WvW Tourney and Customer Support

in WvW

Posted by: Michael Henninger.7451

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

We’ve gotten tickets and right now they’ll do no good because we don’t have the answers we need to do anything for you. There is no need to submit and if that changes I will most certainly let you know. =)

GM Delicious Intent
Twitter: @ANetCSLead
GM Delicious Intent.5928

in WvW

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

As an afterthought – if it makes you feel comfortable having a ticket in you are most welcome to do so!

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

in WvW

Posted by: arjov.8649

arjov.8649

solution is simple. you make the tickets you sent unspendable, and send right amount of new set of tickets to all players . only chance to do this is before people start spending tickets. please think fast about the solution

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Thanks Michael. I think people will be far more comfortable submitting a ticket and knowing they have “logged and documented” they were impacted in a timely manner.

Always better than being told not to do so!

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I like how he’s smiling about us not getting something we were due, after 9 weeks of hard work. Thanks Anet!

in WvW

Posted by: Falren.6953

Falren.6953

I need popcorn. This is getting good.

In all honesty, if this problem is not solved by tomorrow, I would bet that there will be a major collapse in the player base. Meaning a good chunk of people are either gonna go berserk or quit the game entirely and ruin gw2’s reputation.

I personally understand how hard it is to code and such, so I know it takes time. But at the same time people are right, this is something the testers should have caught, and should have been anticipated. I truly think there is now a 24 hour time limit on this, with a lot on the line.

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Are the support tickets addressed by the NCSOFT general support team since ANet is busy handling China release customer supports or are you guys actually addressing the tickets by yourselves? Or a better question: Will submitting a ticket be another total waste of time and after 4 weeks of waiting some random support person pointing us back to the forums?

“XX (Guild Wars 2 Support)
May 21 03:23

Hello DEAR CUSTOMER,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your ideas about Guild Wars 2. We have found that the best way for the development team to gather and review player feedback and suggestions is through our official forums. We ask players to post their ideas in our Official Forums: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum

Please post your suggestion in the forum most relevant to the subject at hand. For instance, if you are writing about PvP, post in one of the three PvP sub-Forums. If you are making a suggestion about the Trading Post or Gem Store, post in the Black Lion Trading Company sub-forum. And if you are writing about the Living World, feel free to post in one of those sub-forums.

Members of the Development Team read the Suggestions Forum daily, and while they usually cannot respond to individual suggestions, the fact that team members can review those suggestions in a public forum helps them gauge the level of interest in a particular idea, and also allows other players to discuss and offer feedback of their own.

The team looks forward to reviewing your input.

Regards,

XX
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/"

I lost counts on how many times my tickets get this reply.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

We’ve gotten tickets and right now they’ll do no good because we don’t have the answers we need to do anything for you. There is no need to submit and if that changes I will most certainly let you know. =)

How will you know who has and who has not got their chest?

My rewards section says that I’ve unlocked this but I never got anything… I fail to see how you can tell which are false positives and which are not without spending a serious amount of time going through every account’s inventory history.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

solution is simple. you make the tickets you sent unspendable, and send right amount of new set of tickets to all players . only chance to do this is before people start spending tickets. please think fast about the solution

This is the best idea i have seen till now, please implement this.
Also DO NOT allow the NPC to give out the mistforged weapons until everyone have gotten their tickets.

in WvW

Posted by: LingLing.4068

LingLing.4068

This is the best idea i have seen till now, please implement this.
Also DO NOT allow the NPC to give out the mistforged weapons until everyone have gotten their tickets.

Amen.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I have multiple accts on JQ. All of them I have finished the meta on. The Elder accts incorrectly states 2nd place for S2. I finished the meta within the first month and have no rewards yet for either.

What’s interesting to me is the baby acct that’s only 50 days old received the reward chest right away when logging in on Friday after reset. I also only finished the Meta on Friday morning too. Maybe age has something to do with the bug?

I also just realized I never received a finisher on either accts for S1 :/ #whatever
;)

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

How about NOT even releasing the Mistforge NPC _until this is sorted out??? Just don’t even update our clients until this is all settled.

“_” was for kitten filter bypassing

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

How about NOT even releasing the Mistforge NPC _until this is sorted out??? Just don’t even update our clients until this is all settled.

It took me a second to figure out how that got an auto-kitten, and then I laughed.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

Aye agree, good idea. Give everyone 500 new tickets, and not less becouse the 1th placers wont be happy.

“Death is just another path”

in WvW

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

If they can’t give us any info it just makes me feel like they have no idea how to fix the bug yet. >.< Which just seems sad that the bug is that powerful to overcome.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in WvW

arjov.8649

Aye agree, good idea. Give everyone 500 new tickets, and not less becouse the 1th placers wont be happy.

learn to read what people write. please

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

What they’re trying do is figure out a way to give people who have the bug a chest without giving people without another chest, because then they’re stuck with the same problem they have now. Some people will have double tickets, and some won’t, and those of us with the bug will complain, because it’s not fair. They also don’t want to flood support with people claiming they don’t have the chest, because they’ll have to check all of them to make sure they actually haven’t. (tho it should be easy to do an if:then search through their database). This is the problem they want to solve. That I have to explain it, rather than a dev is kind of shameful.

in WvW

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

I have dyslexia, hard to learn then, missed out the right. Sorry it bothers you that much.

“Death is just another path”

in WvW

arjov.8649

I have dyslexia, hard to learn then, missed out the right. Sorry it bothers you that much.

I was trying to suggest a way to fix it without giving people more tokens than they deserve (ie: sending rewards again, there are chances to make new mistakes).
Making the tokens unusable is the best and fastest fix atm i think (not introducing the vendor tomorrow would work too ofc).

in WvW

Posted by: Wichidi.9281

Wichidi.9281

make everybody be able to buy their weapon skins at the same time… if u release npc tomorrow make sure everybody got the tickets. If this isnt possible just dont release the npc…

in WvW

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

in WvW

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I got the title, i got the meta… i got no rewards… just making sure i’m not forgotten, should i ask for a Ticket for customer or just wait?

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en espaƱol / Spanish raiding guides

in WvW

Posted by: dragonewtking.9867

dragonewtking.9867

Add me to the list of players that didn’t receive their chest – Henge of Denravi since beta, silver 1st place – no reward.

Seriously, Anet -this is ridiculous. I started this game with 4 other family members/friends, added a few more as time went on (9 of us total), but as of right now I have only 1 left who plays semi-regularly . Most of the others have either quit or drastically reduced their game time, and this is the reason why right here. When I try to “rally the troops”, I’m met with comments like “I’m over it” and “what’s the point?” – and these are Guild wars 1 veterans, who were excited by the prospect of Guild wars 2.
Now I can’t get them near the game, short of divine intervention – and I’m not sure if even that will work.

As I said, ridiculous. What’s the point, indeed.

Fix this.

in WvW

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

While the World vs. World team investigates an issue with tournament reward chest distribution, we are temporarily delaying access to the rewards that would have otherwise been available on the Battle Historian on June 3rd. We hope this will help prevent further compounding the issue, and avoiding unnecessary confusion while we work to resolve the problem. Thank you for your patience.

Good call.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in WvW

arjov.8649

Thanks for the wise decision, nice job.
Hope you can figure how to solve this issue soon.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I’m from JQ, finished meta in the first 2 weeks, got no reward and an achievement in the general WvW achievements tab for 5th place…

in WvW

Posted by: Paoskie.3729

Paoskie.3729

I still don’t have my chest or any prompt to get it. Please give us a concrete answer. It’s already June 4 and you guys did a patch earlier. The fix for this should have been included there don’t you think? Anyway, I hope you guys are working on this. It’s really frustrating.

in WvW

Posted by: King Usagi.4360

King Usagi.4360

Neither myself or my partner have our WvW reward chest yet, but people in our guild have received theirs, how can this be so?

in WvW

Posted by: WinterWolf.7231

WinterWolf.7231

So I’ve looked around and can’t seem to find any other info on fixing the wrong achievements rewarded to players. As in, if it says I got 2nd but really came in 1st.
Are they fixing the achievements as well, or am i stuck with the 2nd place one?

in WvW

Posted by: ChadRiley.6290

ChadRiley.6290

I didn’t even get achievement. I mean I got the 10 I needed for the reward and my Server placed 2nd I’d heard…possible I’m wrong there…

in WvW

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Eternity, considered the pinnacle of Legendary weapons in the game due its requirement of combining two other Legendaries, was broken on day 1. It was fixed two years later.

Drown in your shame.

in WvW

Posted by: anghellic.4730

anghellic.4730

No chest for me either. Desolation. completed all the achievements.

in WvW

Posted by: Destroben.1804

Destroben.1804

I want my chest now… or I will start crying.