WvW exotic gear is Substandard now

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

With the introduction of ascended armor and weapons and even trinkets way back when, WvW badge gear is pointless to have. Back when GW2 was released and there was no upward gear progression having an alternate set of “WvW gear” with a different set of runes was fine. Now with ascended gear being the BiS having a alt set of exotic wvw gear makes you under powered.

With this being the case, all those sigils and runes in exotic wvw gear are wasted simply because we cannot salvage them. Fix this please. I know how long this has been an issue but fix this problem. I dont have 30-60 gold to simply replace 1 set of runes on 1 set of armor on 1 character when I have 8 characters to gear up each with this problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

depends on the gear really, also the main difference in performance lies with the weapons, not the armor.
The armor is barely 10% boost to stats, the weapons give you over 15% stats between the increased base damage and increased stats alongside extra slots for power/precision/condition damage infusions.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Trinkets (easy to get) and Weapons (painful to get but effective) are all a player needs to still be highly competitive. Armor is just a bonus.

The only time ascended really comes into play is when the fight is out manned or a player grabs a hold of a highly skilled player. We have an ele in our small guild that will tear 99% of most players up when he is naked.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

eithinan.9841

Gear = all equipment(ARMOR, WEAPON, TRINKETS). The point is none of the badge gear is salvageable.

I also like how the mods moved this post from the BLT forums to the WvW forums so it can be promptly ignored…

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I use Exotic armor with ascended weapons/trinkets, and I have from little to no trouble with being par with people on WvW. And except for the weapon, you can get all that from solely WvW.

Also, the gear isn’t salvagable, because people would just keep buying it and salvaging it for ectos/dark matter, screwing the market (That’s the same reason why temple gear isn’t salvageble). I don’t know why I can’t dump them on the mystic toilet tho (you can mystic toilet temple gear).

If you problem is the runeset on your armor, I remember that you could transfer the runes using transmutation crystals to you new gear. But now with the new patch, I don’t know if this is still possible.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I should image a mystic forge sollution for this. Gift of battle+original piece+vision chrystal+ xy ecto = original piece in ascended version.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

eithinan.9841

I really like that idea. some mystic forge way of geting ascended gear that is directly tied to the gift of battle that works on WvW gear. Maybe tie in 50 ectos like the ascended laurel trinkets.

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Trinkets (easy to get) and Weapons (painful to get but effective) are all a player needs to still be highly competitive. Armor is just a bonus.

^^^^ This. The 10% plus in stats on the armor sounds a lot but in reality the difference over exotic armor is miniscule. 10% extra precision at level 80 is like 1% crit chance, or 100HP on a warrior 110 extra armor. not what I would call game breaking. The weapon gives 5% extra damage on top of extra stats which is a pretty big difference.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

The stats have nothing to do with it. Previously you could get your runes back by transmuting, and now you can’t. We need a solution for this.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

been roaming with full exotics..

only problems i have is with maxed out gear,stacks and build (maxed as in MAXED!!), still able to put up a decent fight though.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

The stats have nothing to do with it. Previously you could get your runes back by transmuting, and now you can’t. We need a solution for this.

We do, it’s called an Upgrade Extraction Tool or BL salvage kit if it is a salvageable item.

in WvW

Posted by: Chewy.9263

Chewy.9263

Julie, you CANNOT salvage armor purchased with wvw badges.

Love

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

You missed the “If its a salvagable item”.

Also, the Upgrade Extractor Tool argument still stand.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

At one point yesterday: extractor tool cost: 21g 67s (converting to gems), most expensive rune (Exuberance): 10g 50s. The extractor is not a solution!

Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

Yeah, great, now we need to spend an additional 50 gems to get an Extractor, which, unlike the old Transmutation Crystals, doesn’t seem to drop as part of normal gameplay.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

applied fortitude, applied strength, ascended weapons, ascended armor, ascended trinkets, stacking sigils, permanant bonus sigils, etc Balance what?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

You missed the “If its a salvagable item”.

It costs less in gold to purchase an exotic off the TP than it does to purchase the gems for a single extraction kit. The argument might hold validity, but it’s wildly unpractical. Bl salvage kits can be obtained for free.

in WvW

eithinan.9841

None of this quibbling over how well people can play changes the FACT that exotic gear is substandard now. Upgrades are also locked into any exotics bought from a karma or WvW vendor unless you are willing to spend 2-5 times as much gold for one of those stupid overpriced extractors as you would on a new rune.

I have 2 sets of divinity runes and 2 sets of melandru runes and 3 sets of soldier/trooper runes sitting in substandard gear. Thats roughly 250 gold in runes that would cost me about 675 gold to recover with the only option available. Simply put the upgrade extractor argument stands on quicksand.

in WvW

Posted by: Smithay.1635

Smithay.1635

Exotics are competitive with ascended, they are a bit worse but nothing a bit of player skill can’t overcome. You definitely do not need ascended armour/weapons to have plenty of fun and kills in WvW.

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

Exotics are competitive with ascended, they are a bit worse but nothing a bit of player skill can’t overcome. You definitely do not need ascended armour/weapons to have plenty of fun and kills in WvW.

Weapons do make a big differences though, not only do you get more stats but it is also a 5% damage modifier.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I should image a mystic forge sollution for this. Gift of battle+original piece+vision chrystal+ xy ecto = original piece in ascended version.

This seems like a good solution to me, although the ascended version would have to keep the rune! The addition of a higher WvW rank needed for this (1-200?) might also help keeping non-WvW players from exploiting this. Although, with EotM being as it is, it’s pretty easy to farm WvW rank…

in WvW

Posted by: Smithay.1635

Smithay.1635

I agree the weapon difference is noticeable but you can mitigate that by doing a condition build that does not require weapon damage.

in WvW

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

Yeah, great, now we need to spend an additional 50 gems to get an Extractor, which, unlike the old Transmutation Crystals, doesn’t seem to drop as part of normal gameplay.

Isn’t the extractor a permanent item? Buy it once and use it forever?

[edit]Nope, nvm, it’s not permanent.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

(edited by Mattargul.9235)

in WvW

Posted by: meklin.4530

meklin.4530

No, why would you be able to buy them in bulk of 25 if they were permanent?

I have issues with this as well. It doesn’t seem fair that players that dungeon run can profit from their dungeon gear, but players in WvW that farm badges all day can’t make profit off of their gear? Seems a bit one sided.

For those that argue that the market will sink one way or another because of all the badges in the market, what about those players that had all those dungeon tokens when patch got because they had nothing to spend em on? It takes about a week of farming Zergs to get roughly 1000 badges, gear costs around 50-100 badges. So in a week of Badge farming you can get roughly 10-20 armor pieces. Dungeon tokens? You can get 180-240 from each dungeon per day for the first run, further runs show diminishing returns, but still in a week that’s what, 1260-1680 per dungeon per week. 7-9 pieces of Exotic armor a week PER dungeon. There’s what 8 dungeons? Come on 60+ Wxotic armor a week by farming dungeons? You can’t get anywhere close to thts in WvW with Badges.

Why can’t we salvage our WvW Badge bought gear?? Makes no sense at all!!

in WvW

meklin.4530

And if the change is made, we should still be able to get our inscriptions and insignias as a chance in the drop table from Badge gear. Don’t screw us out of that much

in WvW

meklin.4530

I was wrong in my original post too. WvW gear costs Gold plus Badges. Gloves, the cheapest, costs 80silver and 120 badges. Buying gear straight out with badges costs 213 Badges, but the gear if I’m not mistaken is only level 75, and I believe you can only get Soldiers that way.

And Karma gear, really? After all those nerfs to Karma we still can’t salvage the gear for some profit? It’s such a pain to farm for karma anymore, why can we make profit from it yet? The only things I purchase with karma are Salvage Kits, and temple Accessories like Cavaliers, that you can only get there and maybe in EotM.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Wasn’t it in the talks, like, a year ago, that they wanted to make Ascended obtainable via WvW?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I was wrong in my original post too. WvW gear costs Gold plus Badges. Gloves, the cheapest, costs 80silver and 120 badges. Buying gear straight out with badges costs 213 Badges, but the gear if I’m not mistaken is only level 75, and I believe you can only get Soldiers that way.

If your toon is 80, all badge gear is 80.

Wasn’t it in the talks, like, a year ago, that they wanted to make Ascended obtainable via WvW?

That was when only ascended acessories were in the game, and guess what? You can get ascended acessories from only wvw…

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

It’s a valid argument.

The cost of ascended equivalent WvW armour/weapons would have to be very high to reflect the cost of crafting it in PvE.

5000 badges per piece!

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

It’s a valid argument.

The cost of ascended equivalent WvW armour/weapons would have to be very high to reflect the cost of crafting it in PvE.

5000 badges per piece!

I know people who can easily fully equip all their characters under that price…

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

I disagree. I have all exotic on my warrior and I rarely die.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Exotic gear is still suitable for many classes. Esp in zerg warfare. If we start talking about 1v1 and roaming then the tides turn and the OP is spot on.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

eithinan.9841

@OP:

I disagree. I have all exotic on my warrior and I rarely die.

I dont care about how often you die. Look at the numbers on the gear.

Exotic gear is still suitable for many classes. Esp in zerg warfare. If we start talking about 1v1 and roaming then the tides turn and the OP is spot on.

It doesnt matter whether it is still suitable. All Acended gear gives better stats. I dont care that a full ascended rabid only makes my bleeds tick for 2 more points per tick. But with the changes to transmutations and such there are still multiple sets of substandard gear in my inventory that should be salvagable.

The arguments about the TP being sent into convulsions with all the new material being injected into the market would simply expedite the forced deflation of the tp economy that Anet is maneuvering towards and it wouldn’t have that big of an effect except on a few specific markets.

in WvW

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

Exotic is no longer best-in-slot, that part is true. To be substandard though, a majority of other players would have to be in Ascended gear. Considering the price, I’m not sure we’re to that point yet.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Exotic is no longer best-in-slot, that part is true. To be substandard though, a majority of other players would have to be in Ascended gear. Considering the price, I’m not sure we’re to that point yet.

And I’m sure, many aren’t even caring about getting it, as it’s stat boost is somewhat subpar…

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Agreed. I have multiple posts on the same topic.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.