WvW on the right path - Thank you devs

in WvW

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

Where did u get this info? They should start reading the forums and they would understand what they have to do with WvW – starting with taking back old maps.

lolz, NO

New maps are VERY welcomed!

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

You’re completely understanding about your order at McDonalds being screwed up too, Never cut a truck driver off on the way home? Look, nice long line at the grocery store, no problem!

Well I AM Canadian

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Where did u get this info? They should start reading the forums and they would understand what they have to do with WvW – starting with taking back old maps.

lolz, NO

Agreed.
I want what we already have but Anet aren’t using
variety

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Until I see real meaningful changes, this is just Anet pandering to players because a massive new triple A MMO just launched.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

You’re completely understanding about your order at McDonalds being screwed up too, Never cut a truck driver off on the way home? Look, nice long line at the grocery store, no problem!

Well I AM Canadian

Attachments:

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Until I see real meaningful changes, this is just Anet pandering to players because a massive new triple A MMO just launched.

Hope you are not talking about that grind pve for endless hours just to pvp game. That game where you get penalties for PK’ing people and have to grind more to reduce it. That game that probably has more to do in PVE than PVP. That game where the high level gear grinders with always be better than you..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

which are you referring to? b&s? you know thats also ncsoft right, i mean im sure theres inter-company competition but i doubt its more then some feather ruffling.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

gennyt.3428

Hope you are not talking about that grind pve for endless hours just to pvp game. That game where you get penalties for PK’ing people and have to grind more to reduce it. That game that probably has more to do in PVE than PVP. That game where the high level gear grinders with always be better than you..

If you’re talking about BDO then yes. Lineage II had a similar system and a lot of people played that for a very long time. Whether BDO can stand the test of time and their playerbase won’t get “Trioned” is up in the air. Either way that wasn’t my point. It’s a huge, new game and it’s getting a lot of attention. The chances that after all the indifference and dodging that Anet engaging the players concerning WvWvW now isn’t just pandering are slim to none in my book. But we shall see, right?

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

That’s exactly the reason they’ve suddenly all showed up to “communicate.” They’ve done precisely the same thing every single time a competitor launches. And every single time: three weeks later, they completely vanish back into thin air.

But this time it’s for real, right?

in WvW

gennyt.3428

which are you referring to? b&s? you know thats also ncsoft right, i mean im sure theres inter-company competition but i doubt its more then some feather ruffling.

For some reason I just saw this. I believe BnS didn’t spur Anet into PR posturing for that very reason. BDO is actual competition. On on hand there is no RvR there (there is GvG) but that doesn’t matter if people are being entertained and becoming invested anyway. I can bet money that the person who’s logging into GW2 for dailies and the occasional raid/roam probably isn’t going to bother with buying gems. That sad thing is, I still want to play GW2 WvWvW but it’s devolved into such a kitten show that whole matchups go by and I don’t log in.

That’s exactly the reason they’ve suddenly all showed up to “communicate.” They’ve done precisely the same thing every single time a competitor launches. And every single time: three weeks later, they completely vanish back into thin air.

But this time it’s for real, right?

They broke their silence to again say “soon”. Again. It’s just saddening to see something that was vibrant and competitive in spite of developer neglect just thin out and shamble along like this. Between the websites, videos, tools, events and communications, WvWvW players already had the kind of passion that Anet has been trying to force into sPvP by throwing money at it. All of that went untapped and now all we get is lame duck PR that’s tantamount to “we didn’t know what the kitten we were doing”.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

C’mon people, BDO is a farce until they change the cap on “grind mindless mobs” to upgrade items or make enchanting stat gains taper off sharply. If someone is higher geared due to grinding more hours, they can instagib multiple people at once in GvG. Overseas the enchant system goes to +20 already ; its PvP will die once they lose influx of players because of gear imbalance.

That is why I have always felt ascended items should have been normalized in WvW , btw. The weapons give +5% damage over exotics , for one.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

C’mon people, BDO is a farce until they change the cap on “grind mindless mobs” to upgrade items or make enchanting stat gains taper off sharply. If someone is higher geared due to grinding more hours, they can instagib multiple people at once in GvG. Overseas the enchant system goes to +20 already ; its PvP will die once they lose influx of players because of gear imbalance.

That is why I have always felt ascended items should have been normalized in WvW , btw. The weapons give +5% damage over exotics , for one.

I am not getting any hopes up for DBO due to who makes it. Sadly Korean games are usually grinders, Pay to win, and usually become bot farms sooner or later. In addition, due to region locks, you cannot play with friends and family all over the world. That is a deal breaker for many who have friends and family in the military they play with that are stationed all over the world. One of my guilds is all military and that makes that game unplayable for them as well as many others. Unless something changes drastically, I am probably holding out until Camelot unchained.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

It is a change we have asked for, it is out in the open and they given us information, and they shall have credit for this. Them talking to us giving info is a big step, that we have asked and begged for, for years.

How ever i will wait this out. I been disappointed before and until the talks turn in to actions i wont put much effort in to hopes and hypes. It is definitely a good start and something we wanted for so long and i appreciate it so far and that is as much as you get from me at this point.

no, why credit should be given when all they gave are talks? We need results, no kittening words that mean nothing.

You need to re-read what i wrote because your answer do not in any way or situation suit the context. In the grown up world when you been argue for a long while about things, there has to be a time were you break off and something changes, and the people involved need to give time for the changes to fall in to place, as in give time for them to prove their talk.
Throwing your self on the floor screaming i want to see changes NAOW is not going to make a difference, the changes will fall in to place and we will then see if they can deliver or if the talk was just cheap. In mean while you have to accept that it wont solve in 2 min.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

It is a change we have asked for, it is out in the open and they given us information, and they shall have credit for this. Them talking to us giving info is a big step, that we have asked and begged for, for years.

How ever i will wait this out. I been disappointed before and until the talks turn in to actions i wont put much effort in to hopes and hypes. It is definitely a good start and something we wanted for so long and i appreciate it so far and that is as much as you get from me at this point.

no, why credit should be given when all they gave are talks? We need results, no kittening words that mean nothing.

You need to re-read what i wrote because your answer do not in any way or situation suit the context. In the grown up world when you been argue for a long while about things, there has to be a time were you break off and something changes, and the people involved need to give time for the changes to fall in to place, as in give time for them to prove their talk.
Throwing your self on the floor screaming i want to see changes NAOW is not going to make a difference, the changes will fall in to place and we will then see if they can deliver or if the talk was just cheap. In mean while you have to accept that it wont solve in 2 min.

Players venting here have been waiting years, not 2 minutes. This is just their " final stand" before they all give up and leave. The HoT maps were deserted during Beta testing, and they knew this and still released them. That was their bad call and they still have not corrected it, It isn’t like these problems started yesterday.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Leaa.2943

Players venting here have been waiting years, not 2 minutes. This is just their " final stand" before they all give up and leave. The HoT maps were deserted during Beta testing, and they knew this and still released them. That was their bad call and they still have not corrected it, It isn’t like these problems started yesterday.

I been waiting for 3.5 years, so it is not that i don’t understand what you are asking for, if you read my old messages you will see that i am one of them that also have asked for it for long. But never the less, what we have asked for, have happened, it might be that it will fail in the end and talk is cheap, but we do need to give time and see if they follow through. Throwing garbage at them when they took the first step, is not going to work. It is like a relationship that gone bad, it need work and patience from both sides. and if you don’t have the patience, then maybe it is time you break up with the game or at least take a break.

I am not saying that i am blindly believing in this and that all is buried and forgotten, but time will tell if what they started is lasting and something that will be a norm in future. For that they need more then 2 min.

in WvW

Stand The Wall.6987

snip

Oh ok BDO. That game looks pretty sweet, but if the gear grind is too much then my interest would fade quickly. I’m all for a little grind, I mean at the end of the day thats one of the only ways to introduce progression in an mmo. Sad but true.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I been waiting for 3.5 years, so it is not that i don’t understand what you are asking for, if you read my old messages you will see that i am one of them that also have asked for it for long. But never the less, what we have asked for, have happened, it might be that it will fail in the end and talk is cheap, but we do need to give time and see if they follow through. Throwing garbage at them when they took the first step, is not going to work. It is like a relationship that gone bad, it need work and patience from both sides. and if you don’t have the patience, then maybe it is time you break up with the game or at least take a break.

I am not saying that i am blindly believing in this and that all is buried and forgotten, but time will tell if what they started is lasting and something that will be a norm in future. For that they need more then 2 min.

Maybe people are ruffled because of Anet’s lack of urgency? If Anet stated something along the lines of “Wow, you folks really hate the new map, huh? Well don’t worry, we heard you and are working hard to give you back the Alpine Borderlands back! You can expect it within a month.” See, that would have went over extremely well. Instead they spoke of population imbalance which should be at a far less priority than fixing the maps.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: DeLys.5380

DeLys.5380

Well, I disagree that population imbalance is a less priority than fixing the maps. Population imbalance is the #1 priority in WvW. It’s what’s killing it off right now. A lot of WvW players have left the game due to this main issue, in Tier 1 and 2. They really need to eliminate the WvW in lower tiers and only have Tiers 1-4, and then cap the WvW population evenly, unless they plan to begin the long awaited “alliance system.” If the “Alliance System” is further out than 30 days, they need to fix the population imbalance NOW, or there will be no WvW left to fix, really, at least on the main tiers.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

lolz, NO

Welcomed by a tiny minority.. if you saw that petition, on first day 150 people supported it.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

If you do not take this chance to make constructive suggestions, then you give up the right to QQ.

That said, we need more information from Anet before we can provide useful feedback. If we do not know the plans then all of our suggestions are based on what exists right now. When planning a major overhaul, everything could change and our ideas could be invalid. I look forward to the upcoming blog post and hope that it comes sooner rather than later so our ideas can be included in the design process rather than just during beta tests.

I have waited years for a WvW overhaul. Keep calm and carry on for the next month (or so) until we get more information so we can discuss the positives/negatives and work with the devs to improve WvW in a way that benefits all of us.

1. The forums are full of constructive suggestions; anet never even comments on them
2. Agreed, information should definitely be shared before the beta phases.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Well, I disagree that population imbalance is a less priority than fixing the maps. Population imbalance is the #1 priority in WvW. It’s what’s killing it off right now. A lot of WvW players have left the game due to this main issue, in Tier 1 and 2. They really need to eliminate the WvW in lower tiers and only have Tiers 1-4, and then cap the WvW population evenly, unless they plan to begin the long awaited “alliance system.” If the “Alliance System” is further out than 30 days, they need to fix the population imbalance NOW, or there will be no WvW left to fix, really, at least on the main tiers.

Unless you fix the reasons why these players left, no matter how you manipulate the population, the mode will still Bleed. Some of just have a bigger blood pool than others, lol.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: DeLys.5380

DeLys.5380

Yes, and I said the reason they are leaving is due to population imbalance making WvW unplayable for some servers.

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

Yes, and I said the reason they are leaving is due to population imbalance making WvW unplayable for some servers.

Well for this Exodus yes but not what has caused the ones before.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

I got the impression it was the other way around – that the latest exodus was mainly over new and unimproved gameplay rather than population balance.

Balance has been the root of the problem from day 1 though. WvW didn’t hold interest because winning doesn’t matter, and ANet could never make winning matter because bandwagoning would make that horribly unfair.

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

HoT did cause it and the result is population loss. It’s not about winning, it’s about Fights, right…Right!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

We’ve had CDI’s (or whatever they were called) for WvW over a year ago? We’ve had adopt a dev. We’ve had multiple years of constructive, good feedback mixed in amongst the vitriol.

Unfortunaltey, there have been so many good players and WvW guilds that have left, that the quality of the feedback they will get now will be from casual players. There are very few quality WvW guilds, and when I say quality, I mean guilds that run with specific builds, specific group comp, are able to follow directions, stay on the tag, move as a unit and understand this is a team sport.

The new maps are the least of the problems. Some of you have been doing nothing but kittening about them endlessly and whenever you can. We see you. You are a minority. People have accepted the new maps. Yes, they have their issues, but the players that are left are either dedicated WvWers or casuals who don’t care or know any better. They just want to play the game.

The bigger issues are population imbalance, lack of population, power creep, class imbalance, the pve grind needed to unlock your elite (there are a lot of WvWers that hate pve and just won’t do it), and the astronomical cost and grind to upgrade your guild to be competative (this is a hugekitten that favors big pvx guilds over small and medium WvW guilds.

I know guilds that didn’t even play for more than a week after HoT came out because of the above issues. People don’t complain much about these issues because they know Anet doesn’t listen and will do what they want. They’re not forum warriors, they’re gamers.

And along the lines of forum warriors, I’ve gotten a lot of infractions lately for speaking my mind. My posts have been deleted and my forum account suspened. This lack of freedom of speech has done a lot to drive me away from the game as well as the game itself. Not only does it show that I can’t speak my mind, but that someone is reading the forums. Also, if you notice, the forums have also a lot less activity. The replies are over 24 hours in the threads that are on the bottom of page 1. This forum used to be so active that you wouldn’t see that until the bottom of page 2 or top of 3.

I myself, and others, have posted some excellent ideas about how to fix population issues and maps 2 years ago. Let that sink in. 2 years. We’ve known about the populations problems starting that long ago.

(BTW, just gonna re-iterate one of my ideas here. Skip to the next paragraph if you don’t care. One of the issues is the current meta. There isn’t enough of a population to fill 3 maps of the same type that holds 240 people. There should just be tri-balanced maps like EB and EotM designed. Also, they should have different sizes and design them to different populations. EB is for 360 (120 per side). Future, tri-balanced maps should be made for 80 per side, 60, and 40. If there are ques on every map, then a low population map instance will open up. Their sizes and objectives should reflect that. Eliminate all servers and create 6 or 9 brand new ones with new names for new server identiy. Anyway, you get the idea hopefully. Search my history for more details if you actually give a crap)

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Attachments:

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

(edited by Spurnshadow.3678)

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

BDO will not kill GW2.

Gw2 will suicide…

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

i would love for these fangirling forumers eat what they’re saying about being optimistic of ANet.

I will never forget that smirking face of that “directionless director” when he smugly said “Typically, if you’re in to WvW, you’re really in to PvE”.

To this day, that video still haunts my nightmares, and that how the game mode i loved, has gone so far down the drain because we are PvEers in his eyes.

Until ANet realizes that this kitten -head is what’s dragging everyone down, and get rid of him, i will just be waiting on the sidelines, looking skeptical at every word ever said here, or in reddit.

in WvW

Stand The Wall.6987

I will never forget that smirking face of that “directionless director” when he smugly said “Typically, if you’re in to WvW, you’re really in to PvE”.

If youre talking about mike thats not going to happen within anet, seeing as he is the head honcho. If ncsoft wanted to they wouldve by now.

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in WvW

Leaa.2943

Maybe people are ruffled because of Anet’s lack of urgency? If Anet stated something along the lines of “Wow, you folks really hate the new map, huh? Well don’t worry, we heard you and are working hard to give you back the Alpine Borderlands back! You can expect it within a month.” See, that would have went over extremely well. Instead they spoke of population imbalance which should be at a far less priority than fixing the maps.

They spoke of a lot of things including the alpine border and why it was not in rotation as it was suppose to be.

It is not that i don’t understand the argument or why people are upset, i am just as upset and been for a long while. But even so, we have asked an begged for years for them to communicate with us. This have now happened, and it might not been the greatest way they said things, and it might be that all goes to kitten and it was just empty words again, but there lies my point, this wont happen over night, they need time to show us they mean it.

I prefer giving them this time, then that the communication we begged for never happen and we would be at the same spot frustrated asking why do they not talk to us.

What they could/would/should have done is not interesting, what is interesting is if this will be something they will continue to do. If they will involve us before things are written in stone, if the beta tests will matter, if they will listen to us when we tell them what we need and what we don’t need and so on.

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

They spoke of a lot of things including the alpine border and why it was not in rotation as it was suppose to be.

It is not that i don’t understand the argument or why people are upset, i am just as upset and been for a long while. But even so, we have asked an begged for years for them to communicate with us. This have now happened, and it might not been the greatest way they said things, and it might be that all goes to kitten and it was just empty words again, but there lies my point, this wont happen over night, they need time to show us they mean it.

I prefer giving them this time, then that the communication we begged for never happen and we would be at the same spot frustrated asking why do they not talk to us.

What they could/would/should have done is not interesting, what is interesting is if this will be something they will continue to do. If they will involve us before things are written in stone, if the beta tests will matter, if they will listen to us when we tell them what we need and what we don’t need and so on.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Invitational-Statement-from-John-Corpening-game-director-for-World-vs-World/first

Sticky up top back from August. Pretty much the same thing said on Rededit, lol.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

Population imbalance is as much the result as the cause.

in WvW

Leaa.2943

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Invitational-Statement-from-John-Corpening-game-director-for-World-vs-World/first

Sticky up top back from August. Pretty much the same thing said on Rededit, lol.

Ok you clearly do not get my point, so i am going to talk to you as if you were very very very young. I have read every single post about wvw since the beginning of the game. I played wvw since the beginning of the game, and it is my first choice of game mode. So posting something that have been said from today and 3.5 years back is not going to change my point. I know whats been said, whats been promised, whats been done because i been there all that time.

I agree that the passed have been kitten. Communication have been total kitten, next to nothing and devs have not listen to the core players of the game mode. This have hurt wvw and the reason to why we bleed players today. There have been attempt of talks a few times (easy counted on my two hands and mostly about kittenty little things that changed nothing) and after that nothing.

With that said this was then, as in the past, as in not now, not today, not this minute, but passed time. Passed time you can not do a single kitten about. It is impossible since we do not have time travel. What we have now, is today. And today new attempt been done with a new (or rather “for now”) Game Director. It is obvious that they want to make sure that the players that was worried about Collin leaving would not mean that the game is gonna go down. But even with this in mind, their talks have been more transparent then ever before. This is a good thing. It does not mean that all is forgotten and that we buy everything they say, nor does it mean it can not be done better, but the thing is with the grown up world is that you can simply not make a 100% change in one go and expect anyone to believe in this. We need time to prove to us that they did mean something, that they do want to be more transparent and have more communication. We need time, they need time, nothing will be proven or changed without time.

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

Keep up the faith…

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

With that said this was then, as in the past, as in not now, not today, not this minute, but passed time. Passed time you can not do a single kitten about. It is impossible since we do not have time travel. What we have now, is today. And today new attempt been done with a new (or rather “for now”) Game Director.

Couldn’t resist…

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Patch notes add so much for www
World vs. World
Trebuchet: “Fire Rotting Cow” attacks now display a red ring at their impact site where the poison field is active.
Lowlands Keep: Increased the size of the Guild Objective Aura radius to at least slightly extend past all of the walls.
Valley Keep: Increased the size of the Guild Objective Aura radius to at least slightly extend past all of the walls.

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

Woot, we can now dodge the Cows!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

gennyt.3428

Woot, we can now dodge the Cows!!!

Tumbleweeds can’t fire trebuchets.

:P That’s my doom and gloom for today (probably not).

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

display a red ring

Now only if half the AoE skills displayed properly. Like “Hunter’s Ward” instead of the constant “WTF???” moments of why can’t I move. The new WvW lead needs to clamp down on Karl and get things better balanced and working in WvW.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

BDO is basically AA with lipstick and a better haircut. It’s crap.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Leaa.2943

With that said this was then, as in the past, as in not now, not today, not this minute, but passed time. Passed time you can not do a single kitten about. It is impossible since we do not have time travel. What we have now, is today. And today new attempt been done with a new (or rather “for now”) Game Director.

Couldn’t resist…

Hahaha that made me laugh