WvWy’s 2012 - who was your favorite opponent in 2012?

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Ferguson’s Crossing. They’re been dealt a bad hand for awhile now and still put out great fights week after week. It’s one thing to never get out of T8 like Kain; it’s an entirely different beast to be in a higher tier then fall into T8 and be stuck there for months and still have the morale these guys do. They’re nothing if not tenacious, have great defensive strats, and I just love ’em, what can I say? I hope they get the transfers in or the balanced match-up they deserve soon.

eta: maybe op should make a poll for people who don’t want to login to the forums or don’t feel like attaching a message with the vote? might get more responses that way.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

(edited by SHAKA ZULU.3128)

in WvW

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

Piken

An Error Prevented Saving:
•Message Body length must at least be 15.

now its fking 15 lenght

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

in WvW

Posted by: Karg.2381

Karg.2381

Kaineng. But im from Devona so their can be no other choice.

They always gave us a good fight both on the battlefield and in the forums.

SoR

in WvW

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

My favorite opponent in 2012 was AM (Abaddon’s Mouth) with especially [ARMY]. The reason for this server is because we always was outnumbered and I actually enjoyed it. It wasn’t the 1 to 10 way, but more like 1 to 3. Which I find really fun!
I also have another favorite opponent and that is Jade Sea with [PHX] those guys always had some nice magic up in their sleeves!

This is servers from the EU as I play on an EU-server myself.

I’ve had loads of fun the past months in gw2 and I hope the rest of you guys aswell Hope for a lot more fun in the next year!

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Devona’s Rest for me. There’s just something fundamentally cool about knowing you can run for less than two minutes in any direction on any map and find a great fight.

Perhaps in the near future as the rankings settle out, we’ll meet up again.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: nalenb.1425

nalenb.1425

2 votes – whomever made the 41 golems destroyed by fire and whomever made the wvwvmoose

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Random Weirdness.6750

Random Weirdness.6750

I liked fighting Yak’s Bend the most. I was sad to see them leave T3 when they did I enjoyed the battles

in WvW

Posted by: ElDudemeister.5108

ElDudemeister.5108

Maguuma. They are tough, relentless opponents. We have to come up with some pretty creative strategies to make progress against these guys and their at times overwhelming numbers. In addition to their massive zergs, they’ve got a couple good WvW guilds, most notably AoN. They’re the first crew that made my guild sit up and take notice, and with good reason.

I’m having a good time against Maguuma and can’t wait for the rematch.

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

YB and DB for this week.

Minus the extracurricular shenanigans by nefarious individuals… the match up has been solid in T4.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Aysnvaust.7046

Aysnvaust.7046

My wife.
She still is the one boss that remaines undefeated…

Poke Menot
Asura Thief
Elona Reach

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

My wife.
She still is the one boss that remaines undefeated…

That isn’t going to change any time this century.

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

Gunnars Hold when we were both getting a spanking from Aurora Glade we still met up for some awesome fights. You guys are very noble opponents and now that we have both had big guilds jump ship to AG lets hope for some epic action next week when we meet again.
Got lots of respect for you guys!

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

Our current match-up against BG and TC. For the first 5 days it was a consistent flux of who was in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Until the holidays started to hit and people started working once again and all that good stuff.

Either way it has been a blast playing against both servers.

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

eta: maybe op should make a poll for people who don’t want to login to the forums or don’t feel like attaching a message with the vote? might get more responses that way.

I’m not sure there’s an accurate way of counting other than with a vote written by the unique player name here … but good news! Was approached by a fellow player who’s willing to make this a live feed awards ceremony all fancy and stuff for next year!

So keep on voting!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Roughneck.2509

Roughneck.2509

Yaks and DB for no other reason than this week’s matchup. When I’ve been able to get on its been very entertaining.

in WvW

Posted by: BlooDEvil.4126

BlooDEvil.4126

blue invader
red defender
green invader….

:(
still miss the kitten names….something SO simple that we all MISS A LOT!

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

SBI by a mile. They taught me the meaning of getting owned, and I enjoyed every minute of it … LoD hammer trains and all.

Honorable mention goes out to Yak’s Bend when my server (Blackgate) was down in T4 or T5 (I can’t remember) way back when. Those guys were a class act on and off the battlefield.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Emhry Bay without a doubt. They’re the only other server I’ve seen that has a decent roaming population. This matchup has been so much less enjoyable without being able to count on the EB guys for good fights.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

Just a quick message to let you know that I have merged two threads that were dealing with the same issue. Please, feel free to keep on posting and sharing your thoughts about your favourite match-up opponent during this year.

in WvW

Posted by: Jupitus.4352

Jupitus.4352

We’ve had some great match ups, but I have to go with Piken Square – good fair tactics and great fights!

/Salute

[MM]Jessopia – Soft and Very Squishy – Part of Gunnars Hold Community
www.gunnars-hold.eu

in WvW

Posted by: Boom.9304

Boom.9304

I’ll throw in my vote for Yak’s Bend – by and large the invaders I’m still most fond of. During our matchups they were gracious and skilled, even especially when vastly outnumbered by either FA or by our own toasties.

Boomkins / Ayvaree
Bringer of Hellfire & “Dirtnapping Diva”
Leader, Transcendent Veneration [TV] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

For me darkhaven was by far the most fun to fight in the multiple servers I’ve played against, very skilled and good group…plus fight club

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

2 Favorite Opponents, having been on Far Shiverpeaks since launch:
Motivation: Put up a great fight, and gave us a fresh breath of air when we were pitted against each other.
Servers: Elona Reach (came into T1 and kicked kitten which resulted in our later demise)
and Piken Square, especially Boon.

I wish to fight you all again!

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

in WvW

Posted by: Mushy.3964

Mushy.3964

Piken Square hands down, tactic’s employed where amazing, organisation between the Guilds amazing #& for a sever that doesn’t have the biggest night crew they went up the ranks very fast for a small RP server.

Most other server’s I have been against just Zerg about like mindless zombie’s or don’t do anything prime time EU & wait till 3-4am to cap everything as the rest sleep.

Officer of Vitas
WvW Squad Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Cosine.1786

Cosine.1786

Probably Yak’s Bend for being incredibly tenacious and entertaining to spar against, and awfully good sports whether winning or losing.

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Eredon. Hell, I’m a Ferg man, so I know that outnumbered feeling … but these gents and ladies are outright pitbulls. Our low-pop nights are prolly > their high-pop, and they get frigging sneaky – pullin biz like 2-to-4 point feints, before going to hit one spot. It’s been a helluva ride, tbh, and I love it.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Elthuzar.9478

Elthuzar.9478

Hands down, Darkhaven and the Half Naked Norn. Still the most memorable match when we were down to 1000 points between all three servers in the final hours of our week long battle.

The Painted Norn of [WILD]We Intercept Lost Dolyaks

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Tarnished coast without a doubt. Great class, and they NEVER give up. It’s always a blast fighting them. And I’ve never seen a TC member brag about kills. These guys are always fun to play against.

in WvW

Posted by: Commisar.8695

Commisar.8695

In my mind as a maguuma player that wakes up at 10am GMT, it’s got to be dragonbrand simply because I’m such a masochist. By far NNK is one of the most efficient guilds I’ve seen in a long time. They’ll flip a fully upgraded map (see yak’s bend cry at night) in a half hour. Best fights are fights you’re destined to lose and the only thing you can hope to do is hold out until the sun rises in taiwan

Colhearthlevel80ThiefWithAPet/BearhearthThe BoldLevel55BubbleTank/TushyhearthLevel18 CloneRPBot.

in WvW

Posted by: Ejiofor.4801

Ejiofor.4801

I nominate Yak’s Bend. This server is the epitomy of class, both in game and on this forum. For the number of players they have, they put up a massive fight and are fierce defenders of their realm. On the forums, they are nothing but ladies and gentlemen and participate in discussions respectfully. (CD is a close second for me for similar reasons).

This right here. I second the nomination of YAK’S BEND. Had some memorable clashes with these folks. First time I jumped in WvW, and fought(and lost) to a Yak’s Bend Player, he did a /salute. This type of attitude is consistent with this ‘sleeper’ Server. Watch for some amazing gameplay by these folks!

Gearstrip Jones, Engineer, Borlis Pass, [KPUP]
“Which Lo Pan? Little ol’ basket case on wheels, or the ten-foot-tall roadblock?!”
-Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China

in WvW

Posted by: CarelessKrow.8032

CarelessKrow.8032

Isle of Janthir.

The one week you came to Tier 1 was really fun for everyone, because I saw a lot of fighting spirit.

[AoS] Army of Shepherds | Jade Quarry
That thief shooting rainbows at you? That’s me.

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

I think my vote for the EU bracket would go to Far Shiverpeaks.

Even though they are like #19 right now, they held up with Vizunah in T1 for a really long time compared to any other server that ever got into T1 to fight Vizunah. And a lot of the old FSP players are in servers that are now in T1 and T2.

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in WvW

Posted by: Lazy Mesmer.7923

Lazy Mesmer.7923

Overall it’s got to be Piken for me. Great organisation and skills, with a sporting and friendly attitude to match. I really hope the Gunnar’s get to play against them again at some point

I have a lot of respect for Whiteside and Ruins of Surmia as well though, the fights I’ve had against them have been thoroughly enjoyable.

Klaev
[PRXM] Praxium

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

I think Maguuma is a pretty cool guy. eh constructed ramelot and doesn’t afraid of anything.

FA wants a bromance with Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

Unlimited [UTLD] from Fort Aspenwood… during our short visit on Yak’s Bend, I really liked to see the way they rolled on the field.

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

Well … Atm gw2 ladder is only determinate by population and night/morningcapping.. So the “top” serv are not the most interesting to fight generally…

I think Auld Alliance when they were on Augury Rock was (very) far above the rest.

EU serv are too changing follwing defeat or win… FS, RS have completely disappeared, Deso same with the leave of Ruins to BT ( Ruins are really the best joke of gw2 … ) but they make a good comeback. SFR .. need to see what happing when PRX leave.. ( even if they are worse than Ruins.. )

VS are the most stable server in EU ladder atm, high population all the time ( unfortunately it’s the only matter in gw2 ladder… ), not the most interesting to fight ofc, but some interesting battles. They manage to stay in the top since the launch and never go in T2 ( great stuff of some VS lead about keeping a stable PU basis, very impressive vs all the other serv. ) all the other serv trying to beat them fall one by one..

- VS is the best serv in gw2 since the launch, can make some good fight occasionally and stay with a good population.
- Auld Alliance give us the most interesting fight in gw2, far before all the rest.
- RG was impressive to, and all the guild trying to copy past their gamestyle are quite ridiculous vs the original. ( CIR are too close of you ! )

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

We at FA love Maguuma

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Khylrion.2718

Khylrion.2718

Piken Square … great peeps, great guilds, great tactics … resulting in fun and honourable fights

in WvW

Posted by: OrangeMint.7980

OrangeMint.7980

for me it would have to be: Gate of Madness

they give the best fights anyone can ask for, battles are very fun. Battle of the camp ;D

in WvW

Posted by: Cybertx.6714

Cybertx.6714

The server with the Best spirit (both NA/EU):

Friendliest server NA (for NA guys only): TC

Friendliest server EU (for EU guys only): Blacktide before transfers

Top Guild NA(the guild that when you encountered was always loyal to their server fought hard and was respectful): prob Pink from TC, UlTD skillwise is good too

Top Guild EU (above but EU): RG skill wise and xaos is a scary organized zerg.

Best server NA : TC and SoS very respectful and skilled players.

Best Server EU: Blacktide (before transfer) amazing community and FSP really good skill only match to the french and germans

Best overall server: Skillwise prob Blacktide they have most of the top FSP guilds which complemented some of the blacktide guilds(they already had great guilds there before transfers), community wise i like TC they seem to be very respectful in general in the forums or in game.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Gates of Madness, I freaking love those guys. Under populated and yet they still do their best to fight against impossible odds.

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

I think Maguuma is a pretty cool guy. eh constructed ramelot and doesn’t afraid of anything.

FA wants a bromance with Maguuma

FA and Maguuma should form a Megazord <3

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: MrZigwah.2165

MrZigwah.2165

Piken Square fo’ sho’

War Dad KISS Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Cyril.1486

Cyril.1486

Not really too bothered about server or who wins on points as long as the action is thick and creamy its all good, guilds interest me more than servers.

Guilds that stood out to me over the last 12 months and had good battles with them.
Not in any order.
OSC, MOS, ZDS, GF. OPT and most recently VOTF.

Cant wait to get the ball back rolling after the new year. Have a good one.

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

SBI, because I believe that a plurality of their membership demonstrate remarkable humor in the face of adversity, poise in the face of indignity, and humility in victory.

My SBI siblings hold me to a higher standard than the other competition and remarkably, they expect me to return the favor. Together, I believe we make a better battlefield and living landscape.

SBI is fun to fight. But SBI is also fun to occasionally stare at… point at… laugh at… and even skip and go naked through the forest with! Or stand in a damp jumping puzzle tunnel surrounded by smelly, drooling, “sorrowful” souls.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

Ebay – They were the funnest because you could always find good fights with small groups, not just huge zergs running around.

I have to give a shout out to the only guild that gave a full OG group a run for its money [LZBO] lezbian seagulls I think. I don’t remember which server they were on but they definitely gave us the most intense fair fight.

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Tarnished Coast, they greatly outnumbered us but conducted themselves well both in game and here.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

I nominate SoS because they’re the only server to really challenge SoR’s NA Prime time. We lack the numbers around the clock, but I hope to one day be back against SoS for some real top notch fighting. I’ve also played with/against 80% of SoS’s guild since most of them were transfers from Dragonbrand server. So I do know how respectful they can be, and how tactical they are.

Unfortunately that isn’t the case anymore as 50% of the guilds you probably faced have moved on, lured by the temptation of new and similar games like Planetside 2, merged with other guilds or moved to other servers.

I nominate TC for most friendly server, SoR for the most tenacious during NA prime, and IoJ for the most spirited server.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

in WvW

Posted by: Fanfaron.6109

Fanfaron.6109

EU player here

VS – best “point gainer” server
Xaoc – best forces to push up servers
RG – best guild

and i miss Octoberfest’s Elona, hope u come same power now

Happy New Year guys

[ZDs] Fanfaron, fieldcommander

in WvW

Posted by: ViRuE.3612

ViRuE.3612

Piken Square in EU, good guild, strong community, well skilled.

Whiteside Ridge close runners up (they have some highly skilled players it was a challenge to fight, they just need more of em).

Honorable mention to Gunnars Hold – some great people on that server.

For NA… hard to call, Garnished Toast were good and fair while I liked the spirit of Ehmry Bay.