WvW and PvP Ascended Armor Upgrades

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I find it weird that T2 WvW armor is not excluded, this will be a good opportunity to actually justify T3 wvw rank requirement.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

Hey Grant and McKenna, that’s great news.

Just one quick question: If you bought the Exotic version of the WvW Triumphant Hero’s Armor and transmuted another piece of regular Ascended armor with the skins, are you able to convert it to legendary armor?

Because the cost of tickets to get the Exotic version is the same of the Ascended and a lot of people (myself included) already bought the Exotic version just to unlock the skins and transmuted other Ascended pieces to it.

You cannot upgrade the exotic into ascended or legendary. You will need to purchase the ascended gear.

What if you transmuted the ascended armor, will that work?

Yes! Transmuted will work.

What about transmuted reforged armor?

Earlier Post by Mckenna:

If you have reforged either the PvP or WvW ascended armor you will need to earn a new piece of PvP or WvW ascended armor.

Reforged ascended armor will not work.

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

Hey Grant and McKenna, that’s great news.

Just one quick question: If you bought the Exotic version of the WvW Triumphant Hero’s Armor and transmuted another piece of regular Ascended armor with the skins, are you able to convert it to legendary armor?

Because the cost of tickets to get the Exotic version is the same of the Ascended and a lot of people (myself included) already bought the Exotic version just to unlock the skins and transmuted other Ascended pieces to it.

You cannot upgrade the exotic into ascended or legendary. You will need to purchase the ascended gear.

What if you transmuted the ascended armor, will that work?

Yes! Transmuted will work.

What about transmuted reforged armor?

Reforged armor does not work.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I find it weird that T2 WvW armor is not excluded, this will be a good opportunity to actually justify T3 wvw rank requirement.

I’m expecting the ticket cost for the WvW stuff to be pretty substantial so your ranks will make life easier if you’re targeting this gear.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Serenity.6135

Will we be able to keep runes/sigils/infusions when upgrading?

in WvW

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Please don’t make it too grindy.

in WvW

Posted by: Sanity Obscure.6054

Sanity Obscure.6054

If you have reforged either the PvP or WvW ascended armor you will need to earn a new piece of PvP or WvW ascended armor.

That’s a pretty huge flaw to have an already wildly stat selectable piece of precursor armor become worthless in regards to this legendary upgrade. Ironic too when it’s all about stat changes, and it makes me think this wasn’t thought through very well. There are a massive amount of players that have now essentially thrown entire sets of precursors away.

I hope you guys can change your stance and recompensate players for this. Really sad.

(edited by Sanity Obscure.6054)

in WvW

Serenity.6135

That’s a pretty huge flaw to have an already wildly stat selectable piece of precusor armor become worthless in regards to this legendary upgrade. Ironic too when it’s all about stat changes, and it makes me think this wasn’t thought through very well. There are a massive amount of players that have now essentially thrown entire sets of precursors away.

I hope you guys can change your stance and recompensate players for this. Really sad.

What do you mean throw away? You can still use it, just like any crafted armor.

in WvW

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

So, you’re literally undervaluing PvE Legendary Armor with this update? You can get a easier to get stat swapping version through these game types. Thats simply a smack in the face to people who got PvE Legendary armor. Wow.

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

You can get a easier to get stat swapping version through these game types.

The armor’s going to be gated behind thousands of tickets and tens of thousands of badges, proofs and memories. You wait and see.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Serenity.6135

So, you’re literally undervaluing PvE Legendary Armor with this update? You can get a easier to get stat swapping version through these game types. Thats simply a smack in the face to people who got PvE Legendary armor. Wow.

No its not. WvW ascended gear is time gated and to get a full set takes a minimum of 2 months. This feature also does not add any new Legendary skin/effect. Also the wvw gear requires 3 grandmasters marks each.

On the otherhand I saw people with legendary armor as soon as it came out.

I think its fair.

in WvW

Posted by: hi im akame.2703

hi im akame.2703

Nice, the pvp armor that took me NO EFFORT at all is going to be legendary now? Thanks anet! i don’t even know why i try in this game when you keep rewarding casual gameplay.
Ima just hook up in the bandwagon and start getting free legendary stuffs like PvP players will do, i have nothing against WvW armor being legendary since it at least requires some grind… but PvP is a joke.
Keep it up <3

(edited by hi im akame.2703)

in WvW

Sanity Obscure.6054

What do you mean throw away? You can still use it, just like any crafted armor.

It’s throwing it away because it’s no longer a precursor.

in WvW

Posted by: Chakchakheaven.8761

Chakchakheaven.8761

Look at it this way. Getting raids asc armor is easy, getting legendary not so. So we dont know yet how hard it will be to get WvW / PvP legendary. i am sure the gifts required wont be easy.

in WvW

Posted by: Chakchakheaven.8761

Chakchakheaven.8761

Nice, the pvp armor that took me NO EFFORT at all is going to be legendary now? Thanks anet! i don’t even know why i try in this game when you keep rewarding casual gameplay.
Ima just hook up in the bandwagon and start getting free legendary stuffs like PvP players will do, i have nothing against WvW armor being legendary since it at least requires some grind… but PvP is a joke.
Keep it up <3

Isnt getting raids ascended also easy? But the legendary isnt. We still dont know about the gifts and how timegated the legendary armor of WvW / PvP will be.

in WvW

Brimstar.9036

No its not. WvW ascended gear is time gated and to get a full set takes a minimum of 2 months. This feature also does not add any new Legendary skin/effect. Also the wvw gear requires 3 grandmasters marks each.

On the otherhand I saw people with legendary armor as soon as it came out.

I think its fair.

2 things, it takes a lot more effort for coordinated raids when it was released, consisting of TONS of hours of people trying to coordinate and not a simple system that rewards you on NO matter the game play/guarantee AKA pip system" compared to the level of coordination and time put into raids through members having to kill bosses every week. Thats vastly harder than having to afk pip-farm for your tickets VASTLY. Its a huge slap to those people who worked really hard for their Legendary Armor and with WvW/PvP its almost GUARANTEED no matter your skill level. That invalidates the worth of Original PvE Legendary armor by a giant margin IMHO.

2.) People got legendary armor on day 1 because they had all that was required for HALF A year of doing raids. So, whatever you stated doesnt make sense because they had so much time to put in the effort/prepare for gifts/things needed.

This is ridiculous if this is true how easy its going to be for someone to afk farm for their equivalent “legendary stat swapping armor”

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Its not easier, at least not now.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Brimstar.9036

Are you kidding me? Its WAY easier now. They even increased the time until participation decays now because people whined about it. Now I can literally hit dolyaks and go afk away for another 5 minutes until the next yak comes my way. It invalidates the amount of skill/time required to do these boss fights in raids compared to having to hit a dolyak/afk for 5 minutes rinse and repeat.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I’m expecting the ticket cost for the WvW stuff to be pretty substantial so your ranks will make life easier if you’re targeting this gear.

Nah, the thing is if u go via the T3 route, it will be obviously take a longer time compare to T2 unless they make a discount of some sort.

Also, if you tied it to the last tier, then the pver will not have any good reasons to complain.

It killed 2 birds and resolve a weird T2 vs T3 time difference issue.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Are you kidding me? Its WAY easier now. They even increased the time until participation decays now because people whined about it. Now I can literally hit dolyaks and go afk away for another 5 minutes until the next yak comes my way. It invalidates the amount of skill/time required to do these boss fights in raids compared to having to hit a dolyak/afk for 5 minutes rinse and repeat.

Raiding takes no more skill than WvW or PvP. But I was more talking about the overall effort and time required to actually get the ascended armor pieces. It was easier in PvP at first so they changed that.

And we don’t know whats required to get the 3 gifts yet anyway.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: rotate.8769

rotate.8769

I have a question! If I have the pvp ascended armor. I no longer pvp I just WvW, can I get the gifts I need to change the pvp ascended armor to legendary through WvW or do I have to go back and play pvp ?

in WvW

Posted by: Keyba.9570

Keyba.9570

My only question is can people in pvo work on getting the armor when season ends because acended shards are going away for a month from what I seem to remember.

Revenant is life

in WvW

Brimstar.9036

[/quote]

Raiding takes no more skill than WvW or PvP. But I was more talking about the overall effort and time required to actually get the ascended armor pieces. It was easier in PvP at first so they changed that.

And we don’t know whats required to get the 3 gifts yet anyway.[/quote]

So you’re saying a system that you can afk and earn your rewards needed takes no more skill than raiding? Dude, have you even raided? It takes way more skill and time invested with party members compared to something that is GUARANTEED compared to a boss kill that isn’t guaranteed.

in WvW

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

….will not have a unique skin… but instead will consist of an upgrade to WvW and PvP ascended… without changing the skin.

To upgrade… combine 3 new PvP or WvW gifts with 1 piece of ascended gear in the Mystic Forge.

Weapons too? because there are not new skin, why not?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

And we don’t know whats required to get the 3 gifts yet anyway.[/quote]

So you’re saying a system that you can afk and earn your rewards needed takes no more skill than raiding? Dude, have you even raided? It takes way more skill and time invested with party members compared to something that is GUARANTEED compared to a boss kill that isn’t guaranteed.

[/quote]
You can afk rewards in raids too.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Brimstar.9036

And we don’t know whats required to get the 3 gifts yet anyway.

[/quote]
You can afk rewards in raids too. It doesn’t take 10 players to kill bosses.

[/quote]
Dude, yeah if you spend 200g+ per boss kill from a raid seller. So whatever you’re suggesting does not apply to those who earned it the real way.

in WvW

Sanity Obscure.6054

There’s also people who literally walk people through the raid achievements for gold. Close to zero effort spent on actually learning the mechanics and game mode to earn Legendary Armor.

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

Nah, the thing is if u go via the T3 route, it will be obviously take a longer time compare to T2 unless they make a discount of some sort.

If you’re going for T3 armor, you already have T2 armor. You can start working on your legendary Gifts immediately anyway- or you can wait for your fancy skin.

Also, if you tied it to the last tier, then the pver will not have any good reasons to complain.

As though that’ll stop them :p

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Evors.6503

Evors.6503

Oh well, this is great news for most but i’ll go and cry in the corner for reforging my PvP armor.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Raid guilds are selling raid access, no effort required.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Brimstar.9036

Yeah, be freaking realistic here. Who has the gold to buy all that? No one I know has enough to buy 150 LI boss kills which you’re already hard-capped every week anyway. Stop suggesting people spend thousands of gold to be able to spend thousand + gold to craft PvE Legendary armor. Maybe less than .3% of the community has that kind of money or gold to pay for that when the average xera buy it 250g+

in WvW

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Please make it so the other ingredients required to buy are not on the same currency as everything else since 175 tickets cap per week makes this INCREDIBLY long. Or let us have tickets in our repeatable diamond chest every week.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in WvW

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Hmm, looks like I might have to get back into pvp now.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

I have a question! If I have the pvp ascended armor. I no longer pvp I just WvW, can I get the gifts I need to change the pvp ascended armor to legendary through WvW or do I have to go back and play pvp ?

PvP armor uses PvP gifts. WvW armor uses WvW gifts. So you would need to play PvP to upgrade the PvP armor.

in WvW

Brimstar.9036

There’s also people who literally walk people through the raid achievements for gold. Close to zero effort spent on actually learning the mechanics and game mode to earn Legendary Armor.

Are you serious? Dude, even if that were the case you still need 150 LI boss kills, in order to pay for all that you’d need over thousands of gold in order to spend thousands of gold to craft your legendary armor. You make 0 sense and less than 1% of the community is willing to do that or can do that.

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

Are you serious? Dude, even if that were the case you still need 150 LI boss kills, in order to pay for all that you’d need over thousands of gold in order to spend thousands of gold to craft your legendary armor. You make 0 sense and less than 1% of the community is willing to do that or can do that.

How much of the community do you think will be willing to work for WvW armor?

I’m genuinely curious how much you expect the WvW gifts to cost.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Sanity Obscure.6054

I don’t care if you think it makes sense. I think it’s crazy just as you do but it does happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Robles.7458

Robles.7458

After 1 year working for legendary armor, we have got it for just 2 months and now are you going to nerf its prestige? Why shoud we do the hard content for the next expansion if you are going to give us an easy way to get the best items?

Raid armor will have exclusive skins, but for many people the possibity to change stats/runes was even more important than skins. Now we have lost this exclusivity.

I could at least understand making legendary the wvw armor that requires rank 2k, but making legendary a wvw t2 armor which you can get in a few weeks? Although the same could be said about pvp, you don´t have to win, just play enough games and you will get all you need.

I have only one last question, how many games do you have to lose in spvp to get a full legendary armor? And now tell me if legendary armor has not lost a great part of its prestige.

(edited by Robles.7458)

in WvW

Brimstar.9036

I don’t care if you think it makes sense. I think it’s crazy just as you do but it does happen.

What you’re suggesting isn’t logical for 99% of this games community.

in WvW

Brimstar.9036

After 1 year working for legendary armor, we have got it for just 2 months and now are you going to nerf its prestige? Why shoud we do the hard content for the next exp if you are going to give us an easy way to get the best items?

Raid armor will have exclusive skins, but for many people the possibity to change stats/runes was even more important than skins. Now we have lost this exclusivity.

I could at least understand making legendary the wvw armor that requires rank 2k, but making legendary a wvw t2 armor which you can get in a few weeks? Although the same could be said about pvp, you don´t have to win, just play enough games and you will get all you need.

I have only one last question, how many games do you have to lose in spvp to get a full legendary armor? And now tell me if legendary armor has not lost a great part of its prestige.

Its a huge slap in the face man. I’ve never been this upset in this game the 5 years I’ve played it. This is ridiculous.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

After 1 year working for legendary armor, we have got it for just 2 months and now are you going to nerf its prestige? Why shoud we do the hard content for the next expansion if you are going to give us an easy way to get the best items?

Why should only raiders be entitled to legendary armor?

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Sanity Obscure.6054

What you’re suggesting isn’t logical for 99% of this games community.

I agree with you. That hasn’t stopped the fringe of the community from doing it however.

in WvW

Brimstar.9036

I think WvW players SHOULD have WvW armor but that isn’t the point. Its WHAT is needed to do in order to get it is vastly different in difficulty that it completely invalidates PvE acquistion.

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

I think WvW players SHOULD have WvW armor but that isn’t the point. Its WHAT is needed to do in order to get it is vastly different in difficulty that it completely invalidates PvE acquistion.

But you don’t even know what you’ll need to do to get the WvW legendary upgrade. :?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Robles.7458

Robles.7458

Dificult content should have better rewards, and raids are harder than losing in pvp or following a zerg in wvw.

I don´t say give legendary armor only to raiders, but after 1 year working on it, finally we get it and after only 2 months whatever person can get it?

I could understand giving legendary armor to people with rank 2k in mvm ( at least they have been playing for years) but this easy way ( yes, you will need some months, but it will be easy) it´s not fair.

If you want legendary armor for wvw and pvp then, in wvwv you should need rank 2k at least and for pvp, you should need to win ( yes, win, because you can lose always and still get the precursor and probably the legendary too).

(edited by Robles.7458)

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I’m not sure why anyone who does majority of PvE complains about this. Do any of you realize how long this will take just to get the armor itself? This is not even counting how long it will take to get the upgrades.

It’s even worse for new WvW’ers coming to the scene, because if you’re facing a stronger server or simply a much larger group during your actual time; you’ll constantly be beat down to the minimum number of pips. You likely won’t even get a chance to earn participation if they corner you on your third of the map. Forget about leveling up as your options are literally “run in and die”. The crappy thing is, it won’t matter how much coordination you claim to have (comparing to coordinating to kill raid bosses), if that enemy group is bigger, you’re doomed, simple as that.

This is not easier by any stretch, not unless they open up EoTM to PiP’s. If you take a new person to this game and have them enter both game modes to acquire both sets of legendary armor, it will take them exponentially longer to achieve that armor in WvW, as there are too many factors at play.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Dificult content should have better rewards, and raids are harder than losing in pvp or following a zerg in wvw.

This is a fallacy, as has been mentioned you can buy raid boss kills just for example.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Brimstar.9036

This is a fallacy, as has been mentioned you can buy raid boss kills just for example.

You aren’t being realistic for 99% of the community, stop mentioning this.

in WvW

Posted by: Badby Myself.4759

Badby Myself.4759

Sounds really good, but i have a question. When we upgrade our wvw/pvp ascended gear, will they be ’ legendary ’ gear and have purple name like other legendaries in the game, or will they stay as ascended but have stat change ability ?

They will be legendary gear and have a purple name like other legendaries.

I hope that it will cost and take as much as it took those who had to work for their legendary armor …gifts…. provisioner tokens … 1500 of each map currency…. the raid legendary armor was not easy to get… and if all you need is skirmish tickets for a legendary set…this will kill your special raid wings because ppl can just wvw or pvp….

Leader of Legendary Drunken Masters [DUI]
Stormbluff Isle
Badby Myself Commander

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Sounds really good, but i have a question. When we upgrade our wvw/pvp ascended gear, will they be ’ legendary ’ gear and have purple name like other legendaries in the game, or will they stay as ascended but have stat change ability ?

They will be legendary gear and have a purple name like other legendaries.

I hope that it will cost and take as much as it took those who had to work for their legendary armor …gifts…. provisioner tokens … 1500 of each map currency…. the raid legendary armor was not easy to get… and if all you need is skirmish tickets for a legendary set…this will kill your special raid wings because ppl can just wvw or pvp….

WvW armor now takes longer to get than raid armor.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

(edited by morrolan.9608)