Wrong Answer again Anet RIP WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

The EotM server mechanic is a mistake – period. I doesn’t give good fights, when you blob v blob with uplevels that die so quickly and are clueless to their surroundings.

It would do some good as they are crutches. As soon as a keep is T3, unless the server holding the keep is not on, you can hold the keep indefinitely against anyone. That is not fights, that is just lazy development.

You blob vs blob in wvw too lol… There are as many equally inexperienced players in wvw…

The differences are that wvw has more running time, less fighting and it’s easier to treb structures from safety.

The eotm map layout is superior in design and forces more fights to happen in the open due to less structures to hide in. Also, the tunnel system allows groups traverse the map better, attack objectives faster and for defenders to make it in time to defend objectives.

There are many aspects of eotm that would make wvw far more enjoyable if applied like megaservers to resolve population issues, timed matches so it squashes the day vs night issues, the supply systems, supply at spawn when keep is taken, fun stuff like wisps and scorps, less structures to hide in so it promotes fighting and tunnels to use as mentioned…

Overall eotm is better for players looking for fights and faster paced gameplay. WvW is boring as all get out by comparison.

Not every tier is blob vs blob.. You know why people leave the higher tiers to move towards the middle or lower tiers? Because it is harder to roam and get into more small scale fights being up top. Some prefer this over having map queues and massive fights. It is fine that you enjoy EoTM but can you please stop trying to force that upon all of us? That is your opinion and I’ve done EoTM leveling alts and what I see and what you claim it is, is way off.

Even if I was to go in it today, it would be easy kills because most players are uplevels. Last time this topic came up I went into EoTM to see if it changed and it didn’t. I roamed and killed groups of 3 – 4 that were trying to get back to the zergs by myself because half of them were uplevels and were probably running pve builds.. You either get on a good map or you have to keep trying to get on a good map.. You get on maps where you are just farmed or you do the farming. You get on maps where people just want to k-train instead of fighting.. You get on maps where if you die players rage because they got killed in a pvp environment.

Sorry but I don’t see any of that in WvW. We die, we suck it up and we go back to fight again. If I want to run around taking things, I’ll follow the pug commander. If I want to roam and try to take camps to bring out other roamers, I roam. If I want to find some friendly duels, I look at the spots where most people duel at. EoTM has 1 play style and that is to follow 1 tag.. WvW has them all.

Either way if you like EoTM go play EoTM. Stop trying to turn WvW into that.

Not every tier had or has the population to blob vs blob.

You have a very limited view of eotm and the great potential some of the elements found there would improve wvw.

Improve it for some but make it worse for others. What great elements does EoTM map have? The falling to your death just by looking at the map when you auto run? The tunnels you can run into to run away from fights? The scorpions that are moving siege? The wisps that make you not take damage while in wisp form and you can explode them and knock players off edges???

I answered that question, you are free to read a previous post.

You are embellishing things and grasping at straws in your counter argument.

I didn’t see anything in your previous posts that would improve wvw for EVERYONE besides not being able to treb objectives from another which they gave us in the new maps but went overboard lol You mentioned EoTM map elements. I just listed a bunch of them from EoTM that would not improve the game mode but would add more gimmicks that so many wvw’ers seem to dislike. Funny how you write a lot when you want to turn WvW into EoTM but when others reply to you with counter arguments you have little to nothing to say and basically blow it off.

Either way I didn’t want to go back and forth with you but every time EoTM pops up you are the first one pushing for it saying the same exact thing you’ve said even when others constantly try to tell you that it could possibly destroy wvw as we know it. You are happy with EoTM so play EoTM. I don’t like EoTM so I don’t go there. Maybe since I don’t like EoTM I should try to get it changed into WvW since that is what I prefer?? That is basically what you are doing..

Your problem is that you don’t play in eotm so you don’t look at mechanics and things objectively.

You asked what great elements does eotm have and I already answered those.

You embellish things like the “falling off and being knock off the edge” thing…

It’s easier to run from fights in wvw with all the structures to hide in, it happens all the time. Tunnels in eotm work many ways… Quicker travel for offense and to get to objectives faster to defend. Again, it’s easier to run and hide from a fight in wvw…

So what if scorps are mobile seige, they are also fun.

Wisps have a timer and are also a fun tactic. Again, you embellish the knock back on wisp abilities. Players don’t fight near the edges and there are very few spots where this could happen.

When I have talked about eotm I mostly refer to the player pooling mechanics to fix population issues. Since you have been following my posts in this section so closely then you should have understood that from a long time ago.

The individual server vs individual server vs individual server design doesn’t work obviously. Common sense tells me that an alliance/megaserver system would resolve that major issue across the entire game.

Also, if you don’t go to eotm, then you should spend some time there before you criticize it, the players who go there or my posts.

I must be masochistic today because I’m responding to this.

EotM is not WvW. I consider it a fourth game mode that caters to an different audience. A lot of the things that work in EotM simply won’t work in WvW because the player bases while overlapping a bit are different.

The things that you love so much about EotM I consider PvE gimmicks.

“Players run from fights more often in WvW” – untrue from my experience. You also claimed earlier in this thread that EotM players are as experienced. That statement is very untrue from my experience.

For me there are only 3 reasons for me to go to EotM. 1) Leveling alts 2) Helping guildies get confidence on a new toon by destroying sub-standard players 3) I had a bad day so I make it better by derailing the Ktrain.

I get that you like EotM and I hold nothing against you for liking it but don’t try to bring over EotM style play to WvW.

Don’t worry about responding to this Swagger I already know that it will be something about reading the thread or reading comprehension.

Both are pvp zones, let’s not be insulting to the thousands of players who enjoy it.

Your issue is that you don’t look at things objectively. Obviously population issues exist in wvw and the eotm map mechanics resolve that.

There are day vs night capping issues too that the timed matches resolve as well.

There are differences that will obviously remain between the two, but to not look at potential problem solvers, that have tons of stats to back them up now, is really a limited way of thinking.

The interesting thing is that I see many posts that don’t offer any fixes for wvw so let’s have a go at it…

How are you going to grow the wvw population numbers now?

How are you going to make sure each server can have closer to equal populations so they can be competitive and not face the same tiers each week?

How are you going to resolve the day vs night capping issues and make sure both time frames are able to contribute equally?

What reward systems should be introduced as incentive to play wvw more?

Let’s see some viable problem solving answers…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

No matter how much you or anyone else QQ’s, rest assured, WvW will not “die”. It may “die” to you, as you quit, but it will not die from the game…

Of course because you and your 2 friends that are " rolling the DBL" are willing to step up and financially support the game to make up for the thousands of players that were buying thousands of gold a month that have left since HoT came out right?

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Looking through the threads I only think that all these serious wvw commanders cannot even adapt to some challenging terrain.

So ArenaNet needs to plan some escalators and more waypoints for these posers. This “hardcore” WvW group is just a sack of potatoes. Instead of crushing their enemies with some intelligent terrain matching tactics they are QQing on the forums like babies about their inability and mindnumbing egos.

At least to some extend anyway. I don’t mean to say that all changes make for a good match up, but the map is a constant that can easily be learned. Just not many have been trying, and just gave up on it. Even the gimmicks have cooldowns that can be played around to some extent.

Removal of gimmicks is a suggestion for the plebs. Rebalancing them so they can be countered easier is much better. Or better creating counters for them so you can negate certain effects.

If there’s so many people in T1 that are good that are standing down, they sure are a huge disappointment anyway. One trick ponies, know one map and gave up when the map was too challenging. What a joke.

Maybe it’s time to make WvW more appealing to more people by increasing rewards, because the current ones are kitten ing it up, thinking theyre special.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

No matter how much you or anyone else QQ’s, rest assured, WvW will not “die”. It may “die” to you, as you quit, but it will not die from the game…

Of course because you and your 2 friends that are " rolling the DBL" are willing to step up and financially support the game to make up for the thousands of players that were buying thousands of gold a month that have left since HoT came out right?

LOL you are from T1 and you claim this? Do you even still play? Last reset ALL 4 MAPS were queued on T1 for several hours. Maybe you didn’t have 4 maps queued but that’s because you usually k-train it up in EBG.

The YB experience is not the experience of the other servers. If the game largely dies on other servers and you are still there fighting doors most of the time is it still alive?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Looking through the threads I only think that all these serious wvw commanders cannot even adapt to some challenging terrain.

So ArenaNet needs to plan some escalators and more waypoints for these posers. This “hardcore” WvW group is just a sack of potatoes. Instead of crushing their enemies with some intelligent terrain matching tactics they are QQing on the forums like babies about their inability and mindnumbing egos.

At least to some extend anyway. I don’t mean to say that all changes make for a good match up, but the map is a constant that can easily be learned. Just not many have been trying, and just gave up on it. Even the gimmicks have cooldowns that can be played around to some extent.

Removal of gimmicks is a suggestion for the plebs. Rebalancing them so they can be countered easier is much better. Or better creating counters for them so you can negate certain effects.

If there’s so many people in T1 that are good that are standing down, they sure are a huge disappointment anyway. One trick ponies, know one map and gave up when the map was too challenging. What a joke.

Maybe it’s time to make WvW more appealing to more people by increasing rewards, because the current ones are kitten ing it up, thinking theyre special.

Funny, b4 we stood down our guild was one of the very few willing to step foot on DBL, and one of the few that know it very well.. That isn’t the issue. Knowing it and liking it are two different things. If it isn’t fun people are not going to keep doing it, and it just isn’t fun. Adding “escalators” will not solve the problems as the issue is the map needs to be designed from the ground up for nonstop strategic, challenging, fun pvp action the entire time you are on it, and this one was designed the opposite of that.

IT does no good to run on DBL when you cannot even get people to leave EBG to respond to calls, and having a server expect your guild to play 24/7 to babysit everything or no one will defend when you leave because it isn’t worth defending is not any way to play a RvR game mode.

By bringing in PvE gold farmers, you are replacing players who spend $ to receive nonstop, strategic, challenging, fun PvP with players who earn all there loot in game and have no need to inject cash into the game every month to pay the bills with.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

LOL you are from T1 and you claim this? Do you even still play? Last reset ALL 4 MAPS were queued on T1 for several hours. Maybe you didn’t have 4 maps queued but that’s because you usually k-train it up in EBG.

The YB experience is not the experience of the other servers. If the game largely dies on other servers and you are still there fighting doors most of the time is it still alive?

If everyone moves to a more populated server and you stay to fight doors, I guess you like to fight doors. Some people like to fight doors. Go into EoTM and see for yourself

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

YB is good for sure. I’d also recommend Dragonbrand. Blackgate pretty active lately. Guess I can see why some would want DB in T1, since they have a lot of coverage.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I dont want to sound pessimistic or anything, but WvW is DooOoomed.

What they need to do is so far beyond loot and balance… They need to make it fun again to get the GvG guilds to come back. That means full Guilds stats support at the bare minimum, then guild events and tags. Add to that a PPT system that doesn’t suck and PPK system that makes it possible to catch up. Combat overhaul that doesn’t reward cheese comp and builds, class balance, cosmetic rewards, removal of crap like the siege disabler, faster map travel, removal of other annoying gimmicks and obstacles, etc… The list goes on and on.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

You’re all wasting time typing on this section of the forums.

They have zero interest in what (we) the wvw players want, or they would have done it by now.

The only likely reader of this section is some bored intern whose job it is to summarise any really important bug issues to pass to an employee to add it to the list of ‘things that need fixing: wvw related: priority low’.

Remember they said reset would be moved ‘for a few weeks’ and alpine map would be in the rotation….

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

What they need to do is so far beyond loot and balance… They need to make it fun again to get the GvG guilds to come back. That means full Guilds stats support at the bare minimum, then guild events and tags. Add to that a PPT system that doesn’t suck and PPK system that makes it possible to catch up. Combat overhaul that doesn’t reward cheese comp and builds, class balance, cosmetic rewards, removal of crap like the siege disabler, faster map travel, removal of other annoying gimmicks and obstacles, etc… The list goes on and on.

I am afraid you may be right. Everyone I spoke to last night that has left the game said if things are not drastically changed ( and not the direction they have been going in)in WvW within the next couple of months they are done with it. They are already full blown / uninstall at this point. A plan to revert WvW to Pre Hot had to already be in place and ready to go by now, so may be too little too late anyhow.

Many WvW guilds are already setting up house on BDO for now and not making plans to return ( holding a place for me there if I want it, but I haven’t thrown in the towel just yet and Kalkz has not yet sung). They would have to make PPK more points per tick than owning objectives to make many even consider coming back at this point. That would shake up who fights who for sure without removing the players choice of what servers are on their team every week. Games that are focused on making Large scale PvP fun will win out in the end if Gw2 does not make drastic immediate changes in their direction and make it the best large scale PvP game on the market quick or it is all downhill from here. I just cannot understand why they waited so long to even show that they were concerned, and by this time it may be too late. Many of these players leaving are the ones who spend a ton of ca$h in the game bankrolling servers, so yea it is going to hurt the game when so many are involved.

It just makes me sad because it could have been the best Large scale PvP game on the market and be cashing in right now instead if they just had listened to their player base. I am afraid they are focusing on downsizing instead of fixing the game mode the way players asked for in the first place even now. If they cared they would have dropped the rewards and population balance idea and worked as fast as humanly possible to bring back alpine ( they really should never have implemented DBL in the first place due to what happened in Beta) but since they did, they should have made plans to roll it back a long time ago. Refusing to roll back WvW to pre HoT removing the airship, DBLs, banners, fog and other garbage that made everyone leave just means they are okay with everyone leaving and do not seem to really care that much. I dunno, maybe they think it is better off if the game is smaller/ easier to manage with less people in it.

I would have thought bringing back Pre Hot WvW , sending out surveys in players email to past and present WvW players ( not PvE, but yes only WvW players) and using those surveys to determine the direction of WvW and bring back those players and more would have been more beneficial to the game long term.

(Players coming into WvW just to do dailies I think should count in the survey as PvE players since they have nothing invested in the game mode itself and WvW is nothing more to them than a rock t o mine for loot. They can filter out the PvE players from the surveys by asking players what they spend the most time doing in WvW) 99% of the game is for PvE, WvW players should take priority in this tiny space on the game. You can add dailies anywhere and they will just add it to their rotation.. they do not need WvW for that.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Diederick.7906

Diederick.7906

What EB queue ? There haven’t been EB queues for about 2 month or so now, even on resets at prime time in upper tiers.

Don’t know which server you play on then.
I play on gandara (tier 3?) and there is a queue on ebg almost every day at prime time. After reset their is usually a queue of about 60. This all due to the fact that literally nobody wants to play in the borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Close on your quaggan impression. Its actually more like DooOOoomed

I think we are going to have to wait and see what their plan is on fixing scoring and population before we try and adjust the PPK. If scoring/population doesn’t change much, adjusting PPK will still favor the server with more numbers.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

The EotM server mechanic is a mistake – period. I doesn’t give good fights, when you blob v blob with uplevels that die so quickly and are clueless to their surroundings.

It would do some good as they are crutches. As soon as a keep is T3, unless the server holding the keep is not on, you can hold the keep indefinitely against anyone. That is not fights, that is just lazy development.

You blob vs blob in wvw too lol… There are as many equally inexperienced players in wvw…

The differences are that wvw has more running time, less fighting and it’s easier to treb structures from safety.

The eotm map layout is superior in design and forces more fights to happen in the open due to less structures to hide in. Also, the tunnel system allows groups traverse the map better, attack objectives faster and for defenders to make it in time to defend objectives.

There are many aspects of eotm that would make wvw far more enjoyable if applied like megaservers to resolve population issues, timed matches so it squashes the day vs night issues, the supply systems, supply at spawn when keep is taken, fun stuff like wisps and scorps, less structures to hide in so it promotes fighting and tunnels to use as mentioned…

Overall eotm is better for players looking for fights and faster paced gameplay. WvW is boring as all get out by comparison.

Not every tier is blob vs blob.. You know why people leave the higher tiers to move towards the middle or lower tiers? Because it is harder to roam and get into more small scale fights being up top. Some prefer this over having map queues and massive fights. It is fine that you enjoy EoTM but can you please stop trying to force that upon all of us? That is your opinion and I’ve done EoTM leveling alts and what I see and what you claim it is, is way off.

Even if I was to go in it today, it would be easy kills because most players are uplevels. Last time this topic came up I went into EoTM to see if it changed and it didn’t. I roamed and killed groups of 3 – 4 that were trying to get back to the zergs by myself because half of them were uplevels and were probably running pve builds.. You either get on a good map or you have to keep trying to get on a good map.. You get on maps where you are just farmed or you do the farming. You get on maps where people just want to k-train instead of fighting.. You get on maps where if you die players rage because they got killed in a pvp environment.

Sorry but I don’t see any of that in WvW. We die, we suck it up and we go back to fight again. If I want to run around taking things, I’ll follow the pug commander. If I want to roam and try to take camps to bring out other roamers, I roam. If I want to find some friendly duels, I look at the spots where most people duel at. EoTM has 1 play style and that is to follow 1 tag.. WvW has them all.

Either way if you like EoTM go play EoTM. Stop trying to turn WvW into that.

Not every tier had or has the population to blob vs blob.

You have a very limited view of eotm and the great potential some of the elements found there would improve wvw.

Improve it for some but make it worse for others. What great elements does EoTM map have? The falling to your death just by looking at the map when you auto run? The tunnels you can run into to run away from fights? The scorpions that are moving siege? The wisps that make you not take damage while in wisp form and you can explode them and knock players off edges???

I answered that question, you are free to read a previous post.

You are embellishing things and grasping at straws in your counter argument.

I didn’t see anything in your previous posts that would improve wvw for EVERYONE besides not being able to treb objectives from another which they gave us in the new maps but went overboard lol You mentioned EoTM map elements. I just listed a bunch of them from EoTM that would not improve the game mode but would add more gimmicks that so many wvw’ers seem to dislike. Funny how you write a lot when you want to turn WvW into EoTM but when others reply to you with counter arguments you have little to nothing to say and basically blow it off.

Either way I didn’t want to go back and forth with you but every time EoTM pops up you are the first one pushing for it saying the same exact thing you’ve said even when others constantly try to tell you that it could possibly destroy wvw as we know it. You are happy with EoTM so play EoTM. I don’t like EoTM so I don’t go there. Maybe since I don’t like EoTM I should try to get it changed into WvW since that is what I prefer?? That is basically what you are doing..

Your problem is that you don’t play in eotm so you don’t look at mechanics and things objectively.

You asked what great elements does eotm have and I already answered those.

You embellish things like the “falling off and being knock off the edge” thing…

It’s easier to run from fights in wvw with all the structures to hide in, it happens all the time. Tunnels in eotm work many ways… Quicker travel for offense and to get to objectives faster to defend. Again, it’s easier to run and hide from a fight in wvw…

So what if scorps are mobile seige, they are also fun.

Wisps have a timer and are also a fun tactic. Again, you embellish the knock back on wisp abilities. Players don’t fight near the edges and there are very few spots where this could happen.

When I have talked about eotm I mostly refer to the player pooling mechanics to fix population issues. Since you have been following my posts in this section so closely then you should have understood that from a long time ago.

The individual server vs individual server vs individual server design doesn’t work obviously. Common sense tells me that an alliance/megaserver system would resolve that major issue across the entire game.

Also, if you don’t go to eotm, then you should spend some time there before you criticize it, the players who go there or my posts.

I must be masochistic today because I’m responding to this.

EotM is not WvW. I consider it a fourth game mode that caters to an different audience. A lot of the things that work in EotM simply won’t work in WvW because the player bases while overlapping a bit are different.

The things that you love so much about EotM I consider PvE gimmicks.

“Players run from fights more often in WvW” – untrue from my experience. You also claimed earlier in this thread that EotM players are as experienced. That statement is very untrue from my experience.

For me there are only 3 reasons for me to go to EotM. 1) Leveling alts 2) Helping guildies get confidence on a new toon by destroying sub-standard players 3) I had a bad day so I make it better by derailing the Ktrain.

I get that you like EotM and I hold nothing against you for liking it but don’t try to bring over EotM style play to WvW.

Don’t worry about responding to this Swagger I already know that it will be something about reading the thread or reading comprehension.

Both are pvp zones, let’s not be insulting to the thousands of players who enjoy it.

Your issue is that you don’t look at things objectively. Obviously population issues exist in wvw and the eotm map mechanics resolve that.

There are day vs night capping issues too that the timed matches resolve as well.

There are differences that will obviously remain between the two, but to not look at potential problem solvers, that have tons of stats to back them up now, is really a limited way of thinking.

The interesting thing is that I see many posts that don’t offer any fixes for wvw so let’s have a go at it…

How are you going to grow the wvw population numbers now?

How are you going to make sure each server can have closer to equal populations so they can be competitive and not face the same tiers each week?

How are you going to resolve the day vs night capping issues and make sure both time frames are able to contribute equally?

What reward systems should be introduced as incentive to play wvw more?

Let’s see some viable problem solving answers…

WvW is as different from EotM as it is from SPvP so no insult intended. As I stated before Eotm is a different play style that I don’t care for.

How would I make the player base grow? Open communication. Something like “Hey we have seen that X (pirate ship, siege damage or whatever) is a potential problem. We are going to spend Y amount of time studying this and will have a list of potential changes for you when we are finished.” If they aren’t able to finish it in that time frame they can state "Hey guys we’ve been looking at X and we want to gather more data and playtime. We want to make sure that we get this balance right and will have a report for you in Y amount of time. Is this realistic? Probably not but even a watered down version would be way better than what we have now. They need to restore confidence in the WvW player base.

How would I get servers closer to even populations? I hate to say it but the least evil one is server merges. There would be collateral damage for sure but far less than a megaserver alliance system.

Night capping is not a problem for me. Automatic upgrades are a problem but I’m really biased since I detest them.

What reward system would I introduce? I don’t personally care about rewards. Outplaying the enemy is my reward. Since you asked what could I live with? A reward track tied to skins wouldn’t be bad. Maybe make badges worth something. I firmly believe that if you make WvW too rewarding a segment of the overall player base will try to turn it into a farm.

I don’t claim to have all of the answers or that my opinion is in the majority. I do know what things will kill the game for me.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Posted by: gitflap.9031

gitflap.9031

I play on gandara (tier 3?) and there is a queue on ebg almost every day at prime time. After reset their is usually a queue of about 60. This all due to the fact that literally nobody wants to play in the borderlands

No change there then :p

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

Funny, b4 we stood down our guild was one of the very few willing to step foot on DBL, and one of the few that know it very well.. That isn’t the issue. Knowing it and liking it are two different things. If it isn’t fun people are not going to keep doing it, and it just isn’t fun. Adding “escalators” will not solve the problems as the issue is the map needs to be designed from the ground up for nonstop strategic, challenging, fun pvp action the entire time you are on it, and this one was designed the opposite of that.

IT does no good to run on DBL when you cannot even get people to leave EBG to respond to calls, and having a server expect your guild to play 24/7 to babysit everything or no one will defend when you leave because it isn’t worth defending is not any way to play a RvR game mode.

By bringing in PvE gold farmers, you are replacing players who spend $ to receive nonstop, strategic, challenging, fun PvP with players who earn all there loot in game and have no need to inject cash into the game every month to pay the bills with.

I couldn’t agree more. I CAN play on the new map. But playing on it is as much fun as reading the whole telephonebook of my city from A to Z. I CAN do it. But it isnt fun, so why should i do it? After all GW 2 is still just a game, and the intention of a game is having fun. Ofcourse, there is also the companys intention of earning money. And it is just simple. I get fun from a game, the company gets money from me. So… No fun for me, no money for Anet. Thats at least MY point, and i’m rly surprised when i’m the only one thinking that way.,

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

in WvW

Posted by: Brandon.6194

Brandon.6194

Here is my look at WvW right now. I am a commander and just starting as one and I can say for a fact that I spend more gold then I make as a commander. Because I am spending all that gold as a commander I am not able to gear up new chars or strive for legendary. I think the one thing that could fix almost all of the issues that we are all having is very simple. Reward Track!!! I cant level up new chars because I only get tomes maybe once every 3 days on average and what this is causing is for me to leave WvW to go into pve. Pve is great but I absolutely love WvW. I am constantly going into pve just to fund my commanding and I think that is very broken. If WvW was a self sustaining battle we wouldn’t have these issues with population. I look at my guild when the leader is calling for a rally and I see a WvW guild mostly out in pve and its all because they need to or they will not be able to gear out in ascended or even buy the stones and food they need. If there was a reward track that included tomes of knowledge, stones, food, and a champion box every tier that would do a lot to fix population. I am a 100% WvW nut and I need to leave to get gold to fund the war. From the conversations over TS I had I know that there a lot of people like me. WE NEED A REWARD TRACK!!!!!!!!

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

Here is my look at WvW right now. I am a commander and just starting as one and I can say for a fact that I spend more gold then I make as a commander. Because I am spending all that gold as a commander I am not able to gear up new chars or strive for legendary. I think the one thing that could fix almost all of the issues that we are all having is very simple. Reward Track!!! I cant level up new chars because I only get tomes maybe once every 3 days on average and what this is causing is for me to leave WvW to go into pve. Pve is great but I absolutely love WvW. I am constantly going into pve just to fund my commanding and I think that is very broken. If WvW was a self sustaining battle we wouldn’t have these issues with population. I look at my guild when the leader is calling for a rally and I see a WvW guild mostly out in pve and its all because they need to or they will not be able to gear out in ascended or even buy the stones and food they need. If there was a reward track that included tomes of knowledge, stones, food, and a champion box every tier that would do a lot to fix population. I am a 100% WvW nut and I need to leave to get gold to fund the war. From the conversations over TS I had I know that there a lot of people like me. WE NEED A REWARD TRACK!!!!!!!!

As a commander how would you feel about people in your army asking or telling you that you need to do something counter productive to your war effort for a reward.

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Population imbalance will resolve itself when they fix the other issues with the game ( including too many servers).
<snip>
Considering Obrien is now calling the shots for the game and is the one who thinks WvW players = PvE, I don’t think I can stand to stick around any longer to watch this painfully dwindle away a slow excruciating death, it has been nauseating enough to watch as it is.

Just because everything else is right doesn’t mean server imbalance will magically cure itself.

Many guilds and players have left recently to try another game – I am one of them. Basically I just sign in and farm my home instance each day. Anet has lost trust from me and these other people and it will take a lot of effort to get them back. I have spent more time on the forums than in game recently.

So far it has been, this is the plan, lets go full steam ahead regardless of anything. Tracks broken, keep going… Hopefully that will change, it has to. Unfortunately promises of lots of jam tomorrow just don’t cut it any more.

Hopefully Obrien will have gotten some education from his people. If not, last person please put the lights out before leaving…

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Population imbalance will resolve itself when they fix the other issues with the game ( including too many servers).
<snip>
Considering Obrien is now calling the shots for the game and is the one who thinks WvW players = PvE, I don’t think I can stand to stick around any longer to watch this painfully dwindle away a slow excruciating death, it has been nauseating enough to watch as it is.

Just because everything else is right doesn’t mean server imbalance will magically cure itself.

Many guilds and players have left recently to try another game – I am one of them. Basically I just sign in and farm my home instance each day. Anet has lost trust from me and these other people and it will take a lot of effort to get them back. I have spent more time on the forums than in game recently.

So far it has been, this is the plan, lets go full steam ahead regardless of anything. Tracks broken, keep going… Hopefully that will change, it has to. Unfortunately promises of lots of jam tomorrow just don’t cut it any more.

Hopefully Obrien will have gotten some education from his people. If not, last person please put the lights out before leaving…

You have to solve the issue of Queues, PPK points + too many servers then you solve population imbalance. First, reducing the number of servers and adding temp timed maps during peak hours ( like additional EBG maps in play for 2-6 hours every time counting toward score just the same all 3 servers in queue all reach 15 players total on all maps queued solve a few issues at once, Less maps to cover during non busy hours, less queue during busy hours and population will spread out on those fewer servers so they will have no queue since if not, they would be the only one stuck in queue every time they play if stacked and the other servers would not be. Bring back alpine maps and players will play on border lands again as well instead of huddling up just on EBG.

Making PPK more valuable than holding objectives alone, will also change who is fighting who and how they choose to fight. Make PPK increased for defending objectives and only apply PPK to non siege to encourage players fighting each other without siege as well. Balancing out the scoring to reward Large PvP brawls over objectives rather than siege humping will also help balance population due to players now will want to fight over objectives, just not with siege. More players will come back to play the game mode if they actually make the game the best large scale PvP game on the market so they would not have to worry about down scaling as much since they would be increasing their population rather than helping it die.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

<snip>

You have to solve the issue of Queues, PPK points + too many servers then you solve population imbalance. First, reducing the number of servers and adding temp timed maps during peak hours ( like additional EBG maps in play for 2-6 hours every time counting toward score just the same all 3 servers in queue all reach 15 players total on all maps queued solve a few issues at once, Less maps to cover during non busy hours, less queue during busy hours and population will spread out on those fewer servers so they will have no queue since if not, they would be the only one stuck in queue every time they play if stacked and the other servers would not be. Bring back alpine maps and players will play on border lands again as well instead of huddling up just on EBG.

Making PPK more valuable than holding objectives alone, will also change who is fighting who and how they choose to fight. Make PPK increased for defending objectives and only apply PPK to non siege to encourage players fighting each other without siege as well. Balancing out the scoring to reward Large PvP brawls over objectives rather than siege humping will also help balance population due to players now will want to fight over objectives, just not with siege. More players will come back to play the game mode if they actually make the game the best large scale PvP game on the market so they would not have to worry about down scaling as much since they would be increasing their population rather than helping it die.

I was with most of your ideas until you talked about no PPK for siege kills. If that is the case I ask that PPK not apply if you have more than 30 people within 2000 range. Fighting siege is just as boring as fighting blobs.

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

OK. So you have 2 sides in a matchup with 20 people on the map, third side gets over the map limit. They can now earn points on 2 maps meaning they not only completely outnumber the other two they can earn points on both maps while the others are stuck on one.

PPK I disagree, the whole idea of WvW is holding things, not just running around fighting battles, if that was the idea then you might as well have a flat field, which I suspect you would find a great option. Holding objectives has to be worth more than just killing enemies.

Reducing the number of worlds might help short term. Just removing the bottom 3 servers may not help at all as there are very few people playing on them. Remove enough to make a difference and you might find that there is a large reduction in the number of worlds, it may need everything below 18, or even 15.

What you have to do is firstly make the lower tiers as attractive as T1, that is one of the major problems at present, and secondly make WvW more profitable than present. At the moment WvW is a money sink, many WvW players are effectively forced to go farm PvE simply to earn enough gold to keep going in WvW.

It’s fairly obvious they know this and are looking into or already developing changes

(edited by Serious.7083)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

<snip>

I was with most of your ideas until you talked about no PPK for siege kills. If that is the case I ask that PPK not apply if you have more than 30 people within 2000 range. Fighting siege is just as boring as fighting blobs.

The thing is if the game does well/ population imbalance is solved that means there will be Blob vs blob on EVERY server, not just one side has a blob and the other does not. Every server would play like T1 instead where you have a blob on 24/7 for every server open. This does not mean that havoc/ roaming is dead. I havoc/ roam on T1 all the time. It just means you have to strategically coordinate your targets with the Zerg, not just run around do what you want.. because if every server will play like T1 when the population is resolved, you can be overrun by a zerg at any point in time on the map, but so can anyone on any of the servers in the match..

When roaming/ havoc you watch what the zerg is hitting and hit the opposite side. They hit Bravost for example, you would hit QL or Lang because their zerg will be fighting them on the other side and be busy.

There will be no need for a handicap because every server that is open will be populated. The way this should work is you keep scouts for keeps/ towers and make calls to have the zerg respond to defend them rather than expect fewer players to defend them. The game mode was designed to be populated, not empty.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

OK. So you have 2 sides in a matchup with 20 people on the map, third side gets over the map limit. They can now earn points on 2 maps meaning they not only completely outnumber the other two they can earn points on both maps while the others are stuck on one.

PPK I disagree, the whole idea of WvW is holding things, not just running around fighting battles, if that was the idea then you might as well have a flat field, which I suspect you would find a great option. Holding objectives has to be worth more than just killing enemies.

Reducing the number of worlds might help short term. Just removing the bottom 3 servers may not help at all as there are very few people playing on them. Remove enough to make a difference and you might find that there is a large reduction in the number of worlds, it may need everything below 18, or even 15.

What you have to do is firstly make the lower tiers as attractive as T1, that is one of the major problems at present, and secondly make WvW more profitable than present. At the moment WvW is a money sink, many WvW players are effectively forced to go farm PvE simply to earn enough gold to keep going in WvW.

It’s fairly obvious they know this and are looking into or already developing changes

Holding objectives would be worth more than killing enemies alone, as I said you would get INCREASED PPK for defending. Just no PPK for siege. You get the points from keeping your castle in addition to INCREASED PPK for defending it without siege. It would reward teams more for killing players while defending your objectives than for fighting open field. In addition to rewarding their server more PPK, it should also increase their chance of getting rare loot while doing so. That way, you are not rewarding AFKers as only those actually killing other players will be rewarded personally for defending. Defending forces should be able to get ascended items/ legendary crafting materials ect for defending as part of their loot.

Part of the problem causing the K Train is that defenders do not get chests/ loot for defending. Give them both server and personal rewards for defending and that will change. If they want players to respond to keep under attack calls they need to make it worth their while to do so, AND make it fun.

Every server open would play like T1 if they reduce the servers and add additional temporary EBGS during Prime Time.

They have been working on it, but from what I have seen thus far, in a way that will make the majority of the WvW players Rage quit.. so that isn’t good either.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

Thanks for the down-votes and for the thread on the official forums, “Wrong answer again RIP WvW”. You know I’m actually here to help.

If you want to help
1) Communicte with us HERE, not reddit!
2) Listen to us

Can’t hate on the forum poster. He’s the only reason I know that you EVEN. SAID. ANYTHING. He’s doing your job for you. As well as the guy above that quoted your response. WHICH I ALSO. DIDN’T. SEE.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

<snip>

The thing is if the game does well/ population imbalance is solved that means there will be Blob vs blob on EVERY server, not just one side has a blob and the other does not. Every server would play like T1 instead where you have a blob on 24/7 for every server open. This does not mean that havoc/ roaming is dead. I havoc/ roam on T1 all the time. It just means you have to strategically coordinate your targets with the Zerg, not just run around do what you want.. because if every server will play like T1 when the population is resolved, you can be overrun by a zerg at any point in time on the map, but so can anyone on any of the servers in the match..

When roaming/ havoc you watch what the zerg is hitting and hit the opposite side. They hit Bravost for example, you would hit QL or Lang because their zerg will be fighting them on the other side and be busy.

There will be no need for a handicap because every server that is open will be populated. The way this should work is you keep scouts for keeps/ towers and make calls to have the zerg respond to defend them rather than expect fewer players to defend them. The game mode was designed to be populated, not empty.

I don’t think you understood where I was coming from. 50 vs 50 blob fights aren’t fun to me. This does not mean that I don’t like large scale fights because I do. I don’t like that a lot of the time it is two Omni blobs facing off because lets face it your personal skill does not show nearly as much.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

<snip>

I don’t think you understood where I was coming from. 50 vs 50 blob fights aren’t fun to me. This does not mean that I don’t like large scale fights because I do. I don’t like that a lot of the time it is two Omni blobs facing off because lets face it your personal skill does not show nearly as much.

Yes, but even though there is a blob vs blob fight going on, you can also have smaller fights as well at the same time as most do anyhow. That isn’t the only option on the map, you just make sure you know where the blobs are so you are not roadkill. XD

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

<snip>

Yes, but even though there is a blob vs blob fight going on, you can also have smaller fights as well at the same time as most do anyhow. That isn’t the only option on the map, you just make sure you know where the blobs are so you are not roadkill. XD

Ok one last try. Even though 3 groups vs the blob in open field combat works better (and nulls a lot of the pirate ship) it rarely happens. I like large scale combat but not the mindless lets all blob on one tag variety.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

<snip>

Ok one last try. Even though 3 groups vs the blob in open field combat works better (and nulls a lot of the pirate ship) it rarely happens. I like large scale combat but not the mindless lets all blob on one tag variety.

Depends on the guilds/ server/ time zone. That was JQ’s main complaint is that we could not summon an omniblob if we tried since most of JQ guilds ran 15- 20 ( which made it difficult to combat the Omniblobs that other T1 guilds could summon. Our guild was one of the few that could get the numbers to fight it, but for the most part it had to be multiple smaller guilds working together to do so unlike most servers. But even with our guild, we didn’t always have one pin on the map, sometimes we would split and have multiple pins from our guild on same map and on multiple maps at same time working together or we would have part of our guild running pinless at same time on same map. That was how JQ always operated for the longest time though. Too bad everyone has left/ is leaving.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

<snip>

Depends on the guilds/ server/ time zone. That was JQ’s main complaint is that we could not summon an omniblob if we tried since most of JQ guilds ran 15- 20 ( which made it difficult to combat the Omniblobs that other T1 guilds could summon. Our guild was one of the few that could get the numbers to fight it, but for the most part it had to be multiple smaller guilds working together to do so unlike most servers. But even with our guild, we didn’t always have one pin on the map, sometimes we would split and have multiple pins from our guild on same map and on multiple maps at same time working together or we would have part of our guild running pinless at same time on same map. That was how JQ always operated for the longest time though. Too bad everyone has left/ is leaving.

OK now we understand each other so lets return to where this started. You wanted PPK to not count on siege kills. It’s ok that you don’t like siege wars. It’s not your play style. I don’t like omniblob fights. It’s ok that I don’t like it. It’s not my play style. What I’m kinda trying to get to is that black and white doesn’t work here. If we cater to one play style WvW will die since it is the one sandbox in the whole game. For instance lets take what you like and I like and find a common ground.

How about siege does 70% less damage but can’t be hit by so many aoe’s from the ground? Could you live with a small zerg debuff if there where more than 30 or 40 within 1500?

If the developers find even close to a common ground this game could be amazing.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

thats where i say that common ground would be ladders, each ladder ruled by criteria relevant to the competing group. wvw being the sandbox source of getting points relevant to your ladder of choice. You don’t just get ranked, you subscribe to the ladders relevant to you. if players were allowed to set that criteria for their ladder of choice, that would be great. Cue the guild sponsored ladders giving away specialized event prizes for special competitions. something about guild sponsored tournaments / ladders add to community spirit. Imagine doing a week long ladder, and 1st prize is a legendary given by top wvw guild, that means something, not only as a prize, but to be recognized by like minds.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

<snip>

OK now we understand each other so lets return to where this started. You wanted PPK to not count on siege kills. It’s ok that you don’t like siege wars. It’s not your play style. I don’t like omniblob fights. It’s ok that I don’t like it. It’s not my play style. What I’m kinda trying to get to is that black and white doesn’t work here. If we cater to one play style WvW will die since it is the one sandbox in the whole game. For instance lets take what you like and I like and find a common ground.

How about siege does 70% less damage but can’t be hit by so many aoe’s from the ground? Could you live with a small zerg debuff if there where more than 30 or 40 within 1500?

If the developers find even close to a common ground this game could be amazing.

Siege wars are okay, if it is siege vs siege not Siege vs player. Reducing AC strength to where it started would be be a nice start. The thing is the game already has a small scale PvP area, this is the large scale PvP area where you can also fight on smaller scale but have to always be aware of the blob. Just think of the blob as ghosts on Pac man and they are just an obstacle you have to avoid. No one says you have to P v Blob, you just have to be able to avoid having it “touch” you, and that would be considered a player driven environmental factor of the game mode.. Players can still play on smaller scale, they just have to play keep away from the blob. XD

What is important though that has been at the root of the problem with WvW from the beginning is the developers have to view this as a large scale PvP game mode and understand that " blobs" are just one of the things that come with the territory. Now it should be up to players to find ways around the blob, but they ALSO need their own server blobs that will fight them as well so that the server blob can defend objectives that are being hit by the blob. What you do by powering up PPK to defend to players and not siege is encourage players to fight one another for objectives., not just open field. Encouraging " siege humping" just takes away from that because the truth is the blob can build siege faster, have more people to use it, and use that against the smaller group anyhow turning the tables so the siege isn’t really giving the underdog a benefit, it is only making the blob that much worse. ANYTHING the player can do, the blob can do in MASS.

I oppose a zerg debuff because because that will just cause the enemy to Queue your map and send in players to the affected zone to keep the other team from receiving it in addition to it not solving the actual problem.. We have had our opponents outright tell us they were queuing our maps so we couldn’t do jack on salt forums. That makes it worse, not better. You have to keep in mind that IF it can be exploited, it WILL be exploited. There are groups in the game that will queue your map while they hit your Keeps. At this stage in the game players have accounts on many servers, they know the loopholes and have no problem fighting dirty.

If the other problems are solved, you will have a blob there on your server to fight them as well as the blobs usually look for each other.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

base siege damage is OK in my eyes but it’s scaling with condition damage isn’t.

Buffs and debuffs on different play styles is an absolut no-go. Do not kitten into someone else sandbox imho. Those 100 people blobbing each other like it that way as much as roamers like to roam or duelers like to duel or, or, or….