World Population Changes Are Coming

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

I’ve played OCX and SEA down to the T3 tier and there is still action to be had. Plenty of room to join those healthy-ish servers if you worried about off hours play.

If you just crying about there not being a tag running a blob of 60 well that can happen in any timezone.. my advice l2p and don’t fairweather out when your not being carried.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

I’ve played OCX and SEA down to the T3 tier and there is still action to be had. Plenty of room to join those healthy-ish servers if you worried about off hours play.

If you just crying about there not being a tag running a blob of 60 well that can happen in any timezone.. my advice l2p and don’t fairweather out when your not being carried.

That is all changing atm due to the shift in GvG tier. Most of T1 and 2 are locked, T3 could possibly get locked soon with the GvG move to turn T3 into what T2 was, if they are moving alt accounts, the full servers still keep their population while locking others as well..

Carried? WHO is " carrying" us? I really do not think you have any idea what you are talking about if you think someone needs to " carry" us. ATM they locked a server that we win when we choose to win. I really wish they would let more people get on to BG, I felt bad for them this week.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Seeing all the angry posts from JQ and BG players warms my heart.

You’re not supposed to like this, it’s targeted specifically at you. It’s a long awaited solution to the problem OF you. Packing more and more people on to very few servers isn’t a good thing, we know you like winning. You’ll continue to win for quite some time.

But you’re done stacking.

I am not worried about us winning.. I am on the server that is in the best position to be locked. LOL I am more concerned about the game dying due to new players coming in and having no one to play with and leaving due to there being no coverage on lowest tiers, and no sign of that changing due to the actual number of players who play outside of NA prime. I am more concerned about players being able to play with their friends, families and guilds, people play many mmorpgs together, their guilds play multiple games, if they are unable to play with their guilds, their friends, they will just play a game they are able to do so.

It isn’t " stacking" to play with your guild, friends and family, it is called enjoying the game during the time you are able to play it. Why would people play a game where they are unable to spend quality time with their friends and family? Oh yea they don’t.
Instead of making it so players have people to play with and against whenever they log in, they are making a game that actually prevents them from doing so.

You’ve contributed several thousand words to this thread. All of which are verbose repetitions of the same argument.

Philibustering doesn’t work on forums

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

You’re not supposed to like this, it’s targeted specifically at you. It’s a long awaited solution to the problem OF you. Packing more and more people on to very few servers isn’t a good thing, we know you like winning. You’ll continue to win for quite some time.

I am not worried about us winning.. I am on the server that is in the best position to be locked. LOL I am more concerned about the game dying due to new players coming in and having no one to play with and leaving due to there being no coverage on lowest tiers, and no sign of that changing due to the actual number of players who play outside of NA prime. I am more concerned about players being able to play with their friends, families and guilds, people play many mmorpgs together, their guilds play multiple games, if they are unable to play with their guilds, their friends, they will just play a game they are able to do so.

It isn’t " stacking" to play with your guild, friends and family, it is called enjoying the game during the time you are able to play it. Why would people play a game where they are unable to spend quality time with their friends and family? Oh yea they don’t.
Instead of making it so players have people to play with and against whenever they log in, they are making a game that actually prevents them from doing so.

You’ve contributed several thousand words to this thread. All of which are verbose repetitions of the same argument.

I was not aware sharing thoughts on the forum would be participating in a legislature. Did you mean Filibustering as I was not aware that Philibustering was a word?

The forums exist to share thoughts on ways to improve the game, that is exactly what I was using them for. I want an environment that allows for vets and new players to enjoy the game together, allowing for everyone to have a chance to enjoy playing with others and against them rather than PVD in coverage wars.

Disconnecting wvw from servers would probably be the best way to accomplish that long term allowing players to play with and against different players regularly and provide variety to game play rather than implement poorly thought out restraints that cause more problems than it solves.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Stage One: Change population to reflect active WvW players.

Stage Two: Wait for people to self-move and spread out.

If Stage Two fails: Reduce map cap on all maps to 60 per server permanently — or until the population regulates itself and spreads out.

There are other ways to do that of course, without touching the map cap. Removing all Karma rewards in Gold League, for example.

Changing Bronze matchups so they constantly rotate (ignoring the actual level they’re at), but still have Glicko rating effects, is another.

Perhaps peel off a number of servers to a ‘Copper’ League outside of Glicko? Move all the ‘inactives’ there, and all new players start there (basically a Training League). First Transfer on the account requires earning 10 WXP levels (get their feet wet first). Transfers between these would always be cheap (say 400 gems), and can be done weekly (attract the GvG crowd for easier matchups, but also a constant flow of gems).

Lots of ideas before going near the map cap…

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Stage One: Change population to reflect active WvW players.

Stage Two: Wait for people to self-move and spread out.

If Stage Two fails: Reduce map cap on all maps to 60 per server permanently — or until the population regulates itself and spreads out.

There are other ways to do that of course, without touching the map cap. Removing all Karma rewards in Gold League, for example.

Changing Bronze matchups so they constantly rotate (ignoring the actual level they’re at), but still have Glicko rating effects, is another.

Perhaps peel off a number of servers to a ‘Copper’ League outside of Glicko? Move all the ‘inactives’ there, and all new players start there (basically a Training League). First Transfer on the account requires earning 10 WXP levels (get their feet wet first). Transfers between these would always be cheap (say 400 gems), and can be done weekly (attract the GvG crowd for easier matchups, but also a constant flow of gems).

Lots of ideas before going near the map cap…

I thought we were trying to make the game MORE New player friendly, not less. When new players come in, they should be able to experience the best the game has to offer, not the worst. People should be able to jump in day one and have fun from the go so they want to stick around a while, not torture them and run them off for even thinking of trying the game. The " recommended server" from Anet should be the one with the best game play during their time zone with a good ping, not " the dead wvw server". recommended should mean you actually recommend it because it is a good fit, not here go to the dead server and NOW you have to pay to leave it. Most people’s reaction to being treated like that would be to tell them to" kitten" off, and how can you blame them?

No need to mess with the map cap, just add more maps to resolve the ques if they are hell bent of keeping servers at all. Though I think removing servers from the mix would be the best option anyhow.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

LetoII.3782

I was not aware sharing thoughts on the forum would be participating in a legislature. Did you mean Filibustering as I was not aware that Philibustering was a word?

The forums exist to share thoughts on ways to improve the game, that is exactly what I was using them for. I want an environment that allows for vets and new players to enjoy the game together, allowing for everyone to have a chance to enjoy playing with others and against them rather than PVD in coverage wars.

Disconnecting wvw from servers would probably be the best way to accomplish that long term allowing players to play with and against different players regularly and provide variety to game play rather than implement poorly thought out restraints that cause more problems than it solves.

Grammar policing is akin to conceding defeat.

in WvW

Posted by: Hofer.7351

Hofer.7351

Did Anet count about afkers people on the maps with this new algorithm ? No seriously, I’m on SFR, playing morning and afternoon, we always fight with 20-30 players agains’t blob as 60-80 in front of us. I really wonder about map cap and this new wvw population counter…..

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

You can keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. The rest of us will go back to playing with friends on this game if they allow us to, or on another if they do not since most games actually let you play with friends. The point of this discussion was to ensure people have people to play with and against, since most people want to actually play with and against people.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Did Anet count about afkers people on the maps with this new algorithm ? No seriously, I’m on SFR, playing morning and afternoon, we always fight with 20-30 players agains’t blob as 60-80 in front of us. I really wonder about map cap and this new wvw population counter…..

Of course they do, there is not way for them to determine who is and is not an Afker. I am sure all those coming in to do dailies and craft are included as well. This is why we have people from other servers telling us " You always threaten to bring a map blob and never do". We could not get a map blob even if we promised everyone in the EoTM gold to show up since you can have a Map que and 5 people on the only pin.. LOL

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

if they are moving alt accounts, the full servers still keep their population while locking others as well..

Alt account don’t effect population simply by being there anymore, active accounts do.

Servers have to meet a heavy traffic threshold to hit the full status. If they do that what’s the problem?

Carried? WHO is " carrying" us? I really do not think you have any idea what you are talking about if you think someone needs to " carry" us. ATM they locked a server that we win when we choose to win. I really wish they would let more people get on to BG, I felt bad for them this week.

Usually its 1 tag and a small core of people who know their backside from kitten in the ground, they carry these precious fragile timezones and quitter pugs you talk about.

Funny how fast things die without them even tho there was still plenty of people available.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

After reading all 10 pages again, I now have some understanding of why the Dev’s could make such poor decisions. You folks have really no clue what you want and it shows in what you ask for. It’s very simple, WvW should have Tiers with descending map population caps. Because the map Q’s have always been the end all, be all of balancing. There should be no server population caps at all.

100% spot on, this is the conclusion I have come to as well. Allowing free player movement will balance out the servers and the map caps will govern the pop at any 1 time.

OK, then under the current system, how will T1 servers descent lower or the low tier servers rise up ? Lets say ET and DR would have a 15 person map cap, cause normally they run 10-15 people in all WvW at prime. How will they get more to join and go up in tiers ?

T1 servers will lose players when queues in their respective timezones get long enough. I would imagine free player movement would mean servers like ET and DR would die, the number of servers does need to be reduced.

Ques in T1 times zones will never get bad now due the servers being locked now, so now no point in trying to go on tour to other servers since no one wants to lose their spot on their home server. All the lock does is make it so no one is willing to lose their spot , so only way to tour is to make additional accounts instead and actually play on multiple servers. It should not affect wvw populations on locked servers as much since people are not willing to move at all now.

Since more players cannot come onto full servers, it ensures the ques cannot get worse to make people want to leave. If anything, it ensures less ques on T1 while players are playing on multiple accounts on other servers, and no one can come in to clog them up while doing so.

Really – all one does is need to look at your childish Guild name you came up with to understand your mentality. It has been known that certain players on certain T1 servers lead guild on 2 servers to try and fix matches. A.Net can’t really do nothing about the underhanded nature of that type of play but they can level the playing fields as far as population balance and I am all for that.

I mean, what if you were matched against 2 other servers – your guild name would actually have no basis in anything. Please rename your guild to [BLOB] ‘We only can play WvW in a blob’.

I myself, can’t wait to see how this will pan out. It would be good to have a balance where every week you get to play different servers. It means that the players would have to get better and so would Commanders.

in WvW

LetoII.3782

You can keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. The rest of us will go back to playing with friends on this game if they allow us to, or on another if they do not since most games actually let you play with friends.

You and the five people that agree with you in this thread? Vocal minority is still minority.

You’re rebutting every post because you have to

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

if they are moving alt accounts, the full servers still keep their population while locking others as well..

Alt account don’t effect population simply by being there anymore, active accounts do.

Servers have to meet a heavy traffic threshold to hit the full status. If they do that what’s the problem?

Usually its 1 tag and a small core of people who know their backside from kitten in the ground, they carry these precious fragile timezones and quitter pugs you talk about.

Funny how fast things die without them even tho there was still plenty of people available.

They log into alt accounts and come into wvw and play multiple accounts of different servers in the same day.

You are talking about the timezones WE carry, and also have had to carry timezones outside our official raids by pulling overtime or they get wrecked as well. SO what you are saying is we should leave and let our home die? No thanks.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Dusty Moon.4382

You can keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. The rest of us will go back to playing with friends on this game if they allow us to, or on another if they do not since most games actually let you play with friends.

You and the five people that agree with you in this thread? Vocal minority is still minority.

Well, he and his guild are the worst of the WvW attitudes and play style. So they don’t want anything to upset that.

I mean, the new WvW maps will do that in spades and they really don’t want those either.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

After reading all 10 pages again, I now have some understanding of why the Dev’s could make such poor decisions. You folks have really no clue what you want and it shows in what you ask for. It’s very simple, WvW should have Tiers with descending map population caps. Because the map Q’s have always been the end all, be all of balancing. There should be no server population caps at all.

100% spot on, this is the conclusion I have come to as well. Allowing free player movement will balance out the servers and the map caps will govern the pop at any 1 time.

OK, then under the current system, how will T1 servers descent lower or the low tier servers rise up ? Lets say ET and DR would have a 15 person map cap, cause normally they run 10-15 people in all WvW at prime. How will they get more to join and go up in tiers ?

T1 servers will lose players when queues in their respective timezones get long enough. I would imagine free player movement would mean servers like ET and DR would die, the number of servers does need to be reduced.

Ques in T1 times zones will never get bad now due the servers being locked now, so now no point in trying to go on tour to other servers since no one wants to lose their spot on their home server. All the lock does is make it so no one is willing to lose their spot , so only way to tour is to make additional accounts instead and actually play on multiple servers. It should not affect wvw populations on locked servers as much since people are not willing to move at all now.

Since more players cannot come onto full servers, it ensures the ques cannot get worse to make people want to leave. If anything, it ensures less ques on T1 while players are playing on multiple accounts on other servers, and no one can come in to clog them up while doing so.

Really – all one does is need to look at your childish Guild name you came up with to understand your mentality. It has been known that certain players on certain T1 servers lead guild on 2 servers to try and fix matches. A.Net can’t really do nothing about the underhanded nature of that type of play but they can level the playing fields as far as population balance and I am all for that.

I mean, what if you were matched against 2 other servers – your guild name would actually have no basis in anything. Please rename your guild to [BLOB] ‘We only can play WvW in a blob’.

I myself, can’t wait to see how this will pan out. It would be good to have a balance where every week you get to play different servers. It means that the players would have to get better and so would Commanders.

I didn’t come up with the guild name, nice try though. Yes, it is well known there are guilds in T1 that " attempt" to fix matches, however, we are not one of them. Winning when we were told not to win isn’t exactly making their job easy.

They are not making the playing fields balanced if they are keeping servers that do not have 24/7 coverage. It will continue to be coverage wars as long as there are too many servers and not enough players to cover all time zones.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Well, he and his guild are the worst of the WvW attitudes and play style. So they don’t want anything to upset that.

I mean, the new WvW maps will do that in spades and they really don’t want those either.

She* and what exactly is our " attitude" and play style you speak of? Yes, we require our members to run specific builds and classes and form proper parties, but so do many guilds that actually know how to play. I’m sorry if you think us not keeping players not willing to run proper builds and classes is a " bad attitude" but we would rather hold our standards than deal with players that do not play as a team.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Hofer.7351

Hofer.7351

Of course they do, there is not way for them to determine who is and is not an Afker. I am sure all those coming in to do dailies and craft are included as well. This is why we have people from other servers telling us " You always threaten to bring a map blob and never do". We could not get a map blob even if we promised everyone in the EoTM gold to show up since you can have a Map que and 5 people on the only pin.. LOL

The problem is… This is a really long time I don’t see any queue on SFR in offpeak…..

Anyway, this is new system is really bad. I still thinking that we should be free to move into a server or not.
Of course, balanced is a good things, but playings with friends or affinity style server is more important to get fun trough this game.
And now, we can’t looking for fun anymore.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

The problem is… This is a really long time I don’t see any queue on SFR in offpeak…..

Anyway, this is new system is really bad. I still thinking that we should be free to move into a server or not.
Of course, balanced is a good things, but playings with friends or affinity style server is more important to get fun trough this game.
And now, we can’t looking for fun anymore.

I agree, it was not well thought out at all, and comes across more of a " I’ll show them" without actually solving any of the problems. It creates problems rather than solves them. Now only those with alt accounts where they want can go where they please. This will actually have another negative impact of causing account selling of accounts on full servers instead (as what we have seen happen on games who have locked servers in the past). They have not paid attention to what happens in other games when you do this I do not think. On other games when they locked servers, players buy up accounts on those servers and sell them to the highest bidder to those wanting into the server making it even worse than it was before.

I do hope they realize quickly what they have actually done rather than force more players out of the game. They can achieve balance and allow players to play with friends if they actually do this right. Currently they just ensured a broken system is broken worse. Instead of breaking it more, hopefully soon they will actually look at real solutions.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

It’s rather simple.
If all servers are not merged into 3 big factions (or the system is changed entirely) before the new giant maps release; the game mode is dead. (by queues, by emptiness, by hackers, pick your choice).

This is not about communities or tiers anymore. The stress test is proving it. With down time atm the maps are empty of life and feel terribly boring.

It is really important that Anet realize that NOW and act accordingly.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

(edited by DiscoJacen.1590)

in WvW

Posted by: Shrubsy.9720

Shrubsy.9720

That is all changing atm due to the shift in GvG tier. Most of T1 and 2 are locked, T3 could possibly get locked soon with the GvG move to turn T3 into what T2 was, if they are moving alt accounts, the full servers still keep their population while locking others as well..

Tier 3 is already getting an influx of players, if they manage to fill up (as you mentioned) population will start to overflow and we’ll probably even see some healthy competition between tiers 2 and 3. With the influx from the expansion, tier 4+ could follow suit. Hopefully by some miracle tier 1 will bleed out fairly quickly and actually be challenged for once—wouldn’t that be fun?

I’m sorry this inconveniences you and your guild.

Based on your diatribes, you seem to think most players ideal is a T1/EotM all maps queued extravaganza, but the fact is most of below T1/T2 aren’t still here because we’re helpless peons—we’re here because this is where we prefer to be. So kindly just suck it up and take one for the team.

(edited by Shrubsy.9720)

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Based on your diatribes, you seem to think most players ideal is a T1/EotM all maps queued extravaganza, but the fact is most of below T1/T2 aren’t still here because we’re helpless peons—we’re here because this is where we prefer to be. So kindly just suck it up and take one for the team.

If you’re happy where you are and T1/2 are happy where they are why do you care at all then. Why would you want T1/2 to take one for the team and change the status quo that as you say, you prefer to be.

Also, honestly if you guys think there are enough OCX players to spread to 24 servers while maintaining any semblance of WvW at all then I have a bridge to sell to you.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Tier 3 is already getting an influx of players, if they manage to fill up (as you mentioned) population will start to overflow and we’ll probably even see some healthy competition between tiers 2 and 3. With the influx from the expansion, tier 4+ could follow suit. Hopefully by some miracle tier 1 will bleed out fairly quickly and actually be challenged for once—wouldn’t that be fun?

I guess you missed it, but the Tier 3 move was planned by gvg prior to the changes as a prtest against the alliance that went to move YB and the changes had nothing to do with the move. T3 is being taken over by GvG and they are going to be keeping it right here they want them. T3 will now be the new GvG tier.

I’m sorry if you misunderstand what is actually happening here, or that there are many on lower tiers that are dissatisfied with not having anyone to play with. I am not " taking one for the team" as I am in the best position on any server atm, I can roam, havoc, and zerg at will any time of the day because T1 is where that all exists 24/7.

You are instead asking those that wish to have people to play with and against to not be able to is what you are actually asking here, as there are not enough people in non peak timezones to actually allow them to have a good game experience. It is disillusion to think that T1 would bleed anything but multiple accounts. Though now that Anet just made those accounts much more valuable, they will probably just sell them to the highest bidder instead of moving them since they could buy multiple new accounts for the price of selling one of their alt accounts on T1.

Before telling people to " suck it up" you might consider that these things affect more players than just you or me. Who is this " we" you are speaking for? Who is it exactly that told you to speak for them? I have heard from many in low tiers that have been trying to get on to T1 for a while waiting for it to open due to them NOT " being happy to be there". All this does is hold them hostage or make them leave the game all together.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Dusty Moon.4382

I didn’t come up with the guild name, nice try though. Yes, it is well known there are guilds in T1 that " attempt" to fix matches, however, we are not one of them. Winning when we were told not to win isn’t exactly making their job easy.

They are not making the playing fields balanced if they are keeping servers that do not have 24/7 coverage. It will continue to be coverage wars as long as there are too many servers and not enough players to cover all time zones.

Actually your guild is the classic T1 ‘Troll’ guild.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

If you’re happy where you are and T1/2 are happy where they are why do you care at all then. Why would you want T1/2 to take one for the team and change the status quo that as you say, you prefer to be.

Also, honestly if you guys think there are enough OCX players to spread to 24 servers while maintaining any semblance of WvW at all then I have a bridge to sell to you.

LOL no kidding. I have no idea why they think that servers with PST, OCX , SEA or EU timezone guilds are somehow " stacking" when the sad fact is there just are not enough players in those time zones to cover the number of servers they have open. They need to close the servers that do not have 24/7 coverage to stop " coverage wars" as this was supposedly intended to do, not lock them down.

Wanting to ensure EVERY server open has 24/7 coverage is the opposite of supporting stacking, it is instead trying to make it so players have an actual game to play with players and against them 24/7, the way it was intended.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Dusty Moon.4382

I guess you missed it, but the Tier 3 move was planned by gvg prior to the changes as a prtest against the alliance that went to move YB and the changes had nothing to do with the move. T3 is being taken over by GvG and they are going to be keeping it right here they want them. T3 will now be the new GvG tier.

I’m sorry if you misunderstand what is actually happening here, or that there are many on lower tiers that are dissatisfied with not having anyone to play with. I am not " taking one for the team" as I am in the best position on any server atm, I can roam, havoc, and zerg at will any time of the day because T1 is where that all exists 24/7.

You are instead asking those that wish to have people to play with and against to not be able to is what you are actually asking here, as there are not enough people in non peak timezones to actually allow them to have a good game experience. It is disillusion to think that T1 would bleed anything but multiple accounts. Though now that Anet just made those accounts much more valuable, they will probably just sell them to the highest bidder instead of moving them since they could buy multiple new accounts for the price of selling one of their alt accounts on T1.

Before telling people to " suck it up" you might consider that these things affect more players than just you or me. Who is this " we" you are speaking for? Who is it exactly that told you to speak for them? I have heard from many in low tiers that have been trying to get on to T1 for a while waiting for it to open due to them NOT " being happy to be there". All this does is hold them hostage or make them leave the game all together.

Actually, YOUR response is the classic response of people in denial and basic cluelessness. We need more balance and just having the same servers matched, week in and week out is more boring and more damaging to WvW than anything else. A.Net collects REAMS of data on WvW and knows, who plays when and a what times. I am sure they can come up with a plan, while it might take time to balance it all out, in the end it will work for the betterment of WvW.

I mean, why did so many JQ guilds transfer to YB, so they can force either BG or TC out of T1? Is that for the betterment of the game or just plain arrogance on the part of one server? That is why the servers were locked and why a better system needs to be put in place. Trying to ‘Force’ what one server wants over what is best for the game is just plain wrong and bad..

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Yea.. Okay Says the forum Tr…. Good luck to you.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Dusty Moon.4382

Excellent post Shrubsy – Some of the T1 people seem to forget there are many more players below T1 than there are in T1.

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

I think T1 lives in a completely (Wv)World than we non-tier1 players live in^^

Was not meant as a critique. Rather it is surprising that they don’t seem to understand the problems we face on empty servers. Please make an effort before posting something mean just for the sake of it. And if your experience in WvW is good by all means plz go enjoy it. No reason you should waste time here battling us when you could enjoy the mode. Because you at least can.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Actually, YOUR response is the classic response of people in denial and basic cluelessness. We need more balance and just having the same servers matched, week in and week out is more boring and more damaging to WvW than anything else. A.Net collects REAMS of data on WvW and knows, who plays when and a what times. I am sure they can come up with a plan, while it might take time to balance it all out, in the end it will work for the betterment of WvW.

I mean, why did so many JQ guilds transfer to YB, so they can force either BG or TC out of T1? Is that for the betterment of the game or just plain arrogance on the part of one server? That is why the servers were locked and why a better system needs to be put in place. Trying to ‘Force’ what one server wants over what is best for the game is just plain wrong and bad..

You have bad information, before you spread more bad info, get it straight:

JQ lost no guilds to YB, BG did. The ONE JQ guild who went to YB still has accounts on JQ FYI, so really we lost nothing at alI. LOL

Balance is not achieved by locking unbalanced servers, that just ensures no one will move the accounts on the full servers, they will only make new ones to play elsewhere.
None of this does anything to ensure variety, in fact the only solution proposed thus far that does is removing servers all together allowing for players and guilds to fight with new players and against new players every match. I said repeatedly that is the best solution thus far if you want variety.

Clueless. Yes, that must be it.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Dusty Moon.4382

Yea.. Okay Says the forum Tr…. Good luck to you.

Not a troll – far from it. But, since you cried so much about NOT being able to play with your family, etc. It is simple, move servers (well you can’t now because of server lock). No one is denying you a chance to play with your family, only you are. The T1 servers are full and there is no room at the inn, there are other servers that have room – it is obvious and simple to just move there.

A.Net has to think about the WvW situation in whole. How to make it better and what to do to prevent it’s stagnation (it is pretty stagnant and stinky now). If they want to get more people interested in WvW, as one of the game modes (the others being PvP and PvE), then they also need to focus on what will make this better for all. Some will have to feel the pain and others will not.

In your mind, everything is fine except you want the bigger servers to get bigger and this makes no sense. The smaller servers suffer this way and only a few will be happy. This is the way to kill the game faster than anything.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I think T1 lives in a completely (Wv)World than we non-tier1 players live in^^

Was not meant as a critique. Rather it is surprising that they don’t seem to understand the problems we face on empty servers. Please make an effort before posting something mean just for the sake of it. And if your experience in WvW is good by all means plz go enjoy it. No reason you should waste time here battling us when you could enjoy the mode. Because you at least can.

Most on T1 have played on all the tiers. I think I do understand the problems you face on empty servers, as it sucks to not have players to play with or against, that is why NO ONE should be forced to play on an empty server. Soloing keeps is only entertaining for so long before it gets old.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Not a troll – far from it. But, since you cried so much about NOT being able to play with your family, etc. It is simple, move servers (well you can’t now because of server arrogance). No one is denying you a chance to play with your family, only you are. The T1 servers are full and there is no room at the inn, there are other servers that have room – it is obvious and simple to just move there.

A.Net has to think about the WvW situation in whole. How to make it better and what to do to prevent it’s stagnation (it is pretty stagnant now). If they want to get more people interested in WvW, as one of the game modes (the others being PvP and PvE) then they also need to focus on what will make this better for all. Some will have to feel the pain and others will not.

In your mind, everything is fine except you want the bigger servers to get bigger and this makes no sense.

Telling people to pay to move servers and choose between family and friends on one server to play with family and friends on another server is NOT a viable option for anyone.
IF ANet was thinking about the wvw situation as a whole they would realize that this only creates more problems rather than solves them. Wvw as a whole would benefit by actually solving the problems and either reduce the number of servers or remove wvw from being server based instead of blocking out new players from enjoying playing on worlds with 24/7 coverage.

No one has to " feel the pain" if they actually do it right. " pain " is created by doing it wrong. Bigger servers getting bigger is what they accomplished with the mega server. What I would love to see is detach the servers from wvw all together and solve the problem completely.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Shrubsy.9720

I didn’t say where I am in T4 is perfect now, and no additional server will ever grow to the size of current T1 servers under the system. Regardless of whether the GvG guild moves was planned yesterday, or two years ago (an irrelevant point), T3 is likely to fill up. Population will then overflow into T4, and continue to cascade creating a fairly stable population on as many servers as the WvW population can support.

Is it perfect? No. Is it better than the current system? I think so. Is it better than most of the systems otherwise suggested that would require a total restructuring of core components of the game? I think so.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I didn’t say where I am in T4 is perfect now, and no additional server will ever grow to the size of current T1 servers under the system. Regardless of whether the GvG guild moves was planned yesterday, or two years ago (an irrelevant point), T3 is likely to fill up. Population will then overflow into T4, and continue to cascade creating a fairly stable population on as many servers as the WvW population can support.

Is it perfect? No. Is it better than the current system? I think so. Is it better than most of the systems otherwise suggested that would require a total restructuring of core components of the game? I think so.

“Population” yes, but only for peak timezones. You can have map ques on all maps during primetime and have a ghost town a few hours later. That does nothing to solve the actual problem of " coverage wars". Every player logging in regardless of time they have available to play should have players to play with and against. Anything less than that is a broken system. Making it so the only oceanic player on a server is unable to move somewhere to play with other oceanic players only further breaks the game rather than repairs it. That isn’t better at all for every new player coming in to that and leaving due to it.

They already restructured core components of the game when they went mega server, now they have to restructure this due to what they broke.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Shrubsy.9720

“Population” yes, but only for peak timezones. You can have map ques on all maps during primetime and have a ghost town a few hours later. That does nothing to solve the actual problem of " coverage wars". Every player logging in regardless of time they have available to play should have players to play with and against. Anything less than that is a broken system. Making it so the only oceanic player on a server is unable to move somewhere to play with other oceanic players only further breaks the game rather than repairs it. That isn’t better at all for every new player coming in to that and leaving due to it.

They already restructured core components of the game when they went mega server, now they have to restructure this due to what they broke.

They did test this. It’s called EotM. Out of curiosity, what makes you think putting WvW on the same system as EotM wouldn’t turn it into the same kind of kittenshow?

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

They did test this. It’s called EotM. Out of curiosity, what makes you think putting WvW on the same system as EotM wouldn’t turn it into the same kind of kittenshow?

No, they didn’t test this, they tested trying to force merge servers. EoTM is the testing ground for what they want to implement in wvw and from the looks of it, it is a mess.
I have not suggested once the EoTM system, as I think that solves nothing.

Instead of force merging random servers, either :

1) remove all servers without 24/7 coverage and add more maps to the remaining servers. ( NOT EoTM maps those are atrocious btw.. More maps like EBG would be best.)Players still have a choice where they play.
HOWEVER, I think this is still stale gameplay long term and not the better solution. The better solution would be to :

2)Make matches much shorter ( a day or even less), Make wvw non server based, guilds/ players choose a team before playing and cannot switch teams until the match is over. When one side is full it is full , players can only enter other teams. Have multiple matches going on at once. This would allow for players to play with and against a variety of players every time.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

(…)

(…)

1) remove all servers without 24/7 coverage and add more maps to the remaining servers. ( NOT EoTM maps those are atrocious btw.. More maps like EBG would be best.)Players still have a choice where they play.
HOWEVER, I think this is still stale gameplay long term and not the better solution. The better solution would be to :

2)Make matches much shorter ( a day or even less), Make wvw non server based, guilds/ players choose a team before playing and cannot switch teams until the match is over. When one side is full it is full , players can only enter other teams. Have multiple matches going on at once. This would allow for players to play with and against a variety of players every time.

if u guys want to merge all servers also in WVW we migh need a" copy ruined continent of tyria as example", with no time fight at all, some sorta alliance conquer game, and yes they would have to change some game core stuff, if we had 1 day or even less combats into wvw…. that would be the new eotm.. becouse everything will be reseted fast and no point to play that game mode well, just get a way to farm it.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Maguuma has more GvG guilds than that in NA and that’s 1 server.

Well that’s a little silly then if they want to GvG. I would hope they all spread out on all T3 servers so they have a chance to fight each other each week and not stack on one server.

The movement is good. Nobody should ever want to be in Tier One. Tier One is a trap. Everyone should be gravitating to the middle where there’s fresh matches each week and new challenges. And the players themselves have the chance to make that happen.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Shrubsy.9720

No, they didn’t test this, they tested trying to force merge servers. EoTM is the testing ground for what they want to implement in wvw and from the looks of it, it is a mess.
I have not suggested once the EoTM system, as I think that solves nothing.

Problems I see with #1:

You can’t remove all servers without 24/7 coverage. If the NA to OCX is a conservative 10:1, you’re still going to end up with either huge queues for NA or 9/10 empty maps during OCX.

Problems I see with #2:

You run into all the same problems as EotM. Primarily: No reason to give a kitten. The match is too short to give a sense of importance. Lack of a consistent/dedicated team throws any meaningful strategy out of the window. Multiple overflows strip a feeling of purpose on individual instances. And on, and on, and on… I just see this one being completely horrendous.

in WvW

Posted by: rhejeckt.5791

rhejeckt.5791

I don’t pretend to be as informed as many wvw’ers. But, IMO, this change is a good thing. The 4 Tier 2 mess caused my original server to go into a downward spiral from which it has not recovered. My account sat inactive for months. I believed in server loyalty and my server friends. Friends left for greener pastures. Being a wvw addict, I started another account to fill the void. I tried 3 servers b4 I came to one in Tier 5/6. And to my surprise, I am enjoying wvw again. We don’t win every week, but usually come in second at the least. I have made new friends & joined a guild in which I am comfortable. We have fun. It wasn’t the end of the world although at the time, it felt that way. Maybe, the lock would have prevented all this. People transferred to higher tiers-their prerogative. Doesn’t matter-it’s all history now.
My point: Either you go with the flow or you quit playing. I chose the former. Tiers that are now considered “Medium” are not a form of the plague. I also use my original account again-it is Tier 2. Totally different from the play style of my second account. But, that doesn’t suggest either style is wrong.
Just speaking my mind after reading 10 pages of this thread. Some might agree-some probably will not-whatever…

(edited by rhejeckt.5791)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Problems I see with #1:

You can’t remove all servers without 24/7 coverage. If the NA to OCX is a conservative 10:1, you’re still going to end up with either huge queues for NA or 9/10 empty maps during OCX.

Problems I see with #2:

You run into all the same problems as EotM. Primarily: No reason to give a kitten. The match is too short to give a sense of importance. Lack of a consistent/dedicated team throws any meaningful strategy out of the window. Multiple overflows strip a feeling of purpose on individual instances. And on, and on, and on… I just see this one being completely horrendous.

That is why with:

1) you add more active maps to accommodate more prime time players, ques would not be an issue at all. In fact, you could even have “event maps” that appear for set time periods that disappear when their time is up to create more maps in use at once during busiest time periods. HOWEVER this would also still be stale gameplay due to lack of variety in who you play as it is currently.

2) You run none of the problems with EoTM if implemeted properly, EoTM score never counted to begin with. That linear map and chokepoints make it not worth playing at all. The score STILL counts, in addition they should give actual player rewards for winning, not the BS they currently do that you can cash in for prizes like they did for Tourney. You can even have it where you play GvG wvw tourneys only playing against certain guilds for the duration. No " overflows" only maps that the score counts and that has rewards for winning. It would be like seasons but all the time.

They made EoTM not matter is why no one gives a kitten about it, EoTM was not made as an actual game mode, it was just created to be the testing grounds for what they planned on implementing in WvW. Linear maps and choke points are the single worst way to make a map on a game to make it worse. Lets say they Tested this as an actual game mode in EoTM, remove the Horrible EoTM maps ( seriously those things need to be killed with fire along with the PVE nonsense they added in there) and tried allowing players to choose their battles/ teams giving actual rewards and see how it goes from there.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Dusty Moon.4382

EotM was originally designed to train PvE about WvW. People found out how easy it was, so it became the Karma train level up area. It was not designed to test new methods of population. If it was that, then your home server wouldn’t matter but it does, so what you are saying about EotM was made for testing population’s is flawed and bogus.

The only thing the developers ever said about EotM and the regular WvW maps is that a victory in EotM gives you supply in your home Citadel.

I think what A.Net DID learn from EotM is that your home server matters. It is server pride that keeps people coming back. People care a kitten less about EotM unless they are leveling a new toon.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Looking at the MOS, T3 NA looks really really healthy now. GJ!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

T3 NA’s been fine ever since it’s been stabilized after the 4 t2 era ended though it suffered a initial hiccup because DB was apparently screwed by the problem this very topic is about. Please don’t let anyone, especially those that are not on these servers, tell you otherwise.

There are still of course problems in individual time zones though. Of course, many people around here realize that stacking is a MAD aka “mutually assured destruction” concept.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I don’t know, even though T3 looks good on MoS I don’t really have fun in the matches. Like Archon said there are different timezone dominance so some of the perceived balance comes from one server being dominant and then the next server then the third.

There seems to be only a small time period where there is actual “localized balance” when all three servers have good numbers. And unfortunately that time period is too late for me. I hear about the great fights we had and I’m like “when does that happen cause I haven’t seen it”.

I haven’t been playing much this week so haven’t see whether the supposed influx of “GvG” guilds is real or not.

Which brings me around to the point of supporting what some of the T1 people are saying. Perhaps totally closing off a server is not a good idea. Maybe make it an astronomical price. Or only new accounts can join. Or only people from non-NA Prime can join. Or something.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well, that depends on what time you’re logging on. There’s definitely imbalance during OCX/EU/early NA. But the other problem is that SBI generally has very weak organization at times so sometimes you may not know what’s even going on at times even if there’s quite a few people running around.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

How do you regulate “only non-NA prime can join”. Are those accounts locked out of wvw entirely for certain times of the day? If you go that route, why not just designate a set of servers as sea, OCX, eu, and U.S. etc and change how ppt works outside of the servers prime designation.

That said, I noticed the t3 equal, but not really from sbi and maguuma side… Had some “fun” last night if you consider spawn camping fun…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

How do you regulate “only non-NA prime can join”. Are those accounts locked out of wvw entirely for certain times of the day? If you go that route, why not just designate a set of servers as sea, OCX, eu, and U.S. etc and change how ppt works outside of the servers prime designation.

That said, I noticed the t3 equal, but not really from sbi and maguuma side… Had some “fun” last night if you consider spawn camping fun…..

I don’t know. I assume Anet can tell where the ip address is coming from. But that was said half in jest because I know it’s not realistic.

I am in favor of Time Sliced Matches myself. You wouldn’t need to designate a set of servers as Sea, Ocx, etc. Just designate the different timezones of a server with separate Glicko scores and then each “Slice” will be matched up with other slices of other servers of similar Glicko. Coverage wars solved.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I don’t know. I assume Anet can tell where the ip address is coming from. But that was said half in jest because I know it’s not realistic.

I am in favor of Time Sliced Matches myself. You wouldn’t need to designate a set of servers as Sea, Ocx, etc. Just designate the different timezones of a server with separate Glicko scores and then each “Slice” will be matched up with other slices of other servers of similar Glicko. Coverage wars solved.

What difference would it make what timezone they actually live in when the players themselves can be from all over the world? Not everyone works the same hours and would need to play on a server where they have a good ping as well. Much of our PST, OCX, SEA and EU are players in North America that work different shifts than people with " day jobs". Some do not even get off work until 3 am and come on to play when they do. Whether they get off work at 3 am, 7 am, or 5 pm, they should be able to come on and play without a bad ping and have people to play with. Not to mention on their day off they may want to play extra hours. There is no reason to segregate the players, just have it so everyone had access to other players to play with on every match.

WvW / PVP ONLY