World vs. World lack of dev attention

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Edited for clarity

As a WvW player I’m concerned with the lack of attention directed to this part of the game from the side of the developers.
At this time, we don’t see any attention directed to WvW, nor any patches or updates. We had a ‘fall tournament’ that featured a bunch of achievements with as a reward the same skins from the last tournament.

It’s as if WvW is just not worth the time and money to Arenanet. I can say for 99% of the WvW base that this is very disappointing.

If you’re the 1% I didn’t talk for, i’m okay with you disagreeing. I do not count EotM as a part of World vs. World. That’s a pve/pvd champion karmatrain.

Long story short: WvW has serious problems (coverage, population, rewards, player vs. door, lack of guild content etc), and it’s hardly amusing for us to wait for fixes, two years and counting.

Would be really grateful if someone of arenanet gave us an update.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Oh yeah, in be4 the people saying we got Edge of the Mists… that’s not World vs. World… that’s a pve/pvd champion karmatrain.

And yet it was something that was created and tweaked based on what the WvW-players said and wanted during the closed beta of said map.

So maybe that is why we have a lack of big updates (because we do have updates)? They don’t find it worth spending time and resources doing something people say they want when it just ends up with people complaining about how bad it is and how it is not what was asked for (despite being created with the help of the players)

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

WWW should have bigger influence on PVE but WWW on PVE ! not PVE on WWW.
They should just add some weekly reward track(like weekly matchup) and people would be able to earn there temporary magic find(even up to 300%), increased gold income,karma income,crafting crit chance etc etc. These buffs would be account bound but only for 1 player not server 1 player . No more “I have 200% mf from www and even didnt enter any bl .”
Just think if player would be able to gain extra 300% mf and gold income (would also affect dung rewards so instead 1 gold from cof you would be able to earn 2g per path) much more players will play www.
And we all know that www has big problem casue of population , more people who play everyday can fix a lot of problems which www has right now .

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

The community for WvW is getting smaller each week, I know several former hardcore WvW players who got bored of waiting for updates, and moved onto another game, and ended up taking there friends/guilds with them, they have no desire to return to WvW in this game no matter what happens now, it will eventually hit critical mass where even the highest servers will not bother,

Its a fine line between reward and skill for WvW, if the reward becomes to big PvE players/bots show up to farm it, if its not big enough WvW players get screwed,

The rewards in WvW should be linked to the objectives you take, abit like how MF works in PvE, it could be linked to the title track, ( not exact numbers but you’ll get the idea )

Cap 100 objectives ( xp/karma/wxp/gold gain) increases by 1%
Cap 1000 objectives (xp/karma/wxp/gold gain ) increases by 10%
Just make it that every 100 objectives it goes up 1%

It only affects WvW, and the buff is only affective in WvW, most PvE players will not bother with it, meaning that WvW players are at least getting some sort of buff,

Hopefully some long time players of WvW will have better ideas on bonus etc,

I personally stopped playing WvW when it because very apparent we are not going to see major updates/rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Wasn’t there an “Adopt a Dev” program running in WvW recently? Maybe we will see the results of that soon™

A few “changes” I’d make in WvW:

The first change is to make all events work like in the Silverwastes. So, for example if I spend my time trebbing a Keep’s door, so my team-mates can capture the Keep, I can’t run to the Keep to get event contribution killing the Lord, instead everyone that contributed in taking the objective should earn the rewards. Same thing when taking camps etc, individual mobs shouldn’t drop loot, but reward everyone involved on event completion.

Second change is to add a buff similar to the SW one, the more events you do, objectives you capture / defend etc, the more stacks it gets, giving more MF, karma gain, gold gain, exp gain etc

Third change is to increase the rewards based on map coverage, the more objectives owned by a server, the higher their rewards, so it’s worth to defend objectives. Of course some tweak might be needed in the home borderland of each server

Fourth change is to increase the rewards from a high score, for PVE balance they could make these extra bonuses available only in WvW. Instead of increasing the combat abilities of combatants, these rewards should give better loot drops/ gold/karma etc

WvW needs better rewards, that’s something the devs probably know already, but I don’t see them working actively to change it

in WvW

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

The community for WvW is getting smaller each week, I know several former hardcore WvW players who got bored of waiting for updates, and moved onto another game, and ended up taking there friends/guilds with them, they have no desire to return to WvW in this game no matter what happens now, it will eventually hit critical mass where even the highest servers will not bother,

Its a fine line between reward and skill for WvW, if the reward becomes to big PvE players/bots show up to farm it, if its not big enough WvW players get screwed,

The rewards in WvW should be linked to the objectives you take, abit like how MF works in PvE, it could be linked to the title track, ( not exact numbers but you’ll get the idea )

Cap 100 objectives ( xp/karma/wxp/gold gain) increases by 1%
Cap 1000 objectives (xp/karma/wxp/gold gain ) increases by 10%
Just make it that every 100 objectives it goes up 1%

It only affects WvW, and the buff is only affective in WvW, most PvE players will not bother with it, meaning that WvW players are at least getting some sort of buff,

Hopefully some long time players of WvW will have better ideas on bonus etc,

I personally stopped playing WvW when it because very apparent we are not going to see major updates/rewards.

I think that buff gained on www should work in entire game(pve) so it will be motivation to play www casue thank that buff players will earn much more gold/loot in pve .
I also think that www reward track should only work in normal www(no eotm) and should be based mostly on kills(wxp from kills),objectives should be minority on this track . We dont need another eotm on normal www .
I think that passive boosts like that will bring a lot of new players and then maybe anet will see some future for www.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

It’s even going faster then some people think. Almost everyone Xferred to a certain server, making that server way to strong (numbers). But at the same time, this even faster bores the enemies nr 2-5, who already have a hard time beating them, and keeping up with wvw issues (like what op is saying). Imagine, the demoralizing nature of nr 1 server absorbing to much people, while Anet doenst give a glimpse of life? I used to play wvw often, and because of the combination of these issues, i’m not bothering much lately anymore to play wvw. Once you hit the point where nr 2-5 completely abbandon serious fights, then even the nr 1 stack server full of fight motivation, will be hit by a wall of boredom. And then dark times will come for wvw. I still believe it’s possible to fix it. It even doesnt need to be big, you just need to pump life and balance in wvw, that will keep most players happy. Also do a longterm project on it, with motivated people, who communicate with the community (Example: Gaile Gray, she isn’t a dev, but we already feel her influence in the game, can’t ask for more). I’m pretty sure Gaile even made a complete report of what the people in wvw forum want, but the problem is… Way to few wvw devs. No wvw devs, nothing can change (for the good or the bad).

Time to do something. Small or big, but something.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Solution-to-fix-the-population-imbalance/page/22#post4460160

Put my opinion earlier on what could be done about WvW. Doesn’t seem like enough devs care to get things done. We just end up getting crappy kitten crap like the change to Quinten Lake tower that was broken for ages. I wonder if that change even went through QA cause it was horrible and extremely uncharacteristic of ANet’s usual work

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Is WvW esports? Can it be turned into a gem store cash farm to fund esports?

If not then it is doomed to die and the devs could care less.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They say we don’t know what they are preparing behind the scene… But honestly when you have zero information on anything meaningful being done in a year and all you hear about is the removal of white swords you have to wonder just how disconnected they are from their competitive players. This game has so much amazing potential not being explored it’s mind boggling.

They have a new PvE mechanic where an enemy can steal your boons, it’s full of nice new visual effects, then in WvW there is nothing new! No new fields, no new skills, no new boons, no new maps, no new game types, no new traits, no new ideas at all.

In a year you get 3 new tag colors (people can no longer afford tags in return) and a siege disabler that is often making the game frustrating.

When GW1 came out it quickly became king of competitive play in MMOs, but GW2 still has a long way to go to live up to that name.

Anyway, no point repeating it over and over. Either they aren’t doing anything for WvW or they are very bad at creating hype for new upcoming content.

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Oh yeah, in be4 the people saying we got Edge of the Mists… that’s not World vs. World… that’s a pve/pvd champion karmatrain.

And yet it was something that was created and tweaked based on what the WvW-players said and wanted during the closed beta of said map.

As I recall the groups who were invited to test EOTM were sPvP guilds, not exactly WvW players.

That said, from adopt-a-dev devs somehow got the impression we want white swords removed. Well the majority of WvW players have already posted on these forums saying they dont want that!

So question is, after spending time with WvW players, how did the devs come up with a change which, after posting about it, almost all WvW players said they dont want it?!
It’s like going to a takeaway ordering a pizza to eat in, and the person taking your order shouting back to the kitchen “One salad to go”

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

There is no world vs world sub-forum that was removed a long time ago You may wish to try gw2wvw.net for that.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Seriously? Questioning communication after a WvW CDI? To me, this seems like digging pretty deep for the OP to find something to complain about. They communicated extensively on WvW. All the devs jumped in it together. Now they are taking time to mull over ideas. I find limited validity at best to the “communication” complaint.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Seriously? Questioning communication after a WvW CDI? To me, this seems like digging pretty deep for the OP to find something to complain about. They communicated extensively on WvW. All the devs jumped in it together. Now they are taking time to mull over ideas. I find limited validity at best to the “communication” complaint.

We don’t need communication, we need something to actually be done.

in WvW

Posted by: eugenstash.8610

eugenstash.8610

As I recall the groups who were invited to test EOTM were sPvP guilds, not exactly WvW players.

That said, from adopt-a-dev devs somehow got the impression we want white swords removed. Well the majority of WvW players have already posted on these forums saying they dont want that!

So question is, after spending time with WvW players, how did the devs come up with a change which, after posting about it, almost all WvW players said they dont want it?!
It’s like going to a takeaway ordering a pizza to eat in, and the person taking your order shouting back to the kitchen “One salad to go”

Clever good sir, clever.

in WvW

coglin.1867

You presume to speak for the community? Who is this we? I am simply speaking for myself, based on what the OP stated. He specifically and disingenuously claims that WvW gets no attention. You would probably do everyone a great service if you stuck to speaking for just yourself.

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

You presume to speak for the community? Who is this we? I am simply speaking for myself, based on what the OP stated. He specifically and disingenuously claims that WvW gets no attention. You would probably do everyone a great service if you stuck to speaking for just yourself.

If you look around you you’ll see that I am speaking for the vast majority of WvW players here when I say we want real meaningful WvW content and fixes to population balance and to the scoring systems. I am really not afraid to say “We” in that context, as it includes all of my guild friends who have literally been starving for new content as well.

The OP isn’t strictly talking about communication either, he mentions content and patches.

Personally I have spent tons of money on the Gem store expecting something new for WvW after EotM and I am truly disappointing that my money didn’t go to produce more WvW content.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

I’m rather confident (as Xillix) that most WvW players would like some improvements/additions, even if it means giving us a few new maps or other objectives.

To give a suggestion: the thing I think needs an improvement most is player vs. door. It’s really not good when a ‘supposedly’ player versus player mode turns out to be nothing other than player versus environment… What can be done to remove PvD as much as possible?
1) Change the way scoring points works: PPK
2) Give better rewards for actually defending a structure
3) Finally ban the level difference in WvW: give everyone access to BiS gear as it is in SPvP (this is needed if you want 1))

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Still looking forward to see the testing results on EOTM being implemented in WvW.
Because that is what EOTM was supposed to be according to Arena Net – a testing place for future WvW content, now 12 months later, still nothing.
Interesting.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Still looking forward to see the testing results on EOTM being implemented in WvW.
Because that is what EOTM was supposed to be according to Arena Net – a testing place for future WvW content, now 12 months later, still nothing.
Interesting.

Or maybe they decided to scrap that seeing how people constantly shout about how EotM is not WvW and that is the worst thing ever to be added to the game?

That is the thing with plans after all. They might change based on new information.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

WvW and PvP has become a filler for contents between living story chapter. That is all….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Interesting.

Or maybe they decided to scrap that seeing how people constantly shout about how EotM is not WvW and that is the worst thing ever to be added to the game?

That is the thing with plans after all. They might change based on new information.

Well giving up on adding EotM to the PPT rotation is the worse decision Anet has taken. Of course when you are stuck with 3 identical maps on the battlefield it’s difficult to justify adding EOTM.

However this is what they need to do:
1- Make a third WvW map
2- Remove identical Borderland map duplicates
3- add EotM and new map to PPT rotation
4- Make an improved “version 2” of Eternal Battleground
5- Harmonize loot/rewards across all maps
6- Merge servers into 3 alliances
7- Make it so Guild can choose their alliances for a large influence fee
8- Add an overflow TDM / GvG map battleground with overflows where score contribute to PPT

Here you go, 3 more years of amazing gameplay.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Back in the adopt-a-dev, we had an admission straight from a dev that there’s been very little attention for WvW, and unlikely to ever be anything added in future, because they can’t find a way to monetize WvW.
But when you ask people what they’d be willing to pay for…. suddenly they go quiet. You want maps? Gonna have to find a way to make it worth their while. ANet aren’t a charity. But it’s easier to just cry rather than pay $5, so guess what’s gonna happen.

You know why we have the EoTM champ-train? Because those are the kind of people who pay for boosters. You know why we don’t have a hardcore GvG map? Because those are the kind of people who are proud to never pay anything. You know why populations and servers have remained unfixed? Because transfers are the only source of revenue from WvW. Think about your priorities, and think about whether $5 is really worth more than 2 years of suffering for WvW.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

in WvW

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

Greatest example of a squandered opportunity in an mmo EVER.

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

Back in the adopt-a-dev, we had an admission straight from a dev that there’s been very little attention for WvW, and unlikely to ever be anything added in future, because they can’t find a way to monetize WvW.

Are you talking about a post in the forums or some direct coversation with a dev in game?

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

But when you ask people what they’d be willing to pay for…. suddenly they go quiet. You want maps? Gonna have to find a way to make it worth their while. ANet aren’t a charity. But it’s easier to just cry rather than pay $5, so guess what’s gonna happen.

You know why we have the EoTM champ-train? Because those are the kind of people who pay for boosters. You know why we don’t have a hardcore GvG map? Because those are the kind of people who are proud to never pay anything. You know why populations and servers have remained unfixed? Because transfers are the only source of revenue from WvW. Think about your priorities, and think about whether $5 is really worth more than 2 years of suffering for WvW.

I’ve been saying this for months and so have others. There’s simply no way for them to create an ongoing flow of money from wvw. If there were we’d probably get updates to it every 2 weeks just like their pve content.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

A new map influencing wvw ppt would be awesome…A new WvW map that is,not another Eotm pve farm train.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

WvW is easily monetisable. There are lots of ways from upgrade tokens bought with gems (in multiples of course), to bulk siege blueprints and if they bothered, guild banner emblems with gem store only designs similar to hair styles if they make structure claiming a lot better and more important. Other monetisable stuff include what they already do – finishers

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

coglin.1867

However this is what they need to do:
1- Make a third WvW map

If your suggesting a map for the sake of diversity from EB + Borderlands, I can agree, this is a good idea.

2- Remove identical Borderland map duplicates

No. There is a reason the BLs are the same. For congruent game play between maps.

3- add EotM and new map to PPT rotation

To clarify, are you suggesting using EotM map separately? A set for the regular WvW and one for the manner EotM is now?

4- Make an improved “version 2” of Eternal Battleground

Define “improved” in this instance? Mind you, I am not against the idea of revamping a map. For a change of pace if nothing else. But what do you consider to be improvements.

5- Harmonize loot/rewards across all maps

Elaborate on that a little would you?

6- Merge servers into 3 alliances

How? The top 6 servers already have map queues regularly. Would we use more 6,7, or 8 maps to compensate?

7- Make it so Guild can choose their alliances for a large influence fee

Eh.

8- Add an overflow TDM / GvG map battleground with overflows where score contribute to PPT

TDM? We have already established we cannot have over flows in WvW. It creates unbalanced maps inorganically. This suggestion only magnifies the problem, it doesn’t solve it.

I’ve been saying this for months and so have others. There’s simply no way for them to create an ongoing flow of money from wvw. If there were we’d probably get updates to it every 2 weeks just like their pve content.

This is incorrect. As well, I would love to see evidence of the earlier post proclaiming a developer stating they “know” they cannot monetize WvW. There are post in economy discussions here with devs and the resident economist that state the opposite, and explain how WvW is monetized.

It is monetized be being a full and varying aspect of the game, that both draws new players, and retains old players. Both of which are as likely to invest in the gem store and those in PvE and PvP.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

So maybe that is why we have a lack of big updates (because we do have updates)? They don’t find it worth spending time and resources doing something people say they want when it just ends up with people complaining about how bad it is and how it is not what was asked for (despite being created with the help of the players)

I dont know if you were in the beta that you are always using as an negative example, but bro let me tell you how it went.
One of anets Living Story team build the map.
They designed the mechanics of the map.
They invited the players to test the map for bugs and maybe tweak the mechanics a little.
They did not, and I repeat it for you since you love everything Anet does, they did NOT ask us how we would build the map, what a new WvW map would need etc. They asked us to BETATEST a map that was already there. They didnt ask what we want, they asked what we thought of their creation.

So please, for the love of the flying spaghetti monster, stop using EotM as a negative example in every thread to defend Anet from the evil minded WvW players. Simply because the WvW players didnt design it.

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

I think it’s kind of silly to say “I spent X in the gem store so I’m mad they didn’t give me this!” That’s like taking someone on a date, spending a lot of money and posting on their facebook wall the next day that you’re upset they didn’t sleep with you. In that sense a lot of gw2 players feel like they bought their way into arenanet’s pants with all the gems they purchase. Everything you buy in the gem store is of your own volition. They give you skins, toys boosters, upgrades and dyes to play around with for your money, not influence over their dev practices and direction, and frankly it’d be unfair to the whole player base if some rich gamers got to influence the game for their own benefit just because they spent a lot. That doesn’t just go for wvw’ers, that goes any gamers that use those same sentiments.

What you’re doing now though, speaking out on it and giving constructive feedback, spitballing ideas, participating in CDI’s… I feel like that’s the way to affect change. If you’re angry, stay angry about what’s happening to WvW, but there’s no need to be babyish. I mean we can wonder what devs spend their time on but then we have people warping around maps in golems or destroying keep doors from underground. We can finally have zergs clash without crashing the client due to graphical improvements. We have waves of gold sellers and hackers. We have living story which, like it or not, probably gets the biggest influx of money into the cash shop from skins related to the current chapters. We have this looming demand for an expansion and GvG. Every fan of specific GW1 modes or PvPer or PvE champ wants what they want right now in their specific game mode. No one wants WvW ignored, least of all the devs, but the big reason they participated in the WvW tournaments and have had a huge CDI that had a lot of help from us gamers is that they want WvW to be better. They tried that with EotM and even if it failed in lending to WvW fun factor, they are going to keep on trying things.

And for real, we’ve had some really bad community ideas that made it through to production in the game. Some CDI’d ranger changes that made them into 1-trick dps ponies and didn’t solve core issues, purely instanced living world content with no map-wide events to get excited about (until recently), and the list goes on. To be honest I don’t know a simple fix that will make WvW worthwhile and fair. If we get PPK, imagine how “alliances” will work… just think about it. That’s right, we’ll see straight up wvw boosting as if all the hacks weren’t bad enough. I’ve been proposing ideas in other threads that just might be straight up bad but I’m trying to come up with something. I know you all are too. I think something good will come of it soon so I’m trying to find ways to bring gold profit and variety to wvw and balance servers. Good luck to all of you hardcore wvw’ers that want to see something better from this.

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

It has nothing to do with people believing Anet owes us anything for purchases from the gem store. I’m not sure where you get that idea? There’s been tons of constructive feedback and criticism. How often do they do anything with it? How often do they do anything at all?

BG

in WvW

johnsonade.9547

Personally I have spent tons of money on the Gem store expecting something new for WvW after EotM and I am truly disappointing that my money didn’t go to produce more WvW content.

There you go.

As far as when devs are going to do something with WvW, that’s complicated. They are trying things and soon. They have done cdi’s, They read feedback. What the community has done naturally with WvW is flock to stronger servers for greater competition, rewards and reputation. And regions just don’t have 24hr coverage like some servers. Also an issue. I don’t know how to fix that and they are having a hard time with it as well, but it is being looked at. The thing is, when fixes do come, are we going to be the kind of WvW’ers that can’t be satisfied or patient? Are we going to forget when we get great features, consume them and just get bored again? I know we will, but I’m glad a lot of us are really trying to find ways to improve it.

(edited by johnsonade.9547)

in WvW

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

Don’t think many of us WvW’s will be left in game when they finnaly do decide to come out whit some new stuff. (anything less then new point system, maps and server re-doing wont help.) NA/EU bronze is been dead for a year, now silver is there to only few upper srvers have small fights and gold has life for next 6 month max. PPl are not willing to play it anymore everything is same old day in and out.

From peronal knowlege i know that EU gold server alliances are falling apart. More and more its just karma training rather then fighting.

after LS there will be yet another pointless season and Anet will c ohhh look we have good numbers playing WvW while actually its just masses of achivment grinders.

This game mode is nearing it’s end and they will rather pull the plug then waste money and time on not profitable thing.

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

There you go.

As far as when devs are going to do something with WvW, that’s complicated. They are trying things and soon. They have done cdi’s, They read feedback. What the community has done naturally with WvW is flock to stronger servers for greater competition, rewards and reputation. And regions just don’t have 24hr coverage like some servers. Also an issue. I don’t know how to fix that and they are having a hard time with it as well, but it is being looked at. The thing is, when fixes do come, are we going to be the kind of WvW’ers that can’t be satisfied or patient? Are we going to forget when we get great features, consume them and just get bored again? I know we will, but I’m glad a lot of us are really trying to find ways to improve it.

That’s one person who seemingly feels they should have gotten something for their gem store purchases. One person, not indicative of the wvw community at large.

Keep in mind that we’re looking at the pace of changes, updates, new content, etc on the pve/ls side of the house and comparing it to what happens with wvw. That’s where a huge part of the issue lies. They get new stuff every 2 weeks (mostly). They get constant updates, constant bug fixes, blah, blah, blah.

But the wvw side goes for many many months waiting for any sign of life. Then they come a long, do cdi, ask for feedback, and decide that removing white swords is a “good idea”. Which for the life of me I can’t figure out what makes them think that anyone in the wvw community wanted that change. Which just illustrates they don’t seem to be paying attention. Or they really don’t care. If I were to bet on it I’d say they don’t care.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

So please, for the love of the flying spaghetti monster, stop using EotM as a negative example in every thread to defend Anet from the evil minded WvW players. Simply because the WvW players didnt design it.

It’s his best Straw Man argument. He defines it how he wants, and beats players up with it. Constantly.

I just wish the self appointed mods would go away.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

johnsonade.9547

There you go.

That’s one person who seemingly feels they should have gotten something for their gem store purchases. One person, not indicative of the wvw community at large.

Keep in mind that we’re looking at the pace of changes, updates, new content, etc on the pve/ls side of the house and comparing it to what happens with wvw. That’s where a huge part of the issue lies. They get new stuff every 2 weeks (mostly). They get constant updates, constant bug fixes, blah, blah, blah.

But the wvw side goes for many many months waiting for any sign of life. Then they come a long, do cdi, ask for feedback, and decide that removing white swords is a “good idea”. Which for the life of me I can’t figure out what makes them think that anyone in the wvw community wanted that change. Which just illustrates they don’t seem to be paying attention. Or they really don’t care. If I were to bet on it I’d say they don’t care.

I wish I could agree with you and I’m not knocking wvw community’s momentum, but this same attitude of theatening to not buy gems because you’re not getting what you want is prevalent in all modes of GW2 and also on reddit. If it was just one person I’d seen this out of recently, I wouldn’t have taken the time to type it up.

And yeah, I get it. You’re jealous of the attention that other modes get because you don’t want to lose players and you don’t want matchups to be skewed and people to server hop or to keep blowing gold just to maintain critical buffs and you don’t want to be bored with what we have in WvW currently. I don’t want those things either but I look at gw2 as a whole, and if given enough time I think the devs will improve wvw for the better, regardless of what we think they should be doing right now. If you’re fed up though I can’t convince you to stay. Lots of WvWers have moved to ArcheAge from my server, and I want them back. But we’re having a non argument right now in that I’m agreeing with your points but not the hopeless attitudes I’ve encountered in this subforum and out of wvw’ers in other forums.

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

More rewards for WvW is a great idea. We should get some really nice, high visibility stuff for number of player kills. WvW rank should be displayable as a title. We should get piles of gold and toys for WvW achievements. : )

For the Toast!

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

I wish I could agree with you and I’m not knocking wvw community’s momentum, but this same attitude of theatening to not buy gems because you’re not getting what you want is prevalent in all modes of GW2 and also on reddit. If it was just one person I’d seen this out of recently, I wouldn’t have taken the time to type it up.

I don’t know a lot of wvw players who buy gems except to transfer. And most of them just want to find a good, stable community to participate in wvw. It’s not like they’re typically out there buying outfits and gathering tools on a regular basis.

And yeah, I get it. You’re jealous of the attention that other modes get because you don’t want to lose players and you don’t want matchups to be skewed and people to server hop or to keep blowing gold just to maintain critical buffs and you don’t want to be bored with what we have in WvW currently. I don’t want those things either but I look at gw2 as a whole, and if given enough time I think the devs will improve wvw for the better, regardless of what we think they should be doing right now. If you’re fed up though I can’t convince you to stay. Lots of WvWers have moved to ArcheAge from my server, and I want them back. But we’re having a non argument right now in that I’m agreeing with your points but not the hopeless attitudes I’ve encountered in this subforum and out of wvw’ers in other forums.

Not really jealous. People will play what they enjoy playing. It’s just sad that a game mode with so much potential has turned to garbage. Blame it on Anet, blame it on the players, blame it on the almighty dollar, blame it on whoever you wish but the fact remains it’s in bad shape. That wvw players are moving to Archeage is a testimony to how bad wvw has become.

BG

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

I paid quite a bit for my full ascended gear, even with farming. I want full ascended for every character I bring into WvW, and I want to bring at least three. I buy a lot of siege, too. I spend a lot more money on WvW than on PvE.

and lemongrass poultry soup, gak

For the Toast!

(edited by Nanyetah Elohi.4852)

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

someone should nerf necros, btw.

For the Toast!

in WvW

johnsonade.9547

@Kanebrake Then you know I’m in your corner too. It is sad what’s happening, but I know this subforum’s in good hands with WvW’ers like you. I’ll def keep +1’ing and trying to give support to great WvW ideas.

@Nanyetah Elohi I can’t agree more. WvWers should be able to get best-in-slot gear and make decent gold just as much as dungeon runners do. You even earn decent gold per hour in PvP. I’d suggest high tier gathering nodes in keeps, castles or on borderlands with high PPT, but top quality ascended wvw gear would be really impressive. To make WvW more like war, there should definitely be ways to get better spoils, whether its from raiding, gathering or outright winning. Find ways to reward every type of wvw’er and I can guarantee we’ll get an influx of players back.

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

Ok dude, I see where you’re coming from, but I can’t say I agree.
What you say is basically: “WvW can’t get new stuff cause there’s no way to ask players to pay for it”. The main problem I have with this is that I don’t see what’s the difference with PvE and SPvP. Both of these get regular patches, changes, additions. PvE is, truthfully, given the most attention, though PvP still got a couple of new maps and a completely reworked reward system.

I don’t know why PvE and PvP get that much more attention that WvW, because the stuff in the gem store isn’t even directed at PvE players, most of it is cosmetic, and all the finishers are for PvP and WvW uses only. Boosters are useless, so I doubt anyone buys those at all.

So in short: why is WvW the black sheep, if you accept that WvW players can buy all of the gem store items just as much as the PvP and PvE players?

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

Oh and I’d like to add: why do you think monetizing WvW is hard?

Suggestion: gem store wvw:
- custom banners: different styles of banner
- custom castle skins: e.g. gold ornaments
- custom siege weapons: e.g. a catapult shooting rainbow quaggans instead of cannon balls, rainbow unicorn pun intended.

Sell it for 500-800 gems in the store, i’m sure people will hop on. Just give us some regular fixes, updates idk… anything.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

- custom siege weapons: e.g. a catapult shooting rainbow quaggans instead of cannon balls, rainbow unicorn pun intended.

Sell it for 500-800 gems in the store, i’m sure people will hop on. Just give us some regular fixes, updates idk… anything.

And then people would whine about them spending time on those things rather than doing stuff for “fixing” WvW.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Falx.8427

Falx.8427

And then people would whine about them spending time on those things rather than doing stuff for “fixing” WvW.

So, mr lordkrall, what do YOU think should be done with WvW? Or are you happy with it’s current state?

Amplified Wrath [AmP]
Badmash [bM]
Furious Cookies [FURY]

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

This may be lost on you but… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Is_Money

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

That would be nice IF WvW had a revamp…. and not the cap n’ leave system.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

So, mr lordkrall, what do YOU think should be done with WvW? Or are you happy with it’s current state?

He is clearly happy with the tons of updates and content being released for WvW this year duh.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Which CDI? There’s been several, but notice the large gap after the EotM one. The tone of that one was duplicitous and there was a real change in the nature of communication after that one.

The developers have their own vision of what they want to develop, and if that’s not what we want we’ll be hung out to dry. Lack of customer-focus has sunk bigger and more successful companies than ANET.