World Population Changes Are Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Stage One: Change population to reflect active WvW players.

Stage Two: Wait for people to self-move and spread out.

If Stage Two fails: Reduce map cap on all maps to 60 per server permanently — or until the population regulates itself and spreads out.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

On YB we have a huge NA, with far less offhours coverage. Now we won’t be able to get that offhours, and I’m fine with that. It weakens our server, but imo it’s fair.

???

You guys have more than anything by double in T2.

Our NA is larger than FA’s, and significantly larger than SoS’ through the week, but not anywhere near double. And since all the servers make queues on reset that kind of negates any population advantage. Our offhours until recently was the smallest of the T2 servers, but we got a little help there too.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

If Stage Two fails: Reduce map cap on all maps to 60 per server permanently — or until the population regulates itself and spreads out.

Stage 3: watch people abandon wvw to play games where they can play Massively multiplayer together. QQ.

Massively multiplayer means massively multiplayer.. It is already much less than most games I have played allow to play at once.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

dear anet, you will see alot of rage including “i won’t pay you anything”, “i can’t play with my grannie now” but pls stay strong and don’t reverse the change.
It’s good.

Handa aproves.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

On YB we have a huge NA, with far less offhours coverage. Now we won’t be able to get that offhours, and I’m fine with that. It weakens our server, but imo it’s fair.

What? Yb ticks like +600 igh per night…

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

Stage 3: watch people abandon wvw to play games where they can play Massively multiplayer together. QQ.

Eternal Crusade and Camelot unchained. See you there!

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

???

Our NA is larger than FA’s, and significantly larger than SoS’ through the week, but not anywhere near double. And since all the servers make queues on reset that kind of negates any population advantage. Our offhours until recently was the smallest of the T2 servers, but we got a little help there too.

Wake up and look at the scores.. You guys destroyed T2.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Yeah they’ve made it clear but I think they didn’t have thought about the consequences…AGAIN! So you have the low pop servers which are going to celebrate this change. Then you have guys like lil devils x and me stucked in a crappy situation because of this change. There are also servers like SFR with a bunch of second acounts sitting there to ktrain once a week.

It does not solve anything. Most of the low pop servers are low pop servers because of their mind set. Let’s take a look on Miller’s for example: they don’t want to play meta builds, they don’t want to have some people organizing the server, they just want to have “fun” even if every hardcore players has to lose because of this fact. They’ve lost several players due to this fact.
Will the changes affect them in any ways? Maybe but the guys who join Miller’s won’t be happy.

And keep in mind, I am on the server in the best position to be locked. There isn’t anyone remotely able to compete with us currently, we do not even have to try to win. They just made it so everyone with an account on JQ will never ever move it because they know they are unable to come home now. LOL

Everyone on a locked server will not move their accounts at all now out of fear they will never be able to return.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

I love the timing of this lockout and who it applied to.
I think Anet works for YB. LOL

As intended.

in WvW

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Sweet, DB’s no longer full. Now if only this change had come earlier…

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Massively multiplayer means massively multiplayer.. It is already much less than most games I have played allow to play at once.

People have been complaining nonstop about the NA problem with population issues. It’s been a topic on the front page of this forum for at least two years. In fact, I’d wager it’s been the No.1 complaint for years now.

They are giving players an option to fix this now. If the players refuse to fix it themselves, then the only thing they can do is start squeezing a bit more and making it a more attractive idea to go down to a medium server — and the only way they can do this is via map cap controls.

But they are giving everyone a chance now to fix it. Something makes me think that players won’t take the initiative though, and more steps will need to be taken.

Shame, because the players themselves have done this.

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I’m worried that this new method will make it impossible to bring my friends who are new to the game onto JQ. Before this change, the method was to log on at 3 am with some luck and determination.

I see great disappointment in your future… (People said the same thing about Archeage)

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Sounds good to me, I am always in favor of lower WvW map caps

It’s even better if you throw Stage OnePointFive in there by giving all accounts one free world transfer to help those sitting on the fence or unwilling to purchase a gem transfer to make better choices and spread things out a bit more evenly.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

No, having too many servers broke the game. If a player cannot log in any time and have people to play with and people to play against, the game is either dead or broken.

Not a valid system if people are unable to have their friends join them on their already established servers with their guilds, unless your end goal is to make people leave. Please do not resort to attempting to demean rather than address the actual problem of too many servers. Forcing players to play alone on bottom servers is not solving the problem. Everyone deserves to have players to play with no matter what time they are able to play the game. On JQ we have people to play with 24/7 why would we go somewhere where there isn’t anyone to fight?

Server stacking has a very negative impact on WvW, but your argument is you want server stacking to get your people where YOU want them. WvW is about everyone’s fun, not just yours…

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

People have been complaining nonstop about the NA problem with population issues. It’s been a topic on the front page of this forum for at least two years. In fact, I’d wager it’s been the No.1 complaint for years now.

They are giving players an option to fix this now. If the players refuse to fix it themselves, then the only thing they can do is start squeezing a bit more and making it a more attractive idea to go down to a medium server — and the only way they can do this is via map cap controls.

But they are giving everyone a chance now to fix it. Something makes me think that players won’t take the initiative though, and more steps will need to be taken.

Shame, because the players themselves have done this.

Our NA Prime is probably our weakest timezone. LOL Can even hop maps on JQ, but guess what ? No one can even move to the server without Ques in NA prime now. HAHA!

The population issues are not determined by Ques in NA prime though. In order to really solve that problem if they are dead set on keeping servers ( even though they killed servers with the mega server) they need to only have servers open that have 24/7 coverage and just add more maps and they solve the ques. Problem solved. However, if we really want variety, we need to drop the server locking all together and shorten matches. Allow players/guilds to choose a server for that day, the match lasts for a day. Every day they can choose new server to play on different guilds to play with and against. That would actually give you the best variety and instead of server/ megaserver wars you actually would have " guild wars".

Chance to fix what? People on locked servers are not going to move anywhere since they do not want to risk not being able to come back. They may take a break from the game and come back, but they are not going to move their accounts. You are going to have less people " touring" as they did before due to not wanting to risk losing their spot on their server causing less variety, not more.

Why would someone move an account from a server where they have people to fight to a server that they have no one to fight? Ya.. no thanks. Everyone on top servers have already worked their way up to the top, they already played on low servers and have no desire to go back to arguing with people over using voice comms and running proper class/ builds/ parties. No, what people at the top enjoy doing is coming out with people who already know how to play and fighting against people on proper class/ builds/ parties on voice comms. You are not going to get that from the lower tiers.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

No, having too many servers broke the game. If a player cannot log in any time and have people to play with and people to play against, the game is either dead or broken.

Not a valid system if people are unable to have their friends join them on their already established servers with their guilds, unless your end goal is to make people leave. Please do not resort to attempting to demean rather than address the actual problem of too many servers. Forcing players to play alone on bottom servers is not solving the problem. Everyone deserves to have players to play with no matter what time they are able to play the game. On JQ we have people to play with 24/7 why would we go somewhere where there isn’t anyone to fight?

Server stacking has a very negative impact on WvW, but your argument is you want server stacking to get your people where YOU want them. WvW is about everyone’s fun, not just yours…

The problem isn’t " server stacking" it is no matter what time a player can play, when they come on they have people to play with and against 24/7. On my server no matter what time you log in you have a team to play with and enemies to fight. It is no fun to play when you have no one to fight. If every player cannot log in no matter the time they play and have people to play with and enemies to fight the game is either dead or broken.

If a server does not have people to play with and against 24/7 it should be closed. It isn’t " coverage wars" when every server playing has coverage 24/7 as it should.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

It’s kind of unfair that some servers have more guilds. Anet should look how many guilds servers have and send more pugs other servers because average lamer spec guild should win against 5 times bigger pug blob.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

???

Understand the lopsided score is t1 guilds moving down to us to break the t1/t2 barrier (both tiers locked far too long) and many on fa/SOS letting us do just that… Some is pop disparity, but a large portion of the disparity is “letting us” ppt…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Sounds good to me, I am always in favor of lower WvW map caps

It’s even better if you throw Stage OnePointFive in there by giving all accounts one free world transfer to help those sitting on the fence or unwilling to purchase a gem transfer to make better choices and spread things out a bit more evenly.

I think that’s a fantastic idea. More incentive.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

???

Understand the lopsided score is t1 guilds moving down to us to break the t1/t2 barrier (both tiers locked far too long) and many on fa/SOS letting us do just that… Some is pop disparity, but a large portion of the disparity is “letting us” ppt…..

Actually, SoS has been that sapped by the constant blobbing that a “full effort” wouldn’t look much different than what you saw this weekend.

This change is much needed relief for us. Cheers also to DH which never should have been in that situation and to DB; who if they would lose their SEA guilds would be much more balanced and able to grow without a bandwagon followed by implosion every 9 months.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

anet has made it clear. players has to destack the servers, spread across all servers and obtain a variety of matchup. it should have be been designed this way from the beginning anyway.

Why would you ever want to destack servers? If anything, this is great for showing which servers that should be completely abandoned by the community so that we can finally kill an entire tier (or two) and stack upwards. Move from lowest tier medium pop to highest medium pop, until that start going high/very high/full. Then move on to the next highest medium. Ideally we would achieve very high or full on all servers except the dead ones.

The lowest tier servers are stuck in glicko hell anyway.

you know, this has been discussed in the past, maybe you want to search the forums and see why anet didnt want to do that?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

???

Actually, SoS has been that sapped by the constant blobbing that a “full effort” wouldn’t look much different than what you saw this weekend.

This change is much needed relief for us. Cheers also to DH which never should have been in that situation and to DB; who if they would lose their SEA guilds would be much more balanced and able to grow without a bandwagon followed by implosion every 9 months.

Hard to say, but you might be right on the weekend score…

Agreed, this is a great change for those 3 servers in particular and I think good for all in the long term….. The timing is sort of funny in the middle of trying to break that barrier, but I think I also saw more match variation was also being introduced……
Only time will tell of course….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: ImperialWL.7138

ImperialWL.7138

At the moment these 8 EU servers are classified as full:
Seafarer’s Rest (current rank 1)
Desolation (rank 2)
Piken Square (rank 3)
Kodash [DE] (rank 4)
Gandara (rank 5)
Far Shiverpeaks (rank 6)
Jade Sea [FR] (rank 7)
Riverside [DE] (rank 10)

But there is still room at the Vizunah Square [FR]!

The new server population status correlates very well with the WvWvW rank, so good work by Arenanet!

I know many players will disagree me saying that besides SFR and Deso (EU rank 1 & 2) no other servers should be “full”. The new changes might encourage some guilds and players to move to silver league, which I see good for the health of this game.

Now if we could have better rewards in WvWvW and similar reward track like spvp has!

I don’t see what would encourage guilds and players to move to silver and below, when even in gold league (on the supposedly 8 “full” servers) you’d be hard pressed to find action all the time. WvW in its present state is just massively lacking in players, and ultimately only a merging of servers will fix that. Unless the top guilds move to silver because some of their members got screwed by the server lockout, and other guilds follow.

It’s kind of laughable that anything outside of SFR should be classed as being “full”. Maybe if ArenaNet devs actually bothered to play WvW from time to time they would realize for themselves the true situation, instead of basing all their assumptions on an “algorithm”.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

At this point it’s a waiting game to see if the matchfixers that got stranded in T2 will be able to push into T1 and if the ship they jumped will be able to stay in T1.

Looks like only one more week and they should be knocking out someone in T1. So two weeks to get back into T1 from transfer time. Not bad.

Seems that opens to the doors to tons of possibilities.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

LoL at all the ppl crying “I can’t bring my friends to my xxxx T1 servur, qq” – if you care so much to play with your friends why don’t you go to lower ranked one and play with them there?

Some servers are hard over-stacked and it’s not hard to see which ones, but insisting to try and get even more ppl there is hilarious. If I was marking servers I would mark some as “Beyond Full”, for real… x_x

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

We have often outnumbered in prime time so our population is actually medium or low.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

We have often outnumbered in prime time so our population is actually medium or low.

i would say it’s low.

overall your population is low.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

Looks like only one more week and they should be knocking out someone in T1. So two weeks to get back into T1 from transfer time. Not bad.

The evolution won’t be as high next week. You essentially compete against your last weeks performance. It’ll take a few weeks of crushing T2 before we see a change in T1, unless the new algorithms make a difference.

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Jayne.9251

The evolution won’t be as high next week. You essentially compete against your last weeks performance. It’ll take a few weeks of crushing T2 before we see a change in T1, unless the new algorithms make a difference.

Even so, after more than a year of stale locked matches, it’s indicative that change IS possible.

It’s just up to the playerbase. Anet has opened the door.

I just want you guys to enjoy the kind of movement we see in EU. It makes the game so much more enjoyable.

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

How to read ANet server ranking (from an EU perspective):

• Full: queues all the time
  • Very high: queues at reset and maybe short queues during the week. The best night capping team wins the match.
  • High: Aurora Glade.
  • Medium: you will have some nice fights. Once per month. Hope you enjoy solo roaming.

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

There aren’t even enough OCX players in tier 1 to form queues on ONE map on all 3 T1 servers in NA let alone spread out to 6 or more servers. This change really does nothing to balance out anything, they should have looked at timezone server status rather than across the board because having 100 people during SEA is different to having 100 people in NA prime.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: Dipdoo.4861

Dipdoo.4861

I’m worried that this new method will make it impossible to bring my friends who are new to the game onto JQ. Before this change, the method was to log on at 3 am with some luck and determination.

I see great disappointment in your future… (People said the same thing about Archeage)

DAoC is the grandfather of the game-mode and they nailed it. CU is, hopefully, going to be it’s grandson. I can’t wait for CU, too bad it’ll probably arrive late 2016/early 2017.

Big Cat Dipdoo ~ Warrior, Caeda Ripstep ~ Revenant, Braum Has Arrived ~ Guardian [SQD]
“It’s time to Rim Ram their Jim Jams.”

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

How to read ANet server ranking (from an EU perspective):

• Very high: queues at reset and maybe short queues during the week. The best night capping team wins the match.

That actually would describe most servers in T1-2 atm , prime time isn’t that busy apart from a couple of guilds and blobs. Night capping doesn’t beat SFR though, it’s a shame PPT is pretty meaningless and not a real measurement of most organized/skilled server.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Crashdown.7419

Crashdown.7419

I was on Sfr from start but my guild decided to go and have fun on a low ranking server. We went almost all the way down. Now this server sucks balls en my intentions were going back to sfr wich is no longer possible now. you guys think people would think: Hmm i wanted to go sfr or deso but kitten they are full ok lets go vabbi or Ring of Fire. Nope thats not how it works. people will just stay in their server or stop playing. I will never be able to go back to my original server or any orther higher ranking server. I only changed once so I don’t class myself as a bandwagonner. And what about the gvg guilds? The change arround a lot and take brakes and spread out. Gues they are all stucks now as well. And no they won’t change to the crappy servers at the bottem lol.

in WvW

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

There aren’t even enough OCX players in tier 1 to form queues on ONE map on all 3 T1 servers in NA let alone spread out to 6 or more servers. This change really does nothing to balance out anything, they should have looked at timezone server status rather than across the board because having 100 people during SEA is different to having 100 people in NA prime.

I don’t think there’s any disagreement that this concept and its implementation is primarily focused at the main population of both server sets, that being EU and NA prime.

If the Guilds & players from both of those time zones destacked and spread out there would probably be full maps across all servers in their prime play times. Realistically that isn’t going to happen, however further stacking is also not going to happen and the lower tiers are going to gain more healthy WvW populations.

A+. It doesn’t serve everyone, but it does serve the majority even if they don’t yet realize it.

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

in WvW

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

First of all, I’m glad they are trying to even things up a bit.. It would be really good to get some more different matches and just overall more parity.

That said though, I don’t understand why servers get such a blanket statement about their populations. As the Dev even said, some servers are way full and some are just “full”. Some people just can’t be happy with anything ANET does but man if two servers have entirely different populations but are considered the same status does the status mean anything?

What’s the strategy here then? instead of giving incentive for people to move down (and no not just free xfers) they are instead just locking people out of some servers and essentially forcing people (if they want to stay together that is) to lower servers. Except that there are a lot of “medium” servers that aren’t even close in population.

Seems weird to me.

Ev
[SQD]

in WvW

Posted by: Crashdown.7419

Crashdown.7419

Why does everyone think people are going to change to lower tier servers? They want good fights and those are not there at lower tiers. I’m at tier 7 and used to t1 and its boring as hell there. Now would anyone decide to change to lower tier? Not gonna happen. Now everyone is gonna be stuck on their server afraid to move. If full meanse 50k people (just a random number) but full also means 40k people that is kinda not fair.

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

But then you’d get what we had already: NA players logging in at different times during the night or early morning in order to transfer to these full servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

DAoC is the grandfather of the game-mode and they nailed it. CU is, hopefully, going to be it’s grandson. I can’t wait for CU, too bad it’ll probably arrive late 2016/early 2017.

Allow me to go offtopic , but for some one that played the 2 games:

Both games got their problems and they hardly can be compared so ill do the easy job of pointing what both do badly. (or try to :| )

Gw2 is shinny empty bottle besides graphics game has nothing, even armor stats most are useless and could be deleted, AA is way to much time consumption(farm ville is to annoying, to much of that…) and gold sell bots make chat unreadable, far lesser graphics but much more game mechanics and not the limited a themepark that is gw2, map depends of the entire game community, traders etc, also having an ship boss where u need to kill it to gain a cool ship blueprint and build one for your guild, not just double click and player transform to a car or a mechanic scorpion… here u play zerker becouse yes , dungeon redundancy or eotm redundancy, on AA u can do anything and some will bring cool stuff for your guild, zone, fame, place to control and defend/fight and anywhere in the map.

Both are extremes of each other, both have serious issues, but gw2 have more design issues than AA, since it gw2 it is to much fast action for its limited options, small map and very low mechanics, game gets old to fast due the massive redundancy a player has to do, even guilds are badly rewarded in the game for the dedications they have to the game, it is a game where every player also ends playing very equally builds due effectiveness gap against non meta/gimmick builds.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Yeah, as I pointed out since 2012, if you want coverage to matter, you need the tools (in game and outside) to handle that. GW2 doesn’t have any, and the algorithm they devised doesn’t seem to keep track of that – on the contrary, they said it smooths out “rapidly changing” population artefacts, including the daily variance.

in WvW

Posted by: AmphibianX.7042

AmphibianX.7042

How much does it cost to to transfer to servers below the “medium” level?

I thought the population levels were:
Full
Very High
High
Medium
Low
Very Low

after the changes; has anyone seen a server with a population level below “Medium”?

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Full
Very High
High
Medium
Low
Very Low

after the changes; has anyone seen a server with a population level below “Medium”?

What are the new transfer fees?

Medium – 500 gems
High – 1000 gems
Very High – 1800 gems

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

This pretty much helps servers marked as “very high” as people who want to play on populated servers will transfer there. And let’s not kid ourselves, people play RvR/WvW games for large scale combat. They play WoW if they want 1v1 arenas or 2v2, 3v3, etc.. This just doesn’t fix a large amount of servers currently marked as Medium (which we all know are low pop WvW servers).

I don’t want to hear people preach about how this helps everybody or how it helps the little guys. It doesn’t. It’s going to help a handful of servers currently marked as Very High or High. Then we still have issues with a large amount of low pop servers that are dead most of the times in WvW.

Anet should’ve merged the servers or created different forms of WvW matching a long time ago. People cheering this on are pretty much servers marked as Very High or High, as they feel this will give them the added advantage to match their opponents. And if you are on a server with a healthy community and population, you’re essentially punished for being there as you can’t bring any friends, guildies, and such to play on the same servers. Anet’s vision is for these healthy, vibrant servers to die off slowly while they “balance” the other servers. Wonderful plan…you know something’s wrong when the plan is to choke the healthy servers so they’ll die off over time.

in WvW

Posted by: AmphibianX.7042

AmphibianX.7042

Full
Very High
High
Medium
Low
Very Low

What are the new transfer fees?

Medium – 500 gems
High – 1000 gems
Very High – 1800 gems

yes that is how much is costs to transfer to servers with the population level Above “Medium” I was asking how much it costs to transfer to servers with the population level below “Medium” (Low, Very Low)

in WvW

Posted by: Mryul.8165

Mryul.8165

It will continue to be impossible to join or transfer to Full servers. It is possible that some servers are going to be marked as Full for a long time. While I understand this can be annoying for some, this is necessary to create a better experience for everyone.

I’m sorry but this is dumb. Why can’t a player from a full server transfer to another full server?

This is going to kill free movement within the WvW scene and eventually kill it when people can’t move around to ensure there is something to fight. I’m currently on one of the bigger servers and I am unable to transfer to one of the less populated “full” servers. So I’m stuck here with no fights, great.

WvW guilds will be stuck on servers that are matched up against servers with little to no guilds eventually forcing them to disband since you can’t ask 20 people to log in every night to fight absolutely nothing.

The GvG scene stays alive by ensuring that guilds will have other guilds to fight in their match-ups. When even a single server stops providing guilds for other servers to fight it it’s very unhealthy for the GvG scene and wvw guilds in general.

WvW players can solve this problem on their own by transfering to a server that often faces other servers that are stacked with guilds (more to fight), but they can’t do that if you don’t let them.

pce

ps. unless of course if you consider WvW guilds disbanding to be healthy for the WvW population and “a better experience for everyone”.

The high price for transfering a guild to different servers to keep the GvG scene alive is already expensive as it is (you greedy people), please hire someone that knows something about WvW please.

We know that you’re not paying much attention to WvW and its guilds, but you kitten well aren’t making it easy for us to do everything ourselves either.

(edited by Mryul.8165)

in WvW

Posted by: robotempire.2451

robotempire.2451

Population levels aren’t used to determine matchups – ratings are. Some randomization on the ratings is happening to introduce some variance in the matchups, but if there is a rather large gap in the ratings, that randomization might not be enough to create diverse matchups.

The goal of this change is to make the population spread out better, which will in turn make the ratings get closer, which will result in both more interesting matchups, and more variability as well. This will take some time to happen.

You saying it will take “some time to happen” is actually really great. I’d be extremely suspicious if you guys were promising rapid results. Band-aid solutions bad; real solutions good.

in WvW

Posted by: robotempire.2451

robotempire.2451

Why can’t a player from a full server transfer to another full server?

I want you to just think about this question for a second.

in WvW

Posted by: Senzational one.6572

Senzational one.6572

I just want to know if these FULL status can be bypassed as in the past by, server black outs, auto-clicking programs, low population times? Or are they a TRUE No new Character creation lock out? Could Anet please clarify this?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

With this change some sort of guesting mechanism is needed, so you can still play with friends even if you are on different worlds.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

With this change some sort of guesting mechanism is needed, so you can still play with friends even if you are on different worlds.

u dont need to guest in pve…megaserver remmember? and why woud u want to guest in other server WvW for free? that would leed to troll and stack at spawn to prevent players from entering.