in WvW

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I agree, op. Until people learn that the Zerg has to split up, small groups are going to be k training up the whazzu.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Removing swords is completely sucks

Let look to the WvW now: it’s really true take’n’lost trains only. Nobody trying to upgrade or defend - it’s not worth.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Removing swords is completely sucks

Let look to the WvW now: it’s really true take’n’lost trains only. Nobody trying to upgrade or defend – it’s not worth.

Bull

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in WvW

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

I’m also in a T1 havoc guild and…..this is very far from a good change.

Before this quite often on upgraded structures BG and JQ would have a map hoping group of 20-40 keeping an eye on the map to jump back and check swords. This was a good thing because you could use 1 player to tap a keep repeatedly, drawing the zerg to check, after 6-10 taps they would decide you were just a roamer and not bother. At which point the havoc team could flip a T3 hills easy.

Now they just sentry everything to death removing any smart play other than coordinating attacks with your local map blob.

Additionally the loss of white swords removes the option to try and draw some heat off your zerg by taping gari or a keep.

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in WvW

Posted by: Decado.9304

Decado.9304

I like some aspects of the change but I think it needs to change and not be an all or nothing situation.

Possibly having swords dependant on the tier of the tower so that there is incentive to upgrade or linked to the number of attackers etc. I do like the lack of swords but think we need to have a halfway implementation that promotes small group play over blobbing.

In the same vein I’d also bring back bannering the Lord and have that and the siege disablers on an increasingly longer and longer cool down so that you can’t chain them.

There’s merits to each of these mechanics but I think there needs to be balance between them all instead of e current on/off system

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

ya i like the change so far . have been finding a bunch of small fights …

and if u try to take some thing u dont have the blob instantly come to your position and steam roll your small group as easy

but there is 2 things i would like to see ….

1)white swords for the outnumbered buff

2)or white swords for a guild owing a castle or camp

(edited by caveman.5840)

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

It sure is helpful at allowing groups to take structures with absolutely no competition from the enemy servers. But my small havoc/roaming squad finds this all very boring and lifeless.

I guess the removal of white swords is enjoyable for people who play for PPT and/or karma/wxp trains. But it’s pretty horrible for those of us that love interacting with enemy servers.

Gandara

in WvW

caveman.5840

i think the worst part is the off hours when u dont have as many people to scout

but we have way more people using map chat for telling people whats going on
and people are spread out enough to respond quickly most of the time

in WvW

coglin.1867

white sword removal didn’t bring anything good to wvw. the op saying he caps undefended stuff is exactly the kind of thing thats bores us to death. I’d much rather have a fight vs players than fight structures.

Perfect. Then have i got a deal for you. It is calle sPvP. Specifically designed arounf points that are not structures, and fighting other players.

By the way, I really liked you on the podcast you used to participate in, but stop using the words “us” and “we”. No one voted or elected you, or empowered you, to speak for others here. We have differing opinions, and that is fine. But drop the attempts to give you opinion more weight then others, by implying that you speak for anyone other then yourself.

You guys are completely misinformed on why people hate this change.

No my friend you are mistaken. I am well informed. It appears that because I (and appearently other posters) see things with a different view, that we are misinformed. The fact that you approach our different views in such a manner, is evidence that you are the one approaching the debate uninformed.

This game would be a better game if we don’t have those “It is a good change, because I am enjoying even if the rest of the universe suffers” people.

Yeah, because clearly they are evil for disagreeing with you. There is an old saying, that the definition of true evil, is to condemn those with different opinions.

It’s a good change if you like karma training and avoiding fights.

Wait, are you suggesting there were no karma trains before? I can gladly link you thread upon thread upon thread in which poster after poster complained how karma trains were killing WvW before this week.

It’s good change if you like pvd- for which you could have just gone and joined eoTM for the karma train. For less populated servers and those that actually want to fight against other human controlled toons, it’s a disaster.

I am finding plenty of fights. I am having difficulty understanding why you are not?

Everyone was already claiming it was a karma train before, whats different now?

Don’t like taking keeps? Dislike walls and doors? sPvP is that way——->

(edited by coglin.1867)

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Megablobs just facerolled everything with or without white sword and sent back 1 people to check whites. Now little teams have a chance.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

caveman.5840

if they r in a mega blob than there is places not being watched !

in WvW

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

It’s a good change.

I absolutely agree.

Well – it may depend on how your server and opponents play the game. Over here it is usually one big enemy zerg that has fun killing players and tearing down structures. They do not build – they just run Karma trains. If we put spotters everywhere we lose our offensive as our biggest “zerg” usually consists of 15 people.

Assuming you need 5 to do proper scouting we lose 1/3 of our offensive potential and we become way more predictable because after every siege it’s mat-gathering time.

Good change … I don’t think so – especially when you’re being constantly outnumbered as we are and are up against at least one opponent who’s only playing in a destructive style.

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

in WvW

coglin.1867

It’s a good change.

I absolutely agree.

Well – it may depend on how your server and opponents play the game. Over here it is usually one big enemy zerg that has fun killing players and tearing down structures. They do not build – they just run Karma trains. If we put spotters everywhere we lose our offensive as our biggest “zerg” usually consists of 15 people.

Why would you put spotters everywhere? if they are moving only as one mass, do you not have a single player capable of tracking the blob? your smaller force can split up and flip multiple properties, without white sword to tattle on you. If they are staying in a blob, they can only stop one of you from your goal.

Assuming you need 5 to do proper scouting we lose 1/3 of our offensive potential and we become way more predictable because after every siege it’s mat-gathering time.

Again, why would you need 5 to scout 1 blob? you can split into 4 groups of 4 and take 4 keeps at once, their blob can only be in one place at one time. You claim they are sticking together, so by your telling of it, they are not scouting.

Good change … I don’t think so – especially when you’re being constantly outnumbered as we are and are up against at least one opponent who’s only playing in a destructive style.

You don’t think so, I get that. But I do. Particularly after you explain your problem as justification for you perspective, and all I see, is a bad strategy for the situation. They made a change to the game, yet your doing things exactly as I understand that everyone did it before. That is how I see it anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Like taking Keeps? Like walls and doors? Dislike fights? EOTM is that way —-—>

in WvW

coglin.1867

Like taking Keeps? Like walls and doors? Dislike fights? EOTM is that way —-—>

That would be helpful if I suggested I disliked fights. If your going to mimic another, and be unoriginal, have the common courtesy not to be dishonest about it my friend.

What I find interesting. Is that everyone expect to be able to make repeated “cry cry cry, they took away my white swords” threads, but if those with a different perspective try to have a discussion, we are berated, attacked for it, and have accusation tossed our way, as well as disingenuous posters putting words in our mouths.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in WvW

HtFde.3856

And because of such people, ANet won’t bring back white swords.

You don’t actually need the white swords as they were. You could use a sentry turret like in EotM that needs replacing every half hour or hour. Nake it buyable with badges only and it’d be a neat compromise … plant your sentries … get informed where enemies are (not, ahem, what they do ^^) and you have something that is different from what it was before but maaaaaybe a bit more interesting because you could use enemy sentries to, ehem, mislead your opponents.

in WvW

HtFde.3856

Why would you put spotters everywhere? if they are moving only as one mass, do you not have a single player capable of tracking the blob? your smaller force can split up and flip multiple properties, without white sword to tattle on you. If they are staying in a blob, they can only stop one of you from your goal.

We play different games … apparently you never payed to upgrade a keep or a camp else you wouldn’t ask that question which basically means you have tons of gold to throw away on updated structures that get torn down because you have one (!) man trying to cover (a) your third of eternal or (b) your complete homelands.

And – yes – a zerg of 30+ will destroy a fully upgraded structure if you just happen to be on the far side of the map and don’t spot them when they are arriving.

in WvW

HtFde.3856

Again, why would you need 5 to scout 1 blob? you can split into 4 groups of 4 and take 4 keeps at once, their blob can only be in one place at one time. You claim they are sticking together, so by your telling of it, they are not scouting.

Which is only partially right because there’s always people coming from the spawn points and taking keeps with 4 people is … wehell … suicide- at least during busy hours.

The other point – I posted that before – is that you apparently do not have any intention of ever upgrading a structure – you’re advocation EotM playstyle … cap, run to next objective, cap, run to next and never stop to defend – just run from objetive to objective, karma, champ bags … yay!!!!!

That is, what EotM is for, however – WvW could be played in a different style – the “white sword change”, hoewever, seems to bring EotM playstyle to the borderlands.

in WvW

caveman.5840

if anything people may try to train right now because of the magic find buff/ wvw exp buff

but sounds like u just have a bad wvw match up

(edited by caveman.5840)

in WvW

HtFde.3856

if anything people may try to train right now because of the magic find buff/ wvw exp buff

Not sure if that was directed at me but – you’re wrong

(a) Our matchup is quite fine – we’re nicely ahead but I know how much harder we have to work for it …

(b) The train is the direct consequence of the sword removal. There is much less chance for the train to run into an organised defense – that’s why the train is running. There never has been a “special” reward for EotM but it’s hugely popular by PvE style players – lots and lots of rank points (what a joke), badges and champ bags …

Borderland WvW was a less healthy playground for those players because you ran into danger of meeting a well organized defense. With the swords gone most of the time we ju-hust managed to arrive in force with the enemy already exchanging blows with the lord …

I actually fear the change will lose ArenNet even more players … for the choo-choo loooooot bag type of players there are the trains in Cursed Shore and Frostgorge Sound. For those who want to brag that they do PvP (har har) there’s EotM.

Borderland WvW so far was for those players wo looked for something different than choo-choo training from objective to objective. Borderland WvW has quite a few flaws but it still manages to attract players … with the new change they cater more to the EotM type of player than to those who prefer to do the typical borderland style – i.e. capturing and KEEPING.

So all in all ANet is quite lucky that there is no other game with similar objectives around or GW2 WvW would be dead already. But given some of the feedback I hear on TS when in the borderlands … if this change persists they’ll lose a couple of players.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Disagree. Removing white swords is promoting coverage domination more than ever.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

caveman.5840

Not sure if that was directed at me but – you’re wrong

(a) Our matchup is quite fine – we’re nicely ahead but I know how much harder we have to work for it …

(b) The train is the direct consequence of the sword removal. There is much less chance for the train to run into an organised defense – that’s why the train is running. There never has been a “special” reward for EotM but it’s hugely popular by PvE style players – lots and lots of rank points (what a joke), badges and champ bags …

Borderland WvW was a less healthy playground for those players because you ran into danger of meeting a well organized defense. With the swords gone most of the time we ju-hust managed to arrive in force with the enemy already exchanging blows with the lord …

I actually fear the change will lose ArenNet even more players … for the choo-choo loooooot bag type of players there are the trains in Cursed Shore and Frostgorge Sound. For those who want to brag that they do PvP (har har) there’s EotM.

Borderland WvW so far was for those players wo looked for something different than choo-choo training from objective to objective. Borderland WvW has quite a few flaws but it still manages to attract players … with the new change they cater more to the EotM type of player than to those who prefer to do the typical borderland style – i.e. capturing and KEEPING.

So all in all ANet is quite lucky that there is no other game with similar objectives around or GW2 WvW would be dead already. But given some of the feedback I hear on TS when in the borderlands … if this change persists they’ll lose a couple of players.

u know whats funny – my server is against yours….. y dont u break some people off your massive zerg in EB to protect your borderlands if they mean that much to u lol…

in WvW

Posted by: Stupendous Man.4920

Stupendous Man.4920

I was sceptical of removal of white swords. I am now convinced it was a good thing. While losing structures to ninjas is frustrating, it has given smaller guilds the opportunity to make a difference in WvW.

However, despite scouting being necessary now in WvW they get absolutely no rewards for scouting. Admittedly it is difficult to introduce a system where scouts could be clearly identified and rewarded. How about introducing scanners that can be planted similar to wards in games like League of Legends.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Break out of your Zerg people..

If your server has dedicated small groups, roamers and scouts then removal of white swords shouldn’t be a big problem. You do realize that the other team has no white swords as well? You should be focusing on keeping the other teams off your side of the map.

Think the problem here is with the swords most servers thought they had excellent scouts and roamers.. Now with white swords gone they are finding out that they actually lack scouts and roamers because everyone is off k-training a map somewhere.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

(A) You split up your zerg so you can scout your structures. However, in doing so, you lack the manpower to efficiently recap lost structures or to defend against a zerg hitting the structure you were scouting. Even if you put a tell in map chat, in order to push the zerg off, you’ll have to pull scouts from your other structures, leading to situation (B), described below.

(B) You group your players together so that you can recap lost structures quickly and defend against a few attacks. However, in doing so, you lack scouts for the other structures on your map, which are quickly capped since you have no idea they’re being hit.

Most servers simply don’t have enough players to be able to both scout and defend/recap, especially during offhours. The way you talk about this suggests you’re on one of the privileged servers that have enough players for both, but this is the minority of servers in the game.

The good part is all 3 servers in a matchup have to make these same choices. If the strongest server holds more territory, naturally they’d have to split up their forces MORE in order to hold said territory. If they choose to stay as a zergball, weaker servers can send 2-3 players to easily retake anything while the rest of them hold off the main enemy force.
Any server that tries to hold TOO much will pay the price and might find themselves the victims of trying to grasp too much territory, thus becoming one of the weaker servers of the match.

You also mention superior coverage being stronger…but when has that ever been weak?

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

(edited by Dinas Dragonbane.2978)

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Think the problem here is with the swords most servers thought they had excellent scouts and roamers.. Now with white swords gone they are finding out that they actually lack scouts and roamers because everyone is off k-training a map somewhere.

Scouts and roamers were much more important before command dots really became the norm, and mega blobs realized just how strong they could be. Why watch your territory when you can just watch the map?

Maybe Anet’s next thing they do is gonna be “Obvious Attack!” Where any enemy group 5 players or more shows up on your mini and regular map with a different color icon depending on how many they have in multiples of 5.
I’d be interested to see who would love and who would hate that.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in WvW

HtFde.3856

u know whats funny – my server is against yours….. y dont u break some people off your massive zerg in EB to protect your borderlands if they mean that much to u lol…

Oh – massive zerg … ahem … yes, that’s us, for sure … cough

We break off when we can and respond in time – I’d say our daytime score proves it. Looking atm I see 2 lost camps.

in WvW

HtFde.3856

How about introducing scanners that can be planted similar to wards in games like League of Legends.

or … EotM …

in WvW

HtFde.3856

Break out of your Zerg people..

If your server has dedicated small groups, roamers and scouts then removal of white swords shouldn’t be a big problem. You do realize that the other team has no white swords as well? You should be focusing on keeping the other teams off your side of the map.

Sighs – you’re not getting it … I’m doing my scout thing. I come by our T2 – soon to be T3 – tower when I see 40+ enemies in front of it. I say … “Houston …” when the response team arrives, the tower has fallen …

It is not that I want to zerk – it is that the enemy does that in 1 or 2 30+ zergs and that they’re trashing our structures. So there’s no use upgrading because they walls are not strong enough to hold against 5 guild catapults before reinforcements arrive.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

So there’s no use upgrading because they walls are not strong enough to hold against 5 guild catapults before reinforcements arrive.

I understand what you are saying but not upgrading at all just gives them K-trainers an easier tower to take and basically just giving them what they want.

I’m doing my scout thing. I come by our T2 – soon to be T3 – tower when I see 40+ enemies in front of it. I say … “Houston …” when the response team arrives, the tower has fallen

Also what you have stated happened to me a million times even when swords were in play. Does it happen more now? Maybe but it happens to the enemies just as much.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

The good part is all 3 servers in a matchup have to make these same choices. If the strongest server holds more territory, naturally they’d have to split up their forces MORE in order to hold said territory. If they choose to stay as a zergball, weaker servers can send 2-3 players to easily retake anything while the rest of them hold off the main enemy force.
Any server that tries to hold TOO much will pay the price and might find themselves the victims of trying to grasp too much territory, thus becoming one of the weaker servers of the match.

You also mention superior coverage being stronger…but when has that ever been weak?

No, the larger server usually doesn’t have to make the tradeoff because they have enough players to be able to both scout and zerg. The weaker servers are the ones who have to decide between scouting and zerging, neither of which will be effective against the larger server. Obviously, the larger server can’t hold everything, but they can spare enough people to hold enough structures that they retain very high PPT.

And yes, superior coverage has always been strong, but it’s now even stronger for the reasons I listed. The last thing Anet needed to do was increase the influence of coverage.

Second Child