WvW Lag March 2015

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: chedder.6302

chedder.6302

I don’t think it is the skill change. I do think the thing we did to reduce PvP (and also some PvE) lag made WvW lag worse; or, put the opposite way, WvW lag was bleeding over into the other map types, and we fixed that. The silver lining as they say is that the perf counters are more accurate than they were and I think I see the problem now; it’s going take some engineering to fix properly but I have a band-aid in place now that reduces the occurrences (at least as I perceive them via my graphs).

where has this guy been…..i think i may have found true love he comes in on a saturday, works on a wvw problem gives continual updates…..if this man fixes our problems he is due a raise.

what i mean to say is thanks

President of Believegate

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Stephen ClarkeWillson

Previous

Stephen ClarkeWillson

ArenaNet Studio Technical Director

Next

Also … it is sometimes an ISP. Things are rough at peak time in some parts of Europe right now. Amazon and Netflix have expanded their streaming offerings and the intertubes in EU are sometimes a bit clogged up at peak time. This is gross generalization because the EU is a big place and YMMV. The thing with connecting to our game is that there is your ISP, one or more other ISPs in between, and then one of our ISPs (we have three I think). Usually the trouble is with one of the ISPs in the middle. That’s why it is hard to fix; you call your ISP, we call our ISP, but it’s hard to get someone to call the ISP in the middle and then get the ISP in the middle to do something about it when they are just trying to make it through a night of lots of video streaming.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Previous

Stephen ClarkeWillson

Next

I don’t post a lot but this seemed like an opportunity in real-time to correlate the player experience with a big pile o’ graphs.

(edited by Stephen ClarkeWillson.1802)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

T1 NA right now I’d check TC BL (the blue one), as that’s where the most action is currently as I type this.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Yup, it’s bad for EU tier 1 Eternal Battlegrounds right now. The cool thing I just discovered is another perf counter that correlates better with the lag than total CPU. Y’all in a big fight right now? I guess if you are you’re not posting to the forums.

Giving us player update is not solution at all! Will Arena net fix the lag? Yes? or No?

“Communication without result is not communicating at all”

Take note. This is precisely a good reason for a dev technical team member “not to post”. They do precisely what is asked for, and some poster makes and irrational aggressive complaint.

Can you take everyone’s lag away except for this guys? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE?

Read to me what the 2 forum i post say? Give me the date when the 2 forum were posted? I will give hint: 3 years ago.

If you want to argue with me: argue with every player who post in this new forum include all player who post 3 years ago about have the same problem:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-is-so-lagy/page/7#post4946502

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Official-state-of-skill-lag-and-server-optimizations/page/7#post4797992

Thank You!

(I am not angry with Stephen ClarkeWillson at all, I am just not please when Arena net already have enough information on this problem for 3 years than all of sudden, want to ask us for information).

*I do not have right to say to Stephen ClarkeWillson, “do not communicate with us until Arena net fix problem” but if you read the 2 thread i link: Arena net did the same like Stephen ClarkeWillson: ask us player for information/feedback and the same thing is happening 3 years later again.

Again, I am not angry at Stephen ClarkeWillson but angry that is the same repetition all over again: every year same thing.

Player to Arena net: there is lag problem
Arena net to Player; give information on lag problem
Player to Arena net: here is information
Arena net to Player: we will look into it
Player to Arena net: ok
Player to Arena net: where is solution
Arena net to Player:???
Player to Arena net: Please fix problem
Arena net to Player: Check your computer, Check with your server connection

1 year later

Same thing

2 year later

Same thing

3 year later

Same thing

Do you see the problem now?

Sssshhhhhh

Hush now, the grownups are talking.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

I hope the cap get’s set to normal soon. Less players on a map means less groups to fight with and get’s boring quick.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Reto.6712

Reto.6712

I’m still trying to process the fact that a thread on the WvW forums is getting so much attention. We all like you Stephen! Keep up the good work.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Nieny.9418

Nieny.9418

Ok i have only one more question , why only GW2 have problems like this, any ESO or WoW or other mmo… only we have skill lags, lags and others things..

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Yup, it’s bad for EU tier 1 Eternal Battlegrounds right now. The cool thing I just discovered is another perf counter that correlates better with the lag than total CPU. Y’all in a big fight right now? I guess if you are you’re not posting to the forums.

Giving us player update is not solution at all! Will Arena net fix the lag? Yes? or No?

Take note. This is precisely a good reason for a dev technical team member “not to post”. They do precisely what is asked for, and some poster makes and irrational aggressive complaint.

Read to me what the 2 forum i post say? Give me the date when the 2 forum were posted? I will give hint: 3 years ago.

If you want to argue with me: argue with every player who post in this new forum include all player who post 3 years ago about have the same problem:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-is-so-lagy/page/7#post4946502

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Official-state-of-skill-lag-and-server-optimizations/page/7#post4797992

Thank You!

(I am not angry with Stephen ClarkeWillson at all, I am just not please when Arena net already have enough information on this problem for 3 years than all of sudden, want to ask us for information).

*I do not have right to say to Stephen ClarkeWillson, “do not communicate with us until Arena net fix problem” but if you read the 2 thread i link: Arena net did the same like Stephen ClarkeWillson: ask us player for information/feedback and the same thing is happening 3 years later again.

Again, I am not angry at Stephen ClarkeWillson but angry that is the same repetition all over again: every year same thing.

Player to Arena net: there is lag problem
Arena net to Player; give information on lag problem
Player to Arena net: here is information
Arena net to Player: we will look into it
Player to Arena net: ok
Player to Arena net: where is solution
Arena net to Player:???
Player to Arena net: Please fix problem
Arena net to Player: Check your computer, Check with your server connection

1 year later

Same thing

2 year later

Same thing

3 year later

Same thing

Do you see the problem now?

Sssshhhhhh

Hush now, the grownups are talking.

Immature! I am not surprised.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

I don’t post a lot but this seemed like an opportunity in real-time to correlate the player experience with a big pile o’ graphs.

thank you for looking into this and communicating with the playerbase. It is appreciated.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

Also … it is sometimes an ISP. Things are rough at peak time in some parts of Europe right now. Amazon and Netflix have expanded their streaming offerings and the intertubes in EU are sometimes a bit clogged up at peak time. This is gross generalization because the EU is a big place and YMMV. The thing with connecting to our game is that there is your ISP, one or more other ISPs in between, and then one of our ISPs (we have three I think). Usually the trouble is with one of the ISPs in the middle. That’s why it is hard to fix; you call your ISP, we call our ISP, but it’s hard to get someone to call the ISP in the middle and then get the ISP in the middle to do something about it when they are just trying to make it through a night of lots of video streaming.

Can us player help in calling the Isp in the middle by our isp internet? or any other way we can help?

Ankur

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

Our ISP’s are not to blame because the lag is experienced globally and is not localised. Everyone is experiencing the same lag / rubber band spikes regardless of their ISP.

The lag has been really bad since the stability changes. You could try temporarily reducing the amount of allowed players on the map to see if the lag improves… however I have a feeling that won’t make much of a difference because it rubber bands without large groups on the map (even without the large fights although large groups do seem to cause it)

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Zaruna.3812

Zaruna.3812

Can us player help in calling the Isp in the middle by our isp internet? or any other way we can help?

Although that could be the case at times, it’s not the main issue right now. Programs like wtfast use tunnelings so they passby the ISP’s on the way to the end ( GW2’s ). But right now even on wtfast you’d run into the same lag/delays as without. I’ve tried it a couple of times since patch, still unplayable.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

Our ISP’s are not to blame because the lag is experienced globally and is not localised. Everyone is experiencing the same lag / rubber band spikes regardless of their ISP.

The lag has been really bad since the stability changes. You could try temporarily reducing the amount of allowed players on the map to see if the lag improves… however I have a feeling that won’t make much of a difference because it rubber bands without large groups on the map (even without the large fights although large groups do seem to cause it)

Suggestion: why not increase the server capacity size? Example: if 1 server have 1000 capacity size: why not increase it to 2000? just example

Ankur

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: BATMAN.6794

BATMAN.6794

stephen did you notice a change in lag when reducing map capacity? Would you think about reducing map capacity even more to make sure a map never got over 60% CPU? If you did this and found the findings to be improved, would you consider doing this to all NA and EU servers to prevent this nonsense lag we all hate? Lastly, would you think about doing this type of capacity reduction to PvE maps also so it doesnt effect people in WvW? I think if populations were spread out into many different maps and made people use “skill” to defeat what ever they are facing, maybe we wouldnt have issues with lag/skill lag.

Desert Borderlands suck bring back alpine til new ones are revamped

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Azelroth.6801

Suggestion: why not increase the server capacity size? Example: if 1 server have 1000 capacity size: why not increase it to 2000? just example

Because that would encourage more blobbing which is currently ruining the WvW game mode in general.

Less lag is a more enjoyable gaming experience, not more

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

And thus my firstborn will be named Stephen.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Seriously, you’re the guy who has repeatedly made troll threads to nerf or remove anything whenever you get killed by it. You’re telling someone to do their job, that you think you know more than them. Newsflash: you don’t. Are you seriously going to play the immaturity card? You must be joking.

Stephen has only said once to keep him updated. Other than that he has been spending time watching heatmaps/treemaps and perf logs to try and figure out where the spikes are hitting the most, which might lead to a “why.” As far as I know he has never posted in these forums. I suggest you let him do his thing and see where it goes before saying “OMG 3 YEARS THEY SHOULD KNOW EVERYTHING” or whatever. That’s immature.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

Although that could be the case at times, it’s not the main issue right now. Programs like wtfast use tunnelings so they passby the ISP’s on the way to the end ( GW2’s ). But right now even on wtfast you’d run into the same lag/delays as without. I’ve tried it a couple of times since patch, still unplayable.

If you read all of his posts you see that he is aware of the issues on his side. But even if he solves all of these issues some of us will still have problems because a random ISP has an issue. So the YMMV. Maybe his last two posts were made at the wrong time. On the other hand he is making posts, he is trying to solve the issue, I am pretty happy

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

Seriously, you’re the guy who has repeatedly made troll threads to nerf or remove anything whenever you get killed by it. You’re telling someone to do their job, that you think you know more than them. Newsflash: you don’t. Are you seriously going to play the immaturity card? You must be joking.

Stephen has only said once to keep him updated. Other than that he has been spending time watching heatmaps/treemaps and perf logs to try and figure out where the spikes are hitting the most, which might lead to a “why.” As far as I know he has never posted in these forums. I suggest you let him do his thing and see where it goes before saying “OMG 3 YEARS THEY SHOULD KNOW EVERYTHING” or whatever. That’s immature.

Read again what i say,

" I am not angry with Stephen ClarkeWillson at all, I am just not please when Arena net already have enough information on this problem for 3 years than all of sudden, want to ask us for information "

" Again, I am not angry at Stephen ClarkeWillson but angry that is the same repetition all over again: every year same thing ".

Here is Stephen ClarkeWillson answer,

“Also … it is sometimes an ISP. Things are rough at peak time in some parts of Europe right now. Amazon and Netflix have expanded their streaming offerings and the intertubes in EU are sometimes a bit clogged up at peak time. This is gross generalization because the EU is a big place and YMMV. The thing with connecting to our game is that there is your ISP, one or more other ISPs in between, and then one of our ISPs (we have three I think). Usually the trouble is with one of the ISPs in the middle. That’s why it is hard to fix; you call your ISP, we call our ISP, but it’s hard to get someone to call the ISP in the middle and then get the ISP in the middle to do something about it when they are just trying to make it through a night of lots of video streaming.

Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Inferno.2315

Inferno.2315

I’d just like to add a bit on the lag thing. Now I really can’t be sure that it isn’t my connection since I’m on very limited satellite bandwidth here. But I will say that recently and only recently have I experienced lag of the type described in the wvw. But I actually experienced it in large battles like tequatl. My skills would be delayed by like 10-30 seconds. Even clicking a waypoint was delayed. Once people left and the battle was over it stopped lagging.

Again, it could be me but this is the first time I’ve seen it like this. Normally I’m fine in tequatl. Just thought I’d throw it out there in case its related.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

It takes all my willpower to not abduct and marry Stephen right now. You are a true hero, good sir!

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Blaupunkt.6478

Blaupunkt.6478

Report from matchup Far Shiverpeaks – Augury Rock – Gandara:

Just finally got in to eb (there was 60q, due to reduced map capacity); Instantly 3-way fight with 50vs50vs50 and horrible skilllaggs.

Couldnt cast a single skill, couldnt switch attunement as ele. Was a little bit rubberbanding (that might be because of my Ping that was at around 150).

Its good to see someone answering to wvw problems finally but i really hope you are going to keep that up and try figuring out what the problem is.

I fixed the worst rubberbanding etc with using VPN but the skilllagg is definetly not on my end and not on the ISP end, im pretty sure about that.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: nexusone.2367

nexusone.2367

Same here .. not a massive queue but was already lagging in keep like crazy when the fight in SM was going on. Also Gandara MU here, also around 10 min ago.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I think you may have misunderstood.

Before the current situation started, they was more lag in EU then in china or NA. That was what he was referring to. Thus the current issue is compounded with the previous issue in the EU region.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

we appreciate it!

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

I don’t think it is the skill change. I do think the thing we did to reduce PvP (and also some PvE) lag made WvW lag worse; or, put the opposite way, WvW lag was bleeding over into the other map types, and we fixed that. The silver lining as they say is that the perf counters are more accurate than they were and I think I see the problem now; it’s going take some engineering to fix properly but I have a band-aid in place now that reduces the occurrences (at least as I perceive them via my graphs).

Thanks for attempting to fix with band-aid but a proper permanent fix would be ideal. If you guys have timeline worked out for the fix or when you apply the fix please update so people can give feedback if issue is resolved!

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Azelroth.6801

If one of the variables that may have caused the lag was the inclusion of these new servers to help WvW.

Perhaps identify if those new servers were an ideal choice (probably not given the lag experienced) to handle the burst data and load. Perhaps the cache isn’t keeping up and the rubber banding is just due to the cache catching up?

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

I have always wondered if 5x 20v20s at the same time, all around the map in different areas would cause similar pressure on the server and cause skill lag. Like 60v60v60 in a single place does. ?

Certainly the former is much smoother on the user computer side and there is practical factor that in multiple smaller fights people might not affect as many targets all the time. But is there theoretical difference on server side.

[TA]

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Skarpo.8635

Skarpo.8635

Stephen,

You’ve essentially stated that WvW was cannibalizing resources from PvP/PvE so you chose to spread the lag around in this latest patch. Perhaps, if as a company, Arenanet had taken into account the resources required in order to support the particle effect extravaganza that is wvw BEFORE releasing the game, then we would not be having these issues.

As a company you chose to develop three game modes in WvW, PvE, and PvP. Unfortunately you put a lot of your troops into the PvP-front only to find nobody there, while the WvW-front was freezing to death marching against hordes of hungry dub-ve-dubbers. Naturally you sent some troops to help deal with those unruly WvW people. (culling was fixed huzzah)

Then the PvP change hits along with massive advertising. People are actually playing the game-mode you put a large portion of your financial resources into (good work, you get to keep your jobs).

After the office pizza-party, I’m sure you were all surprised that there were more people playing your game-mode and the servers may be under more pressure than they’re used to. Who would have thought that more players playing your game would increase the load on the server?

So how did Arenanet respond to an influx in pvp players? Spread the lag around….but WvW gets almost all of it.

The fact that you’re blaming Netflix and other streaming services for causing lag within gw2 is ridiculous. If this were the case it would not be an Arenanet issue and you’d have the internet blowing up about connection problems. Maybe you should include the Netflix and streaming services changes in the patch-notes if it is going to directly relate to game-play. Here’s an example of what you should put in patch notes

*Trailer Park Boys Season 10 is due to be released at 14:45 gmt on the sixth of december, please prepare for and anticipate lag during these times.

BLAOW

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

You mean the one guy being a bit unreasonable vs the loads of other people trying to be helpful? Talk about confirmation bias yeesh.

Whispers with meat.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Morabi.4568

Morabi.4568

The point basically is that You have made one of the aspects of your game nearly unplayable. There are 3 sections to the game as stated before, WvW, PvE, and PvP.

Currently the change made to the servers is making two of those aspects more smooth at the cost of making WvW a laggy mess. That is if I have correctly interpreted the description given to me.

This doesn’t mean that WvW is unplayable, it just means that the experience of the game-play is lowered significantly in value. Before the change to the servers I had little to no issues with lag in PvE, but that’s beside the point.

An extensive game mode like WvW is, and SHOULD, be expected to tie up more resources. So if you had chosen to make this game mode playable it should have been expected to use more resources and those resources should have been made available.

It sounds like you didn’t expect WvW to take more resources so now you are essentially gimping the game mode by keeping it from using extra resources.

Almost done…

It has been made clear to me since the beginning of the game, that WvW has been subject to a serious state of neglect. Now, because you didn’t account for the amount of resources that WvW would tie up, you are forced to even further neglect the game style. So, after all this is said, How long until you remove WvW from the game completely?

By my calculations, since the first major WvW update (Culling Removal), WvW has seen a steady decline in Development focus until we arrive at its present state.

Please notify me in advance before you remove it, due to it interfering with PvE content, so I can move onto other games. I’m a bit tired of being led around by a “Hope” that things will be improved.

Castiel
Sea of Sorrows – [EP]
It’s time to end this with Tempestoso.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Previous

Stephen ClarkeWillson

Next

I’m not going to argue technical trade-offs in a thread like this. We fixed a bug in our game scheduler and as a result we’ve found another bug in WvW that was previously hidden. It’s as simple as that.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Giving us player update is not solution at all! In result of my investigation: Arena net already have enough information on lagging. 1 more year later and again: will Arena net fix the lag? Yes? or No?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Skill-Lag-in-WvW-Game-Breaking

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Official-state-of-skill-lag-and-server-optimizations/first

You haven’t even been playing the game for a year. Settle down and let the man work.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Morabi.4568

Well the good news is, you have until X-Pac to fix it. Hopefully The money I spent in the past will finally find its way into the game mode I play, not because I have to, but because I LIKE it. The sooner you guys realize that the game style you developed on your free time, is actually worth putting development funds into the better.

Castiel
Sea of Sorrows – [EP]

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Skarpo.8635

Skarpo.8635

Stephen,

I don’t expect you alone to respond to a terrible lack of fore-site on behalf of the company you work for, and you’re correct you shouldn’t have to argue about technical trade-offs within one tiny thread nobody will ever read. However, as a company it would probably be in your best interest to address the community as a whole through a wider medium than the flame-fest that is the support forum.

I honestly feel as if Arenanet is run by all the kids in my computer science class that couldn’t code and just wanted to play Yu-Gi-Oh and not shower.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: nexusone.2367

nexusone.2367

I’m more than happy that something is actually communicated, especially since it’s more than just “we are aware, post here, see you in 2 years”. So as long as the red posts are coming i’m happy since so far in this thread each red post was progress even if it’s just “i found more related to the problem” .. so keep it going

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

I think someone working extra on a Saturday deserves applause no matter what! Thanks!

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Morabi.4568

You guys have one of the best combat systems in the MMO industry, EVER. Please don’t waste the incredible chance you have to build a lasting PvP/WvW legacy in the industry.

Make it work, proper resource management and all and I see no reason for anyone to complain. I only complain because I see the Enormous amount of potential the game has being thrown out the window.

Castiel
Sea of Sorrows – [EP]

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

This is one of those… well Kitten if you do, Kitten if you don’t situations. Anet gets told they don’t communication enough. Dev comes and talks openly and candidly about the situation while working on a Saturday on a Holiday Weekend… Why? Because they wanted to monitor the situation in case an issue arose. And it did. Player feedback helps find the cause. And now plans can be put forth to fix the issue once and for all. Are these not good things? So why come out and attack a Dev that is #1 doing their job, and #2 going above and beyond what is needed to communicate.

Thank you for your effort, sorry you get to see some of the worst with their awful attitudes.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I’m not going to argue technical trade-offs in a thread like this. We fixed a bug in our game scheduler and as a result we’ve found another bug in WvW that was previously hidden. It’s as simple as that.

Ignore the trolls who are trying to tell you what’s wrong with out having ever seen the code or equipment. The rest of us appreciate your efforts, greatly

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Thanks for putting in the time on your weekend! Especially a long weekend.

I want to throw in my feedback: I’ve got 6500+ hours in with reasonable but not huge portion of it in WvW. The skill lag that showed up recently has been consistent and predictable, and like it was quite a while back when it was acknowledged on the forums (and fixed!)

I don’t think this is restricted to WvW, though. I am finding that I get the same skill lag during spawns of whatever world boss happens to be a daily (and sometimes with the non-dailies too).

So, it may not be just in the WvW servers but something changed in the logic across the board. WvW is a nice place to test though, definitely

Please also note that I’m one of those people who tells the 5fps crew it’s time for a PC upgrade…

currently:
i7 4930 @ 4.25Ghz
2 x nVidia 980GTX (not overclocked)
2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Raid0

And the game runs great at 4k resolution.

Graphics settings posted in case that helps. Please note the average ping time is because I just loaded the game. Usually I float around 90-110 using Shaw Cable in Vancouver BC.

Attachments:

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

Thanks for putting in the time on your weekend! Especially a long weekend.

I want to throw in my feedback: I’ve got 6500+ hours in with reasonable but not huge portion of it in WvW. The skill lag that showed up recently has been consistent and predictable, and like it was quite a while back when it was acknowledged on the forums (and fixed!)

I don’t think this is restricted to WvW, though. I am finding that I get the same skill lag during spawns of whatever world boss happens to be a daily (and sometimes with the non-dailies too).

So, it may not be just in the WvW servers but something changed in the logic across the board. WvW is a nice place to test though, definitely

Please also note that I’m one of those people who tells the 5fps crew it’s time for a PC upgrade…

currently:
i7 4930 @ 4.25Ghz
2 x nVidia 980GTX (not overclocked)
2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Raid0

And the game runs great at 4k resolution.

Graphics settings posted in case that helps. Please note the average ping time is because I just loaded the game. Usually I float around 90-110 using Shaw Cable in Vancouver BC.

I know how you feel, 4930k 3x 780’s 4k with SSD and I get sick and tired of people in teamspeak saying “LAG.. FPS LAG!”

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Ignore the trolls who are trying to tell you what’s wrong with out having ever seen the code or equipment. The rest of us appreciate your efforts, greatly

This. The forum is a dangerous place, but you are doing great Stephen. Telling the players what monster there is inside is better than leaving us alone in the dark. Even if some people are scared of that monster, most of us will have a chance to prepare ourself. (I hope my analogy is understood, I just watched a terror movie xD).

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Previous

Stephen ClarkeWillson

Next

Yo – turns out I can temp move myself into Blackgate and experience the lag level for myself! Don’t worry – I won’t actually play for points. I’m “Asuradly So”, a little Asura engi in-game hanging at Blackgate Hill, if you want to say “hi”.

Of course, now I have forums, graphs, and actual game to watch at the same time. Should be interesting! I think I need more monitors.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Noobix.3958

Noobix.3958

Ok i have only one more question , why only GW2 have problems like this, any ESO or other mmo… only we have skill lags, lags and others things..

Because GW2 actually has players that play it.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

You may also want to check out Southsun maps during the Karka Queen event in a couple hours (if you can) as that is the other time I’ve noticed skill lag spikes since the stability patch. Albeit, it’s not causing the event to fail by any stretch, and it’s a lot worse in WvW 20+ fights. I just stopped playing on reset the last 2 weeks.

Also, thanks for looking into it! Hopefully there can be resolution in the near future.

(edited by Kuju.2153)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

Things are stable again. My working hypothesis is that there is a bug in the “catch up” code. It’s not really necessarily bad for a map to exceed 100% CPU for a short period of time – the game is very tolerant of small lag even in WvW battles. But I’m wondering if sometimes a map starts working hard to fix a tiny blip which actually makes things worse for several minutes. If that’s the case it would certainly show up in big fights. I’ve lowered the map cap to keep CPU below 85%-ish to see if there are fewer lag spikes.

Is there anything that can be done about World Boss frame rate lag? It seems worse lately and it wasn’t great before. 15fps on Frozen Maw with an i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz and a GTX 970 isn’t great, especially considering I’ve lowered my settings to a mix of low/medium.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Gigiobalt.7625

Gigiobalt.7625

Alright boyz. Let give him a three way garri fight tonight, so he can see for himself how it is

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

Ok i have only one more question , why only GW2 have problems like this, any ESO or other mmo… only we have skill lags, lags and others things..

Because GW2 actually has players that play it.

I will take your response as humor : i was going to show evidence that is not true at all.

Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)