WvW and PvP Ascended Armor Upgrades

in WvW

Posted by: Glael.7643

Glael.7643

Great… not thought this would ever come. Now a few months ago I bought a full set of asc armor for a heavy class. But maining a medium armor class. And since i didn’t see it coming that i will ever able to get legy armor .. yeah… this kinda sucks.. WIll I be able to exchange my asc heavy armor to medium via support ticket or do I have to grind for another asc pvp armor? Which could take very long even if you play PvP a lot :/
Then I would also still need to grind the other stuff (like the PvP Gifts) to get it done :/ That’s a bit… yeah… ._.

main necro,thief
nerf thief, nerf it all

(edited by Glael.7643)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

If they dont take 3month and about 3k gold i want compensation

It takes over 6 months to get the ascended armor………

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Grant, this is amazing news, but I have one issue that I would really really like resolved, the Mistforged Triumphant Hero’s Ascended Armor is stuck with a blue glow/particle effects to it, this makes it extremely difficult to match to legendary weapons for example, it leaves very little room for customization, if somhow you could enable that blue to be dyed different colors I would be more than happy, keep up the good work.

in WvW

Posted by: Boris Losdindawoods.3098

Boris Losdindawoods.3098

devalue my raid achievement…

LMAO – Legendary Armorer isn’t a freaking “raid achievement”. It’s an Explorer achievement. That fact would have be obvious to everyone if you hadn’t carefully cropped your image to avoid showing the left side of the achievement panel. Raids just happened to be the first way to acquire legendary armor. You’re not special in any way and doing raids won’t change that.

Big water, blast, blast, blast.

in WvW

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

Thank you for this great marketing idea.

PoF is released soon but there is no PvP and no WvW content. So players from PvP and WvW can now use their gear by changing their stats and use new PvE maps from PoF. This is pure marketing.

This is an interesting way of making WvW players and PvP player buy Path of Fire expansion for it’s PvE, without actually delivering any specific content designed for their WvW and PvP.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

in WvW

Posted by: Hornet.6357

Hornet.6357

Wow, I wonder which partner person gave you this idea!

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

This is a win. Sure, we may be looking at some time to grind out whatever it takes to make the gifts, but that’s how gaining legendary equipment should be.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Karnasis.6892

Karnasis.6892

that pvp armor that took me 50 games to get in season 4 is going to be legendary now?

lmao

Don’t get too excited. We haven’t seen how we make the gifts yet . . .

EDIT: Or what they cost, rather. I see they say we purchase them from vendors. I’m just saying, I’d expect a fair grind . . .

My suspicion is that this will be tied to PvP tickets/WvW tickets….. and I suspect a fair amount given that these are legendary armors.

in WvW

Posted by: SilentSpiriT.4123

SilentSpiriT.4123

Do we need any WvW ranks to upgrade or get new gifts ?

Barbarvssa
Admiral of The Seven Seas
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: OniGiri.9461

OniGiri.9461

LMAO – Legendary Armorer isn’t a freaking “raid achievement”. It’s an Explorer achievement. That fact would have be obvious to everyone if you hadn’t carefully cropped your image to avoid showing the left side of the achievement panel. Raids just happened to be the first way to acquire legendary armor. You’re not special in any way and doing raids won’t change that.

https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/game/raids/

“As part of rewards for raids, we’re introducing legendary armor.”

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/game/raids/

“As part of rewards for raids, we’re introducing legendary armor.”

Does it say they’re going to perpetually be raid exclusive?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Statement and then a question for the devs.

Many of us never in our wildest dreams would think about a possible change like this. I am glad about this.

However, I know for sure that I have reforged an entire set of ardent in the mystic forge(minus the gloves)… Many others have most likely done this as well or with various pieces. So my question is, is there anything that can be done about this or is the progress essentially lost?

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

If you have reforged either the PvP or WvW ascended armor you will need to earn a new piece of PvP or WvW ascended armor.

Reforged ascended armor will not work.

in WvW

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

So I have question for Anet. I just made a ascended armor for my Reaper, 4 of the 6 pieces of armor are of the “Triumphant Hero’s Ascended Armor set” and the other 2 are from the “Illustrious armor set” that I got from the Asnded armor box that I got from playing WvW. Now this means I can only upgrade 4 of the 6 pieces which obviously sucks.

So here’s my question; “Can I get the exotic version of the skin, apply it to my 2 ascended pieces of armor and then upgrade it to Legendary?” Cuz if so this would be great cuz aside from this ascended armor I have 3 other armors I would like to be able to upgrade seeing as how I made them specifically for WvW but made them through crafting.

in WvW

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

If you have reforged either the PvP or WvW ascended armor you will need to earn a new piece of PvP or WvW ascended armor.

Does it matter if any skins were transmuted onto the ascended gear? And will any runes/sigils/infusions/skins be lost on upgrading it to legendary?

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

Does it matter if any skins were transmuted onto the ascended gear?

Skins shouldn’t matter so long as the base item hasn’t been changed. Base item is what it says under “transmuted”.

Yes you will lose your infusions and other upgrade components when you put it into the forge. Same as with any other mystic forge upgrade.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Does it matter if any skins were transmuted onto the ascended gear? And will any runes/sigils/infusions/skins be lost on upgrading it to legendary?

No it does not matter, you can use it.

in WvW

Posted by: animalmother.5940

animalmother.5940

Hey Grant and McKenna, that’s great news.

Just one quick question: If you bought the Exotic version of the WvW Triumphant Hero’s Armor and transmuted another piece of regular Ascended armor with the skins, are you able to convert it to legendary armor?

Because the cost of tickets to get the Exotic version is the same of the Ascended and a lot of people (myself included) already bought the Exotic version just to unlock the skins and transmuted other Ascended pieces to it.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

omg

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

pretty sure this is the only appropriate response after the statement of “no plans to make another legendary set after raid armor” o.O

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: SWI.4127

SWI.4127

people make for prestige, very few do it for utility. If it’s not prestigious, there’s no point. Give it new (or raid ones) legendary only skins

Speak for yourself, I’d do it for utility no question

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Just one quick question: If you bought the Exotic version of the WvW Triumphant Hero’s Armor and transmuted another piece of regular Ascended armor with the skins, are you able to convert it to legendary armor?

Because the cost of tickets to get the Exotic version is the same of the Ascended and a lot of people (myself included) already bought the Exotic version just to unlock the skins and transmuted other Ascended pieces to it.

I ver much doubt it, because the base armor is not the triumphant heros armor

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

When will we be getting a PvE version for this?

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in WvW

Posted by: Kirtai.9023

Kirtai.9023

I really hope there will be a way to upgrade or trade the exotic T2 armour for the ascended version. I’m in this situation too.

Shiori Flutura – Human Mesmer
Mairi Lestari – Human Elementalist
Desolation EU

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

You should be able to convert neither item into the legendary

The exotic armor is cheaper than the ascended armor and presumably it’s intended that you need to spend the GM tokens to be able to get the legendary armor.

The ascended, reskinned armor will still use the Illustrious armor base and that will not be convertible to legendary.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

When will we be getting a PvE version for this?

wat

in WvW

Posted by: StrYdeR.2459

StrYdeR.2459

I truly hope that there is a time gated barrier to this, as the people that have been raiding (and time gated by only having the ability to earn “x” amount of LI per week as well as the Provisioners Tokens) have been stuck behind that wall. All well and good for the other gametypes to get Legendary armor – just hope it is balanced in the way it has to be EARNED.
PvP and WvW players should have to play the whole game in the same way that the PvE’rs do in having to play PvP and WvW for portions of the requirement…enough with the reward track cheesing your way through everything

in WvW

Posted by: Tiawal.2351

Tiawal.2351

When the August 8th update is released, WvW and PvP players who own Heart of Thorns will be able to upgrade their WvW and PvP ascended armor to have legendary attributes!

Great news, thank you!

A wandering ronin, employed by [ENMA]

in WvW

Posted by: gishalicious.3510

gishalicious.3510

I was SOOOOO mad when you guys added the grandmaster marks system to making the ascended pvp sets. I had worked so hard and played so many games of pvp to get my ascended shards, I thought that what you guys did was great adding a way for pvpers (I play all, but just saying) to get legit ascended gear. Then the update hit, and i thought you guys had RUINED it, and thought i would never spend the now thousands of ascended shards of glory i have. I don’t usually find out about updates and such until they happen, which I’ve really tried to work on because of all the times I’ve been totally blindsided by an update that sucks. Because up until that update, I was one of the ones that decided to “save up” til I could get a full set, not knowing that you guys were adding the “marks” system, only to then find out I had to also craft something, taking away my ability/desire to use the shards. But i have to say, this MORE then makes up for the marks system. Obviously depending on how we will have to make the armor, i say this is a great job by you guys. Cuz even though i worked my butt off to get the one set of legendary armor i have, i would like to have a set for each of my chars. Of course, w/ the precursor armor being a one shot deal, and having to craft it plus the gifts, the current armor takes at minimum 6 months per set, if you clear 13/13 raid bosses each week. Now i might actually be able to realize the dream of a legendary armor set on each char. Sorry for the lengthy comment, just wanted to say great job.

in WvW

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

people make for prestige, very few do it for utility. If it’s not prestigious, there’s no point. Give it new (or raid ones) legendary only skins

GW1 players changed their build so often that it became Build Wars. There will be alot of people who would make this for the utility to change their build.

It’s a bit sad that it probably will be behind alot of grinding and time consuming, which makes me wonder about the actual enjoyment of going all legendary, but still. I still rather have a system where changing the stats on my gear is alot easier.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in WvW

Posted by: Chaosbouncer.8167

Chaosbouncer.8167

Does it work if I reskinned the armor without putting it into the forge?

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

I truly hope that there is a time gated barrier to this, as the people that have been raiding (and time gated by only having the ability to earn “x” amount of LI per week as well as the Provisioners Tokens) have been stuck behind that wall. All well and good for the other gametypes to get Legendary armor – just hope it is balanced in the way it has to be EARNED.
PvP and WvW players should have to play the whole game in the same way that the PvE’rs do in having to play PvP and WvW for portions of the requirement…enough with the reward track cheesing your way through everything

That was my feeling too. i don’t mind pvpers and wvwers getting it. I think it’s great. But it takes no time to get glorious ardent parts, and something like 2 months to get a triumphant t2 set.
We’re far from the 23ish weeks required for 2nd/3rd raid armor.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

This is a really amazing change but I think the raiders gonna be so mad at it.

In before the complains.

It takes more effort to get this armor than the raid legendary armor so they haven’t got a leg to stand on.

Yes I am a bit upset. Not a hardcore raider but someone took 40 games of pvp to match year and some of hard work.

I’m talking WvW armor only.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Kameko.8314

Kameko.8314

I much agree much with the cheesing through everything they complain , we complain, everyone has complaints and get that. But they can do one reward track boom skin unlocked for sixth episode… I have to do 36 achievements ! Which require coordination with others and world map timings if I want that skin… lot more investment but same item . Makes me sad . Being wvwers out of wvw to earn those items. Just like we have to go out of pve to earn our items (looking at you gift of battle)

As far as their time gate it is 3 reward tracks of gift of battle. And any wvwers knows that stays in there that is nothing. Them enjoying their “game” and no investment elsewhere boom . We have legendaries yaaaaay!

Anet this is a snub remark but… when will pvers get the chance at wvw legendary back piece without stepping into wvw ? Won’t happen . Meanwhile every new skin in episodes and active event (adventure box , Halloween, etc) can be found doing … wvw .. again a big cater . Don’t step into our event… keep doing those wvw reward tracks

(edited by Kameko.8314)

in WvW

Posted by: SpillyLily.4051

SpillyLily.4051

Doh – I just decided earlier this week to do the legendary backpack first, before doing the T3 armor… something I’d been waffling back and forth on. So, in preparation, I blew all the tickets that I had so far and bought some Wings of War…

Any chance I’d be able to sell them back to Legendary Commander War Razor so I can start on the legendary armor? Pretty please? With sugar on top?

(BTW – thank you for this announcement, this is great!)

in WvW

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

You cannot upgrade the exotic into ascended or legendary. You will need to purchase the ascended gear.

in WvW

Posted by: Pillo.3490

Pillo.3490

You cannot upgrade the exotic into ascended or legendary. You will need to purchase the ascended gear.

What if you transmuted the ascended armor, will that work?

in WvW

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

It is an explorer achievement but with a title related to the envoy armor set. Also it was probably added because people requested a way to show that they have 750 LI without posting all 3 armor sets in chat when joining raid groups. Letting the grind based WvW and pvp armors add to it would make it useless as a proof of raid experience.

example: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Titles-for-legendary-armors
but there were also a few requests on reddit

The new armor will not progress the achievement.

in WvW

Kirtai.9023

So those of us who bought the exotics instead of the ascended essentially wasted our tickets?

Desolation EU

in WvW

Serenity.6135

So those of us who bought the exotics instead of the ascended essentially wasted our tickets?

You need the exotics to unlock the ascended versions. You could have unlocked them through the reward tracks as well.

in WvW

Kameko.8314

This is a really amazing change but I think the raiders gonna be so mad at it.

In before the complains.

It takes more effort to get this armor than the raid legendary armor so they haven’t got a leg to stand on.

Yes I am a bit upset. Not a hardcore raider but someone took 40 games of pvp to match year and some of hard work.

I’m talking WvW armor only.

Yeah I re read and completely agree . Wvw SHOULD have their armorbe legendary (the new and latest that looks amazing. I believe pvp should as well . So each game play has a “legendary title” or prestige. THIS ONLY should be changed. Not every piece of ascended in game. This is where I think they flawed. Make highest tier wvw and pvp armor legendary stat swap that is your niche and game play you excel and can show it off.

That I think would make a high majority of all game play and players happy. Each gameplay has legendary armor and their show off purps.

in WvW

Posted by: Naub.1475

Naub.1475

Well played, ArenaNet. Well played.

Attachments:

Mordecay Lataya [Zoi] | Thief | Ring of Fire

in WvW

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

Yes! Transmuted will work.

in WvW

Posted by: Kara Lovelace.8734

Kara Lovelace.8734

Great… not thought this would ever come. Now a few months ago I bought a full set of asc armor for a heavy class. But maining a medium armor class. And since i didn’t see it coming that i will ever able to get legy armor .. yeah… this kinda sucks.. WIll I be able to exchange my asc heavy armor to medium via support ticket or do I have to grind for another asc pvp armor? Which could take very long even if you play PvP a lot :/
Then I would also still need to grind the other stuff (like the PvP Gifts) to get it done :/ That’s a bit… yeah… ._.

I have the same problem.. If I had known I was pvping for legendary armor and not just some random set of ascended armor, I wouldn’t have given the armor to one of my side characters…

in WvW

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

So tier 2 and tier 3 work the same towards legendary?

Shouldn’t the much larger ticket cost and rank 2000 time gate be legendary by default?

I am kind of confused how both tier 2 and tier 3 work the same considering the vast time investment difference between the two in WvW and the Tournament Restricted nature of the PvP version.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in WvW

Kameko.8314

It is an explorer achievement but with a title related to the envoy armor set. Also it was probably added because people requested a way to show that they have 750 LI without posting all 3 armor sets in chat when joining raid groups. Letting the grind based WvW and pvp armors add to it would make it useless as a proof of raid experience.

example: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Titles-for-legendary-armors
but there were also a few requests on reddit

The new armor will not progress the achievement.

I’m thankful it won’t progress achievement but can’t you guys make highest tier wvw and pvp legendary and keep ascended ascended ? Keep stat switch for those who want to be versatile in builds if they want to upgrade that. Legendaries are going to be just too common. Or is this another ploy to increase wvw and pvp considering it takes three gifts to do so?

in WvW

Posted by: Hiwi Kiwi.7386

Hiwi Kiwi.7386

Yea, agreed with serenity.. what is the point of legendary armor if it doesn’t look cool? :/ I don’t need to stat swap.. and I despise raids because of all the elitist kittens there.. Thanks anet..

" ’Cause in the end, all you really have are memories. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

in WvW

Kirtai.9023

You need the exotics to unlock the ascended versions. You could have unlocked them through the reward tracks as well.

Not the T1 exotics, the T2 ones. You can buy T2 in either exotic or ascended form for the same ticket cost.

I already had some ascended wvw armour so I bought the T2 exotics for the skins. Had I known about this I would have bought the ascended instead.

Desolation EU

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

What exact gifts will this require?

in WvW

Serenity.6135

Yea, agreed with serenity.. what is the point of legendary armor if it doesn’t look cool? :/ I don’t need to stat swap.. and I despise raids because of all the elitist kittens there.. Thanks anet..

Personally I care more about the practical benefit of this change, there are a lot better skins out there that can be transmuted. But letting us change stats/runes etc will be incredibly beneficial.

in WvW

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

Yes! Transmuted will work.

What about transmuted reforged armor?