Posted by: KayOz.3750

KayOz.3750

And…still no hotfix.

Millershund!

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: lemora.1304

lemora.1304

Oh how I miss the old WvW devs. This game wasn’t nearly as bad until Devon came on board

Lv 80 Guardian , Warrior, Elementalist, Necromancer and Mesmer
[GoF] of Blackgate

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Oh how I miss the old WvW devs. This game wasn’t nearly as bad until Devon came on board

Devon isn’t a dev, but good try.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

lemora.1304

Doesn’t matter. He’s in charge of WvW now and there’s been nothing but outrage

[GoF] of Blackgate

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

A lot of people share your view, but it is not one person’s fault.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Thanks for the free 5 flips of CD’s valley ANet.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

It’s the QA department’s fault, if you ask me. They continually allow changes in that haven’t been adequately tested, and regression bugs run rampant every time a release comes out.

They need a huge overhaul.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Eliandal.8735

Eliandal.8735

Thanks for the free 5 flips of CD’s valley ANet.

What else are people supposed to do

I tell people now to upgrade nothing but cannons – at least they’ll get some Wexp and loot – before porting out and then retaking!

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Hoka.7930

Hoka.7930

Actually i dont mind siege is not working the game is called " Guild Wars" not Siege Wars.

Second Law[Scnd] Hoka
Mesmer: Purify Ur Senses

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

We attempted using omegas for defense.

It was horrendously ineffective, but awesome.

Also, no siege sure is fun when the enemy massively outnumbers you.

Omega’s, when used in a zerg, actually put out some nice dps

Attachments:

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Except that most people don’t.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Laii.2780

Devon is very commutative, much more so then the person before him, don’t discourage him! Sure, traps were >terrible,< and we’re still waiting for some exciting map changes, but Devon probably isn’t a programer and can’t make the siege fix come out any faster ~ ; ;.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

lemora.1304

If he’s so communicative why didn’t he tell anyone about the buffs to arrow carts beforehand? Or the implementation of traps? Face it these people at Anet are off in their own little world where everything is rainbows and unicorns.

[GoF] of Blackgate

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Fanboy!!!. Any normal mmo when they find a problem like this (Siege is basic for wvw) they just tunr off the area, map, etc… till they fix it, and normally they fix it in a few hour no a few days. This is just the lack of respect that anet has toward the wvw community.

And funnily enough I would actually think that people would whine even more if they turned off WvW. WvW is still very much playable, it just focuses more on open fighting than taking towers.

Different games have different code-structure, and also different issues and therefore takes different kind of time to fix. Quite logical.
Personally I have seen quite a few other MMOs where issues that made certain content in the game completely unplayable have been left into the game until the next big update.

Seriously, how many alts does Gaile Gray have?

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

nah thats not true.he answers way more in the forums and really seems to try his best. attacking him like this is a little unfair.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

If he’s so communicative why didn’t he tell anyone about the buffs to arrow carts beforehand? Or the implementation of traps? Face it these people at Anet are off in their own little world where everything is rainbows and unicorns.

This statement couldn’t be any more pedantic. Arrow Carts were mentioned beforehand, so were other various things. While Devon has been on board, the Glicko Ghetto was temp fixed while they came up with a solution to implement Glicko2 like it was originally designed for, which is HUGE for matches.

Blaming one person for the failure the QA department (yet kittening again), just further displays your failure to not only comprehend how design and development works but your inadequacy to weigh in on the argument other than to kitten for the sake of kittening.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Three words – Public Test Realm.

It amazes me that sweeping changes are apparently made without playtesting.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Rizter.1730

Rizter.1730

whasts going on O.o why cant we drop anything??

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And it amazes me how preachers of the PTRs seems to ignore the fact that they usually don’t help anyway.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

Fort Aspenwood is not happy We could have held first place if it wasn’t for this bug! Thanks A-net for working hard to get this problem fixed!

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Laii.2780

Fort Aspenwood is not happy We could have held first place if it wasn’t for this bug! Thanks A-net for working hard to get this problem fixed!

You guys did an amazing job holding your Overlook Keep las night in EB for as long as you did, with little to no siege ; A ;.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

pulsecodesgnl.3470

The same thing happened with SF last night, we were holding the lead through the week, the second we lost siege those golem zergs just flopped us and IoJ with having no real deterrent.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

I hope the bug fix will be implemented soon.

WvW has become golem-and-gigantic-zerg wars 2 since yesterday. >__<;;;

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Can you imagine what will happen on reset night if this doesn’t get fixed.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

Fix your game.

I cannot believe you still cannot drop siege.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Can you imagine what will happen on reset night if this doesn’t get fixed.

I know right.

May the ones with the most golems, biggest zerg and finest PvDoor skill win the game.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Yuhi Mortel.2609

Yuhi Mortel.2609

No arrow cart, not bad this patch ^^

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

We’ve found a bug in the siege cap and are working on addressing the problem as soon as we can.

Gee you don’t say… pat that QA guy on the back for us will ya.. impressive stuff.

Or maybe it was intended so’s to eliminate DL’s use of zoom hacking on tower siege

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I’m mostly shocked at the lack of any communication since the initial “Oh, we’re looking into it”. If it’s going to be a couple of days, we’re just going to throw the match instead of putting in extra (painful) time toward a lost cause.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

And it amazes me how preachers of the PTRs seems to ignore the fact that they usually don’t help anyway.

Why don’t PTRs work? I was going to agree with the comment, that any sort of change should be tested in a sandbox like this. Having a copy of the game running on a separate cluster seems like a no-brainer to me. The tests to run can be exhaustive, but that’s what automated testing scripts are for, to do a lot of the heavy lifting.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

The next step after confirming it is getting it fixed. As it isn’t fixed yet no post is to be expected.

Although it would be nice for devon to step in each day and say that they are still working on it, it is unneeded.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Why don’t PTRs work? I was going to agree with the comment, that any sort of change should be tested in a sandbox like this. Having a copy of the game running on a separate cluster seems like a no-brainer to me. The tests to run can be exhaustive, but that’s what automated testing scripts are for, to do a lot of the heavy lifting.

Serious answer:

Because PTR’s don’t get any amount of people actually playing on them in the same way they play on live. End of story. Most people just jump onto PTR’s to spoil upcoming content and don’t actually participate in any level of actual testing.

I would rate that finding this siege bug on a PTR would be highly unlikely because that would require player testers jumping into PTR wvw to actually care enough to deploy enough siege to find this bug. Its better to update the QA testing script based on this new bug to be sure it doesn’t happen again.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Sorrow’s Furnace is still having problem with siege. only equipment that can be dropped currently is golems.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

It’s always possible that the version tested in house performed properly and the version released didn’t. Sometimes little things go wrong or 1 guy who needs a cup of coffee goobers something up.

These kinds of mistakes ARE getting old, but I plan on being in the gaming industry one day so I DO sympathize with the onus that developers take on. It’s no easy task at all and 95% of the posters whining and complaining likely couldn’t handle the job even if trained. It’s pretty tough honestly.

People have all these stars in their eyes about what it’s like to work for a game company. It’s pretty soulcrushing at times, they do it because they love it and they hate seeing this kind of stuff just as much as we do.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

Sorrow’s Furnace is still having problem with siege. only equipment that can be dropped currently is golems.

There are a lot of us on DH that cant even play, much less worry about whether or not siege can be placed. :\ Dont know if its the same for your server, but the siege issues are one of the least concerns for some of us right now. Game is 100% unplayable for me and some others I have spoken to about it.

:’(

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Graywylfen.2497

Graywylfen.2497

We can’t place siege but some on the opposing servers are managing it. As a result we are have gone from slightly ahead to rapidly losing ground as they steamroll us.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: MarkSG.8109

MarkSG.8109

Well done. So after the last update you cannot drop any siege yet the enemy can, the game crashes all the time. Servers who have worked hard for their ranks falling behind, upgrades on keeps are bugged. And you have acknowledged most of this but seem unable to fix it. Maybe in future you will actually test what you are about to release because people wont take days like today forever!

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeRAW.4632

JudgeRAW.4632

A lot of people don’t. There are far bigger screw ups in other games that this doesn’t seem nearly as big a deal. At least they’re trying to evolve the game. Voice your displeasure but let’s not attack the devs for trying to do their job. Everybody messes up sometimes.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

PTR’s help…However how much they help is based on the Company that’s running the game.

You’d be amazed how much stuff is reported in these MMO’s to the developers, The developers know its on the Test server, but they go a head and push the patch Live because they think the risk isn’t that bad.

Its not surprising this bug did go live though, They don’t have a large testing community that a PTR server would bring….mainly cause Anet is Cheap..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: schnitzel.9018

schnitzel.9018

It`s not funny anymore…

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

Feel likes is aprils fool joke… hey we gonna give you free siege with those chests you zerged so hard for….. but guess what!!!! you cant use them muhahahaha.

Was kinda funny the first night, but now its boring….. do we have enough people to zerg that gate or do we need a golem??

Tbh no point playing atm, unless if have more than the other side then u cant do anything, and anyone thats played against the german servers will feel the pain I am.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Its funny that PVE content bugs get fixed within 1 hour, and WvW.. och who am I kidding its old news right

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

I LOVE this, no arrowcarts, only golems.

WvWvW has not been so much fun in ages.

Can we keep it please.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

If this was letting us earn gold it would have been hotfixed yesterday and that is the sad truth.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

It’s been far too long since the patch was released. This needs to be hotfixed. I’d be willing to risk skipping their (already horrid) QA process if we can get a fix for this tonight…

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: XIII.6351

XIII.6351

I hate how PVE bugs gets fixed asap. WvW needs more love

Arcanum [Sanctum Of Roger “Oldroar” Rall]
`Warrior/ `Necromancer/ `Guardian
That’s how it goes wrong, people think they’re fcking heroes.- Sacrx[Red Guard]

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Gailena.5021

Gailena.5021

Isle of Janthir. This is the 2nd day of not being able to drop siege, arrow carts, balistas, flame rams, trebuchets, catapults. We are able to build golems. This makes it impossible to protect our towers. Our enemies are able to set up siege against us. Our enemies can build arrow carts, balistas, flame rams, trebuchets and catapults on Isle of Janthir. This makes it a very unfair advantage to all of our enemies.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

If this was letting us earn gold it would have been hotfixed yesterday and that is the sad truth.

This is so sad.. but so true.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: OneBloke.7264

OneBloke.7264

Before the filter gets me im gonna do it myself.
What the kitten has anet been doing all the kittening time since yesterday? it’s been kittening hours since the bug was discovered and reported yet no kitten fix has been kittening released. How much longer must we wait till the kitten fix comes? This is a kitten in the kitten with the kitten of the kitten. Kittening kitten of the kitten!!

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: silkysoft.6749

silkysoft.6749

I hate how PVE bugs gets fixed asap. WvW needs more love

Devon has said in previous posts that they discriminate against the minority. The wvw team can’t implement anything unless they run it through the pve guys first. Kinda sad when this game is called guild wars and not npc wars.