WvW Bugs and other issues

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Hey all, I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where we can post bugs that we have encountered in WvW. Instead of just having a bunch of random threads that get buried after a few days. Hopefully this way it would be easier to monitor the issues for the devs, and for us to know if other people are experiencing the same issues.

Please do not post exploits as it is against forum rules…
Please report those here: exploits@arena.net

Remember to also use the in-game tool for reporting issues.

Here are a few issues I have been having:

*Using a waypoint on a map can sometimes port you to a different map.

*False bug queue, it shows a queue on a map, when in fact there is none.

*People having the same position (#) in queue, I have noticed this often during reset nights.

*Being on a map for certain amount of time, causes a random bug where many things do not render graphically like weapons, and sometimes your own character which can go completely invisible if using a tonic. This also causes the long loading screen when using a waypoint on a map. Another issue that can occur related to this, is that the color of objectives do not update properly to accurately reflect which server actually owns it. Completely restarting the game client seems to be the only way to fix it.

Please add any issues that you are having, Thanks.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

Ya a few of my guildies and I were in EBG during reset night. We WP back to spawn to help save home tower. I was ported to LA, another to Divinity’s reach and another to FA BL. And there were ques so we had to wait to get back in. Kind of annoying.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Ya a few of my guildies and I were in EBG during reset night. We WP back to spawn to help save home tower. I was ported to LA, another to Divinity’s reach and another to FA BL. And there were ques so we had to wait to get back in. Kind of annoying.

Yes this has been happening on a more consistent basis. Several people would report that they were mistakenly ported to another borderland while trying to use a waypoint in the same map they were on. This is especially frustrating if you were on a map that has a queue and now cannot get back in.

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

-Using a waypoint on a map can sometimes port you to a different map.

I haven’t encountered all the rest, but can confirm this happens and is annoying. Though it doesn’t happen to me all that often. So it’s hard to reproduce.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Speaking of WvW bugs, was there always a gap between the PPT bar and top of screen?

Otherwise that is a critical issue introduced in the latest patch. WvW unplayable.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Speaking of WvW bugs, was there always a gap between the PPT bar and top of screen?

Otherwise that is a critical issue introduced in the latest patch. WvW unplayable.

Lol yes I saw that as well after the patch combined with constant lag and dc’s, it has happened before though.

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

Bugs I have been encountering on a regular basis
1.Waiting in que for a long time when the que pops I click it I am thrown back into the end of the que.
2.Teleporting to diffrent borderlands and being put in LA or some other map
3. Teleporting to spawn only to spawn in a diffrent borderland.
4. The icons on the map turning upside down
5. Places shown to be claimed by the wrong server
6. Being able to claim an enemy tower
7. This one is not a glitch but more of a hack a guardian can wings of resolve from outer garri into inner.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

Thanks for creating this thread! I’ll have the team keep an eye on it.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Bugs I have been encountering on a regular basis
1.Waiting in que for a long time when the que pops I click it I am thrown back into the end of the que.
2.Teleporting to diffrent borderlands and being put in LA or some other map
3. Teleporting to spawn only to spawn in a diffrent borderland.
4. The icons on the map turning upside down
5. Places shown to be claimed by the wrong server
6. Being able to claim an enemy tower
7. This one is not a glitch but more of a hack a guardian can wings of resolve from outer garri into inner.

I have encountered #5 quite often, it usually occurs at the same time as the long loading screen and the rendering bugs. Objectives do not show the proper color of the server that owns them. This seems to be a random problem that affects individual players and not everyone on a map at the same time. The only way I have found to fix those issues is to completely restart the client.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Thank you I hope it will help!

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I would like to make a suggestion to help the devs notice things easier and not have to waste time filtering unnecessary comments and clutter…

- Only post the issue(s), don’t quote someone and comment unless you have something specific to add to the issue(s).

-Give your issue(s) a title and bold it, so it’s easier to identify, then provide a brief description.

-Screen shot the issue(s) and send it to the appropriate peeps when you report, don’t post it here.

Edit… XTD, you should come up with an easy to read posting format for everyone to use.

perhaps…

WvW issue:

Description:

Date and Time:

Report sent in-game?

… whatever else necessary

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

Thanks for passing by and having a look. Most of these ugs have been around for quite a while.

Having a “look” is not what we are asking.

FIX the bugs

Please

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

When you are queued for another map, use a waypoint, and if the queue pops while you are on the loading screen, the queue popup does not render, and there is no way to get into the map you were queued for. The invisible queue popup will timeout and you will be force re-queued.

Annoying bug/design flaw.

in WvW

Posted by: dubcroster.3758

dubcroster.3758

I bear no illusions about an easy fix of this, but it is worth mentioning often:

Issue: Skills unresponsive when in close quarters of many players (75-150+)

Description:
Large fights where a full squad of 50 meet other full squads causes the skills to be largely unresponsive. Often it is possible to use the first skill (ie. pressing 1), but no other skills fire. This bug triggers by just being in the vicinity of a large amount of players.

Date and time: Last observed yesterday between 19:00 and 20:00 UTC on Eternal Battleground on the Gunnar’s Hold server, but observed frequently within peak hours.

Report sent in-game: Yes

Additional remarks:
This issue has been persistent for a long time, if not forever, so I have my speculation that this is an architectural problem on the server-side – server not being able to process player generated events at a sufficient speed, server queueing and dropping skill events when triggered at the frequency and amount happening with these large blob fights. However, it generates a lot of noise in the community, so it is worth reporting often, I feel.

in WvW

Posted by: Typhus.3502

Typhus.3502

The invisible weapon / character into forever-load happens to me a couple times a week. Changing maps / relogging fixes it, but obviously with huge na queues, that’s not usually an option.

[TW] Pumped

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Recent bug I’ve had continuously occuring:

• capping an objective yet it still depicts it on the map as the previous server’s colour

Example: Capping a camp in EBG and you expect it to turn blue but it stays green… But it’s still yours? I hope that makes sense…

in WvW

Posted by: Lorden.8026

Lorden.8026

I love it when Anza is getting siege’d by Treb from Stonemist and the wall stays at 0% with the wall still fully constructed and the opponent not being able to pass through it or attack it more with other kinds sieges to get it down or go through it. ^.^

in WvW

X T D.6458

I love it when Anza is getting siege’d by Treb from Stonemist and the wall stays at 0% with the wall still fully constructed and the opponent not being able to pass through it or attack it more with other kinds sieges to get it down or go through it. ^.^

That one is pretty hilarious

you have to hit the walls that face Overlook, or dredge.

in WvW

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

Please fix the alpine borderlands south camp that initiates swords when no enemy’s are engaging it.

Please fix/remove the alpine borderlands north east and north west towers function upgraded called “watchtower” working 24/7. This radar function makes these towers impossible for small groups to capture because of the foresight and proximity of the enemy’s spawn.

Please fix the popular offensive desired choice in breaking down walls over gates.. Because by you’re design walls are less defended by guards and siege. Making the offenders strategic choice to penetrate the walls over the gates. A way to fix this problem is by doubling the walls health and doubling the trebuchets damage. This will add credence to you’re design choices and balance to siege.

in WvW

Posted by: liptonicetea.7294

liptonicetea.7294

Revenant’s skill Phase Smash throwing me across the map.

Bug occurred while fighting a blob at the south inner of Stone Mist Castle by using Phase Smash in an Elementalists static field.
I got stunned and thrown in the air, followed by fast horizontal movement towards the south.
Eventually I died to falling damage on the unreachable rocks near Klovan Gully.
This bug has only occured once to me.
I managed to take a screenshot from the flying process.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

I’ve noticed that the ‘get ported to a new map’ bug seems to happen most often when you’ve died in Alpine BL Hills, and you will end up in Desert BL spawn once you rez.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Yaks are still blinking all over the place. Normally I would think lag but my guildies will experience the same yak blinking and our projectiles will fly behind us.

Also will there ever be a fix for the open field obstructed bug in the apline BL camps

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in WvW

Posted by: Deaeira.2651

Deaeira.2651

• It seems that since the 17.1. patch, skill lag is even higher
  • A guild mate reported that WvW waypointing takes immense amounts of time – between 3 and 5 minutes
  • If i remember correctly, there are still points where leaping from outer to the inner keep is possible (there are demos on youtube https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFiEIy41ub2fmnvY6f9G4I3Nb8y--IdlT ). I can’t find the video on how to leap to inner in the Alpine Garrison, but that should also be adressed. — Remark: I have not checked these bugs, but I believe they should be investigated.
  • (This is not exclusive to WvW but happens most often there) I have an i7-4600U (Haswell Generation CPU) with hybrid graphics (Radeon HD 8730M). In particular when using the Haswell GPU, getting a large number of people (20+) into the view drops the framerate from 25 fps to 1-5 seconds of complete pause. Enabling the AMD card reduces the timeout, but it is still very inconvenient. The effect can also reliably reproduced at the crafting stations in LA – a full 360 degree turn has multiple 1s+ hickups. Staying in place and rotating a second time is fluid again.

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

• (This is not exclusive to WvW but happens most often there) I have an i7-4600U (Haswell Generation CPU) with hybrid graphics (Radeon HD 8730M). In particular when using the Haswell GPU, getting a large number of people (20+) into the view drops the framerate from 25 fps to 1-5 seconds of complete pause. Enabling the AMD card reduces the timeout, but it is still very inconvenient. The effect can also reliably reproduced at the crafting stations in LA – a full 360 degree turn has multiple 1s+ hickups. Staying in place and rotating a second time is fluid again.

Sorry to be blunt but this sounds more like trying to run the game on a potato than an actual issue. When gaming the discrete GPU should always be used, the internal GPU will use the slow RAM for video memory and given your CPU model that will probably be extra slow laptop memory thats nowhere near gaming desktop performance. In your specific case, be sure to turn down models to lowest.

As someone who attempted to WvW on an i5 4300U (Surface 2 Pro), I feel your pain. Literally, that caused me physical pain and I had to rush out and buy a GTX1060 (my 980Ti got fried and was under RMA) just to get GW2 playable. It did work though.

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

WvW ui panel sometimes doesn’t update during reset period.

Description: When waiting for reset twice now I have not seen the wvw screen update at all.   matchup groupings don’t change to their proper colours/team,  scores don’t zero.   Opening and closing panel repeatidly doesn’t fix it.  Ended up missing reset queue rush because of it the first time.

Date and Time: reset last week and week before

Reported in game: Nope

Additional remarks: I’ve also had the myself and 6 guild mates get the different bl waypoint bug. like previously mentioned it happened while way pointing to spawn on an enemy Alpine map from east keep area

in WvW

Posted by: securegeek.7952

securegeek.7952

Waypoint delay bug.
You take a waypoint and get stuck on the loading screen for 5 minutes.
Only way to correct it, is to leave WvW and re-enter the match.

in WvW

Posted by: Ni In.6578

Ni In.6578

Regarding the WP delay bug, I have ANet case #2446125 open. While ANet support wants to narrow down on machine-specific issues, this is obviously a wide-ranging bug. Took a video (with the map info switch) which I provided ANet shows that there is a very long hang while the map loads at 84%.

Anyways, that one is out there, but ANet support has been pretty dismissive of this issue.

WvW Rank – keeps going up
Server: Crystal Desert (so toxic!) | “Make CD DVD Again”
Guilds: [VII] – They let me claim stuff

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Y’all are making this thread a pain to read. If I were a dev I wouldn’t try to filter through each comment to find whatever issues are being reported.

XTD, if you want this thread taken seriously then remake it with a posting format and posting rules so we don’t waste our busy devs time filtering through a mess.

Use this as your guideline…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Please-Read-How-To-Bugging-Best-Practices/first#post2131168

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

X T D.6458

Yaks are still blinking all over the place. Normally I would think lag but my guildies will experience the same yak blinking and our projectiles will fly behind us.

Also will there ever be a fix for the open field obstructed bug in the apline BL camps

Yes the Ghost Yak, this is a longstanding bug, it is similar to the ressurection bug where players/yaks are not where they appear to be. Pinging it as a target can help you find it’s actual location. I do not know what causes it but there seems to be some delay from servers delivering the data to clients.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I do not know what it is but the lag in wvw is now significant all the time after the update could be the charges of guard of fcc making isp feel they can do this as they wish or gw2 it self. I cant tell all i can is a few things changed in the world and in the game and now wvw is lag spiking for me ever few sec.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I do not know what it is but the lag in wvw is now significant all the time after the update could be the charges of guard of fcc making isp feel they can do this as they wish or gw2 it self. I cant tell all i can is a few things changed in the world and in the game and now wvw is lag spiking for me ever few sec.

Yeah….its pretty significant for me as well and very unpredictable even when minding my own business away from large fights.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

WvW Issues

Stealth spam and poor stealth counter mechanics for pvp modes.

CC spam and poor CC counter mechanics for pvp modes.

Burst damage and Multi-skill hit damage (in seconds) is off the charts.

WvW (realm pvp) skills not being changed to mirror spvp skill splits.

Lack of optional secondary weapon choices for ele and engineer.

Unequal access to movement and position skills for each profession.

Limited viable build variety per profession.

Heal and non-heal support are designed poorly for movement based team play. Overall lack of decent support roles.

Low quality UI, with lots of visually disruptive elements, that lacks proper customization options. No option to display player health on character either.

Messy and too restrictive trait system.

Despite being factored into the ranger damage equation… ranger pets still suck, are dead often and struggle to hit moving targets.

1 person can contest any objective to prevent portal use.

Lag.

Still no decent rewards that are comparable to what is provided in pve.

… will update when I think of more issues.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Getting knockbacked on a steep hill/ramp might cause you to be airborned and then you simply fall to death.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

^^^ Guardian / Engi pulls – they pull you into 100 metres into the air and you die from falling damage… happened twice to me in the last 2 weeks. Always on my Necro.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Major Bug that has been bothering me and many, many other players which I hear on TS all the time:

obstructed, obstructed, obstructed, obstructed …..

when it actually isn’t.

certain classes such as DH or ranger can hit the same targets, then you switch to necro or mes or just switch weapons, and the same targets, mainly oils, are now obstructed while trying to hit them from same exact positions you have just done on your other toon or weapon and can be hit by casting ground targeted stuff only on top of an applicable wall.

this is very annoying and happens all the time.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The best obstruction is the white rabbit in Alpine BL at the top of the stairs of the southwest spawn. You can stand right next to it and your necro scepter auto will not hit it at all. Always reproducible.

Attachments:

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

xikira.3264

Path of sight is also super buggy. I will be running a straight path and will get told there is no line of sight. Anet do you have an idea of when any of the bugs will be fixed. There is quite a lot

Potion Sella

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

certain classes such as DH or ranger can hit the same targets

Probably due to arcing shots. Same reason DH/ele fire/ranger can hit targets well beyond 1200 range while necro/warrior (rifle, not bow)/engie cannot, their projectiles go flat and instantly vanish.

Most of the obstructed stuff was introduced with HoT. I dont know what Anet did but camps in particular has been kittened up for over a year now.

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Skill lag is the biggest issue, and has been that since the release. Maybe we can get it fixed before the next expansion?

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

X T D.6458

I don’t know if this is a bug or not…if your guild has a claim on a structure like a keep, with guild upgrades on it like chilling fog/ewp, and you accidently claim a tower then reclaim the keep, those upgrades on the keep go on a cool down and become unusable.

But still, whether it’s a bug or intended I think it should be changed.

in WvW

Posted by: James Rustler.7860

James Rustler.7860

Looks like you forgot to enable the WvW legendary backpiece and exclusive ascended armor sets. You know, like the ones PvP got. I’m sure you must have just forgotten to turn them on, right? Like the upgrade components necessary for the mistforged and triumphant gear. I mean, it can’t be that you just don’t give a **** about WvW. That would be crazy.

>:(

in WvW

X T D.6458

Looks like you forgot to enable the WvW legendary backpiece and exclusive ascended armor sets. You know, like the ones PvP got. I’m sure you must have just forgotten to turn them on, right? Like the upgrade components necessary for the mistforged and triumphant gear. I mean, it can’t be that you just don’t give a **** about WvW. That would be crazy.

Please keep posts relevant to the thread. The point of this thread is to help the devs and players identify and fix bugs along with other related issues, thank you.

in WvW

Deaeira.2651

One more thing: it’s more of a lucky guess when blink and other teleports are working, in particular the alpine borderlands. As a rule of thumb, you can not blink from the grass up the stairs and vice versa, but there are exceptions to it (For instance the stairs in south bay allow a blink to the upper ledge, but only more to the right). It makes skills like steal, illusionary leap or unrelenting assault extremely unreliable.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

One more thing: it’s more of a lucky guess when blink and other teleports are working, in particular the alpine borderlands. As a rule of thumb, you can not blink from the grass up the stairs and vice versa, but there are exceptions to it (For instance the stairs in south bay allow a blink to the upper ledge, but only more to the right). It makes skills like steal, illusionary leap or unrelenting assault extremely unreliable.

This is a game breaker as well between the lag and inconsistent teleports. You never know what you are going to get with certain skills.

in WvW

Deaeira.2651

This is a game breaker as well between the lag and inconsistent teleports. You never know what you are going to get with certain skills.

By the way, if there’s interest by the devs, I offer to organise a list of these spots.

in WvW

Posted by: James Rustler.7860

James Rustler.7860

Please keep posts relevant to the thread. The point of this thread is to help the devs and players identify and fix bugs along with other related issues, thank you.

Are you saying this isn’t something they need to fix? I disagree. Strongly.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Are you saying this isn’t something they need to fix? I disagree. Strongly.

Heh I have my own thoughts about that, but it is a topic for another thread

in WvW

X T D.6458

The best obstruction is the white rabbit in Alpine BL at the top of the stairs of the southwest spawn. You can stand right next to it and your necro scepter auto will not hit it at all. Always reproducible.

Swc in alpine bl is full of these obstruction points, sometimes even when standing right in front of an npc on what looks like flat terrain.

in WvW

xikira.3264

Just poking this thread so it is no longer buried.

Potion Sella

in WvW

Posted by: RandomNameDude.8263

RandomNameDude.8263

OK! Thank you and good night!