WvW Season 1 - Low population servers

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

Hello all,

With the introduction of WvW Season 1 and its reward chests related with server performance, I think that when this season finishes a lot of players from low population servers will transfer to high population servers.

Doing WvW in a low population server is very hard, we are always the underdog and most of the time we just feed the huge zerg of higher population servers.

Playing in a high population server is like a dream. Just follow the zerg and you get a lot of kills, a lot of WXP, advance in the ranks faster, get a lot of bags, a lot of drops, a lot of badges, alot of everything so you can equip your chars very fast and sell what you do not use.

The only drawback of high population servers is the waiting time to get in WvW during peak hours.

Having said that, I think ANet needs to rethink the WvW system trying to rebalance the server population differences.

The “Outnumbered” buff was a nice move but I think we need a bit more. When a server gets the “Outnumbered” buff on a specific map it should also get another buff as per my suggestion:

“Desperate Resistance” – Triggered by “Outnumbered” plus less than 33% of control points on a specific map. Fades off when “Outnumbered” disappears or the server has more than 66% of control points on a specific map. Only applicable to the server with less total points of the 3 competing servers.

Buffs:
permanent +33% movement speed
+10% in all Primary Attributes (Power, Precision, Toughness and Vitality)
Outpost upgrades decreased by -33% of needed supply plus construction times +33% faster.

These are my 2 cents but I am pretty sure that most of you can contribute with more ideas to balance the server population differences in WvW.

All feedback welcome.

Thank you and best regards,

Red

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

(edited by RedBaron.6058)

in WvW

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Only top 1-4 servers actually have que troubles and only top 2 servers is it actually server.

They need to make places harder to cap honestly = more upgrades

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Supply buffs would be one of the most helpful thing to underpopulated servers. Speed buff would be nice too.

They definitely need to put in some handicapping mechanism.

in WvW

Posted by: Hitch.7295

Hitch.7295

I agree after a few weeks of trying this out I am very disappointed in what I thought was going to some sort of strategy game but turns out to be no more then a zerg fest for the largest servers. This certainly was in no way what I had hoped for. 10 against 50 or whatever. There is no need for any defensive game play here just join a big server and off you go. Not a QQ on getting downed just certainly not a game with any thinking required.

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

I suspect that making objectives harder to capture would actually make zerging worse.

what they need to do is make it easier to take undefended objectives, but harder to take defended ones. taking an undefended objective needs to be so easy that 2-4 players can do it quickly, no matter how upgraded it is.

if they did that, zergs would be forced to leave people behind to guard each objective (if they want to keep them), and the team that has more objectives would naturally need to dedicate more people to defense (or risk losing everything to small roving groups).

unfortunately defense is boring and unrewarding, so while this might be an effective mechanic for server balance, it’s not much fun.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

Outnumbered definitely needs a better buff. It’s not enough.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Eagle.7208

Eagle.7208

I’ve been outmanned on every map for the past two weeks =/.

All of Underworlds its WvW Guilds transferred elsewhere. Resulting in permanent outmanned buff.

We went all the way from a dominating server, to the server that gets completely dominated. I now see it is very discouraging, we’re dependant on PuG players, and they are not attracted by the little bonus Xp. Simply because we can’t get any Xp vs the massive zerg groups.

Deffenitly could do with a revamp.

- Archi
- Underworld Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

3 weeks of outmanned and watching all our stuff get flipped effortlessly. Seriously thinking of switching to a T1 myself. Love my server though.

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

Instead of complaining about your servers doing badly and moving to higher tier ones, you should build up your community and DRAW people from tier 1-2-3 servers to your low pop servers because you have a nice community and NO QUES/little lag….

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

Posted by: Guru.1582

Guru.1582

Instead of complaining about your servers doing badly and moving to higher tier ones, you should build up your community and DRAW people from tier 1-2-3 servers to your low pop servers because you have a nice community and NO QUES/little lag….

Funny how people are so willing to tell other people to do this, and yet so few actually will.

Admit it. You don’t really think it’s plausible for any random person to start a Grassroots mega-campaign to revitalize their server, do you? Long before it gets to that point, they’re likely to just jump to an overpopulated server, exacerbating the problem, or leave the game, ditto.

People just say “Naw, you just gotta turn into a community organizer the likes of which gaming has rarely seen” because it saves them from having to say “Yeah, WvW in general and this league in specific are poorly planned and designed, fundamentally.”

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

I bet the OP would have no problem if his server was stomping lower populated ones. People making threads like this are just being hypocrites.

in WvW

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

Only top 1-4 servers actually have que troubles and only top 2 servers is it actually server.

sure and every server in eu had ques whole days first weeks even those who never had ques before.

wanna now why? PVE POPULATION WENT TO WvW!

same for us servers.

there is no low population except vabii.

in WvW

VaaCrow.3076

Funny how people are so willing to tell other people to do this, and yet so few actually will.

Admit it. You don’t really think it’s plausible for any random person to start a Grassroots mega-campaign to revitalize their server, do you? Long before it gets to that point, they’re likely to just jump to an overpopulated server, exacerbating the problem, or leave the game, ditto.

People just say “Naw, you just gotta turn into a community organizer the likes of which gaming has rarely seen” because it saves them from having to say “Yeah, WvW in general and this league in specific are poorly planned and designed, fundamentally.”

Don’t remember suggesting electing somebody as a community organiser? I also don’t remember saying that forming a community would be easy to do. But certain servers i have played /have friends on have had very nice communities, and to them it is natural not hard work, they have combined guild events, public ts/ forums, and its just the effort of guilds working together so that their server can provide a fun environment in which players can enjoy the game.

The leagues were planned well, they should just have had the forsight to block transfers to certain servers. It is not their game design that has ruined the leagues for YOU it is just player Greed and the devs can’t tell people not to be greedy, can they?

TL;DR Yes i do think it’s possible for a community to develop on a server really.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I just really hope that whole “Collaborative Development” thing comes to fruition and they address both primary WvW population imbalances and timezone stacking as well.

I also understand these are very hard problems to take on, but the situation can be vastly improved in the correct direction, instead of making it worse as it is inside the current system where the stacked servers have discounted transfers to 800 gems. That kinda stuff seems just plain stupid to me and opposite of what needs to be.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I bet the OP would have no problem if his server was stomping lower populated ones. People making threads like this are just being hypocrites.

Nope. Because its boring as kitten to be the server that is doing the stomping. Getting dominated sucks, doing the dominating sucks.

I’d rather be getting dominated myself. In fact, I transferred from a server that is doing the stomping to one that is getting stomped because I was bored to death. Of course its not much better because its mostly just karma training because actually playing strategically is pointless. But it is still slightly better.

in WvW

Posted by: possessed.2036

possessed.2036

I cannot see how a buff can make a difference to Devonas Rest.Our server has become so demoralised that there are only 4-8 people on the whole map at night Australian time. Facing zergs from Hod & SF of 40+ with 3-4 golems wont ever be equalised by any kind of buff.The set up of this wvw has totally decimated our servers wvw population beyond repair.

in WvW

Posted by: Dekk.3459

Dekk.3459

Don’t remember suggesting electing somebody as a community organiser? I also don’t remember saying that forming a community would be easy to do. But certain servers i have played /have friends on have had very nice communities, and to them it is natural not hard work, they have combined guild events, public ts/ forums, and its just the effort of guilds working together so that their server can provide a fun environment in which players can enjoy the game.

The leagues were planned well, they should just have had the forsight to block transfers to certain servers. It is not their game design that has ruined the leagues for YOU it is just player Greed and the devs can’t tell people not to be greedy, can they?

TL;DR Yes i do think it’s possible for a community to develop on a server really.

There is not enough strategy to WvW since the zerg wins. From playing on a small pop server I know you can take a group of 8 and beat a pve zerg of 30. WvW season 1 though the populations are just not close enough for there to be contest. Community or not.

I would prefer going back to the starting months. Free transfers let the big WvW guilds transfer whenever and push a new server to the top. Atleast that was entertaining for awhile. Anyone that likes the community can stay and not waste their money on gems.

@OP

I agree they could add an incremental Outnumbered buff. More speed is a bit much imo. More supplies suggested by another player is a fantastic idea.

(edited by Dekk.3459)

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Hello all,

With the introduction of WvW Season 1 and its reward chests related with server performance, I think that when this season finishes a lot of players from low population servers will transfer to high population servers.

Shhhh, this is Anets plan.

in WvW

Posted by: possessed.2036

possessed.2036

End of the day US + EU = no dead zone. Until we are all brought together there will be huge disparity in population coverage..
Currently when US goes to bed, whats left of Devonas Rest dwindling population is gone, EU players would fill this gap.

(edited by possessed.2036)

in WvW

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

Sometimes I pop into WvW, ask EB is anyone is around, then all 3 borderlands. Staring into that wide, empty space from spawn I open up the WvW Season 1 achievements page and sigh.

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.8341

Sol.8341

We are playing a game for fun and leisure. Why would we attempt to turn this into a job ? People will always take the path of least resistance and to win : that is to cheat using hacks and transfer to a T1 server. Even if u build up a decent WvW fighting team and commanders, Tier 1 servers’ scouts will come knocking and offer them free transfers and gems/ gold/ legendaries to transfer.

WvW coordinater dev Devon is playing in underdog NSP server in silver league. Care to see him lead and inspire that server to a top dog ? It is his job after-all and if he cannot do it, how can you expect players to do so ?

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

How dare you rudely force your sensible ideas into this thread!!!

:D

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

The game becomes stale for servers when: 30 people chase one player from lowlands up to their north camp, while they own everything on their server ^^

Literally 30 people vs 1 , So when bored, turn wvw into a catch the necro on speed match..
d/d traited with perplexity runes and locust sig, great fun to /laugh then run and see if you survive..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: sofired.6071

sofired.6071

This is a very aggressive and odd response to a perfectly legitimate complaint. I’m sure you wouldnt like to be on OP’s server either.

WSR – GW2’s #1 ranked server that starts with a W.

in WvW

sofired.6071

Lol you think this is a sensible suggestion? Every server is trying to “build up a community”, please explain how this is practical for the minnow servers where the WVW guilds left long ago and many of the rest have given up on wvw after getting hammered by bigger servers every week.

in WvW

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

Where did scaling for events go?

If youd scale a server to the other server, for example

10 people vs 40 people
10 ppl get 400% there original stats.

sure it might ruin 1v1’s but this isnt sPvP and we should be capable to deliver the same blow as they could. this would also encourage pugs to join WvW at any given time since they can actually do stuff and that way the server will eventually fill up and the stats will be downscaled to 40 vs 40 again. it would balance wvw and actually give the most strategic commander an edge.

bronze RoS EU player here, seeing those filthy german, Drakkar, turtling our keep with 20+ arrowcarts and have atleast 10 man groups on both your side of supply camps WITH siege when you are commanding 15 man intotal EB zerg is NOT fun and i came here simply to say im done with it and hope something will change.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I bet if you are on the lower bronze ones you would be shouting the loudest here. If you do not see that this has turned into blob wars guess what, you are blobbing.

in WvW

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

Just spit-balling an idea here; please don’t flame me for the suggestion:

Rather than having players enter into WvW to represent their world, why can’t WvW be made such that at the beginning of the season, players are assigned to 1 of 3 teams, green, red, and blue? For the duration of the season you will be representing that team. All matchups would just then be green vs. red vs. blue. What team a player gets assigned to should be based on some ‘simple’ rules. To list just some that I can think of right now:

1. Players of the same guild will be placed onto the same team. This would require a new guild selection feature that each player must set for themselves such that they identify which one of their guilds they wish to represent while in WvW. Once they’ve set this, and they then enter WvW for the first time in a season, that then defines which team they will be placed on and changing the selection will have no effect until the next season begins.

2. Affinity and Anti-affinity rules to spread WvW guilds as evenly between the 3 teams as possible. This would take a bit of calculation based on the number of players within each guild and combining those players WvW account stats to determine each guild’s overall WvW participation footprint or ‘ranking’. Perhaps a timer can also be added which tracks how much time a player spends in WvW which can then be plugged into the equation. The idea is simply to prevent any one team from being assigned all the top playing WvW guilds. The effort here is to build each of the 3 teams as equally as possible based on some real data that is already being collected; the players’ WvW achievements.

3. When players enter a WvW map, each time the system will attempt to group up members of the same guild onto the same maps whenever possible. Since this will not always be possible, it will spread players out more across the various maps. While there is a bit of a downside to this, it does promote a greater variety as players will be playing with and against an ever changing player base. In other words, you’ll not just be facing players from the same 2 worlds all the time, and instead would face players from across all worlds and this would vary each time you enter a map.

The point of this suggestion is to simply spread WvW players out more evenly onto the maps so in theory the matchups should be much closer in both player participation and scores. It benefits lower population servers because their own server population has no actual impact when they enter WvW as they would match up with players from across all other servers.

(edited by CattivoUomo.7198)

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

Didnt you leave underworld to move to a higher tier server like a few weeks ago? :P

for everyone who isnt a hypocrite.. the issue is when a low pop wvw community is on a server with a high pop pve community, since pvers can guest but wvwers can’t pvers can stay on a server and never actually help the wvw effort while forcing a high gem price to transfer

(edited by Phoenix.3416)

in WvW

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I think Devona’s Rest is the worst server in ranking atm; I’ll have to check again. It’s in a sad way amusing have 2 massive zergs step all over your BL, Eb & everywhere else when you’re a tiny underdog server.

in WvW

Bloodstealer.5978

Lol you think this is a sensible suggestion? Every server is trying to “build up a community”, please explain how this is practical for the minnow servers where the WVW guilds left long ago and many of the rest have given up on wvw after getting hammered by bigger servers every week.

Re-read his suggestion, it makes perfect sense to me.. your minnow servers have an advantage right out the box.. gem sales costs to transfer will be smaller, unless like my server your overall server pop (PvE included) makes it actually a high pop server so WvW xfer costs are silly.. that’s not the server or the players fault that’s just ANET seeing a gap in the market for gem sales from players fed up from servers like mine because of the effects season 1 will have, is having, has had and will continue to have in the future…
But at the end of the day you have to roll with the punches and what VaaCrow is simply saying is.. its up to those that stay to do what they can to try to influence and encourage change by what ever method possible.

in WvW

Bloodstealer.5978

Didnt you leave underworld to move to a higher tier server like a few weeks ago? :P

for everyone who isnt a hypocrite.. the issue is when a low pop wvw community is on a server with a high pop pve community, since pvers can guest but wvwers can’t pvers can stay on a server and never actually help the wvw effort while forcing a high gem price to transfer

And here we go again, why do you persist in name calling others just cos they chose to move to servers offering better action/opportunity.
Now if of course you bought the game for them under the understanding that you owned their soul then sure give them a darn good soul rendering, if not then what has it really got to do with you what others choose, its not like you weren’t thrown the same opportunity as well giving your blessings to those that decided to leave, but you decided to stay, so only thing you can do is get on with it – surely if anything it gives you and your guild a great opportunity to pull things together on UW in readiness for Bronze League next time round.

I log into UW every single day and try to enjoy it where I can, mainly cos I have made a decision to leave GW2 as soon as I have completed what I need from season 1 but myself and the few that remain in the guild want to put as much into helping some of those decent people we have met along the way since the first door opened in GW2… so I guess we are also hypocrites in your view.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

People making replies like this are desperately trying to defend their blobs. Pathetic.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Most servers are doin their best to recruit. For months, it’s been threads after threads, Devona’s Rest had that awesome video, people making videos showin off the server, guild, whatever. All it gets is people burned out. Tier 1 still has more threads than probably the bottom 12 servers combined. They’re recruiting all the time too and they have more people doing it.

The game rewards people for goin up with more money for less effort. The bottom servers have been bleeding people for months, it’s tough to get somethin goin from scratch, it’s much, much harder to build somethin from somethin that’s fallin apart, especially when ArenaNet is actively working against you. For a lot of people it’s turned out to be very demoralizing and not fun, which is not what you want when you get home from work.

There is no payoff, either. You’re not going to get rich or suddenly climb to tier 1, at best you’ll move up a couple tiers if you’re one of the lucky bandwagon servers (not like transfers magically make you good at fightin bigger scale fights), people that transfer aren’t going to be from higher tiers, are going to be like any other people and have their own drama that you’ll have to deal with later. Most likely they’ll leave for a higher server (what’s one more move after you’re made one?).

I kitten on people who say “make a good community”. The truth of it most servers have good people that make a good community and they’ve had it for a while. You’ll find fantastic people to have fun with everywhere. Stuff about good fun fights is fine but at this point in the bottom tiers there’s also stuff about empty maps in off peaks and being bored to death or findin yourself defendin garrison with 2 people against 10+.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

Hello all,

Doing WvW in a low population server is very hard, we are always the underdog and most of the time we just feed the huge zerg of higher population servers.

The “Outnumbered” buff was a nice move but I think we need a bit more. When a server gets the “Outnumbered” buff on a specific map it should also get another buff as per my suggestion:

“Desperate Resistance” – Triggered by “Outnumbered” plus less than 33% of control points on a specific map. Fades off when “Outnumbered” disappears or the server has more than 66% of control points on a specific map. Only applicable to the server with less total points of the 3 competing servers.

Buffs:
permanent +33% movement speed
+10% in all Primary Attributes (Power, Precision, Toughness and Vitality)
Outpost upgrades decreased by -33% of needed supply plus construction times +33% faster.

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 ….. 5 hours later….. +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 ….. New year…. +1 +1 +1 +1 …. patch: Starts client and starts kicking those blobs. Muhahahaha, down with the stackers!

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

MY SUGGESTIONS FOR OUTMANNED:

• Let it trigger when you have only 3/4 of the other server’s coverage
  • Supply capacity for outmanned: +5
  • Increase movement speed, vitality and toughness based on the amount of people running with you.
  • Allow 2 servers to gain outmanned (to cope with the potential of a 3rd very high population server)
  • Outbreak events now start from spawn to nearby keeps every 30 minutes. Siegerazer drops ballistas and arrowcarts.

When server has less than 2/5 of the other server’s pop trigger another buff:

• Defense of forts: Make all guards veterans without update needed, triple the amount of ranged NPC’s.
  • Other servers can not gain points from capping the home borderland of this server.
  • Your server now gains points from ruins (count for +5 per tick if defended).
  • Increase tower walls and gates.
  • Outbreak event start from keeps to nearby towers every 30 minutes: Siegerazer now drops rams and catapults.

in WvW

Posted by: Shinjo.6092

Shinjo.6092

You guys think you have it bad? Try being a thief in DR. Your server comes in last every week and your class gets nerfed every patch.

in WvW

VaaCrow.3076

Didn’t leave to move to a bigger server that wins, moved to GH from uw which is 1 rank above uw in league and has had a hard time in each weeks matchup, actually moved to get away from you/your community robert. nice of u to try to bring up old drama in this thread tho.

in WvW

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

sure and every server in eu had ques whole days first weeks even those who never had ques before.

wanna now why? PVE POPULATION WENT TO WvW!

same for us servers.

there is no low population except vabii.

No they didn’t, I’m on SoS and never had queues during the first few weeks, it’s possible I may not have been on during the busiest time during the week but I had no queue over the weekend (I was grinding the achieves and would take a break every 2 hours or so that would require logging back into wvwvw)

It’s not going to happen, people don’t transfer to losing servers

Whats going to happen is the rewards will happen, they’ll be decent and you’ll see huge numbers of people transfer to the winning tier 1 server. Who from that point on will always win because they’ll have the most players and most coverage.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in WvW

NonToxic.9185

From a different thread, but it highlights exactly why this is frustrating (in response to someone telling us we suck and they are tactically superior):

After getting together all 6 able-bodied WvW players, we tried for 3 hours to take back any of our towers, but your blob of 40+ would track us down and wipe.

Switched to your borderlands, where us 6 once again tried to take a camp and then a tower, but it turns out you -also- have a 30+ zerg in your borderlands!

Took the 6 to Kain’s border then, and took some camps before finding out that even with the numbers you have in the other two maps, an entirely separate guild is rolling around Kain’s with 20 dudes as well.

Numbers are tactics, and thus, you are the superior players.

When our whole borderlands is taken by the enemy, they only have to hold three locations: north camp and the two towers next to the garrison. They only have to hold these three because when the map is taken and the progress stops, all profit leaves WvW and with the profit go the players. There is no recourse for these 6 players, they are never going to cap the garrison or take a keep unless the enemy server goes to sleep (and we must sleep too…).

Now that we’ve been rolled this bad in the early days, nobody is going to log on, and I don’t just mean the casuals. I play a boatload of WvW, but if I can’t take anything more than 1 or 2 camps in an hour, I will do fractals or dungeons instead. In the situation I described above, I made no money, I got no crafting materials, I didn’t rank up, nothing. There is zero incentive to stay and fight back. Outnumbered’s boosts don’t benefit me if I can’t ever -get- XP/money/gear drops.

Maybe more people will be online today and we will get something temporary done; maybe it will stay like this all week.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Dear BBC,

This topic has been discussed ad nauseam with the devs in the CDI thread thing.

Now that it’s over, I personally think it will get swept under the rug.

Yours faithfully,

Disappointed of Tunbridge Wells.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: heXus.8392

heXus.8392

I cant finish WvW Season 1. It stopped at 11/15. I’m on Underworld. I dont know how i can finish season 1. It seems impossible and I cant pass any server (no money & crystal….)

So i think i’ll leave game completely…

in WvW

sofired.6071

To emphasise how bad its got its pretty much peaktime in the EU, a handful of us left playing take a camp in EB nearest our wp, set up a ram, go to resup and theres already a zerg there waiting on the camp timer and then wipe out the tower attack. It’s crappy for us but it cant be much fun for the dominating server who are just feeding off scraps after the initial reset day frenzy.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Bias.4306

Bias.4306

To emphasise how bad its got its pretty much peaktime in the EU, a handful of us left playing take a camp in EB nearest our wp, set up a ram, go to resup and theres already a zerg there waiting on the camp timer and then wipe out the tower attack. It’s crappy for us but it cant be much fun for the dominating server who are just feeding off scraps after the initial reset day frenzy.

Wow…and I thought we had it bad.

Here’s an idea:

Limit each map to plus or minus 20 players on each side. There, problem solved. High pop servers have to queue and it’s a fair match up regardless.

in WvW

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

Limit 20 players on each side? Sorry this isn’t Counterstrike.

To those who are whining about not being able to finish the 15 achievements — you’re not trying hard enough. I finished on the lowest ranked server – Eredon Terrace — in 9 days. I know people who finished in six. It’s not that hard. If you’re quitting and leaving the game — what a waste, but it’s up to you. It’s your money down the drain, not mine.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

And I thought the match up for my server was bad… This is just terrible.

You can’t really do anything against servers cooperating or guilds moving to bigger servers but some kind of balance for WvW would be nice. So far the biggest blob wins.

in WvW

NonToxic.9185

To those who are whining about not being able to finish the 15 achievements — you’re not trying hard enough. I finished on the lowest ranked server – Eredon Terrace — in 9 days. I know people who finished in six. It’s not that hard. If you’re quitting and leaving the game — what a waste, but it’s up to you. It’s your money down the drain, not mine.

It blows my mind that you are experiencing ET as it is right now, but came into this thread to say something other than ‘this sucks and needs to change’. Been playing ~4 hours a day since the start of the month, I have 7 of the achievements done. You must be lucky enough to play in our ‘peak’ hours.

in WvW

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Actually, he probably would still have a problem.

It’s no fun being the roflstomper OR the roflstomped. It’s very boring steamrolling everything in your path, and it’s extremely frustrating being steamrolled every time you leave spawn. My server’s been in both positions within recent memory.

It’s fun when the servers in a match are roughly equal, but ANet doesn’t seem to have any intention of giving up on their precious randomized match-ups.

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

It blows my mind that you are experiencing ET as it is right now, but came into this thread to say something other than ‘this sucks and needs to change’. Been playing ~4 hours a day since the start of the month, I have 7 of the achievements done. You must be lucky enough to play in our ‘peak’ hours.

Are you on ET too? I’m also on ET and I had my achievements done weeks ago. I only had to actively go after the repair achievement since nobody wants to repair since it is boring. I think it would be more difficult to get the achievements on higher tiers because more people are chasing the same yak or sentry. Especially if the other servers have given up. Look at the gold league. JQ & BG must be super bored.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in WvW

Posted by: irishhaf.1692

irishhaf.1692

At the start of the season everything was GREAT… then came our first matchup with the 2 highest population servers in bronze league… after 3 consecutive weeks where the higher population servers avoid each other like the plague to feast on the lower population server to try and get a better piece of swag out of the chest. Well Devonas rest is a ghost town in WvW…me personally I’m burnt out I don’t even have an urge to log in and do daily’s.

Deritt ranger lv 80 (Un-retired… liking longbow)
Devona Borders (DB)
Devonas rest.