WvW Map Change Coming

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Naithe.4271

Naithe.4271

Thanks for the rotation back to Alpine for a bit, variety is good.

Spawn trebs still work apparently, we’ve asked for this over and over again to be fixed. I’m posting a bug as well. Please address ASAP, some servers abuse this. Other servers don’t like cheating.

Thanks!

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

I don’ t understand this. Now WvW is exactly the same of 3 years ago.

It’ s an incredible failure.

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Thanks for the rotation back to Alpine for a bit, variety is good.

Spawn trebs still work apparently, we’ve asked for this over and over again to be fixed. I’m posting a bug as well. Please address ASAP, some servers abuse this. Other servers don’t like cheating.

Thanks!

Absolutely please fix this. Using these or not isn’t a server issue, it’s a player issue. And some players, regardless of server, think invulnerable spawn trebs are cheating.

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I don’ t understand this. Now WvW is exactly the same of 3 years ago.

It’ s an incredible failure.

You realize they updated the maps and changed things. It’s the same map, but still different. It’s not a failure.

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

So with a map rotation system, stability fixes, balanced population, reward system, new scoring system and GvG support I’ll probably reinstall the game.

Seems you’re on the right track there besides for GvG support where nothing ever happens.

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Welcome back, old friend…

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Naithe.4271

Please support this thread if you believe that spawn trebs are exploiting, make Alpine great again: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Alpine-Border-Land-Back-Spawn-Treb-Bug/first#post6135205

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I think y’all will want to read the update notes for today so you get a view of the map in the here and now. Changes have been made, but naturally we’d like you to share any issues that you identify after you’ve given the map a few run-throughs.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Heather.4823

Heather.4823

Alpine back! So happy!!

Siren – Aurora Glade

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Faith has once again been rewarded.

Attachments:

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Interesting that people hate the desert BL so much they don’t mind a change to alpine right in the middle of a matchup.

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Izzy.6197

Izzy.6197

I’ve never been so happy or excited in my life. Can’t wait to get home from work!!!!!! Thank you Anet. I’m itching for a juicy Bay fight!!

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

played map for 5 minutes. realized i played this same map for years and left because the k-trainers are already out k-training empty objectives

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

played map for 5 minutes. realized i played this same map for years and left because the k-trainers are already out k-training empty objectives

Apparently you haven’t been playing on the DBLs since the server merges…same thing there, too, due to so much overflow from EBG and the gimmicky terrain of the DBL making it safer to have larger numbers.

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Its the middle of the day. Coverage balance was not fixed by the server combinations.

Hopefully tonight all maps are queued in every tier.

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

So you are unhappy that more players want to play on these wvw maps?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

briggah.7910

Its the middle of the day. Coverage balance was not fixed by the server combinations.

maybe you are right and maybe ebg won’t be as blobby as it has been but after playing the updated desert bl and going back to this map I now see the flaws of this map

Player Vs Everyone

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Interesting that people hate the desert BL so much they don’t mind a change to alpine right in the middle of a matchup.

It is an easy map, much more easy blob pvd.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Naithe.4271

maybe you are right and maybe ebg won’t be as blobby as it has been but after playing the updated desert bl and going back to this map I now see the flaws of this map

Like spawn trebs! =p

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

Thanks for kittening up the MU

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

briggah.7910

lets just see how long they keep playing it before they ask for new maps again

Player Vs Everyone

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

When are we getting new maps?

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I’ve never been so happy or excited in my life. Can’t wait to get home from work!!!!!! Thank you Anet. I’m itching for a juicy Bay fight!!

My exact feeling, too late to call off because I’m already here haha.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

Reverting back to alpine when alpine is exactly the same map as the one we played on for 2 + years is a bad idea. Reverting to that map while resting the match is more bullkitten on top of that. Thank you.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Naithe.4271

ANet has no strings Mal!

No strings on meeeeeeeeeeeee!

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

lolol…. seriously I must be one of the only ones that loves the current maps. I’m sure the old ones will be just fine but soooooo boring running through them… ah well… I concede to the ‘majority’

… just call me … Tim :)

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Thank you anet, faith has been restored!

Don’t listen to the nay sayers, whilst the minority is on the forums complaining, the majority is Qing every BL and fighting.

I can’t wait to playyyyy!!!

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Peppermint Candy.8546

Peppermint Candy.8546

NORTH CAMP !!! Here I come !

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

lolol…. seriously I must be one of the only ones that loves the current maps. I’m sure the old ones will be just fine but soooooo boring running through them… ah well… I concede to the ‘majority’

Your not alone.

What’s annoying is I am happy that people are happy that wanted ABL back and they can play there again. But at the same time irritated since the new maps were a lot of fun. So its now up to ANet to provide good customer service and make up the loss of good will to those that like DBL or even liked both.

So again, why do we have to have 3 copies of the same map. Lets move to a 4 map solution then both sets of people have options.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

TheGrimm.5624, 2 maps, if they had a third map they could get each map on each color, reduce the servers to 3, and ad maps to wvw like it was a continent.
plenty of maps for several blob cluster play styles if there s more than one.

>:) it would be a start, and then make castles work like a extension of the GH, more feature more defending, more rewards in holding, more pride?, no server raotation would make a feel of faction progeression, player effort wont be reseted at the end of the week, etc.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Your not alone.

What’s annoying is I am happy that people are happy that wanted ABL back and they can play there again. But at the same time irritated since the new maps were a lot of fun. So its now up to ANet to provide good customer service and make up the loss of good will to those that like DBL or even liked both.

So again, why do we have to have 3 copies of the same map. Lets move to a 4 map solution then both sets of people have options.

A 4 map solution would be awesome. It makes more sense that everyone gets a different layout. And that would make the game even way more interesting, challenging, and of course fun!

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

all this yapping and the Alpine maps are IN ! lol

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

May want to reconsider camps tactivator locations, most are placed aweful making evading a pain at times.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I’m so excited that I can hardly contain it. If I wasn’t at work, I’d be roaming the alpine maps right now. Thanks Anet for hearing the cries of your long term customers (even if it did take 7 months to do something about it.)

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Bury Your Deadgreen.2368

Bury Your Deadgreen.2368

I …. I should not have read this at work…. I now have a “migraine” and have to go home immediately to “sleep” … I cannot be more happy DBL is gone for a while…

Soon…..

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Multinovae.5918

Multinovae.5918

I still say that you should just ADD the alpine BLs (to the desert BLs and EB), call them the Hosted server BL. Will take pressure off of EB and DBLs. Will allow more people to roam, and play their way.

~Sylva
Multinovae.5918
Just another zergling in [TBT], rip the [Phnx] dream.

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Get off the forums and go make videos of you beating up all those bl k-trainers.

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I still say that you should just ADD the alpine BLs (to the desert BLs and EB), call them the Hosted server BL. Will take pressure off of EB and DBLs. Will allow more people to roam, and play their way.

Wonder what would happen if they added the maps so that there are 6 BL maps. But then cut the Alpine map capacity in half. Or cut Desert in half. Or alternated the cut weekly.

Or maybe dynamically add in the other BL if population gets above a certain threshold.

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

So happy they are back! Roaming has returned to the bl’s, I have been having so much fun!

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Get off the forums and go make videos of you beating up all those bl k-trainers.

im solo roaming but keep getting jumped because game mode is full of bad players that can’t fight outside their zergs kill 1 they come back with 4+

Make a team and show em who’s boss!

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

the alpine BLs are lack luster. Please at least have the desert BLs in rotation.

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Kaatora.3186

Kaatora.3186

Not sure if I want to play a WvW where spawn trebs exist again. I will probably be taking a break until at least that is fixed.

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

roaming returned? roflmao… so funny… things are much smaller of course… and the big groups of people get to where you are trying to do your little caps and run you over… and sadly some of them even drop siege on you… nothing like a good 15 to 1 kill.. lol, that’s gotta feel good. I’m not sorry to say, I miss the DBL’s already. I mean really, if we’re gonna have these little toy bl’s then let’s go back to our little servers … :P Just sayin…

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

roaming returned? roflmao… so funny… things are much smaller of course… and the big groups of people get to where you are trying to do your little caps and run you over… and sadly some of them even drop siege on you… nothing like a good 15 to 1 kill.. lol, that’s gotta feel good. I’m not sorry to say, I miss the DBL’s already. I mean really, if we’re gonna have these little toy bl’s then let’s go back to our little servers … :P Just sayin…

Being able to duck a zerg is part of roaming…. it sounds like what you are missing was being able to PvE an empty map where no one cared to defend anything.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

With the next (not-hotfix) release, WvW will be down for maintenance as we switch to the Alpine Borderlands maps. Announcements will be made in-game at the start and end of maintenance.

Hype!

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

briggah.7910

flickering gate bug is back

Player Vs Everyone

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Reverting back to alpine when alpine is exactly the same map as the one we played on for 2 + years is a bad idea. Reverting to that map while resting the match is more bullkitten on top of that. Thank you.

If the DBL was successful at not only retaining, but increasing population, then they would not have brought back Alpine. Bringing back a know quantity is a great idea when the one you have isn’t working well.

GJ Dev’s! It feels like this decision was made quite recently. If so, kudos for being so aggressive and putting the work into it so quickly.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Thank you Anet!!!! Hopefully people will actually be able to play the game during prime time now rather than sit in queues all night.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

WvW will re-enable and spin up Alpine maps not long after the new build is available.

I’m glad that Alpine is back although I hope for a rotation of it and desert. But why wasn’t this done at reset? Is it a technical reason? You’re compromising the current weeks match in what is supposed to be a competitive mode.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

WvW Map Change Coming

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

If the DBL was successful at not only retaining, but increasing population, then they would not have brought back Alpine. Bringing back a know quantity is a great idea when the one you have isn’t working well.

GJ Dev’s! It feels like this decision was made quite recently. If so, kudos for being so aggressive and putting the work into it so quickly.

The increasing population just because one map would not happen, that was the sum of alot of mistakes.