WvW and the Heart of Thorns Release

in WvW

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

It seems clear at this point that moving reset to Saturday is non-negotiable for the time being. While this may upset many people, I think this is one of those times where we need to cut Anet some slack. They are pushing out their first expansion and want as many developers to be available as possible during the weeks post-launch to fix the inevitable series of bugs and exploits that come with any new content.

Is it a major inconvenience to some, yes. Is this the end of WvW, absolutely not. The sky is not falling people; the game will still run all seven days, whether you give up on some of them as “karma train days” or not. And as was stated, it may only be temporary.

Also, to those stating that this is a terrible change because of even more bloated queues, you do realize you are making a case FOR Anet to do this right? The idea of readjusting the server population caps was to spread people out and long queues would do just that.

Thanks for these insights. I believe you’re looking at things logically, and I appreciate that.

It saddens me that you seem to have only “eye” for those who have a more positive opinion on this change and the way ANET has handled it. Even though, many have valid concerns with valid arguments. And your customers have a very good reason to be upset. The way you and everyone so far at ANET has handled this issue is quite poor in my opinion. I appreciate the communication, most if not all other gaming companies would be silent, but it still shows that some of your developers lack the experience or knowledge on how to communicate something. If your people at ANET would communicate this better and knew what the impact of this change would be, it might not have been such a long rage thread.

Anyways, a good post I agree with:

Gaile and John,

What the anet dev team needs to learn from this episode is that the WvW community makes real life chnages to their play schedule in order to accustom themselves to be able to play reset. From what you would have seen in the posts here, many people are really unhappy because the change in reset effectively means one day less of useful gametime on a weekend. For wvw community to have one less day of gameplay, this would also ultimately translate directly or indirectly to lesser income for anet.

Unless you give the community something else to do on Friday nights, over time you will probably see fewer and fewer people logging in to play the game as they would migrate to other games to occupy what would have usually been reset day for them.

Do not simply expect the gamers, your customers, to adapt to your proposed changes because of your data findings etc. The number of negative posts is enough to tell you that the data may be incorrect. People make adjustments to their real life schedules to play the game, for such a big change to occur at a whim without consultation is a bad move.

Valid post with valid concerns. Taking away friday will make WvW players play another game altogether. So in a way, this change is killing your game mode and it is sad that your collegues at ANET don’t see reason but only look at numbers.

I predicted the sylvari being minions right after Mordy “awakened”.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lore/Sylvari-s-Corruption-Theory-spoilers/first#post3739146

Looks like it was spot on. My next prediction is that in 6 months, the new WvW borderlands are going to be like EotM is today, three giant karma trains. Meaning you failed to deliver and keep your most exciting game mode.
That is if this reset change is not changed back within a month. Hopefully I don’t have to link back to this post like I did now with this lore prediction :P

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

No ! Sat late does not work – it’s Sunday am for me- this really is a negative change.

Thanks anet – you just had a chance to increase EU coverage on NA Servers. There was some when it was on Friday late. Now there will be none . It takes about 2 days to reset body clock – so I will never get to a reset ever again on NA servers.

Really thanks for killing the game.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

wolvz — I understand, and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Jerry — could you please read John’s most recent post (or read it through again)? (It’s probably on this very page.) I think it might give you some valuable info.

I would like to say, Hi Gray, and first of all i wish there was more “OUT-OF-CLOSET” guys like Joel yesterday, he came from no where, and delivered SO MANY GOOD THINGS!

Now straight to the contructive arguments:
Because Reset day does not effect development team and service group that much I would suggest 3 next things, just 3, no more:

• 1) Take a look at this chart that was made on reddit and here, http://strawpoll.me/5736600/r In future, things that don’t effect development, we would more then appreciate if some one from Devs would approach us with question form to fill in Hi, guys, this and this changes, we need your opinion if it’s majority, we implement it your way, if it’s some what TIE, 50-50, 40-60 we make it as we feel like.
  • 2) I would love to say with all respect to devs, that our tradition in WvW around reset is more then just a “WVW reset day”, and we both me and YOU Gray, know one thing, that nothing was fixed in one extra day when it came to major or minor problems. And lets be human here, I rather see Devs work fridays then, half fridays and coming on work in Saturdays, every Dev is human too, and weekends OFF is nothing better for them to have own life too. Again i have high respect to devs, but do you guys really think, that WvW game mode was the thing that kept us playing for 3 years?
  • With all the struggle of rubber bending and skill lags, yes we complained, every normal player do, and you guys should know, that as loyal community as we are in WvW is the best community that every developers should desire. Even if things were pain, buggy, unplayable, we stick with you, we believe in you and most importent, we did find over the years without seasons a way to make us buys. That’s why resets are so important to us, it’s not just a reset day, it’s not just beginning of the weekend. It was people, grouping on fridays and wednesdays, making GvGs, a specials runs, border management of guilds, spreading people around, private made lists of which guild goes where so we don’t interrupt GvGs, because OS is always not an option, organizing and creating own team speaks and webpages, forums, brackets and spreadsheets just to make reset days easier, more organized and as enjoyable as we made them.
  • 3) *I honestly think that you guys know all of this, that you guys respect our choice, but what out-weights us, is that you want to bring more approaching way for new players to start with WvW, I get you, it’s all business you are just not aloud to speak about it just like that, we understand you guys.
  • But that’s where problems will always be, LvL60 people will come to WvW, and they will be having bad experience, because they will die, and die, and die again, and then people will tell them what they did wrong, and send them back to EOTM and get themselves a WvW gear. That’s where we have to stop for a moment, and think about it, no person will go straight to WvW, every body goes EOTM first, they want to learn pug life, why? Because sooner or later they see, that WvW is not the place for people under lvl 80 and none exotic geared people, WvW is something we take seriously, and people who are not lvl 80, won’t get revived, It’s simple statistics, that reviving an upscaled will cause 90% of another dead player that is lvl 80, just because picking up the upscaled takes same time then lvl 80 person, and the value of both is astronomical difference. And sooner or later people will see rage of us that die for them trying to revive a person that has no clue what they are doing, they will die 20 times and leave WvW.
  • WvW is hard place for pugs and it’s not that we don’t like new players, but there is this thing, we live for the server, we play for the server, and we want our servers to do well, 1 uplscaled person while we have queue, means 1% of lost power to the commander. People very quickly get adviced to go EOTM, and we also help them to level, just look EU SFR, they have EOTM guild that levels pugs in EOTM to make them ready for WvW, but what we don’t welcome are those that are not willing to join us and live for the server! We play this game mode with more then just pride, many of us, that main WvW, after 3 years are nothing near legendary, and we are fine with it, because WvW community that we made, is more important to us then a shiny skin. It’s OK if you want to bring new people to WvW, because that’s what we already DO, we search for people that are willing to join servers, and we always have queues. And NO ONE BUT US made this pugs a woman and man that play nights and days for the servers. Yes it sounds like we think that WvW is something superior, but it truly, once you are part of community, people know you, people value you, and you have a reason to join to fight another day!*

What i’m about to say, take it as serious as it sounds. Rather then facing the reset time, we would more then love to see changes to HOW QUEUE works. Just think about it, we already have HUGE queues, 40-120 EB queue, and 10-25 borders, and we are barely out of summer.

If we are stuck for at least 60-90 minutes in queue, how about considering something more desirable that would bring quality to the game? Like character swap while staying in queue? Commanders lose a lots of players by DC or they have to leave, and staying and being grounded on same character for 1 hour plus is absurd just because you want to play WvW.

EDIT: ALSO, my suggestion to this madness and destruction of WvW community would be. We accept saturdays or any day of the week to be a reset day for 2 weeks, we can give you that, because we understand you, and then please put it back as it was all this years. Thank You, your WvW only players.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

(edited by Firelysm.4967)

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

So let me get this right.

Your changing wvw reset (ie pushing it to the back of the queue once again) in order to ensure pve updates are functioning and free up time for them, whilst over the weekend when you have the least amount of staff on wvw will reset, probably crash or be buggy as hell, but then won’t be fixed as it’s low down on the list of priorities?

If wvw was being moved to ensure stability, then surely it would make more sense to move it to Thursday when you have staff on to fix it than Saturday when you have less?

Basically you’re now trying to justify a bad decision made without any thought of the effects on wvw players by bringing up arguments that make the original decision seem even worse.

It’s ok. We get it. wvw is bottom of the pile and will remain there. Pretty sure wvw is getting it’s first new map in three years, but apparently that’s all going to run very smoothly as wvw is getting pushed back:
QUOTE: They are pushing out their first expansion and want as many developers to be available as possible during the weeks post-launch to fix the inevitable series of bugs and exploits that come with any new content.

Anyone want to bet on how quickly the huge holes in wvw towers, exploits, etc get fixed compared to pve?

The reasons for the reset being moved to Saturday don’t make sense from wvw point of view, but then if wvw becomes more like pve and wvw players move to spvp that’s what Anet would like…

Reset night is the most fun because it’s the start of the weekend, it’s Friday night and time to relax, unwind, have a few drinks and some good fun on ts. 10am Saturday isn’t.

Oh and another example of the lack of coverage for wvw is the spammer/verbal diarrhea/bot/scammer that takes up a space on SFR EB every night spouting on about paying people to transfer off, has been reported by dozens of people and yet is still there poisoning the atmosphere- that I even mentioned to Gaile who basically said ‘nothing to do with me’ and didn’t even bother to pass it on to whoever might be responsible- as no one covers wvw.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: zwolf.1695

zwolf.1695

Thank you for moving the reset time on NA servers back to an NA prime time. I look forward to the xpac and new content. Thanks for listening.

Xio the Watcher – DWD of Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Dopamine.7502

Dopamine.7502

@devs, could you perhaps look at WvW activity a day before reset happens? I am pretty sure you will see day before reset is always the least active day as matchups are generally decided already with a few exceptions. Friday afternoon already is a karma train because upgrading/defending simply makes no sense anymore. With moving this to saturday evening basically you are shifting those issues to Friday night and Saturday day time. Those timeslots are probably some of the highest activity ones and i am genuinely worried it will mean a severe loss of activity in those timeslots. I can imagine for people only having weekends to play they suddenly lose 1,5 day of reset excitement. I understand there is no way to have a reset time which fits all but i do think moving it to a Saturday is not only bad for the players but will in the end also effect ANET themself.

In my opinion this is typically why you NEED to have multiple developpers actually activily playing WvW so they can feel what is really living inside the WvW community. I know you have your own idea on where you want WvW to go but if you neglect/ignore the playerbase for too long this will result in the downfall of WvW which for 1000’s of players is the main endgame content.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

wolvz — I understand, and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Jerry — could you please read John’s most recent post (or read it through again)? (It’s probably on this very page.) I think it might give you some valuable info.

I would like to say, Hi Gray, and first of all i wish there was more “OUT-OF-CLOSET” guys like Joel yesterday, he came from no where, and delivered SO MANY GOOD THINGS!

Now straight to the contructive arguments:
Because Reset day does not effect development team and service group that much I would suggest 3 next things, just 3, no more:

• 1) Take a look at this chart that was made on reddit and here, http://strawpoll.me/5736600/r In future, things that don’t effect development, we would more then appreciate if some one from Devs would approach us with question form to fill in Hi, guys, this and this changes, we need your opinion if it’s majority, we implement it your way, if it’s some what TIE, 50-50, 40-60 we make it as we feel like.
  • 2) I would love to say with all respect to devs, that our tradition in WvW around reset is more then just a “WVW reset day”, and we both me and YOU Gray, know one thing, that nothing was fixed in one extra day when it came to major or minor problems. And lets be human here, I rather see Devs work fridays then, half fridays and coming on work in Saturdays, every Dev is human too, and weekends OFF is nothing better for them to have own life too. Again i have high respect to devs, but do you guys really think, that WvW game mode was the thing that kept us playing for 3 years?
  • With all the struggle of rubber bending and skill lags, yes we complained, every normal player do, and you guys should know, that as loyal community as we are in WvW is the best community that every developers should desire. Even if things were pain, buggy, unplayable, we stick with you, we believe in you and most importent, we did find over the years without seasons a way to make us buys. That’s why resets are so important to us, it’s not just a reset day, it’s not just beginning of the weekend. It was people, grouping on fridays and wednesdays, making GvGs, a specials runs, border management of guilds, spreading people around, private made lists of which guild goes where so we don’t interrupt GvGs, because OS is always not an option, organizing and creating own team speaks and webpages, forums, brackets and spreadsheets just to make reset days easier, more organized and as enjoyable as we made them.
  • 3) *I honestly think that you guys know all of this, that you guys respect our choice, but what out-weights us, is that you want to bring more approaching way for new players to start with WvW, I get you, it’s all business you are just not aloud to speak about it just like that, we understand you guys.
  • But that’s where problems will always be, LvL60 people will come to WvW, and they will be having bad experience, because they will die, and die, and die again, and then people will tell them what they did wrong, and send them back to EOTM and get themselves a WvW gear. That’s where we have to stop for a moment, and think about it, no person will go straight to WvW, every body goes EOTM first, they want to learn pug life, why? Because sooner or later they see, that WvW is not the place for people under lvl 80 and none exotic geared people, WvW is something we take seriously, and people who are not lvl 80, won’t get revived, It’s simple statistics, that reviving an upscaled will cause 90% of another dead player that is lvl 80, just because picking up the upscaled takes same time then lvl 80 person, and the value of both is astronomical difference. And sooner or later people will see rage of us that die for them trying to revive a person that has no clue what they are doing, they will die 20 times and leave WvW.
  • WvW is hard place for pugs and it’s not that we don’t like new players, but there is this thing, we live for the server, we play for the server, and we want our servers to do well, 1 uplscaled person while we have queue, means 1% of lost power to the commander. People very quickly get adviced to go EOTM, and we also help them to level, just look EU SFR, they have EOTM guild that levels pugs in EOTM to make them ready for WvW, but what we don’t welcome are those that are not willing to join us and live for the server! We play this game mode with more then just pride, many of us, that main WvW, after 3 years are nothing near legendary, and we are fine with it, because WvW community that we made, is more important to us then a shiny skin. It’s OK if you want to bring new people to WvW, because that’s what we already DO, we search for people that are willing to join servers, and we always have queues. And NO ONE BUT US made this pugs a woman and man that play nights and days for the servers. Yes it sounds like we think that WvW is something superior, but it truly, once you are part of community, people know you, people value you, and you have a reason to join to fight another day!*

What i’m about to say, take it as serious as it sounds. Rather then facing the reset time, we would more then love to see changes to HOW QUEUE works. Just think about it, we already have HUGE queues, 40-120 EB queue, and 10-25 borders, and we are barely out of summer.

If we are stuck for at least 60-90 minutes in queue, how about considering something more desirable that would bring quality to the game? Like character swap while staying in queue? Commanders lose a lots of players by DC or they have to leave, and staying and being grounded on same character for 1 hour plus is absurd just because you want to play WvW.

Great text! WvW is not a gamemode – it’s a passion.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Thank you for moving the reset time on NA servers back to an NA prime time. I look forward to the xpac and new content. Thanks for listening.

They not listening, they’re just manipulating the community.

They announce that saturday evening resets is going to be permanent, everyone has a stroke, they announce an even worse reset in the morning, everyone complain even more and when they backtrack on that… people are suddenly is happy and give them thanks?

Yeah, that’s them manipulating you. This new promise that they will “look into it” basicly mean kitten you we’re sticking with Saturday because we kittening say so now shut up and be happy about our generous change of heart, we did what the community wanted.

I get that the realease of HoT is a big thing, we all do. They want to ensure that its smooth by delaying WvW reset. Perfectly reasonable… for a week or two.

No one would have complained if Anets original post would have been “Yeah… so we’re releasing HoT and need shut down WvW early and delay reset until Saturday evening. Sorry. It will be back to normal Friday evening the following week”.

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

I am very aware of that it is hard to find a time that fits all, but i also belive that you can not give NA and EU same reset time.
NA have a wide spread time zone whilst EU don’t. EU have one prime time and this is when we have the most people online. Reset in EU have to end up somewere around this time. Which day it is i my self don’t care about, but time of day is very important.

Reset is a holy event for wvw players. For us that play this every day and follow each matchup with interest really look forward to it and it is planned during week which open mic goes were, who will have special event on what map, what guilds go were and so on. It is a important event for all wvw comunites and it is also were the server work together to get a good start on the week. Due to this EU and NA must have different resets so that we both have the posiblilty to continue to have a growing and happy comunity.

I my self would not mind for reset to stay on friday evening, but i can live with saturday as long as it is in the evening and not on early day time where most of us in EU are sleeping, being with family, shopping, working, cleaning well all those things you never have time to do during the week.

I appreciate that A-Net took a step back and did not ignore us this time, and i hope you will be able to treat this game mode as you do with pvp and pve in future. Join our resets sometime and see what it is we are trying to tell you. I think more understanding about the comunity and what is important to us and what is not would be very helpful for future decisions.

in WvW

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Hello All,

Launching a game is an enormous undertaking and our teams need time to address any issues that come up. Therefore after launch we must move WvW reset to Saturday. We will keep resets on Saturday to address issues and once we are in the clear we will evaluate the best time for WvW reset both for us as a company as well as for our players.

Since it is clear that we cannot pick a time that will work for everyone, we will be maintaining our original plan of shifting reset by 24 hours, to Saturday evening. That time was based on data for when prime time occurs in each region.

Thank you,
John

Also, you guys welcome Dungeon guild runners to have a saying on Raids, please invite WvW guilds to have a saying on WvW Reset, it would be very rewarding if you would approach one of dedicated guilds to WvW/GvG scene. Team Aggression(TA), aX Chemsorly he was on your beta after all and helped you, SFR guilds and many others. Approach them, they will have answers that you seek.

But in mean while, we can handle 2-3 weeks of shifted reset, we were always the last wheel, and we are though enough to handle this temporary change. We did get some thick skin with all this years

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in WvW

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I’ll be honest:

I do not mind seeing WVW reset shifted to another day of the week at LAUNCH of HoT You have a fixed number of people probably all engaged in bug fixes and stuff, (Though I really, really hope it will be smooth sailing)

I undestand with all kinds of guilds going for guild halls first (also my WvW/PvX guild) there is room to do so.

BUT i think you should consider making the week last till friday and moving on from there. adn KEEPING it at friday.

Only ALTERNATIVE I SEE is when your brand new WvW map is really a swiss chease with people running past walls ovber exploits ionto castles and keeps and you need to fix things. In sucha a case I’d advise to shut the PPT counter down for the time it takes to fix it. and when it is fixed start at friday anew, losing any changes in the server rank system.

Then return to the basics and get everything back on track. Saturday is a bad move.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I don’t care what day of the week it is on, just glad it’s during NA primetime.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I am sorry you arent happy that people are this upset, but the truth is you gave us a preposterous alternative to help sell an already horrible one.

As I see it, the people" who are not upset, are simply the same %1 or less spamming the same thread over and over regurgitating similar complaints. That hardly shows any representation of “the people”’s perspective.

Your metrics on this are absolutely wrong

Proof?
What metrics are you using to determine your counterclaim?

This is a huge hit to the WvW community and the only real reason you gave us is because it is more convenient for you.

And?
If you were forced to work an extra day a week because a small subsection of your customers were spamming complaints, would you find it reasonable?

This particular thread seems to be filled with a lot of assumptions, personal projections, and misconceptions in my opinion.

Perhaps those who make such stern claims about how a reset time or day change will effect their lives, should step back and reevaluate their life.

It seems clear at this point that moving reset to Saturday is non-negotiable for the time being. While this may upset many people, I think this is one of those times where we need to cut Anet some slack. They are pushing out their first expansion and want as many developers to be available as possible during the weeks post-launch to fix the inevitable series of bugs and exploits that come with any new content.

Is it a major inconvenience to some, yes. Is this the end of WvW, absolutely not. The sky is not falling people; the game will still run all seven days, whether you give up on some of them as “karma train days” or not. And as was stated, it may only be temporary.

Also, to those stating that this is a terrible change because of even more bloated queues, you do realize you are making a case FOR Anet to do this right? The idea of readjusting the server population caps was to spread people out and long queues would do just that.

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

I’m happy about time change back to evenings. Thanks.

As for Friday or Saturday, don’t think it will change ‘that’ much, just wait and see it guys.

You don’t seem to get it. It has changed drastically for many. My guild will not be able to participate in WvW Reset ever again thanks to this change. The same is true for even more people.

So here’s the change. Friday now becomes the dead day for WvW. Many dozens or more guilds and hundreds maybe thousands of players are now denied the reset they have experienced for 3 years. PVE players will now come in and get what they need and most will leave right after – just like when Map completion was required for legendary crafting. PVErs don’t need reset to get their materials and such so why change it to accommodate them? Last night was my last reset night – so everything just changed for me.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

I only state how it looks from my point of view. If you decide to go out, well, it’s your choice. My only problem was the ‘time’ of the day, because most ppl are busy during day time and have free evenings, that’s all. If they really have to change the day, so be it, but at least it’s at some ‘standard’ hours.
Maybe some day it comes back to Friday, it was/is the best time.

in WvW

dancingmonkey.4902

My only problem was the ‘time’ of the day, because most ppl are busy during day time and have free evenings, that’s all.

What do you base this claim on? Who are “most people”? Why would they have free evenings and not free days, on a weekend? What metric are you using to claim and state what the other 5,999,999,999 people in the world do?

As I see it, this is a common theme in this thread that is problematic. Too many posters disingenuously claiming to tell us what people whom they know nothing about, in places they have never been, are thinking, feeling, or wanting.

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

in WvW

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Sadly they will probably just wait for people to die down and stop asking about this change instead of reverting it.

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

My only problem was the ‘time’ of the day, because most ppl are busy during day time and have free evenings, that’s all.

What do you base this claim on? Who are “most people”? Why would they have free evenings and not free days, on a weekend? What metric are you using to claim and state what the other 5,999,999,999 people in the world do?

As I see it, this is a common theme in this thread that is problematic. Too many posters disingenuously claiming to tell us what people whom they know nothing about, in places they have never been, are thinking, feeling, or wanting.

On weekends most people do not have the luxury of sitting around in front of a computer all day. They work, they take care of things around the house, they visit friends and other family, they run errands. They catch up with life and responsibilities.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Oraxis.9705

Oraxis.9705

Hello All,

Launching a game is an enormous undertaking and our teams need time to address any issues that come up. Therefore after launch we must move WvW reset to Saturday. We will keep resets on Saturday to address issues and once we are in the clear we will evaluate the best time for WvW reset both for us as a company as well as for our players.

Since it is clear that we cannot pick a time that will work for everyone, we will be maintaining our original plan of shifting reset by 24 hours, to Saturday evening. That time was based on data for when prime time occurs in each region.

Thank you,
John

Thank you, sir. While Friday night was always our big night, atleast keeping it in the late evening early night on Saturdays will allow us to maintain our reset night traditions and fun and still get our guilds together to go cause some havoc.

in WvW

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

Hello All,

Thank you,
John

THANK YOU JOHN!!!! =D

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ABADDON, DO NOT CHANGE IT AGAIN! please.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

I base it on my opinion that most WvW players are people ranging from school students to working ppl, who spend their weekdays from morning to afternoon in school/work and evenings at gaming/other.
Why I think it’s correct or close to truth? “Where are your queues during middle of day then?” Now is your time to acknowledge it and realize “Oh he might be right”…
I’m sure Anet has even more data about player activity during 24hrs and every day of the week.
No idea where you take these 5ninenineninenineninenine999nine numbers from, but it just makes you look even more funny and points out that you are really mad or disappointed. I understand you though.
I don’t read every topic or every post, but your claim about ‘too many posters disingenuously claiming to tell us what people whom they know nothing about, in places they have never been, are thinking, feeling, or wanting’ maybe comes because ‘there simply is more ppl willing to accept the changes’ than you might think.

in WvW

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

This isn’t rocket surgery.

The quality of the WvW experience degrades the further we get in any given week away from reset. People are more inclined to play WvW in the manner it is intended (competitively) close to reset and play less competitively as the week goes on.

This is especially true the actual 24 hrs before reset, which is “karma train day” or guild missions day, “community everyone play one class night”, etc for people that enjoy WvW because its not a competitive environment.

With reset on Friday, the entire weekend is a fun environment with the down days being Wednesday and Thursday. With reset on Saturday night, the down days are Friday and much of Saturday. You’ve already stated that gameplay is heavier on Saturdays than weekdays.

The big problem is, you’re looking at the wrong metric. The justification is Saturday is when most people play so it should be reset. This is the wrong metric because Saturday is already a good day for WvW in the current environment. What you are really doing is wrecking the environment on Friday night to make Monday better, which it should be fairly obvious isn’t good.

If you need to do this for a few weeks because of the expansion, I think you’d have received a much different tone of response. As a permanent change, it is terrible.

(edited by Xernth.8561)

in WvW

dancingmonkey.4902

On weekends most people do not have the luxury of sitting around in front of a computer all day. They work, they take care of things around the house, they visit friends and other family, they run errands. They catch up with life and responsibilities.

Most people work weekends?

They do not have life and responsibilities on Friday evenings? Kids to feed, bath, get to bed? Friends to go out and do things with?

Most people I know, Are free during the weekend days, and busy every evening. The difference is, I do not presume to believe that my experience represents the entire world, as you appear to me to be trying to do, nor should you presume and project that on the rest of the world.

I do not know what everyone is doing, and neither do you. The difference is you claim to tell us what they have going on, with no real facts to support that. That is not a productive presumption to make for a feedback discussion.

I base it on my opinion that most WvW players are people ranging from school students to working ppl, who spend their weekdays from morning to afternoon in school/work and evenings at gaming/other..

Yes, your opinion, but you state it as a declaration of fact.

Why I think it’s correct or close to truth? “Where are your queues during middle of day then?” Now is your time to acknowledge it and realize “Oh he might be right”…
I’m sure Anet has even more data about player activity during 24hrs and every day of the week..

Whose queues? Yours or mine? I see queues on two maps on Saturday at noon, regularly.

No idea where you take these 5ninenineninenineninenine999nine numbers from, but it just makes you look even more funny and points out that you are really mad or disappointed. I understand you though..

I take that number from the general population of the world being known to be approximately 6 billion.

Not sure how you feel it makes me look. Perhaps it would serve the discussion best if you avoided making presumptuous accusations. If you want to know my state of mind, feel free to ask. Presuming to claim to know what the rest of the world, my self included, is not really based on any facts that I am aware of.

Perhaps posters should stick to speaking for themselves, as it is the only opinion or perspective they can truly know.

I don’t read every topic or every post, but your claim about ‘too many posters disingenuously claiming to tell us what people whom they know nothing about, in places they have never been, are thinking, feeling, or wanting’ maybe comes because ‘there simply is more ppl willing to accept the changes’ than you might think.

I was referring to this thread specifically.

I hope more are willing to accept the changes. I do not see a problem with the changes at all. As I see it, when a match begins or ends is essentially irrelevant. The duration is the same regardless. I feel what players do in that time is what matters, not when it begins and ends. Based on what I bolded in that statement, it appears you agree?

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

And what do you base your claims on?

Your comments are even worse than any posters, in that all your argument seems to consist of is ’you’re not representative of the whole’, where clearly you are in a tiny minority yourself as regards people who post on these forums and indeed on other forums too.

Your white knighting doesn’t change the fact that there are a pile of posts on the subject and apart from the usual one or two (or 6 ? not bothered counting) who defend everything Anet do no matter how absurd, the majority of posters are opposed to the idea of a change which wasn’t highlighted until literally the last minute- when surely they knew this was planned months ago as part of the pre launch planning phase.

Bringing it up in the last week before it actually changes just smacks of cynicism and a lack of any thought as to how wvw operates or respect for those affected.

Not to mention the actual reasons given, that they want to have as many on hand to deal with problems and bugs for the rest of the game, shows that wvw is way down the list when it comes to fixing anything- as has been the case for the last three years (think wvw achievements…).

So are they keeping a pile of people on specifically to deal with the many issues that will crop on on Saturday reset night, meaning those people are now going to be working through Saturday night and into Sunday, rather than Friday into Saturday, or will wvw just be ignored until people get back in the office Monday?

Don’t see how it helps in the smooth deployment of wvw at all, given that a lot of the bugs in skills and such will come out of combat against other players rather than spamming 1 against some meaningless npc boss thing.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

dancingmonkey.4902

And what do you base your claims on?

Feel free to reread my post. I very specifically made no claims, I simply stated what I believe about some others. The difference being I did not write it as if it were a statement of fact, but specified it as what I see in my circles, and my own experience. There is a difference when it comes to having a discussion.

Your comments are even worse than any posters, in that all your argument seems to consist of is ’you’re not representative of the whole’, where clearly you are in a tiny minority yourself as regards people who post on these forums and indeed on other forums too.

I do not know if I am a tiny minority or not. That is my point, thank you for agreeing. Know one here can know what goes on with everyone else’s playtime, other then the metrics Anet has. Yet so many with no metric at all are proclaiming them to be wrong.

I am simply suggesting that I do not know about their information, and neither does anyone else, so perhaps posters should avoid making disingenuous proclamations.

Your white knighting doesn’t change the fact that there are a pile of posts on the subject and apart from the usual one or two (or 6 ? not bothered counting) who defend everything Anet do no matter how absurd, the majority of posters are opposed to the idea of a change which wasn’t highlighted until literally the last minute- when surely they knew this was planned months ago as part of the pre launch planning phase.

Perhaps it would be best if you avoided name calling.

Didn’t they officially suggest that less then 10% of players have ever logged into the forums? I hardly feel 500 or so of the negative feedback here even comes close to representing the community across 72+ servers. I see half to three quarters of that in player count on my server alone, in game on a Sunday evening. I have posted screenshots of the queues to support that recently.

That suggest to me that the posters on this thread are not even 1% of the game play community who are concerned about it so little, that they do not bother posting. But this is just my opinion based on my perspective.

Bringing it up in the last week before it actually changes just smacks of cynicism and a lack of any thought as to how wvw operates or respect for those affected.

Your welcome to presume that. I do not know why you would.

Seems to me like a crunch time decision to intelligently have the manpower available at the times their official metrics suggest they should. I am not entirely sure why anyone wouldn’t want the game properly supported.

Not to mention the actual reasons given, that they want to have as many on hand to deal with problems and bugs for the rest of the game, shows that wvw is way down the list when it comes to fixing anything- as has been the case for the last three years (think wvw achievements…).

Seems to me like a crunch time decision to intelligently have the manpower available at the times their official metrics suggest they should. I am not entirely sure why anyone wouldn’t want the game properly supported.

So are they keeping a pile of people on specifically to deal with the many issues that will crop on on Saturday reset night, meaning those people are now going to be working through Saturday night and into Sunday, rather than Friday into Saturday, or will wvw just be ignored until people get back in the office Monday?

I don’t know. I do know they said WvW would be a main focus after release, and they feel it is wise to have the reset moved to work with the expansion. I feel they know more about what they are doing and why, then any poster here.

Don’t see how it helps in the smooth deployment of wvw at all, given that a lot of the bugs in skills and such will come out of combat against other players rather than spamming 1 against some meaningless npc boss thing.

Lets not make this a “bash PvE” issue. PvE players could suggest it is better then your mindless blobbing in which you spam 1 against another mindless blob. Both game modes have value. I suspect many posters play both. No reason to make it a one or the other issue.

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

Most people work weekends?

They do not have life and responsibilities on Friday evenings? Kids to feed, bath, get to bed? Friends to go out and do things with?

Most people I know, Are free during the weekend days, and busy every evening. The difference is, I do not presume to believe that my experience represents the entire world, as you appear to me to be trying to do, nor should you presume and project that on the rest of the world.

I do not know what everyone is doing, and neither do you. The difference is you claim to tell us what they have going on, with no real facts to support that. That is not a productive presumption to make for a feedback discussion.

I didn’t say “most people work weekends” I said most people have other responsibilities over the weekend. To include but not limited to working for those who do.

But the fact is that most people have a lot less they are responsible for in the evenings. That’s when people typically sit down to watch tv, play games, read, and whatever else they find relaxing. On the other hand those who have things they MUST (keyword is must) do weekend evenings are much fewer than those who have things they must do during the day. Must meaning obligated. As in must go to work, must take care of a newborn, must run errands because there’s no other time, must whatever.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Byega.4215

Byega.4215

Do you will reset the ladder too in order to have some kind of new start ?

80 Human Elementalist – Dagger/Focus

Last fair fight before Orbageddon was against Itkoviana

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

Do you will reset the ladder too in order to have some kind of new start ?

This would be nice too see.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

When in doubt, please check posting history. It clears things up quickly and stops you from wasting your time.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I just have to say, I am kind of excited to see some late match-up Friday nite pushes in closer contests. Comebacks out maneuvering complacent opponents are a much bigger rush for me than those chaotic resets. There is no reason we all have to give up and declare Fridays a karma train day now. This could actually be very healthy for the game outside of those complete blow out match-ups but we really need to focus on making them more rare anyways.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Some quick things to keep in mind when things settle down and Anet re-evaluates the reset times:

Many more people log in on Saturday, yes, but the fact that they log in does not necessarily mean that they’re logging in specifically because it’s saturday. For the past year or two, my guilds have hated reset night because it’s laggy and blobby and overall not enjoyable for the kind of wvw we’d like to be able to have. I know of a few other guilds that do the same, at most sending a few people to a borderland when they’re bored. Reset night has been a burden that some of us have had to sit through on Friday night while waiting for things to settle down by Saturday so that we can play.

I have a few concerns with this that I’m not sure will be taken into account:
Friday’s population will drop. I’d wager that Thursday’s population is somewhat lacking in WvW because most matchups have been decided and it becomes a karma-train. There’s nothing wrong with this, but it’s a behaviour that I think has stemmed from a lack of interesting play and counterplay on Thursdays because most have given up. Friday will become this new night, which is completely fine, but when we look at the numbers of people logging in after reset has been changed, we must consider the number of people that simply won’t log in to WvW on Friday because it’s got nothing interesting to contribute.

A similar problem will come from Saturday reset: the numbers will be artificially inflated by the expansion so we won’t actually be able to know how the change in reset nights will effect reset populations.

Just please, carefully consider the data before deciding if/when reset will be changed after the HoT release. Numbers will be a little tricky. There are too many variables being introduced with HoT to accurately kitten what will or won’t happen on reset nights in WvW. We’ve got new pve, we’ve got new professions, we’ve got a new map, we’ve got an influx of new or returning players. Until that all dies down, I’d hate to have Anet make any final decisions. Perhaps after a month of reset on Saturday we can look at the data that we have no access to and determine if a change is needed. Then look at it a month after that when the hype has died even further.

Another thing: can I just mention that the number of people online in wvw does not actually mean that WvW is in a good place. I’d imagine that at the moment WvW population spikes on Friday and Saturday, dips a little for Sunday through Tuesday and then is at its lowest on Wednesday (all during NA prime on NA servers, btw). Then Thursday, the K-train day, comes and we’ve got a spike in players. This spike is not necessarily indicative of interest. This spike is here after one server has pretty much won the week and people are taking advantage of easy wvw rewards. So when reset moves to Saturday, the K-train moves to Friday and we might have artificially inflated numbers there.

Tl;dr: make sure that whoever is looking at the numbers is actually able to understand the numbers. Statistics are incredibly easy to misinterpret and manipulate, so please just take care…

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

When in doubt, please check posting history. It clears things up quickly and stops you from wasting your time.

Yes, when you see that someone more often than not supports whatever changes or decisions Anet makes take their comments and opinions with a grain of salt.

BG

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

I just have to say, I am kind of excited to see some late match-up Friday nite pushes in closer contests. Comebacks out maneuvering complacent opponents are a much bigger rush for me than those chaotic resets. There is no reason we all have to give up and declare Fridays a karma train day now. This could actually be very healthy for the game outside of those complete blow out match-ups but we really need to focus on making them more rare anyways.

How do propose that we make blowout matches more rare? Don’t get me wrong it would be nice but it’s not a reasonable expectation. Blowouts are a direct result of server populations. Unless Anet is willing to manipulate server populations in some way I don’t see how you prevent them.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: cillard.3986

cillard.3986

I am sorry you arent happy that people are this upset, but the truth is you gave us a preposterous alternative to help sell an already horrible one.

As I see it, the people" who are not upset, are simply the same %1 or less spamming the same thread over and over regurgitating similar complaints. That hardly shows any representation of “the people”’s perspective.

#1. 50 person active roster guild. 100% of whom are unhappy with it.

#2. Full map queue on reset last night with all but 5 people extremely unhappy about it. Out of those 5, 3 didnt care one way or the other and the other two it was more convenient for them.

3. The straw poll results. It isn’t perfect, but at least you can only vote once per IP address.

4. Numerous threads on different forums where people are complaining about it. Here, Reddit, server forum, guild forum, etc.

Your metrics on this are absolutely wrong

Proof?
What metrics are you using to determine your counterclaim?

I am using a combination of queue numbers provided by the game, feedback from people will no longer be logging in Friday to Saturday night, and general (and I would hope by now!) common knowledge of how the game works in regards to meaningful WvW in a matchup.

I have made my point numerous times as have others, I suggest you read them.

This is a huge hit to the WvW community and the only real reason you gave us is because it is more convenient for you.

And?
If you were forced to work an extra day a week because a small subsection of your customers were spamming complaints, would you find it reasonable?

So you logic is that moving reset from a weekday to a weekend evening means that ANET doesnt have to work an extra day a week. What proof do you have of that because it just scream contrarian BS to me? Define ‘small’ …how do you know it is ‘small’ ? Besides, working for a gaming company, software company of any sort, hosting service, and even IT work directly comes with the understanding that you work when and where you have to. If you are in the industry yourself, you will know that I speak 100% truth on that.

in WvW

Posted by: cillard.3986

cillard.3986

Someone with real life experience in North America knows that schools are Monday through Friday and are most jobs. Someone with real life experience and families have a limited time to play as it is.

As someone with a real job a family, Friday or Saturday evening works reasonably well equally from that standpoint, the difference is that Friday no longer becomes an option for meaningful game play. Weekends are my time to get kitten done, spend time with family, and have time to myself (which I choose to game with). This is the norm and not the outlier.

So rather than playing Friday night (sometimes well into the early morning) and squeezing in a few hours to play during the day on Saturday, my entire guild will no longer be logging into the game ….period.

That is reality.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Someone with real life experience in North America knows that schools are Monday through Friday and are most jobs. Someone with real life experience and families have a limited time to play as it is.

As someone with a real job a family, Friday or Saturday evening works reasonably well equally from that standpoint, the difference is that Friday no longer becomes an option for meaningful game play. Weekends are my time to get kitten done, spend time with family, and have time to myself (which I choose to game with). This is the norm and not the outlier.

So rather than playing Friday night (sometimes well into the early morning) and squeezing in a few hours to play during the day on Saturday, my entire guild will no longer be logging into the game ….period.

That is reality.

There 2ed sift workers too you know they are not faceless drones that are happily with missing every thing in entertainment world to make your your Monday – Friday day life runs right.
The point is if 1st shift workers on the stander time can make it to a Friday then can also make it to an Saturday. I am not talking about time of reset here i am talking about pure selfishness of your argument.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

It’s not only a problem for non-NA/EU players…

It’s like taking football/hockey matches (for those who follow sports instead of gaming on Gw2) on friday night and push them on saturday morning…

Bad choice

I’m a sad panda

in WvW

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

I believe that as long as this Saturday night reset is not a permanent change, rather just a temporary one to help bring about a better reset time than Friday was, many would be happy for it.

…Just don’t take more than a few months to flip it off Saturday, I believe you might already be having players leave even after a month, anything more than a quarter of a year…might be far too late.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Hello All,

Thank you,
John

I suggest that arenanet staff take a good look at their changes before hitting “implement” too.

Which they provably have done. For goodness sake! The need for the change has been explained by John, and the team considered suggestions in this very thread in making a possible alternation in plans (from evening to morning) but, based, again, on feedback, they’ve gone with what data supports, and with their initial plan. I think that’s a good thing.

Data may show that more people play on a Saturday versus a Friday, however beyond just using the data numbers, there should have been researching done to see “why” those numbers were like that.

Normally during the “day” Friday very few bother to go into wvw due to it being nothing more then paper keeps and people running circles around one another for karma, and world xp. Plus many others do not log in or sleep early so they can wake and be ready for an Exciting Friday reset, and weekend. (Not to mention many work during Friday, and it happens to be the start of the weekend for everyone around the world, allowing them all to play for the following 2 days as much as they would like.)

ANet could have done a poll for players to see which of 7days they would have preferred to have WvW reset on. Following that poll there could have been polls done on times. Thus Anet could have made the best of everything by gathering data from what their player base in general who enjoy WvW wanted.

The reason so many are angry is a lot of players who play GW2 specifically for WvW as their main game mode, did buy HoT and Anet had mentioned NOTHING about changing any reset day/time, until after all Beta’s were done. Thus all who had bought the HOT expansion (Or upgraded for it for those who have been here longer) feel as if they just got shafted by the company again.

While the reasoning has been stated by John as to why the change was made, it could have been stated originally to have avoided MANY posts. As in it could have been stated that “Due to the HOT Expansion we will be changing the WvW reset time to Saturday Temporarily, to accommodate for any issues which our teams may have to deal with during the initial release and week(s) of the expansion.”

Stating a change as temporary, at the onset would have lessened the amount of complaints, and everything from the WvW community. However I would suggest to make a thread, or add in the statement John made about the change being needed for the time being, and that in the future they reset day/time would be re-evaluated. So that more who come into the thread and do not want to read through 12+ pages of players all unhappy and stating the same thing, can instantly see that it has not been decided that the WvW reset will forever more be changed to this new time.

Also, as a suggestion, ANet should try to get the wvw community more involved, even if running multiple polls throughout different months about WvW. This would allow Anet to see how the active player base on GW2 who play WvW respond to certain things, and also allow more data on the community to be know to ANet. It may also promote the teamwork between the community and ANet as well, which would be good for the game mode. (Think of it as a communal voice the WvW community “Could” have.) More so the the WvW forum team who relays information from the WvW community to Anet. (As the WvW community can be very overwhelming at many times due to the sheer number of players within the community.)

I would also like to thank you Gaile Gray.6029 for taking the time to reply to some of the posts which have been made, as well as John for his “last” post which further clarified the reset time change. (I do hope you have time to read through my wall of text as well.)

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: HAAHO.1276

HAAHO.1276

24 hours later is a great idea.. There’s nothing wrong with shifting it to Saturday instead of Friday.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

For all the people claiming so hard that they are representing everyone: here’s a poll on the WvW forums that are being officially recommended by Anet for anything related to matchups, thus quite a lot of people at least know of this forum and is representative of at least a portion of hardcore WvW players. It is not representative of the whole WvW whatsoever but I mean, if we’re gonna assume we speak for the majority of people let me at least show you what this side thinks of it.

So please, just stop presenting your opinion as fact for everyone. It is NOT reality, it is your point of view.
And at this point they have come back on the first decision to please the ones asking for more weekend time, still not good enough for the community and worse because it’s not in prime time anymore, so revert back with added note of will be thinking on it. This is not a personal attack on WvW players, come on. Stop with the bullkitten.

Also as far as personal opinion, I’ve always been of the school of thought that if my schedule is too busy and doesn’t allow me to do some very specific things; it’s on me and not anybody else. I shouldn’t try to bend it to my own schedule. This is not a point for or against the reset change so please don’t twist my words here.

Attachments:

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

(edited by Kitta.3657)

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

How do propose that we make blowout matches more rare? Don’t get me wrong it would be nice but it’s not a reasonable expectation. Blowouts are a direct result of server populations. Unless Anet is willing to manipulate server populations in some way I don’t see how you prevent them.

And that is a very important discussion to have when we start getting some info’s on ANET’s plans for their next big WvW patch. The community can help immensely by being more willing to destack the overpopulated tiers but that may not feel like a rewarding thing to do until a little while after HoT’s launch when things settle down again.

ANET can help more by offering incentives for transfers off of full world to lower population ones and revising the glicko system to be more responsive so rising stars and sinking ships move thru the ranks a bit faster. ANET has already taken a step in the right direction with the new WvW population calculations and locking down full words but instead of getting our support they are seeing a lot of grief for it. The last CDI had a ton of other ideas on the subject I hope to see brought up again as the discussion moves forward.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: LINKAZZATORE.8135

LINKAZZATORE.8135

fsp friday reset: 4 queues of a total of over 200 people
fsp saturday: 2 queues and no enemies whatsoever on any ANY MAP.

i mean this is so obvious that saturday has WAY MORE PEOPLE! look at those stats! we had half of the people and enemy had barely no people at all so obviously friday is a dead day.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

In less than a week a whole new world will be unleashed on you. What worked in the past may no longer be viable until we see how the new systems work. Geeeeezzzz. Enjoy the game and the new world.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

And that is a very important discussion to have when we start getting some info’s on ANET’s plans for their next big WvW patch. The community can help immensely by being more willing to destack the overpopulated tiers but that may not feel like a rewarding thing to do until a little while after HoT’s launch when things settle down again.

ANET can help more by offering incentives for transfers off of full world to lower population ones and revising the glicko system to be more responsive so rising stars and sinking ships move thru the ranks a bit faster. ANET has already taken a step in the right direction with the new WvW population calculations and locking down full words but instead of getting our support they are seeing a lot of grief for it. The last CDI had a ton of other ideas on the subject I hope to see brought up again as the discussion moves forward.

ANET’s plans for their next big WvW patch.

I laughed. Hard. Thank you for that.

People aren’t going to willingly destack. They go where their friends are and where they know they will have fun in WvW. More people like being on and fighting against highly populated servers than they do nearly empty ones. The only way servers will be destacked is if Anet forces it to happen.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

They are forcing destack by locking servers, through attrition.
It’s a great idea and should have been done long ago. I understand their reticence to do so though.

in WvW

dancingmonkey.4902

But the fact is that most people have a lot less they are responsible for in the evenings. That’s when people typically sit down to watch tv, play games, read, and whatever else they find relaxing. On the other hand those who have things they MUST (keyword is must) do weekend evenings are much fewer than those who have things they must do during the day. Must meaning obligated. As in must go to work, must take care of a newborn, must run errands because there’s no other time, must whatever.

This is a fact? Last I checked, what you consider “evening” where you are is not the same everywhere else due to time zones. Worse, your claiming it as fact when you do no more then assume what others are doing, when and why.

What facts are you using to support the idea that is the reality of it at all? For example, you suggest television on the weekend evenings, when it is a provable fact that Friday and Saturday evenings , for example are the least watched times for television in the week, at least in America. (source : BLS American Time Use Survey, A.C. Nielsen Co.)

My point is, and this isn’t aimed at you specifically, that posters are making claims, to support their perceived “wants”. Yet have no factual basis to make those claims. Thus offering no substantial bases for the rage and accusations across this thread, other then their perceived wants.

#1. 50 person active roster guild. 100% of whom are unhappy with it.

Perhaps you should let each of them share their own opinion, and stick to sharing your own, that is best for everyone.

#2. Full map queue on reset last night with all but 5 people extremely unhappy about it. Out of those 5, 3 didnt care one way or the other and the other two it was more convenient for them.

Are you presuming to speak for 5 other people? Or am I misunderstanding what your suggesting? How many of the 4 maps were queued? 3pm in the afternoon today, there were 2 maps queued for me.

3. The straw poll results. It isn’t perfect, but at least you can only vote once per IP address.

How many people voted on that random unsecure poll? .ooo1% of the GW2 accounts that exist (I rounded up)

4. Numerous threads on different forums where people are complaining about it. Here, Reddit, server forum, guild forum, etc.

Most of which are the same hundred people making multiple post as far as I know. Seems like a vocal minority to me.

I am using a combination of queue numbers provided by the game, feedback from people will no longer be logging in Friday to Saturday night, and general (and I would hope by now!) common knowledge of how the game works in regards to meaningful WvW in a matchup.

Queue numbers where?

A few post and guild chatter do not define common knowledge as I know it.

So you logic is that moving reset from a weekday to a weekend evening means that ANET doesnt have to work an extra day a week. What proof do you have of that because it just scream contrarian BS to me? Define ‘small’ …how do you know it is ‘small’ ? Besides, working for a gaming company, software company of any sort, hosting service, and even IT work directly comes with the understanding that you work when and where you have to. If you are in the industry yourself, you will know that I speak 100% truth on that.

No, my logic in Johns post in which it was explained.

Small? Like the amount of people complaining? Early on there were what, 3.5 million copies sold of the game, NOT counting the China release. I hardly call 750 post (many are multiple post of the same debaters) even touches feed back from a small amount of the community. I kind of figured if it was that important, we would see at least 1% post about it.

here’s a poll on the WvW forums that are being officially recommended by Anet for anything related to matchups

Got a link supporting they have deemed this poll as “official”? I see nothing of the sort in the dev tracker.

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Yes, for some people Saturday is a bad day, but Friday was also a bad day for some people as well. The amount of rage coming from the anti-Saturday crew is immense, and I understand change is hard to accept when you have been used to something for 3 years.

Is reset exciting? Oh definitely! Is changing the day going to ruin the excitement? Only if you let it. Whether you are there or not, reset will be exciting for all the people involved, even if the Marsha Marsha Marsha types are not there.

As a very few people have mentioned, having part of the weekend at the start of the reset and the other part at the end, close matches can be all the more chaotic and exciting, and who would NOT want the end of a match to mirror what the beginning feels like? If winning matches had more tangible rewards or just plain emotional rewards, that excitement could be present near the end of a match as well. If Anet devised some sort of lightning round where the last day of the matchup was devoid of glicko points(being calculated before the last 24 hours) but had some sort of mechanic where the 2nd and 3rd place servers had a chance to catch up(some sort of point multiplier, especially for picking on 1st place) we just might see WvW have its “Opening Ceremony” reset nights, plus a fast paced 24 hours of “get out there and give it your all!”.

Yeah I like reset, but reset will be reset no matter what day it’s on unless YOU make it something different.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I appreciate seeing the reason behind the change. It goes a long way towards being able to take it as a move in good faith, even if I don’t particularly agree with it.

It seems that it’s being relegated to the ’we’re going to take a look at WvW after HoT launches’ basket, which is fine…but that means that we really, really need some tangible communication about this infamous WvW dev focus. If weeks go by with nothing, people will give up hope.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Got a link supporting they have deemed this poll as “official”? I see nothing of the sort in the dev tracker.

gw2wvw hasnt been officially recommended by anet since about 2 weeks after it started prolly because whoever had officially recommended it realized it was the same thing as what they had just got rid of and that they dont want to encourage the kittenty behavior. nevertheless… it was definitely the only site that was ever officially recommended and no other has ever been recommended since, to my knowledge. and i have decent memory and keep an eye out for red posts in this sub, and always have.

his claim is reaching, but it has a kernel of truth.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions